Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Wal-Mart Tire & Lube

Wal-Mart Oil and Lube
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.27/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Wal-Mart Oil and Lube Reviews

Original review: Oct. 13, 2011

I had an oil change at the Wal-Mart in Westminster, CA back in August. On my way home from that service, the oil filter blew off and I lost all the oil. The engine seized up and I was required to replace the engine. I filed a complaint. I was sent a letter stating that Honeywell made the oil filter, so it was their problem. They said that they sent the filter to Honeywell. Honeywell said that they did not receive it. However, the filter came off the car on the freeway and no one has the filter.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2011

I bought four Uniroyal Liberator 225/75/15 tires for my Ford Ranger pickup. They rolled out the truck after mounting and balancing the tires. Well, the raised white letters on one tire were in mounted in and the other three were out. Absolute **! These are small tires by today's pickup truck standards and 3 of the wheels had 4 ounces of weight on them and one had 6 ounces. Yes, 6 ounces all on the outside of the nice Ford factory alloy wheels. They used the wrong type of weights too that were not suitable for Ford wheels. Then, I asked them why was so much weight needed? The person in charge said that it is common for 75 series tires to need a bunch of weight. I left and of course, there was vibration. I did not go back.

I took the truck to the nearest Ford dealer quick service department. The weights were wrong and when Ford got done balancing the tires, they told me every tire had to be remounted then rebalanced. Each wheel needed less than 2 ounces of weight. The price for the tires was very low but sometimes, the low price has consequences. The wheels had marks all over the outside and looked bad for being a 2-year old truck. I just look at it as a lesson learned. Just beware!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2011

On August 2,2011, I brought my 2008 Nissan Versa to Walmart Middletown, NY for an oil change. The mechanic failed to replace the oil filter and replace the proper amount of oil. I had to add 5 quarts of oil in the first weekend of September because the engine light went on and the car started hesitating, and when I pulled into the gas station, I made the discovery that m y engine was pretty much burning itself up. My better half was my witness to this.

We put in the oil, and today, October 11, 2011, I had another oil change a t my mechanic and he confirmed that there was no way the oil filter had been changed and he could not locate the origin to a ticking sound my engine is making. I will save all my receipts and now will bring the car to the dealership to be evaluated. I think this is awful. I'm a nurse and pride myself on taking care of other people. People just want to go in to work 8 hours and go home with no pride in their work. I don't care how long it takes.

Wal-mart: You are responsible. I need my car to get to work!

Signed,

A Very Dissatisfied Mom/Nurse Whose Kids Depend on their Mom's Job to Live!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2011

I went to the auto department to buy a new tire. Edwin asked me what size was my tire. I said, "I didn't know. You have me in the computer since I bring my cars here all the time." He looked at my tire then said, "We only have expensive tires for your car," as if I cannot afford the tire. I was taken aback by this. I told him, “I don't believe you. I come here all the time. You should have more tires. I'll check inside!” Mr. Edwin ** then yelled at me and said, “We don't sell cheap tires here!” I have credit cards and 300 dollars in cash in my wallet. Just because I am black female doesn't mean I am poor. I complained to the managers and contacted my lawyer considering racial discrimination. I would not let him work on my car. I was told by some of the employees there that he has several complaints concerning him. Why is he still there?! Thanks to James and the others who changed my tire and said how sorry they were. They all have problems with him.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2011

On April 25th, 2011, I went to the Wal-Mart store at 2801 Northwestern Ave, West Lafayette, Indiana, to have a tire replaced that had been cut in a spree by an individual/individuals who was/were, apparently, unhappy about the outcome of a Purdue basketball game.

The tire that was placed on my car, however, had a slow, steady leak that got worse with time. I took my car to the Wal-Mart store that is on Commerce Drive in Lafayette, Indiana, at that time and stopped in to have it checked. I was informed at that time that it was a faulty valve stem which they attempted to charge me $15 dollars for (I successfully argued that if it was a faulty valve stem or if it was incorrectly installed that I should not have to cover that expense). This did not correct the problem so I took it back, again, and was told, again, that it was yet another faulty valve stem which they, again, replaced at no cost.

Once again this did not fix the problem and the tire went nearly flat as I was en route to an appointment at the VA hospital in Danville, Illinois. I was able to stop the car without damaging the tire as it still had 15lbs of pressure when I removed it from my car. I hurriedly inspected the tire after Id removed it and found nothing apparent to be the cause.

I quickly installed my donut, went to my appointment (late) and then drove back to the Wal-Mart store on Commerce Drive, again, to attempt to get to the heart of this problem. It was at this time that the tech who had removed my tire from the rim twice by this time to replace the valve stems, informed me that I had picked a nail up in my sidewall, yet, contrary to their standard operating procedures, this tech failed to present me with my tire to show me this alleged nail and I did not contest that at the time as I just wanted my car to be right so I could get to where I needed to be as I was late, again, for an appointment because of this continuing problem.

Therefore, I had to buy yet another new tire. Only this new tire, also, would not hold air and I was eventually told by this same technician that my rim had developed rust around the valve stem area and that I needed a new rim something he failed to notice every other time. This tech, in order to replace the valve stem and discover the alleged rusted out nature of the area around my valve stem on the rim, once again removed the tire from the rim and, this time, tooled the area around the valve stem opening to eliminate the alleged rust, and if he didn't damage the bead the first or the second time he removed it to replace the valve stems he did so at this time (which I find dubious) or, more likely, he further exacerbated the problem as I was now putting air in its daily to get to where I needed to be.

When I returned to the Wal-Mart store on Commerce Drive, yet again, the technician that had mounted the tire and replaced the valve stems was not present. The tech that was present removed my tire so that it could be placed on my new rim and discovered that there was an installation error that had damaged the bead on my tire. Therefore, it wasn't the valve stems or the alleged rust that had allegedly developed near the valve stem. It was human error and/or outright negligence.

The tech that informed me it was the rust stipulated that he had removed that rust from around the valve stem area and patched it in a way that should allow it to hold air until such time as I was able to procure a new rim. However, upon inspection of the valve stem area of my old rim I discovered that there was not sufficient rust present to justify the technicians claim and it was a 70 mile round trip that took me to Monticello, Indiana, where I could find a good, used rim. All for a trip I didn't need to make, fuel I didn't need to burn, and a rim I apparently didn't need to buy.

So due to seeming incompetence at both Wal-Mart stores in this area, but chiefly due to the incompetence of the tech who repeatedly failed to diagnose the problem with my tire, and his repeated removal of my tire to replace valve stems that weren't the problem, and due to the fact that he seems to have lied to me to cover his mistakes, I had to buy a tire that I should not have had to buy, put 75 miles on my car to buy a rim I did not need, missed several doctor appointments, and had to deal with the uneasiness of driving a vehicle that might have a blowout at any time.

I now believe that there never was a nail in my tire as he failed to comply with what was/is standard operating procedures by showing me evidence that supported his claim, that he knew he had damaged my tire, and that he didn't want to own up to having damaged it to his superiors so he concocted this story that caused me to put these unnecessary miles on my car and caused me to buy a tire and a rim I did not need.

If this is true, and I have come to believe that it is, he also put what he knew to be a damaged tire back on my car to cover his mistakes and subsequently put me in a situation where I could have placed myself, my family/passengers, and other drivers at risk had I had a blow-out going down the highway. For this reason I feel as my personal safety and the safety of my passengers as well as others on the road was purposely placed in jeopardy simply because this individual didn't want to admit he screwed up.

Therefore I feel as though I have been violated by the automotive department at the Wal-Mart on Commerce Drive as this individual, essentially, purposely put his hand in my wallet by making a false claim that was made for no other reason than to keep him from appearing incompetent and caused me to eat the tire he damaged as well as a rim I did not need, and the fuel I didn't need to burn as well as the time I didn't need to waste enduring this entire fiasco.
    This technician therefore, put his hand into my wallet for no good reason other than to cover for his ineptitude. Had I walked into Wal-Mart and put my hand in their wallet by trying to take something without paying for it I would have been prosecuted for theft. When I pointed this out to Ron (asst mgr, last name unknown as are all the others who work there as they refuse to supply this information) and explained to him that this is what I feel his employee had done to me, I told him that I expected that employee to be fired. He then proceeded to tell me that they would most certainly not fire him but rather would coach this technician so that this would not happen to anyone else.

This, also, has caused me to feel violated as I would have been prosecuted and his employee is going to be coached but then by acting as he did this employee did improve the bottom line for Wal-Mart so, apparently they see him as an asset. So they greet you in the front, and throw you to the wolves in the back.

I also find their offers of a $14, $40, and $50 gift cards insulting as I am out more than that and the money I was forced to spend at Wal-Mart (as well as several other unnecessary expenses) because of this less than professional individual, could have been spent anywhere, yet they wanted to compensate me in a way that would force me to spend my money at their stores.

This is wholly offensive to me. The actions of this technician, in all probability, knowingly placed myself and others in jeopardy by covering for his mistakes. Management then compounded this by refusing to discipline an employee that, essentially, stole from me - and then to be offered a $14, $40, and then $50 gift card rather than compensating me for my actual losses is also insulting and as far as I'm concerned is tantamount to adding insult to injury. For these reasons I am seeking the maximum this court allows for actual damages and for the maltreatment by both the technician and the actions of management who didn't seem to care that I had been ripped off.

Furthermore, since I feel this technician willfully covered his mistakes to keep from appearing inept, he stole from me and I would like to ask this court to recommend that he be prosecuted for theft, and since the manager, Ron, was made fully aware of my concerns about this and has flatly refused to discipline this individual I would also like to ask this court to extend that charge to him so that corporate Wal-Mart will get the message that when they rip off their customers that they will face the same kind of prosecution as I would if I had ripped them off.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Original review: Oct. 7, 2011

I went to Wal-Mart to make my 2008 Jetta oil change on October 4, 2011. The attendant told me they don’t carry the necessary tools to do the job. I can't believe a big corporation like Wal-Mart does not carry the necessary tools to work on a simple, everyday, casual car like a Jetta. I was surprised and also offended in a way. I thought the attendant didn’t want to work on my car. So, I asked him, “Is it only in this Wal-Mart lube in Torrance or on all of them?” He said all of them. They don’t work on freight cars. So, I wonder, isn’t that kind of racist towards freight cars? If that's so, Wal-Mart is losing a lot of business by not working on freight cars. If a supervisor or a general manager reads this, please pay much attention to all the revenue Wal-Mart is missing out on. For my first time to go to Wal-Mart lube, I don’t think I'll go back for any other car. They might not have the correct equipment for that car. I would like an explanation or somebody to contact me to verify this. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2011

I took a newly bought truck to Walmart to have new tires installed. A young technician (I use this term very loosely) pulled the tailgate latch and allowed the gate to fall open on its own, breaking the cables and damaging the tailgate against the bumper. When I saw this, I confronted him and he said, "I guess we need a manager." The manager took the photos and statement, and said that Walmart was self insured and that they would take care of it.

After two weeks of phone calls, an insurer representative stated, "We are not accepting responsibility so sue us!" When I went to file a suit, I was told that it was $50 to file and there was a one-year wait. I paid for the repair myself ($1,100) and boycotted Walmart for years afterwards. The worst part was watching how the technician allowed the tailgate to drop on its own. If you can't even keep a job with Walmart Auto, you pretty much can't work anywhere!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2011

I bought a new set of tires in February of 2010 at Walmart. I have always had them rotated and balanced and when I bought the tires, I got the warranty with them. I went today to get an oil change and to get my tires balanced and rotated again. First, they told me they can't balance and rotate them because I already need a new set. They told me they have no record of me doing my balancing and rotating there, so therefore, they can't replace the tires. Then, they told me they put the wrong size tires on there to be begin with, but can't do anything about it. I think they should be made to replace my tires free of cost because they are the ones who put the wrong size on there, in the first place.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2011

On a Labor Day weekend (September 2011), I brought my son's car into Walmart Mitchell SD for two new front tires. Last night, one of them fell off at 60 miles an hour in Omaha, Nebraska. They found the tire, bought new lug nuts, reinstalled the tire and continued back to the college with a damaged car. The brake disc that bounced off the highway when the tire fell off has visually been damaged and will need to be replaced. The body of the car between the wheel well and the driver's door is damaged enough to limit the functioning of the door.

Walmart's local Mitchell store manager says that they will not pay because they do not have proof that they are at fault. They say that we needed to call them to come to the site of the accident. They say that their video of the tire install shows that they performed their duty adequately. They also say that because we did not have them recheck the lugs in the first 50 miles, we have no justifiable claim. Then, why did our tire fall off?

Original review: Sept. 26, 2011

Terrible service! At the store in Woodhaven, Michigan, most of the workers are rude and were never around to help assist customers. I went to purchase 4 new tires and had no help at all. When I asked an employee for assistance, the woman seemed bothered about finding someone in the tire department. I had a hard time searching for help, so I ended up leaving the store and went down the street to Discount tire, where I had amazing help. I bought 4 new tires, spending $590, I will never go back to this store again. Your employees need to learn skills in dealing with customers. It's not the first time that I have problems there, but I will never go back.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2011

Severed ties with my local Ford dealer earlier this year with whom we had done business since 1994. Then, I started taking my wife's car, a 2007 Ford Focus, for service to Walmart's Tire and Lube Express until I found a new dealer to do business with. The third time was definitely not a charm, this time around. Walmart's "certified" technicians negligently installed the wrong oil filter on the car.

Eleven days later, on a Friday afternoon, my wife was left stranded on a busy highway. Diagnosis: seized engine. Let me repeat that: seized engine. At the moment, I am in contact with Walmart's insurance carrier and by my experience so far, you would assume that I was the one who was at fault. The advice would be to check with a private shop, even if it's a little inconvenience to have your car serviced there, or switch brands and find a good dealer with knowledgeable salesmen and experienced shop. Run as far away from any Walmart Tire and Lube Express as you can because you could be next.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2011

I brought my car in for an oil change and a tire rotation over my lunch break. It was not busy at all. All service technicians were just walking around, talking to each other and their girlfriends. It took an hour and a half. I was late getting back to work; very frustrating, totally unprofessional.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2011

While on a visit in Las Vegas, Nevada, we decided to get an oil change done at your store (#2592) on Craig Road. At arrival, there was one car in the bay for tire replacement. We were instructed to drive up to the bay and wait for a service advisor. He took down the information that he needed and drove the car into the bay. A second car was behind us. After sitting in the bay for approximately 30 minutes, someone finally started the oil change on our car. I noted that there were three techs present, and one of them was disappearing all the time. At the completion of the oil change, I went inside to pay and was advised that the system was locked up. The cashier was waiting for a supervisor to come, which took another 30 minutes. Our time of arrival was 9:00 a.m. and our time of departure was 10:30 a.m. I feel that this is absolutely poor customer service and I am not likely to do this again.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2011

I went to three different Walmart Murphy Oil locations to use MurPay's text gas purchase program. I was declined on all five attempts. I called Certegy and was told that I was flagged because I didn't meet the parameters of their computer model. They also explained that they did not have any negative or bad check-writing history for me, whatsoever. I made several attempts to resolve this with Certegy and Murphy's Customer Service without success or any further help. I will stop using MurPay and maybe Murphy Oil products.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2011

I went into Walmart today to have an oil change, left my car without worry and went in to do some shopping. Forty five minutes later, after I paid for the oil change, I walked to find my car with a puddle of oil under it, in the hood--there was oil all over the engine parts. I immediately took pictures and contacted the management (who was rude), then the corporate. Unable for them to drive the car, they pushed it back to the shop. After some looking, the supervisor said that they overfilled the gasket. Unable to fix it, my car is now going to be towed and going to be in the shop for I don't know how long. It is just ironic that a simple oil change left me without a car. Thanks, Walmart. I appreciate any legal advice because I am not paying for any of it. Thanks.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2011

On September 7, 2011at 16:44:33, I took my flat tire to store 0112 to be repaired. After the repair, I was told I had to pay $12.84 for the MS State Fee, tire disposal and the purchase of a new road hazard warranty.

In every Walmart I've been to, it's clearly posted the only time you can purchase a road hazard warranty is at the time of purchase. The Road Hazard Warranty states: "Replacement under the Walmart Road Hazard Warranty will be pro-rated based on the percent of usable tread remaining and the current Walmart price. This warranty only applies to the original purchaser and the tires mounted and balanced on the original vehicle and does not include tires dismounted from vehicle and remounted onto another vehicle. Note: If the original purchaser of the Road Hazard Warranty sells their vehicle, then the warranty is invalid."

The tire was put on new on July 2, 2011.The odometer reading was 14201. The odometer reading was 16291 on September 7, 2011. The warranty does not say anywhere that if the tire is replaced, the Road Hazard Warranty must be purchased. My problem is, I didn't go to Walmart to purchase a tire. The Warranty posted in your stores states clearly the only time you can purchase the Road Hazard Warranty is when you purchase the tire.

Why should I be forced to purchase a new road hazard warranty, if I want the coverage, when my visit was due to a road hazard? "Our pledge to you" does not reveal this is a charge that I would have to pay. I am the original purchaser, the tire is on the original car. The tire was not, nor has it ever been dismounted and placed on another vehicle. If I were to pay this charge, the warranty should state that.

The assistant manager Sharley whom I spoke with was trying to tell me, reading off the warranty, mind you, "This warranty only applies to the original purchase, not purchaser." She read it to me over and over. Purchase and Purchaser are two different things.

I was not in violation of the warranty. If Walmart wants to charge $10 for a road hazard replacement on the new tire, Walmart needs to take all the signs down in every store, the one that says the only time you have to pay is when you have a road hazard. That tire is covered under the manufacturer warranty, which means it didn't cost Walmart anything to replace the tire.

On the day of the incident, every person in the automotive area was talking about me among each other. "She should know she has to pay for the warranty if a new tire is put on " and "this is how we always did it." I was referred to by Sharley the assistant manager as "this lady" in a nasty way, instead of "a customer".

Bottom line, when a road hazard warranty does not tell me I have to pay for a new warranty coming to the store on a road hazard, it should be in your pledge. I was charged $10 which is not specified on the warranty.

I want my money back. I was in the store on this issue waiting for assistance for at least one hour. I'm a customer who spends at least $400 per month in your store, which includes grocery. Respect is a good thing when you encounter a problem or disagreement. Sharley walked away with an attitude from me after I said, OK, I will pay for the warranty and take it up with Walmart directly. The way I was talked about and treated on that day is not the vision Walmart employs.

Bottom line, If I'm in the store on the road hazard warranty, I shouldn't have to pay for a road hazard warranty when I come in Walmart with a road hazard.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2011

I had an oil change last June 25th and August 13th, twice in a 3-month period. I took 2 trips out of state in a 2-month period. On both occasions, there was no oil in the car. I brought the car back to TX, not knowing there was no oil. I realized there was a problem when both engine and oil lights came on. I took the car to Auto Zone and Honda Dealership, both advised that there was not a drop of oil. It was drained but non was put back in the car.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2011

On September 10, 2011, I bought my Jeep for an oil change at the Wal Mart Store in Mount Olive, NJ, store number 3291. It took them 3 and a half hours to change my oil. I got there at 10:00am and I didn't leave until 1:30pm. I will never go there again to get my oil changed. It was unbelievable and I am very disappointed because I used to go there every time I needed it done. It was horrible, and once again, I will never return.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2011

On September 8, 2011, I called Walmart Tire and Lube in Bechtelsville, PA to get Good Year Viva 2 tires on my 2004 Chrysler Sebring Sedan. I set up an appointment for the next day, September 9, 2011 at 4pm. When I arrived, Ricky, who was the person I spoke to the day before and had set aside Viva 2 tires. He tried to tell me that it was not the legal tires on my car. That was a lie and a scam to upsell me to more expensive tires.

First, he claimed that the car needs touring tire. The Viva 2 are T-rated tires, which makes them a touring tire. Second, all the four tires that are presently on my car are Good Year Viva 2, and guess what, they were sold and mounted on the same vehicle by Bechtelsville Walmart Tire and Lube about 2 and a half years ago. Third, the car came from the factory with Viva 1s and the Viva 2s are the new Viva models. I want Ricky and the service manager fired or I am contacting a lawyer and filing a lawsuit against Walmart for illegally trying to pull the bait-and-switch sales scam. Which by the way is against the law.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2011

I ran over a screw in my employer's driveway. I immediately took the vehicle to Wal-Mart, which is only about a mile away. I said I ran a screw over and needed it plugged or patched. He took my info down and directed me to pull my truck up to the bay.

At this time I asked if there was anyone even working. He said, "Oh, they're somewhere." I said how long does it take to do this and he replied "about 20 minutes. There isn't anyone here". There was one vehicle in the oil change bay. I was the only vehicle in the tire change bay. Fixing this problem included dismounting the tire, fixing the hole, remounting, balancing and installing the tire back on the truck. It shouldn't take too long, right?

Per the service order, I checked into Wal-Mart at 1:40 p.m. and checked out at 3:01 p.m. That's an hour and 21 minutes! I watched out through the window as the guy fixing it moved slower than a sloth. I couldn't believe this! The manager ended up finishing the job because he was moving too slow.

I took a vehicle to this facility one other time a few years back. I was leaving for a vacation and needed some last-minute stuff before driving five hours to my lake house. After an hour, the man said they're wrapping it up. Another hour went by. Then they kindly explained that he installed the wrong drain plug back into my oil pan and stripped it out. What? I was leaving for vacation and was now even further behind. They "fixed" it with a multi-fit plug, used a rubber grommet to seal. To cut to the chase, I drove to upstate NY and arrived to my lake house, only to find that I had leaked all of my oil out and there was nothing on the dip stick at all!

I will never take another vehicle to this place again!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2011

My car slipped at Walmart while replacing with new tires. It got damaged mechanically and the body work needs to be done.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2011

Upon returning a tire under warranty, the service department decided that the warranty expired after only a year and a half and told me that it wasn't renewed. I explained to them that I had road hazard protection but he insisted that he couldn't find it in his computer. After being there for two hours dealing with their incompetence, I bought a new tire and was on my way. I finally called the Walmart in Palm Coast, FL, where the set was purchased and talked with the service person there and by punching in my phone number, she had all the warranty information on my tires!

I got scammed in Ohio for a new tire! I paid out $175 for a tire that would have cost me $50 or so after prorating.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2011

I was traveling from Myrtle Beach to Vegas, stopped to change my tires at Wal Mart in Canton Tx.

They dropped my vehicle from the lift body, got squashed in the bottom and broke many things but it was running so I left, didn't know what was going to happen on the road. Then A/C stopped working, airbag and engine light was on permanently and it was overheating every 30 minutes.

It was evening, somehow I made it by filling water in a hot burning weather without A/C. Finally stopped in Phoenix, Az, rented a motel and still here trying to deal with Wal Mart. They are giving me runaround after sending all the estimates and everything.

Now I am sending this last email to them or I will get a lawyer. As Wal Mart manager said to me that get the repair estimate and fax to us and we did. After everything I went through, you asked and said on the phone after the painful and demeaning insulting conversation on 8/26/2011. You said that you will send an adjuster to check the vehicle but instead I received a letter without any positive results.

I have been a very loyal customer of Wal Mart and Sams Club for over 20 years and spent over $300 to even $1000 a month sometimes. It seems like you are pushing away a friend and a customer cold-heartedly, which is not nice. I hate to lose our friendship this way, so please do something positive and fair or you have left me no choice but to see my lawyer. So please respond to this letter right away.

Thank you. I deal with stock market buy-sell trade and I might send copies of this letter and everything to the world

Original review: Sept. 2, 2011

09/01/2011, I took my car for an oil change at Walmart. I left the keys in the car and went shopping. I was page by Miss Nancy and was told by the tech that my key won't turn. Mind you, the car is now in the center; it had to start and move to be next. Another tech came and got it started, got the oil change done. They then parked my car and told me it was ready. I paid and went to my car, the key won't turn. I talked to a manager, the other told that I came with this problem and that it's not their fault. My car is a 1997 Saturn and never had this happened until now. I had to call AAA and they will fix it for 250. I don't have the money and I don't know what to do. I need my car to look for work and I have not heard from them. This hurts.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2011

I took my car to Walmart for an oil change. Within an hour of the oil change, the car quit in the middle of the highway.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2011

On July 21, 2011, I took my car for an oil change at Walmart Tire Lube & Express. I was asked if I wanted my air filter changed, and I said, "Yes." I asked that they check all the fluids in my car as well. I get in the car and head to work that morning and they did not fill my washer fluid, which isn't a big deal, but when you pay for that, you expect them to do their job. Also, they marked on the receipt that I declined an air filter when I specifically requested a new air filter.

Within 5 days of the oil change, my motor blew up and what oil was in the car leaked all over the ground. I had to pay to have the car towed back home. I began the process of filing the claim with Walmart. The claims handler advised that they have video of the guy putting oil in my car; however, I have since found out that they never changed my oil filter, so I paid $40.00 plus tax for them not to change my oil filter, air filter, or fill up the washer fluid.

Walmart has since denied my claim. I am going to try to overturn the denial and get some of the money that I have had to pay to replace the motor. I have had the store manager attempt to get me to come back to have the fluids filled this was prior to the motor blow up. I will never trust Walmart with my car again. I am boycotting that particular Walmart as well. Beware!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2011

I purchased a set of four Goodyear Viva 2 tires, sized P225/60R16s for $70 per tire, $10 each road hazard and $7.50 per tire lifetime balancing. This cost $364.00 not including tax, June 28, 2010 with 129082 on my odometer. Today, August 30, 2011, the sidewall on my left front tire was split by a road hazard. The mileage on my odometer was 147132. I put 18,000 miles on a 60,000 mile tire. They put a new tire on and promptly charged me $40.00; money I did not have. Nor, for liability reasons would they remount the old tire.

They have a policy after that if tread is worn a certain depth, they will prorate the tire and in this case, I probably used up one third of the tire. I have no beef with that. My problem is that no one told me before any service work was done and they presented me with a bill. Now, I'm driving on a spare that's in rough shape for the next three days. Walmart needs to reevaluate their view of ethics of doing work. The customer isn't informed and will cost them money. I work in heating and cooling, and would have to eat up the costs of work done without informing a customer.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2011

I noticed my breaks weren't working properly about a week ago. I went to my local mechanic to get my breaks fixed and they told me that it was going to be about $500 to get it fixed, and that someone put oil in my master cylinder! He told me that the last person to work on my car did that, and I traced it back to Walmart. I called Walmart's auto repairs and spoke with Mike, who told me that there was no record of me coming there after I know that I went there this summer and have credit card records to prove that. I was then told to get credit card records and times so video surveillance can be checked to confirm that I was in the store and that work was done on my car and to find out which worker did the work and if he put oil in my brakes.

This is very dangerous that someone with such a lack of knowledge in automotive works in this department servicing vehicles.

The cost of repairs to my vehicle is going to be over $500 or more depending on how many rubber seals were damaged from the oil. My master cylinder was damaged and the whole brake system needs to be flushed.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2011

On 7/20/2011, I took my car to Walmart auto department to have my tires rotated and balanced (free lifetime warranty purchased for all of our vehicles in household). The man told me it would take about 45 minutes. It was done quite quickly but I did not know any better (myself and daughter went). As I was driving home to Middleburg, I noticed a different noise coming from the car and a shaking. I called from my cell and a man said that it was normal, just to drive and it will work itself out. I did, and when I got home, it was still doing the same thing.

I called again and was told to go to the Walmart in Middleburg and have them check it out. I went back out to Middleburg and spoke with a man named Joseph and he told me, after looking at the tires, that there was 5 pounds of pressure left out in each tire. He proceeded to help us out and was very professional and friendly and said that there are a lot of complaints that come out of the OP district. He filled the tires and we left.

Well, since that first day in Orange Park, the car has not run properly. I called three times to see if I could bring it in and each time they told me they were very busy and for me to call tomorrow. Well, fearing that something bad would happen to me and my daughter, I took it today to the Middleburg office and told them what was going on (Joseph was not there today) and after checking the car out, they told me that the Orange Park Walmart did not balance the tires at all! What the ** is going on? I cannot believe that we were screwed by these guys there. Was it because we were females or the fact that it was a lifetime warranty and they did not give a **? Please tell me, I'd love to know. For such a reputable company as Walmart, I find this completely unacceptable. Had we got hurt, what would have happened then?

I knew I needed a front end alignment and was told that by them that not doing what they were supposed to do, it made my car worse. What am I supposed to do now? I cannot afford a front end alignment right now and I am scared for me and my daughter to drive in case something happens.

When all of this occurred the same day, I phoned the manager of the OP office and told him what had happened and he apologized over and over and said that it was unprofessional and he would speak with the technician. I let it go, until today, when I was told that they had no regard for our safety. Our family has spent a boatload of money at Walmart over the past 20 years and to have this happen to me is sad and disappointing. I am sure we will find another place to shop after this. I cannot trust anyone there anymore.

My husband works out of town and we are all alone and we came for some help and got screwed! Is there any compassion out there? Do you train your technicians to do this to females? Some people have told me yes. I am going to say that I have a very big mouth and I am not going to let this go. I will tell you now that everyone I know and even people I do not will hear about my experience. My next letter is to the BBB.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2011

I took my 2009 Ford Sport Trac in to have the oil/filter changed. They told me that the drain plug was stripped and that they could not perform the service. I was told that there was no oil in my truck and that it could not be driven. I had it towed to a local mechanic shop and they informed me that the truck was full of oil and that the plug had a burr on it but that it was not stripped.

My complaint is that I paid $65.00 for a tow that I did not need. Now they are saying that it was unfortunate that I was told that there was no oil in but they could not let me drive my truck away in any case. How can they stop me from driving my truck? In any case, I was not given the option of signing a release of liability. I was told that there was no oil in the truck and that it could not be driven.

Wal-Mart Oil and Lube Company Information