Customer Reviews

4.86/5
based on 900 ratings
Read more reviews

Hello John,

Glad to know that your car has been delivered on time and that you had an easy transaction with us. I will surely commend David for providing you an exception service. Thank you for your recommendations and of course, we will be more than happy to assist you in your future moves. :)

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

Ship a Car Direct did a great job shipping my wife's Audi S5 convertible. Communication was great, making the transaction easy. And David was up-front and honest about every detail, explaining the process so it was easy to understand and arrange. The car was delivered on time, in a spotless enclosed truck with a really knowledgeable driver. Overall, a great job. I'll be getting a car for myself soon and will use Ship A Car Direct again, for sure. Thanks, David and your professional crew!

Hello Joseph,

Thank you for choosing Ship A Car Direct for the 4th time. I am definitely sure John had an amazing time assisting you with your car transport. Please know that we appreciate your recommendations! :)

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

Shipped from Merritt Island, FL to San Diego, CA - This is my 4th time of shipping my car and it was the best experience of them all. I was kept informed each step of the way. My contact John was especially helpful. If he didn't have the answer he found it and got back to me. I would recommend this company anytime.

Ship a Car Direct

Thank you so much for the amazing review, Anni! And you bring up terrific points about what to value when reading online reviews! Happy to stand up to your research!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2015

I cannot say enough good things about my experience with shipping my daughter's car from Los Angeles, CA to Louisville, KY with Ship A Car Direct. The entire process was easy, efficient and flawless. David was invaluable to me, getting everything in order and keeping me informed of what steps were next, every step of the way. The car was picked up within two days of us contacting them, and delivered a day early, in perfect shape for a very reasonable price - $800.

The following is how I made the decision to go with Ship A Car Direct in the first place - and clearly the hardest thing about shipping a car is figuring out how you're going to do it and who you're going to trust to handle it. I first found Ship a Car Direct via Yelp. After reading all the reviews I never researched another company. I went directly with them and was glad I did.

What set them apart was while they had 4 out of 5 stars, upon reading all the reviews I found that Ship a Car Direct responds to and appropriately addresses their reviews - the good, the bad and the ugly, of which there were not many lower star reviews, but they did address any and all problems and fixed them right then and there. They even gave refunds. In more than one instance I didn't even think the complaining person deserved one. This made a huge difference in my decision to go with them.

I realized by using a broker like Ship A Car Direct that I'd have a third party on my side during the process if anything went wrong, and I realized through the reviews that they work very hard to make sure nothing does go wrong. I found in MANY cases the incidence of lower stars was unfounded. The complaints were for small, insignificant things - like the driver didn't speak to them as friendly as they liked. Seriously? You'd deduct a star from the broker because the truck driver didn't speak to you with rainbows and butterflies in their voice? This ain't Nordstrom - you have a trucker bringing your car to you - and it arrived early and in good shape. Be real.

While sometimes things go wrong, or companies do bad things, reviewers also do bad things, are wrong, are unrealistic, unfair, or just plain clueless. Taken into account, and before I even booked with them, I realized they really should have 5 out of 5 stars based on my reading and this is why I selected this company. What mattered to me was the reviews showed the cars arrived, either on time or early, or even a few days later in a couple cases - seriously cross country travel is not an exact science - and they arrived in the same shape they left in.

THAT'S THE GOAL.THAT'S WHAT MATTERS. Not if you did something stupid like stow extra stuff behind the seats to save yourself the shipping cost of personal items when you were told to not do this under any circumstances, and not if a delivery driver didn't speak to you with rainbows and butterflies in his voice. This isn't Nordstrom - it's trucking companies moving your car across many miles of roadways, traffic, bad weather and sometimes unsafe conditions. BE REAL and BE FAIR.

If you want your car handled appropriately, and with another set of eyes and recourse on your side, go with this broker who will make the arrangements for a transport company they know and trust for you as well as follow the ENTIRE process along the way for you. Frankly, I don't think the President of the United States is as informed as we were throughout the process. Amazing customer service.

My daughter's car arrived in perfect shape. It was picked up when and where we needed it picked up, delivered not only a day ahead of time, but a half hour sooner than expected in order to help me with a work schedule issue exactly where we needed to pick it up - talk about great service. The transport truck was new, clean and in good shape and it held other high end cars on it as well - and they all looked perfect, too. The driver, Bobby, was positive, enthusiastic, kind, considerate, concerned about a schedule snafu I had, professional and very efficient.

We could not have been happier with a situation that can be filled with pitfalls over one of your most important and costly possessions. I have zero affiliation with this company, I'm the founder of a 15 year old non-profit who helps women through surgery all over the world, so I had no experience with this and was really worried about how to do this until I found them. I would give Ship A Car Direct 20 stars if I could. A million billion thank you's. I'd use them again in a heartbeat. Attached is a pic of my happy daughter in her car and the nice transport truck the car came across country on - perfect experience!

Hello Christian,

We truly appreciate your efforts in sharing your experience. Glad to know we made your first experience in transporting a vehicle great. Thank you for choosing Ship A Car Direct!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

From the very start, Ship A Car Direct was honest & thorough about what the cost would be, what possible fees I could run into & keeping my husband & I informed on anything that had to do with our car. They charged $950 to move my car in an open container from San Diego to Virginia Beach. Due to a storm we had on our end, it took them longer than expected (totally understandable) so it took about 8 days total. On arrival, our driver was very professional & answered any questions I had. I would definitely recommend this company & I plan on using them again! Thank you!!

Hello Phyllis,

Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience. We are glad we were able to assist you transporting your daughter's vehicle. Happy Heart's day to you and your family! :)

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I requested that my daughter's vehicle be transported from FL to WA. The Ship A Car Direct representative, Scott, or other company representatives stayed in contact with me throughout the delivery process. My experience was positive!!!

Hello Dieter,

We are happy to know that you were satisfied with the service we provided. We appreciate your recommendations. Thank you for choosing Ship A Car Direct. :)

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I shipped my Sedan coast to coast. I had looked into quite a few shipping companies and then I gave up on the idea because of the horror stories I read. Then I came across Ship a Car Direct and they had the better reviews than most other companies. I felt good enough to give it a try and it worked out very well. They gave me a price that was fair. They set up the schedule and everything worked as stated. I was completely satisfied at every aspect of the experience including the customer service. They were competent and they performed as they said they would. The carrier drivers were very businesslike and the vehicle arrived in good condition. The whole process took 7 days which was what was stated in the beginning. I would recommend Ship a Car Direct to the next person.

Hello Linette,

We are glad to know that you were pleased with every aspect of the service. We will definitely be happy to assist you in your future moves. Thank you for choosing Ship A Car Direct!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

We used this company to facilitate shipping a car from Virginia to California. It was a bit more expensive than other transport services we found, but had much better reviews. We were pleased with every aspect of the service, from the initial contact to the drop-off of the car in Sacramento. Would definitely use this service again if I needed to ship a car.

Hello Mona,

We appreciate you sharing your experience. We are happy to know the transport of your Rav4 went great. Thank you for choosing Ship A Car Direct!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

We were moving from California to Texas and we had a baby, so we didn’t want to drive our Rav4. We got a quote from a shipping company and we were going to go through with it and then they said they would charge extra $200 for having anything in the back seat. We realized we would use our car also to ship things like the pillows. And there was a hidden fee with that company so we canceled them. The people at Ship a Car Direct, on the other hand, were easy to talk with. We got them on the phone quickly, which was encouraging.

The customer service representative we dealt with was really thorough. We asked him all the questions. He knew what was going on. He did a lot of follow-ups and also, everyone was really good about following up. I like that there was an app to record our car conditions. Our car is kind of beat up and it was not like we were shipping a Lamborghini, but it was nice that there was thoroughness there, which we appreciated.

The delivery was great and was on time. We had the same driver for the pickup and drop off, so it was nice. My husband really hit it off with the driver, so it seemed like they were having a fun time. I've shipped my car before using another company and I've been really surprised at how much follow-up and feedback Ship a Car has been asking for. They did a great job. And although we had to fill out a lot of customer things at the end, they were very thorough and transparent.

Hello Sirisha,

We are glad we were able to make you happy with the service we provided transporting your vehicle. Thank you for choosing Ship A Car Direct! :)

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I have a friend who shipped their car through Ship a Car Direct so I also went with them and my experience was good. Their reps had taken the order and then they had phoned the carrier for me. They had taken a couple of days to do it but I think it takes that long to find them a carrier. They have good knowledge and expertise. The delivery was good as well. In fact, the vehicle was delivered a day earlier than what was promised to us. We’re happy with it. Thank you, Ship a Car Direct, for the overall service.

Hello Marielle,

We are happy to know that we were able to provide you an excellent service and that your car was delivered on time. Thank you so much for choosing Ship A Car Direct!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

Ship A Car Direct provided an excellent service from beginning to delivery of my car from Denver to LA. Communication per email and phone was clear and professional. Choice of carrier RUS-AL INC was great, the driver Randy delivered the car in very good time.

Hello Stephie,

Glad to know your car was delivered in a timely manner. Thank you for choosing Ship A Car Direct!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

Single car from CA to MD. They were clear and confident in responding to my questions, didn't pressure me in any way, and were communicative throughout the whole process. My car was picked up and delivered on time, and right on estimate.

Hello Xinyu,

We are happy to know that you were very satisfied with the service we provided. Glad to know your car arrived safe and sound. Thank you for choosing Ship A Car Direct.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

This is my first time to ship my car, and Ship a Car Direct did a great job that I am very satisfied. The car arrived at the destination both safely and timely. Ship a Car Direct provides reliable service because they kept in touch with me during the whole process. The drivers are also very friendly and helpful. I will consider Ship a Car Direct if next time I need to ship my car.

Hello Rick,

Thank you too for choosing Ship A Car Direct! We are happy to know that everything went well with your car transport. :)

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

Scott and the rest of the team at Ship A Car Direct handled my request professionally, and kept me informed throughout the process. I will definitely recommend them to any of my friends that have a need to transport a car quickly and safely. Thanks again to the team at Ship A Car Direct.

Hello Juan,

We are glad to know that your car was delivered safe and sound. Thank you for your high recommendations. Looking forward to assist you with your future move.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

Ship A Car Direct promise and delivered my son's vehicle from Union, NJ to Phoenix, Arizona without any issues. John kept me abreast every step of the way and answered all e-mails. I would highly recommend this company. Thank you!!!

Hello Luisa,

It is great to know that we made your first transport experience stress free and that your car was delivered quickly. We are glad we made you happy. Thank you for choosing Ship A Car Direct!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I'm a travel nurse and I started a job in Arizona within a couple of days so I didn't have time to drive all the way there so I decided to ship my car. I did a pretty good amount of research but I went with Ship A Car. There was a lot of good reviews and the price was kind of in the middle range. I didn't want to go too cheaper or too expensive. They were quick on answering my emails. Their rep gave me the details and everything was pretty smooth and quick. She said that I'll get an email that will tell me what company I'll be matched up with. And they'll tell me when the cars going to be picked up. I felt it was good.

She gave me the information that I needed. I didn't feel pressured or anything. The email that was sent to us said the estimated pick up so I was never called by the driver. I actually called him to ask him what he preferred the payment would be and he told me, “Oh yeah, I'll be there in like an hour or two." That was probably the thing that was kind of like caught me off guard a little bit because I wasn't really prepared. But it ended up being fine. The whole process took 6 days and he was very nice and flexible. It worked out good because I was in Arizona while he dropped it off so I was able to be here to pick it up. The vehicle arrived the same condition that I left it. It was a little dirty but that was just fine. The experience with Ship a Car Direct was stress free and it was delivered quickly. It was the first time I've done it so I'm a little nervous but it worked out well and I'm happy about it.

Hello Grace,

It was our pleasure to be able to help you with your car transport. We are happy to know that you had a great experience. Thank you for choosing Ship A Car Direct and looking forward to serve you again soon! :)

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

Ship A Car Direct was very helpful and provided great service shipping my car from WA to MI. It arrived without a scratch and within a very reasonable time frame. I consistently received email updates throughout the process and they were always available by phone. John, who I worked with most directly, was very informative and honest which was a huge plus for me. I would definitely use Ship A Car Direct again!

Hello Cheryl,

We are happy to know that the transport of your vehicle went smoothly. Looking forward to serve you again in the future! Thank you for choosing Ship A Car Direct.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I had a car transferred from Scottsdale, Arizona to Michigan and it went off without a hitch. They kept in contact with me and when I called, they either emailed me or return my calls quickly which was greatly appreciated. I never had to wonder where my car was or what was happening. Great company to deal with.

Hello Truc,

We are glad to know that you had a great experience with Ship A Car Direct.
We truly appreciate your recommendations to your friends and family. :)

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I have great experience with Ship A Car Direct. The customer service is very transparent and helpful. Whenever I need anything or have question, the answers are always professional. I called at 2pm and they already have a shipper ready to go at 6. The delivery time is very on-time as well. I love it! Would recommend to friends!

Hello Fred,

Thank you so much for taking time to share your experience. We are so delighted to know that you are pleased with the service we provided. Looking forward to serve you again in the future!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Ship A Car Direct shipped our Subaru Outback from our home in Rhode Island down to our daughter’s home in Florida, and all in all, it was a good experience. They gave us a reasonable quote based on some other move that we had in the past, and it was very accurate in the end, too. We ended up talking on the phone with the transport organizers, and they did all of the contacts with the actual transport company, and they came back to me and told me what their availability was.

Our daughter was present when the car arrived in Florida. She contacted me and said that it had gone extremely well and the driver was very professional. So, she was pleased. We had shipped a car down to her in the past, and the experience wasn’t always good. There were two companies that Ship A Car Direct used for the transport and both of them were very good, and the move took place on time, right on schedule, and the price was right as they had predicted. So, we’re very pleased.

Hello Thomas,

We are happy to know that you were very much satisfied with the service that John and the rest of the team provided you. We will surely give them a tap on the back for a job well done. Thank you for you positive review and for your recommendations!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

John and his team are amazing. They went above and beyond. I had one of their competitors tell me I would be upcharged before delivery. Even though the price came in higher, they stayed with their quote. I would highly recommend John and his team, all the other delivery companies will let you down. 5 stars across the board!

Hello Janet,

It is nice to know that we made you feel comfortable and confident. We appreciate the trust you have given us. Thank you for choosing Ship A Car Direct!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

We were moving cross-country. We’ve used Ship a Car Direct previously and we were happy with them both times. I just sent an email to the rep who assisted us, John, about when we were moving and when we wanted the car in Oregon and he told us when he would start accepting bids. It’s just a very easy process for me. John handled it the first time and the second time and any questions that I would have he was able to answer them.

I would’ve rather driven if I could have. But it was winter and I didn’t want to cross the mountains driving in the ice, not knowing what the weather was going to be like. So I thought their price was really affordable. The only thing I didn’t like about it was they delivered our car absolutely filthy. It was an outdoor transport and I guess mud got all over it. We had just gotten a car wash so that we could photograph it, that there were no damage done to the car before they would pick it up and when we got it back it was filthy. But there was no damage on the car.

Also the carried driver texted me and told me where he was along the route. We set up a place to meet and he was there. And I had his payment and everything was fine. I would definitely refer them. I felt very comfortable and very confident in choosing this company to get my car from point A to point B, that there won’t be damage done to it.

Hello Yuyan,

It has been our pleasure to assist you in your car transport. We are happy to know that you were satisfied with the service we provided and glad to know that your car has been delivered safe and sound. Thank you for choosing Ship A Car Direct! :)

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

They are very professional from the beginning! My car was safely shipped from east coast to the west in a great timely manner. They care about your car and your experience. I am satisfied with what I got from them! I would recommend it to those who need the service!

Hello Darryl,

Glad to know your car transport went smoothly. Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with Ship A Car Direct! :)

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

I was in the process of relocating from Georgia to Nevada and of course I needed to have someone transport my car. Never have relocated before, didn't really know what to expect. Submitted for a quote online and was literally bombarded by emails and phone calls... so I went with Ship A Car Direct. I couldn't have picked a better company to do the job, very professional, knowledgeable, and wanting very much to provide the BEST service around. My driver was Dan and he's the BEST!!! YOU WON'T GO WRONG WITH SHIP A CAR DIRECT.

Hello Brad,

We are glad to know everything went well with the transport of the vehicle to your son. Thank you for choosing Ship A Car Direct!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I got a fair deal with Ship A Car Direct when I was shipping the vehicle to my son who was in the Navy. I got a call from some guy up in Denver. He put me in touch with the actual trucker, and then they arranged a date. Then the guy showed up, picked up the car and then delivered it aroiund three days later.

5.00/5

I was very hesitant to hand my vehicle over to a company I found on the internet for a cross-country voyage (AZ to IL), but after researching the process it seemed like Ship a Car Direct was an excellent company to try out. Still, I was very skeptical but after I submitted my request for support and talked with one of their experts I became more comfortable--from start to finish they provided me an excellent experience, my car got to Illinois safe, sound, and quickly and it has been an excellent experience and quite affordable, especially when considering all the gas, food, and lodging costs of driving cross country.

Hello Kate,

It has been our pleasure to be able to assist you the second time around. We are happy to know that you find our service(s) professional, timely, and easy. Thank you for sharing your great experience! :)

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

This is the second time we have used SACD and both times have been super easy. They are professional, timely, and easy to work with. I would use them again and would definitely recommend them to someone who needs to ship a car. Great experience overall. Thanks, SACD!

Hello Don,

We are so happy to know that you find the process of transporting your car very easy with Ship A Car Direct. We are also glad to know that your car has been delivered safe and sound. Thank you for trusting Ship A Car Direct!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I have used Scott and Ship a Car Direct several times moving my kids back and forth and they have always made the process very easy. The cars have always been delivered damage free and within the time frame that was given.

Hello Christopher,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are glad to know that you had a positive experience with Ship A Car Direct! Looking forward to serve you again in the future :)

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I have a little MG Midget from the 70’s, which is one of the coolest sports car, and I had it shipped from Central Los Angeles to Palm Springs, California because there was a mechanical problem with it, and there’s an MG Midget specialist back in Chatsworth, California. So, I had to figure out a way to get it to that guy. Initially, I wasn’t experienced in towing or shipping. So, by just inquiring without knowing a little bit about what I was doing, I was almost trapped and almost blackmailed into using another company. It was really aggressive, and was like, “You gave us you credit card info. So, we’re going to take your money, and you’d have to use us.” I told them that I’ve decided to use another company.

I’m guessing that there’s a system where all of those different towing services go online where a vehicle is already being put up on the docket for pickup, and in order for Ship a Car Direct to do it is that company had to remove my name, which they wouldn’t do at first. But the guy from Ship a Car knew the game, and he advised me on how to handle it. Their customer service was all the way through, and they did a really good job. I also used them to bring the car back, and in both instances, it was a really great experience. The second leg took a little bit longer for them to get a shipper to pick the car up and deliver it to me. But I also think that that was them trying to stay within the window that was reasonable in terms of charges. The mechanic was working on the vehicle called some of the guys he use personally, and they were all quoting him $600 to $800. But Ship a Car Direct got it done for a $300. They were great, and I was impressed by them.

Before I dealt with Ship a Car Direct, I got bids from different companies, and all that proved to be more of an obstacle because I suddenly started getting all these different emails and bids from people, which wasn’t the way to go. I was also trapped into having to use them, or they were going to keep my $150. So, after my experience with the first company, I did a little bit of research, and found that Ship a Car Direct had a good rating with the Better Business Bureau, and that was why I used them. They were wonderfully communicative, offered a competitive price, and they did a good job. Another difference Ship a Car has from the other company is that you don’t pay anything until they have definitely booked you, as opposed to the other company where they will charge you before they book you.

Hello Jeffrey,

It has also been our pleasure assisting you with the transport of your Ford - Fusion. Thank you for the recommendations and looking forward to serve you again soon!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I recently had my car shipped from Washington Crossing, PA to Palm Desert, CA and it was a pleasure. David kept me informed from the moment of my initial quote throughout the entire process. I would definitely recommend Ship a Car Direct to anyone that needs to ship their car and will be using their services again.

Hello Miguel,

We are happy to know that you were satisfied with the service we provided. Thank you for choosing Ship A Car Direct! :)

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

Ship a Car Direct is reliable and on time. I used it when I was moving out of state.I looked at their review and they had the greatest review. I feel good about the quote and, I feel then that I pay what I was told because I was skeptical that I was going to be ending up paying more.They told me it was $725 and that was what I ended up paying.

I talked to Stefan once and that was in the morning. And then, two hours later he called me telling me that the car was assigned to a company that was going to transport the car, and he provided me with the number and the name of that person. Later on, I called Maria and she was very nice as well. She told me the next step and the time and the date that the car was going to be delivered. She said that it was an estimate and that it depends because it was right on the holiday. And then, I spoke about it with Stefan and then driver was also very nice. I'm satisfied with their customer service.