4.22/5
based on 804 ratings
Read more reviews
5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

I submitted a claim to TotalProtect when my furnace needed some work done on it. The person that took the call was very helpful and made me feel at ease, letting me know that someone would come out. Within a couple of days, their techs came out from Sears and repaired my furnace. The service person was helpful in explaining what went wrong. It was a very easy process. I'm thankful to have TotalProtect. They're a very reliable company and what they advertise is what they do.

Original review: May 21, 2020

When I filed a claim for the motor fan, everything went well with the claims process. However, something was loose and the contractor had to come back twice. He came back right away the next day and tightened it up.

Original review: May 21, 2020

Our claim for the dishwasher went fine. The tech did his job and he did it well.

Original review: May 20, 2020

My hot water heater was leaking one time. Submitting a claim to Cinch Home was easy. They assigned ResidentialMD to us so we had someone from there check it out. They determined that my heater needed to be replaced and got everything ordered for us. They did the replacement as well. They were perfect and I highly recommend Residential MD to others.

Original review: May 20, 2020

I've been with Cinch Home for years and I've been very pleased with them. Last year, our thermostat acted up and we had a new one installed. Everything has been on point.

Original review: May 20, 2020

I've been with Cinch Home for close to 10 years now. Most of the time, things are fantastic. I make a quick phone call or get on their site if there's something wrong and they schedule an immediate appointment with a contractor. Their tech comes out and assesses what my situation is. If he can fix it right there, he does. Sometimes, he has to order some parts which is also okay.

The one time they ever ran into a bump in the road was for my mini-fridge. I called Cinch and their contractor came out but then they didn't do mini-fridges. There was a miscommunication in setting up the appointment in the first place. I've never had a problem scheduling with Cinch's contractors, even when they have to come back twice for a piece of equipment. They have always done a nice job. Things are seamless.

Original review: May 19, 2020

Years ago, I had a shower leak and it cost me money. My brother said that I should get a home warranty for my house. From that point, that was what I did. I usually use Cinch Home Services about once a year for something and I’ve been fine with it. I've used it for a garbage disposal, for a microwave, for the igniter on the heater, and about three times for the air conditioner. That’s about six items and so far it has been even Steven, paying the monthly amount versus the return on investment. The thing is if something major goes, it’s insurance. All of the contractors have been experienced people. The last one I had was a few weeks ago for the air conditioner capacitor going out. He was good with the Covid thing, the facemask, and standing away. I also really liked this one plumber that came out.

Original review: May 19, 2020

My mortgage company contracted with Cinch to provide a whole house warranty, everything in the house that can have something go wrong, including water, furnace, air conditioning, refrigerators, microwaves, for one price. I went with that and I'm perfectly satisfied so far. Our microwave stopped working and it was a matter of an electrical part. The technician came out, diagnosed it, and within a couple of days, the part was shipped to my house. He was back three days later and installed the part. It's been working perfectly ever since. He was very competent in his abilities, efficient, went right to the problem, and diagnosed it perfectly. I'm very happy with the service so far.

Original review: May 19, 2020

Recently, we submitted a claim to Cinch for our refrigerator. We had a hard time getting that taken care of. There were seven or eight attempts with different companies. Some would come two or three times and then Cinch would send a new one. But, it was always the same problem. The last guy they sent finally got our issue resolved. It was like a nightmare. We've never had any issue with Cinch up until our refrigerator claim. All of our other issues were taken care of in a timely manner. The whole thing was out of their hands. The contractors who kept coming out were changing the same part over and over again. Still, things got straightened out.

Original review: May 18, 2020

The most recent claim that I had was for the garage door opener and the contractors that came out were good.

Original review: May 18, 2020

We had our AC fixed through Cinch Home Services. Submitting the claim was a simple and straightforward process. I thought it would take a long time but it didn't. The tech took four or five days to get to our place but that was not too bad and he was fantastic. He did a super job and had us all fixed up. I'm very satisfied with my decision to go with Cinch.

Original review: May 17, 2020

Cinch Home Services' reviews were why I decided to go with them. My claims experience with them has been okay and the contractors have been fine.

Original review: May 17, 2020

We had Cinch Home Services before into our mortgage and it was a deal that was offered at the mortgage company at the time. Then, our mortgage company got taken over by another mortgage company, so they weren't doing it anymore. We had to get the warranty on our own, so we just contacted them and set up a plan the way we have it done each month where the payment is taken out of our bank account. So far, everything seems to go perfectly with Cinch Home.

Recently, something burned up in our AC unit outside and we submitted a claim. The techs couldn't come out sooner than they did but it was not a big deal. It wasn't like we were burning up and they couldn't have done anything if they wanted to. At the time, we just had a bad storm and we were without electricity for two days. But as soon as we notified them that the electricity was back on, they set up an appointment and the techs came out. They replaced the part so that it would work and got everything done.

Original review: May 17, 2020

Submitting a claim with Cinch Home Services is easy. If there’s a problem, we call them and they contact one of the companies that they have. They give them our address and stuff, then they call us and schedule a time. So far, we've had claims for the AC and the refrigerator, which the techs fixed a couple of times. They also came out a couple of times for the dishwasher because for some reason, when it finished the last cycle, the water wasn’t going out. It was staying in the dishwasher. So, the techs came and fixed that.

So far, the service of the contractors who came out was good. But I don’t like that after you pay that monthly service to Cinch Home, when the techs come out, you still have to pay them again out of your pocket. And the price started off as $75, then it went up to 100. And now, it’s $125 and I don't like that because if you don’t have that money when something goes wrong, then you can’t get the service. But it would be worse if you didn’t have the warranty and you have to pay somebody when they come to do a job. All in all, I love this service. With Cinch Home, you don’t have to worry about finding somebody in the phonebook. You also know that they investigate these people that they send out, so you don't have to worry if they're reputable or not.

Original review: May 16, 2020

I wanted the extra protection in case I needed it and I got a warranty from Cinch Home Services. Their website is very good and really easy to follow when filing service requests. Recently, I had a claim and they handled it really well. They gave me exactly what I needed and I was connected with the right people. They just pushed me right on through. Getting someone has also been quick with Cinch Home. One time, I called them and on the same day, I was connected with a contractor. Their policy is, I could call the person or I could wait until they called me, and at the time, I called the techs and they came out.

At first, they had to look at the problem. They were nice and polite. They also explained to me exactly what was wrong and what it was gonna take to repair it. Then they had to get a part, but they said it was covered. And at the time that they did, they telephoned me before they came. The whole thing was really good and now, everything's back to normal.

Original review: May 16, 2020

About a month ago, our toilet needed to be fixed and the tech who came was really nice. He fixed the toilet that day. It’s nice having coverage with Cinch Home Services.

Original review: May 16, 2020

I like Cinch Home Services' reaction and that customer support is excellent. I provide the information they need and they assign the right technician. They also do the follow-up.

Original review: May 15, 2020

Being a landlord is not easy and I intend to keep my warranty with Cinch Home Services as long as I have these rental properties. Recently, I called them to have the washer and dryer inspected and they sent out Sears. The technician was great and I was totally satisfied with them.

Original review: May 15, 2020

When we had problems, Cinch Home Services corrected it. Recently, our air conditioning's compressor needed to be replaced. They sent out the company they deal with and the contractor made the recommendation to replace it. Cinch wound up doing it. At one time, they also replaced the air conditioning unit's coil. The garbage disposal, they replaced that with the same thing we had. With everything going on, a particular claim took a little longer, but it got done. Moreover, the repairman was in touch with us and he kept us up to date.

3.00/5

Original review: May 15, 2020

It’s nice to have the insurance and be able to call when something goes out but we can’t pick the company that comes out, Cinch chooses the company that comes out. We live in Las Vegas and the air conditioner went out in 110-degree heat. They called a company to come out but their guy said he couldn’t climb the roof because it’s on the second floor. And then another one gave us three days out. That part has not been a very good experience.

We haven’t had a ton of stuff go out, but we've had to use them primarily for our AC unit. Now, we have a preventative plan. We called about a month ago before it got hot here. And they called the company and they were wonderful. The company came out right away and tested everything. It was low on Freon. They put the Freon in and everything was working fine. We’ve had some companies Cinch contracts with that have been excellent and we've had some that have been awful. They call and say they’re gonna show up but they never do and it would get rescheduled. Or when they do come out, they are not very nice. But generally, the work is good. Once they get out here, everything always gets resolved in a matter of time.

Original review: May 14, 2020

It’s been fantastic ever since I got Cinch and the contractors do great when I have problems. I had a problem with one. They gave me two dates they were gonna show up and they never did. They canceled on both. I contacted Cinch and they sent somebody else who was out within a couple of days.

Original review: May 14, 2020

I thought getting a home warranty would be cheaper as opposed to doing it the conventional way and I am happy I did. Cinch Home Services' claims process is easy and I'm happy with their contractors.

Original review: May 13, 2020

Over the past 10 years I've been with Cinch Home, I've liked their prompt service. They usually have a quick turnaround time and all their contractors have been excellent. Even the process of making a claim is easy and efficient online.

Original review: May 13, 2020

We had one guy come out to the house and he was very nice. In fact, he was going to come back and take a look at it. I guess he was in the area and he stopped by. But I told him no and that it is working fine now. I didn’t want him to do something he didn’t have to. For that claim, I had called the company and the company gave me the name of the repairman then I called him and he told me when he was gonna come out. But the fee used to be $100 though. Now, it’s $125 and that’s going up. I know the cost of everything goes up though.

Original review: May 12, 2020

Cinch has been perfect. When I put a claim in, they automatically sends something back to me and then they help me set up the appointment to have someone come out here and take a look at something. The last thing was the oven microwave, which went bad, and the gentleman that came out was fabulous. He was so nice and respectful. It was right in the middle of this stuff happening so he wore a mask and he had things on his shoes. It was really nice. He also wiped down everything he touched. Then the guys that came in and installed the new thing were fabulous too. We’ve never had a bad experience with any of our repairmen that have come in through Cinch. I also like it that as soon as you notify them, you’re constantly getting emails asking if everything is okay and providing something so that they can get back to you if not.

Original review: May 12, 2020

Everything has been good during my time with Cinch Home has been good. Customer service reps have worked and helped me out. They have made sure that I get everything I need. When I called a problem in, the reps took care of what my problem was. The techs though said that they weren't coming until the Coronavirus is over with. Still, this is just a minor issue.

3.00/5

Original review: May 11, 2020

If I have a problem or stuff break down, I write and pay a deductible. I don't have to spend a lot of money out of pocket. Some of the contractors Cinch has sent out have been good and some, not so good. When I run into contractors like that, I call and let a representative know I wasn't really happy with the service. Also, communication could be improved. And they could let us see what the technicians write up that they turn into Cinch about what problem was fixed because I've had someone come out here and really didn't do anything the first time. And they had to come back out a month later for the same issue.

2.00/5

Original review: May 11, 2020

I was a Cinch customer, then I went to someone else, and then I came back to them. Submitting claims has kinda been okay. The reason why I left was because you gotta go through too many steps. I had called to have someone come out to look at the garage because allegedly it was covered but when talking to the person, I was told because the garage wasn’t connected, it was not covered. I told the person it was not what the plan indicates.

I'm debating on going back with the other company but it’s my husband that says stick with them. I feel like it’s too much of a hassle when you try to call to schedule, then they give you a number to call the vendor to schedule the appointment. Why am I calling them directly if I gotta turn around and call someone. The process to me is not that great. Lately, I've been calling other people even though I pay for this. My results are quicker just by going through Angie's List.

I wanted to replace my front door. We have an iron screen and then the actual front door. I just called and when the guy came out, he was saying we gotta take down the screen to measure the door and once they took the screen down and put the door up, we were saying, “Well, who’s putting back the screen?” It was like we’re supposed to provide someone to put the screen back on. If you take off a screen door and put up a regular front door, why would I hire someone else to put the screen door back on that you just took off? That doesn’t make sense. We’re disappointed but we’re still a member.

Original review: May 11, 2020

When we call Cinch, we don't have to wait a long time to get service. Submitting claims has also been a straightforward process. The last time we called, we did our air conditioning maintenance through them. The techs who have come out so far have been professional, courteous and on time. They wear masks too. So far, being with Cinch has been good for us.

5.00/5

Original review: May 10, 2020

I called in a claim for a leak to Cinch Home Services and I was so surprised when their reps said that they could get someone to come between 12:00 and 5:00 that day. The contractor called me around 4 and said that the tech was not gonna be able to make it by 5:00 and asked if it was okay to come between 6:00 and a certain time. Michael, the tech sent, called me to say he was on the way to address our leak. A little bit after 6:00, he came and he was very nice and knowledgeable. He looked at the leak and said it was our garbage disposal that was leaking and that it had rusted out. He replaced our garbage disposal with a new one and the replacement has been working fine.