2. Automotive
  3. ATVs

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.48/5

Arctic Cat Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Arctic Cat?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Arctic Cat?

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I bought a farm 3 years ago and needed a side by side for chores. I found a brand new one at the local Harley dealer that was at a good price. After less than 100 miles of use in 1 year riding on a driveway and not rough trail riding, the problems began. I had a throttle sensor go bad, along with another sensor. I got soaked for $500 by an authorized dealer that, by the way, bad mouths his own products. Not under warranty. Now I am receiving an error that tells me it is either a voltage regulator, battery, or alternator. No warranty, wonder how much this is going to set me back. Your best bet is to go down to a Farm store and buy their brand from China. You will get better service/warranty and get the 1000 for the price of an Arctic Crap 500.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I had 2 Arctic cats- 2005 500 FIS and 2007 700 FIS EFI. Both these machines were great. Here is why Arctic Cat almost always used Suzuki engines except for the Kawasaki 650 v2 that had overheating issues as well. That rear cylinder got hot on them so the majority were Suzuki single cylinder monsters of power and reliability. When 2008 rolled around they went with their own engines which are all complete junk. They were very stupid to get rid of the Suzukis. Why would you get rid of the workhorse of your fleet? I don't know but now they are selling junk and ruining their name. They need to go back to Suzuki and grovel at their feet to get the best engines ever made in my opinion and the opinion of so many others out there.

I never had any issues with mine. Not a single one. I ran them hard too. Real hard. Never a whimper. Just a grunt off of a machine and go through anything and I mean anything. I had my 500 buried in a swamp and it did not die. I had mud up to my knees and it kept on moving through it at a slow pace. The low end torque of that engine was amazing. I will go and find another old pre 2008 and beat the crap out of it. If you want that motor go to Suzuki and get the King Quad. That is what I have. Same motors, same reliability, same fun, same 25 miles to the gallon but a smaller gas take. Only 4.5 gallons compared to the Arctic Cat at 6 gallons but hey who cares? Just find a gas station in the nowhere. I tell you the truth. Get a Suzuki engine. They make all the engines for Mercury Marine 10 - 135 horse. They make engines for snowmobiles for Arctic Cat, they make engines for just about anything that needs a motor and guess what? They don't die. PERIOD.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Have bought 2 Arctic Cat(s) in past 15 years. One was a 500 4x4 and the other a 400 4x4. Gave older one to my cousin. (Yes, it's still going strong!). Have taken them on hunts, riding thru mud, sand, and hillsides. NEVER had ANY PROBLEMS!! Their endurance, strength to pull and go is WOW! Bought the extra seat that attaches for my son to go on hunt with me. I took him on his first hunt and boy did he have fun! Not only did we have a great ride thru the woods and hills, he killed his first deer! The Arctic Cat 4x4 400 (yes, 400) carried myself, my son and the 174 lbs. deer back to camp with ease!! Arctic Cat 4x4 Only ATV for me! Thanks Arctic CAT!!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

We purchased a new 2016 Wildcat CC 951 from Bass Pro Shop in Las Vegas, Nevada. We have a 2 year warranty on it. Ever since we bought it, it has been in the repair shop approximately 75% of the time. It has broken down more than it has been ridden. Every trip out it has had a problem. Too many times, it had to be trailered or towed back home. It has been a headache since day one. We have trailered it back to Bass Pro Shop for repairs almost every trip out. We have talked to Arctic Cat who has told us it is bass pro shop's problem to fix it. Bass Pro has said just the opposite. Back and forth for almost 2 years now. The last lady from Arctic Cat we spoke to was rude and told us to take it up with the dealer, meaning Bass Pro Shop.

We have so many repair orders, we could make a book out of it. Needless to say it is in the bass pro repair shop again. It has been there since November 17, motor is laying on a workbench in pieces. And no idea if or when it will be repaired. Everything from oil leaks to broken axle. Major problems since the day we purchased it for over $20,000.00. Have copies of every work order, every repair order, everything they have done or tried to do.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

ATV TRV - Less than three months old and the shock came apart on a moderate dirt road. Had to hire a tow truck for 4 miles of hauling it out. The dealer was great, but I felt the manufacturer should not only replace the two front shocks but pay the tow bill. They didn't feel they should. It was a defect, so they should have. The next week the shift nut fell off and I had to hope it would make it to the truck.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

Have owned my trail for 1.5 years. Have 1800 miles on it and have loved every ride with it. Mostly mountain trails and lots of snow rides. Rear a arm and anti sway bushings are the only thing I've replaced on it. Other than that I change oil add gas and go have fun. Dollar for dollar one of the best buys on the market.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

Bought a brand new Arctic Cat 4 wheeler had 19 hours on it, the sensor blew and took it to CNY Power Sports in Cortland, come to find out Arctic Cat only warranties this for 6 months. So after $600.00 bill, I am not very happy with either service. Never again will I buy any Arctic Cat products or recommend.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

Bought a new leftover Arctic Cat ATV Trail 700 and it immediately overheated with the P119 error code on the dash. Took to a Arctic Cat Dealer, River RATS Motorsports in Bullhead City, AZ. which was a nightmare. Told them the error code, they had the machine for a week and when they told me it was ready I went in and they said they could not find a problem after test riding with a charge of over $55.00 to be assessed for the joy ride. Needless to say they didn't get a dime for this scam.

Remember I told them upon dropping it off error code P119 with no necessity to test ride it for over an hour. Took the machine home and test rode in for 5 to 10 minutes and you guessed it the P119 error light came on with the smell of burning antifreeze. Took it immediately back to River RATS Motorsports in Bullhead City, AZ and they lied about being told about the error code. If you are unfortunate in dealing with them have a tape recorder running. Notified Arctic Cat and still haven't heard squat. NO MORE ARCTIC CATS.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

2014 Artic Cat 500 ATV - I bought this Machine and love it. It has 1100 miles on it and it is on its 4th belt. I replaced 2, the dealer replaced 2, they changed the wet clutch, primary and secondary, wheel bearings and brake calipers. Still is not right. I want to get rid of this machine but I don't feel good about selling it to the next guy. The right front wheel does not seem to go 1 whole revolution before it stops, can't figure out why? Any ideas? I checked the diff fluid, it has new front bearings. I am stumped and not happy with the dealer's answers.

Original review: July 16, 2017

This is the biggest mistake I made buying an Arctic Cat (2014 Prowler HDX 500). Arctic Cat will not back their name as quality. Bought extended warranty from RPMone and they are just as corrupt. Nothing but trouble from day one of purchase. Axle broke after one month... repaired by dealer. Wheel fell off after repair and it was repaired again. After the third time repaired myself because insurance claimed it was normal wear and tear so that is not covered. Belt broke because clutch was bad and dealer repaired but did not replace so the cost was on me.

The utv is not abused but is a piece of junk. I called Arctic Cat who allows a business to sell but not properly repair and of course they didn't care because they got their money. We just made another purchase of a Honda and we are hoping this will be our brand. Of course the side by side is in garage broke again. We have not had the Arctic Cat UTV but 2 years and have used about 3 months total without it being broken. DO NOT BUY ARCTIC CAT BRAND!!!

Arctic Cat Company Information