Customer Reviews

4.88/5
based on 791 ratings
Read more reviews
5.00/5

In 2014, I used this company to ship my wife's BMW to Long Beach NY. She was definitely paranoid about her "baby" in the hands of the wrong Transport company. After extensive research on reviews, I called Ship a Car Direct and spoke with Matt. He was courteous, professional and a wealth of knowledge. He was NOT pushy or "sales-y". Car was delivered in time as promised! 3 years later, I needed to ship my BMW to Long Beach NY too. I looked in my cell phone for Matt. Yep, they impressed me so much that I kept their contact info to refer them.

Guess what, Matt was still there. He took care of everything and guided me through the process. There were even great enhancements on their process that made the experience even better. Their mobile app is great! Anyway, my car was picked on time and delivered on time. The driver had excellent customer service. Trust me I know great service when I encounter it. I am the Director of Customer Support for my company so this is a stickler for me! Use this company for your car transport needs, you will be satisfied.

5.00/5

Moving from the Midwest to the West Coast was full of daunting tasks, to say the least. Moving the contents of a home was stressful enough, let alone figuring out how to get my car to the West Coast. I started the process by looking up carriers and brokers, only to find one too many horror stories in the reviews. I was about to say the heck with it and just drive my vehicle to the West Coast, but I kept the faith, and thank God I did. I came upon Ship A Car Direct. Not only was the process of shipping a vehicle printed in black and white on their website, but there were colorful videos just in case black and white wasn't enough. And there was a phone number, and get this, a real live person named Gaby answered the phone. And to make it even better, Gaby had a real email address too; not some "No reply" generic email address that most companies offer.

I'm a tough consumer, so I still wasn't completely sold (just 99%). I talked to Gaby (a couple of times). She was so knowledgeable and confident that eventually I had nothing but peace in deciding to get a quote, then accepting the quote. So here is where my mistakes begin. I originally had the pick-up location for my vehicle at the home I was moving out of. I learned that my place on the West Coast wouldn't be available for three weeks after the closing on my house. So, I had to stay with my sister in a neighboring city until my scheduled departure to the West Coast. My new place is a suburb of Las Vegas. Well, mistake number two; when I requested the quote, I put in Las Vegas as the delivery address. So now I want the carrier to pick up my car and drop it off at two locations outside of my original request.

My mistakes began trying to catch up with me. No carrier was finding my job attractive because neither the pick-up location or final destination were major, recognizable cities. But thanks to Ship A Car Direct, the mistakes never caught me. Gaby and Dave (Dave was another live person who responded on Gaby's behalf when she went on vacation) intercepted the issue and worked aggressively with the carriers. Just a couple days after realizing the issue that was keeping carriers from wanting to take my job, my vehicle was on its way to me.

And here's where it gets even better, my quote, which was industry standard (because I checked), was still pretty much right on the money to what the carrier requested for going the extra miles so to speak in picking up and delivering my vehicle to locations that weren't on a regular driving route (or on the original quote). To make a long story short (although I know it's a little too late for that), it was worth every dime to allow Ship A Car Direct to find and vet the best carrier for me. Let's just say with the way my car is on mileage, I would have spent more in gas driving it to Nevada than utilizing the expertise and experience of Ship A Car Direct.

Ship a Car Direct

Thank you so much for the amazing review, Anni! And you bring up terrific points about what to value when reading online reviews! Happy to stand up to your research!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2015

I cannot say enough good things about my experience with shipping my daughter's car from Los Angeles, CA to Louisville, KY with Ship A Car Direct. The entire process was easy, efficient and flawless. David was invaluable to me, getting everything in order and keeping me informed of what steps were next, every step of the way. The car was picked up within two days of us contacting them, and delivered a day early, in perfect shape for a very reasonable price - $800.

The following is how I made the decision to go with Ship A Car Direct in the first place - and clearly the hardest thing about shipping a car is figuring out how you're going to do it and who you're going to trust to handle it. I first found Ship a Car Direct via Yelp. After reading all the reviews I never researched another company. I went directly with them and was glad I did.

What set them apart was while they had 4 out of 5 stars, upon reading all the reviews I found that Ship a Car Direct responds to and appropriately addresses their reviews - the good, the bad and the ugly, of which there were not many lower star reviews, but they did address any and all problems and fixed them right then and there. They even gave refunds. In more than one instance I didn't even think the complaining person deserved one. This made a huge difference in my decision to go with them.

I realized by using a broker like Ship A Car Direct that I'd have a third party on my side during the process if anything went wrong, and I realized through the reviews that they work very hard to make sure nothing does go wrong. I found in MANY cases the incidence of lower stars was unfounded. The complaints were for small, insignificant things - like the driver didn't speak to them as friendly as they liked. Seriously? You'd deduct a star from the broker because the truck driver didn't speak to you with rainbows and butterflies in their voice? This ain't Nordstrom - you have a trucker bringing your car to you - and it arrived early and in good shape. Be real.

While sometimes things go wrong, or companies do bad things, reviewers also do bad things, are wrong, are unrealistic, unfair, or just plain clueless. Taken into account, and before I even booked with them, I realized they really should have 5 out of 5 stars based on my reading and this is why I selected this company. What mattered to me was the reviews showed the cars arrived, either on time or early, or even a few days later in a couple cases - seriously cross country travel is not an exact science - and they arrived in the same shape they left in.

THAT'S THE GOAL.THAT'S WHAT MATTERS. Not if you did something stupid like stow extra stuff behind the seats to save yourself the shipping cost of personal items when you were told to not do this under any circumstances, and not if a delivery driver didn't speak to you with rainbows and butterflies in his voice. This isn't Nordstrom - it's trucking companies moving your car across many miles of roadways, traffic, bad weather and sometimes unsafe conditions. BE REAL and BE FAIR.

If you want your car handled appropriately, and with another set of eyes and recourse on your side, go with this broker who will make the arrangements for a transport company they know and trust for you as well as follow the ENTIRE process along the way for you. Frankly, I don't think the President of the United States is as informed as we were throughout the process. Amazing customer service.

My daughter's car arrived in perfect shape. It was picked up when and where we needed it picked up, delivered not only a day ahead of time, but a half hour sooner than expected in order to help me with a work schedule issue exactly where we needed to pick it up - talk about great service. The transport truck was new, clean and in good shape and it held other high end cars on it as well - and they all looked perfect, too. The driver, Bobby, was positive, enthusiastic, kind, considerate, concerned about a schedule snafu I had, professional and very efficient.

We could not have been happier with a situation that can be filled with pitfalls over one of your most important and costly possessions. I have zero affiliation with this company, I'm the founder of a 15 year old non-profit who helps women through surgery all over the world, so I had no experience with this and was really worried about how to do this until I found them. I would give Ship A Car Direct 20 stars if I could. A million billion thank you's. I'd use them again in a heartbeat. Attached is a pic of my happy daughter in her car and the nice transport truck the car came across country on - perfect experience!

5.00/5

Great first time experience with this company. Always in contact with you and came up with a terrific company that shipped my car from Florida to New York. Would use again, and also would use the same carrier.

5.00/5

I have two residences, one in Florida and one in Rhode Island. I couldn't drive two cars so we had to ship one from Florida to Rhode Island. I went through Consumer Reports to see ratings on people within the area and it sent me directly to Ship a Car Direct. I read the reviews and decided to go with them. The interactions with their rep went very well. This is the first time I've ever shipped my car. I had a lot of fears and unknowns with it. But they were able to talk to me and explained everything to me in a way where I felt very comfortable with shipping my car. The service I received was excellent.

5.00/5

I was moving from the east coast to the west coast. My sister had used Inter Cities and they recommended me to go on to a review board. Ship a Car Direct was on there and it had a lot of good recommendations. The quote I was given was a good one and I ended up paying pretty close to what I was quoted. It was also a thousand less than what my sister had to pay for. Additionally, the customer service reps were pretty good. I had scheduled my car to be picked up by another company but that fell through and they never called me back. But with Ship a Car, the experience was pretty good through the whole process. And they picked my car up. There wasn’t any issues or anything so I was very happy.

5.00/5

I was shipping the car to my son so I did an internet search. Ship a Car Direct came up with good reviews and info so I went with them. My interaction with their customer service representatives was quick and easy. They gave me the details and everything worked out the way it was supposed to. So far, it's been a no hassle experience.

5.00/5

Car shipped across the country from East to West - Great job. Did what they said they'd do at the quoted price, super professional. Don't use anyone else - especially if you get driver Chris and Matt coordinating the transfer. I had no worries at all and my daughter experienced the same excellence in service when she received the vehicle.

5.00/5

Great price. Great service. On time pickup and delivery. Pleasantly surprised since the price paid quoted was about fifty percent cheaper than most of the quotes I had received. The driver was very informative and trustworthy. The truck and clean and I had no issue handing over my keys.

5.00/5

I loved the nice person from Ship a Car Direct and there were good reviews about the company so we got them when we moved. The customer service was good. It took longer to get the car there than I originally thought but the driver let me know why once I found out who he was. There was a delay due to weather and truck issues.

5.00/5

I was moving back home and Ship a Car Direct was recommended to me by a friend. I requested a quote and they emailed it to me. They were excellent and it was overall a really good experience.

5.00/5

The entire experience was professional. Every step of the way went like clockwork. From Stephan at Ship a Car Direct, to Dennis the transport driver, they take pride in their work and do what they promise. I highly recommend this company.

5.00/5

The whole Ship A Car Direct experience was painless and stress free. They assigned me an awesome agent and he connected me up with a trucker after we firmed up a date. Communications was absolutely outstanding and I never had a problem getting in touch with my agent. Once he assigned me a trucker, that trucker dispatcher was friendly and got me in touch with the driver, who was also great to work with. If I ever need to ship a vehicle again, I am calling Ship A Car Direct. And their prices were the best of three companies I got quotes from! Couldn't have been happier.

5.00/5

I acquired a car in California and I needed it shipped to where I was in Virginia. I went with Ship a Car Direct because of their reviews and price. I was quoted something fairly accurate for what I ended up paying. The price was good. The customer service representatives were very helpful in answering all the questions I had about their service, what they guaranteed, and what they insured. Also the driver was good at communicating and got the car to me without any damages. Plus he worked with me to accommodate the schedule on both the pick-up and the drop off. Ship a Car Direct was overall helpful and reassuring.

5.00/5

I needed to get my truck from Oregon to Florida. I found that Ship a Car Direct's website with their videos answered most of my questions concerning how the process works. Company rep. Eric filled in the rest. The carrier they hooked me up with was very professional. They arrived at the agreed to pick up point when they said they would and delivered my vehicle to Florida at the quoted price I was given. I'd recommend Ship a Car Direct to anyone needing this service.

5.00/5

This was my first experience shipping a car this way. I did the research and Ship A Car Direct was the most impressive company. I was not the least bit disappointed, especially when my new baby was delivered early and with no damage. Customer service was superior. Highest marks possible.

5.00/5

I’ve used Ship a Car Direct before when I moved from California to Texas and I had a good experience. I also went to ConsumerAffairs and saw they are rated very high so I used them again when I was moving from Texas to California. The quote that Angela gave me was higher than what it was last time but I don’t mind paying more for good service. The scheduling happened at the last minute because the Fourth of July holiday was coming up so there was a delay in getting the driver assigned, but it was okay. The driver was very good and he was a nice guy. It was an excellent service and I have no complaints. They kept me informed and the overall experience was very good. It was much better than what I have seen with my moving company. It’s very professional so, it is much appreciated. I recommended Ship a Car Direct to a couple of friends already.

5.00/5

It went well! As a first time experience with shipping a car, I was very satisfied with the process and price. While there was increase with the drivers fees at the last minute, Ship a Car Direct resolved the matter and ensured I was satisfied. The driver communicated with me throughout the evening on delivery day and drop off was smooth. We will definitely use SACD with future shipping to Idaho and have already told friends about our experience.

5.00/5

I worked with Angela from Ship a Car Direct. Knew right away I made the right call. She was professional and confident that they would be able to get my car shipped from Michigan to Miami in the timeframe I needed. The rate was within the quoted price and further research showed that my price was fair. Driver was very accommodating on delivery. Met me within walking difference to my location. Would definitely recommend them.

5.00/5

I was moving and Ship a Car Direct was the company that called me back right away. There was a lot of communication back and forth and it was a great experience overall. I would recommend them.

5.00/5

Matt provided great service and kept me current with what to expect my first time around, as I was skeptical and had many questions. The second time I moved there was no question in using him. I had no worries about pick-up/drop-off/etc, I knew what to expect and they cover every concern well before picking up your vehicle. For example, I knew my car was going to be dirty from traveling in an open truck across country. I would recommend them to others and would use them again.

5.00/5

I had a great experience with Ship a Car Direct. The customer service reps were responsive and provided a fair price. The driver I was matched with was also good. I moved both my pick up location and drop off location to within a few miles of the original locations and the driver was very accommodating.

5.00/5

I moved to California so I needed my car shipped and found Ship a Car Direct. It’s good to know how much I’m going to pay before I get started and the quote they gave me was accurate. The customer service reps were easy to get a hold of and they were very helpful from start to finish. They have excellent service and my experience was very easy and smooth.

5.00/5

Ship a Car Direct had great reviews online and I felt like I could trust them to ship my car. I also got a couple of quotes with other shippers and Ship a Car Direct's rate seemed to be the best. The reviews attest to that so I went with them. The first contact person was very friendly, courteous and responded to my emails in a timely fashion. The overall communication with the folks at Ship a Car Direct was good. Also, the trucking agencies that they contract with did a good job of delivering the cars on time and in good shape. Even the drivers were very nice. So, I had a good experience with Ship a Car Direct. They have excellent service and value for money. I would recommend them to everyone.

4.00/5

Their team was very courteous and professional. They warned us in advance that it's always a challenge to get carriers to pick up from our small town in upstate NY, but they did a great job of communicating with the carrier and ensuring they arrived at the right time and place to pick up the car (at a friend's house) and to deliver it (at Target Shopping Center). What's most important is that the car arrived without a scratch on it, so very satisfied overall.

5.00/5

I strongly recommend SHIP A CAR DIRECT to anyone relocating and needing their car transported. Their service is exemplary. Matt was the representative who assisted me throughout the planning process, and provided excellent customer service. My car was picked up and delivered door to door in excellent condition on time and on the dates that I requested.

5.00/5

Ship a Car Direct made the process of shipping my car out west from the east coast very easy. From getting the quote to communicating with me about the pick up and delivery of the car. I would definitely call on them again if the need arises.

5.00/5

Ship a Car Direct shipped my car from Boston to California in a timely and professional manner. I appreciated their prompt attention, constant communication and clarity in an industry that can be confusing and even a little unethical in my experience. They delivered on all their promises and worked with me to deliver my car earlier than the original delivery date given. I would highly recommend them to others and would also use them again in the future.

5.00/5

I've transported 2 cars and both experiences were very good. Both transport companies that I was assigned were easy to work with, reliable and made an effort to work with my scheduling needs. Ship a Car Direct was very easy to use and Gaby did a great job of keeping me informed. If I need to move another car I will definitely call them again.

5.00/5

We had a military move with Ship a Car Direct. It was the first time I've done it but I was really happy with their system. I just talked with one guy and he was available with phone and email quickly. It was a more expensive than other options but it seemed they made up for that with better service. It's a stressful process on its own and they made it as easy as it could be. It was great overall. It was pretty straightforward and there was good communication. So I would recommend them.