Customer Reviews

4.87/5
based on 749 ratings
Read more reviews
5.00/5

My sister had gotten a car through my stepdad's name when she graduated high school. She decided to get married and move to Colorado where her husband is stationed. They got a new car and decided not to pay for it so to help my mom and my stepdad out, I paid it off and needed it shipped out here to Georgia. I was looking at the reviews and Ship a Car Direct seemed like the best bet and made it as the basis. Especially after I talked with Bruce, he was a lot of help and I really appreciated everything he did to help me out with it. I could call him on his direct number if I had any questions and he was always prompt in getting back to me. He gave me a call a couple of times to let me know what the next steps in the process were so that I was always updated. It was a great customer service experience for me.

The free quote was fine and it wasn't much different from what I ended up paying after. It was great and excellent for the amount of value of what was being shipped. It's not a new car but it was still something that I had to drop $2,000 into so I was really satisfied. I would most certainly recommend Ship a Car Direct and definitely use them again if I needed to have a vehicle shipped.

Ship a Car Direct

Thank you so much for the amazing review, Anni! And you bring up terrific points about what to value when reading online reviews! Happy to stand up to your research!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2015

I cannot say enough good things about my experience with shipping my daughter's car from Los Angeles, CA to Louisville, KY with Ship A Car Direct. The entire process was easy, efficient and flawless. David was invaluable to me, getting everything in order and keeping me informed of what steps were next, every step of the way. The car was picked up within two days of us contacting them, and delivered a day early, in perfect shape for a very reasonable price - $800.

The following is how I made the decision to go with Ship A Car Direct in the first place - and clearly the hardest thing about shipping a car is figuring out how you're going to do it and who you're going to trust to handle it. I first found Ship a Car Direct via Yelp. After reading all the reviews I never researched another company. I went directly with them and was glad I did.

What set them apart was while they had 4 out of 5 stars, upon reading all the reviews I found that Ship a Car Direct responds to and appropriately addresses their reviews - the good, the bad and the ugly, of which there were not many lower star reviews, but they did address any and all problems and fixed them right then and there. They even gave refunds. In more than one instance I didn't even think the complaining person deserved one. This made a huge difference in my decision to go with them.

I realized by using a broker like Ship A Car Direct that I'd have a third party on my side during the process if anything went wrong, and I realized through the reviews that they work very hard to make sure nothing does go wrong. I found in MANY cases the incidence of lower stars was unfounded. The complaints were for small, insignificant things - like the driver didn't speak to them as friendly as they liked. Seriously? You'd deduct a star from the broker because the truck driver didn't speak to you with rainbows and butterflies in their voice? This ain't Nordstrom - you have a trucker bringing your car to you - and it arrived early and in good shape. Be real.

While sometimes things go wrong, or companies do bad things, reviewers also do bad things, are wrong, are unrealistic, unfair, or just plain clueless. Taken into account, and before I even booked with them, I realized they really should have 5 out of 5 stars based on my reading and this is why I selected this company. What mattered to me was the reviews showed the cars arrived, either on time or early, or even a few days later in a couple cases - seriously cross country travel is not an exact science - and they arrived in the same shape they left in.

THAT'S THE GOAL.THAT'S WHAT MATTERS. Not if you did something stupid like stow extra stuff behind the seats to save yourself the shipping cost of personal items when you were told to not do this under any circumstances, and not if a delivery driver didn't speak to you with rainbows and butterflies in his voice. This isn't Nordstrom - it's trucking companies moving your car across many miles of roadways, traffic, bad weather and sometimes unsafe conditions. BE REAL and BE FAIR.

If you want your car handled appropriately, and with another set of eyes and recourse on your side, go with this broker who will make the arrangements for a transport company they know and trust for you as well as follow the ENTIRE process along the way for you. Frankly, I don't think the President of the United States is as informed as we were throughout the process. Amazing customer service.

My daughter's car arrived in perfect shape. It was picked up when and where we needed it picked up, delivered not only a day ahead of time, but a half hour sooner than expected in order to help me with a work schedule issue exactly where we needed to pick it up - talk about great service. The transport truck was new, clean and in good shape and it held other high end cars on it as well - and they all looked perfect, too. The driver, Bobby, was positive, enthusiastic, kind, considerate, concerned about a schedule snafu I had, professional and very efficient.

We could not have been happier with a situation that can be filled with pitfalls over one of your most important and costly possessions. I have zero affiliation with this company, I'm the founder of a 15 year old non-profit who helps women through surgery all over the world, so I had no experience with this and was really worried about how to do this until I found them. I would give Ship A Car Direct 20 stars if I could. A million billion thank you's. I'd use them again in a heartbeat. Attached is a pic of my happy daughter in her car and the nice transport truck the car came across country on - perfect experience!

5.00/5

I used Ship-a-Car-Direct to ship our Chevrolet to my son in Santa Monica, CA, and have used them several times previously for shipments between NY and CA. As before, the experience was excellent. They respond with a quote very quickly, make arranging the shipment easy, the shippers have always been reliable, and the pricing has been competitive and never any discrepancies between the initial quote and the pricing on delivery. Their communication is excellent, they provide helpful information and videos and stay in touch throughout to make sure pick-up and delivery are on time and without damage. These people are complete professionals.

5.00/5

After checking several car shopping companies, we went with Ship a Car Direct. From the very beginning, they treated us with professionalism and courtesy, and did an excellent job communicating with us before, during, and after the shipment. I'm not sure that we'll ever need to ship a car again, but, if so, this is who we'll contact first. Very good experience.

5.00/5

I was extremely pleased with the service and personal touch I received from John and his team at Ship a Car Direct. I shipped my new Lexus from California to Florida and it arrived early and without a scratch. Their damage app was a very useful tool in documenting the vehicle before the pickup and after the delivery. The communications and their information on what to expect was very helpful.

5.00/5

We were shipping my mother’s car up from Florida because she was moving to New Jersey. I did some research online and in the two websites I went to, Ship a Car Direct was rated very high. And, to me, it was more important in finding a company that was reliable and dependable. The price of Ship a Car Direct was a little bit higher compared to others, but I wanted to have more peace of mind. So in the end, I decided to go with Ship a Car Direct and most of my interactions with them were done online. They came a day later than they had quoted us at. But that didn't affect anything and I was very satisfied with them. If I had to do it again, I’d choose them.

5.00/5

Needed a vehicle shipped from East Coast to Texas. I googled, found Ship a Car Direct. Read the reviews, called, spoke with Representative for more details and reassurance. They stayed in constant contact beginning to final delivery. Happy.

5.00/5

We shipped 2 cars from the Boston area to California. The experience with Ship a Car Direct was very positive from the first phone call to the cars' delivery. John was patient. He answered all my questions, was always prompt to get back to me and the price was competitive. I will used them again.

5.00/5

We moved from New York State to Vero Beach and needed our other car transported as we couldn't drive both cars down. Ship a Car Direct has good ratings so we went with them. It took a couple of days to get our vehicle and we were very pleased with the transport of the car. The driver was excellent and was very accommodating. Everything was fine and we had a good experience. We'd recommend them and if we ever had to use them again, we would.

5.00/5

I had my vintage Mercedes shipped from Oregon to California. These guys were helpful every step of the way. The carrier they hooked me up with was also courteous and professional. The car was picked up a little early which was great for me and dropped off right on time in perfect condition. I would definitely use them again.

5.00/5

My entire experience with Ship a Car Direct was very painless and smooth. John found a transport quickly. The driver was punctual to within a few minutes from when he said he would both pick up and deliver the car. And the Driver kept me informed of his progress up the east coast with the car. Great service overall.

5.00/5

Ship a Car Direct staff are very professional, very efficient. They update you frequently, from looking for a carrier to finding one to pick up and delivery dates. They're also very prompt in replying to your questions either by phone or by email. I also like it that whatever the quote, that's all you're going to pay. No hidden or additional charges. I left it all to them in transporting my CRV. Even in the choice of carrier, they chose a professional one. I would certainly use their services again.

5.00/5

Ship a Car I think is one of the last honest Companies out there for cross country car transport! Everything they said They did! They're actually friendly! The car was transported cross country and even arrived two days early! I've moved other cars across country, this company takes Top spot...

5.00/5

Having Ship a Car Direct as my broker to ship my car cross-country (Connecticut to California) was very helpful given my very tight work schedule. My representative was very responsive and helped secure a pick-up date within a 5 day window. The broker remained in touch with me even after I secured a carrier. My car carrier, Unified Auto Trans, was very professional -- arrived on time, picked-up my car at a nearby parking lot, provided the direct cell number of the driver, delivered my car early but within the expected time period, and delivered my car to my door at a residential area. My car arrived in good shape. I will recommend Ship a Car Direct to my friends who wish to ship their cars cross-country!

5.00/5

We recently shipped a car from San Diego to So. Florida and the Ship a Car Direct people were great to work with. Easy to reach and very responsive. They walk you through the entire process and provide helpful videos to understand each step. They also have a great App for documenting the condition of your car prior to pickup. The carrier they selected showed up on the scheduled date/time and delivered the car within one day of our request. We will use them when we ship our other car later this year.

5.00/5

My experience with these people was excellent. Customer service is 24/7 available and the set up for transportation of the vehicle was really straightforward. They remained within the price quoted and there were no surprises at the end. Pay the transporter and get your car, as easy as 1,2,3.

5.00/5

Their service was fantastic and they provided a quality car delivery at a fraction of the cost it would have been if I dealt directly with a car transporter. I would highly recommend using this service for all your car transport needs.

5.00/5

I am very pleased with the service I got from this company. I gave short notice (less than a week) on my move from Minnesota to NYC and they were able to ship my car on the day I had anticipated. My car arrived in good condition a day earlier than anticipated. I will be using them on future car shipments.

5.00/5

I am writing to share about my Colorado to Arizona car shipment experience with Ship-A-Car Direct! This was the first time I've ever shipped a car before, I had no idea where to start, my first online searches had me quite nervous because there were so many horror stories that people shared about their cars being damaged, etc. Then I came across ship-a-car direct. What a great company, they were beyond helpful, from my very first phone call. I spoke with Jon who was very willing to take the time to answer all of my questions, and I had many! Transparency and integrity are the top descriptions I'd use for this company. Everything went perfectly with the shipment from the pick up to the drop off! Was definitely a great experience! I will use this company again for sure in the future! Thanks very much!

5.00/5

I was very satisfied. The pricing was the best of all of the quotes I received. The car was picked up timely. I worked with the driver and got the car delivered early at a time that worked for me. Communication was excellent as well. Would use their service again.

5.00/5

I read countless reviews of all different shipping companies. Called dozens of places just to get a feel for the customer service on the other side. Ship a Car Direct knows how to run a business. They answer every call, email and question. They book a driver within your window and your car shows up in perfect shape in the window you agreed upon- most importantly, for the price you agreed on! We had an outstanding experience and will use them again in the future. Our driver was wonderful. They even update you along the way. Finding auto transportation was so stressful for me while we were also packing and selling our home to move across the country. This does not need to be difficult. Book with them and know it will work out perfectly. Amazing customer service team who stick to their word.

5.00/5

We were relocating and I got online quotes from auto transport companies and they were all over the place. I got a $700 quote but I couldn't decide whether it was legit or if I was paying somebody to steal my car. Then I got to talk to somebody from Ship a Car Direct and as opposed to trying to find someone online and getting something automated, it was more personal. I went with the fact that the person I spoke to was so down to earth and seemed so normal. That helped and all my questions were answered too. There was no sales pitch either. It was like whatever I decide, and there was no pressure. When the driver was close, he called me to arrange the pickup. That was nice and it worked. Everything about it was flawless so I appreciated it. Overall, the experience felt just like a neighbor doing a favor for you. It was very nice and very personal.

5.00/5

I was very well satisfied with service from Ship a Car Direct in finding a reliable carrier that ensured on-time pickup/delivery from coast to coast. Also information provided from Ship a Car Direct was helpful.

5.00/5

This is the second time I have used Ship A Car Direct to ship my SUV from one coast to the other. Each time it arrive earlier than scheduled in great condition. Competitive prices. Reliable service. I recommend them highly!

5.00/5

The quote Ship a Car Direct gave me was fair. It was $20 and $30 lower than the other. I used the online quote calculator and it seemed right in line with the quotes of everyone so I relied on reviews to take that price. I and the rep went back and forth on email seven times and he was very friendly, helpful and responsive. The service was excellent. Overall, my experience with them was straightforward and it worked out great.

5.00/5

We would recommend this company. Everything went as planned. John our sales contact explained how it all worked and when I called back several times with more question, he was very prompt to get back to me. The 2 cars we shipped from Illinois to Oregon were picked up and dropped off in the window of times we planned.

5.00/5

I wanted to have somebody help ship my car because I moved from Irving, Texas to Fremont, California. I was looking on Google and found several transport companies. Ship a Car Direct had a higher rating on Yelp and ConsumerAffairs, as well as on Google Reviews itself. I sent Ship a Car Direct an email to request a quotation and there was a prompt response. The customer service person called to talk with me and walked me through the process. He said that they had trailers and they don’t have their own trucks. He was very open in sharing all the information with me. He also told me that the transport was not gonna be two weeks in advance. It's gonna be a couple of days right before their shipping is scheduled. He knew the dates and was very helpful throughout the process. They also informed me about taking the photos before and after the car is taken and delivered. So, it was very helpful.

The person who came to pick up my car was also very nice. She walked me through the whole thing and everything worked out well. I was really very surprised as this is the first time I transported something and it worked out extremely well. Everything was scheduled and I was informed all the way through. I would definitely recommend Ship a Car Direct. They are great.

5.00/5

This was the easiest, smoothest car shipment I've ever done. I loved the tech-friendly Ship-A-Car-Direct service, including the helpful videos and the app for before-and-after photos in case of damage -- although there wasn't so much as an extra scratch on the Subaru I shipped from L.A. to Pittsburgh. On time pickup, on time delivery, perfect condition, zero hassle. What's not to love?

Ship a Car Direct

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your positive experience, Deryna! Glad to hear you are satisfied with the performance of our service!

Original review: July 3, 2017

I'm relocating to Ohio and my husband is already there and he needed his car. So, I looked for reviews online and Ship a Car Direct had the best ones. I got a quote online and they called me back with a more specific quote, which was a bit higher but in the end, it stayed, unlike other shipping companies where they tell you a low quote and when someone takes the job, the quote goes to $200 more. Ship a Car Direct was reasonable and the quote that they gave me was what I paid. I like that I didn't have any surprise expenses. Their customer service rep was great and our interaction was good and smooth. I prepaid directly to the carrier's bank and my husband checked the vehicle upon delivery and everything was perfect with the car. It was our first time shipping a car and it was a good experience. Now, I'm going and I have to send my car so I'm using them again this month.

5.00/5

My husband and I moved from California to Iowa and we needed to ship our two vehicles to Iowa ahead of our arrival. I looked at many transport companies and the two things that pushed me toward Ship a Car Direct were its good ratings from the ConsumerAffairs and the Better Business Bureau and they had a very sharp salesperson on the end of the line named Scott. I had a quote from many different places, but the quote from Ship a Car Direct was the most competitive. I was a little worried about it because if it was the least expensive, they may cut corners. But they didn't. They gave us the timeline, and they met that timeline. Also, they had very good customer service and would contact us along the way. So, we were always aware of timelines and what was gonna happen. Also, our driver, Miro, was excellent and he called us a day in advance. It all went well and we're very satisfied.