Wal-Mart Tire & Lube

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

Wal-Mart Oil and Lube Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wal-Mart Oil and Lube?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Original review: April 17, 2015

Took my Chevy Cavalier in for an oil change about 11 am. They upsold me a fuel injection flush for 10 additional. While I waited, I shopped and put in pictures at the photo area. About noon, they called. I went up and they were looking for my keys, then someone came from the back and said they just started because they couldn't get the filter out. I joked with them and left to go shop more and wait for my pictures. Got my pictures, paid for other items and went back to check status at about 1 pm. Still not ready. The gentleman said usually an oil change takes 20 minutes, a bit more for fuel injection service. He couldn't say why not yet done. Was done at about 1:30.

When I went to the counter, they first gave me a paper to sign saying I needed to get a new dipstick before my next oil change because it was broken. I didn't sign and told them it was fine before. They got the mechanic and stated it was already broken. I told them I was not happy or comfortable but knew I couldn't fight it so just signed and paid and went to my car. When I got to my car I found my back window open. This window is faulty and unable to close. I returned to the counter and asked why they had lowered the window and the counter guy just kind of ignored me cause he couldn't really answer. I got angry and told them to open the door to let me out, went to the front and asked for a manager.

When she came I explained why I was angry and that I was going on a trip and the window is stuck down. I told her I figured she would probably do nothing, but I wanted to voice my complaint. She walked me back to auto telling me to wait and see what she can do. She got the 'pit boss' (who looked annoyed to be bothered) and they went into the back and got my paperwork. After talking, they came to me and said they were told the dipstick was already broken and they always roll down windows when they drive a car in… normal procedure and that I should have told them about the faulty window. I asked how a normal person would know to say that when you are just getting an oil change. The manager stated if it was her, that would be the first thing she would tell someone. I said “If you know procedure, you would, but an ordinary person would not.” There is no reason for a back window to be rolled down for an oil change. I left.

When I got home I found I had been overcharged by 10, they had changed my arrival time to an hour later than was accurate and they lied about checking my blinker lights - which I know because my passenger blinkers don't work. I went back and was refunded my 10. I asked why they changed the arrival time and said they checked my lights when obviously they didn't… no pit boss or manager was available (boss at lunch and manager in office doing something). The cashier, ** - bless her heart, offered to have the car rechecked. I told her I trusted them to do it the first time and I didn't trust them to have my car again. I am disappointed at the lack of concern, no apologies, no mention that oops, they can't get the window up, just a blame on me for not telling them. Very unhappy with Walmart, where I love to shop on a regular basis and no clue if they even checked anything I paid for or guarantee it is right.

Original review: April 16, 2015

I called the Walmart on Henry St. in Muskegon and asked if they had tires that would fit my car. They told me that they did and that there was only one person waiting for tires and that I should come right over. I got there within 5 minutes and told them that I wanted my 2 front tires replaced. They gave me a slip and said that they would notify me in the store when the car was ready, if I wanted to wait and do some shopping. After almost 2 hours of hanging around in the store, I took my purchases to the register in Automotive. That is when they informed me that they only had 1 tire that would fit my car. I guess that the inventory showed 6 on hand.

Why did I have to wait that long to get this information? If I hadn't went back there, I would probably still be waiting. I skipped going to an appointment to get these tires installed. Even though I was thoroughly disgusted with Walmart at this time, I decided to call the Walmart across town (Henry St.) to see if they had the tires in stock. After calling 3 times without any one answering the phone in Automotive, I decided to give up on getting any tires from Walmart. How does a company stay in business with such poor customer service?

Original review: April 14, 2015

I went to Walmart in Douglasville for an oil change. When I picked my vehicle up I noticed that the oil light and the engine light was on. These lights were not on before I dropped the car off. I had a doctors appointment for one of my children So I could not go back into the store immediately. I did immediately called them and told them what had happened. They said to come in when I got back from the doctor. When I returned to the store they took my vehicle. They said they drain the oil that was in there and put a thicker oil in there hoping that that would cause the light to go off. When that didn't work They started googling How to fix the problem.

After about an hour Someone explained to me that it was a coincidence that the light came on And that if I drove the vehicle for about a hundred miles the lights would probably go away. Needless to say that did not work. When I returned to the store I spoke to a manager who told me that he would look at the video to make sure that everything was done correctly. He also told me to take my vehicle to a mechanic so that they can diagnose the problem and once I did that and if it was related to the oil change at all they would take care of it.

When I returned to the store with the repair Order Stating that the oil pressure was low due to low oil level in the vehicle The manager said that that was something that Could not have been caused during the oil change. He also stated that he did not personally look at the video but he had another associate to do so over the weekend and that associate told him that everything was done correctly. He then reassured me that he will investigate the video himself and call me back. I called the store manager later that day and was told that no one had seen the video because their loss prevention person was gone all weekend and that it would not be until the next day before they could watch the video. I was concerned that the manager I spoke to lied to me and told me that somebody had watched it And told him that everything was done correctly but no one has access to the video.

So when I asked the store manager about the inconsistency in that story she told me she could not discuss it with me. My mechanic says I need a new motor now and Wal-Mart isn't taking any responsibility for their mistakes. They called my mechanic and told them I bought my vehicle to them with no oil in it, but that is not mentioned on their work order/receipt and was never mentioned to me during my many conversations with several employees who said they worked on my vehicle, including 3 managers. The bottom line is, there was no problems with my vehicle before they had it. I had driven less than ten miles before bringing back to them. The lights were on immediately after starting the vehicle, which means they saw it when they were done and no one noted it nor did they mentioned it to me. Leaving me to believe they were hiding it.

Original review: April 9, 2015

Took in for oil change - the tech broke my threads on oil pan, over tight the plug on my car. Walmart paid for towing to garage to fix. The garage tried rethread the oil pan failed. Car leaked oil - called garage to come get car. Walmart paid for repair. Now because it leaks Walmart blames garage for bad repair and says the garage didn't fix it like Walmart told them and garage wants to put on new oil pan and Walmart will not pay for anything. Refuse to fix my car blaming garage for not fixing it right so now I am screwed. Now I still have a broken car. I need to sue Walmart just don't know how. What a nightmare.

Original review: April 7, 2015

On March 25th I brought my vehicle to Wal-Mart (store 3324) in Sheboygan for an oil change. It was an easy way to multitask -- I also had some shopping to do. After the oil change I went to work (part time job) and got home later that evening (it was dark out). For the next 2 days I left the house when it was dark and got home when it was dark. On Saturday afternoon when I got home from work, (first time it had been light out coming or going to work) I pulled into my driveway and to my horror, I had 3 large dark spots in my driveway. By large I mean 15 -20 inch in diameter. Not sure what the substance was, I called Wal-Mart to ask if I could have it looked at.

The only thing that had changed in the last couple days was the oil change, so I assumed it was oil. In the process of trying to get a hold of someone in that department, I was disconnected 3 times. This just added to the dissatisfaction I was having with this experience. By the time I actually talked to someone, it was time for me to leave for my part time job again. I was told to bring it in the next day and they would look at it. The next morning I brought in my vehicle, explained the oil spots and my dissatisfaction with this purchase. I spent $8000 on my newly paved driveway and it looked like crap now. Very angry.

The guys that looked at the vehicle came out of the garage area and showed me the air filter that they took out of the vehicle. They showed me that the top gasket wasn't smooth, it was a bit wavy. It was a Fram filter cor 6607 TLE. The mechanic said after this I should request a Purolator filter after this "because they are cheaper and better." Here's my 1st question. If they are cheaper and better, why are they not using them? Here's my second question. Has anyone ever been asked what air filter they would like? The mechanics said this type of thing happens every once in a while with the FRAM filters. I was asked if I wanted them to show me where the oil dry products were. Really? That's your answer to my complaint? I will never use the Wal-Mart store for any auto work ever again.

Original review: April 4, 2015

I saw an employee and asked him if ya'll carry a specific brand of tires. He told me "I'm not on the clock." I've had similar experiences here before and if I can buy any product elsewhere, I will shop there instead. We bought 4 new tires somewhere else. You lost a good customer.

Original review: March 27, 2015

Every 3 months I have taken my 2007 Chevy to be serviced, oil, fluids, vacuum. Referred a friend also, then referred another friend. Last visit first friend, they claim Oil pan leaking. No leaks. Had car checked elsewhere. My last visit, they claim "oil pan" leaking, had car checked elsewhere, no leaks. This visit occurred March 5 2015. After assuring me all else other than "oil leak" was fine, car began missing. Had NO transmission fluid left in car. I have no idea how much damage I, or Walmart may have done to a perfectly good transmission. When I returned to speak with someone, March 27 2015 approx. 5:30 pm, a Manager of another dept informed me I have oil leak only. Advised her NOTHING in oil was leaking. Advised NO transmission fluid in my car after I left Walmart. Again, only stated I have oil leak. Refused to assist even with an apology. Since this time I have spoken with countless people that have experienced the same issues.

Walmart is making enough money that they should stand behind their product, replace what they destroy and at lease hire Caring Managers. This will stop me and many other from shopping for ANY product at Walmart. To top it off Manager walked away with receipt. Now I must spend another day searching for THAT manager whom I am sure will dispute taking my receipt. I am sure these records are in your system however as I charged.

Original review: March 26, 2015

Took my 2013 Honda Civic with 11,702 miles on it for an oil change and tire rotation to Walmart in Greeneville Tennessee. The next day my son took the car to work and called me to tell me the check engine light was on so I told him I just had the oil changed and to look under the hood. When he opened the hood the oil cap was in the engine compartment and there was oil all over the engine. I called Walmart and they told me to bring the car back. I then called Honda and they told me not to drive the vehicle so I had it towed to Honda. Thank goodness I did. No major issues. They cleaned the engine and replaced a quart of oil. I filed a complaint with Walmart. He said he will have to review the video so this is probably not going to end without a fight. I will never take my car to Walmart for any work. My closest Honda dealer is 30 miles away but it is well worth the trip.

Original review: March 19, 2015

I purchased 2 tires from Hudson Bridge Walmart in Stockbridge on 3/13/15. Within hours, one of the tires blew a hole out at the sidewall for no apparent reason. By the next evening (3/14/15), the second would no longer hold air. I went back to store on 3/16/15 and was told by 3 managers that I would not be able to get a refund or an exchange. When I had asked if they were aware of the complaints and bad reviews of the same problem with the same tire (which unfortunately, I didn't look up reviews until after the fact), the tire department manager responded with, "They are cheap tires and I wouldn't have sold them to you." But still was told nothing they could do. I might as well have thrown that money in trash. Then after looking at info received to go through manufacturer's warranty, I realize it was the wrong info! I would like to look into a class action lawsuit! A lot of people on the online reviews are asking for one as well.

Original review: March 14, 2015

I bought a set of Goodyear tires at Walmart. (P265/70R17 TRACK2). At 8,000 miles I had a flat. Took it to an auto repair place to have it fixed. They told me the bead had split and was not repairable. They could not offer a replacement because it was a Walmart co-branded tire, and suggested I take it back. I had purchased the road-hazard insurance with the tires originally. So, went back to the Walmart I bought them from.

Walmart no longer had a record of my purchase, since their automotive section used to be managed by Jiffylube. So, an elderly, rude woman who plugged my information in to an arcane handheld device with a plastic pen. After explaining the situation multiple times, I left my keys and went into the store. Thirty minutes later, I was paged. They couldn't find anything wrong-- with my SPARE. The flat tire was in the bed of the truck, and the older lady knew that. After I clarified, they asked again what I wanted done. They didn't have a replacement in stock and the tire had been discontinued, so they could not order one.

I asked about alternatives. They showed me a tire that roughly resembled it (raised white sidewall). They had ONE in stock of my size. I asked them to replace it. As they were starting, I asked about credit for the original tire. They said I'd have to talk to "Mr. **" but they had not seen him in a while. As a side note, one of the kids working there said-- "oh, by the way, the one tire we had doesn't have raised lettering like the one we showed you." I finally gave up and asked them to put everything back. I will buy my tire elsewhere.

There were at least 5 Walmart people I interacted with and none were helpful. I never saw the manager. All together, I wasted two hours there and did not get my tire replaced. Perhaps this is how Walmart avoids honoring their tire warranties, by frustrating customers into leaving. Lessons learned: Walmart offers of name brand products are NOT the same quality that you will buy elsewhere. Walmart does not keep adequate inventory of their own co-branded products. Walmart automotive staff are largely indifferent and not professional. Walmart does not honor manufacturers warranties OR their own hazard insurance. If anyone cares, this interchange was 3/14/2015 at Walmart store #1177 on Highlands Avenue, Manchester, MO.

Original review: March 14, 2015

I went to Walmart very early this morning for about 8.45am to try change battery of my car but I been there for about 2 hours waiting but the customer service told me at that time I have 6 cars ahead of me. Also I can see inside the shop and nobody was working on any car So it is unacceptable to offer an service that it does not work.

Original review: March 13, 2015

On January 23rd, I took my car to the auto service dept at the Walmart located in near our home for an oil change. When the technician asked for my information, I asked him for an oil change and to check everything because we were going to use the car for a long drive at the end of the week. I also asked if they could check and fill the power steering fluid if needed because the steering had become tight and thought it may need some fluid. He stated they could but it would be a while before the car was ready because they were very busy. I told him I would leave the car and come back later that afternoon to pick it up.

I returned to pick up the car that afternoon and was told nothing about the car when paying. I stopped in the service area and asked a lady if I could speak with someone regarding my car. She asked what my question was and I asked about the power steering fluid because it simply said checked and no notation regarding filling the reservoir. She said "Oh yes, I know that one and it was fine. It did not need any." I left thinking maybe something else was wrong with the steering and would call to make an appointment with the dealer. I drove straight home which is less than a mile and parked the car until the next morning.

I drove to work which is an hour away and noticed the check oil light came on. I thought maybe the techs had not reset the computer although thought it was strange because we have our oil changed regularly (3,000 miles) and had not noticed this light the day before. When I finished my work and began my drive home, a red flashing light came on and said oil pressure very low. Again, I could not imagine why this would be because I had just had it changed so I drove home but made an appointment for the next morning with the dealership.

While I was at work the next day, the dealership called and left a message for me to call. When I called back, they asked when the last time I had the oil changed was....I said on Monday (2 days before). They said "You have not oil in your car. You may want to come up here." When I had finished work, I went up and they showed me that there was less than a quart of oil that drained from the car. They also noted that the power steering reservoir was down to less than half and as we looked we noticed all the other things that were marked "checked" had not been. The battery was corroded so that the plastic covering was stuck and had to be pried so that could not have been checked and cleaned; the air filter had moths and dirt in it, and 3 of the four tires had 26-28 lbs of air but were noted as having 35 lbs each.

I called the store only to be put on hold and then transferred. One nice gentleman in the service area did speak to me finally but said the manager was on vacation. The next day I learned that my "case" was transferred to Case Mgmt, Inc. and they would call me soon. ** called me at 7:30 Friday morning to tell me that he would review my case and the video. The next week, he called to tell me they still had not received the video and then the next week, he called to tell me he had reviewed the video and it appeared everything was done correctly. I began to laugh and proceeded to ask him how they possibly could be sure and if all had been taken care of, how my car could have declined in 2 days. I also asked about the power steering. His reply was, "Mrs. **, they are not mechanics." He then said my case was closed. I informed him that it was probably not.

The car is using oil now which it never did before and I would like protection from possible future issues from this.

Original review: March 10, 2015

The Auto Care Center at my Walmart (6149 Old National Hwy, College Park, GA 30349) is full of slow, lazy, liars. I pulled up at 3:40 to get my oil changed and specifically asked if it would be done by 4:30 because I needed to be somewhere by 5. I was assured that my car would be done by 4:30 and I believed him since there was only one car in the garage, leaving the other four garage slots open.

My car was immediately pulled into the garage and I went into Walmart to do a little bit of shopping while I waited. I was gone until 4:15, when I came out my car wasn't done, no problem, it wasn't 4:30 yet, so I had confidence that it would be finished soon. 4:28 rolls around and I asked the lady at the front (she's very nice) how long it would be because I was assured it would be done by a certain time. She checked for me and was hesitant to come back and tell me because they told her that it would be another 15 minutes before it was done.

My car did not get pulled up until 4:50 and the mechanic didn't even have the decency to apologize for lying and making me 20 minutes late for what I needed to do! He didn't say a word to me after he pulled up, actually, nothing! The entire time I'm waiting, I see mechanics sitting around, talking, grabbing food, talking to women that don't even work in the auto care department, just lollygagging around, not caring about what I needed to do and what was promised.

I asked for a reason! If I would have known that it would take an hour and twenty minutes to change frickin oil, I would have just waited until AFTER my appointment or the next day. Excuse me, I paid for a service. I was promised it would be done by a certain time, I expect you to do your dang job! Especially since my entire decision to pay you was 100% because I reassured that it would be done by a certain time and I would not be late. NEVER AGAIN! NEVER! I will be going up to the store tomorrow to complain about the workers there, their nonchalant attitudes, and their empty promises. Totally inconsiderate. Highly pissed off.

I have anxiety issues, so it's important for my life to be very direct and punctual or I will either have an asthma attack or go into a crying fit. I ended up going into a slight crying for because of their excessive tardiness. I call it "slight" because I had my 7 year old son in front of me and I had to try and keep it together as best as I could for his sake and to keep him calm.

Original review: March 6, 2015

I was a ASE Technican. I always buy My tires at Wal-Mart and sometimes have My Oil changed there, depending if I have time to do it. I haven't had any trouble and I have had three sets of Tires put on different Vehicles in the last Year. Sometimes the wait can be extensive but overall that's all part of it. I do wish I would see more Torque Tues being Used but I have never had an Issue. I would rather buy My tires and Oil changes elsewhere because they have taken over everything else. I just can't compete with The prices.

Original review: March 3, 2015

Took my SUV for the mechanic to check it. The mechanic ask to look under the hood with him and found my oil cap was on top of the motor and oil was everywhere. I was very upset with the guy that change my.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2015

My car already had 2.5 extra quarts of oil in already. If ** had changed my oil why would it STILL have 3 extra quarts in it AFTER he was done. He disconnected my cruise control. It is the only car we have. My husband is disabled.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2015

In brief. I had Rain X wiper blades($32.00 a pair) installed at my auto parts store on 2/5/15. I had my oil changed (Mobile One high mileage oil) at Walmart Osprey Florida on 2/17/15. When finished was told that the bill was not correct and that the Tech added wiper blades. Ok fine. I didn't ask for the blades to be replaced as the ones that were on when I came in were new and very expensive. I told Doug to get my Rain X blades back on. He went out to the bay and said, not to worry sir the blades that they put on would be comped to me. I said no, I want MY Rain X blades that were on back on the van. Ok, he said he would have the blades back on. I watched from a distance as the tech took blades on put another set on. Out the door I went only to find out when I got home they were not the Rain X blades but a cheap set of blades.

Went back to the Autoparts store where I bought the Rain X blades and had the clerk at the Auto store come out and check the blades that the Walmart Tech put back on. He showed me a Rain X blade, and there was no way you could mistaken a Rain X blade from any of the cheaper blades. Rain X has the name on the blade in plain sight. Back to Walmart. Told the man, who my wife thought was the Auto Manager, I wanted the Rain X Wiper blades that I had on when I came back on. No worries he says. Out to the Bay then out to me van. Back with the blades that were on the van, measured the length of the blade and went into the Walmart store and came back with a new set of Rain X blades.

Questions needing to be asked. Why a tech who looks at wiper blades as a daily inspection would take off perfectly good Rain X blades. Answer from Walmart was that the Work order after mine had a note to replace the wiper blades. Really. Ok, then why did they not just put my wiper blades back on? And where did the original Rain X blades go?

Original review: Feb. 17, 2015

Tires and lube express should the guest work out Major automotive repairs. First thing, this counter should be just for automotive needs only. The customer service rep manager gets every call only she can resolve. Next, line of 20 with only 3 has needs automotive concerns. Not a good wait time. Thoughts upon the estimate time 2-4 hrs. Go figure 3 mechanics on duty. Noted there's no system, who does what? Wait was time increase by 1 hr. Customer service failed!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2015

Worst Experience of my Walmart life. Walmart Store # 03093 located in Meridian, Idaho. I normally go there to do tire rotation and change my oil for my Touring Sedan, Sebring Chrysler. On January 16, 2015, IT WAS THE WORST WALMART EXPERIENCE IN MY LIFE! I went in there for an easy oil change, but it ended up as a 3 hours in a hell hole.

First, they paged me over the intercom system to come to the automotive department, stating that they couldn't change my oil because the cap cover on the oil tank is "orange" Walmart don't do "orange cap" they ONLY do "black cap cover" for the oil. And they made me look like a BIG FAT LIAR when I told them my last oil change was at the same Walmart, same location in August 2014. I even pointed out the guy who worked on my car on that day in August 2014, but he looked at me and said, HE'S EXACT WORDS: "I don't remember you, I don't know you!" He had that frown on his forehead, and he made me look like I was a lying **. I WAS HURT. And regardless, I've tried to tell them the truth but they believe him. And they kept telling me that my information are not valid in their system and they couldn't find any proof of my last car service in August.

So I went outside in my car and get proof of my RECEIPT for my oil change on August 2014. And they pulled it up using the "service order" and they finally showed proof of my August oil changed. The manager pointed out that kid, who was still there mocking me, and taunting me with his evil stare. The manager told him that it was his name on the receipt. His name is **. But this ** was mean, unprofessional, unpleasant Walmart Technician. He made me feel like I was a liar, embarrassed and utterly HURT, because there were other customers (strangers) in line and he didn't even APOLOGIZE for his mistake. He just turned around, walked away and started laughing sarcastically.

I don't know if that's HOW Walmart trained their employee to be so EVIL and so UNPLEASANT. But somehow he ticked that nerve. I contemplated for so long. I thought I could forgive him. But I can't. THAT SERVICE WAS THE WORST SERVICE OF MY LIFE. First, they put in a wrong color cap for my oil tank without telling me that they did that. And then secondly they embarrassed me in front of strangers mocking me that I’m a LIAR.

I love to shop at Walmart. LOVE IT! But I don't think I will ever refer or consider that location to be the BEST for their service. Now I can't change my oil because somehow whatever they did, messed up my oil cap, and now they don't want to do anything to fix it. I'M SO UPSET, SO DISAPPOINTED.. Walmart needs to hire professional, true, and faithful people to provide an above and beyond service to make their customers feel at ease. Not to make them feel embarrassed, disappointed, and hurt. That particular employee (**) ruined the whole Walmart experience for me!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2015

I went into the Walmart on High Cross Road in Urbana, Illinois to get my light bulb changed. I had to come back the next day and wait because they had put the bulb in wrong and melted the glass so basically I had burning melted glass in my car. The day before, they ended up charging me double and did not catch it until the next day when I went in again. On top of everything, they left my car unlocked and trunk wide open in the middle of the parking lot unattended.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2015

I'm sorry many of you had problems with Walmart Tire Lube now called Auto Care. I work for a Walmart TLE as a service writer. If one of the technicians broke a part, we tow the vehicle to a shop just down the street from us and pay for it. The bill is faxed to us for claims and the customer is reimbursed if they did have to pay for anything. Of course the techs check the vehicle over for any potential problems to start with so we don't have that, but accidents can happen. (I.e. if you're missing studs we won't perform tire work for that will be unsafe.) The only complaint we get is the wait time, but we are short staffed and cannot make the store hire people.

The real problem I face in my position is the lack of knowledge people have with their own vehicles. I cannot pull 7 numbers out of the air and just slap on any tires. If you don't know your tire size, I can look it up, but some vehicles have different sizes depending on the rim size. If you don't bring in the car for me to look at the door jam, then I can't give you an accurate quote. Speed rating is another big thing, but the door jam tells you that too and again I can go out and check. For instance my car is a 2000 dodge neon-- I can either have a 185/60r15 or 185/65r14 depending on the trim of the car. (a lot of people can't even tell me what they drive nor a year, or trim).

Since mine is a base model, it takes the 14 rim size. My speeding rate is a S which is the lowest. I always go higher so I have Kumho Sense with a H rating. I understand people may not know this information on their cars, but don't get snippy with me if you don't bring the car in for me to check. I've had my oil change and tires done even before I worked there. And had been in those shoes not knowing my tire size, but I could at least tell you my year, make, model and trim of by vehicle. Never had a problem with those past techs and don't have any problems with the techs who work on my changes now.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2015

In June of 2014 I had Walmart rotate and balance my tires, as I was taking a trip to Las Vegas. I was in Vegas for about a week. When I was leaving Vegas to come back home to Mesa Arizona when I heard something hitting the bottom of my car. I pulled over and check to see if I had to run something over. When I stuck my hand under the vehicle I realize that it was my front right passenger tire that was completely shredded. This leads me to believe that they in fact did not complete a tire and balance rotation as the paperwork indicated. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and when the manager of the Walmart made contact with me to blame me for the tire being in the condition that it was and because I didn't report it right away, she felt as though I was lying and trying to get new tires out of her.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2015

Was having engine problems before I took my CRV in for an oil change. Engine code 0011. My Honda tech diagnosed I had a stretched timing chain and a bad tensioner. Repaired timing chain and tensioner and drove 6 miles and the engine light, and VSA lights come on. Code p2646 Vtec Valve switch. Honda tech replaced Vtec Valve switch. Drove car for another 6 miles and all lights come on - AGAIN code p2646. Honda tech then noticed the VERY small oil filter on my car. Honda tech changed oil and filter and the car runs PERFECT. Went to a different Wal-Mart and asked him what filter my car would take. He said it would be a 7317. I told him that I had taken it to another Wal-Mart and that's not what they put on it. He said wait, maybe they are using the 2014 filter guide book. It determines using a FRAM PH6607 which they installed on my car.

The filter is about 1/3 smaller than what they were using previously. He also explained how FRAM only makes that filter for Wal-Mart. My Honda tech had told me that the PH6607 would not properly regulate the correct oil pressure throughout my engine and would not work. Who designs, engineers, and determines oil filter size and design for Wal-Mart? How and who test them? How many others have these problems?

Original review: Jan. 29, 2015

We waited 3 hours for them to install 2 car tires on my car, otherwise the guys are nice and everything. If you are in a hurry I would not recommend having tires installed by walmart. The Douglas xtra trac 2 are the tires I had installed - not sure how good they are.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2015

In July of 2014, I purchased a new driver's side front tire for my 2004 Yukon. There were (2) people working in the service bay. It took them 50 minutes to replace (1) tire and they did that wrong. One of the guys spent at least 20 minutes complaining that he was not Wal-Mart Certified and he had been repairing cars for over 20 years. The tire blew out 6 months later. LOCATION: Wal-Mart Supercenter - Tire & Lube Express 2001 N Central Ave, Marshfield, WI 54449 Ph. (715) 486-9440

On January 23, 2015 that same tire that I purchased in July of 2014 had a blowout on the expressway. My family and I were traveling from Wisconsin to Illinois. After contacting roadside assistance they put on our spare but closest location to purchase another tire was the Wal-Mart in Plover, WI (store #01828). We were told that just the problem tire could not be replaced, but that all (4) tires had to be replaced because they were different sizes. I told them to replace all the tires and put the best tire in the spare rim. They said they could not do that because it was against Wal-Mart policy. LOCATION: Walmart Supercenter - Tire & Lube Express 250 Crossroads Dr, Plover, WI 54467 Ph. (715) 345-7855

We continued our trip to Illinois, after stopping for gas we noticed the front driver side tire was low. I called the service center in Plover, WI and told them the tire was low. They said the tire regulation said it should be at 32 psi, I told them the instructions on the tire stated 51 psi. We drove a little further and noticed the tire was almost flat. We filled the tire to 42 psi and had to continue filling the tire every hour until we reached out destination. Basically we spent the next 3 hours nursing this brand new tire.

The next day we told our Yukon to a local service center. After inspecting the tire (and the other 3 to be safe) they determined the cause of the problem was an improper bead seal on the rim and tire stem. This was performed at the Plover, WI location was the reason for the continue leaking tire. It was a $25.00 fix. Two incompetent Walmart locations.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2015

I recently had my oil changed at Wal-mart on Causeway in Brandon FL. After two weeks, my car started knockin' so I pulled over, checked everything and there was no oil. I then started calling Wal-mart to figure out why. Said I would have to make a claim and have it towed to a certified mechanic. So I did what they asked and now a week later, the claims people are still not calling me back, giving me the run around, and now they're saying they closed my claim before they even got video of the oil change. Dealership is saying, Wal-mart didn't do something right and should replace my engine, and now claims is saying they have to watch video first in the meantime. I'm without a car and they just don't care. I'm very unhappy with the way these people work. But if I was to steal something, oh they would be on it like nothing else, but a big companies, like Wal-mart, get away with murdering my car. Grrrr so upset...

Original review: Jan. 25, 2015

I just recently took my Acura MDX to Walmart to have them repair a slow leak in one of the tires. After waiting for several minutes, one of the service guys came out and told me that all four tires needed to be replaced and that I needed a wheel alignment. This was perplexing, because the vehicle had just recently been inspected by a very competent and reliable mechanic to whom I have been going for years, and the tires had all passed inspection.

I said that I would take the vehicle elsewhere, and I took it to a Pep Boys location not far from where I live, with whom I have done business previously. They told me that all four tires were fine and that they were able to patch the repair, for which they did not charge me. I should note that Walmart did not charge me because they did not perform the repair nor did I purchase any tires from them. However, either someone was not competent or they were trying to extort a sale from me. The tires for this vehicle are very expensive.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2015

Dropped my Saturn off to get an oil change and the idiots put oil where my washer fluid then had water in my oil. Contacted legal services to get a new engine, pending lawsuit.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2015

Went to Walmart on the 16th of January 2015 to have oil changed and tires rotated. I was told by one of the mechanics that I needed a different oil in my car. I have a 1999 Volkswagen Passat gas engine with a turbo. I watch them drop my car from the list about a foot. I went out there to see what was going on. While I was out there I asked for an empty bottle oil that they had put in my car. My car started acting up within a few days. I took it to my son. He saw the empty bottle of oil. It was heavy-duty diesel oil. After dealing with Walmart I've had no results to straighten this out.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2015

I went for a oil change and two new batteries for my truck. 3 hours later I ask what was going on and they said it was almost finish. when I got there, there was no one in line and I got right in so I waited and walk around the store 30 to 45 mins. Later to find them work on someone else's car and I ask what was going on. They said they were almost finished. So I walk some more and came back. And they had put the wrong batteries in my truck, they didn't quite fit right and that was because they were wrong and I said I wanted the right ones in my truck.

I looked threw the window and they were just pouring the oil in and so I walk some more and came back, still working on the truck. Now it has been three hours. I heard my truck start and pay the bill and went outside and open the hood to see what they had done and the first thing I see was the battery cables hadn't even been cleaned and that was it. I was about to blow so I went back in and look for manager and he said if I would come back tomorrow they would take care of it. Are you kidding me!

Wal-Mart Oil and Lube Company Information