Customer Reviews

4.86/5
based on 729 ratings
Read more reviews
5.00/5

My sister had gotten a car through my stepdad's name when she graduated high school. She decided to get married and move to Colorado where her husband is stationed. They got a new car and decided not to pay for it so to help my mom and my stepdad out, I paid it off and needed it shipped out here to Georgia. I was looking at the reviews and Ship a Car Direct seemed like the best bet and made it as the basis. Especially after I talked with Bruce, he was a lot of help and I really appreciated everything he did to help me out with it. I could call him on his direct number if I had any questions and he was always prompt in getting back to me. He gave me a call a couple of times to let me know what the next steps in the process were so that I was always updated. It was a great customer service experience for me.

The free quote was fine and it wasn't much different from what I ended up paying after. It was great and excellent for the amount of value of what was being shipped. It's not a new car but it was still something that I had to drop $2,000 into so I was really satisfied. I would most certainly recommend Ship a Car Direct and definitely use them again if I needed to have a vehicle shipped.

Ship a Car Direct

Thank you so much for the amazing review, Anni! And you bring up terrific points about what to value when reading online reviews! Happy to stand up to your research!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2015

I cannot say enough good things about my experience with shipping my daughter's car from Los Angeles, CA to Louisville, KY with Ship A Car Direct. The entire process was easy, efficient and flawless. David was invaluable to me, getting everything in order and keeping me informed of what steps were next, every step of the way. The car was picked up within two days of us contacting them, and delivered a day early, in perfect shape for a very reasonable price - $800.

The following is how I made the decision to go with Ship A Car Direct in the first place - and clearly the hardest thing about shipping a car is figuring out how you're going to do it and who you're going to trust to handle it. I first found Ship a Car Direct via Yelp. After reading all the reviews I never researched another company. I went directly with them and was glad I did.

What set them apart was while they had 4 out of 5 stars, upon reading all the reviews I found that Ship a Car Direct responds to and appropriately addresses their reviews - the good, the bad and the ugly, of which there were not many lower star reviews, but they did address any and all problems and fixed them right then and there. They even gave refunds. In more than one instance I didn't even think the complaining person deserved one. This made a huge difference in my decision to go with them.

I realized by using a broker like Ship A Car Direct that I'd have a third party on my side during the process if anything went wrong, and I realized through the reviews that they work very hard to make sure nothing does go wrong. I found in MANY cases the incidence of lower stars was unfounded. The complaints were for small, insignificant things - like the driver didn't speak to them as friendly as they liked. Seriously? You'd deduct a star from the broker because the truck driver didn't speak to you with rainbows and butterflies in their voice? This ain't Nordstrom - you have a trucker bringing your car to you - and it arrived early and in good shape. Be real.

While sometimes things go wrong, or companies do bad things, reviewers also do bad things, are wrong, are unrealistic, unfair, or just plain clueless. Taken into account, and before I even booked with them, I realized they really should have 5 out of 5 stars based on my reading and this is why I selected this company. What mattered to me was the reviews showed the cars arrived, either on time or early, or even a few days later in a couple cases - seriously cross country travel is not an exact science - and they arrived in the same shape they left in.

THAT'S THE GOAL.THAT'S WHAT MATTERS. Not if you did something stupid like stow extra stuff behind the seats to save yourself the shipping cost of personal items when you were told to not do this under any circumstances, and not if a delivery driver didn't speak to you with rainbows and butterflies in his voice. This isn't Nordstrom - it's trucking companies moving your car across many miles of roadways, traffic, bad weather and sometimes unsafe conditions. BE REAL and BE FAIR.

If you want your car handled appropriately, and with another set of eyes and recourse on your side, go with this broker who will make the arrangements for a transport company they know and trust for you as well as follow the ENTIRE process along the way for you. Frankly, I don't think the President of the United States is as informed as we were throughout the process. Amazing customer service.

My daughter's car arrived in perfect shape. It was picked up when and where we needed it picked up, delivered not only a day ahead of time, but a half hour sooner than expected in order to help me with a work schedule issue exactly where we needed to pick it up - talk about great service. The transport truck was new, clean and in good shape and it held other high end cars on it as well - and they all looked perfect, too. The driver, Bobby, was positive, enthusiastic, kind, considerate, concerned about a schedule snafu I had, professional and very efficient.

We could not have been happier with a situation that can be filled with pitfalls over one of your most important and costly possessions. I have zero affiliation with this company, I'm the founder of a 15 year old non-profit who helps women through surgery all over the world, so I had no experience with this and was really worried about how to do this until I found them. I would give Ship A Car Direct 20 stars if I could. A million billion thank you's. I'd use them again in a heartbeat. Attached is a pic of my happy daughter in her car and the nice transport truck the car came across country on - perfect experience!

5.00/5

I would definitely recommend Ship A Car Direct to someone else needing to ship a car. John was very thorough when explaining the process and patiently answered all my questions. He set us up with a great driver who got our car across country 3 days earlier than we expected (which my son really appreciated). I was expecting the worse (since I hadn't shipped a car across country before) and received the best. Thanks you to everyone involved in our order.

5.00/5

Ship a Car Direct is an A1 company. I used them to ship my car from Portland to Michigan. Communication was great, process was easy, was kept informed, they have nice process to help you along. No issues whatsoever. Eve did a great job and the car reached fine.

5.00/5

Very satisfied with the customer service as well as with the Transport driver. The company worked with me to get a pick-up on the day I requested. Delivery was made on exact time scheduled with the driver. Plus, was assigned an enclosed truck - no additional charge. Will recommended this co. as well as driver.

5.00/5

I used Ship a Car Direct for the first time and they were amazing. I have shipped cars with other carriers, but none of them compare to Ship A Car Direct. Timely in every aspect, great communication and the car was delivered on time and in great condition. Couldn't be more pleased, give them a opportunity to perform for you.

5.00/5

Ship a Car Direct was professional, prompt, and very quick with the delivery of my car across the country. They were able to pick up the day after I called to place the order, and the car was delivered to its destination on the opposite coast ahead of schedule. Great experience. I would definitely use their services again.

5.00/5

I relocated for work to Portland from Michigan and needed my car to be delivered. Ship a Car Direct was the clearest in their description on what they were going to do online so I chose them. Their quote calculator was accurate. They shipped my car, dropped it off and there wasn’t much concern. The process was easy and I had a really good experience overall.

5.00/5

I used Ship a Car Direct because they had an A rating from the Better Business Bureau. I had my 2008 Honda CR-V shipped From Delray Beach Florida to Hudson NY. Dave gave me an accurate Quote $1250.00 right from the beginning. He explained to me that there are a lot of brokers out there. They will throw out a low ball figure half the price just to suck you in. You sign a contract, You think you're getting a great Deal? NO! Then they set an outrageous price. The bottom line is if the price is too good to be true. IT IS!

I know this for a fact as I was getting a lot of quotes from different brokers saying that they could ship my Honda from Florida to New York for $650. Honestly do you think a reliable & honest trucking carrier that has to pay for fuel, insurance & make a profit is going to give you a break for $650. Wake Up People! Ship a Car Direct DOES NOT use these tactics. The complete process of shipping the vehicle was clearly explained. I was given a direct phone number for the truck driver & his dispatcher. They were great in keeping me up to date as the vehicle got close to its destination. The delivery times WILL BE VARIABLE & ARE ESTIMATES!

Remember that your vehicle is loaded onto a car carrier up to fifteen other vehicles. The truck Will be making other stops for pick up or drop off. The truck driver always tries his best to give you an ESTIMATE of delivery. Other factors include variable road conditions & weather. My experience with Ship a Car Direct was great. They were in constant contact with me even after the carrier had picked up the vehicle to make sure everything went good with the condition of the vehicle to delivery. What a smooth transaction & process. I would recommend Ship a Car Direct to anybody. I DID NOT receive any compensation for writing this review.

5.00/5

Shipped two cars from NC to CA. This is my first time trying to ship cars. Great customer service experience from initial contact to final delivery. Always prompt in responding to emails/calls. Both cars arrived without any issues. John is great to work with. Highly recommend them.

5.00/5

The first time we shipped our vehicle through Ship a Car Direct, we were relocating and so we gave them a call to ship. Their delivery team showed up on time and they were very professional. They delivered the vehicle in great shape. The second time, we had a nanny who got injured and needed to return to her home in California from Chicago. The quote was a little higher than I expected and higher than the quote to bring the car to Chicago but it was reasonable and worth going forward. Their customer service team was patient, direct and honest. Everything they said was exactly what happened. Overall, my experiences with Ship a Car Direct were outstanding.

5.00/5

Never had any issues! Every time I needed something Stefan was always there to help, and when he wasn't, another person was always there. Great service and made moving quick, simple, and easy! Would 10/10 recommend again. Thanks so much for everything!

5.00/5

The process with Ship a Car Direct was seamless and professional. Our oldest son was living with family in PA after he graduated from college and was looking for work. He was determined to find his dream job in NYC. After months of looking and interviews, he landed a great job. He decided to not bring the car with him and just use public transportation. We wanted to get his car back to CO for our younger son. We weren't sure the car would survive the drive from Philly to Boulder, CO. We looked at airfare, hotels, gas, etc and the Ship a Car Direct was the most economical option.

We haven't used a car drop off service in years but with the ability to email, text and phone, we were constantly updated on how the process worked. Their follow-through on email and phone along the way... was very well done. They kept in contact every day with a good status report and contact information of the driver. The driver called the day before arrival and on the day of delivery to confirm the address and location. He was polite and on-time. Our son is thrilled to have a car again.

5.00/5

I did my homework before getting my car shipped. I had contacted several companies and gathered information online. There was good feedback for Ship a Car Direct so that's what I used. David helped me set up but my son Eric had to take over when my blood pressure went up. It was good and David was very helpful. However, they wouldn’t come down the Eastern Shore so we had to drive the car to Baltimore where my other son lives and they picked it up there. The guy who got the car was terrific. He was right on time and it all went well.

5.00/5

I am pleased to recommend Ship a Car Direct. Chris and his team found a carrier for me who delivered our vehicle on time with no damage. Having found them, we will no doubt use them again in the future.

Ship a Car Direct

You're welcome, Gloria! Thanks for giving us the chance to help you with the move!

Original review: June 13, 2017

Matt and Maricel provided an excellent customer service. They answered all my questions and provided the documentation I requested. The pickup and delivery of the car was as scheduled. All went well! Thank you for a great service!

5.00/5

Shipped car from San Diego to Seattle. Good customer service, easy to work with. No surprises and car was picked up and delivered as promised. While it is never cheap to ship a car, the pricing was as promised and less expensive than other reputable places I had checked out. Would definitely recommend.

5.00/5

All went well with shipping my car. Only issue was car being dirty upon delivery. But, most importantly, zero scratches, scrapes, dents or others. Best parts of whole process were exceptional communication and reasonable pricing. I'd use Ship-a-Car-Direct again.

Ship a Car Direct

Thank you for bringing that to our attention, John! You may note that pick up or delivery should be during daylight and the carrier will be able to handle the request. Glad to hear the car made it safe!

Original review: June 12, 2017

I used Ship a Car Direct to ship a 2007 Toyota Yaris from Columbus Ohio to Lake Worth, Florida. I worked with Scott and he made the whole experience pleasant and stress free. Everything worked out as Scott had described from the pick-up to delivery with one exception. The vehicle was delivered after dark to the destination and had to be looked over with a flashlight. Everything was ok, but this could have been an issue had there been body damage noticed the next morning. I rated Ship a Car Direct with 5 stars since the rest of the experience and the fair price overshadowed the after dark delivery. I would not hesitate to use them again!

Ship a Car Direct

Thanks for recommending our service, Sheryl! We are very glad it all went smooth!

Original review: June 12, 2017

Ship a Car Direct was informative, helpful and professional. Vehicle was picked up when promised and delivered timely without any problems. Our driver was super helpful and easy to work with on both pick up and delivery. Highly recommend.

5.00/5

I moved across the country for work so we looked for multiple providers to ship the car and some of the first ones said they'll charge me with $950. But after speaking to a live person, they said it was going to be $1,600 so I didn't go with them because the price went up significantly. So my wife called a couple of other places. What I really liked about Ship a Car Direct was we spoke with a live person from the beginning. He was really nice. He answered all of our questions when we had further questions and he followed up. We called him and he would call us right back.

The guy I spoke was the one that made us go through with it because his level of communication was great. He replied to our e-mails right away. We spoke with him seven or eight times before we actually made the decision, asking questions, and he never sounded annoyed. Most of the questions, he answered right away. Some of them he needed to look into. But he always sounded happy to help us. We decided not just to ship one car but we ended up shipping two cars because of his level of customer service and making us feel confident that we were putting our cars in a good person’s hands.

So the customer service was great and we appreciated that. It’s a scary decision to ship your car across the country with somebody you don’t know so he made us feel at ease. And when the drivers picked up the car, I'm sure they were tired but they were still polite and professional so it kinda worked out. The timing was perfect too. If they were going to be a couple of hours late, they notified me so I liked the communication.

5.00/5

Great service. I checked prices and reviews from numerous sites before deciding on giving my "baby" to a transport company. My car is just 2 months old so I was hesitant! Bruce came through - keeping me informed, even rushing to get me a carrier within 2 hours after the one I expected broke down! Very professional and efficient - including the driver. I live on a very tiny street and expected to have to meet the rig elsewhere. Driver surprised me by taking car off rig. He parked on a wider street and driving right to my front door. He then had to walk back to his rig! So accommodating! I highly recommend this company. Even arrived earlier than expected!

5.00/5

Overall I was very pleased with the job done by Ship a Car Direct and DIL Transport Inc. Bruce at Ship a Car Direct did a great job taking me thru the process of transporting my car from California to Illinois. All went well. My car was picked up 5 days after the ship date and arrived in Illinois 1-day earlier than estimated and in excellent condition.

5.00/5

Ship A Car Direct was outstanding. The process was easy. They provided clear and simple communication by both phone and email. The selected carrier was on time for both pickup and delivery. Would recommend them and the carrier to anyone needing to ship a car. Complete peace of mind.

5.00/5

We needed to move a 2007 Honda Civic from Houston, Texas to Charlotte, North Carolina. We got a reasonable quote from Ship a Car Direct's online calculator so we submitted a request. A customer service representative called me to let me know what was going to happen and that he would be my point-of-contact the whole way through. He was phenomenal! We had arranged the transport but had a problem at our end and weren't able to meet the originally scheduled date. So, I called them and he adjusted it to accommodate our new schedule. Everything went really, really well with the exception of once the car was loaded and on its way to Charlotte, the truck broke down and it took about a week longer than we expected it to. Overall, it was a very good experience. I couldn't have asked for better, particularly the customer service.

5.00/5

We bought my daughter's car. She lives in Dandridge, we live in Denver. And so we had to have it shipped here. Ship a Car Direct seems to have good reviews and they were located in Boulder. I used the online quote calculator and was able to compare them with other quotes that we had. The quote was higher but again they were in Boulder, which is 30 minutes away and that's how comfortable it is. I had good to excellent service by the customer service representative. I got a lot of emails, a couple of phone calls and they answered whatever question I had. They were knowledgeable and professional and they kept me updated on where the car was and what day it was going to be delivered and they delivered it on time.

5.00/5

I had never used a car shipping service before and was anxious, but it ended up being the smoothest part of my move from CO to MD. My car was picked up and delivered on time and in great condition. It was a very easy process from start to finish, and the price they quoted (the final quote) is exactly what I paid. I would use this company again.

Ship a Car Direct

Thanks for sharing your positive experience. Hope you enjoy your time in Rhode Island!

Original review: June 9, 2017

I was relocated to Rhode Island as part of my job, so I was shipping my car over to my new location. My friend recommended Ship a Car Direct and he said he used them twice and had a positive experience. I submitted a form and got an email back. The quote I got was $925 and my employer was reimbursing up to $1,000. I communicated with their rep mostly by emails and I've been able to get prompt responses. During the initial call, Angela went over what to expect. I have never shipped a car before, so she gave a good overview of how the whole process will happen. Overall, Ship a Car was very efficient. I'd give their name if a friend asked for a recommendation.

5.00/5

They were very transparent with the entire process constantly keeping me updated. It took 5 days from LA to Chicago and my car was in perfect condition. Cost me $850. The driver was very polite. Did not try to play games. This was during the summer and after Memorial weekend so I was pleasantly surprised. Would use again.

5.00/5

First time shipping a vehicle. Ran across many generic recommendations for uShip [including eBay, where I bought the vehicle]. After rooting around a bit online I found some discussions by haulers who were not pleased with some of uShip policies, something about using unlicensed [DOT] drivers. I have no way to verify this. However I found great reviews for Ship a Car Direct and decided to check them out. Once I made contact everything was real easy. Based on my one experience I can recommend them. Oh yeah, I asked and they sent me a copy of the hauler's DOT license.