Find an Auto Service and Repair partner

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Wal-Mart Oil and Lube Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wal-Mart Oil and Lube?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2012

On 9/12/2012, my fiancee and I took our 2008 Corolla into the Nampa, ID Wal-Mart for an oil change. We asked for the lowest oil change package and asked them not to touch our transmission or anything else as our car is still under warranty with only 45k miles on it. When the oil change was complete and we were called back to TLE, we were told that our car had a transmission leak and that they filled the transmission fluid. Our car had absolutely no problems until Wal-Mart touched it. We drove our car home and the next day when we drove it out of the driveway, we had spots all over our driveway that had never been there before due to this leak. We immediately called Wal-Mart and went in to file a claim. We were met by two assistant managers who gave us a statement too and took pictures of where they said our transmission was leaking from.

The next day, we were contacted by Wal-Mart Claims, Jeremy, who said that it wasn't their fault that it was a preexisting condition and that they weren't at fault. I fought and fought on the phone with Jeremy and he just continued to give me the same response. Feeling like we had gotten nowhere with Wal-Mart, we took our car into the Toyota dealership since it was still under warranty to get the transmission looked at. Toyota called us the next day and told us that the damage to the transmission could not be covered under warranty, because it was caused by an outside force and that we needed to come in and look at the car.

We immediately went to Toyota and they showed us our transmission cover sub-assembly had a large crack in it. They explained to us that damage like this could occur to the bottom of the part by a rock hitting it on the road but that the only way the damage to our vehicle could have been done was by the part being stuck by something because it was on the top on the part not on the bottom. We asked the technician if he could tell us about when this damage could have happened and he said that it was to have been recent or our car would have been totally broke down. He also asked us if we had had our car serviced lately. We told him we had just had it done at Wal-Mart and he told us that that was when it must have occurred because there was no other way that damage could have happened.

We then went back to Wal-Mart with our broken piece in hand to speak with the Wal-Mart store manager. The store manager refused to speak with us and would not even come out of the back of the store. We were again met with another assistant manager who tried to tell us that they had already made the Insurance Claim and could not make another one. I then told the assistant manager that I was going to call the police on him because Wal-Mart had made a fraudulent claim and did not give them the correct evidence. He immediately went to the back of the store and got a camera and took more pictures of our broken piece, and sent us on our way saying there was nothing else they could do as a store. About two hours later, the store manager finally contacted me over the phone and I told her that Toyota said that we could all go over there and that they would explain to them what was going on.

The store manager finally agreed to meet with me at Toyota to look at the car. The Wal-Mart manager and the assistant manager that originally took pictures of our car took more photos of our car at the dealership claiming that they were going to send them into the Claims office. The customer service was so terrible that we decided to contact 1-800-Walmart to tell them about our experience. While on the phone, we were informed that the Nampa Wal-Mart had closed out or claim and that nothing was being done with it. This wasn't even two hours after we met with the store manager at the Toyota dealership! Due to this experience, Wal-Mart has lost us as customers and many more as we tell our story!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2012

Last December 2011 and today, 09/11/12, I had a flat a few miles away from your store. I refill my tire and drove to your store at Alamo, TX, Expressway 83, I arrived almost flat. I asked the tire to be fixed. Later they called me in and told me that my tire could not be replaced due to it having a gash on the side. They told me it was road hazard damage and I had to replace the tire. I looked at the gash on my tire and it was not rough, had no signs of dirt road or stains, it was a clean cut very thin like it was made with a knife. I should have taken a photograph, but I did not. This is the second time that it happened in this store, I could be wrong but you need to look into this. The cut was just too clean, and by the way, it was a brand new tire that I bought in another Wal-Mart. I almost forgot, I talked to **, a store manager about this on 09/11/12, around 7:10pm from my home phone.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2012

I went to Wal-Mart Oil and Lube for regular oil change. I haven’t made it out of the parking lot yet when the check engine light and transmission light came on. I went back and asked them to check it twice, and they said they don’t deal with the lights and I would have to go to dealer. I understand that, but those lights were not on when I got there. I was very worried. I drove 10 miles home and transmission started slipping. I called a friend to come and look because I could not get to the dealer and the transmission fluid was empty even though the receipt said they checked it. I’m looking now for damage. My car is a 2010 model. I am not happy! I will never go back.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2012

I went to Wal-Mart on Monday (Labor Day) to get a nail out of my tire and was told they would be going to lunch from 12 to 1. I returned at 1 to find a note on the door inside the store saying: “Closed till 2.” I waited around and finally a worker came back and I asked him if I could get it fixed. It is now 2:10 and he said it’s going to be another 25 minutes before they will come back. I talked to two acting managers. A man in a wheel chair requested to have a rad hose installed and he was told they were too busy, but there were no cars in the bays. Wow, this department is a joke.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2012

I went in to buy 2 new tires for my grandson's truck at 3:02PM and were told shorthanded. We were told probably be close to 5:00PM before it will be ready. We did some shopping as we didn't want to make another trip. We got no call or page saying the vehicle was ready and when we went back shortly before 5PM to see if it was ready, we discovered it was ready since 3:58PM. We'd been waiting all this time, afraid to get refrigerated items because of delay. My husband and I are both diabetic and it delayed our meal time. To make matters worse, there was nobody at the desk and then another person walked up and got waited on before us. I can promise that I will never use that department of your store on Central Avenue in Hot Springs again and may take all my business somewhere else. This was very poor customer service and this is not the first time there has been problems in this store because of the way people are being treated.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2012

I have a shaking in the front tire on the right side of my car. I took my car to Alignment Pros in Sioux City, Iowa and had the front end aligned. They have been around for over 30 years. They aligned the car and said that everything was fine with the front end, but that one of the tires had an issue because it pulled to the right if you had the right tire on the right side, so they rotated the tires from one side to the other side. Now, the car pulled to the left. They said that one of the tires had a problem.

So, I went to the Walmart where I bought the tires and they rebalanced the tires and said that everything was fine. I drove off and guess what? I had the shake in the front and it pulled to the left bad and you still cannot drive over 50 miles an hour without having a shake. So, I went back. That was when they told the manager that I had a bent rim that they never told me about and Alignment Pros never told me this.

Alignment Pros would have told me if I had a bent rim, and they never did say it was a tire. Anyway, why when I got the tires Walmart in South Sioux City, Nebraska a month ago in July, they never told me of a bent rim and when I was there today, 8-29-12, the tire shop never said anything about a bent rim. The Walmart store only told me when the manager came and said they could not do anything about it. I said, "Maybe I need to go and get new tires elsewhere," and the manager told me that he would refund me all that I paid for the Viva 2s that I had on the car.

I took him up on this because I will get my tires at another Walmart to prove the the manager of the South Sioux City store that it was the tire and they need to get rid of the high school student that they had working for them and Walmart needs to fix tires when they have a problem instead of telling people that they cannot replace tires that people pay for in their warranty. Besides, everyone that has gotten screwed by Walmart needs to write their congressmen and have them shut down all the Walmart stores lying to their customers and not taking care of warranties when people pay for them.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2012

Battery installed wrong - I came to Wal-Mart on Aug 25, 2012 at approximately 9:48 am to have my battery recharged and the technician stated it would be an hour, so I waited until 10:48 am. He came back to inform us that the battery was dead. We asked him how much does the cheapest battery cost. He stated $54.98 without tax. We purchased the battery at 11:08 am. The technician installed the battery and we came home. We live about 10 minutes away from Wal-Mart. We parked the car and we didn't leave out again until 5:45 pm. We started driving North on Providence before we got to the storage when our car turned off. I immediately made a right turn in Rooms To Go parking lot on the left hand side and my children was in the car. When the car finally came to a stop, I popped the hood. My husband lift it up to find that one of the port or prongs, whatever it's called, on the + side had pulled out and battery acid covered the wires and other parts of the car and smoke was everywhere. So, I waited for my brother to come pick my husband up because somebody had to stay with the car and kids because our windows were rolled down and it was dark with the kids in the car.

My husband and brother arrived at Wal-Mart at approximately 8:00 pm. My husband stated that the technician installed our battery wrong and he didn't place the brace back on to hold the battery in place. Since battery acid was coming from the damaged battery, CSR had to contain the leak. Once they contained the leak, the service desk rep stated she was going to get a manager because the information didn't match. After a 30-minute wait, the CSR stated that the manager was in a meeting. My husband contacted me and we talked as we waited on the manager. My husband kept asking when the manager is going to come because he has his wife and kids in a broken down car. They stated she was coming. After 45 minutes elapsed, I asked my husband for the phone number to customer service. I called and asked to speak to a manager and was placed on hold. After 5 minutes, a manager came to the phone. I told her my husband brought back the damaged battery and asked what is taking so long to do any exchange when my battery has a year warranty on it. She stated they still had to contain the leak. I told her the leak was already contained about an hour ago. I asked what’s going on because my kids and I are in the car waiting for my husband to return.

Pat asked me to hold on and she didn't return for 30 minutes. Then, she stated that she authorized the return and they should be finishing up now. But instead of rep. doing an exchange, she did the transaction as a return and gave my husband $60.44 and we got discounted $9 because we turn in our old battery earlier that day for the core. I got off the phone with Pat and switched over to my husband. When he went to the automotive department with Jonathan, they double-checked the book to make sure we had the right battery before we left. During checkout, they told my husband he owed $9 because that's the core charge. My husband stated they needed to stop playing with him because he has been inconvenienced for over 2 hours waiting for her manager to get out of this unknown meeting and his kids and wife were in the car at Rooms To Go and his brother-in-law and kids were being inconvenienced too. They had already taken our old battery earlier today plus they had the damaged battery so there shouldn't be a core charge when they had both batteries in their possession. And they didn't want to give my husband the battery so another rep. came and handled the issues because they already had the battery in their possession, so it shouldn't have been a core charge because it was returned.

My husband asked for the store manager’s name. Pat stated the store didn't have one so we asked for the district manager’s name and number. They all stated they didn't know it. So finally after another 15 minutes elapsed, they finally stated Judy ** is their district manager and her number is **. I believe I need to have a lawyer to represent my case for damages and negligence. I felt this issue was handled very carelessly especially since their auto technician didn't install the battery appropriately and my entire family was strained, not to mention the car could've blown up or caught on fire from all the battery acid pouring out. Now, I have to get my car checked to see if the battery acid is going to damage all the wiring and other parts in the car. So now, I might be out an entire day and they want to utilize bad customer service when our safety is at risk.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2012

I was on my way to work (about 2 miles from) when my low tire pressure light came on. The car was riding okay and I didn't hear any noises or feel any difference. So, I figured I would drive to Walmart after work and have it checked out. Someone from my office came in and told me that I had a flat. I called AAA and had them remove the tire and put the spare on. After work, I went to Walmart to have the tire repaired and was told that because I drove on the tire (2 miles) that it was not covered by the warranty and I would have to buy a new tire. What was I supposed to do? Stop driving immediately in the middle of the road and call for someone to come and help me? I didn't even know that I had a flat because there were no signs until after a co-worker noticed it later.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2012

They fail to honor tire warranties and told me the tires were too dry-rotted and refused to rotate any of them. They tried to convince me the tires were old and needed to be replaced, even though the tread depth was almost brand-new.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2012

On August 15, 2012, I took a tire in for a flat repair. My arrival time was 7:15 am. While I was waiting, they took me into the shop to look at the tire; they said I shouldn't run the tire on the vehicle for the inside was a small scuff. The hole in the tire was in the middle of tread. I told them this tire is almost new and is under warranty from where I bought the set in Omaha. They insisted that I shouldn’t even run it on the car, but they finally did after much resistance on doing so. The employee was even told to comment this on the work sheet about not to run the tire on the vehicle. When I got back to Omaha, I had Jensen Tire and Auto check out the tire and was informed that Walmart was trying to just get me to buy a new tire which I didn't need. I feel they are scamming people that don't know much about tires and needs to be addressed. This is from the Walmart tire center in Eldorado, Kansas.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2012

I went to Walmart and I got my oil changed. Everything was fine until I went to change the oil myself for its next oil change. I went to loosen the bolt and they had stripped the bolt. Oil started to leak out. I took it back to Walmart to have it fixed. It turns out that the guy that tightened the bolt used the wrong wrench and did it the lazy way. So, Walmart had to replace the entire piece that the oil is in. I will never go back to Walmart for anything that has to do with fixing my truck.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2012

The assistant manager of Wal-Mart’s tire department named Vince with no last name (a co-worker woman claimed she don't know - after all the years working there) refused to honor, balance and rotate a warrantied left front tire, which I paid $20.00 a tire for the warranty besides the full price of $86.00 plus tax per tire. He claimed that the tread-wear reached its limit policy of 3. I asked what the reading says. He said it's 3. I said, “It's not below 3, so you're in the grey area. It will be okay,” but Vince still refused to honor the warranty.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2012

I found out today that Walmart lies to get your business. I had an oil change done on 8/3/12. Customer service said it would take 35 minutes. Two hours later, they called me back to have me start my truck. I was told by the department manager that he was unable to call me sooner because he was busy, but others who got there after me was already done. While waiting, another employee told me they tell customers a shorter time than what it will be to keep them there, and then they tell them later "sorry for the wait." Then they told me I needed air filter but didn’t carry a model for 2008 Dodge Ram truck (Good place for auto repair shop, wouldn’t it?). I will never have my oil changed there again.

Original review: July 21, 2012

I went to get my oil changed at Watson Rd, Walmart in Buckeye, AZ. I told them to change the air filter. When I went to pick it up, they said they didn't have the tool (star driver) to change it. It's an 06 Chevy truck. If you can't change an air filter, they need to close their doors and the staff acted like a bunch of idiots. I'll never go back.

Original review: July 21, 2012

I bought four tires and they did not last 60000 miles, not even close. I even bought hazard warranty. I had a nail in my tire but they refused to fix it because there’s not enough wear on the back tire. I asked for a prorated cost but Phil refused and offered only 15 dollars off a new tire. I got angry. I paid over 400 dollars on tires, at least cover one out of the four! I bought four other tires for my wife’s car, same brand (Goodyear) and they are not lasting either. I was with my family when all this happened. Phil’s two male and one female shop workers (total of four people) were bullying me out the door. I had to walk fast or Phil and his crew would plow over me and my family. I said, “Give my money back on the warranty bro please.” “Bro,” he laughed at me, “my name is Phil.” I explained to him that I am talking slang, my wife and I both have lived in the South where that term is used a lot and we have on both sides of our family African American descent. I felt insulted.

Original review: July 16, 2012

I arrived at the Walmart Tire and Lube around 3:25. I was told what was ahead of me. It will be about 1 hour; 4:55 comes around and I notice my vehicle was parked outside. I asked how long it has been parked there; paperwork shows that they were done at 3:58. I waited an hour when my car servicing was complete. There was no paging of my name, no phone call. No one asked me what I was waiting for. I think there was a change of shifts because I ended up dealing with someone totally different. The unnecessary delay caused issues that I wish not to discuss. Signed, not too happy.

Original review: July 15, 2012

My husband and I own a business. I do at the least $400 a week in shopping. Well, we are traveling through New Albany, Indiana and we needed a tire changed, and for one tire we waited 10 minutes before the man ahead of us found him in a stockroom with a woman and wanted $10 to air up his tire. He then told my husband he was refusing to change our tire with no reason. Yeah, it’s Sunday and it was the only place to get a tire. If anything happens to me, my husband, or our trailer, or anyone else, I will let people know it was Walmart’s tire department’s fault as they would not change my tire.

We have people that want to work like the men and women who went to war for us. Why would you hire lazy people when we have people that really want to work?! The man would not give me his name. He has no name tag. I called the store and he was no help either. I will let people know about this and want something done to this guy - cut his hours, make him work with a manager so he will work and work his butt off. He likes the stockroom with girls in it.

Original review: July 13, 2012

My dad loves the old Wal-Mart that Sam Walton built, but he doesn't understand that when Sam died, that Christian love died with him. Now Wal-Mart is just a money factor for the boys. I listened to my dad and took my VW Passat to Wal-Mart automotive for a headlamp. That's right, folks, a simple headlamp. I thought it would be complete in 1 hour, so I went back to retrieve my car and found a very young man dismantling my front end. He was unscrewing the frame from the front of the car. I said, "What are you doing and put my car back together." He said he had to remove the front parts under the hood to get to the lamp. I told him that I've watched VW change a bulb and they never dismantled the front end. A very young female tech chimed in and said, "Yeah, you have to do this for this type of care, because I've changed a bulb on these cars before."

I got to the Winter Garden Village, and my computer panel indicated a malfunction. When I opened the hood, parts were just laying on top of the engine. I raced back to the Ocee Wal-Mart, and the manager was shocked when I showed him the 4 parts that were left sitting under my hood. He called the store manager, who was more than competent. She immediately said she would have the matter corrected. I said, "I'd go to the dealer." She said, "We'll take care of the repairs needed to make you whole." The VW dealer said, "You took a $40K German car to Wal-Mart. What were you thinking?" The dealer laughed so hard. He said, "We'll repair the damage they did for free if you promise never to take a $40K German sedan to Wal-Mart. We have to charge you for the bulb." I went back to the store, and the manager was super; she paid me for my gas $20 and apologized for the service.

Take your Kia to Wal-Mart, but not your German sedan. Lesson learned! I came to find out they didn't even have the headlamp for my German sedan, and they don't typically do headlamps. Also, they have very immature automotive staff. I felt like I was talking to my secondary education students.

Original review: July 9, 2012

I was charged for TPMS reset ($20). The tech didn't know how to reset, but charged anyway. I told them one tire was low. The light comes on and the tire’s still low. Checked items on the checklist weren't done (vacuum carpet, not sure about other things). When I complained, I got a $20 credit. I wonder how many are charged when services were not performed. I don't plan on returning to a Wal-Mart service center any time soon!

Original review: July 6, 2012

I got a price for an oil change that includes an oil filter. They then said they did not have the oil filter for a 2010 Kia Sedona. If I bought it, they would take off from the price. The filter cost $10.98. After the oil change, they give me a $2 credit because I supplied the filter. If they told me they were not going to cover the cost, I would have gone someplace else. What turned out to be $58 (with tax) oil change, it cost me $67. I will never use Wal-Mart again. I complained to the manager but got nowhere. That is it for Wal-Mart.

Original review: July 5, 2012

On Saturday, 30 Jun 2012, we were on I-64 headed from NE to WV when we noticed a wiggle in the right front tire. Because we travel a lot, we have used Walmart tires for years, counting on the nationwide service. I checked the road atlas and found New Albany, IN was the closest. When we pulled in right at noon, there was one car waiting in the lube line and one in the tire line so we thought things would go fairly quick even allowing for lunch breaks for the mechanics. When the tire paperwork wasn't in the dash, we were frustrated but figured things could only go up from there.

Instead, they went down-down-down! First, they were checking people in outside in near 100-degree heat, and the sun was glaring on the little computer screen so the lady could barely read it, through no fault of hers. It was only her second day on the job and she was repeatedly apologizing. I moved inside to get out of the heat but my husband didn't have that opportunity. The paperwork shows we were finally checked in at 12:37 (remember, we arrived around noon). Why would anyone have a policy that didn't include checking people in inside during inclement weather? If it had been hailing, wouldn't they have moved inside? What's the difference? No customer, especially an elderly one, wants to stand out in the heat that long. I noticed they had moved the car into the lube bay and asked my husband about it. He said, "We might as well get that done while waiting on the tire bay."

I went to get Subway's for lunch. After we finished eating, my husband went to get a few other things in the store while I stayed in the waiting room. I started thinking it was a long time for a lube job (the paperwork shows they didn't finish until 1:28 p.m.) and looked out. The car was back outside rather than in the tire bay and nothing had been said even though I was right there. There were now no cars in the garage and where there had been 4 mechanics, now there were none. No one was at the counter either and I couldn't locate anyone in the vicinity. I called my husband on the cell phone and told him I thought we had a problem. By the time he returned, there was still no one anywhere. With the door to the outside locked, we had no choice but to stay on the inside and wonder what was going on.

Finally, another car came and a mechanic showed up from somewhere to check it in, still outside in the heat. It moved into a tire bay! We started pounding on the door glass to get the mechanic's attention and he finally came to see what we wanted. We asked what was going on. When would they look at our tire? He came inside and found our paperwork. There was nothing even on it showing we needed to have a tire checked and that was our only reason for being there! At 2:06, we were finally checked in for the tire. Since the car was loaded for our trip, my husband had specifically asked them to lock it when they finished just in case we weren't in the waiting room. When they went out to pull it back in, it wasn't locked.

They found the tire did indeed have a belt separating. Ultimately, because of the age of the tires rather than the miles, we decided to replace all four tires. It shows they finished at 2:34 p.m. Now, again, no one let us know they were done even though we were right there. To make matters worse, when I checked and saw it was back out in the lot, it not only wasn't locked - the windows were even rolled down! By the time we settled the bill and departed, it was 3 p.m.! So much for getting through KY before the 105-degree heat hit. On the wall to the rear of the counter, it says your goal is our satisfaction. What a joke. Take down the sign!

Original review: July 5, 2012

I have used Walmart for my tires and oil change but from now on I’ll never walk into another Walmart again. I will tell everyone who will listen to a dangerous situation your employee put me in. I went in to have my oil changed and my tires rotated on May 7th. I was very excited to see the girl who has checked me in since I got my car and we chatted. She wasn’t the one who was rude and treated me like I was garbage. My oil got changed and I was called.

The lady behind the counter slapped a piece of paper down on the counter and said in a very rude voice sign this. I asked what I was signing and she said we couldn’t do your tires, they are bad. I asked her if they had any tires, and she looked at me and said go online we will put them on when you buy them online. Well, I had a cut in one tire and a gouge out in the other one. My tires at any time could have blown out and I could have been in a serious accident. Her nasty rude bad customer service isn’t the first time but it is the last time I’ll deal with Walmart.

At Christmas time when I was trying to find Hanukkah items which no Walmart seems to carry, I got to listen to men talking about how they would treat a woman and it wasn’t very nice. And as they were on ladders, they were also laughing about tapping some woman’s bottom. Also, they were making comments about the store manager being off and they were so happy because they didn’t have to do half their work. As my husband and I were both looking for jobs at that time and having to watch every penny we had, these 2 men were talking about not caring if they had a job.

This Walmart is disgraceful. The only reason I kept going back was because of a little cashier named Wendy, who no matter how tired she was, she had a smile and was extremely fun just to talk to and she is the only reason I went back. But now, I will not give Walmart my money anymore. I’m so hurt and tired that your employees think it’s okay not to care about customer service. This is the Kannapolis, North Carolina Walmart.

Original review: July 4, 2012

I purchased tires at Shamokin Tire and Lube. The tires were the result of a vibration in my car as per a mechanic, in writing. I returned to Walmart, they replaced the tires. I arrived at 7:00AM and my car was serviced immediately. I had to be at the hospital for tests, which was why I made sure to be there early. I had to wait for more than 45 minutes, after my car was done, to leave because we had to wait for the manager to come and check to make sure the lug nuts were on securely. I do not know if this is common practice at all Walmarts, but I assure you I will not be returning to a Walmart for anything if I can help it. I am very disappointed and angry. I should also add, the person who waited on me originally offered to replace my tires for $100. I, however, informed her that I have it in writing that my tires, put on at this store, were defective. It was only then she did not charge me, but informed me they would only replace them free that one time. One very unhappy, former Walmart customer.

Original review: June 23, 2012

We bought a motorcycle battery at our local Walmart and it would not take a charge. We called the service desk and were told, "No problem; bring it back." We returned to the store and were told to take it to Tire Service to try to get it charged. We did this and the man told us, "Sorry, battery is no good, take it to service desk for an exchange." We don't know how but we do not have a receipt for this battery and were told, "Too bad for you, we won't exchange without receipt." So, we paid forty dollars for a bad battery from you and nothing can be done about it? Rest assured, it will be the last forty dollars I ever spend in this Walmart.

Original review: May 30, 2012

I have gone to Walmart many times and why so many is that this small town doesn't have many choices. I have asked the MGF many times to not overfill my engine. They didn't listen. The specs call for 6qt and they always put 7qt (I think this is to sell more oil). I never had much problems other than the check engine light will come on for the first few hundred miles as it is overfilled. Once the engine burns off that extra quart of oil, the light will go off. However, this last time, the vehicle left for a 1000+ mile trip. Once we returned to town, we found that due to the overfill, some minor damage was done to the engine, which I was lucky to be minor as it could have been a major repair.

The minor damage could have been avoided if it was not for a new young driver and if Walmart did not overfill the oil. If Walmart would have put 6qt, the young driver would not have any problems whatsoever. The repair shop said the overfill of oil caused two of the spark plugs to fail as the computer read two misfires. The shop explained to me the overfill will cause the problem.

Original review: May 22, 2012

I went to Walmart to get a tire replaced. It had blown out and I had some concerns about it. I asked the tech and said it was fine. That was a few days ago and just looked at the work order. The work order said the rim was bent even though the tech said the rim was fine. I've been working with cars and trucks for years and a bent rim is not something to overlook. I had a friend check his work order, same deal. The tech told us the rims were good even though on the work order it said rims were bent.

This is dangerous, unprofessional, and I would think illegal. I was talking to some of the techs in the shop when they were doing it and they didn’t even know how to get the spare off of my friend’s truck. I feel they are improperly trained and as a safety precaution they tell you on a work order (not physically). They fold the order up and you place it in your glove box. Seems shady.

Original review: May 22, 2012

Walmart bad lube job ruined my transmission - Tiffin, Ohio Walmart destroyed my 1977 924 Porsche transaxle. They said they checked the fluids and well, they didn't. I had the lube job done for a trip I was taking. The car barely made it back from the trip when the transaxle blew.

Original review: May 22, 2012

I took my K-1500 4WD pickup to Walmart to get new tires. They checked the tire size I wanted and told me that "by law", they could not install those tires as they were too big. Well, I've been using those tires on that truck for many years and never had any issues. The truck is not stock and has a lift kit installed. I asked the guy which law was being violated and, of course, he did not know because it does not violate any law. I ended up taking the truck to Goodyear which installed the tires I wanted with no questions. Later in the day, I spoke to a friend of mine and he related that he had taken his car there to have the oil changed. When he pulled the car into the bay, a belt was squealing. They told him that it was "illegal" for them to work on his car since it was making a noise.

These guys don't know the difference between their company policy and the law. That makes me question if they know the difference between oil grades, tire specs or anything else. I will never do business with these idiots again.

Original review: May 21, 2012

Today on 5-20-2012, I went to the Wal-Mart in Weslaco, Texas to get a tire fix on my Pontiac Solstice. I arrived at 12 noon and was told it would take 1 hour to fix my flat. So I walked around the store, until I realized it was going to be 2:00 pm. So, I went to the automotive department to see what was going on with my car to see if they had fixed the flat yet. Man, to my disappointment, they had not even touched my car in almost 2 hours. So how long does it take to fix a stupid flat tire. I was told that they had gone to lunch and whoever was going to do it did not let anyone know. I would like to let you all know that I am very upset about this because of the lack of service and respect your store had for me as a customer.

Original review: May 18, 2012

Reading some recent stories about Wal-Mart, I decided to share mine. A few years ago, I took my wife's car in for an oil change. It was late in the day and the service person at the desk said they had time to change the oil. Surprisingly, I didn't have to wait long. I drove the car home. After getting out of the car, I immediately noticed oil dripping from the bottom of the car. I popped the hood, and to my surprise, the oil cap was laying on top of the engine. There was oil everywhere.

I called Wal-Mart which was going to close in 10 minutes. The tech said to bring the car back, and they'd redo the oil change. I checked the oil level and I had lost a little over a quart. I added a quart to be safe on the ride back to Wal-Mart. Upon arriving at Wal-Mart, I simply asked that they change the oil again, and clean the oil off that had blown all over the engine. They changed the oil and cleaned it as asked. Just as I was pulling out of the parking lot, the engine started to misfire.

Apparently, they had dumped so much simple green on the engine to clean it, that it filled the spark plug holes. I ended up driving home with only 3 of the 4 cylinders operating properly. I am pretty positive on this due to the total lack of power. I took the car to a friend's house, who cleaned out the spark plug wires and got the car running correctly. I've dealt with a lot of idiots, but Wal-Mart Oil and Lube takes the cake. I have never brought a vehicle of mine back there again, and wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy.

Wal-Mart Oil and Lube Company Information