Customer Reviews

4.86/5
based on 848 ratings
Read more reviews

Ship a Car Direct

Hello Velsa, we are very happy to know that you are very pleased and very satisfied with the service we provided. We are glad to know we made you feel comfortable. Please know that it was our pleasure helping you with the transport of your vehicle! :)

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

My husband’s vehicle truck, a 2011 Toyota Tundra, was going to my son who lives in lives in Green Bay, Wisconsin. Initially, we wanted to drive it over there ourselves, but it was more expensive to do that - the gas and the wear and tear on the vehicle and hotel stays because of the 36-hour drive. It was more cost effective and better and safer to have it shipped over, so we did that instead. I went online to search for a way to do it. I checked the Better Business Bureau and I checked with the reviews, and Ship a Car Direct had a good reputation. And all the reviews were very positive, and the Better Business Bureau rating was high. So I trusted them.

I talked with the customer service rep and the driver and they both alleviated my concerns and answered all my questions. I felt comfortable with what they were telling me, they were very pleasant and accommodating and it was great. Ship a Car Direct was very helpful. I was also glad that that I paid turned out to be exactly what I was quoted. There were no hidden fees and there was no surprise at the end. I was very pleased and very satisfied.

Ship a Car Direct

Thank you so much for the amazing review, Anni! And you bring up terrific points about what to value when reading online reviews! Happy to stand up to your research!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2015

I cannot say enough good things about my experience with shipping my daughter's car from Los Angeles, CA to Louisville, KY with Ship A Car Direct. The entire process was easy, efficient and flawless. David was invaluable to me, getting everything in order and keeping me informed of what steps were next, every step of the way. The car was picked up within two days of us contacting them, and delivered a day early, in perfect shape for a very reasonable price - $800.

The following is how I made the decision to go with Ship A Car Direct in the first place - and clearly the hardest thing about shipping a car is figuring out how you're going to do it and who you're going to trust to handle it. I first found Ship a Car Direct via Yelp. After reading all the reviews I never researched another company. I went directly with them and was glad I did.

What set them apart was while they had 4 out of 5 stars, upon reading all the reviews I found that Ship a Car Direct responds to and appropriately addresses their reviews - the good, the bad and the ugly, of which there were not many lower star reviews, but they did address any and all problems and fixed them right then and there. They even gave refunds. In more than one instance I didn't even think the complaining person deserved one. This made a huge difference in my decision to go with them.

I realized by using a broker like Ship A Car Direct that I'd have a third party on my side during the process if anything went wrong, and I realized through the reviews that they work very hard to make sure nothing does go wrong. I found in MANY cases the incidence of lower stars was unfounded. The complaints were for small, insignificant things - like the driver didn't speak to them as friendly as they liked. Seriously? You'd deduct a star from the broker because the truck driver didn't speak to you with rainbows and butterflies in their voice? This ain't Nordstrom - you have a trucker bringing your car to you - and it arrived early and in good shape. Be real.

While sometimes things go wrong, or companies do bad things, reviewers also do bad things, are wrong, are unrealistic, unfair, or just plain clueless. Taken into account, and before I even booked with them, I realized they really should have 5 out of 5 stars based on my reading and this is why I selected this company. What mattered to me was the reviews showed the cars arrived, either on time or early, or even a few days later in a couple cases - seriously cross country travel is not an exact science - and they arrived in the same shape they left in.

THAT'S THE GOAL.THAT'S WHAT MATTERS. Not if you did something stupid like stow extra stuff behind the seats to save yourself the shipping cost of personal items when you were told to not do this under any circumstances, and not if a delivery driver didn't speak to you with rainbows and butterflies in his voice. This isn't Nordstrom - it's trucking companies moving your car across many miles of roadways, traffic, bad weather and sometimes unsafe conditions. BE REAL and BE FAIR.

If you want your car handled appropriately, and with another set of eyes and recourse on your side, go with this broker who will make the arrangements for a transport company they know and trust for you as well as follow the ENTIRE process along the way for you. Frankly, I don't think the President of the United States is as informed as we were throughout the process. Amazing customer service.

My daughter's car arrived in perfect shape. It was picked up when and where we needed it picked up, delivered not only a day ahead of time, but a half hour sooner than expected in order to help me with a work schedule issue exactly where we needed to pick it up - talk about great service. The transport truck was new, clean and in good shape and it held other high end cars on it as well - and they all looked perfect, too. The driver, Bobby, was positive, enthusiastic, kind, considerate, concerned about a schedule snafu I had, professional and very efficient.

We could not have been happier with a situation that can be filled with pitfalls over one of your most important and costly possessions. I have zero affiliation with this company, I'm the founder of a 15 year old non-profit who helps women through surgery all over the world, so I had no experience with this and was really worried about how to do this until I found them. I would give Ship A Car Direct 20 stars if I could. A million billion thank you's. I'd use them again in a heartbeat. Attached is a pic of my happy daughter in her car and the nice transport truck the car came across country on - perfect experience!

Ship a Car Direct

Hello Peter, we are extremely happy to know that you were impressed with the whole process. Glad to hear as well that the transport went smoothly. Looking forward to help you with your transport again in the future.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I was extremely impressed with the way the whole process was managed from start to finish. Everyone I dealt with was courteous, informative and very helpful. The process went very smoothly and my car was delivered in perfect condition on the day they'd estimated. I will definitely use this company again.

Ship a Car Direct

Hello Wenwen, it is great to know that you find Ship A Car Direct easy to work with. We are also glad that you find the driver friendly. Thank you for recommending us to your friends and family!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I needed a car shipped from California to upstate NY. As I searched for a company I got a lot of people calling me with shady info and quotes -don’t fill out any online firms for services that say they’ll find you quotes. Ship a Car Direct was easy, the same person followed up with me the entire time from initial contact through the drop off. The driver was friendly and his dispatcher was easy to work with. Totally above board and no BS. I’d recommend this company to my family and friends.

Ship a Car Direct

Hello Ralph, we are overjoyed to know that you are very pleased with the efficiency and service we were able to provide. We are also happy to know that Scott was always reachable. We truly appreciate your recommendations to your family and friends!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I am very pleased with the efficiency and service of Ship a Car Direct in transporting my Honda Accord to Arizona. The car was picked up and delivered as promised. I received communications from the company that explained how the process worked as well as updates on pickup and delivery dates. I was always able to reach Scott and he answered all of my questions. I would highly recommend Ship a Car Direct.

Ship a Car Direct

Hello Katricia, we are happy to know that you experience was very easy. We are also delighted to know that our customer service representative was professional as well as the driver. Glad that it was a worry-free experience!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I had just moved to Maryland so I needed a way to get my car from Alabama. I used Ship a Car Direct for their reviews and the good price they have compared to others. The customer service rep was very professional and the driver always kept up with where he was going to be and gave us an appropriate estimate of what time he would make it back into the area. It was a very easy experience and I didn't have to worry about anything.

Ship a Car Direct

Hello Sahar, we are delighted to know that we are able to provide you with an excellent service. Glad to know that your car has been delivered safe and sound.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I was looking for safety and the way that they can deliver my car without any damage more than the slight difference in cost. I looked over the rates of people who had used Ship a Car Direct and I found good ones compared to others. The quote that they had given me was a good deal. They also have excellent customer service and they answered any questions on time. They never delay. Ship a Car Direct is a good company and I’m satisfied with it.

Ship a Car Direct

Hello Benjamin, we are happy to know about the great service you experience with Ship A Car Direct. Looking forward to do business with you again!:)

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

Ship a Car Direct looked like they offered the best customer service and their site looked very very informative. Also, they have some videos and they explained the process. They followed up with emails and gave me heads up on what was going to happen. They kept me out there along the way. Overall, it was great service.

Ship a Car Direct

Hello Elizabeth, we are glad to hear that the transport of your vehicle went exactly as planned. Thank you for sharing your experience. We wish your son the best in college!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

My son was going to college and he needed his car to go there. I looked into four companies and found Ship a Car Direct better compared to all the other providers. They also gave me the best price. The quote was also fair and their customer service representatives were very pleasant. Overall, I didn't have any issue with Ship A Car Direct. Everything went as planned.

Hello Celeste,

We are so delighted to know that everything went smoothly. Glad to hear that your vehicle was delivered at your convenient time. Thank you for choosing Ship A Car Direct!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I received an accurate, reasonable quote quickly. Pickup went smoothly, was on time, and at a convenient time for me. My car arrived within the time anticipated and in perfect condition. The whole process was so easy and smooth.

Hello Cynthia,

We are thrilled that you are happy with our service! Sometimes, it can be a bit scary to transport a vehicle especially that you have heard a lot of horror stories about it. Thank you for choosing us to help with your move, you gave us the chance to turn things around for you and we are so grateful for that!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I was totally scared about shipping the car. There is so many horror stories. I went with Ship-a-Car for a few reasons. First they did not give me a hard sale. They were the only company who explained the industry not just their company. I was finally told honestly that none of the companies own their own trucks. How they weed out the poor rated movers. I told how the price was made and that it needed to be in cash. There was no surprises no extra cash needed.

Hello Nelly,

We are delighted to know that you had the best experience and that we made you comfortable with the process. Thank you for your recommendations, we truly appreciate it!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

I had to send my vehicle from Brooklyn, N.Y. to Tampa, Florida and my transporter Timothy was the best. He communicated with me every step of the way and made me feel comfortable. He was professional and very informative. It was reassuring for me. My vehicle arrived in excellent condition and a timely manner. I strongly recommend Ship A Car for out of state shipping. They are a reliable company.

Hello Mike,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience. We are happy to know that the driver did an excellent job. Thank you for choosing Ship A Car Direct!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

We chose this company to ship our car because they had good reviews. Our driver did an excellent job of picking car up, contacting on how shipment was going and when he would arrive. Company very organized and professional.

Ship a Car Direct

Hello Arun, thank you for choosing Ship A Car Direct. We are happy to know that your experience was smooth. We wish you well in your job transfer!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

I was moving because of my job transfer and based on online reviews, I decided to go with Ship A Car Direct. Their quote was fair. It was a bit less compared to the other vendors. My experience was all good and smooth.

5.00/5

Communication was consistent. All my questions were answered & updates were given when asked. My vehicle arrived on time and no damages. This company is very trustworthy and honest. I really wish I didn't waste time with researching other companies because this experience was very efficient and did not waste my time. I will definitely use again in the future!!

Hello Nancy,

We are so happy to know that Eric was able to make your experience great! We are glad to know your car has been delivered safe and sound. We are delighted to know we made a very good impression, thank you for giving us the chance to provide our services to you.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

I was overwhelmed with offers to ship my car once I requested a quote. The phone was ringing and the emails were endless. I checked BBB ratings and reviews.

Ship A Car Direct had great ratings and speaking with Eric reassured me. He walked me through it, explained carefully the process and what would happen at each stage. He was also always available by phone. As this is mostly a cash business upon delivery of the car, I was nervous but I can honestly say there were no issues and Eric was there to explain. I would use them again without hesitation.

Hello Zilong,

We are happy to hear about your wonderful experience with us! Thank you for taking time to share it.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

My customers had recommended Ship a Car Direct and I shipped my car through them for a relocation four months ago. They gave me a good quote and I received my car in very good condition.

Ship a Car Direct

Hello Anthony, you made our day by sharing that you had the best experience with us. Thank you for sharing that our service was top-notch. Looking forward to do business with you again.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

I move quite a bit for work and I've shipped several cars but working with Ship a Car Direct has been by far one of the best experiences I had. I was relocating from Maryland to Florida and it would take me too long to drive my car down. It was easier to ship it and I used Ship a Car Direct based on the reviews. The quote was very fair and in line with everybody else. Their timeframe was just as good, too. The service was top-notch and on point, and they did everything that they said they were going to do. They're a solid company and they kept to their word. My car arrived quickly, on budget and without damage. The car got there even before I had expected it to so that was very nice.

Ship a Car Direct

Hello Melanie, we are glad we were able to help you transport a vehicle. Thank you for your positive feedback.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

We’re an insurance carrier and our insured caused damage to someone’s vehicle. They were away from home, so we had to have it shipped back to their house after the repair. Someone else in our office has used Ship A Car Direct so we used them too. Their quote was good and it stayed the same price. I gave them the owner of the car’s information, they followed it up with the owner and they made all the arrangements timely. Everything was handled well and they did a good job.

Hello Cheryl,

We are happy to hear from you. We are glad to know that we were able to properly set your expectations and that we were able to provide an excellent service. Thank you for choosing Ship A Car Direct!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

The quote Ship a Car Direct gave me a quote to ship my car from California to Ohio that was within reason and was close to what I ended up paying. Obtaining the price range without submitting personal information made the process very easy. Their customer service reps were very nice, friendly, helpful and kept me really informed in the whole process. They told me what to expect and what my responsibilities were and answered my questions whenever a question came up. It was an excellent service. If I ever have to move again, I'd use them again.

Ship a Car Direct

Hello William, thank you for choosing Ship A Car Direct! We are happy to know that our customer service representatives was able to show willingness to assist and that they were very professional. Glad to hear we were able to provide a very nice job transporting your vehicle.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I did quite a bit of research and Ship A Car Direct seemed to have their act together a little better than others did. I was able to take advantage of the online quote and it was pretty close to what they charged me. Their customer service representatives were very professional and were willing to help out. Ship A Car Direct did a nice job for me in shipping a vehicle from Washington State to Florida.

5.00/5

The first thing that popped on Google search for a transport company was uShip.com but there were tons of complaints which I was not impressed. I found a couple of companies that were a little bit lower than uShip but their reviews were a huge do’s or don’t for me so my ultimate decision was going with who had the highest rating. It took me a while to find Ship a Car Direct because they never popped up as the number one choice and then I found a review in ConsumerAffairs.com which was a huge driver of my opinion. I called Ship a Car before they closed for the day and got someone to answer immediately. I worked with Costa and immediately from the get-go, he put out the quote and looked for someone. It seemed like as long as I could be flexible then he could get somebody on it right away and we had no problem.

The whole process was straightforward which was very important to me and I felt I didn’t have to worry about my car. Costa was very helpful and communicated the entire time. He told me how much it’s going to cost, how long the delivery would take and updates on the driver. I appreciated a lot that they had our second car picked up the next day and shipped from California to Colorado. Some companies gave me a quote for $1,200 but I felt that I could get it a little cheaper and Ship a Car Direct gave a very reasonable quote. I really wanted to make sure that I was getting the best deal for my money. I felt comfortable that my price wasn’t going up because I read reviews who used companies from uShip.com that they were asked for more money or hold to a fee so they could have their car.

I’m super stressed with the move and the last thing I want to worry about is having to shell out more money and be worried that they’ll take somebody’s car. I recommended Ship a Car Direct this morning to somebody asking locally because it was one of the easier processes as compared to setting up utilities, getting a mail key. It was great because it was the least of my worries.

5.00/5

I co-owned a vehicle with my father-in-law and he lives up in Wisconsin. He wanted to have it for the summer to drive up there, so we wanted to ship it. I sent some information to three different places, requested a quote and Ship a Car Direct was the most prompt and the most responsive. Their quote was fair and they were right in the ballpark with other people. Their rep was really prompt and knowledgeable and was able to answer all my questions. They actually did a little better than what he had told me they were going to do. They picked the car up a day early. They had a good carrier and they didn't damage the car. Plus, there were no hidden costs -- everything was very upfront! I was pleased with the overall process and I would use them again.

5.00/5

Ship a Car Direct. When relocating the pressure associated with a move is bad enough without any additional unnecessary problems. It is a Godsend to do business with a company that actually performs and does what it says it will do. Ship a Car Direct is that company. With the assistance of our Sales Rep John, we were able to have our car picked up, shipped and delivered as we initially agreed upon, with no misrepresentation, or hiccups through the entire process.

Hello Annie,

We are very happy to know that we were able to make your transport experience wonderful and less stressful. It has been our honor to have served you and your family. We are also glad to know that your experience with our rep Scott was great! :)

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Our daughter got to move to Florida and we're sending a car across the country. I had a friend who moved to Chicago and she had used Ship a Car Direct. Their rep, Scott, was professional and very courteous. Hurricane Irma was happening, so it was a stressful time. We were in a limbo about the time and not knowing what was going to happen but Scott was great. He was very patient with us not knowing what was going to happen.

Roman, who transported the car, was very professional too. We were concerned about giving the car to somebody we don't know but he was very thorough. As soon as we met him, he took our hand. My husband probably felt at peace about it and that made it so good. I felt very comforted by everything and everybody. It would have cost me the same amount of money to drive out there and fly back. It also saved us about six days worth of travel, so it was definitely worth it. I didn't see the car when our daughter picked it up but she was happy with it.

5.00/5

Jennifer customer service was awesome! She was patient, answered all my questions and kept me informed and up to date. Vinnie the driver did a good job as delivery was a few days early and my Nissan Maxima arrived in good condition! I definitely recommend Ship a Car Direct and would use them again!

5.00/5

This was my first time transporting a vehicle. The transport was from Kingston, Washington to Lady Lake, Florida. I would use ShipACarDirect again and recommend them to others. Having established, trusted, bonded, and insured carriers made me feel comfortable. Guaranteeing to cover any damage that the carrier would not, was also a selling point for me. ShipACarDirect was in constant contact with me by email. They provided me with their phone numbers. Also, ShipACarDirect put me in direct contact with the car carrier. Their carriers do the entire transport. They do not pass the cars from carrier to carrier. Rudy's Transport was the carrier. My car was loaded and stayed on Rudy's carrier for the entire 3,000 miles. The car was delivered without damage and was taken to a car wash first.

Hello Ashley,

We are happy to hear that you had a great experience. Thank you for sharing that John was very helpful in making the transport smooth. Looking forward to do business with you again.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I'm moving for work and I hired Ship a Car Direct. They are professional and reasonably priced. They charged me the exact amount and the rep, John, was very nice and very helpful. He even matched another price and he followed up with me to make sure that everything was done right and he did the same after he closed the deal which I was so appreciative of. The guy who picked up the car and the guy who dropped off the car were really thorough so it was great.

5.00/5

I was reading through a lot of reviews which I found to be important and I appreciated a feedback about Ship a Car Direct. I had to get the vehicle from my son’s home to my Colorado home so I took their online quote calculator and it was probably with $100 of what I want it to be. Ship a Car Direct’s customer service had great expediency to my request. They posted it the same day that I finalized with them and it was picked up that late afternoon of the same day. I used a different carrier to get one of my cars from California back here to Colorado Springs and they were far less efficient and reliable compared to Ship a Car.

5.00/5

I was giving a car to my sister-in-law in Manassas, Virginia to help her out. A friend had a good experience with Ship a Car Direct and recommended it so I called them on a Tuesday and they picked it up three days later here in California. Then it was delivered cross country the following Wednesday. They called and emailed me when they shortened the amount of time and I was lucky that it was completed within eight days from the initial call to deliver. Ship a Car Direct had good communication, good follow-up, and great service. I'll do it again next time I have to ship her another car.