3.61/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Volkswagen Passat

The Volkswagen Passat is a large 4-door coupe that's marketed as a family car. Read more Volkswagen reviews to learn about other models.

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Volkswagen Passat Reviews

Original review: Sept. 11, 2013

My 2013 Passat TDI SE had to be towed after 4 months of use to have the turbo replaced. Apparently there has been issues with the late 2012-2013 turbo and no recall was issued because it didn't happen to every car. Acceleration is also an issue due to the electronic gas pedal and it's very dangerous to pull out onto any highway because it may hesitate. My radio and navigation system started to malfunction a month later; fading in and out and when it came on, you couldn't control the volume or station and any hands-free telephone calls or navigation would be disconnect.

I was told at the dealership that VW USA was aware of the problem and were waiting for a software fix. VW USA said the fix could take one month to six months and I would be notified by mail when the fix was available. After 7 weeks of aggravation with no radio, hands-free phone or navigation, I was still told to be "PATIENT". The care broke down once again on the NJ expressway on a Sunday night. This time the car was overheating and the engine light came on to stop immediately. A kind gentleman stopped to help me and my children and found the hose clamp had come undone and he replaced it and added what liquid we had in the car to get us to a service station. The coolant light came on a few miles later and we managed to get to a service station that was open and purchased coolant.

I feel this incident put our lives in danger having to pull off the expressway and then a really bad area of Philadelphia with ex-cons and drug addicts knocking on our windows for handouts. The car went to the dealership and nothing was found to be faulty but the hose clamp may have been repaired improperly when they replaced the turbo 3 months ago and the entire car was power washed and a new radio was installed. This dealership was not aware there was a problem with radio system and was able to order one overnight and it works fine.

VW USA said they don't inform the dealerships of problems and that a new radio would not fix the problem since all the radios with the navigation system were having this issue. Customer service at the VW USA is the worse. I now have to replace two tires in 9 months of owning this car and 13,800 miles. Of course the warranty is under the tire manufacturer and the tires are manufactured for VW specifications which is 20,000 miles. I was told by Bridgestone to take my vehicle to a registered tire company in my area for tire wear measurements which indeed were worn out. Bridgestone only has one other tire that will fit this car and are out of stock with no ETA available. They will however only issue a 35% discount if I buy four new tires which are not available or buy two tires at my cost and when the tires are available they will discount 4 new tires by 45%.

Once again spending hours on the telephone with VW USA for some kind of compensation and they will not take the word of a reputable tire vendor as to the wear and tear measurements and I need to spend another few hours of my time driving to a dealership to have them inspect the tires and then they will call me. We have been a loyal VW customer with 4 people in my family having these cars but no longer. Customer service at the corporate is unacceptable and it's impossible to get to a higher level of management. Do yourself a favor and purchase another brand vehicle or be stressed out and afraid to drive your new car.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2013

My 2007 Passat has definitely had its share of problems since buying it used in 2010 with 35K miles on it. Along with the regular wear and tear maintenance (brakes, oil changes, new rotors, etc.), my Passat has had issues with the ac compressor going out and leaving me with hot air blowing in the middle of summer, FUN! $500 to fix that. Then, in the middle of a snow storm, my windshield wipers suddenly stopped working. Funny, when I called VW and told them that maybe my year Passat should have been recalled for the exact same thing the 2006 models were recalled for about that happening, they denied that was the case and I paid about $500 to have them fixed. Next, while driving to work one morning, my car started doing a jerk and shaky thing and the smell of burning oil happened. Oil had somehow began leaking into my engine and I needed to replace all my spark plugs because oil was everywhere under the hood. $300 to fix that.

Obviously, I have an electrical problem because my headlights constantly needs replacing and magically work after several days or hours. My driver's side leather seat is ripping. On hot or cold days, my dashboard panel blinks on and off, fades completely away, and has blurry wavy lines. I sometimes get a check engine light that pops on and then off, even after oil changes. Right now, I have a faulty airbag warning light on that won't go away that I'm afraid to fix because I'm sure they'll say that's a huge cost as well, just to reset the light. They charged me $149 just to reset the check engine light (it was causing my car to fail emission tests). Sometimes, when I get in my car, the dashboard is lit up like a Christmas tree. I'm definitely buying a Honda after this one dies. I'm just glad this one is paid off. Headache.

Original review: July 21, 2013

My parents purchased my VW GLS TDI New in 2004. 2 yrs ago, in 2011, my mother was no longer able to drive, so my father gave me the car. When I got the car, it was 7 years old and only had 35,000 miles on it, and was garage kept. I drove it 1 year with no issues, but Summer 2012, I went to a store and when I came out, the car wouldn't start. Got it to the dealer where regular maintenance was performed, and was told it needed a new battery and a new alternator, $1200 to fix that. March 2013, the car needed new axles and CV boots. $500 to fix that. The car shuttered after that was done. When I had my foot on the brake, stopped when I put it into neutral. Not sure what is causing that to happen. July 2013, engine started making a sound when I accelerated, which eventually led to loss of power and clouds of black smoke coming out of the exhaust when I accelerate.

First mechanic had it a week, and replaced a pressure valve in the turbo. Paid $200 for that, but it did not fix the problem and he told me to take it to a VW dealer. VW dealer said they had it fix 2 days ago. They charged me $200 to have a $13 part installed. So I picked it up and on the way home, I had loss of power, the car started bucking, and clouds of black smoke came out when I accelerated. Dealership still has no clue what is wrong, and they charge $125 and hour to diagnose the issue. Not sure what to do at this point. I do not really want to dump any more money into this car, especially if they have no idea what the issue is. Hoping to trade it in if they can get it running properly. I'd never own another one again. Very disappointed.

Original review: June 27, 2013

I still got issues to date with my 2012 Passat. The cup holder cover got an issue - replaced; the right head light beam got an issue - replaced; and the driver side door lock got an issue (lock not working, continuous 10mph locking) - replaced. When replacing the above, the service people showed negligence in putting back the door panel. I planned to go to service again this Saturday. Despite VW customer care tracking the third issue above, nothing was right. They need to revisit the service. Customer care is just a dump.

Original review: June 18, 2013

I bought a brand new 2000 Volkswagen Passat in 2000. In 2003, I got a note in the dash that oil pressure was low & found there was a recall on the vehicle. In 2004, at 20,000k miles, a warning on the dash came on saying that oil pressure was low. I towed it to the nearest dealership & was informed that I needed to replace the engine and although it was still under warranty, they refused to replace the engine because I had the vehicle serviced at a mechanic shop other than the dealership. In 2012, I was foolish and bought a 2009 Volkswagen Passat and just recently the engine light has come on, so I am concerned that Volkswagen is a terrible manufacturer.

P.S. Mark from Texas I would like information on the class action suit. Thanks.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Volkswagen Passat?

Original review: June 14, 2013

Acceleration will fail on car randomly. I have brought it to dealership to fix the problem with no success. I spent over $3,000 in replacement parts and sensors to fix problem with no resolution. This car poses a serious threat on the driver's safety and drivers around the car. I’m seeking class action against VW and my dealership in Allen, TX. Please contact me if you're experiencing the same problem!

Original review: April 28, 2013

I was unable to get acceleration onto a busy interstate highway. Once, up to 65 miles an hour, it was okay. Then I was on a country road and was unable to get up a small hill (30 mph at the most). The glow plug light came on and it started flashing. The engine icon came on as well. I had to be towed to the nearest V.W. dealer. It turns out the turbo had to be replaced. We had just had it in for a 10,000-mile check up and everything was okay. At the time of the tow, we had 12,000 miles on the car. We were unable to find out why the turbo failed. I'm just glad the semi-truck driver was able slow down enough to allow me to get onto the interstate. I don't even want to think about what could have happened if he was unable to slow down enough. I'm sure he wasn't happy with me. It took a week to get the repairs done, and I was given a loner car with a significant crack in the window on the passenger side. They said that was the only loner car available.

Original review: April 19, 2013

I bought a 2006 VW Passat from a used car dealer with 86K miles on it. I have had the car for less than 60 days and I have already been to the shop two times and today, 4/19/13, while I was driving on the highway, the car started stalling and losing power. I am about to get it towed to a VW repair shop. I am very disappointed with VW. I thought VW was a good brand but after my experience, it is certainly not even a fair brand. It's just a ridiculous brand.

Original review: March 13, 2013

2006 VW Passat - We have had nothing but problems with VW Armstrong. On two different services, they noted that we needed to replace both the right and left strut because we have had so many problems with them. They had our car for over 2 weeks to resolve the car not accelerating that I took it to Dick Hannah of Portland. They were really service oriented and checked out our car and said that the struts did not have to be replaced. Note: a savings of $500.

Original review: March 1, 2013

I have a 2006 Passat that has been financed and paid off. I purchased this vehicle brand new and have been maintaining this vehicle with Volkswagen Service (Bayside Volkswagen) in NY. This car has 50,504 miles on it. I had taken my vehicle in on February 16th, 2013 for a routine oil change. On February 25th, 2013, as I was approaching my workplace, a light went on in the vehicle and it said "Oil Pressure low, Engine off." I was able to park the car. I called VW service and they said it is probably an electrical issue and just bring the vehicle in. After work, my husband and I tried to take the vehicle to the VW service which was fairly close. As we drove it, it began to make a rattling noise almost like a truck. We did not make it. The engine completely shut off on the service road of a parkway. We had to have the car towed to VW service. We left the vehicle overnight. We were informed there would be a $110 an hour diagnostic charge; however, it would be refunded if they were to do the work to repair the vehicle. We agreed trusting that VW service would take care of the car and since we just did the oil change 10 days prior at their establishment, we assumed this may have something to do with the current problem we were having.

The next morning, we were contacted by VW service and informed that the engine would not crank and they would need 4-5 hours to diagnose it, but again this charge would be waived if they were to do the repairs. At this point, we still assumed that the vehicle had an issue that could be repaired as we were not informed that there was a possibility the engine was so damaged that it would need to be replaced. At the end of the business day after five hours, we were informed that the oil pump had failed and as a result, the engine ceased. They said we would have to pay approximately $12,500 to repair. We were completely shocked that a vehicle that had a tune up and service done in June at VW service and an oil change 10 days prior at VW was now a paper weight as the manager described it. We were not about to pay $12,500 for an engine on a car that only had 50,504 miles on it. The dealership was not trying to help us in any way saying that there was nothing else they can do for us and they also would not settle on the diagnostic fee they charged us for $599, because they said we verbally agreed to it. We had to pay the bill and we had the car towed out of there on February 28th, 2013.

After looking at the description of what they found, they claimed that a bolt broke off causing the oil pump to fail and consequently causing the engine to cease. In the meantime, we had contacted Volkswagen advocacy. The day we were contacted with their final diagnosis, a representative Steve had told me that we did have a strong case being that the vehicle had been well maintained and was not far outside the warranty timeframe (however, we were no longer covered under a warranty because we were past 5 years, although we were nowhere near the 75,000 mile warranty limit). He said it did seem strange that we just had an oil change and ten days later, we would have an issue with the oil pump causing so much damage. He gave me a claim # and said that Regional Management would investigate and they would get back to us. The following day, we received a call and were told that there isn't much they can do, because it was a part malfunction that caused the oil pump to fail and we never bought an extended warranty so there was nothing they can do and this stuff happens.

They did offer assistance to put us in a new Volkswagen. But after our experience and scare, we do not feel it is safe to buy another Volkswagen vehicle. After doing some research, we have discovered that Volkswagen models between 2005-2007 seem to have this issue with a defective bolt that breaks, causing the oil pump to fail, and consequently causing engine failure. This does not seem acceptable on a vehicle with 50,504 miles on it. The company does not want to recognize the defect in the bolt and oil pump. This is a safety issue and a hefty financial burden. We are very disappointed and more so the fact that the company is not trying to assist financially with the repair. It seemed that they were more interested in getting us to buy a new Volkswagen rather than fixing the car.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2013

I bought a new 2003 VW Passat; rolled off the lot and within 5k miles, all the tires went bald. I spent several hundred to replace them. I took it in for alignment to two different dealerships; neither fixed the problem and they continued to bald. I have kept every receipt for every repair and I have a huge binder full of papers! I was on my way to a final in school when the car shut off on me abruptly. Luckily, I had enough speed to pull off the side of the freeway. Later, I was told it was the water pump. I replaced it at 65k miles. My car shut off at an intersection 5k miles later and I replaced the cooling system. I had the heat lamp show up on the freeway and replaced subsequent part after part after part.

The EPC light has come on, stayed on and then I was unable to start my car. I brought my car in to have the recall on the coils replaced, only to find out at another dealership that they were never done. So why did I bring it in the first time to get them replaced and have the dealership tell me they had replaced them (that's why you should always ask for the broken parts, have them in your hands so you can see them)? I can't tell you how scary it is to have your car just stop in major traffic or intersections. My car has been towed repeatedly back to the dealership. I have tried so many different dealerships in the San Diego area to no avail. I've even asked for specific technicians with the hope that more experienced ones would do better work. Still if it's not one thing, it's another.

One of the tiny bulbs in the interior went out, around the radio that turns it that pretty red. I was quoted $4.95 to replace the bulb and $110 for labor. Yay! My best advice is to take it to a trusted mechanic, not the dealership. Around 100k miles, I had a trusted friend who is a mechanic look at my car and replaced the timing belt. Since having him look and help replace items he thinks are necessary, I haven't had a problem. It ran for more than 5k miles without needing some sort of repair! I hate to say this, but I really think they mess with your car so that you have to come in for another service - especially if you're a woman. It's sad but the advisers and technicians know how to word things to scare you into replacing things you don't need, and how to rebate/certain parts by writing them a certain way on your service papers.

I don't and would never recommend this car to anyone. I too paid it off in the first year and really loved it. I couldn't believe this was my experience. It has been a nightmare. I have spent far more in repairs and parts than I ever thought. With that money, I would have bought a more expensive car to begin with than bother with this mess.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2013

VW of America has called me at least 4 times and is following our case on our 2006 Passat. The throttle part arrived yesterday, Jan. 7, and Armstrong VW is working on our car. I want to say how pleased I am with the follow up calls from Volkswagen of America. Hopefully, our car will be up and running soon.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2013

We have had our 2006 Passat in to the dealer 4 times to correct a parking brake that comes on when we are driving on the freeway. It grabs the car and you cannot release it. We have always done the scheduled maintenance at the VW dealer. A few weeks ago, the car lost power and we could not drive it. We had it towed over a week ago, January 2nd. Volkswagen claimed that it is the throttle valve. The part had to be ordered from Texas. The part was to arrive from Texas today, and guess what? It did not arrive! There also is an issue with the ABS brake light coming on. Also, they are not sure that the throttle valve will work and say the engine might have to be torn down. OMG!

We have been told by other VW representatives that VW should cover this as there are hundreds of complaints about this issue. In a year when we are buying a new car, we will not be buying a VW. We have had Passats in the past and they have been great, but the quality is lousy now.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2012

Lousy company, lousy service, lousy cars! - I bought my Passat 2008 in November 2009. From the first day, the car had 2 major problems: one was fixed by a VW dealership but the other one has remained since September 2011. Three VW dealerships could not fix it during my four visits. The problem occurs when I drive even over very shallow potholes or over small bumps during which there are unpleasant "gunshot sounds" from the brakes and they seem not to do their job well. VW dealerships' several service department managers and employees declared that it was "a common problem" with all Passats because "ABS was kicking in." To my question, as why other makes and models of numerous other companies, which have ABS do not have the same problem, VW employees had no answer.

I have contacted the VW Customer Care department who would always send me to new VW dealerships to "diagnose" the car, after which they declared that the car had no problem, but the problem persisted. I have written a complaint letter to VW American branch president, a copy of which I have sent to the Company's two Group Vice Presidents. As they say, "Voice in the Wilderness." I have sent a letter of complaint to BBB, to this ineffective and irrelevant company, according to which, "BBB could not do anything" as my car is in its third year of service, and not in its second year? After my ordeal with VW, I would sell my Passat and buy an Asian car. Contrary to my past experience, now I feel it is much better to give my money to Asian car manufacturers than to this lousy VW.

I also advise new customers: Stay away from VW and don't buy cars from this "company", which has lousy car service and lousy built cars. VW is a company, which has lost its former stellar car service and impeccable reputation. If my German-built car has such a problem, I am sure, then Chattanooga, TN-made cars will be much worse built as, unfortunately, US car manufacturers are the lousiest ones among all manufacturers by statistics. The best proof to what I said is the story of Jaguar and Land Rover cars and the near bankruptcy of the three US car manufacturers two-three years ago. One more time, stay away from VW and from its cars.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2012

I own a Volkswagen Passat model 2008 and I'm always doing the service in agency (Volkswagen service center) every 15,000 km as per vehicle service book or manual. I faced a problem recently that there is a message sign on board which says "engine low oil level/stop." I checked it by dipping a stick on the engine oil to check for oil level and found it less than the minimum level. I just had it serviced before 8,000 km so I still have 7,000 km. I contacted the service center and they told me what to do. Their answer was, "Just top up engine oil level until the time of doing service and this is normal engine oil consumption in VW cars." The point is the mileage is 114,000 km only, so why did this happen? I need an immediate solution.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2012

I never used the car (Passat TDI) last winter because it was so hard to start. This year, daughter needs it for after school job. I started looking into hard start problems because in 2009, glow plugs were done under warranty and I find a letter that the warranty plugs have been recalled for replacement, expiry date, Oct. 31. It's now Nov. 14 and they are saying "Too bad, it's 2 weeks over." They want a loyal fallowing and this is the way they treat customers. Ha ha, never again!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2012

2006 VW Passat - Since I have owned this car, I have spent more money in repairs than I care to even add up. I have had a new compressor, new bushings, carbon buildup, emissions failures etc., etc. I have religiously brought it to the dealership every 10,000 and did what VW has recommended. After 40,000, the repairs have been ridiculous. I have spent an average of $1,000 or more each 10,000 mile check because something else has gone wrong. And I only have 80,000 miles on it now. I have already been told that I will be looking at $1,200 next time because of what needs to be done. This is by far the worst car I have ever owned.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2012

My 2004 Passat is missing the wheel lock key. I have never needed it and did not know it was missing. I took it for tire rotation and the mechanic looked for it. After taking it elsewhere, I found out it was missing. I checked two dealerships only to find out the number five is discontinued. How absurd is it to discontinue this key. This is another money-making gimmick, I feel. What am I to do now? My tires were installed at a dealership. I was not told about the key at that time. My guess is they used it and never replaced it. I am very dissatisfied with this key no longer being used.

Original review: July 5, 2012

I am an owner of a 2006 Volkwagen Passat. The compressor went out. I decided to research this issue and have found thousands of complaints, blogs, etc. from consumers who have a 2006-2008 Passat whose compressor has gone out. This should be a recall and Volkswagen is cashing in on all the repairs. I am a single mom whose Passat is sitting at the repair shop because I cannot afford to fix a $1800 problem that Volkswagen should be assisting with. They have thousands of documented compressor problems and yet they refuse to admit any problems.

Original review: June 25, 2012

I purchased a new 2004 Volkswagen Passat in April of 2004 and have had hesitation problems (turbo lag) with this car from the beginning. I complained every time I brought it in for service with a VW dealer and they said nothing was wrong (As a matter of fact, when we contacted this dealer they said they only had one complaint in my file, they never documented my complaints.). In November of 2009, I brought it into a private mechanic for its 80,000 mile checkup and to replace the timing belt. When I got it back, it drove like it should have when I first bought it. I wrote numerous letters to VW and received no satisfaction. The final outcome is VW offered $1,500 off the purchase of a new VW. For 5 plus years the car hesitated, lunged into intersections, the brakes stopped working. It was an unsafe automobile. Has anyone else had this problem? Thank you.

Original review: June 18, 2012

Just saying, a brand new 2012 Passat 3.6 - the black paint looks like a skateboard. I think the dealer put it through an auto carwash several times. Not too bad when not in the sun, but when it’s in the sun. Also, 4K miles on it, the check engine light came on, the front suspension makes a noise as if it's an old mattress, the car radio quit on me thrice and there's something rattling in the front dashboard. Oh yes, and the screws that keep the back panel fastened to the chassis both "fell out".

Original review: May 9, 2012

Substantial amount of water leaked (coming from the moon roof) onto the passenger floorboards, causing problems with the computer harness for the transmission located on the passenger floor. This is a faulty and bad design. I have read the list of complaints online stating similar complaints. I need to know what VW will do to help.

Original review: May 2, 2012

I called three times to the operator, but they passed me to the service department and nobody picked up the call. I bought a Passat CC in January and the key is not working for me to lock the car. All I need is an appointment time to bring in my car to Volkswagen Glenmarie in Shah Alam.

Original review: April 18, 2012

I bought a brand new 2002 VW Passat and have spent so much money on fixing it. I kept the car because I paid it off and because I had spent so much money on mechanics and parts it's been unreal. Though consumer reports rated the car #1 years ago for safety, it's probably a very unsafe car. I've had all sorts of problems with the car from oil light warnings to main electronic board failures, oil pump outage, suspension, steering, overheating, temperature problems, you name it. The worst part is when I took it into the any VW dealer, they could not repair it. Of course now the car has over 100K miles. I've taken it to Toyota and other dealers to find they could repair but it's expensive. If I could have warned all of you before you bought the car, I would have.

Some of the worst mechanics are the VW mechanics. You are better off taking it to an Audi or even Honda or Toyota dealer. Save your money and get rid of the car. It's not worth the stress and money. Further, VW does not stand behind its product or service and they don't care. Go Hyundai or even Mazda. You'll be much happier with your car and probably be much safer in it.

Original review: April 16, 2012

2005 Passat TDI Wagon: Tensioner chain on oil pump broke. This was recalled in Europe but not in the US. They now make a gear driven pump to replace the chain drive. I replaced it with gear driven pump. It cost me right at $2,000.00 just for the parts. Reading online, this is a common problem on these cars from 75,000 to 150,000 miles on them. Should there be a factory recall?

Original review: April 15, 2012

I have a 2009 Passat with 30,000 miles on it. First of all, it is an expensive car to maintain and not worthy of the price we paid for it. Although, the salesman will continue telling you that it is "German Engineered", but Volkswagen can be piece of junk as any other cheap cars out there. Because of that, they sell the car with high jacked price tag. Adding the "German Engineered” as a sells pitch, the entire picture of a car becomes like if Germans are the best engineers on the planet and unable to make junk cars. It seems that Volkswagen makes these cars only to work up to 20,000 miles then the problem starts.

Volkswagen Passat is made of plastic, so I guess that’s one of the reasons for not being a good car anyway. After 20,000 miles, the entire plastic mounting inside the car starts making noises, then every other thing start falling apart. With 30,000 miles, the engine light starts coming on. This is not a first time. Latest is the engine light indicating EPC - Electronic Power Control. It slows the car down dangerously, when you drive on the freeway at 60-70 miles. Engine starts to die down rapidly, especially if you are in a left lane and tons of cars behind you. I wouldn't recommend Volkswagen at all and for no one.

Original review: March 8, 2012

I own a 2005 Volkswagen Passat 1.8. As with tons of other owners, I've had the oil pressure low / stop engine alarm. I took it to be checked. Easiest thing to eliminate is an electrical problem. Sensor replaced and pressure checked. It seemed okay for a while. Alarm comes back and locked up on me. Of course, as with other folks, VW will do nothing to help. Car had 103,000 miles. Apparently, that is the life expectancy of these cars. They are real ** if you ask me.

Volkswagen is not standing behind their products when there is an obvious problem that has been so well documented. I’m very unsatisfied with these cars and the company. I will never buy another nor recommend to another person. In fact, I will discourage anyone from buying one.

Original review: March 4, 2012

The heated passenger front seat was extremely hot and sparking with smoke in the cushion, when you pushed down on the seat. The hole in the seat was from the electrical short, I would assume. I had to put some water through the seat hole, to extinguish the smoke. Also, both back windows will not go down any longer. I have had the car for 1 year. I bought it from a car dealer, so there’s no extended warranty on it. I had the windows looked at, and was told the plastic part is broken, and the other window has some electrical problems. Each window costs $300 to repair.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2012

I purchased a VW Passat petrol car from Lally Motors India Pvt. Ltd. on 18.6.2010 in the name of my company M/S Sudsons Woollens (P) Ltd. The car bearing registration is no.PB10 CW 4501, chasis no.WVWC103C9AA000218.

To let you know, I am not satisfied with the performance of the car. The car had to be sent to dealership around 20 times in a time span of 20 months since its purchase. In the beginning during raining season, it had A/C problems, i.e. the wind screen used to be foggy, for that the car had to be left at the dealer twice for around three days.

Then it started consuming Mobil oil. The oil level went down the minimum level (did not touch the dipstick), without any indication glowing. I had to send the car to dealer for door noise a number of times, license plate light sometimes glowing and sometimes not glowing. A number of times, it was sent in for low coolant level. There was also a water pump leakage. I had to change the water pump.

Now, it is in workshop again since 12th Feb, 2012 due to a jerk while driving on a turn and the clutch pedal stopped working. After 3-4 pushups, it worked again and the car was sent to workshop and clutch plate problem was reported. The car is still in the workshop.

During all this period the staff looking after at the workshop could not satisfy me with performance of the car. I had a word over the phone with the director of the dealership (Mr. Lally) and wanted an appointment. Also, I wanted an appointment through SMS to discuss about the performance of the car but never got an appointment. Even I was assured an appointment by the Service Manager of the dealer with the Area Manager Mr. Vishal from Bombay but until this time, no appointment fixed.

I have doubts about the car sold to me and I would like to have the details of the car i.e. when the car was manufactured, when sent to dealer and when it was sold to me. Also, I would prefer an appointment with a responsible person of the dealership that could satisfy.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2012

My 2000 VW Passat's ignition coils are extremely faulty and is making my car shake really bad. It sputters and has no power at all.

Volkswagen Passat Company Information