Nissan of Chesapeake

Compare Auto Dealers

Research top Auto Dealers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

We traded in our 2012 nissan for 2014 truck, signed all the paperwork then 10 days later they call and call. They need 5,700 down or bring back the truck. They already switched the plates and all, why do you wait 10 day to do this? Doesn't sound legal and very bad business practices. Have bought 4 nissans at that dealer. So much for customer loyalty. Never go there again.

This was our family's first purchase of a BRAND NEW vehicle. A 2014 Rogue with no working air conditioner! Wow!!! Just got a call from my case manager that Nissan will not repurchase my vehicle. Not happy with you guys. Have been a VERY LOYAL Nissan driver for many years. Not anymore! This is disgusting the way you have treated us and have had the vehicle longer than I have, as I make payments on it! The car has been in and out for service for the third time within the first month! Shame on your company and the final decision maker with his or her properly working air conditioner in this summer heat. I will repost this, my friends will repost this, and so on. The 30 THOUSAND dollar mistake I made putting my trust and Loyalty into NISSAN and this is the thanks! Well, it's really nice to know you don't care about the families that work hard to provide QUALITY for ourselves and children... DO NOT SHOP NISSAN.

Buyer beware!!! How Nissan of Chesapeake got away with charging me $5k ($5,000.00) above the sticker price of a 2014 Nissan Altima S!!! I received a card in the mail from NOC telling me I owned a 2009 Chrysler 300 LX & that my monthly payments were just $270.00 a month. They said they would offer to refinance existing loan for cheaper interest rate or trade in my car offering me 10% more than it was worth, pay off the loan, & give me a deal I could not resist on purchasing a brand new car from them!!! I called them & made an appointment for May 30, 2014!!! The sales team act as though they are trying their best to help you or become your friends when in fact what they are really doing is to get you to drop your guard down so they can become your worst enemy & get as much money out of you as possible!!!

Here is how they conned me into signing a binding contract paying $200.00 more each month for the next 72 months for a car I did not want!!! Initially I was not even looking for a brand new car to purchase but a used truck with a 4 cylinder engine since the car I owned had a V6 which used too much gas!!! It did not take long to discover Nissan does not even make a truck with a 4 cylinder engine!!! Then I was told I could only receive special financing interest rates & vehicle incentive discounts if I purchased a brand new vehicle such as the Altima!!! I was shown what part of their lot to look then I discovered all the colors were mostly white & black but there was 1 that stood out & it was fully loaded with all the bells & whistles so that's the 1 I chose to test drive!!!

I was shocked to discover how this smaller vehicle than my full size Chrysler 300 was easier to handle & had a more comfortable ride plus all the extras - too many to mention here!!! The sticker price was $31k so I was quickly told there was no way I would ever be able to afford monthly payments!!! Since they knew I was now hooked on the expensive Nissan Altima, all I had to do was find a cheaper model that I could afford monthly payments!!! We had to leave the dealership & drive to another crammed lot full of vehicles in order to find an Altima with the color I liked!!! I found a red Altima that only had hub caps, no custom rims & the list price was $23k!!!

I dealt with a salesman & his manager who both kept ensuring me how they would be getting me the deal of a lifetime!!! The manager said he got me 5.5% financing which was far better then what I had on the Chrysler 300 when I purchased that for 8.9 %!!! He then said the payments would be $460.00 a month, never mentioning for how long!!! I told him that was too high. So he said he couldn't get them lowered unless I put some money down!!! I told them I needed monthly payments below $400.00 each month. So he tried hitting me up for $1 grand down which I said I couldn't afford!!! He then asked how much I could afford & they would simply hold my check until the funds were there!!!

These guys are masters @ manipulation, coercion, & wearing you down until you give in! I told them earlier I was diabetic & had not had anything to eat for a few hours so my blood sugar was low. So I guess they knew they could take advantage of me! My initial appointment was @ 1:30pm & this was now several hours later around 5-6pm!!! I told them I could afford $500.00 check but it would not be good for @ least 2 more weeks! The payments weren't reduced under $400.00 but remained @ $416.00 a month! No figures were ever discussed or seen during the entire negotiation! I told them I had just been offered $11k (11,000.00) already for a trade in on my 2009 Chrysler 300 from the exact same dealership. I bought it from less than a year & half ago! The car did not have 1 scratch or dent on it & was in better shape now than it was when I bought it, & I had not even put 10k (10,000) miles on it!

The payoff amount was $12k. So I knew I would only have to make up for $1k difference which would be then added to the price of the Altima! The card I received in the mail from NOC also had a check for $3k ($3,000.00) that could be used towards the purchase of a new car or used to lower the sticker price so I thought I was set! By the time I finally got to the finance office, my blood sugar was so low I just signed every paper thrown in front of me & said yes to everything just to try to get the hell out of there as soon as I could so I could get something to eat! I never left the dealership until almost dark outside which was @ least 7-8 hours after I 1st arrived there! Nissan only offers a 3 year warranty on their new vehicles so I hurriedly agreed to an additional 3 yrs. extended warranty which raised the monthly car payments back up to $460.00 for the next 72 months!!! Gap insurance was also thrown in there somewhere! Again no figures or prices were ever disclosed before or @ the signing of the contract other than only the monthly payment amount!

I cannot tell you just how sick I was 3 days later after I left Nissan of Chesapeake & discovered just how much & bad they had screwed me! They only allowed me $8k ($8,000.00) trade in value on the Chrysler 300 which is the rock bottom price allowed for a rough trade in not a prestige trade in like I gave them! This automatically put me owing the payoff amount of my Chrysler 300 $4k ($4,000.00) instead of just $1000.00 if they had given me the amount that my car was worth! So now NOC can add the difference to the price of the Nissan! They also charged me $2k ($2,000.00) for the extended warranty which is added to the sticker price of the new car! I was never given any so called incentives or discounts as told earlier & no $3,000.00 credit or discount was ever allowed or taken away from the sticker price either! I guess that $3k check written out to me that was included in the card they mailed to my home bounced!

The only thing NOC did do was allow me 5.5% interest rate on financing only because they wanted to charge me $5,000.00 more than the sticker price of the vehicle! They have absolutely nothing to lose & everything to gain by cheating you by getting you to sign a binding contract that if you default on the financier, just simply repossess your vehicle & you still owe the balance of the loan! I just want the public to be aware of Nissan of Chesapeake & how they will screw you if you only give them the chance or opportunity to!

First, I took my car to Hall Nissan on 2/22/2010 and paid for diagnostic to check oil consumption and made them aware of the fact I was burning oil. I was told by Hall Nissan of Virginia Beach to bring back if you keep loosing oil. Then I took to Victory Nissan because when I called them, they told me they wouldn't charge for diagnostic check If nothing is wrong. So actually they didn't see a problem either.

I am not satisfied with the service that I received on 2/16/2010 at victory Nissan. I brought my car in with my initial complaint being that my car was burning oil and I was needing to add 1 to 1 quarts of oil weekly. I paid diagnostic charge of 49.95 and was advised to pay for oil change; which had been done two months ago with synthetic oil with intention to stop losing oil. Victory then suggested I pay for front left motor mount, brakes and oil change. I am still losing oil. I was advised when I picked up my car that I get serpentine belt which I feel should have been replaced when motor mount was being replaced.

I am upset because why would you suggest me to pay for service knowing my motor was bad. I have advised of oil consumption problem and engine knocking noise. I purchased my vehicle 1/3/06. Now my question is, why release my car to me and suggest I bring it back for additional service knowing I have been complaining about engine trouble? Not to mention I paid for detailing job and showed it to technician that worked on my car and he agreed it did not look like any detailing was done to it. I have two spots of sap on my hood that was not even touched. The detailing job cost me $100.00. This level of service is highly unsatisfactory to me. In economic times like these; we, consumers, are trying to extend life of not only our vehicles, but the money we earn as well. As stated previously, why release the car to me when the problem had not been solved?

I purchased a new vehicle and within 24 hours went back to the dealership when I realized they had charged me for an extended warranty and GAP insurance. These two products were not discussed with me, otherwise I would have told them I didn't want them. I went to the dealership to have them removed and they told me I couldn't because I had already signed the contract. Under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, the extended warranty should have been brought to my attention before adding it to the contract. It was not.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan of Chesapeake?

Nissan sold my dgt a car knowing she had no license, no job, no insurance. Car was parked at my home by sales rep and advised not to drive car until license was obtained. They are currently taking her to DMV to take and past test since yesterday 112907. DAven Smith sales manager states she came in and said she wanted a care today lost her license and will obtain tomorrow. DGt states in front of sale rep and mr smith she told them she had no license and no job. Nissan will not void contract.

So I went to purchase a 2008 Nissan Armada. I wanted another Chevy Suburban but the wife wanted something diff. I scheduled a test drive online. I called for directions to the dealership and the person I spoke with told me not to ask for the person that I was supposed to meet but to come and talk to him. I should have gone home at that point but I figured I might get a good deal. So I went and did not test drive anything because I was told that the truck wouldn't come with floor mats unless I purchased them separately, over $200 and that the dealership also charged an additional $1895 on top of the MSRP. So I did not buy anything that day.

The next day I received a phone call from the person at the dealership that I was supposed to see when I went. He was asking if I wanted to reschedule my test drive since I didn't show up the day before. Well I explained what happened and he insisted that I try again going through him this time. Never the less, I did. I arrived at the dealership was greeted and next thing I know I was purchasing a 2008 Armada. Now, here's where it takes a twist. The car had to be brought from a dealership that was over 100 miles away. Of course I did not want a "new" car with over 100 miles on it that I did not put on it myself. So I was offered a maintenance plan in exchange for the mileage. I opted to go with a tow hitch instead. The car arrived the next day, I went to pick it up and it had scratches all around it, it did not have floor mats, that were on the invoice, which I paid for, and the hitch was not installed.

So I scheduled a day to have everything completed and I took the truck home, this was on a Saturday around 9pm. That Monday, I took the truck back to the dealership and dropped it off for the necessary work. The next day I was called up to the dealership to look at the work on the truck but the hitch was not on and some of the chrome parts that had scratches were not replaced. I was told that they wanted to make sure I was satisfied with the work already completed before they moved on; I was ****** but said ok. The next day I was called to the dealership, same thing, but this time I was told that they could not find the chrome for the truck because it was too new, 2008. Now this is one of the bigger dealerships in VA. Still the hitch was not installed; they said the truck was not wired for a hitch. I'm thinking, a 2008 SUV not wired for a hitch? Who cares, it was part of the deal so do whatever you have to do to get my truck to me. Wednesday, I get a call to come to the dealership again. Now there's a prob finding the chrome and who's paying for the wiring, not my prob. Finally on Thursday, I get a message telling me that the dealership is not going to replace my chrome and that they are not paying for the wiring for the hitch. At this point, I am ******. I purchased a car and almost a week later I have only had it for a day and a half. I called the dealership and told them to have my trade-in, a 2005 Suburban, ready for me to take home.

When I got there, I did not want to talk to anyone, I just anted my truck and to leave. But things never go the way you want. I get there and their people are trying to get me to pay for the wiring and take the car without the chrome being replaced AND, my truck was not ready. So I cussed the people something terrible which I know wasn't the most adult thing to do, but I would have gone to jail for what I really wanted to do. I finally get my truck back and it only has one key, not the 2 plus two extra remotes that I gave them. I'd have to wait for the dealership to look for those items, all fine and dandy, because I didn't have their extra key either. I told them that they could make the trip to my house, which I should say is a good 15 min drive way, for their other keys. After I leave, it turns out that I left my tow receiver and lock in the Armada that I only had for 1 day.

Me and Mr. D purchae a car from Victory Nissan on July 4th, three days after we had the car the engine light came on, so I returned to the dealer with the car. I Mr. garvin we to the sales person that sold us the car and he asked if we put gas in it and I said yes. he immediatly said lets go to the car, Harry asked me to open the gas window. So I did and the gas cap was off due to the not knowledge of the way the cap has to be placed to keep it on. So we put it back on, but the light did not go off. Harry had me to drive the car to service and they said they were to busy at the time to take care of the problem. I Harry said to drive it any way the service manager said the the ligh should go off in three days but it didn't. i brought it back to the service manager but they totaly engored me acting like I was invisible.

So i waited for two hours then I left. Came back they next day and they got ugly about the light, still the light was on. I went to they dealer on the fourth day to talked to MGT. they manager was on vacation. so they gave me to some one else after I waited for a long time.

Carlos this guy never told me who he was when he walked up to me and said it was not there problem take it to the service manager. So i did again this time the manager listen to me and them he had some one to look at the car and said after puttting it on the machine that the car need a vaccum hose that would take 10 mintues to put on i was there for three hours. light went off and then todays later the light was back on. I returned to service an was told that they needed to keep the car for further testing, they offered me a loner car to drive until they find the problem.

Two days pasted and they still have not foundd out why the light did not go off. Now it been five days and no one at the dealer would talk to me nor answer my phone calls. I am still driving the loner that suppose to be new that was dirty and it seems like it has some issues. Now it is august the 7th and I paln to go see someone tomorrow without an appointment.

August 20, 2005, we, my husband and I went into Victory to purchase a vehicle. A Nissan Pathfinder. We had a trade-in and $4,500. Of the $17,000+ owed on the trade-in, I was told that they would only allow us $9,000 on the trade-in.

The problem arose when the vehicle they were putting us in wouldn't be available until the upcoming Wednesday(8-24-05), it had to be delivered. We were called the following Tuesday (8-23-05) and told we could pick up the vehicle that evening. When we arrived we were asked to wait while it was gassed up, only to find out that the car was not ready, or cleaned up at at all. We were asked to come back the next day (8-25-05). We came back, only to find out that the vehicle they delivered had 1,000 miles on it already, we declined to pay for a "new" vehicle with that many miles. We were approached by a manager who tried to encourage us to take the vehicle with some compensations, we declined.

We were told to keep the loaner and we would be asked to return again day once Victory found another (Pathfinder) comparable for the same price. We were called and told that they found a vehicle, only to find out that that vehicle cost less. We inquired as to the difference in the amount. Mr. Carlton Samples, a manager informed us that because of the negative equity in our trade-in that the numbers didn't matter and they would pan out. "Take the vehicle, it only has 50 miles on it, he says". We proceed to close out the contract only to find out that the current contract is for the previous vehicle (with 1,000 miles) we asked wasn't the contract incorrect, seeing that it had a VIN number from the previous vehicle? Antoinette, the finance rep assisting us wrote up a new contract, changing the numbers.

We left that night with a new Pathfinder. I inquired about the trad-in being paid off and I was told that we have the amount and it will be done. My bank would be informed of my trade-in and that Victory would be paying it off. They said that the salesman (Justin) had gotten the pay-off from the bank and they would handle it. Mean while I am still getting late notices from the bank on my car loan and through monitoring my bank account on line, I discovered that the car had not to be paid off). I spoke with Antoinette, in finance, who assured me that the vehicle would be paid off by that Friday, the 2nd of September. As of September 6, 2005,I had received 3 late notices on the trade-in, I contacted my bank informing them that I traded the vehicle in and that it was being paid off by Victory Nissan, the bank said that they had not been informed and I was still responsible for the payments. September 7, 2005 I go into the dealership only to find out that Antoinette had been fired because she improperly handled our contract.

At that point I have been referred to Sean, the finance manager who apologizes and assures me that this should have never happened, and the he will have the matter taken care of right away. After he contacted Nissan Motor Acceptance, the fninace company handling our loan, he finds out that they don't even have a contract for us, so my husband and I would have to come in again to complete another contract, the next day (9-8-05). "Dan, the Man" for Victory enters the room offering his apology and a gas voucher. He assured us that this "will" be handled by Friday (9-9-05)and it should have, he promised. He told Sean to hand carry the check to Chartway if he had to,but make sure that this matter was handled. He apologized again for our inconviences and left the room. We were approach by a customer service relations person, who again gave us two more gas vouchers and he to apologized for our inconviences.

Assuming that the matter would be handled after that meeting, there was no for me to move on the matter any more. But that changed when on Tuesday,September 13, 2005 my personal bank account had been frozen because of non-payment on my car loan, still not paid by Victory. I call back to Victory and spoke with Sean. He told me that a check was sent Chartway in California on Friday. It was delivered by currier and should reach them by Monday (9-12-05 afternoon. "Give it a day or two,becasue Chartway takes a while to process their payments he said". I called back on Wednesday Chartway still did not have the payment. September 15, 2005, my car note is considered thirty days late and it is reported to the credit bureau as such.

I speak with Chartway on the 15th, and they did receive a call from Sean at Victory, only to say, "don't count Mrs. Branham's payment as late, it's not her fault, it's ours. He told them that he would bring in the payment. It is Friday morning, September 16, 2005, no payment posted and my account is still on hold. My personal funds are being held up because I have been lied to, and my integrity as a consumer has been insulted. I have never been late on my car note, nor has it ever been reported as late by the bank. Yes, I am furious!

On 02/21/04 my husband and I purchased a 2003 Nissan Altima from Victory Nissan of Chesapeake. We traded in a 1998 Nissan Maxima and put $1506.00 down. On 03/09/04 my husband received a phone call from Victory Nissan stating we needed to bring the car back and could we come in that day. They did not want to give my husband anymore information so I called back. I spoke with David Frank and asked what exactly was going on? He stated Capital One Finance would not finance the vehicle but Wells Fargo would but your payment might go up I'm not sure I haven't worked the numbers yet.

Then he stated we have a few options we can do. Once we visited the dealership that day we waited 45minutes before anyone would even speak with us it was then my husband and I decided we just wanted our 1998 Maxima back and our down payment. When we informed them of this they told us we could not get our vehicle back until Sat. 03/13/04 that is when Dan "The Man" would return (the manager). We were not pleased at this and we were not sure what we could do. They told us to keep the Altima until then but we wanted nothing to do with that vehicle. My husband called Chesapeake Police department and they told us they could not get involved because it was a civil matter so we left. On 03/10/04 we called back to Victory Nissan about getting our car back we spoke to Luke Lombardozzi and he told us to come in and lets talk. We went back in on 03/11/04 only to find out Luke was not there and he turned us over to another salesman again we let then know we were not interested in purchasing another vehicle we just wanted our car and money. Well then they stated they could not find the keys to the car and we expressed we were not leaving until we received our vehicle. After 2 hours they decided to cut a key for our car and we left

Why couldn't they do that when we went up there on Tuesday? Before we left we were told to pick up our check on the next day 03/12/04. I left work at 3:50pm and went to the dealership to pick up the check. Again I sat for 45 minutes before anyone spoke with me and I was told I needed to have verification from the bank that the check I had written for the down payment had actually cleared the bank. By this time I am very upset I questioned Luke why didn't someone let me know this before I got here? I've been sitting here for 45 minutes. His response I don't know. Well I go and get the necessary paperwork from the credit union and my husband meets me back at the dealership. We wait about 20 minutes for them to ask us do we have the carbon copy of the check you wrote? My reponse why do you need that? The bank statement shows what the check amount cleared for. Well there computer showed there was an 86cents difference in what I wrote the check for. My thoughts keep the 86cents and give me my check so I can leave. I went to the car because I was very fustrated and I had to return back to work no matter what time I finished at the dealership. It is now after 5pm and Luke comes jogging to the car with the check and his words were sorry for the inconveince. That is an understatement to me. As you can see this was a nightmare for us and caused us more than enough headaches. My question is why does the law allow dealerships to "float" people in a car for so long before they are told they cannot get the car financed? I would think 24 to 48hours would be fair to the customer.

Why allow people to drive off the lot with a car that the dealership probably already knows they can't get you into? I believe this is happening to a lot of people but they allow the dealership to write up more paperwork which will probably take there payments up more. Even when I was waiting I heard them tell another young lady they could not get her car financed through the original finance company but they found someone else the only thing is your payment will go up $40-80 dollars. Is this a scam to get more money out of people? Why is it they found out the deal didn't go through on Saturday but didn't call us until Tuesday? We have answering machines at home voicemail at work and cell phone numbers. This needs to stop and someone should look into this. The most interesting thing that I found out is Capital One Finance approved our loan so my question is did they decide not to finance the car because the dealership was asking to much money for it? Please help so this will not happen to anyone else. I'm not sure if you can send a response to me on how this turned out but can I receive confirmation that someone did read this. I've purchased 4 cars in my lifetime and this has never happened before.

Nissan of Chesapeake Company Profile