3.16/5
based on 803 ratings
Read more reviews
5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

It’s pretty expensive when stuff breaks, so I’d rather get a warranty and pay $125 than $4,000. And TotalProtect seemed to cover more stuff compared to other places. I usually go online to submit a claim with them and their website is pretty simple to navigate. Then the contractor called me that afternoon and he came the next day. It was great dealing with him. Having this warranty is very valuable for me and I’ll tell my friends to check TotalProtect out.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

TotalProtect Home Warranty was very responsive and they took good care of me. I submitted my claim online and navigating through their website was easy. The contractor that they sent did a good job, and he seemed very confident and nice.

5.00/5

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

My experience with TotalProtect Home Warranty was great. I usually go on the website or I call the 800 number to submit a claim but I don’t like to talk to any automated stuff. I always bypass that to speak to an actual person and I set up the appointment through that person. I tell the reps what is broken and they usually look and see when they’ve got an opening and they get me in. So it’s usually quick. I’ve never had to wait very long to get somebody else to fix it. My experience with the technicians who come here is also pretty good. Usually I give them a rundown of what broke, show them where it’s at and just let them work. The quality of their work is good too. Everything that has been fixed has stayed working so far, which is good. We’ll tell our friends to definitely get TotalProtect to save money in the long run.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I switched from American Home Shield to TotalProtect Home Warranty and I'm satisfied. I could go online or call in to file a claim but I'm old school, as far as messing with the computer and I don’t mess around with it too much. I call my claims in and they’ve been taken care of. Also, when they email, they send a picture of the technician that’s coming out.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

We’re well pleased with TotalProtect's services thus far. Most recently, we weren’t able to let the water out of our bathtub and the contractor that they sent for that was superb, very friendly and informative.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

There was an issue with the chimney and I filed a claim for it with TotalProtect Home Warranty. They sent people out who checked into it and got the thing to work.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I’ve been using TotalProtect Home Warranty for about six years and they're very timely with getting things done and it's not a complicated process. We usually have to schedule an appointment with the service provider and that can take about a day but they're prompt, efficient and quality people. Waiting for a part can be a trauma though, but it depends on what the part is. Sometimes, it’s a long process and I have to constantly follow up with the folks to come back out. The worst case has been about 10 days. 10 days without a stove is bad but normally, it would only take about two days. Also, there was one situation where they have to come out for a third time but normally, I don’t have to call them back time after time and I don’t have to pay the deductible again when they come out for the same thing in a short period of time. Overall, I’m satisfied with TotalProtect Home Warranty.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I've had TotalProtect for several years and I have been very pleased with them. I go online or over the phone whenever I submit a claim, but it is easier for me to do it by phone. They sometimes send different companies and I have always been pleased with them. The work performed for my recent claim in my rental property in New Jersey was good.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I’ve had TotalProtect for about four years now and when I call them up, their people are kind and courteous. They also react very quickly. They call the service people at the right time, make the appointments and do everything they’re supposed to do. I had a claim with them where they had a plumber come out, and he was fast and did a good job. We also had a refrigerator claim where somebody came in and did all the problems there. With my latest claim, however, their contractor just doesn’t seem to be able to react or fix the issue with my furnace on a complete basis. The problem started in January when it wouldn’t come on. They cleaned some flame things on the machine and it ran for almost a month, then all of a sudden, it went out a week ago. The contractor came out, looked at it and said that it needed a safety switch. They came back the next day with the safety switch and put it in.

That was on Feb 6th, and today it’s the same problem again. It’s not registering or working. It’s cold at home since the heater is not working, and we have some things we have to do, so this has caused shifting around a lot of things for me that I didn’t think I’d have to worry about. I hope I get the heat, but I’m not excited about the company that’s trying to fix my heater. TotalProtect should be careful about who they partner with and check them out closely. They might wanna go looking somewhere else.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

We have a lot of appliances and getting a warranty made sense with all the things that could come up. Submitting a claim with TotalProtect has been easy, but my father was debating back and forth on whether or not the warranty is worth it. One time when he called, there was some misunderstanding. They were saying it was pretty high for them to have somebody come out and repair our faucet. They thought it was a waterline but it was just the faucet. So, that was iffy. But other than that, we’ve had good success with TotalProtect and an easy and smooth experience.

When we had the issue with the faucet, we had to turn the water off in that area. TotalProtect wasn't able to get anybody here, so we ended up having to go with an outside company. Also, when we had our washing machine leaking, we had somebody out within two days. However, we had a hard time getting somebody to come out and we had to pay out of pocket for that. Other than that, the technicians that have come to the home fixed everything that was broken, so it has been great.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

We've been in this house since 1996 and we've had TotalProtect almost the whole time so that we wouldn't have to pay out of pocket so much. Things are done so smoothly when we submit a claim. I usually do it on the phone. It's very efficient and fast, and everybody has been friendly. The reps have been very helpful, and our interactions have been perfect. Through the years, we've had issues with our old washing machine and dryer, and the contractors that have come out were able to fix the problem. Just recently, we had somebody out to fix the issues with the ice maker in our refrigerator. The contractors have been wonderful, and the quality of their work is a 100%. All in all, it has been a great experience with TotalProtect. They're reliable and efficient. We're glad we have them and we'll keep them on.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Submitting a claim with TotalProtect is not difficult at all and I do it over the phone. I filed a claim for my dryer and another for some work on my showers and toilet. The technicians who came out here were very pleasant. They fixed one of the showers and the toilet. But they had a problem with the other shower that was leaking. I called the other day, and they said they were having a problem getting something. I haven’t heard anything yet but other than that, everything seems to be fine right now.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

My home was built in 1970 and we bought it three years ago. We put in a new dishwasher, new stove, new washer and dryer and refrigerator. We also bought the top-of-the-line Samsung appliances. Those are very expensive if I was to replace them and if one fails, that’ll be a lot of money to fix. So, having a warranty is very valuable. My experience when I submit a claim to TotalProtect has been very positive. I do it over the phone and I normally have very good experience with their claims rep.

When we had Sears come out to work on our washer and dishwasher, the first technician never diagnosed anything. He just came in and told us that we needed a new motor and a new washer for the dishwasher. He also said that we needed new tubs for the washer. We went for 45 days without a dishwasher before we ever had someone to come back out to fix it. And when a service technician came out to put the motor in the dishwasher, he told us that there was nothing wrong with the motor. He said that it got some debris buildup on the disposal section of the dishwasher. So, he didn’t have to put a motor in it. He cleaned up the disposal and put a new disposal blade on the dishwasher motor.

It was the same with the washer that we just got fixed in late January. The service technicians came out to put the new drums on it because they had problems getting one drum. They pulled the washer out and told us there was nothing wrong with the drums and that we don’t need them. It just needed to be tightened back up. The technician tightened up the mounting bolt that holds the front load washer drum in place and that’s all it needed. While the first technician that came out didn't do anything, he just ordered the parts that were unneeded. Other than that, TotalProtect is one of the best warranty companies.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I recommend TotalProtect because it helps out in the long run. I usually call them and they're very polite and helpful, and they always make sure they get everything on our claim. Plus, they ask if I have any other problems I'd like to discuss with them, and all seem to go very smooth. The techs are also very polite, and they answer any questions I might have. They seem to be very proficient in their work. They do all the checking and testing that they have to determine what the problem is.

We only had trouble with one who didn't seem to have too much of a grasp on what he was doing. We had reported that our refrigerator was acting up and when he came, he said that we just needed to reset it, which was unplugging and plugging it back in. It worked, but he didn't seem to test anything. He just said that would do it, and he left. That very evening, it did the same thing and went out. We called again and TotalProtect sent a technician out who right away checked a few things, and he determined it was the thermostat. He replaced it 'cause he had one on his truck, and it's worked fine ever since.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

Submitting claims with TotalProtect Home Warranty works out extremely well. The contractors that they’ve sent out have been excellent. They were very prompt, efficient and they really knew what they were doing.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I had a issue with the air conditioning unit and TotalProtect made arrangements, then they came out in a few days. The tech explained to me what the problem was. He went outside, looked at the air conditioning unit, came back in a few minutes later and said that it was a capacitor. It was a minor repair and he was done in about a half hour. It was an excellent experience. I had a neighbor who was looking for this type of coverage, and I gave them the flyer I received from TotalProtect.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

Home warranty is just one of those things you get in case you have a problem. It's a new house and we're new homeowners. Recently, I've done claims submissions with TotalProtect over the phone and I've really not had a problem. I've always been told to call the contractors then they set up a time with me. And I've been satisfied with them.

4.00/5

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

We've been with TotalProtect for more than 10 years, and we used it nine times since the time we've had it. They were very prompt and each time, they were very quick about giving us a name of the people coming out to correct an issue. The technicians took care of the problems and did not need to come back on the same problem.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

When you don’t have insurance, you have to pay a lot of money to replace or repair an appliance. So I’d rather have one to protect my appliances. I compared between different warranty companies, and I liked the benefits that TotalProtect was offering at that time. I submit claims with them over the phone. And most of the time, their associates who handle customer service were very good. They listen to me and they go out of their way to help me.

When I had a claim for the refrigerator, a contractor came out and looked at it. After a week, I had the same problem. I called TotalProtect and they told me to call the contractor back, which I did. But he said that he couldn’t do anything about it. I wasn’t very happy with him. Then I called TotalProtect back and forth, and they found a couple of other contractors in my area. However, nobody wanted to come out because they were supposed to do it for free because it was a six-month warranty on it. Then there was this one guy that I called and was ready to come out. He came out and he told TotalProtect what was the problem. And it was finally solved.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

TotalProtect's prices were reasonable. When I submit a claim with them, they take care of it right away. There’s no runaround. I usually do it over the phone and the process is simple.

4.00/5

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I've been with TotalProtect for several years now and my experience as a whole has been very good. Initially, we had a problem with my microwave that caught fire. When I called TotalProtect regarding it, they told me that they don't cover the problem if it is a fire. While I was a little disappointed with them, I went back and read my policy, and that’s what it said. So, that was my fault.

Nevertheless, I got a new furnace through the warranty and I've had them handle the garbage disposal. The techs they send out have been very good. Most of them have been out of Winston Salem, Advanced Appliances, and I’ve been very satisfied. I felt very good about the quality of their work. With my furnace, that was a big expense for them and at the end of my contract year, my insurance jumped to about $9 a month. Still, I think that was the proper recourse.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

My water heater sprung a leak on thurs. I called Total Protect and set up a claim. The person I talked to took my info. Her name was Melissa , she was very helpful and set me up with Master Plumbing in Bradenton,fla.I called them and set up an appointment for the next day for an early time. Howard the assigned plumber call around 8:30 and said he would be here in a half hour.He showed up on time and inspected my heater.He called for the approval and it took about 20 minutes.Howard went and got the correct heater and returned and did the install. It took about an hour and then he took the old heater. Howard was very professional and a very nice person.I feel he did a great job and I would highly recommend them to others that need a plumber. I have dealt with a lot of contractors in the past and this was the best experience I have ever had. THANKS TOTAL PROTECT AND MASTER PLUMBING AND HOWARD.

Ken **

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I had American Shield before and TotalProtect had a cheaper premium, and I liked that. I submitted a claim online. I called and the rep walked me through how to do it. I was told by email that the vendor was gonna come within two days. They should make sure everybody is on the same page as far as when the vendor is gonna show up because it ended up taking five days. But the vendor was very polite, proficient and knowledgeable. Everything has been working fine since and I'm very happy.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I call TotalProtect to file a claim and then a representative sends me an agent. The agent calls me when they're coming out, sets up an appointment and the claim is taken care of. The techs who come are very knowledgeable, courteous and they finish the job. I've been with TotalProtect for five years now and I hope they keep on having a good service.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I've been with TotalProtect Home Warranty for 10 years now and I would recommend them. I'd call-in whenever I have a claim and they would call me back and tell me who'd be coming. A repair company would then come and do the work. The techs that I've dealt with have been great and if they had to get parts, they came back out.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I've had a good experience when submitting a claim with TotalProtect. The only thing is that their deductible is so high. I used to have them at $25, it's now $75. But their customer service is great. Their reps are knowledgeable. They also take their time and do all they can to help me. I’m an upbeat person, and the contractors and I usually talk about the Lord. So, I built a good relationship with them.

The quality of the work done depends on who I get. TotalProtect sent someone out one time, and I finally said, “No, I don’t want that person anymore.” Some of the companies are new and they are not knowledgeable. And so, I don't really get workers that are the best quality of work sometimes. Nevertheless, there are big things that break down, such as my air conditioner, my refrigerator and my stove. Everybody needs a warranty and it's worth having.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I submit claims with TotalProtect over the phone and sometimes there's a little problem with the claims process. We live in an area now that doesn't have a lot of people to choose from. So when TotalProtect tells them to call, or for us to call the person, sometimes they don't work for TotalProtect anymore. But their reps are a big help and are very good. When our hot water tank went bad, the rep couldn't find anybody that would come out to our area to do anything. So he asked if we knew of anybody, and I said, "Yeah, I have a plumber that I know of." I called the plumber, and he came to the house, and then he talked to TotalProtect's representative. They agreed on everything. My plumber did the repair, and everything was fine. The only thing I had to do was that I had to pay my plumber first and get a reimbursement.

We've only had two techs that TotalProtect was able to provide. The rest of them, we had to find our own. The ones that TotalProtect provided did a good job.

A guy came and fixed our dryer. The belt broke, and he came out the next day. He was here for 20 minutes. And then he was done putting the belt on, put it back together, and it was running fine. So far, TotalProtect is a good outfit and that's why we keep it. There have been other outfits that call, saying that they would do the same thing, but why should I change? I've been with TotalProtect for 25 years and would recommend them to a friend.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

TotalProtect is very good and I have recommended them various times. When I submit a claim with them, I do it on the phone and I've had very good interactions with their claims rep. They are able to get contractors to our property within the next day, then I tell the contractor what’s wrong. The contractors are very good, although there are some that are better than others as far as their job performance. Other than that, having TotalProtect has been very valuable since appliances are like people.

4.00/5

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

Submitting a claim with TotalProtect has been quick and easy. I usually do it over the phone and it usually get resolved and addressed quickly. Moreover, their claims reps are very professional, courteous and understanding. In the three years I've been with the company, two days has been my longest wait for a contractor. When they get here, they let us know what they found and if they have to order a part. They also let us know what the turnaround is.

4.00/5

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I've had TotalProtect Home Warranty for 6 years and they have been okay. I file my claim through the telephone and their reps have been very courteous and professional. The technicians they've sent have been outstanding as well. But TotalProtect needs to speed up the process because sometimes it takes forever to get the authorization. The technicians have to wait too long, and it’s very inconvenient for them and the homeowner.