Wal-Mart Tire & Lube

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

Wal-Mart Oil and Lube Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wal-Mart Oil and Lube?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Original review: Jan. 21, 2015

Had 2 front tires done, and now I have no tail lights. They shut off when I put a directional signal on... got pulled over by the police and got a ticket. This is **. Very unhappy customer..

Original review: Jan. 20, 2015

I went to Wal-Mart, December 6, 2014 for an Oil Change to my 2006 Toyota Tundra Engine and purchased 6 qts of oil. Wal-Mart claimed the engine oil change was complete and on December 17, 2014 a loud knock was heard in the crankshaft and/or rod bearings. The Toyota Roseville Auto Service Dealer also heard the noise and wrote up a description on what may have occurred, putting the cause of the problem to the low oil content, causing a possible loss of oil pressure to the crank and rod bearings and thus causing the noise, which will ultimately lead to total engine failure.

On 12/22/2014 I called CMI-Mark ** and sent him the write-up by the Toyota Dealer in Roseville, CA and Mark with CMI came to the conclusion that Wal-Mart is not at fault and further attempts to reach him or his Supervisor have gone unanswered up to today 1/20/15. I have still not heard back from CMI-Wal-Mart's Insurance Carrier for these issues. So for roughly $40 in oil and labor I'm left with an engine that will blow up in the very near future, without repair of engine replacement. Is there anything you can do to help?

Original review: Jan. 7, 2015

Went to Wal-Mart to buy new tires for my car and have them put on. Old tires were getting bald but never have had any problem holding air. Pay for 4 Tiger Paws (which are very nice tires, and have very good reviews) and 3 days later, I get a flat tire while driving on the highway and have a little rim damage. I go back to Wal-Mart and the manager tells me that they will put a new tire on, and pay for the rim. He tells me that if it under $200 then they can pay me from in the store, otherwise I would have to go through claims. So I ordered a new rim for $135, just to be told he was wrong and I have to go to claims anyway. 3 weeks later (still less then a month after purchase) a different tire goes flat. This time they said the rim is cracked and they cannot put a tire on it. So I file a claim, just to be told that because I left Wal-Mart with air in my tire, there is nothing worthy of a claim. I have now been stuck on the side of the road in freezing weather twice, have been forced to miss several days of work, and have had to pay out of pocket (even though I was told I would be paid back) and am out of my car for at least a week. Something, as simple as tires, has been a complete nightmare, and Wal-Mart refuses to do ANYTHING to make it right.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2015

I dropped off my 2005 Town and Country mini van for its oil change while I did grocery shopping. One hour later, I received a call from my wife, telling me that Walmart had called her and told her that they would not be able to change the oil in the van, because they had broke off the dip stick and could not tell how much oil they were adding to the van. I went straight to the tire and lube express, since I was still in the store. I have no idea why they just didn't page me and tell me to come to that department instead of calling my wife at home. Anyway, I took my groceries to that department and checked out. The associate spoke with me and informed me that he had accidentally broken off the dip stick on our van, and for that reason could not perform the oil change and that I would have to take the van some place else to have it fixed.

So I did take my vehicle down the street to Kauffman tire and brakes. They had to order a new dip stick from the dealership for 30.00 and perform an oil change for a grand total of 100.00. I took the receipt back to Walmart and showed it to the manager. He said that they were not going to pay anything and that he did not care that I had to pay 30.00 for the dip stick that his employee broke while attempting to do an oil change on my van.

I informed the manager that this van was just one of my four vehicles and that we also spent 26,400-30,000 each year in the Woodstock, GA store. I then told the manager I expected to be reimbursed the 30.00 for the dip stick I had to replace, and he refused. I then shook his hand and said that it had been nice doing business with Walmart and that this would be the last time. Hello Target, Krogers, and Publix. My three new best friends. And now Kaufman Tire will be doing all my vehicle oil changes and repairs in the future. What good business practices this poor Walmart manager has learned.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2015

I reluctantly went to Trussville, Al Walmart today for an oil change today. I usually go to express oil change, but they were closed today (Sunday). First off I had to wait about 10 min for an attendant to come to my vehicle, only to tell me that I had to go inside to check in because their handheld devices were not working. I checked in and went to do a little shopping. When I returned I paid for my oil change and was told that my keys were in my vehicle!?! Really!!! I got to my vehicle and my doors were locked. If my keys were inside my doors would not have locked because of the sensors. I asked the mechanic for my key and he had no clue where it was either. He asked several other mechanics and they didn't know where it was. Finally they called some other mechanic off his break because he was the last mechanic to have it. He was extremely rude and told me that he did not lose my key. He then retraced his steps and found my key. When he gave me the key he just turned and walked away with no apologies for my inconvenience. Another mechanic was very apologetic for his coworker's mistakes. I will never, in life return to Wal-Mart auto service center.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2015

After almost an hour they called me to show me something on my car. I was asked to go downstairs under my car because my drain plug was stripped & they could not do the oil change. The mechanic pointed to the plug & then told me the oil was overfull & clean? I said that’s impossible that it's stripped because I don't have an oil leaks & I check my oil - it was dirty & not overfilled. Then we went upstairs. He pulled out the stick & it was low a 1/2 of quart? I questioned him because he said it was overfull. He added a 1/2 of quart in front of me & then gave me the car back. Inside the paperwork was No Charge because they didn't do the oil change. I bought oil & a filter for my mechanic to do the oil change tomorrow.

I then went to work & after 2 hours I had an oil leak in the driveway?? I called the Manager at Walmart who said they did nothing to the car & could not help me?? How is it that I have parked in the same spot for 2 1/2 years without a leak & now I have one? Normally when a bolt is stripped it happens when you are putting it back in & then you can't tighten it - they said they never removed it?? The guy working on the car said as he was removing it he noticed it was bad?? My husband checked my oil. It's clean & low a half a quart now. He believes that when the tech emptied the oil & broke the plug when putting it back in, then just filled the car with oil to cover himself. That makes a lot of sense to my mechanic also. I will know more tomorrow after it gets to the shop. I will contact Walmart at that time again with my findings.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2014

Had 4 tires installed at the wal-mart in flanders nj. Was there for 4 hours while so called mechanics were busy on their cell phones. After they finished installing my tires, I stopped to buy gas. Got out of my car to see how tires looked - I should of done that at the walmart. My tires and hubcaps were dusty, full of finger prints and grease, not to mention the words ** and ** were written on the dust. I guess the mechanics got a little annoyed because I kept watching through the window at the store to see how they were progressing. Store was very dirty. Waiting room had a tv which did not work. There was a coffee pot which had no coffee made. Just a terrible experience.....store#3291.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2014

I, too, had my daughter take her car to Walmart for an oil change. It died a few days after her oil change. This car had approximately 50,000 miles on it and ran perfectly beforehand. Like others, Walmart said they had video of them putting oil in the car but would not show me the video. I had two mechanics look at the car and both said the same thing - oil did not leak out, the oil was not put back in. There was approximately 1 quart in the engine when it blew. The engine got so hot so fast, the block cracked. This cost me $1,700.00 to get replaced. Walmart insurance said, "Sue us, we're Walmart." They know you cant sue a company who's owners are worth 149 billion dollars. Well you can try, but how much will that cost. If there is a class action lawsuit out there, I want in. I still have my dead engine block and all receipts. I will buy my 3,000.00 dollars a year in groceries elsewhere from now on. Wonder how much that will be over the rest of my life. Will never shop Walmart again. Will gladly pay more and not give another penny to the store that won't take responsibility for its work, and then say they are too big to sue but you can try.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2014

My wife had gotten off work that morning, after working the overnight shift. Walked outside got into our car, drove over to tle to have an oil change. Which takes 30 min. 15 min after she leaves the car, Walmart pages her to come get the car. Wife leaves to put gas in the car. After putting gas in the car barely moves 5 miles/hr. And now our car will not start nor does it have a spark!!! I was on the phone most of the day with managers at the store, got nowhere doing that. So I called corporate, got told to talk to the district manager. I (had) a talk to him, got nowhere with him either. A lady from the claims department calls, we are suppose to find a mechanic. Then have our car towed from our house to the repair shop, which we feel we shouldn't have to do. Since the car was running when she dropped off, now it's not running. Go figure.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2014

Yesterday morning, I went to Walmart to get new tires installed 12/18/14. I was the first customer and the only car being service at that time. My truck is a 2011 tan Rav 4 Limited, tires size is 225/65/17. I spoke with tech there and I purchase four new tires. The tech told me, "It will be about 35 minutes until your car is finished." I returned later, tech told me "your car's finished" so I paid . I took a walk around my car to see my new tires and noticed that my rims were damaged during removal and installation of new tires. My rims were a little dirty when I came in, but they had no damage.

My car has 39,000 miles so these were the first set of tires put on this vehicle since factory ones were installed. I took a ride to car wash to see if this damage was just dirt. Then after I had washed, it was very clear to me damage was worse than originally thought. I left car wash and return to Walmart and I spoke with service manager and explained what had happened. He took a walk outside with me to examine my rims and saw the damage on all four rims. He then told me he would be right back, that he had to talk to store manager. This is Centereach Walmart located on Middle Country Rd in Centereach. So about 20 minutes later, service manger had return.

He said he had spoke to store manager and they would like to offer me a 25-dollar gift certificate or we would have to go through insurance. I told him I want my car fixed. He went to speak to store manager again, came back, and told me he needs a bill for repairs. I left Walmart and took a ride to Middle Island Toyota so they can do an assessment on damage to rims. I spoke with service adviser John **. He confirmed that damage to rims were caused by Walmart's tire machine. He explained to me that duck head on their tire machine need to be replace and that's what caused the damage. I took pictures of the head on machine at Walmart and it was very worn. John gave me an estimate on repairs. The cost was $125.00 per rim, $500.00 for all four. So I returned to Walmart to drop off estimate and they told me I will be contacted by their insurance company.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2014

I hate going shopping, I especially hate shopping at Walmart, but I got a gift card and needed my oil changed. I was told it would take 30-45 minutes. I came back 2 hours later, and they hadn't even started on my car. I tried to find someone to complain to, but none cares at the store.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2014

Went to Walmart to just have an oil change. Two days later transmission burned up. Why? They decided to check the transmission fluid on a manual car, which was stated in my receipt that they checked the transmission fluid. The mechanic I took it to said that they failed to properly replace the plug and the car lost the fluid over those two days. $1,800 to replace transmission. Four days of trying to get a response from Walmart (multiple voicemails and emails). And of course Walmart denies this is their fault.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2014

I ordered tires from Walmart.com and tried to get them put on my vehicle numerous times. Never happened. So finally I agreed to drop my vehicle off for my tires and an oil change. By the way the services they say they provide for a high mileage vehicle, they don't. Forget even getting your windows washed. The worst service I have seen in a long time. So I came to pick my vehicle up and they tell me I owe $400 something. Not the case I have already paid for my tires!!! Horrible, horrible service. The wait alone is unthinkable. It's apparent that you get what you pay for if you want a decent job done. DO NOT GO TO WALMART!!! THE WORST SERVICE EVER!!!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2014

I purchased 4 Dunlop tires online on Black Friday, unfortunately the closest Walmart to my house which is in the Bronx where I could pick up was the Walmart at Edison New Jersey which was an hour and a half from my house. Let's start with that... The email clearly states the tires are available for pick up and there will be a $12 fee per tire to install. When I get there I was ignored for the first 20 minutes by the man at the front desk, he was busy doing whatever he was doing and DID not bother to say "I'LL be with you in a few minutes" (as if that was so hard to come out of his mouth). When this man finally acknowledges the fact that I'M there, I explain to him that I was there to pick up some tires I had ordered and get them installed all of this happened at 3:30 pm and there sign clearly states they were open for business till 7 pm. Well he had the audacity to tell me he couldn't install the tires and that I could go back the next day and get them installed or just take them home with me.

My first response is "uhhh why! First off I just drove an hour and a half to you and your sign clearly states you close at 7." He DID nothing but rudely tell me "no! I cant get them installed for you." I was so irate at the fact that I had been waiting all that time and drove that far for this bs that doesn't even make sense to me. It literally could have taken them 30 mins the most. One of the mechanics even offered to install them and he told him "no!" So he asks me "are you coming back tomorrow?" I said "no!!!" Again because he clearly doesn't get how far away from this place I actually live. Well then he gets an older lady to try to help me. It took her more than 40 minutes to find my tires. He had to help her find them. In the meantime I'M waiting and there's this lady that sees the situation and tells me "these people are terrible I will never come back here again. They've had my car since this morning for a battery change." Now there is no excuse, with all of the mechanics they have working there, they cant take 10 minutes and change this lady's battery. I knew I was better off never coming back to this place. Well the lady looking for the tires said "I found your tires" and brings only 2 of them out...

After another 15 minutes I'M like where are the rest of the tires. They both say "ohh I thought you were picking them up tomorrow." "No didn't." I say. "I wasn't returning. I live an hour and half away." This whole time, what part of that DID they not get through??? They rushed out the other 2 tires and I was on my way from crazyslowville. I will never ever order through Walmart website to pick up from any place at all. This has been the worst experience for the service that I received from these people I was better off either getting them shipped straight to my house or buying them elsewhere period. These people lack so much professionalism it's difficult for me to comprehend how they have a job. I was treated like I didn't matter and ignored half the time and had to drive an hour and a half or more in traffic with the horrid smell of 4 brand new tires in my back seat. The smell had my head spinning. I was dizzy and my stomach was turning the whole time from that strong smell in a confined space. I will never deal with any of these people again. Ever. I paid Walmart good money to receive this type of service come on.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2014

My son took his 1997 Honda Accord to Walmart Tire and Lube Express in Cartersville, GA this past Friday, Dec. 5 for an oil change. Upon check out, he was told his tires were due for a rotation, but other than that, all was well. She checked this on the receipt. Shortly after leaving the service center, he heard a loud knocking coming from under the hood and then noticed the oil light was on. He pulled over and called me. I told him to check the oil and he said it wouldn't even register, the stick was dry. I told him to wait and I would call Walmart. The Walmart service manager said he would go check it out. After waiting 2 hours, my 17 year old son decided to walk to a truck stop and purchased 2 quarts of oil. He put them in the oil reservoir thinking maybe the man wasn't coming. When he turned on the car, he realized the knocking was still there so he called me again. I told him to be patient, the man was almost there.

Upon arrival (2 hours after I called), the service manager told my son to back the car closer to a ditch so he could get a better look underneath the car. He told my son he really didn't know what was wrong with it and called me. He told me that Walmart would have it towed by Martin's Garage to my home, and that Walmart would pay for the tow and then file a claim. He told my son, "Evidently we forgot to put all the oil in the car. Don't worry we'll get you back on the road as soon as possible and we'll pay for everything." He took pictures of the car, the engine, the 2 empty oil containers, and the receipt. He never gave the receipt back to my son. Two hours later, the tow truck showed up and brought my son and his car to our home. He went all the way to Walmart first to get paid and then brought him home - which means my son was stranded from approximately 3:30-7:30 PM. On Monday, Dec 8th, I received a call from the insurance agent. The insurance agent, Joshua ** , told me that Walmart had a video showing oil was added, and after reviewing the receipt, it appeared that the car had a knocking when we brought it in, a leak in the transmission, and a cracked windshield.

Therefore, Walmart nor the insurance company would be able to help us or pay for any repairs. This was never verbally mentioned at all while at the service center or while stuck on the road. The car does have a crack in the windshield, but prior to this service visit, we never heard any knocking or saw any leaks. We had no trouble with the car at all prior to the service visit. In addition, I called the service manager back and discussed further with him. Since he clearly heard the knocking sound when he made the road visit, I asked him, "Considering the loud knocking sound you heard, would you have changed the oil or serviced the car?" His answer was an emphatic, "No, not me personally. I would not have serviced that car with it sounding like that." We are at a loss for words and completely stunned. I can only assume that the paperwork may have been changed since the only copy we had was taken back to Walmart. We have not seen a copy of the video but plan to request one.

I'm not really even sure what to ask other than we plead for you to help us try to get some kind of repair help and/or compensation for my son's car. This is his only mode of transportation to school. He was seeking a job, but without a car, is now at a standstill. We also would appreciate your help in investigating this service center to see if this has happened before or is just common practice. We are just so disappointed and in disbelief. We had a great running car, took it in for an oil change, and now the car is not drivable. We believe the engine is ruined.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2014

Very upset with my experience with the Belleville Illinois Walmart. Took my car there on 12-4-14 to get an oil change. Drove my car yesterday and this morning to work. Luckily I forgot my lunch at home so at 3:44pm I clocked out for lunch and went out to my car. I saw oil running on the ground but I just figured it was from the car parked behind me. Get in line at the drive thru, right across the street from the store I was working at that day, and my oil light starts flashing and my car dies. This happened 4 more times in the drive thru. Made it back to my job parking lot, parked, got out, looked at the ground, nothing was there. Kept my foot on the brake and gas to keep car from dying, let it run, turned it off, got out, looked at the ground, there was oil everywhere. Looked at the dipstick and there was barely a drop of oil on it.

Called Belleville Walmart and talked to Curtis and he advised me to take it to the nearest Walmart. I told Curtis I would have to call my boss to leave work to be able to do this since I was scheduled to work until 9. On the drive there the car died several times due to overheating and I was almost hit by a car because my car died mid turn. Got to Walmart in South County where Greg was great and he showed me how the gasket was put on the filter wrong which was causing oil to spray everywhere. Greg spoke to Curtis in Belleville and explained the situation and Curtis said they had reviewed video and admitted it was their fault and would take care of it.

I got to the Belleville Walmart around 6 and Curtis was very nice and apologetic. He said they would refund my money and give me a $75 gift card. I told him I appreciate that but that doesn't cover my loss of wages, what it's going to cost me to get the engine looked at to make sure the overheating didn't do anything to it, the fact that I was almost hit by a car because of something they did, my headache that I still have because of the stress of all this, I didn't even eat my lunch cause I was so upset and all the time I have wasted up here and the oil damage on my driveway Curtis said I would need to file a claim and to let him talk to Terrance again.

I asked to talk to Terrance, the ASM over service who Curtis had to keep running back and forth to because the man didn't even have the decency to come out to talk to me about this issue and Terrance was paged several times and never showed up so Curtis and I walked to electronics where Terrance was paged again and another ASM named Michelle, who was very nice, came out and explained that Terrance was gone for the day. That really disgusted me because he not only didn't care enough to come out and talk to me from the beginning but now I'm being told that he's left for the day before this was even resolved. I asked Michelle if the store manager was in and she said he was and I asked to talk to him. Michelle went in back and came back out and said that Warren was in a meeting. Once again not even the store manager cared enough about the situation, a situation that could've gotten me in an accident, to come out to talk to me.

Someone gave a claim sheet to Curtis to have me fill out, which I did but I feel that with a situation this severe someone in upper management should've had the decency to talk with me. I thanked Curtis, who should be acknowledged because it looked as if he stayed past his scheduled shift to try to help me when no one in upper management cared to. I got my car and moved it to the front of the store and came back in to try to talk to Warren and I spoke with another nice ASM named Sandy, who was also very apologetic and told me that Warren should be in at 7am. I will be going there tomorrow before I have to work to let Warren know how unhappy I am with the quality of service that upper management in that store provided this evening. I could've really been hurt because of a mistake this store made and no one seemed to care except for Curtis. I also called and reported this to the corporate number as well. I feel very disrespected and I WILL NOT BE SHOPPING AT THIS WALMART EVER AGAIN AND WILL ADVISE OTHERS TO DO THE SAME!!!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2014

I purchased four tires from Walmart and got the warranty with no charge for tire rotation at the time I purchased them. I went there regularly for my oil change and rotated my tires every other time. The last time I went there apparently the mechanic put a different make and size tire on my rear tire. God only knows what happened to my tire that he took off. I didn't notice it until I went to put air in my tires months later (who checks to see if the mechanic put the right tire back on your car?).

Upon noticing that my car had a different tire put on it I called Walmart’s manager and told him about it. Which took me all morning to do between getting hung up on and waiting for them to find him to answer the phone and leaving a message with a different Manager earlier in the morning. His response was, "Since it happens months ago they (Walmart’s Loss and Prevention) people and their management team decided they weren't negligent and would not be held responsible." They also scratched the inside door panel and attempted to cover it with some sort of oil?

My warning to anyone who is thinking about going to Walmart for any car repairs --- STAY AWAY. They are NOT trustworthy!!! From this point on I will be going to Big O's or Discount Tire. All the years previous I had used them, never had any problems. I should have stuck with them.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2014

Friday Nov. 14, 2014, I took my 2002 Volkswagen Passat to 5730 W. Amarillo Blvd Amarillo TX Walmart auto center for tire rotation and oil change. Previously no issues with that vehicle's oil drain plug not tightening or leaking, I returned to Walmart after 2 hours. They informed me that my drain plug was stripped out and could not be removed. I always thought if it was stripped out it could not be tightened, but anyway this was their response. Also they said we damaged my oil filter to the point it could leak, so we went ahead and replaced it with a new one even though they didn't get to change the oil. And they charged me for rotating and balancing my tires. They said I would have to take it to a garage, they recommended a specific one which tells me this wasn't their first incident.

I first took the car home when I noticed it had an oil leak it never had before. Upon further inspection, they didn't rotate the tires (I had marked them) and there was no weights or indication that they had balanced them. The bent up oil filter which they damaged was still on there too. They recommended I file an insurance claim through their insurance of which a third party administrator handles or is supposed to. If you miss a call from that person, it takes 7 - 10 days for them to get back to you. I've missed 2 and I still haven't talked to them and it’s been 19 days now. Walmart said it would be taken care of in 48 hours. Customer service is no help whatsoever. They say they have nothing to do with it, it’s all handled by their insurance which is a joke. I've tried to consult with the store, Walmart customer service and C.M.I. (Walmart's insurance administrator) with still no results at this point

Original review: Dec. 2, 2014

Well, this is not the first time. I usually go to do my van oil change at this location. When I get, I ask them how long it takes, he said between 1 hour to hour and half and easy it take them 2:30-2:45. When you ask them "I need to complain, I want to talk to the manager" and it end up the manager who did the oil change. Walmart auto center is the worst place to go to. They are like gangsters. You can't talk to nobody there and they look at you, "that's what we got, take it or leave it." It's a shame on walmart to have extremely bad management like that. The only good thing they have is the price. Otherwise, forget it.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2014

We had our oil changed and the fuel injection system done back in September and had to go back and have the fuel injection system ran again back it clogged up our exhaust and made it run like crap. We are spending a couple hundred dollars a week in gas to drive it. And we had to pull it home three time. Nothing was wrong with it before we took it there.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2014

Walmart at Steelyard in Cleveland changed oil. 5 days later no oil in engine. Repair shop I used claims it is common and is Walmart negligence. Oil change took 3 hrs. 4 other cars were done while I believe a new trainee serviced my car. Walmart hides behind corporate names, insurance companies and business agents to deny compensation for lost of use of my car and engine.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2014

My husband & I took our Honda Element to the Wal-Mart Auto Service in Tarboro, N.C. this morning to have the tires rotated and balanced. We had bought the tires from them about 2 years ago and had at the time purchased the Free Lifetime Rotation & Balance they offer. The tires have approximately 30,000 miles on them now. So, we left the keys with them and went to shop while waiting for our vehicle. After about an hour, we went to check on their progress. We were told they could not do the rotation and balance because the front tires were wearing on the inside edges and the rear tires were wearing on the outside edges.

This is NOT TRUE! This set of tires was wearing very evenly! The vehicle had just passed N.C. State Inspection a week ago! We had looked at them thoroughly before taking the vehicle to them that morning. The entire time the work order was being written we noticed all the employees hanging around the window, looking into the service writing area. The guys were not doing anything but playing around, joking and laughing with each other. It was obvious that they did not want to do any work and therefore refused to do our rotation & balance! We will never buy any more tires from any Wal-Mart because of this! Tarboro's Wal-Mart sure needs someone to straighten out their Auto Service Dept.! It is the pits!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2014

Went in today to have 4 tires put on our van. Was told it would be an hour so went to do some shopping. 5 minutes later we were paged to come back to TLE. When we got there, they said that my gear shifter would not go into drive and they refused to work on it. I told them I have never had a problem with the gear shifter and could I go show them that it does work just fine? They said “No, we are done.” I asked for the store manager and the TLE tech said he wanted to stand there to make sure I had my "story straight". After a lengthy conversation that went nowhere, the store manager told the TLE tech to take her outside and show her that the gear shifter was broken. Of course right in front of her it worked just fine. They had no problems pulling it into the bay.

After being forced to put the tires on my vehicle by the manager and taking up an hour of my time they took another 1 1/2 hours to put the tires on. When I went back to pay I was told that they could only put 3 of the 4 tires on for some bogus reason. By that time I just gave up and said I will just pay for the 4th tire and have my mechanic put it on. It took them another 30 minutes just to pay for it because they tried to charge me for installation and tire removal of the 4th tire that they refused to put on. I will never go there again. I saw them refuse service to two other people who just walked away angry during that time.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2014

Overcharged, underserviced at Bleachery Blvd, in Asheville, NC - I called the Auto Service department to find out what it would cost to change the oil and filter on my car - which required 0W20 full synthetic motor oil. Was told on the phone it would be around $45. I went to the store - at the counter I was told the cost would be $49.99. When I told the service person that I was quoted $45, he just said they made a mistake. So I said to go ahead. Was told it would take about one half hour, since I was first in line. When I came back a half hour later, they had hardly started. 20 minutes later I get the bill, $56.89. I objected since I was quoted $49.99. Was told that the 0W20 required a fill with a container which required an additional charge. I objected and was told a manager would have to approve. I said, fine. After about 20 minutes, including 4 calls for a manager, who never showed up, I paid the amount and left. This is the very, very poor level of service that this Walmart store is providing. Obviously I left very dissatisfied. I wonder if anyone bothers to read these reviews and complaints at Walmart. In any case, let the buyer beware. I for one would not go back to this store for anything, except perhaps a refund.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2014

I will never take my car to Walmart for an oil change! This is what happens when I took my car to Walmart!! They broke my oil line. Make me wait an hour and never call me or anything, bad service, in New Castle Pennsylvania..

Original review: Nov. 4, 2014

I visited the Troy, Alabama Wal-Mart Tire and Lube Center yesterday afternoon to have my tires rotated and balanced. I was told it would take awhile, and I told them that was fine and I went into the store to get my shopping done. Approximately 45 minutes later, I was paged to return to the automotive department. I asked the guy who paged me what was wrong and he stated that all he was told was to page me. He then opened the window and asked one of the technicians what was wrong, then turned to me and said, "Your tires are dry-rotted and they won't touch them." I told the guy that was not true and he told me to go out and talk to the technician. I walked out into the car bay and waited for someone to come over to talk to me.

I waited a few minutes and no one came over. One of them looked at me, but no one spoke. I finally stopped one of them and asked what was going on. He got an attitude and told me that my tires are six years old and dry-rotted. I told him to just give me my keys and I'd leave. I went back into the store and quickly finished my shopping and left. I checked my tires when I got home and I had my father check them as well. We agreed that there was no dry-rot. I took my vehicle to another tire shop and dealer this morning and had the tires rotated and balanced and the technician said nothing about any issues with them.

When he was finished I asked him if he saw anything wrong. He told me he didn't, so I told him what the Wal-Mart technician said. He checked the tires again and told me there was nothing wrong and I have a good bit longer before I need new tires. I will never again use Wal-Mart Tire and Lube Center. They are lying and manipulating customers in order to sell products. I thank God I know enough about vehicles and tires to not fall for such despicable business practices.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2014

When I brought my car to get an oil change, balance and rotation and a nail hole repair, the mechanic said it would "be about an hour." It took two and a half hours to complete the job and when they were "finished" that hadn't even rotated the tires! The mechanic said "he was only supposed to balance the tires". I said "well I paid for a lifetime tire rotation too" and the mechanic said "don't worry I'll go ahead and take care of this for you". When I got there there was ONE car in the garage.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2014

They totally messed up my car and then worse failed to accept responsibility for it. The manager that attempted to resolve the situation spoke lies throughout the conversation in an attempt to cover up their mistake...I am disgusted by the whole ordeal and regret that I had the poor judgement to take my car to walmart for an oil change...I figured they couldn't mess up an oil change could multi-task and take care of some shopping, boy was I wrong...Horrible experience...tacky management...wasn't the auto manager but he was a manager at the store...I guess...but from the conversation he sounded more like an employee playing manager because his whole attitude and demeanor was baiting, petty and trifling. I guess you can gather from this review...I am not a happy Walmart customer at this time.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2014

My wife took her 2009 Traverse into Walmart IN Angleton, TX for a simple service. When picking the vehicle up she was told that a "check charging system" error was showing on the dash. Long story short I checked it when I got home from work and the warning message was off but the alternator and wiring around it were covered in oil. I put my meter on it and now the alternator under load is jumping all around. Took it back to the walmart and was given the run around. Took them nearly 30 minutes to come outside just to deny it ever happened. They claimed the video doesn't show any oil being spilled and that it must of happened somewhere else. So before I ended up saying or doing something I regretted I just left. The alternator cost me $162 and 2 hours of my time. I won't be shopping at Walmart again.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2014

I went to a Walmart located in Addison Tx, for an oil change and rotate my tires. I was waiting in the office for my car, after an hour they told me that my car was ready. I asked how much is the total and I paid the ticket. The rep gave me my car keys and I left the store. After 15 min I received a call and a rep told me "hey ma'am your car is ready", I told her "yes I know my car is ready I am driving my car, thank you!" Min after I received another call and that person was yelling me and she said "I will fine you, I will call the police", and I was like "what are you talking about?" and the person said, "you left the store without pay your bill, you have until 5pm to pay your bill or I will call the police". I replied "I have my ticket but give me 5 min I will go to your store".

I was so upset for the way that the employee talked to me, when I got to the store I asked for the manager, and one of the associates called the person who called me. I told her that is not the way to talk to a customer, why she yelled at me and she said that she was doing her job and that is the way that she talks to the customers and because I left without paying my bill he called me. I showed her the ticket and explained to her that how I could left the store if they have my car keys, obviously I got my keys after I paid for the service. She replied that there were 2 order tickets and I just paid for one of them and I have to make sure to paid everything before I left the office, I explained to her that I do not work for Walmart, I asked how much was the total and I paid for it. The employee instead apologized, called the police, and she explained the police that somebody called me to let me know that there was another ticket that I did not paid and all I said was, "I already have my car. That is not true, the person never mention anything about a second ticket, all she said was that my car was ready", she changed the words.

When I asked for that employee they told me that the employee was on lunch and when I told them that I want to wait for her, the police told me that I was harassing the employee and I have to leave the store. The police told me that I need to leave the store immediately otherwise he has to arrest me. He added, "you can't come back to this store - if I see you in this store I will need to arrest you", he said that I was disturbing the peace. This situation is so unreal and I am so upset that at this point Walmart did not take any actions regarding this situation. I opened a case 2 weeks ago and I am still waiting for a response.

Wal-Mart Oil and Lube Company Information