Yamaha Outboards

Compare Outboard Motors

Research top Outboard Motors recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

The value is outstanding great and none better. Got a powerful motor at a great price and the repairs are gonna be so easy if I need any runs. Great. Warranty is great. Guaranteed to be fixed if it breaks but I don't think it gonna break lol. This thing a beast. I will always honour their warranty and I love em. So many options for service I was like "wow". I got exactly what I want and never had to complain. Very happy and will return. Don't get me started on performance. It is outstanding great and top-notch. IDK what I would do if they were not top of line like they are. I got a tank of a motor lol.

The value is in the total joy you receive from your motor because it helps do small things around the house and takes care of your outdoor assignments. The warranty speaks volume for itself. You will feel a peace of mind in knowing you have the best warranty out there and that they will back it up 100%. The service options are extremely open because it’s different for each person who buys it. For me, it helps me with my outside yard duties and there are many other activities I use this motor for. This is a strong and tough motor that can stand any tough projects and lasts a long time. You will have no problems with this motor and you will know you made the right choice.

I like to fish so it's important to me to be able to hop in the boat and be able to go at any given moment. It is 25 horse and has not given me any trouble as of yet. I'm able to shut off and when it's time to go it starts right up. I don't have a warranty. I had bought used at a garage sale. It is not new motor. It has miles on it but I found out it's reliable and would recommend to anybody. The only service I had ever did was replace spark plug and pull cord at the end of the year. I take to outboard motor expert and have him look it over. Never cost me that much. The motor has never gave me any complaints. I'm able to hop in my boat and go anytime I want and I have never been stuck out on the water so I would it high on my list for durability.

A brand that's high quality and built to last like no other. To last for more years than you'd expect a brand like this to keep up for many years to come. I have not had a lot of issues with tech. It's great to know that it's covered in case I have a major issue with it. If it comes up I know I won't have to worry at all. It takes a beating and keeps on going like no other. It's solid as hell and it has taken some lumps so far and yet I have had no issues with it at all yet.

Ran well, no issues, reliable engine. Handled the boating season well, limited maintenance. Has a variety of engine sizes for all watercraft. Had a 5-year warranty and stands by its guarantee. I had no major issues and did not need to use the warranty but was happy to know it was available. They stand by this warranty and any work needed under this contract would be fully covered by the warranty. Have assurance that you are covered in case of problems. I had no issues or problems in the years that I owned this product. They are well-made, durable and stand up tough against the water ocean.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Yamaha Outboards?

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Yamaha Outboards has been operating in the US market for over 30 years. Their outboards are known for their reliability and innovation, and consumers can find them online or at dealers nationwide.

• Maintenance resources: Find everything you need to know about maintaining your Yamaha outboard with their extensive Maintenance Matters guide, available for free on their website.
  • Fishing forecast: Find out the best time to go fishing on any given day with Yamaha Outboard’s fishing forecast, accessible for free from their website. Share with your friends on social media to coordinate your fishing plans.
  • Events calendar: Stay up to date on all boating events, including tournaments, boat shows and demo tours with Yamaha Outboards’ events calendar, available on their website.
  • Comparisons: Compare up to three Yamaha Outboard motors side-by-side to easily find the best motor for your needs. Compare specifications such as warranty, engine type, engine oil capacity, dry weight and much more.
  • Performance bulletins: Get the most detailed information available on hundreds of boat and engine combinations by downloading free performance bulletins from Yamaha Outboards’ website.
  • Best for Yamaha Outboards motors are best for recreational boat owners.

Compare Outboard Motors