2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.33/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Volkswagen is a German car manufacturer of sedans, SUVs, wagons, convertibles and compact cars. This company is not yet accredited. To learn more, see reviews below or submit your own. Want to know more about ConsumerAffairs accredited brands? Check out ConsumerAffairs for Brands. Read reviews for their models:

View More View More

Volkswagen Reviews

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

The car looks great on the outside, the inside as well. Very comfortable car and spacious. The drive is smooth and affordable in gas. It's not a big SUV and not too small. Enough room to fit 5 people and a large trunk. Very happy with the design of the vehicle. As for the engine, I did have a few issues. Instead of a timing belt it's a chain which needs to be changed and very costly. The pieces are ok in price but had to add some extra money on top of my payments. That was the downfall of this purchase.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

The fit and finish on my VW is on another level compared to domestics in the segment. The car has held up quite nicely. Service at the dealership is a bit pricey so I've found a good independent mechanic. Overall my Eos delivers a great experience on summer days and feels comfortable enough for long haul road trips up and down the I-5.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

The GTI is one of the best all around cars on the market today as far as overall versatility. It may not be the best in any singular category (performance, mpg, comfort, etc.), but it’s cumulatively better than 90-95% of the cars that it competes against. The GTI’s changes over the model years have been subtle with VW finely tuning & refining a proven & successful platform. I’ve owned cars that were more luxurious, had more performance, were much more aesthetically pleasing design-wise...yet, the 5 GTIs that I own/have owned, have never failed to provide me with an exhilarating drive.

Original review: June 29, 2019

Our Sales Agent Pete ** and the Sales Manager Paul ** of Durham Volkswagen went above and beyond to make sure that we were happy with our purchase of the VW Atlas. Very pleasant personality and very patient, everyone we met there were all very accommodating. I highly recommend Durham VW and we are very happy with our purchase.

Original review: April 24, 2019

I have had VW wagons with sunroofs all my life. They have been incredible and reliable. I have never had a problem until my 2017, 20k miles sunroof leaking, the dealer says it’s clogged tubes. What in the world??? The car lives in the garage and it’s new. None of my family members' car have given problems under the same circumstances.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Volkswagen?

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

Expensive repairs after 60,000 miles. Most of the VW 2.0 liter TBI engines are known for water pump failures. IN December 2019, VW added an extended warranty to your car you probably do not know about. If you take your car to the dealer for the warranty extension repair, they will probably tell that oil leaks, another VW problem, caused the pump to fail, and they won't honor the warranty. Now if you already paid to have your water pump replaced, you need to join the class-action lawsuit for compensation. It is ridiculous that a vehicle with 68,000 should need $4,000 worth of oil leaks and water pump repairs. This is another known problem that VW does not want to address so I would recommend selling that vehicle before the warranty expires.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

I bought a brand new 2019 Beetle and noticed it had a bunch of things wrong right off the bat. One of the speaker lights didn't work, the manual seat sinks after a few hours, and the A/C button doesn't work properly. I am 3.5 hours away from a Volkswagen dealership so it takes me 7 hours round trip to service it. I have to do 2 seven hour trips per service because they never fix it in one day. So far I have had to make that round trip 4 times and they still have not fixed the issues other than the speaker light. I don't have time or patience anymore to take many days off for nothing. The product is poorly put together and the service is HORRIBLE, at least at South Motors in Miami, FL.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

I re-titled my car from VA to IL in late 2019. After receiving my state transfer packet from VW, I called them before I went to the DMV and told them I thought I was missing a document in my packet. They assured me I had everything I needed. When I went to the DMV, they informed me I was missing a document that I told VW I needed earlier in the day. This caused a significant delay in re-titling. I had to pre-pay my taxes on the car for 2019. I submitted paperwork to VW showing that I had retitled the vehicle so I could receive a credit on the taxes I had already paid, and they told me I would have a resolution in 6-8 weeks.

It has been almost 3 months and I have still not heard back on my status. Every time I call and talk to a customer service representative, they promise me they will get an answer by the end of the day and will call me back. I have yet to receive a call back. I have absolutely had it. Their agents do not care about making sure I receive the money I am due-I truly wonder if they are just holding on to the funds from the state of VA and not forwarding them on to me. It is ridiculous.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

I purchased a lemon. (2018 GTI Autobahn). The car has been serviced 6 times in 8 months for a faulty sunroof. The issue still remains. I filed a claim with VW corporate and it was denied. I would stay away from VW. I'm taking this as a loss. :( STAY AWAY from GTI's with SUNROOFS!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

2018 Volkswagen Tiguan bad experience. The Volkswagen Tiguan is the worst experience in my life. Since I bought the car after 3 months nothing but problems. The dealership gave me the customer service for Volkswagen to complaint but they did not do anything about it. I am going to trade this car. Never in my life I would never purchase another Volkswagen. The worst experience. Stay away from Volkswagen.

Is your car out of warranty?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right extended auto warranty for you.

Volkswagen Company Information