2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.44/5

Volkswagen is a German car manufacturer of sedans, SUVs, wagons, convertibles and compact cars. Read reviews for their models:

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

Volkswagen Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Volkswagen?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Volkswagen?

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

VW builds cars that have superior handling, above average fuel economy at a decent price. Build quality is also very good although I have had issues with leaking sunroofs on 2 wagons. On balance I still feel the overall value and driving experience are worth it to me.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

The car looks great on the outside, the inside as well. Very comfortable car and spacious. The drive is smooth and affordable in gas. It's not a big SUV and not too small. Enough room to fit 5 people and a large trunk. Very happy with the design of the vehicle. As for the engine, I did have a few issues. Instead of a timing belt it's a chain which needs to be changed and very costly. The pieces are ok in price but had to add some extra money on top of my payments. That was the downfall of this purchase.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
    Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

A really good vehicle, just right for me. I especially like that maintenance is only once a year. One drawback is the limited cargo space. But it is easy to get in and out. I often transport elderly people to various activities. They often comment about this feature.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

The fit and finish on my VW is on another level compared to domestics in the segment. The car has held up quite nicely. Service at the dealership is a bit pricey so I've found a good independent mechanic. Overall my Eos delivers a great experience on summer days and feels comfortable enough for long haul road trips up and down the I-5.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

The GTI is one of the best all around cars on the market today as far as overall versatility. It may not be the best in any singular category (performance, mpg, comfort, etc.), but it’s cumulatively better than 90-95% of the cars that it competes against. The GTI’s changes over the model years have been subtle with VW finely tuning & refining a proven & successful platform. I’ve owned cars that were more luxurious, had more performance, were much more aesthetically pleasing design-wise...yet, the 5 GTIs that I own/have owned, have never failed to provide me with an exhilarating drive.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2020

Bought a 2021 VW Atlas. Made in USA. Navigation issues. Accepts address but will not go there. Works on 80 % of address that are entered. Complained to VW, getting nowhere. They say it is a software issue. And is not their problem. They say I should deal with software company. I bought this car from VW not the software company. Customer service sucks. They are purchasing inferior products - to save money and not supporting their customers. Will never buy another VW.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

We bought a 2020 Tiguan six months ago. This car likes to stop itself in the middle of the street for no apparent reason. If you read more reviews online, you will find it’s a common problem. VW reviewed the case for 2 months only to let us know they weren’t going to do anything about it. Terrible customer service and seems to have no concern about driver safety. Would give 0 stars if I could.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

I purchased the vehicle almost a year ago. After month with the car, I started to hear door noises on my car - squeaky and cracking sounds. I’ve been going to the dealership for about 10 times and they haven’t fixed the problem. Dealerships are not Helpful. I told him I didn’t, the car has a defect but they keep saying they can fix the problem. I’ve been having this problem for a year now. This is the last time I’m gonna be getting a Volkswagen Product. Not satisfied with his vehicle at all.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2020

I have been an on/off VW owner for almost 15 years. I recently became one again just a few months ago and now I know why I was on/off, rather than always on! After this current experience, I cannot recommend Volkswagen products any longer and no matter what changes they make, I will never return. My recent vehicle was purchased brand new and the quality of workmanship on it is so poor that I would not let my worst enemy get one. Mine came with a defective dashboard straight out of the factory! The dash had a golf ball sized imperfection and a few hollow spots near the passenger airbag.

The front window trims also had gashes in them and were also colored differently. One of my interior lights has a bug and some floating debris inside of the housing. There is a s black paint mark on one side of my trunk door (my vehicle is red). I don't care how much the vehicle retails for, this workmanship is pure junk and 100% unacceptable. This vehicle and all of VW is a total embarrassment to the entire car world. Even FORD is putting out top-notch vehicles in 2020. SHAME ON YOU VOLKSWAGEN.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2020

We purchased a brand new 2018 Tiguan and have had an horrible experience. The family almost died in a car accident because of the EPC faulty code. It happened 3 times and Volkswagen could not fix the issue. All of a sudden your car loses power and can’t go over 30mph, it shakes horribly and continues to lose power. The last time it happened (3rd time) we were merging onto a highway, the car shook and then lost power, with your foot to the floor the car will not go over 30mph. An 18wheeler truck almost slammed into the back of us, we had to swerve off the highway. Took it back to Volkswagen and they stated it was a faulty read and NOTHING Else was done! We are so shaken and have no trust in the car.

I went directly to head office of Volkswagen and after 6 weeks of discussion they offered me a 10% discount off a new car! Are you kidding me??? 10% when it almost killed my family. I bought a new car so I would have no issue, but instead have had deadly issues. Looking online I see I am not alone. I guess Volkswagen does Nothing to keep their customers safe unless you die and then a class action lawsuit happens. Guess I should head up a class action lawsuit. DO NOT BUY THIS CAR. You will regret it. Stay away from a company who knows there are deadly issues yet does nothing about it!

Volkswagen Company Information