Customer Reviews

4.86/5
based on 808 ratings
Read more reviews
5.00/5

This was my first time transporting a vehicle. The transport was from Kingston, Washington to Lady Lake, Florida. I would use ShipACarDirect again and recommend them to others. Having established, trusted, bonded, and insured carriers made me feel comfortable. Guaranteeing to cover any damage that the carrier would not, was also a selling point for me. ShipACarDirect was in constant contact with me by email. They provided me with their phone numbers. Also, ShipACarDirect put me in direct contact with the car carrier. Their carriers do the entire transport. They do not pass the cars from carrier to carrier. Rudy's Transport was the carrier. My car was loaded and stayed on Rudy's carrier for the entire 3,000 miles. The car was delivered without damage and was taken to a car wash first.

5.00/5

I was giving a car to my sister-in-law in Manassas, Virginia to help her out. A friend had a good experience with Ship a Car Direct and recommended it so I called them on a Tuesday and they picked it up three days later here in California. Then it was delivered cross country the following Wednesday. They called and emailed me when they shortened the amount of time and I was lucky that it was completed within eight days from the initial call to deliver. Ship a Car Direct had good communication, good follow-up, and great service. I'll do it again next time I have to ship her another car.

Ship a Car Direct

Thank you so much for the amazing review, Anni! And you bring up terrific points about what to value when reading online reviews! Happy to stand up to your research!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2015

I cannot say enough good things about my experience with shipping my daughter's car from Los Angeles, CA to Louisville, KY with Ship A Car Direct. The entire process was easy, efficient and flawless. David was invaluable to me, getting everything in order and keeping me informed of what steps were next, every step of the way. The car was picked up within two days of us contacting them, and delivered a day early, in perfect shape for a very reasonable price - $800.

The following is how I made the decision to go with Ship A Car Direct in the first place - and clearly the hardest thing about shipping a car is figuring out how you're going to do it and who you're going to trust to handle it. I first found Ship a Car Direct via Yelp. After reading all the reviews I never researched another company. I went directly with them and was glad I did.

What set them apart was while they had 4 out of 5 stars, upon reading all the reviews I found that Ship a Car Direct responds to and appropriately addresses their reviews - the good, the bad and the ugly, of which there were not many lower star reviews, but they did address any and all problems and fixed them right then and there. They even gave refunds. In more than one instance I didn't even think the complaining person deserved one. This made a huge difference in my decision to go with them.

I realized by using a broker like Ship A Car Direct that I'd have a third party on my side during the process if anything went wrong, and I realized through the reviews that they work very hard to make sure nothing does go wrong. I found in MANY cases the incidence of lower stars was unfounded. The complaints were for small, insignificant things - like the driver didn't speak to them as friendly as they liked. Seriously? You'd deduct a star from the broker because the truck driver didn't speak to you with rainbows and butterflies in their voice? This ain't Nordstrom - you have a trucker bringing your car to you - and it arrived early and in good shape. Be real.

While sometimes things go wrong, or companies do bad things, reviewers also do bad things, are wrong, are unrealistic, unfair, or just plain clueless. Taken into account, and before I even booked with them, I realized they really should have 5 out of 5 stars based on my reading and this is why I selected this company. What mattered to me was the reviews showed the cars arrived, either on time or early, or even a few days later in a couple cases - seriously cross country travel is not an exact science - and they arrived in the same shape they left in.

THAT'S THE GOAL.THAT'S WHAT MATTERS. Not if you did something stupid like stow extra stuff behind the seats to save yourself the shipping cost of personal items when you were told to not do this under any circumstances, and not if a delivery driver didn't speak to you with rainbows and butterflies in his voice. This isn't Nordstrom - it's trucking companies moving your car across many miles of roadways, traffic, bad weather and sometimes unsafe conditions. BE REAL and BE FAIR.

If you want your car handled appropriately, and with another set of eyes and recourse on your side, go with this broker who will make the arrangements for a transport company they know and trust for you as well as follow the ENTIRE process along the way for you. Frankly, I don't think the President of the United States is as informed as we were throughout the process. Amazing customer service.

My daughter's car arrived in perfect shape. It was picked up when and where we needed it picked up, delivered not only a day ahead of time, but a half hour sooner than expected in order to help me with a work schedule issue exactly where we needed to pick it up - talk about great service. The transport truck was new, clean and in good shape and it held other high end cars on it as well - and they all looked perfect, too. The driver, Bobby, was positive, enthusiastic, kind, considerate, concerned about a schedule snafu I had, professional and very efficient.

We could not have been happier with a situation that can be filled with pitfalls over one of your most important and costly possessions. I have zero affiliation with this company, I'm the founder of a 15 year old non-profit who helps women through surgery all over the world, so I had no experience with this and was really worried about how to do this until I found them. I would give Ship A Car Direct 20 stars if I could. A million billion thank you's. I'd use them again in a heartbeat. Attached is a pic of my happy daughter in her car and the nice transport truck the car came across country on - perfect experience!

5.00/5

Ship a Car Direct. When relocating the pressure associated with a move is bad enough without any additional unnecessary problems. It is a Godsend to do business with a company that actually performs and does what it says it will do. Ship a Car Direct is that company. With the assistance of our Sales Rep John, we were able to have our car picked up, shipped and delivered as we initially agreed upon, with no misrepresentation, or hiccups through the entire process.

5.00/5

Jennifer customer service was awesome! She was patient, answered all my questions and kept me informed and up to date. Vinnie the driver did a good job as delivery was a few days early and my Nissan Maxima arrived in good condition! I definitely recommend Ship a Car Direct and would use them again!

5.00/5

It was an easy experience shipping my car to Pittsburgh through Ship a Car Direct. I chose them over others for their price and reviews, and they have been great, especially the shipping company.

5.00/5

Angela supported me through the process and she was extremely helpful and very professional. I selected Ship a Car based on web reviews, so I had "buyer beware" syndrome. She put me at ease, and my vintage '73 Triumph TR6 was shipped on time, delivered early and was in perfect condition. I highly recommended Ship a Car Direct.

5.00/5

I used Ship a Car Direct to move a car from Las Vegas, NV to Albany, NY. I found their pricing to be competitive and their service was excellent. Absolutely no problems. Their driver picked up the car when they said they would and delivered it the same way. They were able to move the car across the country in less than one week and the car was received in the same condition it was shipped.

5.00/5

I'm a medical student. My car has been in the North East for a while and I needed my car shipped as I was moving back to Texas. I did a lot of search and reviews and Ship a Car Direct had a good history so I went with them. I got a lower quote from somebody else but Ship a Car was willing to match it so it was a good experience. Their rep, Jenifer, was awesome and good with keeping in contact. She was easy to get ahold of and if she gets anything, she always made sure to call back within half an hour or so. There were no disappointments and only great expectations in the level of service they provided. I highly recommend them.

5.00/5

I was moving and picked Ship a Car off the internet. The reps were very helpful, informative and awesome. The quote I got was very good, and the price I paid was about the same as the quote. Their level of service was excellent too.

5.00/5

I needed to ship a vehicle from Detroit to Denver. The quote I got from Ship a Car Direct was high but I felt better that they would deliver. The representative I dealt with was excellent, friendly, prompt and efficient. The driver was especially good, patient, and on time. It has been an excellent experience.

5.00/5

Ship a Car Direct held my hand all the way through the process of shipping my car across country. They did very well anticipating every concern I would have as a newbie to this type of service and I never felt left out of the loop. I also appreciate that there were no hidden cost. I say just stop your search and use these guys. They are reasonable in every possible way!

5.00/5

From the beginning of looking for a automotive transportation company, I conducted a lot of research and found that Ship a Car Direct was far more competent and informative than the others. From the moment I talked with John, I was informed and knew exactly how things were going. I would highly recommend this company!

5.00/5

I needed a car moved from Massachusetts to Florida. I really had no timeframe. I started the process 2 1/2 months before I needed the car. I got tons of emails and texts from companies. I narrowed it down to Ship a Car Direct based on other reviews. All I wanted was the car here with no damage. They sent me helpful videos on how to get the car ready, what needed to be done as far as the process (taking pictures with their time dated app etc...). I got emails and phone calls updating me on what was happening with the shipping. The first shipping company backed out, I got called right away. They put me back in the queue. It took some time but I also don't live in a high traffic part of Florida. The car, once picked up, arrived within 48 hours. The driver was great! Very courteous, called the night before and the morning of delivery. Car was exactly how it got put on the truck. I was very happy with the whole experience.

5.00/5

From the beginning, when I received my quote and was in communication with John, at Ship A Car Direct, to utilizing the app for photo documentation of the exact condition of my Mini, to having it dropped off across the country in great condition - I was assured all along the way of the status and timing. My questions were answered promptly and I was able to call the driver, RB, while he was en route. Great company!

5.00/5

Having never shipped a car previously, we were concerned about how it all worked and whether it would be a hassle. Ship a Car Direct immediately lined up our carrier. Pick up was seamless and every inch of the car was inspected and noted. We had a hiccup when the delivery driver needed to deliver it a day before we could accept it, but the company (Julie) worked the issue through quite easily and the resolution worked perfectly. Have another car to ship in a month and we will definitely use Ship A Car Direct again.

5.00/5

We were moving from Seattle to North Carolina and we needed to ship our personal car. Ship a Car Direct had the best price and their salesperson was helpful and very clear with the process. I called them and he explained that they would try to get somebody to pick it up at our agreed price. And if they didn't, they would offer a little bit more and split the difference with me.

The driver was super helpful, too. We had arranged to drop the car off at a dealership because they didn't have anybody who was going to be flexible when we were setting up the pickup. We called him on the day of the pickup and he was staying at a hotel closer to where we were staying so we could just bring it over at his location early. He made contacts several times during the trip.

The company was very good and proactive about keeping us informed about what the next steps were and all the way through the process. The car was picked up on the 22nd and then it was delivered like nine days later. It was done on time and the person who shipped it was also very proactive. When he noticed that our grill was loose, he secured it and tightened it for us to make sure that there wasn't any damage on the trip. It was an excellent experience, great communication, and the people that I dealt with were very professional.

5.00/5

My daughter will attend the PhD program in Indiana and she needs a car. I found Ship A Car Direct from the Consumer Affairs website and also, my friend said it's very good. Within one week, they sent me all the things, the rules, and the procedures but not the final people who would ship my car so I was worried because we will be going with the car the same day. But it all worked out in the end, and the service was excellent. If I was worried about anything, I could go online and talk with the representative.

They're very helpful and tried to calm me down because I had the quote two weeks early and in the final two days, the price changed. We paid $200 higher than what they quoted. Eventually, they reduced it and gave me some of my money back. They paid half, and I paid half. I would recommend them because they're a trustable company. They really want to serve people and not only take their money.

5.00/5

I got a good reference from my friends who used Ship a Car Direct many times in the past. They said, “You can directly go with Ship a Car Direct.” So, I chose them and it turned out good. I used the online calculator for a quote and then someone reached out to me. The quote they gave was better than what I was expecting. The driver gave me updates about every situation, where he was and when he'll arrive. He was professional. I got my delivery on time and the experience overall was good.

5.00/5

Ship a Car Direct has the most awesome customer service reps I've ever dealt with. When they promise to have your car there that is being shipped on their trucks they hold true to the dates. My car arrived one day early and the truck driver kept me informed and was very, very polite. This company is top notch and I highly recommend them to take care of your auto shipping.

5.00/5

Ship-A-Car Direct made transporting my two vehicles simple and hassle-free. They explained the process very clearly and kept me up-to-date every step of the way. Also, the driver assigned to us was courteous and helpful. Because we had to meet him at a drop off point, he offered to drive us back to our home. I would highly recommend this company.

5.00/5

I was moving for a job and Ship a Car Direct had good reviews so I went with them. The initial quote was very good and the end price was cheaper. The rep Matt was good and he replied to whatever questions we had. They picked up the car one day before the scheduled date and then delivered it, almost five days before their promised delivery date. They also have a very good online app, too. You just put in your pictures and if something happens later, insurance claim would have been very easy because that app has your location when you took the picture and the timing before and after. It was a very good experience and I would definitely recommend it.

5.00/5

Ship a Car Direct worked well as a broker. Their broker rates were competitive and they were very responsive and good about communicating each step of the process. I would recommend to a friend for sure. Thanks! : )

5.00/5

Ship a Car Direct gave a very accurate quote when I transferred a car from Florida to my son in Missouri. The ability to obtain a price range independently was very important because I don’t like it when companies require all kinds of information to give me a quote. I liked the rep who did a great job, answered questions right away and helped me through the whole thing. The carrier showed up and delivered the car on time, and my son said it was in great shape. The service was excellent and I was very pleased that all promises were kept.

5.00/5

Had a easy and professional experience with Ship a Car Direct. From pickup to delivery I was informed where the car was and when it would be delivered. Any question I had was answered right away and car was picked up and delivered on time. Would Highly Recommend Ship A Car Direct.

5.00/5

I was moving from Colorado to California, but I had a family relative who was living in Boston, so I shipped the car from Denver to Boston through Ship a Car Direct. In researching different options, their price was very competitive and reasonable. The work they do on the entire back end was also included in that price, from sourcing a shipper to guaranteeing that the vehicle is taken care of and being with me throughout the process before, during and after, and that was really helpful. Plus, they provided videos and resources that any questions I had were answered and it made the whole process easy.

If shipping cars could be cheaper, that’d be great overall but based off what and how the market was pricing the job, I'm happy with the prices. I received some emails and the communication was not burdensome. It was useful in understanding what I needed to do on my end in order to get the car shipped out. There're a couple of communications before and a couple of confirmations after. I was surprised at how easy, simple, fast and convenient the experience was. I also like their app where I could take photos of my vehicle before and after delivery and there was no damage. The service was great and I would use them again.

5.00/5

I was making a long-term temporary move to Arizona, and I needed to have my car out here so I wouldn't have to continue renting all the time. I did a bunch of research on the internet and talked to several companies, and Ship a Car Direct seemed to be the only one that has a flat-out rate without a bunch of hidden extras. I took advantage of their online quote calculator and it was almost exact to what I ended up paying. There was one little hike extra when no one was picking up my car because it was underbid, but I was totally comfortable with the price. I've dealt with the same gentleman that originally contacted me in response to my request and he stayed in touch with me through the whole process on a daily basis until the car was picked up. He put me in touch with the actual carrier whom I've spoken too as well, and then he followed up with me when the car had been delivered. Ship a Car Direct's service was excellent.

5.00/5

I moved across the country and I rented a tow dolly for my car behind the moving truck. The day I picked it up and tried to put it on to leave the next day, it would not sit. We ended up leaving without the car and left it with some friends where we lived. It's last-minute that I needed to ship my vehicle and I liked the many good reviews that I found on Ship a Car Direct. They also have really helpful videos which explained everything about how it works, especially since I didn’t know anything about the business. Because I understood how shipping a car works, I wanted to try it.

I got a quote on the lower end and I felt good about it. Ship a Car Direct was also good about being open and saying that even though we're trying first with the number, the price may increase. And it ended up working out. I talked to the rep, Jennifer, every time and she was really helpful, open, and not pushy. I called one time and left a message and she called me soon after. It was her and I appreciated that I dealt with the same person every time. My experience with her was unlike most of the emails and calls I got from other people when I started the process of shipping my car. Ship a Car Direct has good customer service and they’re very clear about expectations. The service provided to me was excellent and I would use them again.

5.00/5

I shipped 2 cars from Mass to CA with no problems. I drove my other car to VA, left it there for shipping to CA, and we flew to CA with our dog Parker. All went well with the flight, but there was a small problem with the transport of my 3rd vehicle. A few emails and phone calls to Kosta straightened out the small problem and all was well. Kosta was available via email and phone throughout the whole process and was very professional with his handling of my situation. He did all the calling to the carrier and all I needed to do was wait for a resolution. If you think you could do this yourself, think again. Ship a Car Direct did everything necessary to ship my cars from MA, VA to CA with no major hassles. Use them as they are very professional and you can reach them easily via email and phone. They ALWAYS return calls quickly and I can't say enough good things about them.

5.00/5

We had to get my son’s car from Seattle to Michigan. Ship a Car Direct was a little more expensive than other transport companies, but because of their website, work, and communication, I was pleased and had more confidence in dealing with them. I also got a feedback from their customer service team asking if there was anything else they could do for me. Their email response was very quick as well. I asked a question and I would get a response within ten minutes and sometimes instantly. The online quote I got was okay and it was the price I ended up paying.

The car got picked up in Seattle and was delivered five days later. The transporter was a primo. He found a niche in our country for transporting vehicles from one coast to the other, and his transport trailer was state of the art and has high quality. It wasn't like the junkers hauling Chevrolets from assembly plant to a dealer. At first, I was nervous because the transporter had gone to Seattle to move my son out of his apartment and he scheduled the car move at the same time. I was in a panic but the communication was good, and he called and told me where he was and what his expected time of arrival was. He was within 10 minutes of what he said he's going to be here. It went very smoothly, which was what I was hoping.