2. Automotive

Volvo

Volvo
Get Pricing
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.04/5

Volvo Penta is a world-leading supplier of engines and complete power systems for both marine and industrial applications. We strive to give our customers the right product, with the right qualities.

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You
        Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Volvo Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Volvo?
        How do I know I can trust these reviews about Volvo Penta?

Original review: Feb. 14, 2012

There was a gas odor coming from the car. I looked underneath, and the smell was very strong by the tank. I took it in to the local mechanic. A recall was made on the fuel pump starting in January 2010 for Volvo XC70's that had less than 150k miles on it. My XC70 had 158K miles on it. I can't afford the cost of replacing the pump. That means for those people who cannot afford to replace the fuel pump will have to drive it around. The 150K is a ridiculous cap on the recall. The car is from 2004, why wouldn't it have over 150K and still be on the road? Volvo advertises and charges for "safety and quality". Neither the safety or quality service is proven with Volvo, if they allow leaky fuel pumps to be on the roads. One of these defective fuel pumps is going to blow up when it comes in contact with any kind of spark.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2012

My 2006 S40 was okay, until about 2009, when we started having water appear in the passenger side footwell, when it rained. I was told by the dealer that it was a known problem, with a service bulletin available from Volvo, that said it was a design problem. All Volvos since 2001, that have a sun roof, have the same issue. I was told that since the car was no longer on warranty, "too bad, it was not covered". They wanted $1,700 to fix it, and told me other than having water in the footwell, it would not cause other problems.

In December, 2011, the car completely died. The problem was that one of the computers (under the dash on the passenger side) was ruined, due to being wet. It cost me over $1,000 to get the computer replaced, and the repairman said that the other computers (in the same location) were also showing signs of corrosion, and damages due to the water. He also said that, in his opinion, the car was not trustworthy. It could be okay for years, or die at any time.

In summary, a known design flaw that showed up after the warranty period, caused my Volvo to be a car I cannot trust, and therefore, I have decided that I will sell the car, never buy another Volvo, and tell everyone I can, not to buy a Volvo.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2012

My transfer case cracked in half and had to be replaced for $2,600. My car is a 2005 XC 70 wagon with 84,000 miles on it. The transfer case should not crack in half. I was driving and could have been seriously injured because my car just suddenly stopped and would not go forward. Luckily, I had slowed down and was coming off a ramp from the highway. Seconds before, I was traveling at 65 miles per hr on the highway. I would like to be compensated for the cost of replacing the transfer case.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2012

I have a 2008 Volvo Wagon with 65k miles. ABS brake regulator is bad. Cost to fix is $1800. This should not happen with such low mileage. Two months ago rear electric window motor had to be replaced. I have always serviced car at dealer but now it’s getting to costly to keep.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2012

I have a 2005 XC90. I have had a rubbing noise coming from my car from the last two years. I have brought it to the attention of the dealer, who says it can't be replicated. But every time I sit in the drivers seat, I hear it. In fact, passengers have complained about it. Only the dealer can't hear it. This is when I had a warranty on it including an extended warranty. Today, the dealer can replicate it and they hear it loud and clear. But alas, my car now is out of warranty. Herb Gordon Volvo says it is my angle gear and wanted $3k+ to fix it, used part at $1.7k + labor. I found a used angle gear with 37k miles in a salvage yard and put it in, but the sound is still there.

Then they blamed my after market brakes which I put on well after these complaints started. I also had issues with loss of power especially when driving during cold weather. Then now radio is dead, no lights or sound coming from it. Dealer says $1.2k to replace the ICM. I got another ICM from a salvage yard and it does not work either. I have friend who has a similar XC90 with same radio type, that does not work either. But my ICM works on his. I can't understand Volvo. What used to be a very reliable car with a safety record has turned into a safe car that is impossible to maintain. Problem might be with these dealers. In my opinion, if the dealer had diagnosed it right when it was under warranty, I wouldn't have this problem now. Volvo, you need to rethink your strategy. As far as I know, this is my last Volvo.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2012

At night, engine quit at cruise speed. Pulled off the road and observed smoke coming from seams of hood. Shortly, thereafter engine compartment burst into flames and engulfed front end of car with flames over twice the height of vehicle. Hood burned up and several engine parts melted. Fire ball continued for over 30 minutes until fire truck arrived and put it out.

2000 S-80 132,000 miles. Total loss. Contacted Volvo of America safety person voice mail but they never got back to me. Lucky to get out without injury and will need to go through process of buying a replacement car at greater expense than insurance proceeds.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2012

I took my car to the Volvo service department on January 2, 2012 because the "Transmission Service Urgent" message just came on. I have a 2003 Volvo S80 T6. The service department told me there are "internal fault errors in the transmission and I have three options. I could either buy a new one for $5,000, buy a used one for $3,000 - $4,000 or get it overhauled for approximately $3,000." I was really upset to hear this news. I told them, "There is absolutely no reason why I should need a new transmission with 139,000 miles on my car," (the car actually was close to having 140,000 miles) but it still should not need this type of repair, in my opinion. I filed a complaint with Volvo Customer Relations department at headquarters.

This is what my complaint said to Volvo Customer Relations: "I have a complaint about the transmission in my car. The "Transmission Service Urgent" message just came on. The service department told me there are "internal fault errors in the transmission" and I could either buy a new one, buy a used one

or get it overhauled." The repair cost will be $3,000. This is ridiculous. There is absolute no way I should need a transmission at 139,000. This is one of many repairs I have had. The other crazy repair was the dashboard electrical system went completely out. I could not tell how fast I was driving, etc. That repair cost was $1,700. The transmission problem was the last straw. I want something done by Volvo. I am really an unhappy customer. This was my first Volvo and my last Volvo.

These are the responses I received from Volvo Customer Relation at the corporate office:

Response #1 from Volvo: "Thank you for contacting Volvo Cars of North America. When you contacted our offices, a file was opened for review on your behalf to seek financial assistance for transmission repairs. Your request has been reviewed by a Volvo Regional Manager and we regret that we are not in a position to honor your request due to the vehicle being outside of the terms of your warranty. Thank you for the opportunity to respond."

Response #2 from Volvo: "We have taken your concerns seriously and have had it reviewed by our Volvo Regional Representative. He has made the determination that this is not a warranty issue. While we regret that you may disagree with our decision; we respect your choice to pursue this matter as you see fit. Volvo Cars of North America appreciates the opportunity to respond to your concerns but is unable to review this matter any further."

My final thoughts--I will never buy another Volvo car.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2011

I have 2010 XC60-T6 with 20,000 miles. On Sunday Dec.18, the battery died. Next day, I had to go to work. I called Volvo Roadside Assistance and booked the towing to dealership on Monday at the earliest time, the dealership service center opens at 7am. On Monday, Dec.19 at 6 am, Roadside Assistance representative Lorain woke me up and said that my car has to be towed at 7:30am and I have to receive a conformation call at 7am. Nothing happened until 8am. I called to Roadside Assistance, spoke with manager Wendy. I was told, that towing is scheduled at 9 am.

At 9 am, I called to Roadside Assistance again. Supervisor Lolita said that towing is scheduled at 10 am, which got me very upset but she said nothing she can do now. To be honest, Lolita called back in a few minutes and said, that she spoke with the towing company and they are going to pick me up in 10-15 minutes, and my lost wages, if so, can be compensated by their Costumer Service.

Finally, the towing track came at 10:30 am, 4-5 hours after the first call from Volvo Roadside Assistance. My car was delivered to Bay Ridge Volvo at 11 am, it took 1-5 hours to diagnose and replace the battery. At dealership I was told, that they do not provide a replacement car during the warranty work if my car bought at the other dealership. Finally, I lost a half of my working day, which cost me $150. It could not happen if my day before scheduled towing came on time. In a few days, I received a letter with tons of apologizes. I called to Customer Service and was told by the Customer Service Specialist Tim **, that they do not compensate lost wages.

That is my opinion, Volvo Customer Service, Volvo Roadside Assistance provide very bad service. Representatives give to customers wrong and false information, which can cost them money. I already had a few other issues with Volvo services (I never had anything with my Audi and Volkswagens), and I believe, this is my first and last Volvo.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2011

I own a 2000 Volvo S80 T6 that had to have a used transmission installed. $2600 after labor. Then my water pump started spraying out water which will be a $1000. The wiring is so complicated. My running light blinks work off and on. My headlights leak water. The sun roof will stop working occasionally. The leather wears quickly. The trunk button stopped working. It dents easy for a Volvo and the CD player screen looks like the first computer screen ever made. Other than that, for 260000 miles, even after the temp redlining, the engine’s been holding steady and the twin turbo makes it a fun ride in comfort and style.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2011

My 2004 XC90 stalled at least 4 times in December 2010 as I was traveling to Lawton, Oklahoma. Just out of nowhere, everything electrical went out or blank. Then it drove like nothing was wrong. I had never had anything like this to happen since purchasing the SUV in August 2008 with 30,000 miles on it. Then in August 2011, it did the same thing. This time, I was on a very dark road trying to get home.

No warning at all, I had to coast to my house. I immediately made an appointment with the Volvo Dealer in Georgetown to have it serviced, but they told my son they didn't find anything wrong but found other things wrong: Motor mount, which I had already replaced a little over a year before, something on the passenger side that was causing the tire to wear. I had already replaced the tires not even 2 years before. Windshield wipers, rear shocks and latch for the fuel lock broken.

Then again on December 26, 2011, my son was driving on Interstate 35 and then it stalled 11 times. It went from 70 miles to 40 miles without any warning. Can you imagine coasting on a highway for over an hour or two! He just wanted to get it home but drove in the right lane the entire time with cars flying by him! Now, it has "SRS Airbag Service Urgent" message displayed. I am scared to drive it or let my son drive it for fear this will happen again and we will not be as lucky. I have contacted the dealer to which I was told to bring it right in or have it towed. I have been reading all of these complaint and I must say it has ruined my day. This was the last car that I planned to purchase but with all of these issues, I will have no choice but to trade this thing in. My only concern is that someone else will be getting this piece of junk. I own 2 Volvos and have always loved them for their safety!

I also had to replace the bearing on the rear in March 2010 after having a Volvo Dealership tell me that nothing was wrong, the car is just getting older but they never even drove it! I was told that the bearings could have come off and cause an accident. My life and those riding with me at risk! I will never buy another Volvo as long as I live. Guess all good things have to come to an end. Something has to be done about this!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2011

At random intervals while driving my Volvo XC90, I heard a loud thumping noise coming from under the hood. Immediately after, the windshield vipers turn on, the 'brake' message gets displayed on the dashboard, then the dashboard becomes blank and I lose power. I am able to restart my car after a few minutes, but my trip computer displays fewer trip miles than before and the clock is blank. Whenever I experience this incident, it is never isolated but it occur a couple of times. But when I let the car rest overnight, the symptoms disappear. These issues generally occur on trips that are 4 to 5 hours or more in duration. Once in a while, it occurs on shorter trips of 1 hour. Once the incident is over, I see the following message on the dashboard "SRS Airbag Service, Urgent'. This issue has baffled two Volvo dealers in two different states and is currently with a 3rd dealer in a different state.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2011

My 2004 Volvo S60 AWD has transmission problems. I had replaced the throttle body for $960.00. Now it needs valve body for $1200.00. Even though the throttle body was recalled through class action lawsuit, Volvo says my car wasn't part of the recall campaign. The mileage is currently 123,000. Recently, I replaced the motor mounts, serpentine belt, timing belt, and water pump.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2011

Ignition was locked on a Volvo 2004 XC90. The key is unable to turn to the drive position.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2011

C70 2006 Volvo (84K). I started having electrical problems in 2009 and I replaced battery and alternator. The service manager at the dealership said it’s due to faulty wiring and short in illuminated sun visor. I replaced both sun visors (expensive for a small piece of plastic) and the dead battery problem continued. I took it to the dealer again and am told it needs new alternator (again) and a new battery that is two years old. I could afford a car when we bought it new for cash. I can't afford it now with all the rip off repair bills. The new company Volvo will never make it ** the consumer the way they do. No more Volvo's for me or my family—they stink. Volvo loses a customer.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2011

The dealership replaced my transmission. When I got the vehicle back the disc player would not work. Took it to an Independent who said the disc changer was broken. Volvo said it was just one of those things. $850 to replace it. This is a 2004 XC90 T6. 74,000 miles. My second Volvo. Independent also said that the transmission shift lever is right below the disc changer.

What happened to my disc changer? Could it have been damaged when the transmission was replaced? Can't get the CD's out and can't play them. Radio still works fine. Advise!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2011

I am a Volvo person. I have been driving (only 240's and 940') Volvos for the last 24 years, including my immediate family. We have 9 Volvos in use. They were the best designed cars on the face of the planet. But, that ended in the year of 1995 when they stopped producing the 8 valve 4 cylinder 2.3 engines with rear wheel drive (the 240 models,stopped in 1993) models. Since the front wheel car were produced from 1994 until today, the great Volvo is no longer a Volvo. It is a perfectly designed disaster mechanically and electronically. How I know this? I am an expert in Volvo cars since in the 1980's and I know every model that is on the market today. To me, they are Volvos. I personally wouldn't think of driving one, period.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2011

My first 2012 S60 T5 exhibited slipping transmission and abrupt downshifts at about 5500 miles. I spent countless hours with regional Volvo After Sales Reps and Volvo Techs. They finally tossed in the towel and agreed to replace the vehicle.

New replacement vehicle, 1400 miles, transmission is not slipping. However, when in sports mode coming to a very slow rolling stop or pulling in to a parking spot will jump. The first time it happened I was like uh oh, better get the insurance card out, it felt like I hit someone. I'm really curious for other drivers out there to test this and see if they get the same thing.

The above in combination with having all four tires road force balanced discovered 3 out of 4 OEM tires with flat spots The dealer replaced the entire set of 4, and road force balanced them, I still have a vibration issue at about 66 to 78ish. Volvo Customer Care is comical and they state no further warranty action will be offered.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2011

I purchased a 2001 C70 Volvo with 110,000 miles three months ago. The car ran like a dream. I checked the Carfax. It has perfect maintenance records. Two weeks later, the transmission between 2nd and 3rd started kicking. I took it to a Volvo dealership and couldn't find the problem, because it's so sporadic and nothing showed up on the computer.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2011

Hey guys, listen up....this guys got the right idea. Let the people know and judge it. No rights or wrongs. Check the website. I don't know the dealer, but they've screwed-up big time! **

Original review: Nov. 7, 2011

Volvo of Edison is the last place to buy service for your vehicle. Once you are past your extended warranty, they push you aside. The lack of compassion in this economic time is unreal. My 2004 XC90 went there for an oil change on Sep 23 and then returned on Oct 15 for additional repairs. On October 31, the engine was blown from lack of oil. They are taking no responsibility for the damage. I am a single parent and the car was my only transportation to work. They also own two more dealerships.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2011

2004 Volvo XC90 with 89,000 miles and an engine blown. Dealer says I need new one that costs between $11,000-$14,000 for engine and turbo. The car is maintained well. Volvo will not replace. It seems there were a lot of issues with the 2004 XC90 and Volvo should have made it right for consumers, especially given the cost of such a high end "luxury car". I’m extremely disappointed.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2011

I bought my Volvo XC90 in 3/11. Before I purchased the vehicle, I requested the CarFax. I noted that it stated that the transmission was replaced in 5/09 by a Volvo dealership. I felt secure knowing the history of the car. I was hit by a drunk driver and he totaled my car. After the accident, I needed a car that would make me feel safe. That is important, I was afraid to drive after the accident. Also, 2 weeks before my accident, my daughter-in-law was killed in a car accident and left me with my 3 grandchildren. The purchase of this car was to assist me with safely transporting my grandchildren to their different events. I like the fact that it has a 3rd set of seats for the little ones.

But I was very sad when the transmission light came on and the car started weaving. After researching on the internet, I found out that what happened to me was not unusual, that many people have been complaining about the same thing. Volvo XC90s from 2003-2005 have an increase incident of transmission failures. I called Volvo of North America and they told me to call a dealership near me. I did and the (Steve) manager of service at Superior Volvo in Missouri said that he would call the regional manager to see if they would do a goodwill repair/replacement since the transmission was just replaced 2 years ago. Steve (manager of service) called me back and said that they could not do a goodwill replacement at this time.

I called Volvo of North America back and explained to them what the regional manager had said, that they would not replace the transmission at their expense. The lady at customer service for Volvo of North America said, after contacting (Steve) the service manager, that since the warranty is out, they are not responsible. So I guess if I replace the transmission, I should only expect for the transmission to last for 2 years. Why would I replace it if it is only going to last for 2 years or less? I worked hard to save for this car. I paid cash for this car, no financing, nothing. I thought I was buying a car that me and my grandbabies would feel safe in.

I have contacted the Federal Trade Commission and have a reference number if you need it. I have also contacted the consumer protection division of my state. I don't think it is fair to ask me to pay for a part that is defective and the company had always known about this problem. Where is the fairness? Someone told me to sell it to someone else and get my money back. I can't do that. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2011

I visited Volvo of Dallas who I called several times over a 1 year period and asked about the recalls since my car has been dying when I make sharper turns and it acts like it's going to flood out while accelerating. I have 2 small children and I would bet I have the most "unsafe" vehicle on the road. After I paid the dealership, they kept my car for a week with no diagnosis and wanted me to pay another 300 to keep it another week.

I bought my car in late 2005 and it's a 2004 v70 with 1100 miles at the time. It has about 92k miles now and the plastic part of the door is peeling off, the stirring wheel has melted over the years and the most important issues are the safety issues I mentioned above. I used to love Volvo and I would not recommend a Volvo to my worst enemy today. I am going to pay thousands of dollars to replace my CAT converter and I've always changed my oil and had tune ups. I am disappointed in the service as well as the product.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2011

I bought a used Volvo XC90 2004 with 45,000 miles on it. Shortly after purchasing it, I had to replace a leaking fuel pump and power steering pump. Volvo recalled the fuel pump, so they reimbursed me for that part.

Half of the lights on the radio panel are out, the shifter knob broke, the passenger seat has had to be re-sewn twice, the leather on all seats cracks in spite of using good conditioners, the head liner is lifting off, and now, the gas cap isn't keeping its seal and has to be replaced.

I've owned Volvos for the last 20 years and I've had several models. This one is definitely not the Volvo of yesteryear. I've also noticed the car gets dents and the paint chips easily. Every trip to a parking lot seems to leave its mark. These cars used to be hard to put a ding in.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2011

I bought a pre-owned Volvo S80 for my son for $6,000 with 83k miles on it to see him through college thinking that he'll be safe in that car. We are required to smog our cars every other year so I had work done on it. However, it would not pass the inspection. Well, that turned out to be a nightmare and a loss of more dollars. So, I sold the junk for $2,300 and let the buyer know what problems we had. We have decided to stick with Toyota's and Honda's excellent vehicles with none to minor problems, purchased new or used.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2011

I bought a 2005 S60 in January of 2008. It was a leased vehicle that my friend had and we went through the dealer to buy it. We paid for the certified used car warranty. Under the warranty, ball joints had to be replaced and we had no other problems with it.

It now has 120,000 miles on it and now all kinds of things are going wrong. My husband replaced the rear bearings this year and the fuel pump went recently. After he replaced the fuel pump, the car would not stay running and we had to have it towed. The pump electronic module was found to be bad. The original design had it mounted under the car where it is exposed to the elements, and guess what, it corroded and needed replacement.

Volvo issued an update (should have been recall) and relocated it inside the spare tire well. Car still would not run. Diagnostics have traced it to the ECM. This bill is now up to $4,000.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2011

Our Volvo has been in the shop for endless warranty repairs. Now, our warranty has expired. Each time we travel to Ithaca, NY to have the car repaired, it costs us $64.00 in fuel costs as we have to leave the car there a day or two and it requires two trips with two vehicles to accomplish this. Is this just a financial burden we have to accept?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2011

I have purchased an FH12-480 Truck from Saipa Diesel company in Iran, from one of its representation. Before purchase, they gave me some details of purchase and condition of payment, about insurance and other conditions. But they didn't act on their promise, because the representation lied to me about the condition just to motivate me to purchase. When this issue was forwarded to Saipa Diesel missioners (or officer), they don't have any action for my problem.

When I went to get the delivery Truck, I saw that more customers of Volvo trucks are dissatisfied with the Sale Center of Saipa Diesel Corporate. I am an M.A. Marketing student in Iran and I think this matter hits a big negative impact to the perception of Iranian customers of Volvo. Now I prefer to buy Volvo trucks from out of your representation or to just buy other brands. Please review this issue and I suggest that you change your representation or the management with yourself, or have a strong monitoring from your corporate.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2011

We have a doomed Volvo truck and we are helpless. So the only thing I can do is beg for help.

We purchased a truck last year from TEC Portland with a brand new trailer. The truck price was $80,000.00 and the trailer was $70,000.00. We gave $15,000.00 as a down payment and we paid $13,000.00 for the registration and other regular fees for the business.

On our first trip, we had an issue with coolant leak. This issue went on for a long time until we got a big service done that cost us not only a lot of money but also a lot of down time. After that, we added up all the down time on the truck and it was more than a month, just on the first six months after purchase.

We signed up for a roadside assistance for trucks and we got expelled for excess use of services, it's a shame! Every time we have an issue, we are not able to get it fixed fast, the dealers are always full of service (I wonder why) and they never got parts on stock—a mess.

Now we are down again for almost ten days and this is my recent nightmare:

I just want to share everything that is happening now so someone can at least feel the pain that we are going through again.

August 6: The truck broke down so I called Volvo Action. The agent asked several questions and said that we needed a tow truck. Case #: 3256917. We got a tow truck but they said they couldn't tow the truck and trailer together because the back axle was compromised. We had to hire a tow truck for the truck and another tow truck for the trailer. TEC La Mirada was closed for renovation and TEC Fontana is almost 100 miles away from the site.

August 8: The truck arrived at TEC Fontana. First, I was told it was only a wheel seal and I got a $2,479.65 invoice from TEC.

August 9: I got a different invoice for $7,597.57 (including $1,750 tow bill that was originally $1,340).

August 10: I authorized the repair and requested a credit account.

August 11: I completed the form sent by Tracy at the Finance Department.

August 12: I got an email from Tracy requesting the second page from the credit application signed. Then she realized that she just sent me the first page. I signed the second page and sent it to her.

August 12: At 7 p.m. Florida Time, I got a call requesting $3,300 in advance for the subcontractor that will do the axle repair. I explained that I needed to wire the money, but we are in Florida so we couldn't do it.

August 15: I made the payment they requested.

And today, August 18, I was told that the subcontractor is not there yet!

It's been almost ten days and not only I am paying almost $8,000 to have this great truck repaired, I am also paying $60 a day of storage for the trailer and $68 a day for hotel to the driver (who just gave me a deadline until Friday to get the truck fixed, otherwise he will quit).

So my loss, so far, is almost $10,000, not mentioning that I paid the truck on the first and wasn't able to do a single trip this month. I would like to know if we are the only lucky ones that deal with those issues because, honestly, I am getting to my limit. And I don't think anyone wants to see me below my limit.

Tom from TEC Fontana was very helpful in the beginning but now, every time I call is a different story, sad story, of course. And I don't know why they requested money in advance if nobody is there to do the job!

This is a shame to Volvo. And what upsets me the most is that every time something like this happens, it's like we are the only ones who go through this. While my driver is there, he spoke to three other owner operators who wish they never had this garbage called Volvo Truck.

We share the office with four different companies—four different trucks—and this is the newest and the most expensive truck. And guess what? The 1996 Freightliner that cost $20K is still up and running. Excuse my language, but I cannot think of any other names than garbage. Actually, I can, but I am lady and I won't go that low.

I know you are not the owner of Volvo, but if I have to hear my customers, my boss and my driver complaining, someone needs to hear me too. I am going online now and doing a complaint in every single website I know to let people know about this mess. I have no choice, since I have no money to hire an attorney, sue TEC or sue Volvo. And I know that Volvo is well prepared for this—they should be—because with so many issues and so much money down the drain, I guess someone on this story is making money. And I am sure it's not me! I will look for help everywhere until someone can help us: newspaper, Facebook, blogs, Twitter, church, everywhere. I swear!

I would like to congratulate Volvo for taking another honest person out of business because truck payments were always on time though we could never count on this truck. And it’s funny because we purchased the truck from TEC Portland, we are being fixed at TEC Fontana and the finance department can't approve us for a $4,000.00 net pay. It's ridiculous! We are never late for a single day with our payments but it's not enough to get us approved. This has to be joke.

I have the receipts for all the repairs done at Volvo dealers and all tow bills for this junk. Now I ask, is there anyone that can help me replace, return, burn this piece of garbage? Maybe someone reading this will have the decency to call us and try to help. I tried to talk to our salesman Duane a couple of months ago and he offered us a great deal of returning the truck plus more money down and increase of monthly payments for an older Freightliner! Isn't that great?!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2011

I have a Volvo XC90 T6 AWD 2002. It sucks. I've had nothing but problems with it since the day I bought it. Unfortunately, I can not afford to get rid of it.

I'm scared every time I drive it and pray that I'll get where I'm going safely. I've spent thousands of dollars on repairs at the dealer. Thank God I bought the extended warranty, not once but twice. I replaced the transmission at 75k miles. New tires are worn out at 25k miles. It goes through brakes like toilet paper. I've replaced rotors, drums, motor mounts (twice). The dashboard/radio area gets incredibly hot (so hot to touch it almost burns your fingers). It heated up my cell phone so much in the little stash area that my phone quit working. It's a wonder it doesn't burst into flames.

I have had so many problems with it I can not even count them all. I take it to the same dealer so he can print out a record of all of the repairs. Every time I go there, it cost me a fortune. One time it was nearly $5000 and that was with the warranty payments. I just spent another $1200 on it. Now, driving here in the rain, it started making this high-pitched shrill noise like you wouldn't believe. It's done that before so I think it must have something to do with the traction control.

Anyone else had that shrill sound with traction control in rain or snow? I would like to have a class action lawsuit and at least get Volvo to give me what I owe on it so I can go get something else.

Volvo Company Information