3.64/5
based on 916 ratings
Read more reviews
5.00/5

Original review: June 30, 2019

We acquired a home warranty because it would come in handy down the road and it wasn’t expensive. The mortgage company recommended TotalProtect. That was the one that they were working with at the time and those premiums were included in our mortgage payment that were just taken out automatically, so we just went by the one that they suggested. Submitting a claim has been great and very flawless. I go online, I put in the contract number or address, something to verify who you are. And then, just click down dropdown boxes as far as what you need help with, and immediately, they give me the name of the company and contact information for me to contact then set up an appointment.

It’s also been a great experience with the contractors. The last three years, we’ve mainly had them in for air conditioner. But last year, a ontractor did the service and got us straight. So, this year, when we had air conditioning issues, I just asked that we didn’t have him and they sent somebody else. And it was great. I would definitely recommend TotalProtect.

Original review: May 26, 2019

I liked the whole picture of trying to make sure that we’re protected if something went wrong. So, I decided to purchase a home warranty and I chose to get one from TotalProtect. Recently, I had a claim and I just called it in. The process seemed to be pretty easy because the guy came out here quickly. When he called me, it sounded like he was working from home but other than that, everything was fine. He set up an appointment, came out, and our interaction was great. He told me what he was gonna be doing and explained everything to me. Then, once he found the problem, he told me that he had to submit it to TotalProtect. He also gave me the time frame I would be looking at, so I kinda knew I’d have a week to wait and that was good. I was very happy with my experience and having the warranty gives me peace of mind.

5.00/5

Original review: May 18, 2019

In case things will break down, we don't usually have the cash laying around to fix it. We decided to get a home warranty and TotalProtect mailed us some information. Submitting a claim with them has been good, and the claim process was easy. I just call the pamphlet and things are taken care of rather quickly. Their reps are easy to deal with. And the techs are knowledgeable.

5.00/5

Original review: June 29, 2019

I had called ABC earlier in the season to have the air conditioner serviced ‘cause my air conditioning didn’t seem to be getting cold enough. It said on the TV that it was $59 and I thought I don’t wanna pay $125 just to have it serviced. So, I called ABC. They’re supposed to be a very reliable company but he told me it was gonna be something like $600, that it needed all this stuff and it had a leak. I thought if it’s gonna be that much, I'm just gonna call TotalProtect.

The contractor that TotalProtect sent came. He said he had to add one unit of Freon, and everything has worked fine since. And it’s been cool enough since then, so I haven't had any more problem. And there were no additional charges except that 125. The service was fine. The only other time that I had a claim that I was a little concerned about with TotalProtect was that they paid almost $800 to a Sears repairman to repair my 16-year-old washing machine. It sounds like a thrashing machine when it goes but it does the clothes. I couldn’t believe that they paid that much. But somebody told me that the new machines aren’t worth very much anyway. I also had my oven replaced by TotaProtect. My dishwasher, since they said it was still working, I finally just went and had a new dishwasher put in on my own because I wanted the Bosch that’s so quiet, you don’t even know you're washing dishes. I recommended TotalProtect to all my neighborhood group.

5.00/5

Original review: June 18, 2019

I called TotalProtect for my hot water tank that was starting to leak. I had a pretty good experience with their claims rep. The contractor was very nice and they did very well with my hot water tank. It had to be replaced and it took them a long time to get the hot water tank because it was a small one.

5.00/5

Original review: June 13, 2019

It's been very good so far with TotalProtect. I've been with them for about 8 years and filing a claim has been very easy. I just call them up and tell them what is the problem. The reps are very pleasant. On my last claim, the contractor came and did my toilet. They were very good at what they were doing. Everything's excellent. Keep up the good work.

4.00/5

Original review: June 12, 2019

The sellers had provided us with a 1 year TotalProtect warranty for the home and we renewed it after it expired for a reassurance that we had our items covered for our home. They offered the best options and lower deductible. When submitting a claim, we just go online and set it up or call the number. Usually, the best or the easiest is just to do it online. At first, the website was a little confusing, but once I figured it out, it was fine.

TotalProtect worked for us and most of the service provided by the contractors has been pretty good. We had one bad experience with our refrigerator repair about 4 years ago. The freezer must’ve broken because we woke up with water on the floor. They came out to repair it and they had to order a part. They brought it in and the fridge was still not working correctly. We kinda had a disagreement with the repairman and we had to end up having someone else come out to repair it. They said that they did a bad repair and they ended up replacing the entire refrigerator. That claim took almost a month which was a really long time. We didn’t have a second refrigerator at home and we ended up buying a compact fridge just to hold some of our cold items that we needed. That was probably the worst experience that we’d ever had.

5.00/5

Original review: June 11, 2019

We’ve always had good service with TotalProtect. They seem to know what they’re doing, and we’ve been perfectly happy since. However, we had a little problem with the first service that came in for the dryer. It didn’t fix the problem and the dryer was still making a terrible noise. I didn’t get a response from the company that did it so I called the girl at TotalProtect and she just jumped right on it to repair things. She did an excellent job. It was a different company that came out and they did an excellent job as well. They did a thorough investigation ‘cause it was kind of a difficult thing to find out. The symptom was vibration and noise. They found it and after the second visit, the dryer’s working perfectly. As far as that call, TotalProtect was super. And every time, it’s been simple and straightforward. It's a very reassuring feeling. I’ve certainly evened as far as cost goes. I'm totally confident with what TotalProtect does and how they do it.

5.00/5

Original review: June 10, 2019

A company sent a flyer or a brochure or something in the mail about TotalProtect and I started researching it. It was a cool deal and I’ve been a member for 10 years. We love that you can go and do the claims online now instead of having to call. You don’t have to wait until the morning to call. So, that’s cool. In submitting claims, we’ve gone from super fast to slow and back to fast. We had one experience with the washer where they replaced it but getting somebody out to look at it took forever. On the other hand, the last time with the AC unit, which was about a month ago, the technician took care of everything and fixed it that day. He called and arranged the time that we both could meet. I travel with my job so I'm not always here. He was super nice, prompt and courteous. It was a very nice experience. My air conditioner is blowing cold so the issue has been resolved.

When the Whirlpool washers and dryers first came out, we bought them brand-new. We still have the original dryer and it has been worked on a couple of times. I don’t have any issues because they came out and fixed it in a day or two, which was more than anybody could expect. TotalProtect has replaced the washer twice. The newest one we got from them, which was the replacement, was better and has got more bells and whistles than the original one. We’ve been very pleased with that. It has been a huge peace of mind that I've got equipment sitting here that they have stood behind better than the manufacturer did. I'm very happy and I recommend TotalProtect to a lot of people. Overall, they are really good.

3.00/5

Original review: June 9, 2019

The bank sent TotalProtect to me and I went with it. I usually submit a claim over the phone. Then, either the contractor would call or I would call them. The normal time frame for them to come is within the day and the service has been good for the most part. However, I had something done to the AC and it went out not even a month later. It was something that was fixed last year and it was supposed to be brand new. The guy who came out didn’t fix it when he came out to determine what was wrong with it. The guy just said that it just went out, and that I was responsible for the deductible again while he couldn’t explain to me anything about it. Still, people need to get TotalProtect because it saves you a lot and it’s a great backup.

5.00/5

Original review: June 8, 2019

After I reviewed and looked at different home warranty companies, TotalProtect looked like a good company. I felt they covered more and they offered a better protective service. I've been with them for over 10 years now and the claims process is great. I can do one of two things - either call or go online. Then, they contact a local vendor and the vendor contacts me as far as setting up an appointment. I'm contacted immediately by the vendor once I make contact with TotalProtect.

So far, I've had good luck. I always try to do business with people at my local area. Not everybody wants to deal with American Home Shield or Cross Country but I've had no problem. Most of the time, we're dealing with our heating and air conditioning. We've had little things where they've come. The other thing I like about them is I'm a gold member so I can get a free check of plumbing, electrical, appliances, and heating and air conditioning once a year. Unfortunately, the only thing is just getting vendors who are willing to stay for a period of time. Maybe the vendors don't like the money they're getting paid for providing their service.

5.00/5

Original review: May 29, 2019

I have been a member of TotalProtect for several years and they have been consistent, fair and provide good customer service. The claims submission was expedient. The reps were knowledgeable and respectful. However, they were a little slow in getting back to me. Our scheduling didn’t always coincide. But the contractors came out within a reasonable amount of time and the quality of work was excellent.

5.00/5

Original review: May 27, 2019

My home has been covered by TotalProtect for a while. All my claims but one went fairly well. I had work done with my HVAC system, and the vendor never came back. We had to play phone tag. Luckily, we have alternative heating systems in our house and we got everything squared away. And they made sure no extra cost came out of our pockets. So, I was okay with it. All the other contractors seem to be fine. They come in, they do their job, and they're always very professional. All in all, TotalProtect's prices seem to be fair and everyone I spoke to generally has a great attitude. They're about helping their customers. I would recommend them to other people. Even when I had a bad vendor, they followed up with a really good vendor.

Original review: May 26, 2019

I’ve had some of the other home warranty providers before and I wasn’t really happy with them. So, when I got information on TotalProtect Home Warranty, I decided to go with it. Submitting a claim with them has always been very favorable except for two years ago. We had had problems with the air conditioner and they sent somebody out and then the problem wasn’t fixed. We had to call them again, so that meant days went by with no air conditioning. We live in Las Vegas, so that was very uncomfortable. And then they were supposed to be free because they didn’t do it within 30 days. So, they were supposed to come back and do it. And the company they sent out told my son, “Well, if you want it done now, you’re gonna have to pay us an extra $200 or else we’ll put you at the end of the list. My son agreed to it.

When I saw that my son had paid extra money, I asked why he did that. He told me what they told him. And so, I called TotalProtect and told them that my bill was $125 for the claim and nothing extra. TotalProtect told me to file a claim, and I'd get the money back. I never did get the money back. But other than that, the quality of the work that was performed was good.

4.00/5

Original review: May 25, 2019

I researched and looked online to see what the reviews were, and I talked to several people who had home warranties. American Home Shield was recommended but when I called them, I could not get a hold of anyone. When I called TotalProtect, they answered the phone and answered my questions so, we went from there. We had a couple of issues and they sent someone out. There was one contractor who did not show up during his scheduled time and I tried calling him back but I could not reach him. So I called TotalProtect the second time and they said that they would notate that on his callout. The rep apologized and took care of it quickly.

The few issues we’ve had were breakdowns and TotalProtect had someone come out and they came out fairly quickly. I also got a courtesy call as to when they would be there and when they were on their way. So, those are the companies I like. I’ve only had one that was a no-show and TotalProtect wants you to call and tell them that. So, there’s more communication with them than a lot of other companies. It’s automated calls, or if you get someone, they're not sure. With TotalProtect, when I called, they knew everything. I spoke with someone who actually had the answers. Then, I get a little book that basically says the same thing as what they’ve told me. So, they’ve educated their personnel.

We’re so sick of automated calls that when you actually get a company that has a person on the other end, I’m willing to spend my money there because with automated calls, I don't feel like I can actually ask a question. My concerns aren’t addressed because you can’t address your concerns in automation. It would ask you to press numbers and then, you gotta listen to another series of, “If it’s this, press this. If it’s anything else, please hold or press zero or nine or whatever.” You sit there on hold for quite a while and finally, someone gets on. You ask them your concern and then, they would tell you that they need to check with their supervisor. There’s just no cut-and-dried.

I’ve been with TotalProtect for three years and they would be my highest recommendation. Everybody's gonna have a question that can’t be answered, and TotalProtect is gonna have to check on it but as far as everything goes, they were fairly knowledgeable and easy to speak with. Their customer service is their number one thing.

Original review: May 24, 2019

My daughter got the TotalProtect warranty and recommended it to me. I had heard of other ones but at the time, she said that was the best one. I gave them a call and signed up. I’ve had TotalProtect for 15 years now and I’ve recommended it to some of my neighbors and some other people. I’m an advocate. The claims submission process is really great. I do it over the phone. You can also do it online but I’m old. I like to talk to somebody. The only thing is their deductible went up. It was $75 for a house call and it went up to $125. That was a significant jump. It’s not a 10% or 20% raise. They should have raised it up to no more than $100, if that. It should be more gradual than a significant cost.

All the technicians they've sent out have been very good as well. I’ve been pleased with their expertise, their experience, their knowledge and the way they go about taking care of the work. They’re good guys and good at their trades. They don’t make a mess and are very clean. The last claim I had took a little while, about a week total, because TotalProtect didn’t have a provider. But then they told me to just go ahead, find a plumber, have them take care of it, contact TotalProtect and tell them what the plumber found.

Original review: May 24, 2019

TotalProtect's program is really good. The cost keep on going up a little each year but it’s still very reasonable. With them, you have a choice of different plans and what’s nice is that they guarantee their work for six months. So if my washer and dryer were both broken at the same time, I get charged one deductible. Filing claims with TotalProtect's is also easy. You just call in then they send a service person out and they tell you what your deductible is. One time, I had a major problem but I contacted someone that was a little higher up in the company and they took care of the problem right away. My experience with their contractors also depends on who TotalProtect sends out. I tell them the area I’m in ghen I usually have one or two companies that I like out here that I deal with if it’s an appliance or air-conditioner problem. And for the most part, I would give it 95% that they carry through what they're supposed to do.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I had American Home Shield before and I was having some problems. I heard some good things about TotalProtect from a neighbor, so I tried them out. I have them for three years now and so far, everything has been fine. I submit my claims with them over the phone and the last time I had something done, the contractor was out the next day. The techs they sent out did a good job and I liked them.

Original review: May 23, 2019

Within the two years I've been with TotalProtect I haven't had any problems when I call. Whatever I need, they fix it pretty quick. The reps do a good job. They're pretty nice. They tell you what's going on and what you need to do and what's gonna happen. The technicians are good too. One thing I had couldn't be fixed. It went over the limit. But the rep called and told him to go ahead and fix it, so I was happy with that.

Original review: May 21, 2019

I wanted to make sure that my family was secure, and TotalProtect was referred to me by a co-worker. They were pretty fast when we made a claim. I called and let them know exactly what was going on, and it was immediate responded to. They called somebody and set up an appointment. The tech came out and looked at the dryer, and he did a good job. Now it’s working better than it did.

3.00/5

Original review: May 21, 2019

TotalProtect's automated system is very lengthy. It would be good if they could just match a number and I would get to a representative and give them my information. Additionally, we've had some issues using TotalProtect in Cropwell, Alabama. There, TotalProtect cannot keep vendors or service providers. Finally, we just gave up and call somebody who would do the work for us. Thus far, we've had to do that twice because there's nobody from TotalProtect and we're seriously thinking about looking into another service for our property 'cause we're having to pay for the service anyway. Still, TotalProtect has been good in Enterprise, Alabama where my daddy's home is. They use Sears Home Services, and they're very good. We also had their warranty with our home in Enterprise and we've had excellent service down there.

4.00/5

Original review: May 20, 2019

I’ve had TotalProtect for a long time. I submit claims over the phone and the reps usually answer all of my questions. Within a couple days, they get a contractor out for service and so far, I’ve been pretty satisfied with the contractors' professionalism and the quality of their work.

Original review: May 19, 2019

I live in a condo and we're under an HOA and so, certain things in here are our responsibility. Most recently, I filed a claim online to Total Protect for my faucet. Though the process wasn't difficult, I wasn't familiar with who they have as service people. So, I wasn't really sure. I had questions but the claim worked out. Our appointment with the contractor was delayed for two weeks 'cause they had other work going on. Still, that was acceptable because they already had stuff on their books that they had to take care of. They notified me and we scheduled the day they called.

When the contractor came in to do the service, they were pretty informative about how long they've been in operation and some of the references such as how long they had been with Total. They did very good work and did the replacement of my faucet. They ended up having to go out and purchase a faucet because they didn’t have one on hand. Other than that, the service was great. They did very good work, picked up after themselves and cleaned up.

Original review: May 19, 2019

I had a refrigerator that broke down. The person that was sent in here by TotalProtect to evaluate was very good. And the fellow that came from the company that I had to select was very good. The representatives were okay. But I was frustrated and got a little annoyed with one of them. I’ve gotta send in paperwork to redeem $185, and I do have the paperwork. I get that they have to see receipts for my faucet and the work. They couldn’t find a plumber. So, I was allowed to select a plumber that I was familiar with who does not participate with TotalProtect's network. So, I did that and he did a good job. But TotalProtect wasn't able to get someone to come here. That was inconvenient. Other than that, we had one fellow who helped recently. His name was Joe and I liked him a lot. And we had had him before for something else, and he was excellent.

Original review: May 17, 2019

We've been living here for 22 years. We've had TotalProtect since then and I like it because it worked our very well. Plus it was easy to submit claims. Every time we call, we get ahold of somebody. Then someone comes out and takes care of business, and it's done. After being here for so long, the heating/AC unit went out and I don't know how but it works fantastic now. TotalProtect has taken of all of my claims and the technicians were always courteous.

Original review: May 17, 2019

I’m happy with TotalProtect. If something happens, I call them and file a claim, and then they take care of it from there. They’ve always been very courteous and put me in touch with somebody right away. The claims process is easy, but when I need to have something done, sometimes they put me off for a week. One time my dryer went out and it needed a new belt, and it took almost two weeks. So, I had to load the clothes up and take them to a Laundromat, and that was an inconvenience.

Everything that I’ve had done has been satisfactory. However, my wife was there the first time a tech guy came, and she said he was very disrespectful. She called TotalProtect and told them not to have him come back. After the time that he was supposed to come back with the part, which was about a week or two later, he showed up and I explained to him what my wife had told me. He was very apologetic and said that if my wife was there, he would apologize to her.

5.00/5

Original review: May 16, 2019

I’ve been on with TotalProtect for quite a while, at least eight years. At the time, I was growing broke with a very old air conditioning unit and other appliances. I started to have to start replacing things in the house and I heard that there were insurance companies for appliances and other things. I started doing some internet searches and compared to other companies, TotalProtect had the least amount of complaints. I stuck with them. I’ve also recommended them to at least four people who have bought with them, and I’ve recommended them to at least 10 plus other people.

The claims submission is a pretty good process. I always had a laugh when I look at all the complaints on the websites. People don’t have unrealistic expectations in terms of how fast a response is for online sites and waiting in line on telephones. But I’m a patient person and I’m 62 years old so I’ve been around for a while and my expectation of instant gratification is not there anymore. Besides, TotalProtect's customer service has been pretty darn good. Also, 90% of the time, I get a really good contractor and I’ve been really satisfied with them. Right now, I have one in the process for a tankless hot water heater and the subcontractor that I’m working with is getting a replacement. The circuit board has gone haywire so it’s gonna be replaced again and right now, we’re doing option A and option B. We're considering whether we’re gonna replace the unit or get a cash-out replacement and I get an upgraded unit that would last longer.

4.00/5

Original review: May 14, 2019

We submitted some claims with TotalProtect and they got processed. Everything is working fine right now. We've been with them for about 4 years now and the online process of submitting claims is easy. It takes anywhere from 24 to 72 hours for technicians to come out after I file a claim and the quality of work is good.

5.00/5

Original review: May 13, 2019

I have been dealing with TotalProtect for 10 to 15 years. I had my house through them. Our air conditioning, garbage disposal, and water heater were replaced, and I had a washing machine worked on. I got a refrigerator repaired, too. They've always responded when I've called and they're very good people to work with. When I submit a claim, I call a toll-free number that I've had for a good while since they sent me the paperwork. They give me a claim number and then, they call and find someone that can do the work in my area.

All the technicians and people they sent have really been good. They've been able to take care of my situation. The quality of the work that was performed by the techs has all been good. One of the techs replaced my central air and had trouble getting a unit because it was summertime. But once they got it, they got it in, with my furnaces replaced too. And I also had a frost-free freezer and the defrost heaters went out, so they had to replace those.

5.00/5

Original review: May 12, 2019

I had an experience with TotalProtect where I wasn’t really happy because of the cost. My hot water heater was out and they said they would have to come and look at it. Then, they'd order a part, and probably order a hot water heater, and have it shipped to them. And I would be out of hot water for at least a week. And that was unacceptable, especially in January. The tech pulled me in that TotalProtect forced him to look at it. And then he evaluated that the hot water heater’s out. Then he asked to order a hot water heater through TotalProtect to the brand that they recommend. And it was gonna take another week or so for it to show up.

We went ahead and purchased a new hot water heater through another plumbing company. The person came out the same day, checked it out, went ahead and came back an hour and a half later with a new hot water heater. We also had a claim for the dryer. It had a noise in it, and it turned out to be a bearing in there. And the technician that came out was able to go get a new bearing and come back and install it. So we got that handled. I just had to pay the deductible.