Customer Reviews

4.69/5
based on 811 ratings
Read more reviews

Philips Lifeline

Virginia, We’re delighted to read your feedback about your Philips Lifeline Service!! Thank you for taking time to share your story and positive experiences with us. We’re happy that you are comfortable and that you and your family are all using the Philips Lifeline Service! Take care and be well!!

Original review: June 9, 2017

I'm 90 years old and I have trouble with my hips and knees. The doctor said it's bursitis in my hip. When I get up from my chair and start walking, it really hurts so I'm very careful on stairs. I am very afraid of falling, so I have the Philips Lifeline button on my neck, and it's very comforting to know it's there. However, it won't work away from home, so when I go away, I take it off and put it in my purse, because I think if I should fall in the garage or something, it would be right there in my purse and I could still get a call out.

My sister is three and a half years younger than me, but she fell right in her house, broke her femur above the knee, and is still in rehabilitation. She also has Lifeline, and has used it more than once. She uses a walker, but is really liable to fall and I thought in the last year, she's had to use the Lifeline and have somebody help her a couple of times, so it seems like it always works. My son set it up for me, and evidently, it's being monitored all the time as I was notified that the battery was low and they sent me a new button.

A couple of times, I have inadvertently got something against it too. One time, I had a heavy roaster and was holding it up to wash it, and then got it against my button and that set it off. Another time, I was in the bathroom, leaning over to rinse my hair in the sink and got it against between me and the counter. On both times, I was called immediately. The was also one time where I woke up and heard somebody talking and I thought, "Who is in my house?" Then I got up and started down the hall and realized who it was. That's the only time I have ever managed to push the button in my sleep.

The Philips Lifeline team is always happy when I tell them there's nothing wrong and that it was just a mistake. I have all the world of faith in them and I know they are right there when you need them. I'm glad that I have the button and I recommended it to my younger sister as well. She had checked out a number of others, but went with this one that I have, so all three of us have the same Lifeline.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide a review to us. We are glad to hear you wear the button all the time. If you ever have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service department at 1-800-635-6156.

Original review: June 1, 2017

I'm close to 81 years old and I live alone. I figured that someday, I may be glad I have a medical alert device. I got Philips Lifeline and I have the one that only works within so many hundred feet. But, I do wear it 24/7. It was because I don't want to be taking it on and off when I drive further away from home. It's much easier. However, within about three months, the device went off when I did not hit the button. One time, I was in the shower and it went off. The other time, I wasn't doing anything in particular. I was at home and it went off as if I had pushed the button. Then, I told the person that I didn't do anything. So, it was somewhat a fluke that it went off without me pushing the button. Other than that, I had no major problem with Philips Lifeline.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you so much for taking time to provide us with this review. We are very pleased to know you wear it and find it easy to use and comfortable to wear. Please take care!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2016

I have my Philips medical alert device on, and it's wonderful. It's easy and comfortable to wear, and it does a good job.

4.00/5

Philips Lifeline

We are glad that seen to be happy with your service and we can get you help when you need it. Thank you so much for providing a review for us!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2016

I'm 85 years old and I live alone. I figured that it would be a good idea to have something that I could use to call somebody if something happens. I had another medical alert service before but I have to call them. So I changed to Philips. If I would fall down and couldn't go to the phone or whatever, people from Philips would automatically come. I wear the device around my neck and I don't even know it's there most of the time. It doesn't bother me. The sales person said I could even use it in the shower.

Philips Lifeline

We are happy to hear that you are satisfied with the service and continued to use it for yourself, however we are sorry to hear of the loss of both your mother and aunt. Please do not ever hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions, we are always happy to help!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2016

I had my elderly mother and aunt living with me, so I originally ordered the Philips Lifeline for them so they would have access to a medical alert while I was working. They had both since passed away, but I decided to keep the service for myself. I live alone and I’m gonna be 70 in February so it seemed like a prudent thing to do. Most of our interactions were all just test calls, and those were certainly answered promptly. I’ve got a technical issue right now which makes the service not useable for me and I need to talk with Philips for that, but it’s primarily a telephone issue rather than a Philips issue. I'm perfectly satisfied with the service.

Philips Lifeline

We are glad to hear you are comfortable with the Philips Lifeline service and thank you so much for taking the time to provide a review.Please take care!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2016

I have medical problems and I haven't done well. I've had a stent put in and I also live alone, so my children feel better that I have a medical alert device. I used a different product when I lived in Maine and when I moved here, my children were concerned because I have stairs so they like me to have Lifeline. I have their device around my neck and it's comfortable that I don't even know I have it on. Anybody who lives alone and is elderly would benefit from Philips Lifeline.

Philips Lifeline

We appreciate knowing you feel safer, and you're glad to have the Philips Lifeline service. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2016

Philips Lifeline is wonderful to have. I have a heart problem and the Lifeline gives me peace of mind. I have that button I can wear around my neck and I feel safer. I'm glad I got it.

Philips Lifeline

We want to thank you for reaching out to us, we will have a representative reach out to you in regards to your concerns. Also please never hesitate to call our Customer Service department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions or concerns, we are more than happy to help. Thank you very much

Original review: Sept. 19, 2016

I'm diabetic, suffer from hypertension, and can hardly use my right arm. I also had congestive heart failure and had to have a pacemaker so my doctor ordered medical alert devices for me. The two I had before both played out. He told me he'd order me another one that showed my heart rate jumping but never did, so I had to call somebody else for my Philips Lifeline device. Now, it has been off and I don't know what's wrong with it. I press the button and it won't even come on. But aside from that, I'm very satisfied with my Philips Lifeline. It's good I have it because most of the time I'd be by myself. If I needed some help, their team can call my sister or my daughter to tell them to come and see me or either call the ambulance.

5.00/5

I'm 91 years old. I have trouble getting up and down and I walk on a walker. So, I have to make sure I have the Philips Lifeline with me ‘cause I've had several falls, and they've been there when I've fallen. I pin the device to me and I don't go anywhere without it.

Philips Lifeline

We are happy to hear the service has been working very well for you and your aunt. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2016

Philips Lifeline has been helpful when my aunt's fallen down, but luckily we haven't had to use it too much lately. We previously used another medical alert device and when we moved into a retirement community, we disconnected that and then we found out later we needed it even though we were in a facility because sometimes nobody was in the room with her. Now, she wears her Philips around her neck all the time. When she's called them, the reps have always replied in a quick manner and contacted the front desk here and me at home, so it's been working very well. I'd definitely recommend it.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us, we are glad to know you feel great and are enjoying our Service. Best wishes to you and take care!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2016

I really like my Philips Lifeline medical alert device. I feel great with it. It helps to know that if something happens to me, I can always push my button and someone will be here to help me. I enjoy being with Philips Lifeline. When I had to contact them for some stuff, they attended to me immediately.

Philips Lifeline

Thank you so much for reaching out and providing us a review. We are happy to hear that you find the service easy to use, like it and are doing well. Please take care.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2016

I'm 100 years old and although I do have caregivers come three times a week, I still live alone. I got a Philips Lifeline to make sure that I am able to keep in touch with someone. I don't get around very much and I can't walk alone on the streets anymore. Not even to get to the landline to call anybody, so I gotta have someone with me. The help button is easy to use and I have it right next to me. I like it very much and I'm glad I have it.

Philips Lifeline

We are so happy to hear your experience has been wonderful, effortless and smooth. We are glad we were able to get you help after your fall, and appreciate your continued patronage of Philips Lifeline. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2016

I'm getting old so I decided to get a Philips Lifeline and so far, it has been wonderful. I wear it as a necklace and never notice it. One time, I fell down and I got really dizzy. I called them and they sent the ambulance right away. They got here, but I don't remember that they came. They called my daughter and they took me to the hospital. It was so effortless and smooth. They really helped. They took me to the hospital several times. Ever since I had a stroke nine years ago, my daughter has been very concerned and she doesn't live too far. Now that I got Philips Lifeline, she loves it as much as I do.

5.00/5

Sometimes I lose my balance and fall, so I have a medical alert device and I also have a walker. I wear my Philips Lifeline around my neck and so far, I haven't had to use it.

5.00/5

I'm doing fine with the Philips Lifeline device, which I have around my neck.

5.00/5

I wear the Philips Lifeline device around my neck and it fits very nicely into my lifestyle. I don't have any problems with it.

Philips Lifeline

We are glad to hear that you feel secure and would recommend Philips Lifeline. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. Take care!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2016

Throughout the years, I've had a lot of medical problems which are only getting worse and right now, I'm not doing very well with my balance. I'm home alone all the time, but the Philips Lifeline device makes me feel secure. I'd definitely recommend it.

4.00/5

Philips Lifeline

Thank you for taking time out of your day to provide us with a review. We are glad you are comfortable and feel reassured by having the Philips Lifeline Service. Take Care!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2016

I fell and fractured my hip so my daughter ordered the Philips Lifeline device for me. Now, I wear it all the time, and it's reassuring to know that if I had a problem, I can get some help with it. Sometimes it gets in my way, but I still feel comfortable with it.

Philips Lifeline

We are glad you are okay after your fall and that you feel more confident with Philips Lifeline. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with this review. Take Care!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2016

The reps of Philips Lifeline were very helpful and fast when I fell down in the hallway one time. Having it gave me much more confidence and I’m very satisfied with it.

Philips Lifeline

We are happy to hear you are satisfied with Philips Lifeline, and our representatives have been helpful to you! Thank you for providing feedback and take care.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2016

My experience with Philips Lifeline has been very satisfactory. I'm a quadriplegic and my Lifeline is right on my wheelchair, so it's there if I need it. Their reps were very pleasant and helpful.

Philips Lifeline

We are glad we were able to get you help after your fall and hope you are doing better. Thank you for providing us with a review take care!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2016

I fell last year which was the only time I used the Philips Lifeline device. It was terrible and I couldn't move. The men had to get me out of the bathroom around a piece of furniture and out of the room which was very difficult, but they came quickly and I went to the hospital.

Philips Lifeline

We are sorry to hear about your falls but glad we can be there for you when you need us. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2016

I had fallen two times and when I do, I cannot get up. I have a dumb phone but if it's dark, I couldn't even dial that. With the Philips Lifeline device, all I have to do is press the button and someone from their team will respond and I can then tell them to call my son, who lives across the street, to help me get up. The help button looks very attractive and I wear it all the time at home.

5.00/5

I fell on the floor and I couldn't get up one time so I need a medical alert device. I wear my Philips Lifeline around my neck all the time. I pushed this button and they were here just in three minutes. They came right out. I'm doing great with Philips.