Crownline Boats

Compare Boat Brands

Research top Boat Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

It was quick and I was satisfied with the purchases and warranty that it guaranteed. The boat was well designed and kept available out for customers to inspect. Agents supplied customer needs and answered questions with professionalism. The price of the boat was in relative range of what I was expecting. It made sense to compensate for its designer costs and made it worthwhile for customers to take interest in. Warranty is guaranteed for years and in any case of damage of destruction, refunds and compensation would be guaranteed. There is price for pay and it's expected. The boat seems durable with its material and looks mighty fine and durable for several years and maneuver. The fact that their materials are cost efficient and decently durable is impressive.

It has a variety of different amenities. There are a bunch of seats and controls and even a complimentary cup holder. There's spots for televisions and speakers so you can have amazing parties and entertain guests! The price point is perfect. The boat lives up to its value easily. In fact, the price is a steal. It has so many features and amenities that it will take you a while to find them all. The boat is also extremely fast so you can go on amazing rides. The warranty is a great security blanket to have but with the boat's ingenious design and extreme durability, it's not necessarily needed. I would recommend getting the warranty though because so many people will be jealous and try to mess it up. This boat is built like an Aircraft Carrier. It can take a beating. I accidentally ran over some rocks and the boat just kept on going like nothing happened. The boat is also easy to clean. You just spray and wipe and that's all.

There is a great variety of amenities to choose from. I personally never feel like there is anything I am missing. I think this product would be a great option for anyone. It is a great price for what you get. I personally never feel like I am overpaying or underpaying for what I get. I think that anyone would be happy with this purchase. I feel like the warranty is great. I think that anyone would be happy with this warranty. I think that the durability of the boat is great. I personally never feel like the boat is not durable or that I will have to make repairs to it.

Extras was awesome. Nice seating. Awesome controls all around. A good company with tons of knowledge and very caring about the customers wants and needs. Price was high but for a good boat I see why I wouldn't buy from another company. This company is the way to go. You won't go wrong at all. Warranty is nice. I have 3 years warranty so it's really worth getting it just in case of a accident you may never know what could happen. Boats in good shape haven't had a problem yet always make sure to check its controls and cleanness as boats tend to get grimy after a while.

It's great and dependable. It also runs very well. I take it on boat trips once a year without any problems. It's a great boat for a very affordable budget. And it works well. Also about as cheap as my cars and trucks I own. You totally can't beat a deal like this. So if you're on a budget and can't afford an expensive boat then get this one. The warranty is okay. I would say I'm just satisfied with it as it comes with a 10 year warranty. I have not needed to use this warranty as of yet since I have not had any problems with this boat. I also have not had any problems with the makers of this boat. It has great durability. I would recommend this product to any friends family and other consumers who are interested in buying a good and yet very dependable vehicle as this boat I own is a great one and will last for many years to come.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Crownline Boats?

In my entire life was I ever insulted, lied to and treated as a third rate person by a hypocrite salesman. I looked at a few used boats for sale and chose the one of my liking. It had an AM/FM radio factory installed which did not pick up a single station on AM or FM. The salesman Rich told me would look into it and have it repaired. He also informed me the previous customer had taken such good care of the boat that I would get a 30 day power train warranty. We had numerous phone calls over the next 2 weeks. When it was taken care of I headed to the marina with a bank check. Into the office I go to sign over the papers. I head down to the dock with the keys thinking I was taking the boat to my dock. Rich has his cell in his hand with a purple wire. I get in the boat to try the radio to find nothing was done, nothing has changed.

We discuss the situation and he plugs his phone into the input port and turns his phone. He then notifies me the radio is working as normal. Needles to say I know when I am lied to and hand him the keys... "Fix it as you promised" I said. The boat sits over another month. In the interim I call him a few days later hearing nothing from them any more, neither their Parts, Service Dept., nor the owner Tom ** call me. Rich gets on the phone and starts yelling, screaming and threatening me, "You don't deserve to be one of OUR customers, I will be telling Tom to refund your money when I see him." He is not giving me the ability to get ONE word in and then he hangs up on me. Of course Tom believes his poor excuse of a sales person, doesn't make him, nor does Tom apologize for the way I was treated.

I keep telling him you advertised the boat with an AM/FM CD player, and the accessory was certainly included in the price I paid you. Tom's words are, "These radios never worked anyway and if so, only for 2 years. You're not buying a radio. You're buying a boat. Plug in your MP3 player." Another excuse was, "Boats don't have car antenna's." When I asked him to try another radio in another boat he stated he wasn't allowed in his customer's boats. How he services other boats without getting in them is a good trick!

Finally he installed a new working unit which picks up numerous stations. Since he took his sweet time about it I asked if he would give me the warranty he promised again with the new date. He refused and shook hands on a verbal warranty of 19 days. Very, very big of him. I'm sure his word is good. I'm also waiting for the Porta Potty that was supposed to be with the boat, but of course I never heard back from him. I guess $42,000 doesn't get what it used to.

I had purchased a brand new 285SS in 2012. After two seasons of weekend use at our family cottage, I had noticed cracks in my hull/gel coat at all the fixtures. I called Crownline and they had said they would not cover it. Their warranty clearly covers hull repairs but they refuse to even offer a cost sharing. To add to my pain, they said they appreciated my business. They should have said they appreciated my money. I had thought a six figure purchase less than three years ago would have received a little more respect. Little did I know.

I have had my Crownline 255ss for few years now and must say that buying my Crownline was the best decision I could have made for me and my family... I did my research and looked at Regal and Monterey and Chaparral and Cobalt... took all them for a test drive cause they all look really nice in the showroom but I wanted the really nice boat on the water too. As I compared all the brands you could see how a few brands didn't do the small things right or cut corners cause it was easier and probably cost effective for them... not only was it the look and options and ride but price came into play as well so let me start there.

Cobalt is a fabulous boat but it's not 25k nicer then a Crownline and when you option them out the same way the Cobalt was 36k more. Regal and Chaparral were only 15k more with all the same options but they could not give me the motor I wanted. Monterey was close to the Crownline, but I looked at resale and Crownline held better value

The ride of all was the most surprising, the Crownline and very low bow rise very good plain time no matter how many people we had on board, it handled the rough water of the bay the best, my kids could up and move around and I felt ok with that due to the depth of the Crownline which also gave us a dryer ride and we drove all 5 on same day in the same water.

So price and ride and options let me lead toward Crownline, but what made them take the cake was my plant tour with **, and meeting the people who make and build the boats you can tell their passion for boats. The Crownline warranty was by far the best even over the Cobalt and I have had no issues with ** in the warranty department with minor warranties I have had... a great boat, company and ride and I'm proud to say I am a member of the Crownline family... Before you buy check out all the boats even if you have to travel a bit because you're spending your hard earned money and you wanna make sure everything is right and Crownline is the right choice...

I have had multiple problems with my Crownline and could never get the dealer or Crownline to even help or return a call. I have spent thousands on warranty repairs because I could not get any help from the dealership or a response from Crownline (manufacturer). I had seats tear at the seam lines. I have a generator that should have never been placed in the boat; Kohler stated it’s a “design flaw.” The windlass never worked right and pops relays. The canvas never fit correctly and sagged from day one. It’s a beautiful boat, but don’t expect to get anywhere once there are problems. Neither the dealership nor Crownline will respond to correspondences.

We purchased a Crownline Boat in 2008. The boat is a 2007, and is brand new. We had it serviced by the Boat Dock in Springfield, IL. Upon getting the boat back, the steering wheel has 5 breaks through the wooden steering wheel. This boat is in excellent condition, with less than 200 hours on it. I am not having a problem with the Boat Dock, where they have excellent people, especially with customer service . I am having problems with Crownline itself.

Boat Dock cannot explain how the steering got that way, so they gave me the number to Crownline, telling me that if they call them, Lynn would say the boat is 2 years old and out of warranty. I can accept that the boat is not under warranty anymore, even though this is a $56,000 boat. What I cannot accept is the fact that the steering wheel, which is wooden, is cracked all the way through, in 5 different spots. This boat is well taken care of, and is wrapped professionally by the Boat Dock, and stored in their property.

I called Lynn at Crownline, and she stated that they would not replace the steering wheel, due to the fact that the warranty is expired. The steering wheel is not our fault. I believe it is faulty. I don't have a problem replacing something that I broke, however this is a boat that is only used on weekends from Memorial Day through Labor Day. It has not been abused. We are not talking about a whole lot of money here, it's the point of it. I explained to them that I am not driving a Kia nor a Chrysler, this is a Crownline, which in my opinion, is like a BMW/Lexus. I own a 2005 Lexus with the same steering wheel, and it has never cracked.

Crownline Boats Company Profile