Sunair Awnings & Solar Screens
ConsumerAffairs Unaccredited Brand
Currently there are no customer reviews.
Sunair Awnings & Solar Screens expert review by ConsumerAffairs
Sunair, which was originally founded in Sweden, has been in business since 1978 and makes retractable awnings and shade systems for homeowners and restaurants. They work with a large network of independent dealers in North America, the Caribbean and Mexico.
- Delivery time: Sunair has a faster than average delivery time, even on customized items.
- Fabric: Sunair offers hundreds of acrylic and mesh fabric colors to choose from.
- Experience: The company has been in business over 35 years and is highly experienced in making and selling awnings.
- Motors: The manual crank handle is much more popular as the motorized versions are prone to needing repairs.
- Warranty: A 10-year warranty is offered but it doesn’t cover damage by wind or rain.
- Best for: Homeowners, Business Owners
The ConsumerAffairs Research Team believes everyone deserves to make smart decisions. We aim to provide readers with the most up-to-date information available about today's consumer products and services.
Sunair Awnings & Solar Screens questions and answers
- What problem is Sunair trying to solve?
- Sunair aims to transform outdoor areas into comfortable living spaces. Our products help prevent UV-induced melanoma while reducing solar heat gain – thereby reducing air conditioning costs.
- What sets Sunair apart from the competition?
- Our company has the broadest product offerings in the industry. Sunair is family owned and is not a corporate division. With plants on both the East and West Coasts, we can cut delivery time and cost. Sunair offers 9 standard frame color choices as well as any custom color, and we use forged aluminum components at all stress points.
- What needs do your product and services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
- Our customized products solve the need for temporary shade and sun protection. Sunair dealers provide product selection, installation and service. Our dealer network even offers in-home consultation and estimates at no charge.
- How does Sunair measure success?
- As a business with 37 years of company growth and enhancements to our product line, Sunair believes customer referrals are a testament to our great products, fair prices and available support.
- What’s the most common misconception consumers have about the awnings industry?
- Consumers often believe that low prices automatically equate to the best deal. Buying quality products will give you the most value for your money. The sweetness of getting a low price is gone long before the bitterness of poor quality remains.
- How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
- Over the last 5 years, consolidation among manufacturers has been increasingly common in our industry. A number of manufacturers have ceased to exist or have been acquired by larger companies. As a family-owned company with a 5 generation history, that won’t happen with Sunair.
In the last 10 years, the modernization of components and manufacturing processes has automated production and enhanced the quality of our products.
- What is something you wish every consumer knew about Sunair?
- We wish all consumers would exercise due diligence when first evaluating the manufacturer and the actual product, and also when evaluating the selling and installing dealer. If they would do this, the real value that Sunair represents would be apparent.
Sunair Awnings & Solar Screens Company Information
- Company Name:
- Sunair Awnings & Solar Screens
- Year Founded:
- 7785 Route 175
- Postal Code:
- United States