3.36/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Volkswagen

Volkswagen is a German car manufacturer of sedans, SUVs, wagons, convertibles and compact cars. This company is not yet accredited. To learn more, see reviews below or submit your own. Want to know more about ConsumerAffairs accredited brands? Check out ConsumerAffairs for Brands. Read reviews for their models:

View More View More

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Volkswagen Reviews

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

I am so unhappy with the service and the cars I've been driving. It is one problem after the other. My problem is you guys keep on fixing how many times must a new car be fixed. I changed my previous Polo for the new Polo because of the problems it gave me and the constant fixing. The new Polo is a bigger piece of rubbish with endless issues. Can you just take your car please. I'm not interested in any more fixing. I had enough. This is what I've been experiencing: wind sound problem, the brake's noise, the 2 seat belt campaigns, the handbrake campaign, an Issue with the handbrake, I had an issue with the tyre alert thing as well. It said that the left rear was low but the right rear had a puncture, And now to top it all off it's raining in at the sun visor. I was soaking wet yesterday by the time I got home from work. Please understand I do not need these kind of problems from something I pay EVERY month. I bought the car from VW at Edenvale.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

I purchased the VW Passat R-Line 2019 the end of June 2019/4 months ago. The remote start does not work and the dealership said that VW is aware of the problem, and there is no fix for it at this time, and they made sure to tell me that they did not know of the problem at the time I purchase this car new (it only has 3,500 miles on it. They said that they sold a lot of these cars and only my car and one other had this issue, this is a lie, from the research and from speaking with a Customer Care Manager, all the R Lines experience this problem. These people should be ashamed of themselves, for being so dishonest. I would not buy another VW if someone paid me to, and for anyone considering this brand run for the hills. You enter the remote start sequence and the engine runs for 1 second and then turns off. How could they not be aware of this issue before they put this car on the market.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

What car only lasts 87k miles that was built in 2015? This VW Golf, and it has also had multiple issues where it leaked coolant and had to be repaired twice outside of warranty. Now the engine has failed and VWOA has left me high and dry. I will not be purchasing another VW, they have lost me as a customer. I drive 30k miles a year and purchase cars often. This is unacceptable, once I fork out more money to VW for this last repair I will be trading it in never to return.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

My Jetta just had its engine blow up essentially. There is a manufacturer defect and these should have been recalled. I was driving when the engine decided to just stop working. I could have killed someone. There is a class action lawsuit for this exact issue. When trying to get this issue resolved and get a portion covered to replace the motor, we were given the run around. We have been told that it would be 10k for a new motor. The consumer “advocate” says there is nothing they can do about it and refuses to escalate this to another individual above her pay grade. VW has poor customer service, questionable business model and just overall poor business practices. I will NEVER purchase another VW and I caution others in the purchasing of one. VW should be ashamed of how they treat the people paying their bills and feeding their families. This is NOT a company I will support or stand behind.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

I had kept VW for 6 years. When you trade or lease another vehicle VW is happy. When you are done business with them, they will eat your money. I returned my Passat recently and charged me $2000 to replace their loss of vehicle value. A previous dealership didn't explain what steps I need to follow in order to return. I went to a different dealership and returned it. I asked that I have to fix anything before returning. They told me nothing I can do at this time. I was waiting for their final answer and they called an inspector to return. Of course, they didn't call me, instead, I called them what is going on.

The dealership finished its process and transported to the auction. Therefore, they charged me $2000. I looked at the list what I charged for. I understood some parts of vehicle needed to be fixed. I didn't understand how much VW charged me for tires. I replaced Michelin tires and got charged $190 each which they were not original parts. I called VW credit and they kept saying can't readjust my money. I am really disappointed with VW how they treat a customer. I guess I am not going to deal with VW anymore. I will pay money and you will lose a customer. Thank you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Volkswagen?

Original review: Sept. 28, 2019

@VW So here we go again with Volkswagen and their shifty business practices. I have been dealing with this problem since February. Volkswagen Drive Easy is my warranty company. I purchased their most expensive bumper to bumper extended warranty. It is the top tier level policy that they have. I paid over $4000 for it when I purchased my 2013 cc 2 years ago. It’s is a platinum bumper to bumper 36k/36 month warranty but they refuse to honor the “bumper to bumper” end of the deal. Volkswagen of Union City has been telling them for months that I need a new engine & they keep turning that down and fixing different parts of the engine instead of fixing the underlying problem. Shame on them...AGAIN!!!

What is it going to take to get them to honor their contract?? After numerous band aid fixes, they finally agree with Union City that I do indeed need a new engine. However, they are not paying for all of the labor & parts that it took, and which they demanded, to get us to this point. They expect me to pay for it. WHATTTT? Volkswagen Drive Easy needs to pay for and honor all that they asked for and agreed to. My next stop is Volkswagen Drive Easy CEO, the media and legal action. In that order. I’m sick of these slimy business practices that Volkswagen has gotten accustomed to. It needs to stop. And it needs to stop now. My car has been in the shop since Aug 5, 2019, this time around and they are only reimbursing my for 10 days or $350, if they even honor that. I’ve paid almost $3000 in rental fees waiting for my car to be fixed.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

My seven year old Polo has its tapestry hanging from its ceiling. All the fabric seems to fall down, even if we keep the car protected from the sun. Unacceptable, for a car of its price and fame. The local customer service seems unwilling to do anything about it.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

I turned in my lease 3 months early because I was going to go over my mileage. I went in to discuss options. They told me they would waive my remaining months for buying a new vehicle with them. Now 3 month later I get an invoice for 1500 (way more than 3 payments of my lease) and VW is pawning this off on the dealership, Volkswagen Cypress, who won’t return my phone calls or emails. They are flat out scamming me! VW main office were so rude and horrible. I will never do business with them again and warn everyone to stay away from VW. The automatic responses that I have received really show this is common practice.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

We lease new Volkswagen November 2018. During a family road trip to Newfoundland one morning, there was a mosquito flying around on near the windshield inside the car. In an effort to swat the pest, the windshield was lightly hit and consequently left a crack on the windshield. Although, the night before was rainy and cold, leaving the windshield more vulnerable to cracking. It does not make it okay for the windshield to crack for such a tiny impact. This is most definitely a quality issue with the glass material that composes the windshield.

Driving 18 hours home to Toronto from Newfoundland was very unpleasant and scary from the thought of the windshield completely shattering at any moment. After coming back to Toronto, Volkswagen told us that it was our problem that we broke the windshield and that we hit it too hard. But realistically, how hard could someone possibly swat a mosquito. Customer service was very unpleasant during the process and left us very unsatisfied. I hope they can realize that their windshield quality was at fault and that they can replace the windshield with a more durable windshield to ensure my family's safety.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

I love these cars, but I am not understanding how the AC system went out twice in my ownership of this car. 2017 at 75k and 2019 at 136k. What is wrong, you should recall. It was out of pocket expense for me. No extended coverage expired at 65k.

Volkswagen Company Information