3.63/5
based on 969 ratings
Read more reviews
5.00/5

Original review: April 2, 2019

I went with TotalProtect instead of the other companies and I'm very satisfied with my decision. They seemed to have a better plan for me. They are very good in getting whichever company I might need. The last issue I had was when a company that they had secured never contacted me. When I called TotalProtect back, they got another company right away that came right out to service my home. Their reps were very responsive and friendly.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

It’s pretty expensive when stuff breaks, so I’d rather get a warranty and pay $125 than $4,000. And TotalProtect seemed to cover more stuff compared to other places. I usually go online to submit a claim with them and their website is pretty simple to navigate. Then the contractor called me that afternoon and he came the next day. It was great dealing with him. Having this warranty is very valuable for me and I’ll tell my friends to check TotalProtect out.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

TotalProtect Home Warranty was very responsive and they took good care of me. I submitted my claim online and navigating through their website was easy. The contractor that they sent did a good job, and he seemed very confident and nice.

5.00/5

Original review: April 16, 2019

We have had TotalProtect Home Warranty for more than five years. I give them a call whenever I have a problem as I like to talk in person to somebody and my interactions with their rep have been great. Although, I had one time wherein I spoke to a gal who was kind of disinterested. It can happen and we all get bad moods ourselves. Other than that, out of all the times I've called and had service techs come, they were very helpful. Also, the technicians who typically come out performed very superior work.

Original review: April 14, 2019

I’ve been with TotalProtect for 12 years and every time I had a claim or a need, they covered it just fine. There were no questions and no harassment like a lot of the others do. They did very good the three times I needed them. When my air conditioner quit working, I filed a claim and got an appointment the same day. The contractor was out the next day and everything was taken care of. He was very personable, helpful, showed me everything that was the issue and repaired the AC. So much so, I went ahead and went with the year’s contract for the servicing of the air conditioner on the annual meets. I was very impressed with them.

Original review: April 14, 2019

We have had a good experience with TotalProtect and everything we needed to be handled has been handled. We have a double sink in the kitchen and could only use one side because there was a leaking pipe underneath the sink. The first guy we talked to kept telling me that it wasn’t covered. I thought he was a nut, so I called back and talked to somebody else. The lady said that we were covered, took care of it and got a person to come out. The contractor came out immediately and it took him 20 minutes at the most to get the issue taken care of. We’ve not had any problems since. TotalProtect's reps have been nice when we call except for the guy we called about the sink. Everybody has been taking care of us. They've called back and checked on us even after the repair was done to make sure everything was okay.

Original review: April 14, 2019

We've had two claims with TotalProtect so far and both were handled very well. Luckily for us, they used a fabulous group. The last time I had an issue, it was a little bizarre. My wife had a marble mortar and pestle that she uses for grinding up spices. The pestle went down in the garbage disposal, but she didn't notice it. When she turned on the garbage disposal, the pestle broke into pieces and wedged in. I tried everything to get it out.

When the contractor got here, they had the right tools and had the pestle out in seconds. Our deductible was 125 and I could have called someone to come out for less than that. However, if the contractor had not been able to get the pestle out, TotalProtect would have had to replace the garbage disposal and it would have cost the same for me, no matter what. TotalProtect has a decided advantage. I recommend them to anybody who asks about home protection.

Original review: April 13, 2019

Submitting claims to TotalProtect has gone very well. I've done it through both online and phone. I used the one which I have the most opportunity to sit down. Also, the technicians they’ve sent out have been good.

Original review: April 13, 2019

I had units in my home that are getting older, so I got a home warranty and I’ve been with TotalProtect for 3 years now. I submit claims with them, by phone. Submitting our recent claim was easy. There was someone scheduled to go out the next day and he had to come back with the new air conditioning unit. He was outstanding and so far, the work he did was very good.

Original review: April 13, 2019

I'm very pleased with TotalProtect's services and I appreciate having them as my backup. It's over the phone that I submit claims and I talk to a live person. And they're awesome because one day, I called and that afternoon, the guy was at my house. So it's really fast. I also really appreciate that because I really needed the fast service. It was for my washing machine, which was a Sears product. TotalProtect had given me the number to call the tech but I didn’t even get around to calling the tech. He was in the area so he said he was just gonna take the chance to stop by to see if I was home. I also have no problems with TotalProtect's contractors and the work that has been done. The quality of their work is good.

Original review: April 13, 2019

I submitted a claim to TotalProtect and they lined me up with a vendor to come over and fix whatever I got wrong. They did it quickly and gave me a phone number. The experience with the technician was good. They replaced the garbage disposal and the quality of work was excellent. TotalProtect have always done a good job for me and people should go with them.

Original review: April 13, 2019

We've had TotalProtect Home Warranty for about 10 years and the experience has been very satisfactory, although I could use a reduce in the fees. The most recent claim that I had filed was for the dishwasher and it was fine. They scheduled someone out right away. When the service tech got here, the dishwasher was working, but he still charged us $125, which I didn't think was right because he didn't do anything. It used to be $75, but now it is $125. And in some cases, it is half the fee. I have been looking at changing because there are other companies out there now that are more competitive. Still, I would recommend them.

Original review: April 12, 2019

Some of my appliances were getting older and I wanted to save money when I have to call somebody for repair. I was looking for a home protection plan through the internet and I saw TotalProtect Home Warranty and I liked their price. Submitting a claim with TotalProtect has been really easy. I just go on their website and submit it, and I usually have someone to do the repair, within a day. There had been no issues and no recalls. I’ve recently had a plumber out and he did his work, and he was great. In addition, having a warranty for our property is very valuable. The plumbing called and where it would cost me over $3,000 only cost me $100. My experience with TotalProtect has been excellent.

Original review: April 12, 2019

We already had a home warranty program but I didn’t like it. I had American Home Shield before and some of the people that they had come out weren’t very good. They also didn’t allow you to choose somebody else if you didn’t like the person who came out. TotalProtect is much better. Originally, when I called them, the vendor that I want wasn’t even on their list of vendors and now, they are. I called TotalProtect and they were always very nice about letting me choose another vendor. Submitting claims is very easy and simple. I go on the computer and put them in. They ask a few questions and then, it’s done.

I don’t know what happened with my washing machine but when the technician that they provided came, he was done after 15 minutes. I haven’t had a problem since and that was well over a year ago. Before that, I had some problem with heating. It was amazing because we used a vendor that we’ve used through them before. They gave us a bunch of rigmarole and basically, had us out of heat in half our house for five days during the winter. When I called that vendor, he was mean and when I called TotalProtect to let them know about this technician that they sent out, they cancelled them and sent a new one who fixed it that day. So, it’s been a very easy company to work with.

Most of the vendors that TotalProtect has are very good. If they’re not, I let the company know about it and they fix that. They were very quick to say that they would send out a new vendor. They also didn’t make me pay another service fee. So, I like them. I’m always treated very fairly by them and that’s hard to find in an insurance of any kind. My premium doesn’t go up so, I appreciate that.

Original review: April 12, 2019

We've been with TotalProtect for about 17 years. I've submitted claims both over the phone and online with them. But I still prefer over the phone. Talking to their reps has always been very professional. Sometimes, it's a bit too long to get an appointment but our experiences with their technicians have been very good. They tell me what the issues are and what needs to be done. I was just on the phone with a friend of mine in Nashville who had some plumbing issues. He didn’t get a home warranty when he got his house and I referred TotalProtect Home Warranty to him.

Original review: April 12, 2019

A family friend had a good experience with TotalProtect Home Warranty and I took his word and decided to go with the company. I filed a claim online and navigating their website was a simple. The first contractor was not able to meet my timeline though, so I called back and TotalProtect set up another one and they were able to meet it through. Dealing with the contractor was a straightforward deal. The service was efficient and stress-free. Having a warranty on my property provides peace of mind and so far, my experience with TotalProtect is good.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I was researching different home warranties and I saw TotalProtect on a website. They seemed good and I’ve been with them since July. I submitted a claim once. I started to do it online but I wasn’t sure how it was gonna work. I tried calling and I had an issue with some of the phone numbers I’m trying to call to get information. They weren’t going through but then, I had another text with a different phone number. I got ahold of someone and then ended up submitting it online. It all worked out well. It was a rental property and the tenant said it was a dishwasher issue. It’s working fine and I didn’t hear any complaints. Anytime I talked to people or interacted with them online, everything was good and people should go ahead and give them a try.

Original review: April 12, 2019

Our recent claim experience with TotalProtect has been very good. We submitted our claim over the phone and it was very easy. The techs came in and took care of the problem right away. However, they had to get parts. Thereafter, they notified us that the parts were in and asked us when was the soonest that they could get the parts in.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I have had service with TotalProtect for over 10 years. I’m totally satisfied with my experience when submitting to them a claim for service. I give them a call and the claims process is pretty simple. Their technicians have always been good. They are knowledgeable and friendly every time. I am satisfied with the work they performed.

Original review: April 11, 2019

Submitting a claim to TotalProtect was a very good experience and the process was excellent. There were no problems with the interactions with the technicians except for how long it took to get parts a couple of times.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I have known TotalProtect to be good as my neighbor used them. I have been using them for two years now and when I submitted a claim to them, it was fast and easy on the internet. Although, the only problem I had was when the contractors cancel, or when it takes them a long time to replaced the contractors. Nevertheless, I have not had any problem with the technicians overall.

4.00/5

Original review: April 11, 2019

I’ve been pleased with TotalProtect. Everything was real quick. However, there was a situation with my hot water heater and it took them almost two months before I had hot water and I was not happy with that. First, they had to order the hot water heater. Then nobody told me that I had to get the chimney inspected. Once the heater got in, then they were getting the chimney inspected because I did not know. Once that was inspected, then I had to set up another date for them to come back out to install the hot water heater. Then I was told that Washington Gas had to approve it before they could light it. That was a pain in my behind. They should have upfront what it all entails in installing a new hot water heater, instead of doing it when I asked what had to be done. Nevertheless, I have recommended TotalProtect to about 10 people even before this situation happened.

Original review: April 11, 2019

Initially, I submit claims with TotalProtect by phone. The reps that I've spoken to on the phone are very pleasant and they've been timely and have solved my problems. Then the last couple of times, I've learned that submitting claims on the computer is working pretty fine. I like the personal interaction, but the computer has served me well. I've also been pleased with the technicians when they come. It's the nature of the things, but it always requires a minimum of two trips and a lot of times, it's three. I try to describe the situation as best as I can so that they can be prepared but because, generally, things are identical nowadays, they have to come and assess the situation first.

The first time the gentleman came, he ordered the parts that he thought was necessary. When he got the replacement, there were further problems. He had to go back to the company to discuss the next option and then it took a while to get it. But I've been pleased with the professionalism of the techs that have come out. I've been with TotalProtect for at least 10 years and I recommend them anytime I have a conversation.

Original review: April 10, 2019

We wanted a company to cover some of the unexpected things that happen to us being a homeowner. I've had good experience submitting a claim to TotalProtect Home Warranty. I've submitted claims online and over the phone. But the latest time, I didn't have a good experience. I had an impression that I pay the contractor when they come, but I got charged online. Normally, I'm more proactive because I’d get the number, and a lot of times, I will call them before they even get the order. Sometimes TotalProtect gives me a contractor that's not even in our area, so I have to call and find somebody that’s actually in our area. Even so, I haven't had any problems. Normally, if there's something to be fixed, they do good work and do what they're supposed to do. Overall, I had a good experience with TotalProtect.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I’ve been with TotalProtect for a long time and my experience with them over the years has been fine. Each time I have had something to be done, they would do it, although, during the time when there were so many fires in California, I had the awful time trying to get someone to help me. It took several days and I didn’t understand it, except that I thought that they just didn’t have enough people to work with or to do the work with people. I called and it was a mess, but that was the only time that I really felt that I had a problem.

There was a time when I needed someone to check on my washing machine and a young man came out, but I knew almost instantly that he was not the person to do it. I normally just give the person a check if they work on what I am doing, but he wouldn’t even take a check and he was mad at me. I got a little afraid that he was going to lay it out on me. He wasn’t really into what he was doing and he was just trying to make money with the way he reacted to me about what was going on. That was how I felt about it. He didn’t even know what was wrong with my machine. I finally called TotalProtect back and asked for them to give me somebody else and they gave me a wonderful young man. He came out and he told me what was wrong with my washing machine. TotalProtect has been very good.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I was with 2-10 and I was disappointed with them. A friend told me about TotalProtect and I've been with them for several years. It’s been a good experience. Even though I waited a little bit long the last time I called for a claim, they’re much quicker than 2-10 and the reps were good as well as right on point. If they said the contractors are gonna be there the next day, they are there. I am very satisfied with TotalProtect right now.

3.00/5

Original review: April 10, 2019

I've been with TotalProtect Home Warranty for a little over a year, but I have already canceled them. Originally, I got their little packet in the mail and I thought they might be a good thing to do. However, I didn't know that you had to be with them for a year. The packet said, "Cancel anytime," which was true, but if you did cancel anytime, they would still charge you up to a year, which was sneaky. Plus, I thought they would be more useful than they were. We ended up spending more a month overall than what was breaking down.

The guys that fixed my dishwasher were super nice, it took four weeks to get it fixed. I had to wash dishes by hand, which blew. They came out four times and ordered four different parts, but couldn't get the sucker to work. They should have just put in a new unit. They ended up spending more money on parts than what a new unit would have cost. Plus, my dishwasher is 15 years old and is probably gonna end up breaking again soon anyway.

Original review: April 10, 2019

One of the reasons I got the home warranty is that I live in an old home and everything is about of the same age. I thought a couple of things were gonna go some time soon. I knew it and I had to get the warranty. I thought it would make me feel better and based on reviews, I chose TotalProtect. It looked like they had the best customer service and like they offered the most coverage per your monthly premiums.

When my water heater went out, it was super easy to file a claim. I went online and the process was very self-explanatory. It said "File a claim" then "What's your problem?" I found my problem in the drop-down boxes and I threw it in there. They gave me a confirmation number and said, “Here's the company that you need to call.” I called them right away and they gave me an appointment right away. Then the technician was out within two days and he did a great job. He was very fast too. He got to the problem right away and knew exactly what he needed to do. He was out of here in a couple hours. It was just one guy too. I thought that was unusual. Usually, they have two. But he did it all by himself, lugged the silly thing down to the basement and it seems to be working just fine now. My first experience with TotalProtect was really good. I hope it all goes that way and I'd definitely recommend the warranty.

Original review: April 10, 2019

Though I already had a home warranty before, I changed to TotalProtect since they offered more things. However, it's hard to them to find somebody for me and I've gotten up to almost two weeks before I get somebody to come to my home. Still, their service is pretty good. I like the attitude of their reps as they are trying to help me. I finally hooked up with a good plumber who would come to me. He would need to come a distance, but TotalProtect would pay him for the mileage of coming to me. Recently, my sink in the kitchen was leaking and the plumber who came was really friendly, courteous and professional. Overall, I'd recommend TotalProtect.

4.00/5

Original review: April 9, 2019

The only problem I had was when I was getting the air conditioner repaired last summer. I, however, was not really pleased with the time frame that it took to get the parts in for the AC. I was told that if the temperature was below a certain degree, they would rush the product, and that was not done. It took over three weeks to get my AC fixed when it should have only taken a few days. I had problems getting the information that I needed, and that experience with the air conditioner was a bad one. Nevertheless, I’ve used TotalProtect three or four times, and my overall experience with them has been fine.