Customer Reviews

4.88/5
based on 755 ratings
Read more reviews
5.00/5

My sister had gotten a car through my stepdad's name when she graduated high school. She decided to get married and move to Colorado where her husband is stationed. They got a new car and decided not to pay for it so to help my mom and my stepdad out, I paid it off and needed it shipped out here to Georgia. I was looking at the reviews and Ship a Car Direct seemed like the best bet and made it as the basis. Especially after I talked with Bruce, he was a lot of help and I really appreciated everything he did to help me out with it. I could call him on his direct number if I had any questions and he was always prompt in getting back to me. He gave me a call a couple of times to let me know what the next steps in the process were so that I was always updated. It was a great customer service experience for me.

The free quote was fine and it wasn't much different from what I ended up paying after. It was great and excellent for the amount of value of what was being shipped. It's not a new car but it was still something that I had to drop $2,000 into so I was really satisfied. I would most certainly recommend Ship a Car Direct and definitely use them again if I needed to have a vehicle shipped.

Ship a Car Direct

Thank you so much for the amazing review, Anni! And you bring up terrific points about what to value when reading online reviews! Happy to stand up to your research!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2015

I cannot say enough good things about my experience with shipping my daughter's car from Los Angeles, CA to Louisville, KY with Ship A Car Direct. The entire process was easy, efficient and flawless. David was invaluable to me, getting everything in order and keeping me informed of what steps were next, every step of the way. The car was picked up within two days of us contacting them, and delivered a day early, in perfect shape for a very reasonable price - $800.

The following is how I made the decision to go with Ship A Car Direct in the first place - and clearly the hardest thing about shipping a car is figuring out how you're going to do it and who you're going to trust to handle it. I first found Ship a Car Direct via Yelp. After reading all the reviews I never researched another company. I went directly with them and was glad I did.

What set them apart was while they had 4 out of 5 stars, upon reading all the reviews I found that Ship a Car Direct responds to and appropriately addresses their reviews - the good, the bad and the ugly, of which there were not many lower star reviews, but they did address any and all problems and fixed them right then and there. They even gave refunds. In more than one instance I didn't even think the complaining person deserved one. This made a huge difference in my decision to go with them.

I realized by using a broker like Ship A Car Direct that I'd have a third party on my side during the process if anything went wrong, and I realized through the reviews that they work very hard to make sure nothing does go wrong. I found in MANY cases the incidence of lower stars was unfounded. The complaints were for small, insignificant things - like the driver didn't speak to them as friendly as they liked. Seriously? You'd deduct a star from the broker because the truck driver didn't speak to you with rainbows and butterflies in their voice? This ain't Nordstrom - you have a trucker bringing your car to you - and it arrived early and in good shape. Be real.

While sometimes things go wrong, or companies do bad things, reviewers also do bad things, are wrong, are unrealistic, unfair, or just plain clueless. Taken into account, and before I even booked with them, I realized they really should have 5 out of 5 stars based on my reading and this is why I selected this company. What mattered to me was the reviews showed the cars arrived, either on time or early, or even a few days later in a couple cases - seriously cross country travel is not an exact science - and they arrived in the same shape they left in.

THAT'S THE GOAL.THAT'S WHAT MATTERS. Not if you did something stupid like stow extra stuff behind the seats to save yourself the shipping cost of personal items when you were told to not do this under any circumstances, and not if a delivery driver didn't speak to you with rainbows and butterflies in his voice. This isn't Nordstrom - it's trucking companies moving your car across many miles of roadways, traffic, bad weather and sometimes unsafe conditions. BE REAL and BE FAIR.

If you want your car handled appropriately, and with another set of eyes and recourse on your side, go with this broker who will make the arrangements for a transport company they know and trust for you as well as follow the ENTIRE process along the way for you. Frankly, I don't think the President of the United States is as informed as we were throughout the process. Amazing customer service.

My daughter's car arrived in perfect shape. It was picked up when and where we needed it picked up, delivered not only a day ahead of time, but a half hour sooner than expected in order to help me with a work schedule issue exactly where we needed to pick it up - talk about great service. The transport truck was new, clean and in good shape and it held other high end cars on it as well - and they all looked perfect, too. The driver, Bobby, was positive, enthusiastic, kind, considerate, concerned about a schedule snafu I had, professional and very efficient.

We could not have been happier with a situation that can be filled with pitfalls over one of your most important and costly possessions. I have zero affiliation with this company, I'm the founder of a 15 year old non-profit who helps women through surgery all over the world, so I had no experience with this and was really worried about how to do this until I found them. I would give Ship A Car Direct 20 stars if I could. A million billion thank you's. I'd use them again in a heartbeat. Attached is a pic of my happy daughter in her car and the nice transport truck the car came across country on - perfect experience!

5.00/5

I needed vehicle shipping because I was moving from Los Angeles back to the East Coast. I got Ship A Car Direct to do it because they gave me a quote very fast in the timeframe that I needed and offered a rebate for me, which I thought was awesome. The quote was a bit high, but I've never shipped a car before. Once I started getting other quotes in after I got theirs, it seemed decently priced. My experience with their customer service rep was good. He was a little late on the specific time we scheduled but other than that, it was okay. It has been professional and quick with the quote and delivery. Considering it was my first time shipping a car, it has been a good experience.

5.00/5

The service was great from the first phone call to Eve to the delivery of the car with Larry. I liked the fact that I had Eve’s direct phone number and also Larry the transport driver’s number also. I would and have recommended their business to others. All I can say is that I would give them an 11 out of 10.

5.00/5

Got referred by a friend to use Ship Direct and we very satisfied. They delivered the car from California to Texas in great condition. They kept in contact on status of where the car was and when it would be delivered. Would definitely use them again if we ever had to ship another car.

5.00/5

Just a wonderful experience with this service. They helped us with the transport of our 2 cars from California to Illinois. The driver Mike was just fantastic. He went out of his way to ensure the entire process was painless. He even arrived at our new house before the expected ETA. David, our contact during the pre-sales process was also fantastic. He kept us informed every step of the way, and was always proactive in sharing advice to ensure a painless experience. Would definitely use them again for any future car transport needs!

5.00/5

I moved out of state and the original car transport agency had failed to transport my car. I was very desperate because I needed to get my car transported. I found Ship a Car Direct online and looked at their website and they had really great reviews. They were a backup for getting my car to another state. The quote they gave was fair. The customer rep was very respectful and upfront about all the cost that could possibly amount to, such as the shipping rate. He kept in contact with me constantly, whether, through a text message, email or phone call and never once was he rude. He was available to answer any questions that I had. They shipped everything on time and at a reasonable price. I would recommend Ship a Car Direct. If I move out of the state again, I'll definitely use them. It was a great experience.

5.00/5

The Shipping was great. From the first call, John help make the transition so easy, and texting and calls. Every step, pick up From Delray Beach to Atlanta Georgia the driver was so pleasant. I'm so impress and would recommend to all. Don't be worried. You're in great hands and they find the best drivers. Keep safe??? Rides.

5.00/5

Friendly office and clever website prepared me. Driver found morning after I registered. Car (Volt) arrived in NY for CA in four days. Constant communication. Very happy with whole experience. Price was what I expected.

5.00/5

One of my friends was helping me research and said that Ship a Car's reviews were the best ones. I was moving very abruptly from California to New York and Ship a Car had somebody pick my car up within two days and transported it very quickly. Moving can be stressful and it completely went seamlessly with Ship a Car. They were very helpful in a time of a quick moving situation. Their customer service representatives were very attentive and followed up with each step of the process to make sure that we were on the same page. The guy who did the transportation was phenomenal and kept me posted the whole way on what was going on. Every department worked really well together. They alleviated so much stress and so much work in the situation. I would recommend them again and again.

5.00/5

My entire experience with Ship-A-Car Direct was amazing. The initial contact representative Kay was conscientious and exceptionally helpful. The app to document the vehicle condition before pickup was easy to use and much appreciated. The driver was friendly, courteous, and professional, and he inspired great confidence that RTS Trans Inc. would care for my car. The transport to California seemed quick, and the delivery was handled beautifully. I appreciate the follow-up email requesting a review, which reflected the company's concern for the highest standards of service. Based on this experience, I would enthusiastically recommend Ship-A-Car Direct to my family, friends, and colleagues who are considering an auto move.

5.00/5

Shipping a car cross country can be a nerve-wracking experience. Matt was delightful to chat with. He answered all my questions, and was very reassuring. He kept me updated on the status of connecting me with a shipping company. The shipping company I was matched with was prompt with both pickup/delivery.

5.00/5

The transport of my car was amazing! We the first contact with Matt to the transport driver Dan. The car was shipped from Calif to Okla in a well communicated and caring way. I was very pleased with this company and would highly recommend them.

5.00/5

I recently shipped a car from AL to CA with Ship A Car Direct. My broker, Bruce, explained the entire process. When I had a question, he answered it immediately by email and then if warranted followed up with a phone call. On delivery he phoned and texted both me and my son to double check the delivery time and address. We were put in direct contact with the carrier. I was very impressed with the overall customer service. If Bruce wasn't available, I was able to speak with another representative. I would recommend Ship a Car Direct to anyone knowing that they have excellent customer service to back up their internet presence.

5.00/5

My son was being transferred to New Jersey and shipping the car was the easiest way to move it without putting miles on it. Ship a Car Direct answered questions and got back with me faster than most of the other companies, which was more important. I’ve transported a couple of cars before and Ship a Car Direct's quote I was given was comparable. All in all, it was a great experience and I’d recommend them.

5.00/5

This was the first time I transported my car from Florida to Rhode Island. I have read so many bad reviews of transport that I was nervous about picking one to transport my car. Ship a Car Direct was great in helping me with the right transport. My car was picked up on time and the Driver was wonderful in keeping me updated on his schedule for delivery. I highly recommend Ship a Car Direct to anyone.

5.00/5

We were very pleased with the transport of our vehicle from Indiana to Florida. Pick up & delivery were easy & punctual. Transport company was professional & courteous. I would recommend & use this Ship a Car Direct company in the future if needed.

5.00/5

From start to finish we had a great experience with Ship A Car Direct. Bruce was very friendly on the phone, offered great advice and walked me through the whole process. He kept me up to date throughout the entire car travel. My carrier was just as responsive, even accommodated a location change at the last minute. I would recommend.

5.00/5

I was told what to expect in the shipment of my car. They kept me in the loop from day one to the end. Respectful and helpful with all my questions. I was given a timeline for pick up and drop off of my car. The day the driver was to pick up and drop off my car he called and gave me an hour to be there. Very happy with the experience. Price was comparable to other companies.

5.00/5

I bought a car in Utah and I needed a carrier for it to get to California. Upon my research Ship a Car Direct has the least negative amount of reviews. I took a gamble and I picked them. I was satisfied and happy with them. Their online quote calculator really helped a lot because it's more convenient and less time was wasted by not asking for personal information. I don't have to call and be on hold, and the quote was fairly accurate too. Originally, I would get messages from Mark via email. I needed to talk to him in person so I called and I couldn't reach him. I did talk to another representative and he was nice and very knowledgeable. He helped me out with my problems and my questions. All in all, it was an excellent service, fast, reliable and fairly priced.

5.00/5

Ship a Car Direct was prompt, professional, and helpful every step of the way. My car was picked up and delivered on the days I requested, and without any problems. My questions were answered quickly and thoroughly. I would definitely recommend them to anyone shipping their car.

5.00/5

Ship a Car Direct provided a very reasonable price and great service shipping my 2016 Lexus from Friendswood, TX to Spring Branch, TX. Pickup was on time as well as delivery. They kept me informed about status with no guessing. I would definitely use them again. Thank you!

5.00/5

Ship my car from Chandler AZ to New Haven CT. "Ship a Car Direct" offered a reasonable price and has well organized my order and followed up. Chosen carrier/driver was well experienced for pick up & delivery without an issue.

5.00/5

I couldn't be more happy with the service I received from Ship a Car Direct. All of the information that I was given regarding the process was accurate. Gaby and Jerry followed up with me countless times. They have an app which you can use to take pictures of your car for accountability measures. Just when I thought it couldn't get better, Lisandro, the transporter brought my car to airport for since I was in a bit of a dilemma. I recommend this company if you want professional and courteous service.

5.00/5

I changed my job so I had to move to another state. One of my colleagues gave me a good review of Ship a Car Direct. Their quote and all those online features were pretty good compared to the others. I checked with my colleague, talked to other competitors and thought that Ship a Car Direct had a good deal and the response was also really good. I worked with one of their customer service representatives and he explained to me how much it was going to cost and how much time I would have to wait. Everything was clearly said and it was done as per whatever initial discussions we had. If I need to do it again, I would do it with Ship a Car Direct.

5.00/5

My wife and I were relocating to California and we needed a company to ship our vehicle. We found Ship a Car Direct cheaper than the others. They gave a reasonable quote. Overall, my experience with Ship a Car Direct was awesome. I like how fast the cars got out here and the customer service representatives were knowledgeable and very courteous.

5.00/5

I was moving due to a military change of station. I had three cars but could only drive two of them. There was another company that had given me a quote, which I accepted, but they never delivered. So it was kind of short notice when I contacted Ship A Car Direct. They just gave me a true rate upfront and not have to be on the hook. Their customer service representative gave me a call and a price. He said an amount more than the other company I’d gone through. So I was sure about that point the other company just low-balled me to get me on the hook and then come back and ask for more money. I didn't want to go through the process so I just took Ship a Car Direct's quote. And they were really good. I was calling them one day, about one o'clock in the afternoon and the next day, there was a driver at the door picking up the car. Overall, Ship a Car Direct was pretty quick about setting up transport and successful in getting me out of a jam.

5.00/5

I was moving across the country and Ship a Car Direct had positive reviews so I took the chance. Eve was responsive and their online quote calculator ended up being higher than the way it actually happened. Also, they were excellent, efficient and customer friendly. It was seamless and I would definitely recommend Ship a Car Direct to local people.

5.00/5

We needed a company to help us make a move from North Carolina to Oregon and Ship a Car Direct seemed to have fairly good reviews. They offered a reasonable quote compared to other transport companies. The process also seemed good to us so we went with them. The guy from their customer service was very good to work with. I talked to him over the course of several months as I had called much earlier than when we’re actually moving. He was good in explaining the process and answered any questions I had. He stayed in touch.

While I would certainly recommend Ship a Car Direct, we felt that we paid a little bit higher than what was from the quote. The customer service guy told me that prices could change from the time of the quote to when it happened, so I was not shocked. It didn't go up so much, it was still in the range that I was expecting to pay for a cross-country move. Overall, I had a good experience with Ship a Car Direct.

5.00/5

Our very first experience in shipping a car. David is very prompt in answering and returning our calls as well as our inquiries/concerns. Including the rest of the staff and their carrier did a very good job! Made our shipping a car a lot easier, less stress, and worries. Job well done, very commendable! One of your happy customers. Keep up the good work!