2. Automotive
  3. Car Buying Sites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.48/5

Vroom is an online car buying site specializing in low-mileage, preowned cars, most under 3 years old, similar to certified pre-owned vehicles. Vroom vehicles come from private sellers, dealers and auctions, and they undergo several inspections to ensure they are safe and ready to sell. Every Vroom vehicle comes with a limited warranty.

Vroom is available in all 50 states; however, delivery is not available for Alaska or Hawaii. Vroom has about 3,000 to 4,000 vehicles on their website. Each of the vehicles comes with a CarFax vehicle history report and Vroom never sells vehicles that have been involved in accidents. Vroom is trying to model themselves as the Amazon of online car buying sites, with clear prices, easy customer experience, and a complimentary 90-day limited warranty with 1-year roadside assistance.

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Find a Dealer Near You

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Find a Dealer Near You

Vroom Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vroom?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vroom?

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

From day one I was lied to about paperwork process, timeframe, and delivery date. Once I sent my down payment Vroom completely stopped contact. I reached out multiple times, and spoke with multiple people. Nobody seems to know what is going on with the purchase of my car, nobody can answer my questions, I’ve been put on hold & disconnected numerous times. The sales person stated in the beginning I would have my vehicle within a few days, it is now going on 4 weeks, and I still have NO delivery date. Extremely bad business! Do yourself a favor and buy local. Save yourself from the nightmare of buying from Vroom online....

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

I purchased a 2017 Lincoln MKZ with 10,000 miles through Vroom in November 2020. Very attentive salesman until I paid them. Once I sent the cashier's check I had to call multiple times to check on the delivery status. Eventually they called stating that the car would be at my house in 3 hours. This was not the date that I was told to expect delivery so it was a good thing I was home to receive the car. On day 8 (one day outside of the return period) the car wouldn't start. I've taken it to a local Lincoln dealer and the battery has a bad cell. This tells me Vroom didn't run a full inspection when they received the car and before they offered it for sale. I assumed the bad battery would be covered under the limited warranty but it wasn't. Similar to other reviewers' experiences, Vroom seems like the worst parts of buying a used car. Buyer beware.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

I am involved in trying to sell my car to Vroom. I could have traded it in but was getting a slightly better deal at Vroom and Carvana. I decided to go with Vroom as I wanted a no-touch pick-up due to COVID restrictions. They made an offer which I accepted and sent them my car title within 3 days as advised. I never got a response after that. It's been 2 weeks since they got the car title. I have called them multiple times and no one knows what's going on!!! I keep getting transferred from person to person. I was told that my case has been moved to the pick-up guys. I call again in 5 days and again get transferred to 3 different persons who don't know what's going on!!!

I only hope I am not getting scammed! If I had not already sent my car title to them, I would not be dealing with them.. I cannot imagine being in business with such a sloppy attitude towards customer relations! God help whoever ends up buying a car from them! Just trying to sell them a car has been a nightmare and I am not even sure if it will be resolved!! I need to figure out how to and whom to complain so as to get some response back!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

I purchased and received my vehicle from Vroom in April 2020 and have not been happy with any part of the process and truly wish I'd never done business with them. First, the vehicle was obviously never inspected prior to being sold--I discovered only after one day of having the car in my possession, that the battery was nearly dead and had to be replaced; the front windshield leaked directly on me while in a car wash the day after receiving it since I received a filthy vehicle; and one of the tires had been poorly patched up from the inside and was losing air.

I had to leave the car at the dealership for a week the day after receiving it. I've driven the car approximately 2,500 miles since receiving it, and took it for routine service a few days ago and found out that the rotors are all rusted and will need to be replaced for $2,100! It is now December 2020, and I still have yet to receive a title or registration for my car and I am now being told that they cannot get another temp tag for me. I am livid and will be talking to an attorney about this.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

Purchased a car with Vroom because I wanted a specific model and they had it. The delivery of my car repetitively got delayed, it is now estimated to arrive a week past the original delivery date and I'm not holding my breath that it will actually be here. Customer support has not answered a single email I have sent them. I am extremely frustrated with this process and this company. In addition they insist they "have to" register your car for you so I can't choose my own plates. A small thing but again, annoying and disappointing. I will NEVER use Vroom again and do not recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

BUYER BEWARE. The vehicle I received was exactly as described HOWEVER the process to confirm delivery, receive the appropriate paperwork, and register the vehicle is atrocious. Once the vehicle is in contract your "point of contact" will no longer answer the phone. ALL services aside from going into contract with the vehicle are outsourced to multiple 3rd parties and they're ill equipped to handle basic requests. I am now on MONTH 2+ of waiting on my license plates and registering my vehicle after several unsuccessful attempts at providing the VIN Verification and other documents.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

Vroom said they would buy my car. We agreed to a price. They took the car AND NEVER PAID me for the car. When you take a car without paying for it, that's theft. IT'S BEEN A MONTH since they've had the car and still no payment and because I am responsible for the car loan, I have to keep paying the monthly payments. I have TRIED and TRIED and TRIED to get them to pay for the car. I've asked nicely, not nicely, I've emailed, I've called. No matter what I do, I can't get them to stick to the agreement. Unfortunately now I've been advanced to spend money to hire an attorney. I recommend STAYING AWAY from Vroom.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2020

I REPEAT I WOULD GIVE NO STARS IF POSSIBLE. FOR 7 + weeks I have gone back and forth with the selling of my 2020 GMC Sierra Denali with ONLY 700 miles. They do not have any customer service. They pass you off from 1 to the other and nobody knows any different from the last. They make you document sign the same agreement 3 times. Never come to pick up your vehicle till 3-4 weeks later when they say in about 2-3 DAYS, THEN YOU HAVE TO CALL 20 more times not exaggerating for them to pick up your vehicle, then you have to call 20 more times to people who don’t know nothing and never pay for your vehicle.

We had to make another monthly payment because Vroom doesn't do anything they say they are doing. Beware. Do not sell your vehicle to them. You will I repeat you will get the run around. Go to Carvana. At least they pay on the spot & no headaches. Read the reviews and please please beware. Horrible company to deal with. I am on hold with 3 person for today. You will lose money. They dont pay your vehicle and you accumulate daily costs. Beware.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2020

I purchased a 2019 vehicle with 15k miles. All was good until the day before the scheduled delivery. I was told the driver would contact me 24 hours prior to scheduled delivery. It never happened. On the delivery day they couldn't contact the driver. I waited all day, but no car. Finally, I was told to expect delivery early the next day. Finally, I got the car late afternoon. Wasted 2 days.

Upon inspection I found undisclosed minor damage and the a/c wasted working. I decided I wanted to return the car. After countless calls, transfers and holds I spoke to several overtly friendly but incapable customer service people, none of whom had the capacity to help me. Finally four days later I spoke with someone who explained a complicated return process that made me fear I wouldn't get my money for some time.

I brought the car to the local Dodge dealer and the a/c repair was completed under warranty. I decided to accept the damage. While at the dealership the service advisor told me this was the second Vroom vehicle they serviced this week that had been delivered with an issue. Read the other reviews. There's a pattern. Save yourself some aggravation, don't buy from Vroom.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2020

Complaint to Vroom: See the below picture of the 2018 Acura MDX **. I contacted you immediately after it was delivered yesterday to return this vehicle due to the following reasons: All tires bad below 4/32 and balding on the side of tires due to either low tire pressure or bad alignment. All wheels curb scuffed. The Vehicle arrived dirty both inside and out with stains on seats, headliner, etc. Dog hairs present on carpet and seats. Dog bites and or toenails indentations on top of doors where dogs would hang out. Check engine light on. Low tire pressure and or sensor warning on. Scratches on several locations of the vehicle. Dent in the back quarter panel behind the rear right side wheel.

Loren, my salesperson told me he read the notes and this vehicle comes with a spare key which it did not, only one key fob delivered. Key fob cost 500.00 to replace. The Vehicle has a continuous amount of smoke from exhaust while running. This vehicle came from Manheim Auction, 145 Auction Lane, Stateville, NC. I called and talked to a lady there and she told me it was delivered from another auction house and all they did was change the oil and basic wash to take pictures.

My wife and I are so disappointed in Vroom. I read all the bad reviews but was assured that we would receive a great vehicle with no issues. We were misled and this wasted our time and money to purchase and trade ours in. We are hereby requesting the money wired back to our bank that we took out a loan immediately! A stop and desist be placed on our trade, 2017 Mazda CX5 since it has not been picked up yet. I want all delivery fees and down payment returned to me ASAP since the vehicle was misrepresented.

I am requesting an additional 250.00 from Vroom for wasting our time, traveling back and forth to the bank, Fedex, Bank Wire Fees, etc. This is a fair request since Vroom was not honest with us and not in good faith. Update: We were finally reimbursed a week after vehicle was picked up minus my 250.00 request for wasted time. Vroom has been revoked from the BBB so beware this company continues to fail, stocks are decreasing because of poor service and faulty vehicles.

Vroom Company Information