3.2/5 (1865 ratings)
Get Pricing on Rydeshopper

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

About Volkswagen

Volkswagen is a German car manufacturer of sedans, SUVs, wagons, convertibles and compact cars. Read reviews for their models:

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

Volkswagen Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Volkswagen?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Volkswagen?

Original review: June 24, 2022

We were stranded in the middle of a 1200-mile road trip due to a faulty turbo system in the 2022 Tiguan we had purchased 2 months prior. The VW dealership we stopped at said the parts necessary would take weeks to months to come in. We were 600 miles from home with a new car that could not be driven or repaired, and VW would not provide a loaner, rental, or any assistance whatsoever. This was the absolute worst customer service I have ever encountered. We traded in the Tiguan for another vehicle of equal msrp, losing thousands in the process. We will never again have anything to do with VW.

Original review: June 5, 2022

I bought a Passat after having a CC which I liked a lot. Within in months I have been to service it 5 times. It is one of the worst consumer experiences I've encountered. I'm currently seeing if I can manage a buyback.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 13, 2022

I purchased a new brand VW Tiguan, in March 22, after 3 weeks the engine got shot down in the middle of the road when I slowed down and it did not turn on until two people pushed my car to the roadside and it started up. I contacted the dealership, they said I should call the corporate. I ignored this issue, as I thought it was my fault that must have done something wrong. Then two days later again in the middle of the road at traffic light, the engine again got shot down. The same story. I called the roadside assistance they towed my car, it took a week to repair my car, the technician said it was about the starter failure.

Imagine a new car after 3 weeks failed working, how it could be frustrating! They fixed my car but I requested VW, for a replacement or repurchase. They haven't gotten back to me after a month yet. I am totally unsatisfied with both the customer service as well as the quality of car how it jeopardized my and my family's lives while stopped working in the middle of the road.

Original review: April 28, 2022

Many recent VWs (mine is a 2017 Tiguan) have a part in the steering column that is needed to control the airbag, horn and other steering wheel controls. It's called a clockspring and they are going bad on many models. They have a recall, but didn't make enough of them. Now, my car is in its 4th month of being undrivable. VW America has no estimate of when they may make more. They offer no support of any kind. I am paying car payments on a car that can't be driven. A quick Google search shows THOUSANDS of VW customers in the same boat. Avoid VW at all costs. They have a customer service department that will refer you to the dealer, who will refer you to back to them. AVOID VW.

Original review: April 5, 2022

I own a 2018 VW Tiguan. The customer service of VW and VW Credit is terrible. And I will never recommend or buy another one because of that. I have been dealing with title issues for 4 years and it’s still not resolved. Every time I call, there is another reason or excuse for things not being taken care. Beware of financing through VW!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2022

One perk that sold me on my purchase of my Certified Volkswagen Tiguan was the car replacement or loaner auto promise (if car was disabled and had to be in the shop for over a day). However, I have had numerous occasions in which I had to leave my car at the VW service shop for repairs and was told there were no cars available or that there was nothing they could do. Either Volkswagen vehicles are spending more time in the shop than they are on the road or someone (i.e. Volkswagen) does not honor the promises made at the time of sale. Regardless of the answer, I would not recommend the purchase of a Volkswagen to anyone. This is my first and last Volkswagen vehicle purchase based on the poor service and misleading warranty information.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

I have 2021 Atlas Cross Sport, I love the vehicle but the remotes are extremely frustrating. Fob will not work unless you're very close to the vehicle. I took it in to the VW dealer and the service rep said, "You're not the only one complaining about issue and unfortunately there is no no fix for this problem." Why can’t VW come up with a fix?

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

2017 GTI Polo with known thermostat and water pump issues, The car has 35000klms on it. They will not replace it, fix it at my expense. There is no goodwill at all, I could understand if the car had over 100000 km - but it is still new and it is a known problem. VW never again!!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2022

I was recently involved in an accident where I was rear ended on a major highway. I was shocked at how little damage was down to my vehicle and how well it absorbed the impact. My initial thinking was that my vehicle was destroyed but it wasn't and I was able to drive my wagon into the town where there was a collision center. The total damage and cost was far less than I expected. I am so glad I took a chance and bought this vehicle. Kudos to Volkswagen and their team that designed the safety features and overall look and feel of this vehicle.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2022

We purchased the new 2021 Tiguan comfortline in September and just after a month or so the infotainment screen would not turn on instantly. The issue has not been resolved after making three visits to the service dealer. We also contacted the VW Canada customer care but they were of no help and simply suggested that we visit the service dealer, though issue was to do with manufacturing. Our car is still with service dealer and they don't know what is the problem. Sent another email to VW Canada customer care rep but haven't received a response yet. Really frustrating and disappointing experience buying VW.

Volkswagen Company Information