3.69/5
based on 976 ratings
Read more reviews
5.00/5

Original review: April 2, 2019

I went with TotalProtect instead of the other companies and I'm very satisfied with my decision. They seemed to have a better plan for me. They are very good in getting whichever company I might need. The last issue I had was when a company that they had secured never contacted me. When I called TotalProtect back, they got another company right away that came right out to service my home. Their reps were very responsive and friendly.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

It’s pretty expensive when stuff breaks, so I’d rather get a warranty and pay $125 than $4,000. And TotalProtect seemed to cover more stuff compared to other places. I usually go online to submit a claim with them and their website is pretty simple to navigate. Then the contractor called me that afternoon and he came the next day. It was great dealing with him. Having this warranty is very valuable for me and I’ll tell my friends to check TotalProtect out.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

TotalProtect Home Warranty was very responsive and they took good care of me. I submitted my claim online and navigating through their website was easy. The contractor that they sent did a good job, and he seemed very confident and nice.

Original review: May 11, 2019

It’s always been fine with TotalProtect Home Warranty. When submitting a claim, it's fast. It’s a nuisance to have to push all the buttons, but that’s with anything you do nowadays, so it doesn’t really matter. But pretty much, they’re pretty good. And it’s easy. They had given me one fella who I didn’t like, so I called them back. They took care of it immediately and got me another company to come out who was much better. That technician who I didn’t like looked at my oven and he said he was gonna have to do this and that. And I told him to check the electronic ignition. And he did. That was when I called TotalProtect back and told them I didn’t want that guy. The representative who helped me was very attentive, understanding and sorry, and immediately got me another company. Throughout the years I’ve been with TotalProtect, they’ve always been very helpful.

Original review: May 11, 2019

On submitting a claim, I call TotalProtect's 800 number. It’s an automated system and as long as I have my policy number and address, it's 24 hours and then, they get back to me. Being automated is no problem as long as the second call is from an actual person. I had two different technicians for a claim. I had a tech to come out and diagnose the problem and then, we had some more techs to come out and do the actual work. They were from two different companies. The first guy was from Sears and he was very knowledgeable. He and I talked and he diagnosed what the problem was. He called back and let TotalProtect know what needed to be done. But at that time, he said he doesn't do any installation. He said it was someone else that would come out to do the installation.

The installers were kinda slow. Also, I needed to explain to them what they were replacing. I wanted it to be of the same value and of the same kind, if possible. I had a slight issue with that because the brand they put in is called Payne and I had a Trane system in my house. Going from Trane to Payne is like going from a Porsche to a Volkswagen. The Trane I had was almost 20 years old and I’ve read the reviews on Payne and they weren’t good at all. It's like an economy or a cheap-ass model. It’s doing what it’s supposed to do but I’m looking at the quality for down the road. However, that was what was put back in there and I didn't fight it. If you come to do your job, I’m gonna let you do your job. The unit was substandard to what was taken out as a brand but time will tell on that. Other than that, they were good installers. They knew exactly what they were doing.

3.00/5

Original review: May 10, 2019

We’ve been with TotalProtect for 15 years and our overall experience with them has been really good. Most of the time, we don’t have an issue with them. But sometimes the process can get lengthy, like when we did our garage door opener. That took a while and it seemed like it took 6 weeks. I opened the ticket, they sent out a service provider, then that service provider came out and said that they didn't give replacements. They said our unit had to be replaced and they only do service so they couldn't handle it. Then TotalProtect said that the claim was completed but I told them that it wasn't. There was a lot of back and forth for three weeks to finally get it escalated so that they would put it in the hands of another provider that would work on that. Ultimately, the garage door opener wound up getting replaced and they paid for it. The technician also did a good job. But it was six weeks with no functioning garage door and that was a little irritating.

Aside from that, one time, we also kinda had an issue with our air conditioner replacement. So, if you get into any kind of replacement or if it’s a big ticket item, the process seems to take a lot longer. But as far as just general repairs, when they did our garbage disposal or our toilet rings, we don’t have too much trouble with that. Other than that, I submit my claims online which is easy then usually, I just hear directly from the service person or I call the service person. We’ve also had good technicians so far.

Original review: May 10, 2019

Someone who has TotalProtect referred me to the company. There been a few bumps but TotalProtect makes sure that whatever I was calling about was definitely being serviced. That's what I like about them. They stick with you through the long haul and that shows their quality. There were a couple of times that they should not have used a company that they referred me to and I expressed that to them. They got someone else and it all turned out well. Overall, they've really been good. I had service on the garbage disposal, my refrigerator, and some plumbing stuff. TotalProtect always put someone. In fact, anytime I have a plumbing issue, I'm pleased to use the same company that they've been referring out to me. That has worked out very well.

My last experience was my refrigerator and unfortunately, I had to have four people. It was the last one that came out that really found the problem. That was really where my highest level of frustration came that I just could not believe that the incident was not found out. Each time if someone came, they said it was being fixed and it was all fine. But by the next day, the same problem was still back. But the fourth person really broke the refrigerator down and thought he fixed it. But when I called and he came back, he did something a little different that no one did before and that ended up fixing the refrigerator.

TotalProtect is a wonderful company that's why I'm using them. In my case, if something wasn't fixed, I had no problem calling back. That's what it's really all about. You keep pushing and insisting what needs to be done until you get something fixed. At some point, because I was frustrated, I told TotalProtect that if they couldn't fix the refrigerator, they needed to just give me one simply for the fact that I have my father who is an elderly senior. I am his caregiver and we keep a lot of medication in the refrigerator.

But with the way my kitchen is configured, I was really hoping not to get a new refrigerator because I would have to have a little bit more space. I was glad that in the end, the refrigerator was fixed. It was just the point in any situation, you are the consumer, you're expecting good customer service and you are paying for a service. I was just determined that I was gonna hang on in there as long as TotalProtect was hanging on in there with me. I wanted it to be done and done correctly.

TotalProtect provides good customer service. Even though I've been the one to initiate calls, I like that it doesn't take a lot for me to tell them that they need to go back to their record or go back to the file and look at the previous notes. I don't know how their system is set up and how it really works, but I think that it's something that needs to be at least at the forefront when you're speaking with the representative of the company especially if it's an incident with someone who is calling back over something that has not been fixed.

When I get someone on the phone, I don't mind giving them a brief synopsis. But I don't wanna have to go totally through step-by-step when there were notes taken. That should definitely be the direction that the representative should be looking at. If they are still not understanding or they're not seeing it clearly enough and they still have additional questions, I don't mind filling that in. But it is a good thing that part of the customer service in relation to when I'm speaking to someone from the company, it's just saying, "Give me a minute. Let me look over, see what it is." They can go from there instead of saying, "Tell me what's going on," when I've already told two or three people that.

Original review: May 10, 2019

Submitting a claim with TotalProtect worked out just fine. Everything was smooth. The process just took a few minutes and it was easy. I had to go through their online process and call to set up an appointment but that wasn't a big deal at all. Their rep answered all my questions and thereafter, a tech came. He fixed my issue and was gone quickly. He cleaned up after himself and everything has been good since. I appreciate TotalProtect's warranty.

Original review: May 9, 2019

Overall, we have a very good experience with TotalProtect Home Warranty. It was provided to us originally when we bought the home and we've had it for 13 years now. The only issue is when you have something break down like the hot water tank and the air conditioner. By the time it takes them to get somebody out and then get everything approved, you can be without that appliance for two weeks sometimes. But the customer service and technicians have been very good. And everything else, they've taken care of very well.

Original review: May 9, 2019

Prior to having TotalProtect, we had another policy with another company and Total Protect sounded better ‘cause it’s more local. We went with them and everything worked out really well. However, I’ve had a couple of claims that I’ve used their service and I have to call them back, or their reps don't give me the right information. Still, TotalProtect's warranty is cheaper and their techs have performed good work.

Original review: May 8, 2019

We have our home loan with Nationstar Mortgage, and TotalProtect Home Warranty was an option that we saw on Nationstar Mortgage. We’ve had a lot of offers from other warranty service, but we just have stayed with TotalProtect for several years now because they’re pretty responsive. Submitting claims has not been a problem. Just make a phone call and they respond really quickly, and within 24 hours, you’ll get a phone call from somebody that’s gonna work on it. From the TotalProtect’s side, they're pretty efficient. Now, sometimes, the folks that are coming to look at your problem -- we had a microwave. They fixed it. It quit working before the guy got out of the driveway, and he came back, worked on it again and again. It took about two and a half months, and then they just said they were just gonna pay me for a new microwave.

We’ve used TotalProtect on hot water heater, and the only problem I had there was finding somebody to deal with TotalProtect that already understood what TotalProtect was. And I happened to go on a plumbing job in Bartlesville, Oklahoma and told them my situation. That point, the guy at the end of the plumbing counter said, “Talk to that guy.” And his company had dealt with TotalProtect several times, so they got it taken care of pretty fast.

We’ve had a dryer fixed a couple or three times, and I just gave that one and bought another dryer. When they came and look at it, they did not bring any parts. It was a week before they got here and then two weeks waiting on parts. That was the only problem. It’s not really on TotalProtect’s side. It’s on the part of trying to get the service completed. Everybody wants everything speeded up. Everybody wants things right now, and you realize that can’t happen. Anything to speed up the process would definitely be beneficial. TotalProtect sets you an appointment really quick, but then things slows down after that. But I’m not complaining about how quick TotalProtect returns my calls or responds when I do have an issue. I would definitely recommend them. In fact, I have recommended them.

Original review: May 8, 2019

TotalProtect was associated with my mortgage, so I chose them as a home warranty provider. I called and talked to a representative when I submitted a claim for a plumbing problem and the rep was very nice. Then, a tech came, got to the root of the problem, and took care of it. The work was done to my satisfaction and I have no complaints.

4.00/5

Original review: May 7, 2019

We submit claims to TotalProtect both online and over the phone. Their process is self-explanatory and it's not difficult at all. Their reps have been good except for when we had an issue with our air conditioner unit. We had a lag in the time the repair person came out to look at what the issue was and how long it took them to go back and decide whether they wanted to replace or repair it. It was the summertime and it just took too long. Total Protect should be more receptive and expedient when it comes to claims. Still, the techs they've sent have been fine.

Original review: May 6, 2019

There were several different companies out there, and Regina chose TotalProtect because they seemed to be the most reliable. She had spoken with some of her friends, and several of them had a different home protection company and they weren’t satisfied with the service that has been provided. TotalProtect took the problem seriously, they listened to the consumer, and then they sent somebody out to take care of it, and then you pay a deductible, and it’s down the road. Also, from what I’ve seen because I’ve had to deal with them because she was not here, they are spot on.

All the time they say as to when to expect a contractor out, and they fall within an hour or two of it. It’s very satisfying to know that this company’s here. I only have one complaint about them, however. We had a service call over the summer. It had to deal with her refrigerator. I had to pay an extra $100 for the gentleman to come out. He said it was not related to the problem, but it turns out it was. I submitted a claim, and I’ve never heard anything ever from it again. Nevertheless, everyone that I’ve had an interaction with so far, they’ve been courteous, knowledgeable, and genuinely interested in wanting to make sure that we, the consumer, got satisfied with their service. We’d recommend TotalProtect.

Original review: May 6, 2019

I have two claims in for two different properties with TotalProtect. Submitting those claims was very easy. I would give all of the techs they send an A-plus rating too. Thus far, they have solved issues with my washing machine, dryer, plumbing, and HVAC. TotalProtect has been doing a good job overall.

5.00/5

Original review: May 5, 2019

We got a home warranty for extra coverage, and we've had TotalProtect for 12 years already. Submitting claim is fine. I do it online and I love it. The last claim I had was for my dryer. They went by my schedule, but it was the person that they sent me the first time who couldn’t do the work. The kid didn’t go by my schedule. So, they sent out Sears and they did what they needed to do. Sears was good and they took care of the issue that same day. My dryer is now working. I just told someone about TotalProtect this morning -- I'd recommend it.

Original review: May 4, 2019

TotalProtect is great, and we’ve been a customer for many years. They were a deal that was too good to refuse when our mortgage company offered it to us. Submitting a claim to them over the phone has been excellent. We were then given a time and the contractors were punctual. They were terrific, and they took care of the job immediately. The quality of work provided is excellent, too.

Original review: May 4, 2019

My experience with TotalProtect has been excellent. Their reps have been very quick to respond and I have no complaints about who they send out. Most recently, I had a claim on a Sunday afternoon for our air conditioner that was acting up. I had a call from the service company at 8:00, Monday morning wanting to know if they could come out to check my AC unit it. They told me they could be at my place in 20 minutes. It can't get any better than that.

Original review: May 3, 2019

I like TotalProtect. They are good and I’ve used them a couple times. I learned about them through our federal credit union, and I trust the credit union. So, I figured if they were gonna recommend them, it would be trustworthy. Initially, I had an air conditioner issue. It was a little bit of an issue because I put the claim in online, and the person that they said was gonna come out just disappeared. I had to reschedule that initial person because they weren’t doing it anymore. Also, it was hard to get someone at TotalProtect on the phone. Nevertheless, eventually, they got it done. The techs are not topnotch, but I don't think they are bottom, either. They're qualified enough to do the job, and as long as they can do the job, I am ok. The last one I did was for my stove, I was very impressed. The tech for that one was outstanding. The repair was subcontracted to Sears Home Service and I would use them anytime. Overall, in general, TotalProtect been pretty good.

Original review: May 3, 2019

When I moved to my new residence in Washington in 2010, I was looking for home warranties, and came upon TotalProtect. I liked the cost of their warranty so I went with them for peace of mine. If you have routine repairs, rather than having to go for a total out of pocket, it's good to have the home warranty. Most recently, I had to have repairs done on a washing machine and it was very efficient. I did the claim process online and it just flowed. It was a really smooth process and it was very efficient. I had a claims individual contact me with the detail, the same day, and it went really well. The techs who came thereafter were professional and they did an excellent job. Overall, I've been really pleased with TotalProtect's service when I reach out to them. Also, I really appreciate since that I have had them for a period of time, my premiums have not gone up. Having them has been an excellent experience. I recommend TotalProtect to others.

Original review: May 2, 2019

In our house, it's starting to get the point where we're gonna need insurance if anything breaks just to save the money. My wife found TotalProtect. Their service was extremely fast. The guy said he was gonna be there and he was there on the day he promised. It was quick and easy, and the dryer was taken care all in one day. We're very pleased, and everything is working great.

Original review: May 2, 2019

With Total Protect Home Warranty, if I wanna call and talk to a person, I can't get a rep. It has been very frustrating. I go through their automated system and it doesn't give me the options I need. I need to explain some stuff and I can’t explain it to a computer. Save for that issue with a live person, I would recommend TotalProtect.

Original review: May 1, 2019

We had had good luck with TotalProtect. It has helped out having them. We had them when we lived in Pennsylvania. We're in Maine now and my husband wanted to stick with them. We've never had any problems when submitting a claim. I called to get somebody out here to fix things and it's usually pretty fast. The contractors are great. With everything that we've had done, nothing had to be refixed or anything like that. So we've been pleased. We've had very good experiences with them in the more than six years we've had them.

Original review: May 1, 2019

When I first bought my house, I had DTE and it wasn’t that great. Then, I got something in the mail from TotalProtect and I signed up with them. I really liked the service with them, so I've been with them for over 15 years. I file claims online and over the phone but I do it over the phone mostly. This last time, I had them fix my microwave. It's an over-range microwave and it had been broken for three months. So, I decided I was gonna go ahead and have it fixed.

From what I gathered when I first got this insurance, they didn’t care how old something was because they would fix it. If they have to replace it, they would replace it. And the guy that came out to the house said that they were gonna have to get me a new one because for the money that they were gonna spend for the parts, it was not gonna be worth it. It's still gonna have broken pieces. But he came back out and the next thing I know, these parts came in the mail. I was okay with that, but if they were gonna fix it, they should have fixed the door of it too because that’s broken off.

Now, I got this microwave sitting up in my kitchen with half of it looking like I had it for about 20 years and the other part is new. And I wasn’t happy with that service at all. I don't know if that was the service guy himself or if it was just the company. Other than that, it has been working since the repair. I don’t have a problem with recommending TotalProtect and I plan on recommending my cousin to them.

Original review: April 30, 2019

TotalProtect Home Warranty was offered when we first bought our house and we've been with them for about 14 years now. We've been fairly satisfied with them. We've used them numerous times and we only had a couple of times that we weren’t happy with them, but it reconciled out in the end. The company that came out was fine. It was when they tried to work with TotalProtect one time in particular that did not make us happy. TotalProtect was not gonna stand behind the replacement and they were going to charge lots of money to do it. And even the company that came out said that it wasn’t right. We had numerous times with the refrigerator and had a couple of leaky pipes but those turned out nice. It was mainly the air conditioning system that we had trouble with.

Original review: April 30, 2019

So far, the claim process of TotalProtect has been fine. However, the last time I did something, it was a little screwed up because what I called for wasn’t covered and they didn’t tell me till the guy got here. That time, I had a water leak underground and when their tech got here, he said that I wasn't covered for underground well leaks and then left afterward. While it wasn't any big deal, it would have been a lot easier on everybody because the techs didn't even need to show up.

TotalProtect's reps normally tell me that a tech is coming from a certain place. But then, when I call the contractor, they tell me that they don't have an appointment with me. They say that they know I have a claim, but then I don't have an appointment. The reps act like they're setting up the appointment but then they're not. While that isn't a big deal, they shouldn't do that. Still, everybody that they've sent has been fine. I'd recommend TotalProtect.

Original review: April 29, 2019

We have been in our house for about five years now and then I overheard some people at work that a home warranty worked for them so we figured it would be good to have it and it kinda made sense. TotalProtect Home Warranty seemed like it was a good company and a good deal too. So far, we have used it once and it was pretty easy and quick to submit a claim. I used the phone the first time to make the claim and it went pretty good. The person I spoke to was courteous. But I found that they have a website as well and I probably would have used the website if I knew it was available. As soon as I made the claim, the ball started rolling within a few days.

When the technicians came, my wife dealt with them. She said that everything went smoothly with them. The installers explained well what they were doing and once they did the evaluation, they let her know what the issue was and what was gonna happen after that. The process was quick and easy-going from the moment when we did the claim to when we got the thing fixed. Everything has been working fine since the repair was done and the unit looks great. Our experience did not take much effort which was the best part that I like and I would recommend TotalProtect to other homeowners.

Original review: April 29, 2019

I've used TotalProtect Home Warranty three or four times and I submit my claims to them over the phone. While there have been times when I couldn't get my service right away and had to wait a few days, most of the time, they have been very prompt. They take care of everything satisfactorily. The techs they send have been very professional and they do an excellent job.

3.00/5

Original review: April 29, 2019

When I refinanced my house, TotalProtect was offered as an option. I went with it because for the most part, I've been happy. For the most part, submitting claims has been easy. They respond quickly and pay things. However, the price keeps going up. Also, I’ve been really frustrated with one area wherein I’m trying to get these vents replaced in my basement and they keep telling me that they don’t know if it’s covered or not. I have to have their provider come out for which I have to pay $100. If they then say that my issue is not covered, then I’m out $100.

Though the techs they have sent have been really good for the most part, I had an issue with the dishwasher and whoever they sent out was awful. There were several different providers who came out. They brought the dishwasher, I ordered the dishwasher, I was told what to order, they brought out the wrong color, then they brought the right color back. I was under the impression they were gonna install the dishwasher but they said that somebody else had to come out and do it.

They sent somebody else out to install but then that contractor said they couldn't because there was a little piece of board in the way and they will not touch the wood. I had to get a carpenter to come out and do it. My dishwasher sat in the middle of my kitchen floor for three months going through this process which was pretty bad. Eventually, we got the right person and got the dishwasher installed. I then had to do the other carpentry workarounds. I understood, but it was really frustrating.

At that time my husband has cancer and we were going all over the place for appointments. I’m a physician. When I make an appointment with TotalProtect, they keep giving me this day range, which I understand is the same thing for everybody, but because of that range, I have to cancel patient appointments. When I do that, it’s a ding against my clinic. There were three times the provider didn’t show up and I was really angry at that. That was just wasted time on my part.

It seems that TotalProtect doesn’t do anything about this. They can’t tell me if these providers are still on there. Something should be done because they’ve sent me the same providers again which isn't good. I've told my friends to shop around ‘cause right now, I think I pay about $45 a month to get the service and then they say they sent me a letter, telling me each time that there is gonna be a price increase and that my service fee is going to $100. Still, I think TotalProtect's warranty is a good deal for what they do.

5.00/5

Original review: April 28, 2019

I call TotalProtect when submitting a claim and I speak with a representative. They seem to be informative about things most of the time. Sometimes, I know they can't answer the questions, but they seem to be professional. Usually when I call, they send someone out right away which is good. And if it's covered under warranty, usually the people they send out repair it right then. The only other time is if they had to order a part. That does take a while for the part to come in. I had one incident where it took a while for them to complete the work order. But other than that, they were pretty on it. They sent somebody out here the next day. I'm pretty impressed with it. I'm usually the one that call and my husband is the one that deals with the technician. As far as I know, the technicians do pretty good.

My claim with the refrigerator took a while. The contractor just kept ordering parts for it, and they would get that part back and then that wouldn't work. They'd order another part. Finally, a different technician from a different company was sent out and he said the refrigerator could not be fixed. And evidently, he was right because they had already ordered six parts. They had to replace the refrigerator. I chose the cash, not the refrigerator. Once they decided on a reimbursement, it didn’t take that long. But it took three months to get to that point. I was without a refrigerator for a while. Other than that, all the other instances have been pretty good.