Customer Reviews

4.85/5
based on 759 ratings
Read more reviews

Ship a Car Direct

Thanks for your positive review, Kathleen! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2016

I had an extremely excellent experience with Ship a Car Direct. I bought a car from a dealer that I've never met from upstate. My son and I bought it together for his older brother who needed one. It was my job to find the person who’ll transport it, and it didn't take very long before I realized that it is the transport organizer's job to pick out the right transporter. Ship a Car was more expensive than the other people, but my son wanted to get the best one out there and it wouldn’t have mattered what anybody else would have offered to do it for. The price that Ship a Car gave me was very fair. When it was all said and done, it was only $20 more than one of the other people that didn’t have near the reputation that Ship a Car offered. Their pricing was competitive and we were willing to pay extra to get something from Pennsylvania to Florida to make sure it arrived here in good condition.

The person that I talked with on the phone was courteous and polite. My son wanted to ask them if they could do any better with the price so I did. The rep said he'll find out and then gave me a callback and said, “Here's what we can do.” He was willing to earn my business. Then they got the carrier there the day after I called, which I was ready to wait a couple of weeks if need be and he got the car here two days later. So it was three days from the time that I called their rep and we were fortunate, we got a good carrier. I also watched their videos prior to even talking to anyone on their website and those are very convincing. We had a good experience with them and we certainly would use them again if we had anything to move anywhere. Everything went better than I thought it might.

Ship a Car Direct

Glad to hear everything went smooth for you, Steven! Thanks for taking the time to share your positive review!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2016

I was moving from Seattle to Orlando and I needed to move my vehicle along with all my stuff. I went to Ship a Car Direct's web page and it's really forthcoming and frank on the state of business. Their rates are competitive with others, too. Once I submitted all the information in - what kind of car, where we're going - they got back to me with a quote pretty quickly. They did a really good job of explaining exactly how the process would go from there on. They told me that the actual shipper would contact me as opposed to them but they would still be available to answer questions.

They got me in contact with the actual person who transported the car and everything went really smoothly there. The person who transported the car was awesome. I had to fly out the day that they were supposed to pick it up and I ended up having a friend give the person the car. I talked them through and they walked me through all of that. The vehicle arrived on time and there were no damages. Then Ship a Car Direct contacted me again to make sure everything was all good and asked me if they can help. Ship a Car Direct has been fast and responsive, and from their website down to their personnel, they seemed to cut through a lot of the salesmanship of it all. It just really came down to exactly what was going on and I really appreciated that. Everything was about as smooth as you could hope it could be.

Ship a Car Direct

Thank you so much for the amazing review, Anni! And you bring up terrific points about what to value when reading online reviews! Happy to stand up to your research!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2015

I cannot say enough good things about my experience with shipping my daughter's car from Los Angeles, CA to Louisville, KY with Ship A Car Direct. The entire process was easy, efficient and flawless. David was invaluable to me, getting everything in order and keeping me informed of what steps were next, every step of the way. The car was picked up within two days of us contacting them, and delivered a day early, in perfect shape for a very reasonable price - $800.

The following is how I made the decision to go with Ship A Car Direct in the first place - and clearly the hardest thing about shipping a car is figuring out how you're going to do it and who you're going to trust to handle it. I first found Ship a Car Direct via Yelp. After reading all the reviews I never researched another company. I went directly with them and was glad I did.

What set them apart was while they had 4 out of 5 stars, upon reading all the reviews I found that Ship a Car Direct responds to and appropriately addresses their reviews - the good, the bad and the ugly, of which there were not many lower star reviews, but they did address any and all problems and fixed them right then and there. They even gave refunds. In more than one instance I didn't even think the complaining person deserved one. This made a huge difference in my decision to go with them.

I realized by using a broker like Ship A Car Direct that I'd have a third party on my side during the process if anything went wrong, and I realized through the reviews that they work very hard to make sure nothing does go wrong. I found in MANY cases the incidence of lower stars was unfounded. The complaints were for small, insignificant things - like the driver didn't speak to them as friendly as they liked. Seriously? You'd deduct a star from the broker because the truck driver didn't speak to you with rainbows and butterflies in their voice? This ain't Nordstrom - you have a trucker bringing your car to you - and it arrived early and in good shape. Be real.

While sometimes things go wrong, or companies do bad things, reviewers also do bad things, are wrong, are unrealistic, unfair, or just plain clueless. Taken into account, and before I even booked with them, I realized they really should have 5 out of 5 stars based on my reading and this is why I selected this company. What mattered to me was the reviews showed the cars arrived, either on time or early, or even a few days later in a couple cases - seriously cross country travel is not an exact science - and they arrived in the same shape they left in.

THAT'S THE GOAL.THAT'S WHAT MATTERS. Not if you did something stupid like stow extra stuff behind the seats to save yourself the shipping cost of personal items when you were told to not do this under any circumstances, and not if a delivery driver didn't speak to you with rainbows and butterflies in his voice. This isn't Nordstrom - it's trucking companies moving your car across many miles of roadways, traffic, bad weather and sometimes unsafe conditions. BE REAL and BE FAIR.

If you want your car handled appropriately, and with another set of eyes and recourse on your side, go with this broker who will make the arrangements for a transport company they know and trust for you as well as follow the ENTIRE process along the way for you. Frankly, I don't think the President of the United States is as informed as we were throughout the process. Amazing customer service.

My daughter's car arrived in perfect shape. It was picked up when and where we needed it picked up, delivered not only a day ahead of time, but a half hour sooner than expected in order to help me with a work schedule issue exactly where we needed to pick it up - talk about great service. The transport truck was new, clean and in good shape and it held other high end cars on it as well - and they all looked perfect, too. The driver, Bobby, was positive, enthusiastic, kind, considerate, concerned about a schedule snafu I had, professional and very efficient.

We could not have been happier with a situation that can be filled with pitfalls over one of your most important and costly possessions. I have zero affiliation with this company, I'm the founder of a 15 year old non-profit who helps women through surgery all over the world, so I had no experience with this and was really worried about how to do this until I found them. I would give Ship A Car Direct 20 stars if I could. A million billion thank you's. I'd use them again in a heartbeat. Attached is a pic of my happy daughter in her car and the nice transport truck the car came across country on - perfect experience!

5.00/5

I was getting transferred to another job from Arkansas to California and I just bought my Chevrolet Camaro about six months before moving. I wanted it to be shipped over to California so I was looking for a company. This was my second time I was doing this but I forgot the name of the first shipping company and they were good. I did some research and came across Ship a Car Direct. I found out they're also good, so I went for it. I got a quote and it was accurate. I found it a little expensive but my company covered the cost so I was fine with it. The service was also excellent so I have nothing to complain about.

I went to Ship a Car Direct's website and then I found their small video clips on there, which answered most of the questions. For the rest of the questions, I used to call Carl who's running the company right here. Even via email they were responsive, too. The carrier driver was a nice guy as well. Although the delivery was done a little later, he was still on time because he gave it a range of two days. He came on the second day because the weather was not good. He also told me straightaway about the extra charge that will be occurring to me because I have put with my luggage inside my car. Then, there was no scratch on my car and that's the best thing I could get.

5.00/5

I had moved from Michigan to Massachusetts and because my vehicle is a rear-wheel drive, I could not drive it all the way from Michigan during winter, so I had to ship it and I was more comfortable with having it shipped. But after a prior experience of moving my furniture and the company that finally did it literally damaged pretty much everything I had, I decided to be a little more careful with who I picked. So I got on to ConsumerAffairs for all the reviews of companies that are moving vehicles and then I went with Ship a Car Direct.

I had also placed a bid on You Move where one can list their ad and all moving companies place their bid for shipping the vehicle so I had a general idea about how much it would cost me to ship my vehicle. The ability to obtain a price range independently definitely made a big impact because I didn't have people calling me repeatedly and asking me for details, which was good because of my work schedule. All I had to do was provide them with vehicle information and ask them for a quote and that was good. Given that I gave a very short timeframe for Ship a Car Direct to find someone, I was happy with the quote they gave me and it was reasonable compared to the other ones I had spoken with earlier.

My interactions with the customer service rep have been straightforward. It was easier to get in touch with them through phone but usually I prefer emailing so it was a little difficult to get in touch with them. But if I would call, I would always have someone help me out. It was extremely good and I never expected that it would be very easy working with them because of my terrible experience from the past. It's been a hassle-free experience and I would definitely recommend them.

5.00/5

We were moving from San Francisco to Florida and got Ship a Car Direct to transport our vehicle. I requested a quote and they called back and gave me the information. They were very knowledgeable and sounded like they had done the same thing many times. Their pricing's fair, too. I gave them a window, Monday to Thursday, wherein they can come and pick the car up. I didn't hear anything by Monday morning but by noon, I'd gotten an email or phone call saying, "We'll be there in an hour and a half." So, it was a bit more rushed. But I called the transport guy and he was able to be there later so I could work around my work schedule. He was really helpful and very nice about the whole thing, too. It all worked out well. It was the first time I'd ever shipped a car and I was very happy with the service that both Ship a Car Direct and the transport guy provided to us. They were all very patient.

Ship a Car Direct

Thank you for your positive review, Bob! We are glad to hear that you are happy with our service. Call us if there is anything we can help you with!

Original review: March 14, 2017

I had a great experience shipping my car from the West Coast. Eric provided great service, explained the advantages of using Ship a Car Direct and the price was competitive with other companies. I'd use them again.

5.00/5

I recommend Ship a Car Direct to anyone wishing to obtain a fair price for getting a car moved safely and in a reasonable timeframe. This was a positive experience in having my car shipped across country so I thought I should provide an excellent rating as I would use this company again. I had my Ford shipped from Calif to Texas. The transport company arranged by Ship a Car Direct was in constant contact at time of pick up to delivery to our new home in Texas. Ship a Car Direct was also in constant contact by phone and email providing status of our order. Communication by all involved was first class. My car arrived in great condition other than dust and dirt build up which was expected with an uncovered transport truck. Thank you Ship a Car Direct for the painless and worry free experience of moving our vehicle to Texas - Blessings to your staff.

5.00/5

Kosta was very helpful and always available. Ash, the long distance driver from A Unique Transport, did a fine job in shipping my truck from FL to CA. The cost was slightly more than others, but this company vets the shippers before they move your car. Two thumbs up for Ship A Car Direct.

5.00/5

I shipped my car from California to Texas three years ago but used a different company. And when I needed to do it again, I went to the ConsumerAffairs website. Ship a Car Direct was number one with the ratings. The girl, Angela, that I talked to was really patient with me. She worked with me because I was already in California and my car was in Texas. Everything was really great and easy. They gave me a good price. The driver was on time, and he kept in contact with me. I told a couple of friends that are gonna be moving back to California about Ship a Car Direct and they should definitely check them out.

5.00/5

I took advantage of Ship a Car Direct's online quote calculator which gave me an idea of what the final price would be after everything. Plus the quote was fair compared to everything else that I was looking at. The reps were very attentive, responded very quickly to my emails, were very nice on the phone and they explained everything very well. Overall the service was very reliable so I wasn't worried about my car. I wouldn't be afraid to use them again if I had to.

5.00/5

I contacted David from Ship a Car Direct and he explained the process. Sometimes if he was not available on the phone, he would call me back soon as he gets my voice message. The communication was quick and good. Everything was easier and the cost of shipping was reasonable. Once I booked the services, there were some videos that were really helpful to me. My car was delivered a day before the committed time and I was available so that was good for me. We agreed at a mutual location where he can drop the car. It was an excellent experience and I would definitely recommend Ship a Car Direct.

Ship a Car Direct

Thank you for your positive review and for choosing us to ship your car. Glad to hear that you are pleased with our service!

Original review: March 9, 2017

I feared the experience of having my car shipped because of the horror stories. I needn't have worried! Service was responsive and kind. Once assigned a driver he was amazing. Great communication and right on time. Couldn't have asked for anything better. I went with this Ship a Car Direct because of the reviews (I could have negotiated with others and gotten a better deal) and I am glad I did. Will use again.

5.00/5

I bought a vehicle from a dealer in South Carolina and I needed to have it shipped here in Connecticut where I live. Ship a Car Direct has the highest ratings on Transport Reviews, so I went with them. I called them and my interaction with the customer service representatives was great unlike some of the other companies who were not constantly calling and emailing me. Everything worked perfectly with Ship a Car Direct. The car got picked up exactly when promised and the level of service they provided was very high. It was an excellent experience, overall.

Ship a Car Direct

We are glad to hear everything went smooth for you, Nirmal! Thank you for giving us a positive review and for recommending our service!

Original review: March 9, 2017

I found on Consumer Forum that Ship a Car Direct has a very good rating. I thought they would be good and they have proven that. I got good service from them. I was satisfied with the customer experience and the way they responded to my calls. The carrier driver was also very good. During the pickup, he waited for my friend to come and he was very good with them. I would recommend Ship a Car Direct to a friend or two.

5.00/5

Bruce and Ship a Car Direct were extremely helpful and professional. He explained the process, told me what to expect once the move was booked. The moving company arrived and the move was smooth as silk! They even arrived ahead of schedule. If I ever need to move a car again Bruce and Ship a Car Direct will be my first call. Would recommend to anyone who is planning to move a vehicle!

5.00/5

We looked at different companies when we had to send a truck to Houston and we thought the person from Ship a Car Direct who dealt with us was reasonable and honest. We thought that we could trust him. And the driver who came here was also nice, very pleasant, and professional. He was good and explained everything. He dropped off the truck where my son is on time. And when I called him in between, he answered appropriately and also called me right back. It was a great experience. It was our first one and we were scared to send the car with an unknown person, but the truck they brought was really good. I'm happy and I will definitely recommend people to use Ship a Car Direct.

5.00/5

I was moving and Ship a Car Direct were very direct with the rates and the customer service they gave me was very good. I won't say they have the cheapest quote, but it's very competitive. Also, I really liked the service and it's very satisfactory.

5.00/5

Shipacardirect.com did a great job staying in contact and updating me where my car was at all times. They reached out when the car was supposed to be picked up and delivered and also had the driver stay in contact with me when he was arriving for pick-up and drop off. 5/5 stars. Great experience and definitely recommend for anyone shipping a car across the country or just a few states away.

5.00/5

Excellent from start to finish. Over two years you transported my daughter's brand new VW Golf from Wilton, CT to New Orleans, LA to San Francisco, CA back to Wilton, CT. Each time the communication was great, you were right on schedule, and you delivered the car in perfect condition. Thanks. I highly recommend your service.

5.00/5

The whole process was stress-free and problem-free. My car was picked up the next day!! The driver was very professional, kind and kept me informed. My car was delivered on time and damage free. I would definitely recommend this company. Thank you.

Ship a Car Direct

Glad to hear everything was pleasant and quick, Akhil! Thanks for your positive review!

Original review: March 6, 2017

It was coast to coast transfer, from Seattle to Hartford. I was worried on my new car. I am really pleased that on 13th I booked my car with Ship a Car Direct, they picked on 14th and delivered on 20th. Great experience. Never expected such a quick delivery.

5.00/5

I bought a vehicle from an auction and needed it shipped, and Ship a Car Direct came up first when I searched about auto transport companies. They had good reviews and their quote was lower than the other ones that I got. Their customer service reps were also helpful and quick. They gave me updates including what time the vehicle's gonna be here. And it was good with the driver. I was able to talk to him and told him to give me a call at a certain point so I could leave work and go to the delivery location. He was on time and everything was great with the car. I'd probably go and use Ship a Car Direct again. I’d definitely recommend it to friends, mainly because of how fast they work and their being on time.

5.00/5

We were moving in the middle of winter and didn't want to drive our cars so I shipped them thru Ship a Car Direct. I had called about four different companies and the rep at Ship a Car Direct was by far the clearest and the most personable. He seemed straightforward and genuine. I ended up feeling more confident because I heard more and understood more with the rep so I chose Ship a Car Direct. I was so reluctant and so scared and I'm not an easy customer, but I felt that I was in good hands from the beginning to the end with them. I felt that they were responsive when we had questions.

The driver was also fabulous and couldn’t have been nicer. I've never seen anyone drive a vehicle that big which was bigger than the ones one sees with brand-new cars. He must have been exhausted, but he was so kind and so helpful. It was dark when we picked up our cars so we needed a few days to sit with it, look around it, experience it in the daylight, and make sure everything was okay. And both were absolutely fine and nothing was wrong with either car. It also meant a lot to us that we could ship some things in our car. That's a dicey thing and sometimes it's up to the driver if one can add weight, but we really appreciated that we were able to do that.

5.00/5

I was moving for a job and Ship a Car Direct is the best on the reviews online so I put a request online and then got a phone call from a guy called Costa pretty shortly afterwards. He ended up calling me a couple of times to walk me through the whole process and then I got the shipper's details that evening. It has been a very smooth process and there was no problem or issue at all, through the winter and the whole way across the country. So, I was quite impressed.

5.00/5

A different company low-balled the bid to ship our car from California to Utah, took our credit card info and then failed to communicate further and the driver never showed. We had no idea car shipping brokers can be very dishonest. Then we did careful research and went through Ship A Car Direct. What a different experience. From the beginning Bruce kept in great communication, explained everything to me and was very reassuring and honest. The carrier who actually brought our car home was also wonderful and kept in contact with me the entire time and was one Bruce had used before and assured me was good. We are so grateful to Ship A Car Direct for the positive experience, honesty and hard work to find us a good carrier. We recommend them 100%.

5.00/5

My daughter moved to California and I had to transfer the vehicle from Louisiana to her new place of employment. I did a little research online and most of the reviews for Ship a Car Direct seemed to be positive. I booked with them and everybody was very helpful, very informative, and stayed in good contact. I also had a chance to speak with the driver for a pretty good while and he was very professional. He was courteous and answered any questions that I had. I have no complaints about him. Everything went off without a hitch, so I was very pleased with my Ship a Car Direct experience. I have been recommending them.

5.00/5

I bought a car in Oregon and I live in Arizona so I needed it to be shipped to where I am. I went online and got a quote from Ship a Car Direct, which was easier and quicker for me. Then, they called me back. It wasn't the very first time I shipped a car and I have used them multiple times previously. I moved to Arizona three years ago from Oregon and they moved two cars for us then. Then, my daughter was going to the military and going to be in boot camp for a while so we had them ship her car down here for me to keep an eye on it for her.

I'm a kind of a person that really likes to plan and think about things in the future and prepare well. So the very first time I used them, I knew the date when we're leaving. I had packed away things that I knew I wasn't gonna use months in advance and I had them all boxed and labeled in a storage area in the house. I tried to do that with Ship a Car Direct but we have gotten an offer to move our cars and it was only a week before we were leaving. The guy was very nice and he told me not to worry and that he understands what I think and what I'm doing. He told me I have to understand that it's a very fluid lifestyle for those guys and they think about a week ahead and that's about as far as they think.

So I said okay and that I really hope he understands. I needed someone to pick these two cars up on a specific day because the next day we're driving out to the airport and we're leaving. Sure enough, we had about three days window where we could drop off our cars and we had rented a rental car. Then, the day or two days before we were gonna leave, he had let us know their truck would be available. They showed up on time and it just worked. Then, the subsequent times that I've used them, I remembered what he told me and I keep it in my head to not sweat it because they don't think that far ahead. It worked all three times that I've used them in the past few years.

Also, each of those times that I've used them, there's never been a problem like damage to the cars. In fact, this last time, the car came in a single car trailer and the guy drove it directly from up there to down here. Because the guy that took this recent job lives in Arizona, he's in Phoenix and I'm in Tucson, so it got him close to home. It was really nice that my car was in a single car trailer, where there wasn't any unloading or loading at different stops. They've done a great job and they deserve whatever publicity they can get.

Ship a Car Direct

Thank you for your positive review, Donna! We are glad to hear that you are happy with our service. Call us if there is anything we can help you with!

Original review: March 3, 2017

My experience with Ship a Car was excellent. Car picked up and delivered earlier than expected, arrived in perfect condition. Driver was professional and polite. Will definitely use this company again. Website was extremely helpful in answering all my questions. Definitely a five star organization.

5.00/5

This is the fourth time I have used Ship A Car Direct and the experience is always great. Lots of communication, things are on time and smooth and the only time there was a delay (due to extreme weather) they were on top of things and clearly communicating timing.