2.89/5
based on 699 ratings
Read more reviews
5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I would tell others to get TotalProtect. There are no second thoughts about it. We've had them ever since we had our house. That's about 20 years and they had been super great to us all these years. We submit claims by phone and our first one was a water heater that went out. They took two days to fix it. They got in here and bought some new one. They were fantastic. In fact, they’ve always been nice. The contractors have also all been super nice, very cordial and very professional. If I didn’t have the warranty, I’d also be looking for someone like that. We had a very good experience this last time as well. The ice maker in our refrigerator went out and the contractor tried to fix it but couldn’t. He said he’d replace it and order some new ones. We’re just waiting for it to come back in.

5.00/5

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

TotalProtect has coverage for plumbing, electrical, heating, and air-conditioning, and they cover more for the price. You can submit the claim with them online or you can call the toll-free number. You tell them what the problem is and then they assign you a contractor, and then you just wait for them to show up. I prefer calling them in because I try to use the same company if they're still in TotalProtect's network. Sometimes, when doing it online, the system will just plug somebody up. The contractors that I've had so far have been excellent and all my interactions with them have been positive. They come in, then they usually diagnose the problem quickly, and they're done.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

A home warranty is important and I added on TotalProtect Home Warranty with the purchase of my home. Their price was reasonable for the service and filing a claim was quick and easy. I call the service, I tell them what the problem is, they give me a claim number, then they send me an email with companies that are participating with them. The contractors that they send are good for the most part but there was a service that I dealt with once that I wasn’t so happy about. Everything else has been fine though and I've used them several times. I recommend TotalProtect all the time.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

A friend that had the services of TotalProtect Home Warranty referred me to them and I went off her experience of their getting claims done in a timely manner and taking care of things. I had a home warranty company before but they didn’t really do anything. On the other hand, submitting claims through TotalProtect was very quick and pretty easy. I just called and they took care of it from there. All of the claims representatives that I spoke with over the phone were pretty polite.

TotalProtect usually had someone out the next day. I had some plumbing stuff taken care of. My AC has also been serviced through them. When my heat wasn’t coming on, that was serviced through them as well. The technicians that were sent to our home were always amazing. The ones from the contractor that repaired my furnace and my AC were very courteous and got things taken care of in a timely manner. We were dealing with being hot and cold, and they were on time and on top of the issues. Overall, the quality of work that was performed was awesome. I plan to keep TotalProtect.

5.00/5

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I have been quite satisfied with TotalProtect. I felt more comfortable with a home warranty and heard about them through a friend. TotalProtect's reps have been very good. They have helped me and I have gotten good service. When I explained to them what was going on, they really checked it out and let me know what I should do one way or the other. I'm also quite satisfied with the guy that comes out here and checks out everything for me. The work he has done has been very good. I would recommend TotalProtect.

3.00/5

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

TotalProtect is slow in getting people to respond. Sometimes, I might have to wait for four days to a week for the contractors to get back in touch with me and to be scheduled. The technicians have been good though. They have been friendly, talkative, and as far as being capable of doing their jobs, we've never had any problems there. The refrigerator downstairs went out, but TotalProtect never told me that it wasn’t covered. They only covered the one item, which they should’ve let me know upfront. I just thought every product in the house was covered. They didn’t even ask me if I had two refrigerators.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

My mortgage company partnered with Total Protect so I got their home warranty. I've been with them for coming up on two years and thus far, submitting claims has been very easy. I call Total Protect up, describe my problem and schedule an appointment. Thereafter, a tech would come out and fix it. The one time I used the warranty, the tech who came was professional, tidy and on time. However, there was a little glitch with the work as there was something that he forgot to reconnect. Still, I called up the contractor and the tech came out and took care of the problem.

5.00/5

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I had American Home Shield for 8 years and I liked them but I didn’t like the fact that every year the fee goes up when it was time for renewal. I got TotalProtect now on my rental property and everything’s been really good so far. I’ve already had two claims with them and in one, A&E was the contractor that came out. They have been on time, were very professional, and took care of their business. I have Choice Home Warranty in the home that I live in and I’m dissatisfied with them too, so I’m not gonna renew my contract with them. I’m also gonna try to come aboard with TotalProtect for my home.

5.00/5

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

I have been with TotalProtect for over 16 years. When I submit a claim, I go online and then I follow it up with a phone call. I prefer to go online as the website is user-friendly. The technicians they sent out were very professional. I like that they call ahead of time to let me know they’re on their way. Also, I haven’t had any instance where they’ve been out and haven’t been able to fix whatever the problem is. They take care whatever it is and do a good job. So, it’s been a good experience.

5.00/5

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

My parents purchased a home, so I told them that they needed to get a home warranty. We did a Google search and chose TotalProtect since their service was cheaper than the other home warranty companies. I normally submitted claims online and that process was easy. The technicians fixed the appliances and I was impressed with the good service. TotalProtect should keep doing a good job and people should get their warranty.

5.00/5

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Submitting a claim with TotalProtect has been good. Sometimes, I go online to file a claim and the process is not difficult. I haven’t had any problem so far. The technicians that have been sent out to my home were very friendly and courteous. It doesn’t take them too long to fix the problem that I have, and the quality of their work has been very good.

4.00/5

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

We’ve been with TotalProtect since we’ve been in our home and we’re satisfied with it, but we’ve recently had some issues with some of the vendors. First, it would take him almost a month to order a pool motor, which you can just buy anywhere and the guy replaced it with a motor that’s pretty loud. So, I have to reach back out to TotalProtect for that. On the other hand, I’m having issues with my refrigerator and they’ve been pretty quick to get somebody back out there, but I think at this point, the refrigerator has to be replaced. Also, they’re pretty quick to follow up on open work orders. They’ve been reaching out to us to see what’s going on with the claim on the AC which is not yet completed and they have also followed that up with the vendor. Submitting claims online is easy, but if I want to deal with a specific vendor, I’ll call. When I do speak with them, they’re pretty courteous and quick to resolve issues. I would definitely recommend it.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I need protection of my house and so we've had TotalProtect for so many years. They take care of all of my needs and that is fine enough for me. I have no problem with submitting claims and they've always come through. I submit online and the process is very easy. When I call in, the customer service team is very friendly and professional. Also, the technicians are outstanding and the work performed is 100% quality. My overall experience with TotalProtect is superb and I would highly recommend them.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I was reading on getting a warranty. I got a brochure and a package from TotalProtect and it looked like what I wanted so that's why I went with them. The claims process has been easy and dealing with their reps has been good. They have good contractors and I'm totally satisfied with them.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

Somebody in my wife's work told her about TotalProtect. She knows they've done a real good job and since we were looking for a warranty we signed up for it. For the best part the contractors have been really good. But I've had one contractor for AC that was very terrible. The lady that's done that was trying to charge me for a whole lot of stuff that was not actually for work performed. She said that she had to cut us access in the attic. I said, "Okay," which was a lie. I knew better. I said if they have to remove anything in the attic and do anything extra above what is normal, I will be more than happy to pay the bill.

She came in and they didn't do any of it. They didn't change the electric switch for the fan. They charged me for where they split the copper and put it back together as being an extra joint. They still charged me $1,500 for tear-out of my sheetrock in my attic to take the air conditioner out but none of this was ever done. But TotalProtect stepped in and stood up to them. In the long run, I agreed to pay another $100 service call fee and let her get the hell out of my life. I would recommend TotalProtect. They are a wonderful company and I find the warranty very valuable. They just need to watch their contractors a little better.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

My husband had TotalProtect on his other house. They've always been good and reliable and he always had a good relation with them. Because I never know when things are gonna go down, I decided to get a TotalProtect home warranty. Submitting a claim with them has always been good. I call them, they get somebody out here, I pay my $125 and the techs fix it. They come in less than a week and they're always friendly and nice.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

It makes sense to protect yourself if something happens in the house. Appliances get broken and it’s expensive to replace them, so it’s better to pay something monthly than pay the whole thing at one time. I had Home Shield before I switched to TotalProtect Home Warranty. I called TotalProtect and I asked some questions about the air condition, and I decided to try them. Thankfully, I never had issues with my air conditioner. I’ve also been happy because a couple of times things have broken and they were repaired or replaced.

The only thing is it is hard to get to a live person when I call TotalProtect. With Home Shield, I had a live person to talk to right away. What is good with TotalProtect is the recording because sometimes I have to make my appointments with the automated, although I'm not sure that it goes through and it is just weird. I would like to speak to someone to explain my situation and make an appointment or to tell me what’s going on. Other than that, everything is good.

The reps are really good. They get my information and what the issue is. They sometimes put me on hold and they try to contact the technician. If they’re not able to, they give me their phone number and I get confirmation on my email, that they are assigning such place and that they will help me with our issue. That’s good because I usually get a call. However, the last time, something was broken outside of the house where the air conditioner is and it was over the weekend. It took us two days to get a technician, but it was understandable and it was a good experience.

The contractor was so professional. When I got the text, his picture was there for me to know who was gonna knock on my door. Right away, he asked what the issue was. I told him what it was and he went right outside, at the backyard, and looked at the air conditioning unit. He had the part that he would have to replace in his car, so he put it on and it was all done in 20 minutes. The unit has been working very well since the repair. I’m 100% happy with the quality of work performed in my home. I will recommend TotalProtect.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

TotalProtect Home Warranty offered insurance on the appliances, which no one else was offering but them. I have a current claim for my dryer. The person that came out to look at it was very professional. They weren't able to fix it but they gave me a refund in order to go out to look for another dryer. There was also a time they had my washing machine fixed. I used to call up my claims but now, it can be done on the internet. TotalHome is doing fine and they have to keep doing what they're doing. I would tell others to get the warranty.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I had a protection company before and I wasn't happy with them. I looked for another one and I found TotalProtect on the internet. I have submitted two claims. I went to their website, filled in the information and what appliance was broken. It was so easy. Whatever company was selected, they made a phone call, reached out to me, confirmed the appointment that I had scheduled online, and the technician came out. It's much different than the company that I had before.

My interactions with the technicians were awesome. The one for the plumbing called the next day and scheduled the appointment. He asked what the problem was when he came here. I explained it to him, then he did his thing and he was done in no time. It was also the same process for my other claim which was for the dryer. The technicians were on time and very professional. I'm happy so far and I will recommend TotalProtect.

5.00/5

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

I moved into my house in 2005. Now, I'm retired. I spent many years working in the insurance industry for insurance companies. Some insurance companies include a home warranty coverage option. When you buy their regular homeowner's insurance policy, you can also buy the home warranty coverage, so that gave me the idea that I should look into it when I bought my place here. Furthermore, realizing that we had central air and a gas furnace made me realize that I better make sure that I could prepare for some unexpected expenses and I better take advantage of this home warranty. One person mentioned to me about TotalProtect and something hit me to say I better check into it.

The claim process itself was very streamlined and very easy. The greatest thing about it is the fact that they have so many locally qualified providers that I don’t have to go hunting for somebody when my refrigerator breaks down or my air conditioner doesn’t work, which has happened several times. So, I called them, they gave me the name of the provider who’s available and the person was there on a day’s notice. That part of it works excellent.

Also, if I called around and tried to find somebody to fix my washing machine and they’re busy, they’re not gonna necessarily come tomorrow morning. But because I call TotalProtect and they have these people that they deal with constantly, they get a call to contact me. That repairperson is gonna jump on it and call me because he wants my business. I’m important to him, as opposed to somebody who looked him up on Google. TotalProtect sends him a lot of work. The best part was the providers being there at a moment’s notice and that they were very responsive in that regard.

The works they have done were amazing as well. All the providers were qualified and very efficient. Whatever they couldn’t immediately fix, they explained what happened and they came back and had to fix it because they had to get the parts. The whole compressor of my old washing machine went out and a couple of days later there was a new washing machine delivered. The people were also very good in their diagnosis, and right away, they followed through to make sure everything was properly working. It was a very thorough process.

There was only one experience over the years that I was dissatisfied, and it was a very unusual situation. Nevertheless, I would fully recommend them to anyone. I would definitely tell others that TotalProtect is something that they should buy. It’s a service that takes care of unplanned expenses, and also, gets them at the tip of their fingers every possible kind of repairperson fully qualified.

1.00/5

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I have had 3 interactions with this warranty company in the past year and NONE have been positive. Currently, my AC has been broken for 38 days. Thankfully, the company that came out rigged it to work without the disconnect box that burned up, but the company has yet to order the part and get it fixed correctly and EVERY SINGLE TIME I call they act like they have no idea what I'm talking about.
Also, when our AC went out and it was 105 degrees outside the representative told my husband that we could buy a window unit for under $200 and we would be reimbursed but of course NOW, they are denying that claim and stating that we did not get that purchase pre-authorized. LIARS!!! !

They will try to avoid paying EVERY claim. They also refused the cover the claim on our AC a year ago because they "don't cover that part"... It was the control board that controls the AC!!!! Are you kidding me? Save your money because these fools are a waste of time!

5.00/5

Original review: July 10, 2018

I switched to TotalProtect after my friend told me that it's the best company and it’s a bit cheaper too. I called to submit a claim and it was done the next or following day. Submitting a claim was a very good experience as well as dealing with their reps. The reps were able to answer all of my questions and acted right away to solve my problems. When my air conditioner went bad, one technician came and wrote so many stupid stuff and he didn’t wanna fix it. And so I asked for a second guy to do a second inspection, and he fixed it right away. I don’t have any problems with TotalProtect and each time I called them, they took care of things. I like my experience 100% and I recommend them.

5.00/5

Original review: July 7, 2018

I’ve been very happy with TotalProtect. They really stand behind what they say and deliver very quickly. I submit my claims over the phone, and they follow up and they have great customer service. Recently, they added a lot of text messages to their customer service where customers can just respond with a "yes or no" if the appointments have been completed or if another appointment is needed. And then they tell us they will follow up with us and they do.

5.00/5

Original review: June 8, 2018

With a home warranty, the monthly premium is far less than what it would cost if a major appliance or something went wrong in a home. It’s an insurance and I've been with TotalProtect Home Warranty for quite a while. Submitting a claim is quite simple. I can either pick up the phone and call or I can do it online. I’ve done both and both methods are very convenient and quick. If they continue to do what they’re doing, everybody should be happy as I am.

Also, I'm 100% satisfied with the quality of work of the technicians. The most recent technician I had was from 95 Door Repair. They came to fix my garage door and not only did the guy know what he was doing in making the repairs, he told me what to do to prevent any early wear and tear on the use of my garage door. And he did it very quickly. He was very professional, very friendly, and overall a very pleasant individual. Overall, TotalProtect is doing an outstanding job and if someone asks, I will strongly recommend that they use the service.

5.00/5

Original review: May 20, 2018

Two years ago, my whole heating system went and I talked several times with people at the TotalProtect customer service when I filed a claim. They were wonderful, making sure we got an energy-efficient heating system replacement. The guy they sent out filed for rebates and everything that we got. They were really very informative and I’ve never had a problem calling or filing a claim. I appreciate it. And then just recently, we had a water leak and we thought it was the radiator and the company TotalProtect sent was wonderful as well. They came out quickly and they diagnosed the problem and they came back within a week and repaired the whole thing.

Every couple of weeks, I get another company that wants my business. I just delete them. I’m not changing. Everything we’ve had done with TotalProtect Home Warranty has been very good. If you get good service, you keep good service. In fact, my brother has purchased a home near ours in another town and he’s only a couple of years into his home, but we’re talking about telling him to get TotalProtect for his house too.

5.00/5

Original review: May 17, 2018

I had a home kitchen redone and I was interested in getting a policy. So I went online and did a marketing survey. TotalProtect Home Warranty came out on top. They had more to offer. They had $1000 for the deductible on the house and now, they've reduced it to $500. I don’t appreciate that because I had that in the beginning and that was one reason I went with them. But they do take care of Samsung appliances. They fixed my stove and my refrigerator. They just put the ice maker in and they fixed the fan three times. It was not cooling and water was going in but now it's fixed. The dishwasher took us a while to get fixed but finally we got the heating element in. This last time, they did all three at one time for the $100 deductible. I have paid $100 several other times on other stuff though.

You can get more than one done on one call but you have to have it set up for the appliances all at one time and have them listed out. To submit a claim, you can do it online or call them in. I've called mine in because I'm usually computer-oriented but I do not like their online program. Most of the website is not flowing smoothly. I figured I had a problem too though. I was trying to pay monthly and they have me setup for yearly. They're making me pay the whole amount at one time. They changed systems over while I've been using them so it's been an experience. Plus when I did the $47, the $49 came back in and I didn't think that was wise. They charged me two extra bucks to do it online. We used to get a discount for doing things online.

That aside, I like TotalProtect and I'm very happy with them. I would highly recommend them. My appliances are going but I'm not having to buy another $3200 fan for my refrigerator. My appliance is stainless steel and I want it to stay that way. They can fix crap inside of them. And when I had a brand new bathroom put in, I had to re-put my commode in but something broke in and all of a sudden, water was dripping out. So we called them up and technicians came in and fixed it that day. I didn't like one of the technicians in the beginning but I love all of them now.

5.00/5

Original review: May 10, 2018

I've been really pleased with TotalProtect Home Warranty. The claim submission has been very good and their reps are prompt. But if I call customer service in the afternoon I'll get put on hold. Maybe they are closed and I wish it would say because I wait on hold for a long time. Nobody came on and it just kept playing music so I finally had to hang up. I'm in Arizona and they're probably in Eastern time. I call back in the morning and I usually get through right away.

When I signed up my son I was wanting to make sure it was gonna be coming out through my account because when they closed, the mortgage company put their own home warranty on and we told them we want to go with TotalProtect. So they took that $400 and applied it to TotalProtect and then wanted to make sure that it was gonna start coming out of my bank account. There was a bit of a problem with that, but overall, it's fine now.

The companies that TotalProtect uses had been really good and I've been pleased with them. On the other hand, they could not come out for my kitchen sink because I didn't have faucet extra-coverage on. I ended up getting a new faucet and Able Plumbing came out. I had them do my bathroom too because my toilet was leaking and I was real pleased with that as well. I referred my boss and he signed up. Also my son and his fiancee bought a house and I signed him up. I recommended TotalProtect to my friend and they're gonna be signing up, too.

5.00/5

Original review: April 22, 2018

I’ve had a home warranty for years. We had it first for the appliances. But now, TotalProtect has a maintenance program where they come out once a year for the different appliances, plumbing and electrical things. Whenever I submit a claim the reps call right back. And if the first company who comes can’t fix the problem, TotalProtect selects the second company to come out. I submit the claim both over the phone and online but the phone is easier than online. So I’d rather do the phone and talk to a person. The reps know what they are talking about and how to get the service I need and the questions that I ask were answered.

My husband was around when the first technician came out. But I was referred to another one. Both technicians were ahead of time. They were the first one on the list and were there right away. The second time the technician came, he didn’t call first and was at the door. But otherwise, everything was fine and they did a good job. The quality of work performed was very good and I will refer people asking to TotalProtect.

5.00/5

Original review: April 21, 2018

I’ve had TotalProtect Home Warranty for a while. Their price was good and I liked the stuff they offered like the deductible on a homeowner insurance when we have a claim. They have excellent service. When I get a claim, I submit a claim online to get the contractor schedule and they are on the spot, I don’t have to wait. On the other hand, the technicians were very friendly, very down-to-earth and they talked to me. They explained things, and they got things done. Overall, the quality of work performed was excellent.

5.00/5

Original review: April 6, 2018

I’ve happened to ask TotalProtect to assist me on a few occasions, and they have been good. At the latest time, they appointed a technician to come out in no time at all. It was for my heating and the guy did his job and I paid the deductible. When I have a problem, I call TotalProtect on the phone and their response is good. So far, so good. And hopefully, it won’t change. I’ve been with them for a few years and I haven't had a problem.