Honda Marine

Research top Outboard Motors recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Record a review about your experience with Honda Marine:

Login to record a Video Review

Consumer Reviews & Complaints

It was great. The price and the workers are on point. They gave me the most pleasant time of informing me of what I was getting myself into. The warranty protection was great as well. If anything goes wrong as in damage or lost of item they will replace your goods. They took the time explaining this to me very well. Who would knew these people had option for warranty? I feel safe with the choices I've made today. The durability wasnt all that great but I guess you gotta lose to win because everything else in this whole set up is actually quite great at the same time. I just want all of you guy to enjoy like I do.

Few repair issues. Have not spent much on it. Very economical to use. I would recommend and buy again on my next boat. I have already recommended to other friends, 2 of which bought one. I have never needed to use the warranty for anything. The only costs I have incurred are normal running costs including oil, gas, and other similar items. I continue to recommend this to my friends. I have only had it in for service a couple of times. I did not really need to, but wanted to keep it in good shape. Nothing except a general tune up was needed. I have had the engine for close to 5 years now and have never had a problem with it. I would highly recommend it to others. Running costs are low and it is a long lasting product.

I researched a lot of places that sold motors before I decided on the Honda. I chose Honda because it is a respected company, the price was right, the people at the store were very helpful. I would recommend a Honda to anyone that is looking for a motor. The warranty covers everything I wanted it to cover, but since I have had no problems with the Honda motor since I got it, I don't think I will be needing the warranty. After I bought the Honda, I was told by the representative at the store that I could bring the motor back for service any time I needed or just call them with any questions I might have. I have not had to avail myself of this service. Since I have had the Honda motor for many years and I have never had it fail on me, I believe it is the most durable motor you can buy.

I put a lot of hours on it without a single repair issue. A person would pressed to find a better or more reliable product. Light weight and ease of operation makes this one of the best boat motors I have ever had the pleasure of owning. The staff I talked to seemed quite knowledgeable and dedicated to my satisfaction. They were able to address all questions and concerns beyond my expectations. My Honda dealer's service staff have always performed in a timely and professional manner. In the few times I have required maintenance service I was completely satisfied. Honda products are among the best and live up to their world class reputation. This motor withstood every test of strength and durability I could send its direction.

A bit overpriced for the model-range I purchased. Shopped at several dealers (within a 75 mile range). However, all were overpriced. But, when reviewing (online) the out of state dealer prices, they were 15-20% less. Excellent manufacturer's warranty from Honda. Didn't feel I needed the extended warranty so I did not take it. Have owned Honda outboard motors before and they're highly reliable... Never a problem. Never had a need for servicing (beyond standard maintenance). Again, highly reliable and a quality outboard motor. Quite consistent with their automotive products.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda Marine?

Stays in excellent condition when going on vacation or business for work or play in the mornings and afternoon during special events in the parks on the highways. After 2 months fully warrant, can return with no charges.

I have of heard and known about this company for quite some time and had was peaking my interest and after much investigation decided to go with it. The warranty protection provided by this company is quite good and I'm satisfied and haven't heard much bad rumours either which helped to my confidence on this company. The service option provided by this company is quite good as they provide a variety of service options which makes it easier to select the desired option quite easily. I have been using their company's product for some years now and I have to say their products are quite durable and very long lasting and rarely suffers from much problems which might require large amount of money to fix.

Low cost, very good motor so far, no problems, starts right up, extremely very happy. My next motor will be Honda. My nephew has a Honda and he had no problems yet. He said he will buy a Honda again and again. Warranty is so good I can’t get a better covers – almost everything with no add-on fees, no hard time getting it fix so far. My nephew is happy so far. I had a Honda scooter and was very happy with it. It was a great scooter 1987 elite 150cc but I had a 2000 HONDA 80 CC SCOOTER was nothing but a LEMON. Very fast repair service. I put it in on Monday, got it back on Thursday just in time for the weekend fishing in my bass boat. I would buy a Honda motor MAYBE even if it cost more than another motor. It last for 3 years. I expect it to last more than 10 more years as long I keep up with the maintenance and keep it clean. A Honda motor can last for many years to come. I be happy to buy another one.

A pretty good motor but have had a few problems with it, but I would recommend it if you have the patience with having it fixed. I have had to put it the shop 3 times for different reasons but it was under warranty so I only had to pay for labor which is the most expensive part of it. Would highly recommend having a warranty for this motor because with my experience with it, you will need one. The only bad thing is you have to pay for labor. If you have to have it serviced you really need to do it under warranty because it will cost more than it is worth. I personally recommend having it serviced at least once every three months. It is a very good motor considering how much enjoyment you can get out of it. It has lasted me a good while more than any motor I have had in the past.

The people there were very helpful and the motor I bought was really a good piece of equipment. I would definitely buy from there again. The service options range from a variety to choose from. The salesman was very helpful in explaining all of the options to me and helping me choose the best option for me. The durability of this motor is fantastic. I have not had any problems since I bought it a year ago. It seems like it will last a long time if I keep up the maintenance on it.

The price is a bit expensive, but the value has been good because of how well it works. It is durable, hard working, and I would recommend it. I have not had any issues with it as of yet, but it is still under warranty if I ever need it. The warranty, so far, seems to be a good length of time. There are certain set service options and they are sometimes more expensive. I have not yet had to service mine, but I hope to find a less expensive option than those recommended. It has been very durable and I have not had any problems with it. It has been put through a lot of work with little signs of wear and tear.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Honda introduced the four-stroke outboard engine to the U.S. over 40 years ago. They are innovators in the industry, including innovative technology that improves fuel efficiency and reduces emissions.

• Five year limited consumer warranty: While the industry standard is a three-year limited warranty, Honda Marine’s outboard motors come with a five year, fully transferable limited warranty.
  • Commercial, rental and government warranty: Honda Marine offers expanded warranties for all commercial, rental and government customers that are double the national average.
  • Wide range of motors: Honda Marine sells outboard motors that range from 2.5 to 250 horsepower, making them ideal for owners of boats of all sizes.
  • Financing: Qualifying consumers can get financing for their outboard motor from Honda Marine for as low as 1.99 percent. Talk to your local Honda Marine dealer to find out how to qualify and apply.
  • Environmentally conscious: Honda Marine’s outboard motors and engines have improved fuel efficiency and reduced emissions, which reduce their negative environmental impact.
  • Best for Honda Marine’s outboard motors are best for recreational and commercial boat owners, particularly those interested in an environmentally friendly engine.

Compare Outboard Motors