Customer Reviews

4.86/5
based on 656 ratings
Read more reviews
5.00/5

The car was going cross-country and we had to base our decision on which auto transport company to go with on the conversations that we had with people in the industry. We used Ship a Car Direct for two reasons: first, they were one of the recommendations that I received when I reached out to my friends on this matter and they said that they had used this company before, and second, the Ship a Car Direct reps were very clear and direct when we spoke with them. It was great communication with them from minute one and they made things simple and easy. We felt comfortable going with them.

I relied on the person that we contacted at Ship a Car Direct for a quote, and I was able to get a quote without committing to anything. He gave us a general quote based on the time frame and the distance, and it was marketable. Based on other quotes I had received and what my friends were saying, I knew where I was in the ballpark.

We got to meet the transport driver when he called us with enough time, and we set a meeting place that was convenient, just 20 minutes from our home, and he met us at the time that he stated. He inspected the car and was very pleasant and quick, then he took the car, and we were on our way within 10 minutes. The driver had assured us that the car would get to the destination on time, and it did. The auto transport went smoothly. The whole shipment, from the first phone call until the delivery of the car, took 10 days in all. It was an excellent experience. Overall, they were reliable and pleasant, and we were confident that the car would get there in one piece and on time.

5.00/5

We were moving in the middle of winter and didn't want to drive our cars so I shipped them thru Ship a Car Direct. I had called about four different companies and the rep at Ship a Car Direct was by far the clearest and the most personable. He seemed straightforward and genuine. I ended up feeling more confident because I heard more and understood more with the rep so I chose Ship a Car Direct. I was so reluctant and so scared and I'm not an easy customer, but I felt that I was in good hands from the beginning to the end with them. I felt that they were responsive when we had questions.

The driver was also fabulous and couldn’t have been nicer. I've never seen anyone drive a vehicle that big which was bigger than the ones one sees with brand-new cars. He must have been exhausted, but he was so kind and so helpful. It was dark when we picked up our cars so we needed a few days to sit with it, look around it, experience it in the daylight, and make sure everything was okay. And both were absolutely fine and nothing was wrong with either car. It also meant a lot to us that we could ship some things in our car. That's a dicey thing and sometimes it's up to the driver if one can add weight, but we really appreciated that we were able to do that.

Ship a Car Direct

Thank you so much for the amazing review, Anni! And you bring up terrific points about what to value when reading online reviews! Happy to stand up to your research!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2015

I cannot say enough good things about my experience with shipping my daughter's car from Los Angeles, CA to Louisville, KY with Ship A Car Direct. The entire process was easy, efficient and flawless. David was invaluable to me, getting everything in order and keeping me informed of what steps were next, every step of the way. The car was picked up within two days of us contacting them, and delivered a day early, in perfect shape for a very reasonable price - $800.

The following is how I made the decision to go with Ship A Car Direct in the first place - and clearly the hardest thing about shipping a car is figuring out how you're going to do it and who you're going to trust to handle it. I first found Ship a Car Direct via Yelp. After reading all the reviews I never researched another company. I went directly with them and was glad I did.

What set them apart was while they had 4 out of 5 stars, upon reading all the reviews I found that Ship a Car Direct responds to and appropriately addresses their reviews - the good, the bad and the ugly, of which there were not many lower star reviews, but they did address any and all problems and fixed them right then and there. They even gave refunds. In more than one instance I didn't even think the complaining person deserved one. This made a huge difference in my decision to go with them.

I realized by using a broker like Ship A Car Direct that I'd have a third party on my side during the process if anything went wrong, and I realized through the reviews that they work very hard to make sure nothing does go wrong. I found in MANY cases the incidence of lower stars was unfounded. The complaints were for small, insignificant things - like the driver didn't speak to them as friendly as they liked. Seriously? You'd deduct a star from the broker because the truck driver didn't speak to you with rainbows and butterflies in their voice? This ain't Nordstrom - you have a trucker bringing your car to you - and it arrived early and in good shape. Be real.

While sometimes things go wrong, or companies do bad things, reviewers also do bad things, are wrong, are unrealistic, unfair, or just plain clueless. Taken into account, and before I even booked with them, I realized they really should have 5 out of 5 stars based on my reading and this is why I selected this company. What mattered to me was the reviews showed the cars arrived, either on time or early, or even a few days later in a couple cases - seriously cross country travel is not an exact science - and they arrived in the same shape they left in.

THAT'S THE GOAL.THAT'S WHAT MATTERS. Not if you did something stupid like stow extra stuff behind the seats to save yourself the shipping cost of personal items when you were told to not do this under any circumstances, and not if a delivery driver didn't speak to you with rainbows and butterflies in his voice. This isn't Nordstrom - it's trucking companies moving your car across many miles of roadways, traffic, bad weather and sometimes unsafe conditions. BE REAL and BE FAIR.

If you want your car handled appropriately, and with another set of eyes and recourse on your side, go with this broker who will make the arrangements for a transport company they know and trust for you as well as follow the ENTIRE process along the way for you. Frankly, I don't think the President of the United States is as informed as we were throughout the process. Amazing customer service.

My daughter's car arrived in perfect shape. It was picked up when and where we needed it picked up, delivered not only a day ahead of time, but a half hour sooner than expected in order to help me with a work schedule issue exactly where we needed to pick it up - talk about great service. The transport truck was new, clean and in good shape and it held other high end cars on it as well - and they all looked perfect, too. The driver, Bobby, was positive, enthusiastic, kind, considerate, concerned about a schedule snafu I had, professional and very efficient.

We could not have been happier with a situation that can be filled with pitfalls over one of your most important and costly possessions. I have zero affiliation with this company, I'm the founder of a 15 year old non-profit who helps women through surgery all over the world, so I had no experience with this and was really worried about how to do this until I found them. I would give Ship A Car Direct 20 stars if I could. A million billion thank you's. I'd use them again in a heartbeat. Attached is a pic of my happy daughter in her car and the nice transport truck the car came across country on - perfect experience!

5.00/5

Ship a Car Direct did a FANTASTIC job for me! I am so very pleased with the service I received from Ship a Car Direct and their staff! My main contact person, Eve, was especially helpful and worked hard to meet all my needs. I had never shipped a car across the country before, and so naturally I was somewhat apprehensive. Eve walked me through the entire process and stayed in touch throughout. The transportation company picked up the car on exactly the right day in Phoenix, Arizona, and delivered it much earlier than I thought they could. I was still driving across the country when the car was delivered safely to my husband in Johnson City, Tennessee just 3 days after pick-up! Ship a Car Direct provided wonderful, professional service for a reasonable price and I'm very happy to recommend them if you need your car shipped.

5.00/5

I don't have my order number handy anymore. The experience was great. The auto was picked up in San Francisco on the "estimated day" and delivered 1 day before the estimated day, which was perfect because it was a Sunday. I didn't have to take time away from work. The driver kept great communication throughout and was very conscientious of the vehicle. Great job!

5.00/5

I would definitely use "Ship a Car Direct" again and recommend them to anyone. I called several companies and feel as though I received the most honest answers from Kosta/Ship a Car Direct. Kosta kept me well informed throughout the process. I was further impressed with the Tony ** professionalism and genuine care of my vehicle.

5.00/5

Have to say as nervous as I was, all went well from John and other that all stayed in constant contact, driver was straightforward and stayed in touch. You couldn't ask for more. Price went up little from original quote, negotiated and that was that. Would use them again without hesitation.

5.00/5

Though this was my only occasion to have a vehicle shipped nationally, Ship A Car Direct was well-chosen. Their rate was competitive and the service beginning with contracting with them through to the post-delivery of my automobile was excellent. They were in constant touch with me notifying me of shippers, then, when chosen, the when, how and when the car would be shipped. Proficient (it would appear), efficient, and courteous. I would not hesitate to employ their service again. A fine company to deal with.

5.00/5

I had a great experience with SHIP A CAR DIRECT and am happy to recommend them to anyone that is looking for a service to ship their automobile. They were on time for the pickup and got it delivered across country 2 days earlier than expected. Best of all is the communication from their team. From beginning to end they were in constant communication with me. I would use them again, no doubts.

5.00/5

We were moving cross country from Virginia to California and needed to ship 3 cars cross country. I read tons of online reviews and decided to go with Ship A Car Direct. Stefan, our rep did a great job communicating the process and gave us a very good quote. The driver from Ace Car shipping in California, showed up as scheduled and did a very thorough job of looking at the cars before loading them. Our cars were delivered a day ahead of scheduled and it worked out great for us. The only concern was not knowing the exact date of the pick up until a week before. Other than that, the process was great and the cost was very reasonable. We would definitely recommend Ship A Car Direct.

5.00/5

After hearing so many horror stories about shipping a car I was not comfortable with the idea but had no other choice since we were moving 2 cars from NY state to Florida. I did my research and decided to use Ship A Car Direct. Bruce was very helpful and the learning he provided helped very much towards an understanding of what was going to happen. Once we had a confirmed date everything went according to schedule at pickup and delivery. A friend in Florida transporting his car to NY state a few weeks later had a lot of problems using another company which he won't use again. The main issue was poor communications which was never an issue with SACD.

5.00/5

I needed to send a classic Jeep XJ from Illinois to my son in Colorado. John from Ship a Car Direct was very responsive and thorough. He was on it right away and had the car on the truck within a week. It was delivered on time. No hassles, no problems. Thanks Guys!

5.00/5

This company has help us find carriers to move a total of 4 cars across the country. Every single time the car has arrived with no issues! If needed, we'll use Ship a Car Direct again to find a carrier to do the job!!! Great customer service!

5.00/5

Services very good. Pickup and delivery were on time, and very professional driver explained all aspects of the move. They moved my 1996 Avalon from California to Roy Utah. I could not have done this myself for the FreeCharged. I would recommend them to anyone.

5.00/5

Moving to Florida. Great experience for someone who is new to this. It was nerve-wracking for me at first but the drivers knew how to reassure me and help me feel comfortable. I choose this company through a friend referral and it turned out to be the best thing ever.

5.00/5

I was moving from Pennsylvania to Arizona and my dad found Ship a Car Direct and I called them. I was kind of wary. I've never shipped my car before. I called three different companies and I think Ship a Car was the best price. It was $1,350 for my car for that distance and I have a giant SUV, I thought it was a fair price. I got an estimate from another company, but I didn't go with them because they kept emailing me which was annoying. I also found a local place in Pittsburgh and the guy quoted me at $1,400 but the guy there was very sketchy and disorganized so I told them that I found someone else.

The sales rep from Ship a Car Direct called me once and then after that, he would email me and let me know that they're still working on getting a driver for me. The driver they got was great and awesome. He was professional and knew what he was doing. He's a bit younger, maybe 20s or 30s but I had a good vibe and he was a nice guy. It wasn't more than five days for him to deliver the vehicle. He got there a day earlier than I thought he was going to be there. I really had a good experience with them. it was painless and easy.

5.00/5

I did a lot of research on car carriers and I liked the reviews for Ship A Car Direct. They posted videos about what to expect from them and I liked that they would handle any damages should they occur. Download the photo app and take pictures of your car before it leaves. They picked up on time, we could track the progress of the transfer, and they delivered the car when we were ready for it. Their customer service was superb! We moved from Texas to Arizona, a long way, and my husband was nervous about the car being on a trailer. We had no problems at all. I recommend them highly.

5.00/5

I was quite impressed by the professionalism of the people I encountered throughout the process of vetting this company (I am still receiving spam and cold calls from other companies even though my deadline has long since passed) and would use them again in the future if the situation were to arise. My initial call was answered by a real person - and one that was able to answer all of my questions honestly. Additionally, the quote that I received was what I paid. The driver that transported my vehicle was responsive and aware of my front end timeline. He was on time and professional. He stayed in contact with my son leading up to pick-up and myself when it came time to deliver the vehicle. Aside from road grime (expected when transported cross-country on an open carrier), the vehicle arrived with no damage. I'm not one for doing business on-line, or with people I do not know, but this experience was trouble free.

5.00/5

Ship a Car Direct was very good all around. I needed the vehicle for temporary purposes on the East Coast and so I used them. I like the communication in terms of what's happening at each step so I very much appreciated that. Timing was exactly as expected and the driver was professional during delivery. I was very pleased.

5.00/5

I used Ship A Car Direct to ship my daughter's car to her from California to Florida. David was very helpful especially when I needed to change dates due to my husband's hospitalization. Everyone I spoke to were professional and courteous and the vehicle actually arrived earlier than we expected!

5.00/5

Awesome service!! From start to final delivery of my vehicle. I was always notified of the status of my car from the driver when he picked it up in Hopkinsville, KY to Tacoma, WA. Nothing but great things to say about customer rep, Bruce, who set up the driver for pu and Ivo, the driver that delivered my ride safely to WA. Thanks a lot!!

5.00/5

I was moving across the country. I talked to a few companies but Ship a Car Direct's customer service was better and took their time to really answer my questions and didn’t rush me in any way. The rep that I talked to said everything completely what the fine print said and didn’t contradict himself unlike the other company, they said something else which contradicted what was in their fine print. In addition, Ship a Car Direct had their dock number on their website which is what I was looking for. Also, they're more affordable than the other car shipping companies. The rep also gave me a direct line number and so with every step and every process, he always kept in contact with me, and if I had any questions, I would call his direct line so I felt comfortable. I received my vehicle in five days, which would have been a day earlier if it wasn't for the snowstorm. Overall, they had an excellent, efficient service and I was very pleased with it.

5.00/5

Took advantage of Ship a Car Direct's free quote and it was good but we had to increase the price. The transport organizer was trying to farm out the job, but we weren't getting any bites and was getting very close to the date that I had to move, so we increased the bid by $50. We split the cost and then the next day somebody agreed to the job. The carrier driver was very nice and stayed in contact with me. Everything was seamless.

5.00/5

Auto transport... KS to WA. Excellent service from pickup to delivery. Ship a Car direct and the driver Nicoli of carrier Altai Auto Transport kept me informed. No damages to car. I'm very satisfied with their service and look forward to using their service again.

5.00/5

The Quote turned out to be accurate to the penny. The Driver picked car up on first choice date. The Driver was on time and friendly. My Car was delivered on time and absolutely no damage at all nor was anything missing. The driver was again friendly on drop off. Matt from Ship a Car sent me periodic e-mails ensuring all was going well in the process. What more could you ask for?

5.00/5

I bought a car in eBay and I was trying to find the lowest cost carrier to ship my car but ended up having to wait about three weeks with the whole pickup dates. So I decided to look up and found out about Ship a Car Direct where people gave them a very good rating. I then gave Ship a Car Direct a call. Their price was slightly higher but I ended up using them and they got my car shipped and picked up within the next three days after my first contact with them. They were helpful. They gave me daily updates and told me the expected time they'd find a carrier. When they found one, they had the carrier contact me directly, which turned out to be good. The carrier driver was friendly, easy to work with and they are always on time.

5.00/5

I have previously shipped my car and this experience has been the hassle free. The assigned driver communicated throughout the transport and even delivered my car earlier than expected. I will be moving another vehicle later this year and will definitely call Ship a Car Direct for transport.

5.00/5

Ship a Car Direct had better reviews than everybody else. The quote given to us was fair. It was a little higher than some of the others but also from the reviews, I saw a lot of other people with better companies and had charges that were included when they shipped cars so I felt comfortable, plus the added assurance from positive reviews. Also, everybody was polite and professional. The driver was good at communicating when he'd be here.

5.00/5

I decided to ship my Corvette from Maryland to my new home in Florida. I didn't have a clue on how to pick a shipper and stumbled across the Consumer Affairs page. It seemed legit and I selected a highly rated company that offered enclosed shipping. I was contacted (always email) by Ship a Car Direct and was directed to their website that explained the process of them selecting one of their reputable shippers for the job and how to expect a delay until closer to the ship date etc. They had some quick videos on their website explaining the whole shipping business and how independent drivers bid on jobs etc. (I'm told there is a whole reality show on this!)

I was starting to get worried about the whole process when I was assigned a shipper and charged a deposit but once I talked to the driver things were all handled professionally - he made sure he kept in contact with choosing a ship date (if they have large trailers they would like to ship them full) and when he would pick up and deliver the car. My shipper was Washington Auto Transport and I couldn't be more happy with them. Immaculate trailer, professional and polite driver who kept me informed multiple times during the pickup and delivery days - wouldn't hesitate to use them again. Car was in the exact shape as it was when it was picked up. My car isn't a show car, although it still looks pretty good. Much more of a highly modified C5 around performance, lowered, customer suspension, engine build, widened back end etc.

5.00/5

This company performed as expected. There were no surprises, everyone was professional and courteous. The pickup happened within the two hour window given as was delivery. I would certainly recommend this service to my friends.