3.98/5
based on 937 ratings
Read more reviews

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

I submitted a claim to TotalProtect when my furnace needed some work done on it. The person that took the call was very helpful and made me feel at ease, letting me know that someone would come out. Within a couple of days, their techs came out from Sears and repaired my furnace. The service person was helpful in explaining what went wrong. It was a very easy process. I'm thankful to have TotalProtect. They're a very reliable company and what they advertise is what they do.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

Submitting a claim is pretty easy now. It used to be that when you first made the phone call, you were on hold for about 45 minutes, but that's not so anymore. It's pretty fast now and normally, whoever answers the phone is pretty congenial and easy to talk to, and then they set up an appointment for you or you can call and set one up. I like the part where I interact with the contractors and talk to them and get their advice. The quality of work has all been good. The warranty saves me a lot of money. I'm getting too old to do any work around the house, and this works out real well.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

I've been with TotalProtect for about 10 years now and I like the peace of mind knowing if I have something go wrong. I got the 1-800 number saved on my phone so I just called if I had a problem. Their representatives were very polite. This past summer, my air conditioning went out and I paid $600 out of pocket. But I got a completely new air conditioning system in my house.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

TotalProtect is the insurance policy on the house. It covers mostly everything that we need to have done. Everything is fine and no problems with it.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

I typically like to call in and talk to somebody when filing a claim. Their customer service representatives were good. Recently, my shower was leaking down into my kitchen and somebody came out that day. I only wish the deductible is a little cheaper, but other than that, I feel good about TotalProtect and I'm going on 40 years with them.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

They send out qualified people like Sears or somebody else as qualified who are not looking like they just rolled up and you're scared to let them in your house type of deal. I normally do my claims over the phone because it's easy. We get service pretty quick. I've had them for over five years now and I've switched my son over to them.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

I like how quickly they get things done. Usually, I have someone here within 24 or 48 hours, and they settle a claim really quick, and I've not had any problems with them. Their contractor are really reasonable. They're good. I'm satisfied with what their process is. The warranty really helps, especially when we get older. It's nice to know you got backup.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 9, 2020

I called them when I had a claim and they wrote everything down and then they sent the guy out. So far, so good. The contractors that came out for my dishwasher and my garbage disposal were both nice.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

I recommend TotalProtect all the time. We've been with them for 12 to 15 years and there's been no problem in the claim submission process. Everyone that has come have been professional and nice as well. We had a problem with them once. Our hot water heater went out, and they changed a bunch of stuff in between and we never got notified of it. But they backed us, got us on the right program again and fixed it. So they did the right thing.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

Submitting claims with TotalProtect has been easy. When we call in, they get back with us and set up a time for the repair. Once we get in contact with the contractors, they communicate well. But sometimes, things happen on a weekend and they don't get back to us until Monday. However, they come out when they say they’re gonna be there and they complete the work. TotalProtect helps a lot with bills. With our water heater, it was over $600. At first, the contractor thought it was just leaking a little bit, but then the water heater just stopped and wouldn’t get hot. We called and they ordered the part. And it took a couple of days for that to get in. We've been with TotalProtect since we bought our house eight years ago and we're happy with them.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

I had a repair of a garage door opener, the motor that runs the opener. The contractor diagnosed the problem, fixed it and left. It was also fine when I put this claim in.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

I had a dryer that was on the fritz and I called TotalProtect. Submitting the claim was an easy process. I got in touch with the service provider and he got back in touch with me in a very timely manner. Then, he showed up when he said he was gonna show up. He had ordered the parts and they came in quickly, and he fixed it expeditiously. It all worked out very well. While I'd like it to be cheaper, the service has been okay every time I've called a provider that they have selected.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

Everything’s been very well with TotalProtect Home Warranty which we've had for 10 years now. This year, we used them a lot. I just placed a claim yesterday and we’ve set a time for them to come tomorrow. So far, everybody has called and did what they were supposed to do. I just call when submitting a claim and my interactions with them have been good. It's been good with the contractors as well.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

When I had six 21-year-old boys, one decided to get sick and another one decided to take wipes and clean it up. It went down my toilet though and flooded both my toilets and my showers. I called TotalProtect and they worked it out. It happened at 10:00 and they had to keep me on hold. At first, they tried eight people and it was panic. The only person I had that can come out couldn't until 9:00 AM. I said that I had no working toilets and TotalProtect just kept calling and calling. Then they called back the 9:00 AM guy, who then called one of his guys.

The guy came out on New Year’s Day at 2 o’clock in the morning. We gave him a really great tip. It was fantastic. I couldn’t ask for a better company than TotalProtect. I've been with them since 2006 and feel they have been a little better than when I was in New Jersey. When I used them before, it was more for heating issues. But I live in Florida now and they've come out a few times down here. I love them and I’ll never get rid of them.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

Everything has been working very good with TotalProtect Home Warranty. They have great customer service and I’m happy with them.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

TotalProtect's claim process is super easy. However, if I call customer service about an issue, I get a different person each time I reach out to somebody and I have to do the whole spiel as to why I'm calling all over again. They should have a certain person to reach out to or if I reach out to somebody, I should be able to directly contact that person again about the same issue. But for the most part, everybody has been very nice and helpful when I have called. I've had TotalProtect for about eight years and had an issue one time, but it got resolved eventually. One of their contacts did not show. But they finally got me in contact with a company. I was very happy with that company though. They came out in time, were very professional, and got me taken care of right away.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

I've had TotalProtect for a long time and I've never had a problem with them. I also refer them a lot. The latest claim was to fix a toilet that wouldn't flush. This claim went very quickly and was fine. The contractor went and got a part from Home Depot and came back and fixed it.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

I've had TotalProtect Home Warranty for 15 years. It was pretty good when filing a claim. I just called them up and then they got someone out here pretty quickly for me. It was on a Saturday, so they couldn’t get them out till Monday, but I understood that. The representatives were very nice. I was happy with the whole experience. The technician was also very friendly and everything you would expect from him. He came out to fix my furnace that quit. He just put a couple new parts on it and it was running.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

We've had service with TotalProtect since we bought the house in ’93. In the beginning, submitting claims was good and the service was great. Then, it was bad for about a year. Then, some people must have complained because the service is back being good again. So, we were happy with them the last time. We had three guys come over to fix our washing machine. The first guy was young, so he was really inexperienced. He ordered two parts and one part wasn’t necessary. But he ordered it and it came anyway. The second guy, according to my husband, wasn’t that experienced either.

So, we asked for an experienced guy and the third guy was from Sears. He is probably in his 50s and he was very experienced. He knew exactly what to do and he found the problem right away. When the final parts came, he was great. He put in the parts and he was probably done within less than 2 hours. He got our washing machine done so we were really happy with him. Thank goodness ‘cause I didn’t have my machine for about 10 days. So, it was necessary. Our washing machine is working perfectly as of today.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

We saw TotalProtect Home Warranty on an ad one time and we applied for it. They’re perfect. The contractor for the water heater claim was excellent. Submitting the claim was also easy and to the point.

3.00/5

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

TotalProtect is okay. It used to be that you could call and get a representative, but now they have it online. Now, I tried online and some of the representatives that they got service were not very good. If you go out and look at them, they got bad reviews. So, I'm having to check now every time I get somebody before they come as to if I want them coming or not. This time I called for my heater and they sent someone out before the Christmas holidays. The little guy came in, looked at it, and said nothing was wrong even though something was wrong. So, this month I called again, and I did not want that guy coming back. They gave us someone else and that guy was wonderful. He came in and he immediately knew what was wrong. He got the part and fixed the heater.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

I've recommended TotalProtect Home Warranty to all my friends. I've had them for four years now and they've been terrific. It's efficient with their customer service representatives. I had a claim regarding my heat that was not kicking on and it took a couple of hours for someone to come out to service it. The company I used was fabulous and their technician was amazing. The heater is working now. I have another claim and I'm waiting for a callback but I was on hold with them for 25 minutes. I still haven't gotten anybody so I had to hang up.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

I wanted a warranty for any types of repairs or breakdowns that might occur to try to save money. When I was talking with other people, I was told not to go with one company because they didn't fully cover everything. Then I read that TotalProtect does and that they cover any other type of service whenever something breaks down, so I went with them. I have them for a while and submitting a claim now is very easy because I do it online. Then I get the immediate response from the email and I contact the service provider.

The one that I've had lately, the Georgia Appliance Pros, have been great. I've been using them because it seemed like when one thing broke down, everything started breaking down. I just call one day and they're usually out within the next couple of days. They're friendly, quick to respond, and I haven't had any problems with them. And with TotalProtect, my experience has been exceptional and they have taken care of the needs with my appliances and stuff. I even told a couple of people about them and their service, and they are looking into also acquiring one of those plans.

4.00/5

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

The TotalProtect technicians I've had have been excellent. But I'm a little bit uneasy with those working with air conditioning in Alabama. I had a problem this summer with the AC which was leaking water. It was a stopped up pipe. The young man sent to us insinuated that TotalProtect wouldn't cover it and that they'd want pictures. I've never had that problem before so that concerned me. Also, Birmingham is a big city and the air conditioning people that provide service are from Tuscaloosa which is about an hour away. In the end, I went ahead and had my AC fixed separately. But for all the years that I had been a customer and for the $125, it certainly should've been covered. Then in January, I had a claim for my disposal that died and the contactor put me in a new one. They also unstopped drains for us and replaced my dryer several years ago.

I've been with TotalProtect for a long time when their copay was $75 and now, it's 125. I wish they'd put a stop on that though because I'm old and I live on a fixed income. That gives me a pause before I call and I wanna make sure that my claim is covered. The monthly charge has gone up too but I can deal with that better than I can with $125 copay. Still, I'm satisfied with TotalProtect.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2020

A couple of years back, we had gotten hit by Sandy storm. My mortgage told me about the TotalProtect and I thought that I have brand new appliances and wouldn't want anything to go wrong with it. I figured, why not? I've had it for about six years and everything has been great when submitting a claim. The first time I filed a claim, the refrigerator was getting a lot of ice in the back. I noticed that my vegetables and things were getting frozen. I called TotalProtect and had an appointment set up. For my second claim, I also had the refrigerator checked. Their contractors have been wonderful.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2020

My husband heard about TotalProtect and he signed up for it. We've had coverage with them for several years now, and we also told my brother-in-law in Kentucky about them and he signed up for it. In the last 8 months, I had one claim I called them about which was for my refrigerator icemaker that stopped. They gave me the name of the company that they authorized, and I called them and they came. The only concern I had was it took a while to get the parts for the guy to come back to complete the order. But that was it and the contractor was fine. Then also, I didn't realize that the copay which used to be $75 when I had service is now 125. I wasn't aware of it. Other than that, everything's working okay since the repair. I like that with TotalProtect, I don't have to look for somebody. I can just call them and they'll find somebody to fix my problem.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

TotalProtect has been a good program. Over the years, I’ve done three claims. The two were easy, while we had little issues with the other one -- it took longer to get paid for the item, but they paid eventually. The personality of the claim reps was very professional, and the technicians did the job well. This warranty company, however, didn’t have the maintenance thing where someone will come out and take care of something or check it yearly, like in the summer and during the winter just before the season starts.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

I’m Hispanic and we don’t believe in insurance at all. I never had insurance. One of my co-workers told me, “Why don’t you get one of those home-protect-plan things because they cover a lot of things.” And then, I was like, let me try it out, just in case. I looked it up on the internet, and I saw TotalProtect, and that was it. And then, sure enough, a couple of months later, my heater went out. They came and they fixed it, and ever since then, I was like, I’m just gonna keep it and it also covers a lot of things. To me, if something happens, I just call, they come and they fix it. It’s also good craftsmanship. The work is really good work. And then, if it acts up a week later, they’ll come and the work’s guaranteed. I know I don’t have to pay out of pocket. I like that.

The only thing I don’t like is the contractors. One time, I had a claim for my AC and it was in the summer, and the guy told me he was booked for the next three weeks. I got mad because I have a plan and I’m paying for the plan. So, they should come and service it ASAP. And then, I went through four contractors that I called back. I was like, “You’re telling me three weeks? I need this now.” But then their rep was nice and she helped me out. She found me a contractor that was gonna be in within a week. But it’s summertime, everyone’s AC is going out.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

Those guys for the heater were on the ball. They were here the next day to fix my heater and they were so nice. They’ve been here before, I think. So, Totalprotect needs to hang on to them. But this other guy that they sent me at first to fix my washing machine was a shyster. Then they got Sears out which they came according to schedule and then TotalProtect opted for me to get a new washer, which was fine. Everything went well after the shyster was taken care of, and I was able to stop going to the washeteria. After I complained about the shyster guy, TotalProtect got on the ball then. So, right now, I’m content with TotalProtect. It’s better than it was when I had my garbage disposal that took six months to fix. With my garbage disposal, these people came out, looked at it and never came back. But eventually, it was taken care of. What they need to do is make sure that whoever they send out are reputable.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

Our refrigerator was not cooling, and it was not challenging when I called in my claim. Their contractor came out in a timely manner. He was quiet, but he communicated and was friendly. He was great to work with. They had to get the parts, and then they came out and installed it. The unit seems to be working fine now. When I first went on, however, some of the items on the list that TotalProtect gave me were a little confusing.