Reed Awning

Compare Awning Companies

Research top Awning Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

It was an ok experience. They came out and did all the measurements and checking. Custom fittings and measurements for each awning. The representative was helpful and got the job down in a timely matter. All parts were completed and attached correctly and professionally. The warranty in my opinion is good. Three year warranty is in place. In my opinion that is fair. Haven't had any issues or no needs to replace or have it looked at. Very easy to use. The representative went over everything and checked everything so that it was working properly. Product is very durable. Will feel comfortable with the warranty that there is no issues.

The installation was an okay experience. Of course big, heavy duty projects are never going to be easy. So I can't really complain other than that. I would recommend getting the warranty because it's a very expensive product and don't want to have to buy another one if it breaks without a warranty. I wouldn't want to spend that all over again. It's very easy to use. Just a touch of your hand and it goes. That's the thing I love the most. And very easy to clean. I love it. I would highly, highly recommend! It's very durable. And it better be considering how much I spent on the products and also the warranty alone. It better last! But so far so good!!

The installation was quick and easy. Very fast, very professional, and well worth it. I would highly recommend this company and their amazing products. The warranty is amazing and makes it all worth the costs. Guaranteed to last long. Made of great material and manufactured well so the warranty is almost not needed. Very easy to use, quickly rolls out. Does what it is expected to do. Never gets stuck. Very sturdy. No worries or problems with use some far. Amazingly durable great materials used put together. Very well expected to last a very long time plus the warranty offered is great. Holds up well against the toughest natural elements.

It was done very quickly and professionally. Finished in a timely manner and made little to no mess, and cleaned up. Was polite and tried to stay out of our way. Looks great as well. The warranty I got was fairly priced. Not included in cost of awning and installation, but not expensive either. It's long term and covers just about any damage or if there was faulty installation. Very easy to clean. I can easily pull it out to cover the patio and then put it back when I want some sun without asking for my fiance assistance. It was very sturdily installed. The awning material is thick and has yet to tear or rip. The handle seems good. It's easy to crank and looks like it will withstand rusting.

The construction was done quickly and neatly. 5 men worked on the task and completed it within 1 week. The job was done well and has held up strong in the most violent of storms (excluding tornado). Any damage caused by poor workmanship shall have a lifetime warranty. While damage from nature shall carry a 90-day warranty. I am very pleased with the warranty and recommend it to others.

It's a wonderful tool to own for those hot summer days. It holds up very well in inclement weather. It's very simple to open and close, as mine works mechanically. The process takes app. 5 minutes from start to finish. As I've pointed out, the awning is very durable, especially in inclement weather. The material used is strong and appears to be able to handle the nastiest of rainfall. I am very pleased.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Reed Awning?

It did not take as long as thought for it to be installed and I like the employee. They were very helpful with the questions I had. I also loved how sturdy the awning were. It seemed that they would last a long time. Thanks to them. The warranty was very helpful. If they were to get damaged they can easily be replaced without being penalized. Which would be helpful if you have very rowdy kids or it just fell out of nowhere. The warranty is a lot better than other places out there. I love that these awnings are easy to use and not real difficult to use unlike the previous ones that I had with a different company. This company awnings are more efficient at opening than a lot of other companies' awnings. I love that this company had very sturdy and reliable awnings. I enjoy using their awnings because I know that most likely not gonna break under pressure unlike other awnings. The material that they used seemed so strong like it would be able take a hit without breaking.

Installation was easy and sweet and done way quicker than expected which I was thankful for because I assumed it was going to be an all day process. Warranty was easy to understand and covered quite a few bases that I didn't think would be covered by warranty so just in case something breaks I can replace it free. It was easy to use retractable for shade sun or just your run of the mill everyday patio outing when you don't wanna get burnt but you still wanna kick it. Product takes a beating but keeps on ticking. Rain, hail, sleet, snow you can pound my awning with anything and it'll still be standing because it's durable.

We added a deck on the back of the house and wanted an awning to help with Texas heat. They came out and had it installed in no time. They were efficient and very polite and left no mess. The 5 yrs warranty too is good but the all weather warranty is better. In Texas if you don't like the weather... Must wait a minute it will change. We got to sit out in the rain under the awning and enjoy the cool air. We just crank it out and start enjoying it. Now l Wish they one in the corner of the hard where l can have a fire pit and barbeque. From talking to the reps, this is an easy install also. We in Texas have outrageously hot weather and the sun can fade and destroy any fabric in no time. But these awnings seem to be made from some really durable fabric.

The installation process was shorter than I had anticipated. I believe it took about two days to successfully installed the awnings. The workers were extremely helpful, and seemed knowledgeable about the product. The warranty does not cover all but it covers just enough. Although I might not need it in the future since I have not had a problem with the awnings, and doesn't seem like I will in the future. The awnings are surprisingly easy to use. I simply pull the trigger and my awnings are ready to use. It is super simple, fast and effective. So far I have not had any problems with the awnings and I use them very often. They have been through heat and rain and still look the way they did when they were first installed.

They took time to correctly install with much care and attentiveness. It was not a poor job and I would definitely recommend this company to others looking for installation. It was a standard warranty. There were no surprises when it came to the quality. I do expect it to last but I do not feel as though it was anything more than normal. It is really easy to use. No complications with access or working. It has a great simplicity to it that makes me feel at ease about using it everyday. It has not fully been put through a test but it does seem very sturdy and well made. I do believe it can last through windy and rainy weather such as it should.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Reed Awning is a subsidiary of Ohio Awning and Manufacturing and is a state-of-the-art retractable awning company headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio.

• Selection: Reed partners with a wide variety of companies, such as Sattler, Dickson and Sunbrella, to offer a wide variety of mesh, fabric and controls to customers.
  • Customer service: Reed Awning is a family-owned business with 150 years under its belt and provides its customers with excellent service, from the selection process through installation and beyond.
  • Residential awnings: Reed has a wide selection of residential awning options, but does not provide commercial awnings.
  • Locations: Reed isn’t as big as some of the other awning manufacturers and therefore doesn’t have as many locations.
  • Best for Homeowners