Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.29/5

Volkswagen

Volkswagen is a German car manufacturer of sedans, SUVs, wagons, convertibles and compact cars. This company is not yet accredited. To learn more, see reviews below or submit your own. Want to know more about ConsumerAffairs accredited brands? Check out ConsumerAffairs for Brands. Read reviews for their models:

View More View More

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

455 Volkswagen Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 15, 2019

Sometime in March, 2019 I decided to bring my car in for evaluation - there was some strange rattling noise coming from the front left area around the wheel. I called the numbers listed on Island VW website and I couldn't get a hold of anyone because the line would either ring and then disconnect or go to straight to a busy line. I tried the chat on their website, but no one responded because I am guessing I was doing this at 830am. Then I called the sales number a few times and by some chance someone answered in sales and that person was the one who scheduled my appt, not the service dept. I brought my car in, I left it over the weekend for inspection, and on Sat I was called (Jimmy) and told the left axel (?) was worn off and that it needed to be replaced.

I picked up my car a few days later and the next day I heard the same noise. I thought I was imagining things so I waited until my partner drove the car and said that the issue is indeed still there. I drove for another three days just to make sure we are not going to call and complain for no reason. Once established that the issue is there, I called the dealership. Same problem again. The line rings and disconnects. OR it goes to a busy signal right away. I waited another day or so and attempted again. Same issue again. I tried the chat and demanded that someone calls me. Jimmy called and I explained my problem. I said I would like to bring my car in again because the issue hasn't been resolved.

I asked that they provide me with a loaner this time as my work demands me to travel from one clinic in the morning to another in the middle of the day. He said they didn't have any loaners. Then I asked them to cover for a rental that I would rent in order to get to work. He said that wouldn't work either. So I had to accommodate my schedule, wait until a weekend that I don't work to bring the car in. He agreed. At this point, while speaking with him, the phone disconnected twice!! So when he told me, "Call us next week when you know when you'll be able to bring the car" I explained that calling their dealership is close to impossible, as evidenced by the dropped calls.

He gave me his cell phone number and said to contact him there. And I did. Left a vm, waited several days and when no one called me, I decided to call Volkswagen America Customer Service, on 4/30 or 5/1. I spoke with a lady Renee who tried contacting the dealer herself. She ran into the same issue, the lines weren't working. So she said she would continue to call and get back to me. On 5/1 she left a vm on my cellphone, stating that she was still not able to get a hold of them but that she would be able to schedule me an appt on the website. However, at this point I had missed the weekend I was off and I needed them to provide me with a car to get to work. She said she wouldn't be able to do that online.

The next day, she called me and said her manager was able to get a hold of someone in the dealership who explained that they don't have loaner cars at that time and when one becomes available they would call me. Guess what? That call never came. At this point, I decided to call my bank and file a dispute. I have three VW at home and I will never, EVER, buy another one. I am selling them all and will be buying something else. Which is a bummer because I never had an issue with any of my cars. I bought them in Seattle, Carter VW, had the best experience with them. Everyone else related to VW was a disastrous experience.

Original review: July 14, 2019

2019 Passat R-Line Remote Start Doesn’t Work. Upgraded in February to a 2019 simply because of some special features especially the remote start. Well the remote start quit working the next day after I brought the car home. I reported it to the Dealership & Service Department & VW Customer Care & to no avail... No one has done absolutely nothing!! They say there’s an update or they’re working on to fix the issue. It’s going on 6 months after purchase & I have not heard anything from anyone. This is the first time after several Volkswagen vehicles that I ever had to return a car because something doesn’t work & have gotten nothing but the runaround. Very disappointed in VW & will probably will not be a returning customer.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 4, 2019

Nothing but problems with the Tiguan. This car is a mechanical nightmare. 68,000 miles and the car is in need of such major repairs that far exceed the quickly plummeting value of $7000. Volkswagen of North America has offered NO recourse for this shameful product, and the experience has definitely hurt my overall finances in a way that has been beyond detrimental to this consumer and small business owner. Volkswagen should be avoided at all costs, unless you are one of these folks getting a new car every two years. I was looking for a car for 15-20 years, but I guess they don't build those anymore?

Here is a list of what is wrong: All 4 coils replaced TWICE with VW OEM coils from dealership, still misfiring/pulling codes, Extensive carbon buildup in all the cylinders, 1st cylinder lost compression, Clockspring mechanism replaced under service warranty extension, EPC malfunctioning, Steering Control malfunctioning, Parking Brake malfunctioning, System running lean without a fix offered from manufacturer, Transmission timing not correct, told by Jim Ellis VW that it would require NEW TRANSMISSION at 62,000 miles (right outside of warranty) at a cost of $6000, Fuel pump replaced TWICE, Almost every light on the dash has lit up at some point.

I purchased this car with 30,000 miles in April of 2017. I put $3000 down. There is NO reason a car should have this many issues in such a short window of time, for a young car, and the manufacture REFUSES to stand by their product or offer any reasonable assistance or buyback, as they did with my 2013 Jetta TDI Sportwagen. To compare, I drove my last vehicle for almost 20 years, with no devastatingly major repairs outside of normal maintenance. This used to be the norm for most manufacturers.

The dealerships I have been to for service (Jim Ellis VW of Kennesaw, and Nalley VW of Alpharetta) have acted highly shady and outright dishonest multiple times in my attempts to rectify the problems, leading me to believe this a typical symptom of a broken VW culture within the separate organizations. BR Automotive Repair in Alpharetta is an amazingly honest and intelligent repair shop, and got the car drivable enough to trade it in, and advised me to RUN to trade it ASAP. I hate to even put this nightmare on another unwitting consumer, but I have to try to reduce my already considerable losses on this JUNK CAR. BUYER BEWARE!!!

Original review: June 29, 2019

Our Sales Agent Pete ** and the Sales Manager Paul ** of Durham Volkswagen went above and beyond to make sure that we were happy with our purchase of the VW Atlas. Very pleasant personality and very patient, everyone we met there were all very accommodating. I highly recommend Durham VW and we are very happy with our purchase.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I purchased this vehicle new and after the first 30 days my 2019 Tiguan had problems - mainly electrical. I decided to wait on my next payment. I wasn’t even 30 days behind with the vehicle was repo’d. Never will own a VW again. Worst experience ever for a vehicle I only had for 90 days and they sent it straight to the auction so they can get a big balance from me!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Volkswagen?

Original review: June 5, 2019

2018 VW Tiguan SEL Premium. What’s not to love? Well if you have 2 days to listen I would tell you. Today the EPC warning light came on and what followed is too much to add here but many VW owners have the same problem. I guess here comes another recall. Never VW again!!!!

Original review: June 3, 2019

One year ago I decided to buy a used VW. People often said, "Very expensive to repair," but I heard they drive well, so took a shot. Not only are they expensive to repair but when dealing with VW customer service over what should have been a simple warranty issue, I can wholeheartedly say that I would NEVER in my right mind recommend this car manufacturer to any of my friends or family. It took VW nearly two months (and several callbacks) to come to the conclusion that they weren't covering this issue, too. Ridiculous. Anyway, there's my public rant. Buy a used VW at your own risk and don't trust them to back their own warranties.

Original review: May 21, 2019

First off, I love my car. From the first day of delivery though there have been problems. I do not have a lot of free time to spend going to the dealer so I gave the car a "break-in" period for some of the problems to settle and when my 10k mile service came up, I went into the dealer with a list of things I needed to be corrected. The most important is the "grinding" noise I get from the transmission. This is a problem that a large percentage of other owners are complaining about and VWoA is not handling. When the automatic transmission upshifts at about 25-40 mph, there is a "grinding" noise that occurs and the car pulls back or exhibits a minor loss of power. It is more noticeable in ECO mode, but happens in other modes.

I am concerned that it is slowly damaging the transmission, will cause a breakdown, will be costly (after warranty) or will affect resale value. VWoA says this is "normal", but no mechanic who has been presented with this will admit that it is "normal". Next, my car has a trunk lid that hits me hard because it doesn't stay in the up position when open. I understand from VW blogs posts that this was corrected in cars made after a certain date, but apparently VWoA doesn't regard the safety of people who are being struck and hurt. I was told there was a fix for the problem, but the dealer did nothing.

Original review: May 16, 2019

For a second time now the push open door to the gas tank would not open. I was 40 miles from home and there was ZERO way to fill up my car with gas. I was on fumes, there was no-one or a service company around to help me. There is a manufacturing problem with the gas push open door and after a while there is a part that goes bad according to the Volkswagen reps and it seals shut. There are no indicator lights or warnings that this is going to happen. So, you get STRANDED with zero warning!! I was able to force pull the door open but the door did break and the silver rectangle cosmetic piece covering the door fell off and the black door cannot close or it will not open again--Both pieces now need repair. It is a malfunction in the companies car design and should be considered for recall.

I called to try to resolve the matter today with the 1-800 Volkswagen Customer Care line and the lady on the phone was ZERO help and would NOT let me speak to the Volkswagen supervisor and said she spoke to him/her for me and they stand firm on their decision. I was extremely disappointed. THIS is TERRIBLE customer service and this is a SAFETY issue -- not being able to put gas in your car is not too much to ask when you buy a car. They said they will NOT cover the repair on my car because it is old, 2014 with 79,000 miles on it that I have taken GREAT care of and is in good condition.

There is always the ROAD TO YES and I believe Volkswagen should take better care of their customers and help FIX the NOW problem. The Volkswagen dealership service people reported to me that they have seen this problem MULTIPLE times but there is no recall for it. To say I am disappointed is an understatement and I do not think I will be back as a purchasing customer--again EVER.

Original review: May 6, 2019

We purchased a new VW Tiguan late last year from Flow VW. This has been a very disappointing experience. The car was delivered dirty and has had 2 recalls that took 6 months to fix. One was interior lights and the other was a washer fluid issue. Both are now fixed but while all of this is going on we find out at 19K miles we have to replace tires due to cupping. We only found this out after they rotated the tires. It was so bad that you could feel it in the brakes and it sounded like a wheel bearing was out.

I was told by a manager to call VW as this was the only way to get attention to this problem. I was also told this was probably a issues from the factory. In my call to VW they stated that they don’t make the tires and therefore can’t warranty them. Pretty sad I was pretty sure the car has a VW emblem on it and not the tire brand. I’m a big Toyota / Lexus guy so this was a big risk I took buying a VW. If you're considering buying a VW do your homework in researching I sure wished I would have.

Original review: May 5, 2019

My 2014 suv cost me $7,251.00 during the warranty period. My 2014 VW Tiguan will be 5 yrs old on 6/22/19 w/ 74,000 miles. The engines in this suv is not reliable & the rear panels are plastic. The suv is made in Mexico. No new vehicle should cost more than its blue book value of $12,000.00 w/n a 4 yr period. The Napleton Orlando location wants me to spend another $3K to fix their mistake. The dealerships in Orlando (4) rip off their customers using repair & maintenance bills.

Original review: April 28, 2019

On March 21st, my daughter was driving her friend to the airport when they smelled something burning. She has a 2007 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg Edition (100K) that she bought when she turned 16 with a majority of her own money. The seat heater malfunctioned and burned a huge hole through her seat and right through her sweatshirt and t-shirt. We have read tons of complaints about the seat heaters. Since the black leather in her car is no longer being manufactured, they want to replace it with a light gray leather. The bottom seat will remain black and they will replace the portion your back rests on with light gray. This is a horrible remedy. She will have one light gray seat and the others will be black.

An entire month has gone by and the parts are still not here. The first order was supposedly lost so they placed another order and it's on backorder with no ETA. Volkswagen in NO WAY cares about their customers. This is the worst customer service we have ever dealt with. Don't buy a VOLKSWAGEN if you expect to be taken care of! All they do is string you along. I cannot believe that they can continue to get away with this. CUSTOMER Care is a total JOKE! You should honestly be ashamed of yourself for the way you handle serious issues. She was not part of their recall.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I purchased, new a 2013 beetle convertible with an extended warranty. The car has 52000 miles on it. The convertible top is wearing thin, to the point where its threads are spacing and separating. I call VW customer care and they said it’s out of warranty and they refused to even have their regional manager take a look at it to see if it could be repaired or if necessary replaced at their cost. This car is lightly used and regularly maintained at the dealership I purchased it from. They do not stand behind their car.

Original review: April 24, 2019

I have had VW wagons with sunroofs all my life. They have been incredible and reliable. I have never had a problem until my 2017, 20k miles sunroof leaking, the dealer says it’s clogged tubes. What in the world??? The car lives in the garage and it’s new. None of my family members' car have given problems under the same circumstances.

Original review: April 23, 2019

We have been a customer for 20 years. We purchased a VW Jetta in 2015. We have not had too many issues with the car. However, when coming back from vacation with 2 children in the car and we had a blowout at 9 pm on 64 E in Virginia. I pulled over to the side of the road, I then removed everything from the trunk to get to the spare tire. After pulling out the jack, and tire out of the car, I noticed there is no lug wrench. We called VW roadside assistance which dispatched a tow truck that I arrived 45 minutes later. We had the vehicle towed to our home which cost me $211.00. I went to VW the next morning to explain what happened and their sales manager said: "Well you bought the car 4 years ago. It not our problem."

I called customer service to file a complaint and received a callback and stated they are not going to do anything because the car was four years old. The sales manager was uncaring and did not even seem to care. I asked to speak to the GM and he stated he won't be in for 30 - 60 minutes. I waited to speak to the GM but never got to speak with him but was told they were not going to assist us with the tow cost. They would of if I had towed the car to their dealership. I said I had 4 people in the car (2 children) as well as a lot of luggage. After 20 years of faithful service with the company they did not care about their customers, they are only out for the money. As of today, I will NEVER BUY A VW again or recommended the dealership/company again. So much for Southern Hospitality.

Original review: April 18, 2019

Purchased as certified preowned in 2015, after the first year of ownership multiple, MAJOR repairs have been completed. The ignition lock broke and would not allow me to turn my vehicle on or off at random times. The headlights had to be replaced three times in one year. For some reason the dealer could not explain, yet miraculously fixed. At the end of 2018 North Park Volkswagen had my vehicle for a month to diagnose problems they could not find the first time around. Turned out to be the timing chain and tension pulley (which never failed on a different car I owned that was 20 yrs old).

Coincidentally, the battery died at the same time and I was made to pay for it. Add that the fuel pump failed (again, at the same time) and when they returned my car to me, was leaking gasoline in puddles. Just about the only thing left to fail is the transmission! Thank goodness for the extended warranty! I was very disappointed with the quality of the car, overall, and with the lack of concern and poor service. The dealer and service department used to impress me, but the more problems the car THEY sold me had, the less responsibility they took and poorer their customer service became. Even VW of America's corporate office failed to follow up with me until almost a month later.

Original review: April 16, 2019

In my experience, I never have been in such a poor experience so far. After 2 months of booking and the full amount has been paid, Volkswagen group is ready to refund the entire amount instead of delivering the car. Since now, they haven't provided me the proper reason for delay. The irony is, they haven't ever communicated with me until I communicate them. The reckless organization. They are the very worst among all other brands.

Original review: April 11, 2019

We bought a new car VW Touran from April 2017 and unfortunately car dealer delivered a worse car that I ever received in my life as the following issues:

- Adblue tanker was leaking in 2 months delivery.
- A problem was warned and technician of VW could not detect the problem. We left our car to check the problems in few days at VW repaired center - Chaussee Ninove with nearly 100 km of our own gasoline fee. The problem was found by ourselves in a foreign country - our car was flooded due to a problem of the joint while we were in the car under heavy rain in Prague.
- The light was out of order. After leaving our car for reparation, we got our car back with a new joint replaced, but horrible odor was occurred due to humidity. We came back to request a solution for odor treatment and repair the light as well. No accessory was available. It needs to be ordered and we will be contacted once accessory arrived shortly. One month later, we passed by to check if the light can be fixed and was told the accessory was not arrived because they forgot to order.

- We face a new problem today with the battery. I had to call VW assistance to restart the engine with a ref under number **. The technician passed by to fix the problem and advised to replace a new battery as it happened twice recently.

We feel disappointed to sell our ancient Audi to them and bought a new car with full options from VW. Honestly saying, service after sale was not good. Agent was not happy to request to fix the problems and unfriendly attitude at Robert Carrosserie - Chaussee Ninove 1070, Anderlecht. It could be the last time and ever to buy such a bad quality.

Original review: April 10, 2019

BUYER BEWARE!!!! My wife and I have been leasing a VW Tiguan for the last 2 years and recently experienced a nightmare of an an issue. A recent monthly payment was not pulled from her bank accurately and instead of contacting me, the lessor, it became delinquent and they reported to the credit agencies. After several dispute letters explaining the issue, they just deny...deny...with no explanation!! I call VW customer service who explains that the Credit department does not have a phone #, so you can't even talk to the person that handles the issue. Thank you VW for ruining my excellent 15 year credit history! I will be sure to never do business with this organization again and make it my personal mission to tell others to do the same.

Original review: April 6, 2019

Purchased the 2019 Passat R-Line edition on 3/2/19 and really like the styling, but that is where it ends. Three days after purchasing the vehicle, the remote start stopped working. There is a software flaw where the remote timer doesn't reset after starting the car, so once you've reached an "overall total" of twenty minutes the remote start never works again, as it is awaiting on an “input signal” that the car has been started non-remotely. AutoNation said it is Volkswagen's problem and VW Customer Care said they know about the problem but they do not have a fix for it and that it's basically my problem because it does not meet the guidelines for lemon law or VW’s policy to take the vehicle back.

They said they are not pulling these vehicles from the lots because it is not a safety or mechanical issue but the dealerships are not disclosing this information either. VW Customer Care offered me $100 gift card and said they do not know when a fix will be released. Buy something else, and steer clear of VW. What good is a 7 year warranty, if they are selling cars that can't be fixed?

Original review: March 28, 2019

I have a 2017 Touareg and the power steering went out almost two weeks ago (30k miles). I took it to the dealer immediately and they seemed to have issues figuring out how to fix it. They told me they were working with VW corporate to resolve it. After two days of nothing happening, I reached out to corp VW myself and got assigned to 'Colin **'. His scripted emails were fluff and he wouldn't return my calls. The local dealer is telling me they can't figure it out and corp is telling me to take it 100 miles to another dealer to have it looked at. They love you when they are trying to sell you a car but they show no interest in providing good warranty service. If I could turn back the clock, I would not buy a VW.. Too many problems, a corporate CARELESS team that is checked out.

Original review: March 18, 2019

Receiving my final invoice from VW credit for 4,888. This was a lease return that I thought was factored into the deal. Guess what, it was not. I am writing this as I just received my final invoice coming off a lease. Well guess what, I owe 4,888 dollars. This was back from May of 2018. At the time I gave Lakeland VW 5 stars. Matter of fact went and purchased 2 more VW as I was so happy. Well stupid me I should have asked more questions before signing any paperwork. Of course they took my trade/lease and gave me 1,000 dollars to make up for the remaining 6 lease payments.

At the time this seemed weird but they told me not to worry about it, You will get your final invoice showing the remaining lease payments, take the money we send you and pay your final invoice from VW credit. What they didn't tell me is that you will also have to pay for high mileage, dents, dings and any excessive wear and tear. Well this just cost me an additional 3,888 dollars. Stupid me (because I have never leased). All they did was take and send it back to VW credit. I thought this was being treated as a normal trade in and any excessive wear and tear was factored into the deal. NOPE just the opposite. One would think they would have fully disclosed this prior to me signing the deal. Had I would have known I would have just kept the car until the lease ran out and just purchased it out right, which I had planned to do anyways.

I have spoke to VW Corp and VW credit and of course there is nothing that can do, this lies with the dealership. I am warning you, if your coming off a lease be very careful and ask 1,000 of questions before signing your name. 7 months later you will get the same invoice as I did. Cost me an additional 3,888 bucks. Stupid me, go somewhere else that will have full disclosure since this is not your day job and you're trusting others with your money or at least trusting others to fully disclose your huge purchase. I would like the dealership to honor paying the additional 3,600 dollars that should have been factored into the deal.

Original review: March 13, 2019

Can't believe the nerve of Volkswagen’s warranty and a slap on the hand. Dealership guys were very respectful and friendly but doing very bad illegal things again. Took my 2011 TDI Jetta under warranty to the dealership for LONG START and ACCELERATION LAG, (fuel issues). Day 2 of having my vehicle, Jason via text message asked for approval to do a fuel filter and air filter change for 185+tax. I asked wasn't FUEL FILTER covered under my warranty. Via text message, was told NO. Called corporate and was set up with an advisor (Kyle) who did not return my call before I was told to come get my car on day 3.

Went to the dealership and spoke to a supervisor named Matt **. Asked him to explain what part about "ENTIRE FUEL SYSTEM" doesn't apply to the fuel filter. His explanation to me, maybe it was worded wrong. I am a certified MASTER tech and I bought this car for the warranty VW was offering. Couldn't believe it. Shouldn't have believed it. I have attached a copy of a page from my warranty booklet which leads us consumers buying these vehicles to believe Volkswagen has our back, not that we are buying and inheriting someone else's problem. I bought the vehicle about 4,000 miles ago and was told it needed done and asked for money for it. Since I did not get the job done, I was charged $143 this morning to get my vehicle back.

I asked for a itemized list of what the tech did to diagnose my vehicle since I am paying $135+tax for diag. Was that honored? No, for 3 days my vehicle was with them and my warranty not covered. Advisors say whatever the dealership says because clearly in black and white for anyone to read "ENTIRE" not excluding filter, would lead you to believe it is covered, especially when the system is under high pressure and you have to prime the system so it's really not a DIY for most consumers buying these vehicles. I didn't write the warranty and it should be honored.

Not only that, my warranty also states "conflicts concerning the warranty, are to be resolved in favor of the consumer". Volkswagen follow the law and honor your warranty and not play word games with the people you are trying to earn the trust back from. I'm going to the top with my issue and litigation for selling me a vehicle under false advertising. Not only that, but I also have a warranty under the HPFP recall warranting me anything that touches gas. If I have to fight for my $143 back and my warranty honored, I'm going to make sure the courts give their vehicle back to them.

Original review: March 11, 2019

A VW shop has had my car for over two weeks and come to find out the timing chain tensioner malfunctioned and broke the chain and the cam. I reached out to VW for help to pay the repair cost on a car that only has 56,000 miles and shouldn't be having engine trouble such as this. Well the response from VW was that they would not help. Then I find out there is a lawsuit against VW for this very issue. I reached back out to VW and they still said no due to my VIN number did not match the cars with this issue. Funny how my car was a year newer model but still had the same issue. I will never again recommend that anyone buy a VW for they don't stand behind their product.

Original review: March 9, 2019

Purchased a 2012 Tiguan less than a year ago at 58K. From day 1 there have been constant oil leaks all year. I took it back to the dealer repeatedly. Oil leaks continued. A couple weeks ago I paid an $1800 bill for a rear main oil seal leak. VW refused to reimburse me because they said there was no recall on it and it's past warranty. I know for a fact this is a consistent problem for this year and model and it should be under recall not to mention it started when it was under 60K. I am very unhappy and want to be reimbursed for the repair due to a faulty product. I won't stop until it's reimbursed.

Original review: March 3, 2019

The first day I drove my new 2019 Tiguan SEL home, I opened the passenger driver-side door and the handle got stuck and would not go back in...Made an appointment for 2-days later to get this fixed. During the 2-day waiting period, I was stopped in a turning lane on a four-lane, lighted road to make a u-turn. When I hit the gas pedal to go the car jerked forward, and went to a standstill for about 5-seconds while my foot was firmly pressing the gas pedal. This caused the two oncoming vehicles to have to screech to a stop; and the vehicle in the middle lane had to swerve to avoid hitting me and spin out. When the Tiguan started moving forward, I had to pull over because I was shaking. The same issue happened again the next day, but no oncoming cars were in sight.

Went in for the door appointment, I told the service rep about engine and asked to speak to a manager. An assistant manager came out, I told him about the engine, and he respond that's a VW and gave me a hug and two free t-shirts. New door handle had to be ordered due to corrosion, had to come back 3-days later to have it fixed. During those 3-days, the passenger seat seat belt warning sound started randomly going off, along with the airbag light flashing above the hazard light when my handbag was on the seat. Reported that and the engine issue again at next appointment. Had to leave the car for two days...At pick-up was told everything was tested fine, but VW did not bother to test the seat sensor. Was instructed to not put anything on the passenger seat, as stated in the car's manual.

I was in tears telling VW of Naples dealership that I felt totally unsafe but they would not help me get another vehicle and told me to get back into this vehicle. So I contacted Volkswagen corporate to request a new vehicle, or to let me out of my lease...Denied. Both VW corporate and Naples, FL dealership did not care about my safety at all, nor that I was obviously an unhappy customer. Money should never come before safety, so I paid to get out of my lease. This is a deadly safety issue.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

In my brand new Tiguan, the air condition stuffed up and stopped cooling. I went down to the service in Parramatta. They told me that it will take a while to fix and they have no cars to give me and they aren’t sure what to do. They couldn’t even call me a taxi. I think VW is the worst company to deal with and customer value to them is zero. What a waste of my time for being a good customer.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Leased a Golf... Had a couple repairs made at a shop and looked like new. Car had a broken bearing near turn in which would have cost $800! Turned the car in early then got the shocking fees! They claimed my cosmetic repairs were subpar and billed me to re-fix the repairs! Dealership never told me to get an inspection to make sure things were right, just bring the car back and we send it out and you will get a bill... Customer service did nothing to help... Never again! Paid a fortune for the lease of this ** car and they are gouging me for an exorbitant amount!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

I’ve never bought a brand new car and wasn’t able to get a loaner vehicle when there’s a warranty issue. I’ve never had this experience with BMW or Mercedes or any other new car that I’ve owned in my entire life. If the car breaks be prepared to not have a car, for however long it takes him to fix it. Worst warranty program ever. I will never buy another VW EVER AGAIN. I’m receiving safety recall notices in the mail but can’t get them fixed. The dealerships will only drive you 10 miles from the dealer and I live more than 10 miles away from a dealer. This is the worst experience I’ve ever had with the new car.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

They lied to me about putting my extra money that I sent in to go to the principal. I had to call them several times and was told every month I pay I have to call them and tell them to put the overpayment to the principal. I have never been late on my payment and I feel like they are charging me more than what I'm to repay. I hope and pray that the company has hardships because I'm sure I'm not the only person they are doing this to.

Volkswagen Company Information