Customer Reviews

4.84/5
based on 653 ratings
Read more reviews
5.00/5

The car was going cross-country and we had to base our decision on which auto transport company to go with on the conversations that we had with people in the industry. We used Ship a Car Direct for two reasons: first, they were one of the recommendations that I received when I reached out to my friends on this matter and they said that they had used this company before, and second, the Ship a Car Direct reps were very clear and direct when we spoke with them. It was great communication with them from minute one and they made things simple and easy. We felt comfortable going with them.

I relied on the person that we contacted at Ship a Car Direct for a quote, and I was able to get a quote without committing to anything. He gave us a general quote based on the time frame and the distance, and it was marketable. Based on other quotes I had received and what my friends were saying, I knew where I was in the ballpark.

We got to meet the transport driver when he called us with enough time, and we set a meeting place that was convenient, just 20 minutes from our home, and he met us at the time that he stated. He inspected the car and was very pleasant and quick, then he took the car, and we were on our way within 10 minutes. The driver had assured us that the car would get to the destination on time, and it did. The auto transport went smoothly. The whole shipment, from the first phone call until the delivery of the car, took 10 days in all. It was an excellent experience. Overall, they were reliable and pleasant, and we were confident that the car would get there in one piece and on time.

5.00/5

We were moving in the middle of winter and didn't want to drive our cars so I shipped them thru Ship a Car Direct. I had called about four different companies and the rep at Ship a Car Direct was by far the clearest and the most personable. He seemed straightforward and genuine. I ended up feeling more confident because I heard more and understood more with the rep so I chose Ship a Car Direct. I was so reluctant and so scared and I'm not an easy customer, but I felt that I was in good hands from the beginning to the end with them. I felt that they were responsive when we had questions.

The driver was also fabulous and couldn’t have been nicer. I've never seen anyone drive a vehicle that big which was bigger than the ones one sees with brand-new cars. He must have been exhausted, but he was so kind and so helpful. It was dark when we picked up our cars so we needed a few days to sit with it, look around it, experience it in the daylight, and make sure everything was okay. And both were absolutely fine and nothing was wrong with either car. It also meant a lot to us that we could ship some things in our car. That's a dicey thing and sometimes it's up to the driver if one can add weight, but we really appreciated that we were able to do that.

Ship a Car Direct

Thank you so much for the amazing review, Anni! And you bring up terrific points about what to value when reading online reviews! Happy to stand up to your research!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2015

I cannot say enough good things about my experience with shipping my daughter's car from Los Angeles, CA to Louisville, KY with Ship A Car Direct. The entire process was easy, efficient and flawless. David was invaluable to me, getting everything in order and keeping me informed of what steps were next, every step of the way. The car was picked up within two days of us contacting them, and delivered a day early, in perfect shape for a very reasonable price - $800.

The following is how I made the decision to go with Ship A Car Direct in the first place - and clearly the hardest thing about shipping a car is figuring out how you're going to do it and who you're going to trust to handle it. I first found Ship a Car Direct via Yelp. After reading all the reviews I never researched another company. I went directly with them and was glad I did.

What set them apart was while they had 4 out of 5 stars, upon reading all the reviews I found that Ship a Car Direct responds to and appropriately addresses their reviews - the good, the bad and the ugly, of which there were not many lower star reviews, but they did address any and all problems and fixed them right then and there. They even gave refunds. In more than one instance I didn't even think the complaining person deserved one. This made a huge difference in my decision to go with them.

I realized by using a broker like Ship A Car Direct that I'd have a third party on my side during the process if anything went wrong, and I realized through the reviews that they work very hard to make sure nothing does go wrong. I found in MANY cases the incidence of lower stars was unfounded. The complaints were for small, insignificant things - like the driver didn't speak to them as friendly as they liked. Seriously? You'd deduct a star from the broker because the truck driver didn't speak to you with rainbows and butterflies in their voice? This ain't Nordstrom - you have a trucker bringing your car to you - and it arrived early and in good shape. Be real.

While sometimes things go wrong, or companies do bad things, reviewers also do bad things, are wrong, are unrealistic, unfair, or just plain clueless. Taken into account, and before I even booked with them, I realized they really should have 5 out of 5 stars based on my reading and this is why I selected this company. What mattered to me was the reviews showed the cars arrived, either on time or early, or even a few days later in a couple cases - seriously cross country travel is not an exact science - and they arrived in the same shape they left in.

THAT'S THE GOAL.THAT'S WHAT MATTERS. Not if you did something stupid like stow extra stuff behind the seats to save yourself the shipping cost of personal items when you were told to not do this under any circumstances, and not if a delivery driver didn't speak to you with rainbows and butterflies in his voice. This isn't Nordstrom - it's trucking companies moving your car across many miles of roadways, traffic, bad weather and sometimes unsafe conditions. BE REAL and BE FAIR.

If you want your car handled appropriately, and with another set of eyes and recourse on your side, go with this broker who will make the arrangements for a transport company they know and trust for you as well as follow the ENTIRE process along the way for you. Frankly, I don't think the President of the United States is as informed as we were throughout the process. Amazing customer service.

My daughter's car arrived in perfect shape. It was picked up when and where we needed it picked up, delivered not only a day ahead of time, but a half hour sooner than expected in order to help me with a work schedule issue exactly where we needed to pick it up - talk about great service. The transport truck was new, clean and in good shape and it held other high end cars on it as well - and they all looked perfect, too. The driver, Bobby, was positive, enthusiastic, kind, considerate, concerned about a schedule snafu I had, professional and very efficient.

We could not have been happier with a situation that can be filled with pitfalls over one of your most important and costly possessions. I have zero affiliation with this company, I'm the founder of a 15 year old non-profit who helps women through surgery all over the world, so I had no experience with this and was really worried about how to do this until I found them. I would give Ship A Car Direct 20 stars if I could. A million billion thank you's. I'd use them again in a heartbeat. Attached is a pic of my happy daughter in her car and the nice transport truck the car came across country on - perfect experience!

5.00/5

I had the most pleasant experience shipping my car from Texas to New York with this company. They demonstrated care and concern from start to delivery! All were courteous and respectful and honest. I will recommend this company without hesitation. Thank you Eve and everyone else.

5.00/5

Ship a Car Direct performed the way I wish all providers would, with care, honesty and exactly the way they promised. I was kept informed of each change of status from initiation of the order to delivery. Mr. **, our driver, was in contact with me from just before pick up and at key points prior to delivery. He exercised extreme care with my car and it arrived in perfect condition. Couldn't be more satisfied.

5.00/5

Very professional company from the initial contact to the end. My vehicle was picked up on time and after I was kept in constant communication as to the arrival date in Georgia. I recommend this company for their auto transport needs.

5.00/5

Shipping 2009 Lexus from MI to CA - We had a very smooth transaction with Shipacardirect.com. John helped us and kept in touch with us every step of the way till the delivery and made sure there were no issues. He was also available after hours and responded to all our questions. We felt very comfortable sending our car and we would do it again in future.

5.00/5

This was not the first time using Ship a Car Direct. We worked with Angela to ship our 2010 Camaro and it went flawlessly. We decided to use Angela again for the shipment of our 2014 Kia Forte. Pickup was on time and without hassle. Arrival at destination went without a hitch. We would use Ship A Car Direct again.

5.00/5

This is the second time I used Ship A Car Direct. The site was very easy to use to place my order. I received carrier confirmation within 5 days of placing my order. Excellent communication throughout the whole process via timely emails and text messages. The driver was excellent and delivered the car ahead of schedule. I appreciate the follow-up call and email after delivery of my car. If I have to ship another vehicle, I will definitely use Ship A Car Direct.

5.00/5

Working with Ship a Car Direct was easy and hassle-free. They did an excellent job of explaining the process and answering my questions. Then, they connected me to a trucker who was courteous and reliable. He showed up to pick up and deliver my car on time, always calling in advance. In a nutshell, Ship a Car Direct delivers!

5.00/5

From start to finish my experience with Ship A Car Direct was outstanding. Staff provided excellent information, arranged a carrier who pick up the car on time, transported it and delivered in great condition on time. Well done.

5.00/5

Kosta handled my shipment and did a fantastic job. He took care of the few issues that arose with the shipper and inspired confidence in the process. This was a shipment that went from coast to coast. It was also the first time I have shipped a vehicle.

5.00/5

This was our first attempt at shipping a car and with Scott's direction and assistance. It went very smoothly from pick up in Florida to delivery in Connecticut. It was arrived in perfect condition and we will not hesitate to use their service again, should the need ever arise. Thank you.

5.00/5

I was relocating from California to Washington. I found some good reviews about Ship a Car Direct and the quote I got was pretty competitive. Their customer service communicated at every stage which was a good thing. They kept me posted about the progress and that has helped. I blocked at the very last so it was pretty helpful for me that they could help me in the next 48 hours because I did not get the service from the one where we block from. I called them very late and they were responsive. The driver kept me posted, too. They took my car and delivered in 3 days and my vehicle condition was in the original form. Overall, the experience was very good and seamless.

5.00/5

Great service. Angela was very helpful with our first auto shipment. Great price for a peace of mind. She set us up with All Around Transport and you couldn't ask for a better transport company. The car was picked up on time and delivered the next day 800 miles away.

5.00/5

This is the second time I have used Ship A Car Direct to transport a car. Both times they did a great job arranging the pick-up within the designated timeframe and then delivering the car in perfect condition to the destination. I'm a happy customer!

5.00/5

Their quote was reasonable. I thought I'd give Ship a Car Direct a try after seeing good reviews about them. I was relocating due to my job and the move was more than 3,000 miles away. The interactions with their representative were quite good. They were updating me periodically. My car arrived on Monday. I identified the courier and I had all the questions regarding the insurance and they answered everything. After that, they asked about whether I got the car. The follow up was there even after the car was picked up. On the whole, I was happy with the service provided by Ship a Car Direct.

5.00/5

The vehicle was purchased from one location and needed to be brought to where I was at, which is roughly 600 miles. I'd used Ship a Car Direct in the past and everything went well so I used them again. They are faster than the other people estimated. I got a fair quote and everything went great. There were no hiccups, delays, or surprising hidden fees, and everything went as scheduled. The level of service provided was a hundred percent and professional.

5.00/5

I contacted John at Ship a Car Direct on Mon., April 3rd, to request a car transport. The car was picked up that same afternoon and delivered in Southern CA Wed morning. The car was in the same condition as when it left WA state and we could not be happier with the speedy turnaround. Great service - better than I imagined. Will recommend you guys to everyone who needs a car transported. Thanks again!

5.00/5

There was a training job for me and I had to move my car from Illinois to Mississippi, so I reached out to Ship a Car Direct. They phoned and I asked them the date and then I gave a window of the date I'd like to get the vehicle. They had already done the first and so I was really happy. When I took the quote, I gave them update as to my apartment and that time, they already picked up the car and moved to a hotel a couple of miles away but still the quote remained the same and they did everything smoothly. They delivered the car the day before the promised date and the experience had been awesome.

5.00/5

I had a collector car that needed to be transported from my Michigan home to my California home. I found Ship a Car Direct on Google and they had good ratings. Their price was also the best for an enclosed trailer and they could ship the car immediately. They called and emailed me and everything went fine. They were very communicative without any problems. I have absolutely no complaints. Overall, it was a good experience. They provided excellent service. I'll use them again.

5.00/5

I purchased a vehicle in Iowa and I live in Massachusetts. I was leery about doing the shipping. I wanted to make sure I was with a reliable broker so I checked out some guys on BBB and their names didn’t show up as accredited and Ship a Car Direct did. They gave me a fair quote and their rep explained that they get a carrier that they’re familiar with that has a good record and has the adequate insurance. They’ve been in business for a number of years so I figured that they would have more experience dealing with these carriers and they have a good rating as well so I went with them. Within two days, their rep called me and told me he had a carrier and that my car will be picked up Friday. It got picked up Saturday, but it got here in the time that they had promised. So I was very satisfied because my main concern was to get my car here in once piece, no scratches and in good shape, and it was. They did a good job and the carrier was good.

5.00/5

Thanks for the wonderful service in delivering my car from Wake Forest North Carolina to Los Gatos California a few weeks ago. The car was picked up right on time and delivered one day early. The driver was a super nice guy and there were no problems with the car or the delivery.

5.00/5

My son was moving his car back from school so I looked for a transport company and found Ship a Car Direct from ConsumerAffairs.com. I also called another company that was highly recommended but they made me extremely uncomfortable. I felt like I was trapped with them. But as for Ship a Car, they were low pressure and I didn't have to sign something. Like if I got another bid from someone else that was lower, I could cancel. Also, the guy that I dealt with was really good. He gave me a quote and said he could do it. It came in higher but they cut their commission to honor their quote to me. The driver was good, as well. The car was picked up from Philadelphia during a snowstorm on a Thursday morning and the car was delivered in California on Monday.

5.00/5

My son went to study in the East area and we had to send his car. When we got the quote from Ship a Car Direct, the numbers were higher than what I was expecting now that I had another quote on hand. I've never done this before, so I didn't know how it was. But it was really good that I was able to call them, and they sent an email and the agent's name. I was able to contact him and told him my budget. And then he explained the different alternatives that I have. He really worked it out with us and we were able to do it.

5.00/5

I was getting transferred to another job from Arkansas to California and I just bought my Chevrolet Camaro about six months before moving. I wanted it to be shipped over to California so I was looking for a company. This was my second time I was doing this but I forgot the name of the first shipping company and they were good. I did some research and came across Ship a Car Direct. I found out they're also good, so I went for it. I got a quote and it was accurate. I found it a little expensive but my company covered the cost so I was fine with it. The service was also excellent so I have nothing to complain about.

I went to Ship a Car Direct's website and then I found their small video clips on there, which answered most of the questions. For the rest of the questions, I used to call Carl who's running the company right here. Even via email they were responsive, too. The carrier driver was a nice guy as well. Although the delivery was done a little later, he was still on time because he gave it a range of two days. He came on the second day because the weather was not good. He also told me straightaway about the extra charge that will be occurring to me because I have put with my luggage inside my car. Then, there was no scratch on my car and that's the best thing I could get.

5.00/5

I had moved from Michigan to Massachusetts and because my vehicle is a rear-wheel drive, I could not drive it all the way from Michigan during winter, so I had to ship it and I was more comfortable with having it shipped. But after a prior experience of moving my furniture and the company that finally did it literally damaged pretty much everything I had, I decided to be a little more careful with who I picked. So I got on to ConsumerAffairs for all the reviews of companies that are moving vehicles and then I went with Ship a Car Direct.

I had also placed a bid on You Move where one can list their ad and all moving companies place their bid for shipping the vehicle so I had a general idea about how much it would cost me to ship my vehicle. The ability to obtain a price range independently definitely made a big impact because I didn't have people calling me repeatedly and asking me for details, which was good because of my work schedule. All I had to do was provide them with vehicle information and ask them for a quote and that was good. Given that I gave a very short timeframe for Ship a Car Direct to find someone, I was happy with the quote they gave me and it was reasonable compared to the other ones I had spoken with earlier.

My interactions with the customer service rep have been straightforward. It was easier to get in touch with them through phone but usually I prefer emailing so it was a little difficult to get in touch with them. But if I would call, I would always have someone help me out. It was extremely good and I never expected that it would be very easy working with them because of my terrible experience from the past. It's been a hassle-free experience and I would definitely recommend them.

5.00/5

We were moving from San Francisco to Florida and got Ship a Car Direct to transport our vehicle. I requested a quote and they called back and gave me the information. They were very knowledgeable and sounded like they had done the same thing many times. Their pricing's fair, too. I gave them a window, Monday to Thursday, wherein they can come and pick the car up. I didn't hear anything by Monday morning but by noon, I'd gotten an email or phone call saying, "We'll be there in an hour and a half." So, it was a bit more rushed. But I called the transport guy and he was able to be there later so I could work around my work schedule. He was really helpful and very nice about the whole thing, too. It all worked out well. It was the first time I'd ever shipped a car and I was very happy with the service that both Ship a Car Direct and the transport guy provided to us. They were all very patient.

Ship a Car Direct

Thank you for your positive review, Bob! We are glad to hear that you are happy with our service. Call us if there is anything we can help you with!

Original review: March 14, 2017

I had a great experience shipping my car from the West Coast. Eric provided great service, explained the advantages of using Ship a Car Direct and the price was competitive with other companies. I'd use them again.

5.00/5

I recommend Ship a Car Direct to anyone wishing to obtain a fair price for getting a car moved safely and in a reasonable timeframe. This was a positive experience in having my car shipped across country so I thought I should provide an excellent rating as I would use this company again. I had my Ford shipped from Calif to Texas. The transport company arranged by Ship a Car Direct was in constant contact at time of pick up to delivery to our new home in Texas. Ship a Car Direct was also in constant contact by phone and email providing status of our order. Communication by all involved was first class. My car arrived in great condition other than dust and dirt build up which was expected with an uncovered transport truck. Thank you Ship a Car Direct for the painless and worry free experience of moving our vehicle to Texas - Blessings to your staff.