Customer Reviews

4.90/5
based on 856 ratings
Read more reviews

Original review: May 4, 2018

We looked at 15 to 20 different transport companies and we chose Ship a Car Direct based on references and their Better Business Bureau standing. The customer service representative was really good and helpful. But the original quote was too low and nobody picked up our car so we upped the amount we were gonna give and they threw in some money which was nice. About a week later, the car was picked up. The final cost of the service was high but somebody told us exactly what we paid was what we would pay and they were right. Plus looking at the quality of the service that we received, it was worth it. It didn’t cost that much compared to putting me to drive down and stay in hotels.

The guys that delivered my vehicle were very friendly too. They didn’t try to get any extra money out of us when they dropped off the car or extort anything from us from the things we had in the trunk. So it was good. They were good people. We shipped a 2002 Impala across 2,000 miles and we got it in three days which was also my drive time down there so they were quick. The vehicle arrived in perfect condition, just as we shipped it. I’d use Ship a Car Direct again.

Original review: May 4, 2018

I was moving from Washington to Texas, and I shipped a Honda CRV. Ship a Car Direct was referred to me by one of my friends, so I directly went with them. I spoke to David initially to find out what the quote they were giving me, how it was gonna work and things like that. That was crystal clear. He explained everything right from how it works and it was a very easy process for me to go ahead and place another online. I got the quote from David via email and I just had to click the link to make the payment. The quote given was not too bad compared to the other quotes. I was getting at least a $200 difference, so that helped me chose them.

When they came to pick up the car in Washington, they did a full check if there were any scratches or any damages all around the car and they gave me a report as well. They were friendly. I was expecting the delivery to be made in five days or more, but I got the car within three days. That was surprising and quick. They were prompt and I was very happy. And when they delivered the car, the driver was courteous and friendly, so I was also happy about it.

I was there during the delivery and the driver called me on the morning of delivery and he wanted me to find a big parking space where he could get his big truck. He was mentioning that he won't be able to stop it anywhere on the road because it was a big truck obviously. I was staying in a hotel so I guided him to a parking lot close by and I went and picked up the car. They called me and they gave me an estimate of what time they would be reaching, so that gave me enough time to become available for the pickup. Other than the vehicle being dirty, I would not complain about that because that is common during transport. It was as if how it was picked up in Washington when it was delivered.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 26, 2015

I cannot say enough good things about my experience with shipping my daughter's car from Los Angeles, CA to Louisville, KY with Ship A Car Direct. The entire process was easy, efficient and flawless. David was invaluable to me, getting everything in order and keeping me informed of what steps were next, every step of the way. The car was picked up within two days of us contacting them, and delivered a day early, in perfect shape for a very reasonable price - $800.

The following is how I made the decision to go with Ship A Car Direct in the first place - and clearly the hardest thing about shipping a car is figuring out how you're going to do it and who you're going to trust to handle it. I first found Ship a Car Direct via Yelp. After reading all the reviews I never researched another company. I went directly with them and was glad I did.

What set them apart was while they had 4 out of 5 stars, upon reading all the reviews I found that Ship a Car Direct responds to and appropriately addresses their reviews - the good, the bad and the ugly, of which there were not many lower star reviews, but they did address any and all problems and fixed them right then and there. They even gave refunds. In more than one instance I didn't even think the complaining person deserved one. This made a huge difference in my decision to go with them.

I realized by using a broker like Ship A Car Direct that I'd have a third party on my side during the process if anything went wrong, and I realized through the reviews that they work very hard to make sure nothing does go wrong. I found in MANY cases the incidence of lower stars was unfounded. The complaints were for small, insignificant things - like the driver didn't speak to them as friendly as they liked. Seriously? You'd deduct a star from the broker because the truck driver didn't speak to you with rainbows and butterflies in their voice? This ain't Nordstrom - you have a trucker bringing your car to you - and it arrived early and in good shape. Be real.

While sometimes things go wrong, or companies do bad things, reviewers also do bad things, are wrong, are unrealistic, unfair, or just plain clueless. Taken into account, and before I even booked with them, I realized they really should have 5 out of 5 stars based on my reading and this is why I selected this company. What mattered to me was the reviews showed the cars arrived, either on time or early, or even a few days later in a couple cases - seriously cross country travel is not an exact science - and they arrived in the same shape they left in.

THAT'S THE GOAL.THAT'S WHAT MATTERS. Not if you did something stupid like stow extra stuff behind the seats to save yourself the shipping cost of personal items when you were told to not do this under any circumstances, and not if a delivery driver didn't speak to you with rainbows and butterflies in his voice. This isn't Nordstrom - it's trucking companies moving your car across many miles of roadways, traffic, bad weather and sometimes unsafe conditions. BE REAL and BE FAIR.

If you want your car handled appropriately, and with another set of eyes and recourse on your side, go with this broker who will make the arrangements for a transport company they know and trust for you as well as follow the ENTIRE process along the way for you. Frankly, I don't think the President of the United States is as informed as we were throughout the process. Amazing customer service.

My daughter's car arrived in perfect shape. It was picked up when and where we needed it picked up, delivered not only a day ahead of time, but a half hour sooner than expected in order to help me with a work schedule issue exactly where we needed to pick it up - talk about great service. The transport truck was new, clean and in good shape and it held other high end cars on it as well - and they all looked perfect, too. The driver, Bobby, was positive, enthusiastic, kind, considerate, concerned about a schedule snafu I had, professional and very efficient.

We could not have been happier with a situation that can be filled with pitfalls over one of your most important and costly possessions. I have zero affiliation with this company, I'm the founder of a 15 year old non-profit who helps women through surgery all over the world, so I had no experience with this and was really worried about how to do this until I found them. I would give Ship A Car Direct 20 stars if I could. A million billion thank you's. I'd use them again in a heartbeat. Attached is a pic of my happy daughter in her car and the nice transport truck the car came across country on - perfect experience!

Original review: May 7, 2018

Ship a Car Direct was by far the company to go with for shipping a car cross country. Totally professional from the beginning of the experience with my first encounter with the sales coordinator Eve. What a sweetheart. She answered every question I had throughout the entire process and always called back when she was on another line. The detailed informative step by step video about what the experience of transporting a car was awesome. The driver of the transport vehicle Mario was a superstar. This company is first class and I doubt that anyone else out there can compare. If you transport a car, this is definitely the company to go with.

Original review: May 7, 2018

Our moving company was suppose to set up our car transport. They failed. I called Ship a Car and talked to Renee. I was panicked because we were leaving Friday to drive to Texas and needed the car picked up by then, it was Wednesday. Renee was great. She found someone to pick up the car Friday around noon. Demetri arrived on time, looked over the car, took the keys and said he would probably be able to deliver the car Monday. True to his word, he delivered the car in the same condition it was given to him. I would highly recommend Ship a Car.

Original review: May 5, 2018

I received fantastic service shipping a car from Florida to New Mexico. Customer support is top notch, and they kept me informed throughout the process. The car was picked up within my preferred window, and it arrived on time with no damage. Will definitely use them in the future if I need to ship a car cross-country!

Original review: May 5, 2018

The entire process could not have been easier. Everyone work around my schedule and time frame. Price was fair and competitive to others. I am using them again for my second car to be transported. Highly recommend Ship A Car Direct to anyone.

5.00/5

Original review: May 3, 2018

I had familiarity and confidence that Ship a Car Direct would do what they said they did, and that turned out to be true. This is my third time shipping with them and for three years I've been dealing with Matt. I recently shipped my car from San Francisco to Denver and was given a quote six or seven weeks before. But then there was a big influx of cars going from San Francisco to Denver and there were not that many options. I chose to pay $100 more if my car got out on the 16th. I also gave whatever the transport people wanted. It was shared by Ship a Car Direct and myself. The car then arrived within a week. I understood that it had to go back to whatever and it did not cause inconvenience to me at all. The car arrived in the same condition that I sent it, perhaps a little bit dustier or dirtier though. There were snow and everything else but there was no damage to the car. They are good.

Original review: May 2, 2018

I was moving back to Georgia from California and there were a couple of other companies that we looked at. I got Ship a Car Direct's quote on the phone and their price was the best. But even more than that, I appreciated how they didn’t try to talk badly about the other companies. The other two companies were saying others wouldn't stick with the price and they told us to get back in touch with then when we're asked for the real price. They would say things towards the competition and that was noticeably not the case with Ship a Car Direct. They were very pleasant. They gave me the information that I asked for and they didn’t keep calling. They stood out.

Costa was great. She was very calm, informative and easygoing. Aside from her, everybody was professional and pleasant. They were personable and knowledgeable. It was a very hectic time and this was the one part of this move that was made easier with how I was treated. The delivery was very much on schedule with what they said and I liked that I met the driver when he came and picked up the car. He also kept in touch on his route and everything went without a hitch. They did a great job and I would tell others to go with them.

Original review: May 2, 2018

Ship a Car Direct has good service and I've used them three times now. I highly recommend them. They were excellent the first time and good the second time. That time, I called looking for the car and they were very helpful. This third time, they were excellent again. We bought a car up close to Wisconsin and had it shipped to Texas. I checked the one where five different people send you quotes and Ship a Car Direct's turned out to be about $200 less. I called in to change the delivery location because Alky was gonna be unavailable when the car was gonna arrive and they were very good. They changed it immediately and the driver called me. He was a day early too. He was extremely helpful and he answered all my questions. He parked the car exactly where I wanted it. The driver could not have been any better. He went out of his way and I would give him particularly high praise.

Original review: May 1, 2018

Using Ship a Car Direct had been a very good experience. I was giving a car to a grandson and it was a 1,000 mile trip. By the time I added what it would cost me to drive up with motel rooms and gasoline, I figured that it was almost as cheap to have Ship a Car Direct do it and save the mileage on the old car. I’ve shipped about three or four cars, as far away as Las Vegas. My children are spread all over, so I’ve used a number of agencies and I really believe that it is a reputable industry. I’ve had good experience with three companies now and I’ve used one twice.

It was my first time using Ship a Car Direct and I was really impressed with the fact that it was the owner who picked the car up. They're a confederation of small business operations. I’ve talked to the owner's wife and the business operation which I think was another family member. Moreover, the guy that picked up the car was the guy who rode out. It’s a family affair and that’s fine with me. When the car arrived, my grandson was very pleased.

Original review: May 1, 2018

My aging parents needed to be moved to Iowa and I didn’t want them to drive from Tucson to Iowa. And I didn’t want to have to drive their ’65 Mustang convertible either. At first I was very hesitant to trust somebody with the car, but in the end, it turned out wonderful. I did some research and read reviews online and finally went with Ship A Car Direct. I called them and immediately got information on the process and insurance, and what they actually do on their end and what is expected of me on mine. Then they sent me an email with tons of information and that really helped. Almost every week up until the shipping they sent me emails with information and updates, which was very helpful.

The quote that I received was in line with I had expected and it was spot on. The delivery went very smoothly. The guys who transported the car were very nice, accommodating, and happy to explain exactly what they were doing. It was a great experience and the vehicle was in the same condition it left. I would highly recommend Ship A Car Direct to anyone. They made the transport very easy and in the end I didn’t need to worry as much as I did.

Original review: April 30, 2018

My husband saw a Mustang on the internet, bid on it and won the bid, and we had to ship it from Biloxi. The guy that we bought it from does a lot of shipping and buying from different states and he recommended Ship a Car Direct. When the Ship a Car Direct guys showed up, my husband was blown away because he thought it'd be like a pick-up truck with a 3 car trailer. The guys were really great and very friendly. They took the car off the truck and it was perfect. There were no dents. Also, we got a $30 rebate and it went on our credit card. We were very satisfied and very happy with Ship a Car Direct.

Original review: April 30, 2018

I did a bunch of internet searches on trying to find the best transport company and Ship a Car Direct had great reviews. The rep was phenomenal and the interaction with her was great. The quote was accurate and I was surprised. They provided a fair price and an excellent service. They also communicated well and had a good email type of update system. Overall, the whole process was phenomenal. Ship a Car Direct had to drop off the vehicle and the driver was a very nice gentleman. He did a good job transporting the vehicle and it came in a great condition, so I was very happy. Also, the vehicle was delivered within the expected time frame.

Original review: April 29, 2018

Since I changed jobs and moved from Pennsylvania to Colorado, I had to ship my Audi. I did my research online and Ship a Car Direct seemed to have the best reviews. Their reps were great and very friendly as well. They were available and they responded quickly. The quote given to me was insanely expensive though, but I was expecting it because I looked at other prices online and they were about the same. And because my work was paying for it, I didn’t care about how much the shipping would cost. However, I ended up paying a hundred bucks more than what was quoted.

The transport took three days, and during the delivery, I worked directly with the carrier. Then, I worked with the driver because his truck couldn’t get to where he needed to drop the car off. When my car arrived, I was very happy that it came in one piece. It was covered transport and I received great quality service. Ship a Car Direct handled my request very well so I’m gonna use them for my second car.

Original review: April 29, 2018

I moved from California to Texas and I refuse to drive long distance. I looked at three or four other companies and Ship a Car Direct had some really good ratings so I went with them. The reps were very friendly. They asked me questions and they gave me a follow up email right away. So, I was able to take a look at it and see if I like what they are offering me. The quote from Ship a Car Direct was reasonable and it was comfortable compared to the other ones that I received. I’m overall satisfied with the cost because that was the going rate. And then in the end, it was accurate too. They called and then they told me a time frame when they will come.

The car was shipped on Saturday and then that Monday it was in Texas. But I hadn’t gone to Texas yet until that Thursday so they just kept it with them until I got there. And then I asked the company that Ship a Car Direct had hired for me to ship me my car to arrive in Texas on Thursday and they arranged that for me. That was very quick. Ship a Car Direct basically connected me with that company but if I had any questions I could always go to Ship a Car Direct. I felt confident that both companies would give me what I needed and they did. I went to the mechanic the next day and everything was fine with my 2015 Toyota Camry. It was perfect. Ship a Car Direct did a great job and everything went fine despite the long distance transport.

Ship a Car Direct was on top of things. I called Ship a Car Direct when I had a question and I got a very quick response whether it was email or phone. And if they weren’t available because it's after business hours, they got back to me when they could in the business hours. They really care about their customers and make them a priority, and they don’t leave them hanging for days. I’ll recommend Ship a Car Direct to others who are looking for a shipping company.

5.00/5

Original review: April 27, 2018

I was moving back to Kansas because my husband was going out on deployment and so I needed to ship my car. I did the free quote online where I sent it to a bunch of transport companies. I had seven or eight companies contacting me. I went online and looked at the reviews. Ship a Car Direct had the best reviews. Also, the other car companies would call me two or three times a day which was getting ridiculous while Ship a Car Direct just gave me their information and told me to call them if I had more questions. So they were a lot more professional.

Their quote was in the middle. It was explained to me that the ones with lower quotes would probably jack up the prices once I got in with them. But with Ship a Car Direct, I didn't have to pay any more than my quoted amount plus it wasn't that bad. The people at Ship a Car Direct were so helpful too. I’d never done this thing before and they answered all my questions. They made it super simple because I was worried that I was giving my car to a stranger. They told me they know it sounds scary but this is done multiple times a day, and that they have a lot of people feeling nervous, but once I start the process, it would be just like I was traveling. And so it really was super easy.

They gave me a number where I could call the driver and keep track of where he was. I just called twice because I was informed of the time the driver would be arriving and that he was on his way. It took five or six days to ship my car. It wasn't very long and the car was in perfect condition--no scratches--when it arrived. I would definitely use them again.

5.00/5

Original review: April 24, 2018

We moved across the country and we had Ship a Car Direct transport an SUV and a sedan for about 2200 miles. I used the online calculator and it gave us a quote that was very fair. Their reps were really good and very proactive too. We spoke on the phone a couple of times and did mostly email follow-ups. They found the carrier and they were the broker between myself and the actual driver--Chris. He was really nice as well. He made it to town early and asked if he could deliver. The whole transport took four days and it went really smoothly. Also, the vehicles arrived in great condition. Ship a Car Direct was professional and stuck to what they said they were going to do.

Original review: April 21, 2018

We needed to get a Honda Civic from Florida to Pennsylvania. Among the three companies that we looked at, Ship a Car Direct could do the shipping right away so we chose them. Their rep called me and told me what I needed, and I said okay. And then, they sent me an app where I could take a picture of the car and fill out some paperwork and the shipping was all set. I got a quote over the phone and I thought they were reasonable enough. They were pretty much what everybody else was charging. The rep said that we would get the car quicker if we added a $100 to it, so that was what I did and the young man that picked the car up got it here almost the next day. He was nice. I met him at a place where he could easily put the car on the transporter and it got delivered fine. My experience with Ship a Car Direct was good. I'd tell others to give them a shot.

Original review: April 21, 2018

I was moving my car from California back to Michigan and I didn’t wanna make that drive by myself so I looked into a couple of transport companies. Ship a Car Direct had great reviews and they were very communicative. They kept me up to date on everything and answered all my questions promptly, so I felt the service was very good. It just gave me some reassurance that they would be the company to use. They gave me a quote which was 100% accurate after the transport. The gentleman I dealt with was John and he was fantastic.

Ship a Car was a little more expensive than the carriers I’ve used in the past but the quality of service was excellent. My car arrived the way I sent it and I can’t complain because I had some stuff inside the car the day it went in the transport and my trunk and back seat were full. Their service was good. The driver was a day late in the delivery because he had engine trouble but that was understandable. I didn't realize that at first until he dropped the car off and he told me I should have had the car here the previous day. He was very nice and I liked him. Ship a Car Direct did a great job and I would use them again.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I had a very positive experience with Ship a Car Direct. I looked at a lot of different companies and Ship a Car Direct had a lot of positive reviews on the internet and the Better Business Bureau. We got to transfer a 2014 MDX Acura from Chicago to Florida and it took a couple of days. I had very limited interaction with the rep but it was very good and to the point. The driver also seemed conscientious and he was very accommodating on delivery dates.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I was skeptical about shipping my daughter's car across the country but Jennifer at Ship A Car Direct couldn’t have done better at alleviating my concerns. My truck driver was very professional and did a excellent job at communicating with my daughter and I. It only took four days from pickup to delivery.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I was moving and needed to ship a BMW M3 about 1200 miles. I looked at four transport companies and Ship a Car Direct had better reviews. I called to schedule transport service and then everything was done by email, although the rep called me once when they found a driver. Everything was done well. The quote I received was reasonable and accurate. It was cheaper than driving myself and staying the night in a hotel, but I had to throw in an extra $50 after a few days when no one picked up the route.

My car was picked up on Sunday and it arrived here on Wednesday. The rep told me when it was gonna come and it came on that day. The driver called me a couple of hours prior and told me he would be here. I met him down the bottom of the hill because the truck couldn’t turn around in my cul-de-sac. We looked the car over and its condition was exactly the same as when it left. Then I paid the driver. The delivery was straightforward and took about 20 minutes. I have recommended Ship a Car Direct to a couple and I told them they might as well just ship their vehicle since that was cheaper once they account for gas, staying in a hotel, and the wear and tear on their vehicle. I would definitely use Ship a Car Direct again.

Original review: April 19, 2018

Ship a Car Direct had very good reviews and their rep was easy to talk to. He never pressured me when he gave me the quote on how much it was gonna cost to ship a car. I told him it was a little steep and he understood. He told me that we have a chance to look around and we can call back. I didn’t take the car right away because I was moving and I was trying to get my furniture moved. But when I had to get my car shipped, I called him back and he went up a hundred dollars. So, I asked him why and he said it’s because all the other competitors were higher and he had to go up to match them so he can get my car shipped.

I had two cars shipped from California to Arlington, Texas which was about 1500 miles and the drivers were pretty good. I had a Corvette which was a luxury car so I was really nervous about my baby being shipped but everything worked out. It came very quickly. The Corvette met me there in Texas and then the other car came. I was really pleased with it. I noticed that the fender of my 2008 Mazda was hanging off but it was older so I didn’t worry about it. I was glad to get my car here and I can always get that repaired. Ship a Car Direct is a very reputable company and the customer service is excellent. If there was anything that I needed, they were very accessible. If I needed to get a hold of the person that I contacted initially to ship my car, he got back to me immediately.

5.00/5

Original review: April 18, 2018

We contacted Ship a Car Direct to have our car shipped since we were moving and they gave us a good price. The rep was also helpful and got back to us promptly. The guy picked the car up the day that I wanted it to be picked up and he dropped it off the very next day. It was extremely fast and it exceeded my expectations. It was a really positive experience.

5.00/5

Original review: April 17, 2018

I recently moved a car, a Ford Escape, from Arizona to New Jersey using Ship a Car Direct. I have used them before. Everything was done online. I spoke to the reps once to confirm the dates or the time and everything went well. I used the free quote calculator and the actual amount was right on. The driver called the night before and we arranged the time. He was there within an hour or so of the time and everything went well. They delivered and I was very satisfied.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I would definitely use this company again to help with the transport of my vehicle. David ** was very helpful, knowledgeable, courteous and willing to answer all and any questions I may have had. He returned my calls and answered my emails in a prompt manner. I always felt like I had an advocate in dealing with the transport carrier as it pertained to pick up and delivery information.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I was moving from Puerto Rico to Houston and I didn’t want to drive my Mazda 6 all the way from Fort Lauderdale to Houston. I did a lot of research and Ship a Car Direct seemed to be an honest company and they gave me the best price. I talked to Stephen and he was really good. He was very knowledgeable and he was good at doing the work. I gave the type of my car, the address it was coming from, and the address it was going to be delivered to.

He always kept in contact with me by email, phone, and text message. He started with who was going to pick my car up for me. Also, he sent the quote via email, which was the exact amount I paid at the end. The carrier communicated with me every day about the status of the car and where he was. He called me when he transferred the car from Jacksonville Port to Houston and on the day he was going to drop the car in Houston. Ship a Car Direct was really good. I can recommend them to whoever wants to ship a car. I have a friend who’s coming from Puerto Rico to here in Houston and she contacted the company to also ship a car from Jacksonville to here.

Original review: April 15, 2018

I was very pleased with my recent car shipping. Jennifer was extremely honest with me about everything. I was nervous but it went great. My driver Tom was also fantastic. I will definitely use Ship a Car Direct again in the future.

Original review: April 15, 2018

The process was professional from beginning to end. Jennifer communicated throughout the whole process, carrier was prompt and even delivered a day early and was responsive in coordinating the West Coast pick up with my son. We will definitely be using/recommended this service if need be!