Elite Motors

Virginia Beach, VA

Compare Auto Dealers

Research top Auto Dealers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Walking onto this lot I expected a pushy salesman and half-ass cars, but I received the complete opposite of that. My sales person (Anthony) was amazing and he helped me and my husband out every step of the way!

Great car shopping experience. No pressure sales and I got the best deal in down on my 2015 Jeep Cherokee. On the way to purchase my Jeep my car actually broke down. Not only did the salesman come and rescue me the owner went and got my car and kept it at Elite so it wouldn't get towed.

Consumer Increased Rating!

We went to Elite Motors looking for a Volkswagen Rabbit, they didn't have one so we picked the 2012 Passat they had. We started on a Friday evening and by Sunday afternoon we were processing the financial papers for the Passat. In the meantime they were cleaning up a 2011 Volkswagen Jetta in front of the building, of which my wife and I thought nothing about. After $1800.00 down, sitting in the Passat and happy we were getting such a nice car, and the Jetta was finally detailed, the salesman expressed to us "this is car you are getting". The Jetta was and is ok we thought. The next day Monday, after paperwork was finished and my wife brought the car home we discovered there were several dings in the windshield which weren't seen due to the position of the car in the sun, but once the car was out of the sun and you looked a certain way it was seen, and the air conditioner did not work properly.

We spoke to the salesman and it took us a week before we finally got an answer from him and he told us that the repair for the windshield could be done at her job and she would have to go by the dealership to have the air conditioner recharged. While she waited for the windshield to be filled at work, the repairman called her and said the car would have to be brought to the dealership because he does not travel to homes or job sites to do the work. So my wife brought the car to the dealership and the windshield was filled in there and a few days later the air was recharged. 3 months later, 2 of the filled in dings started to spread and the air didnt change.

When I called the dealership back and explained to them the problems were not fixed I brought the Jetta to the dealership. They looked at the car and saw that the ding in the windshield had spread an 1 and 1/4, and the air in fact was not working. The owner of the dealership said he would pay for the air to be checked and I would have to pay out of pocket half for the windshield. I argued the fact that these were existing problems before the car was taken off the lot, that the inspection was checked off for all factors of the car. He told me that he would only pay for half for the windshield and only the diagnostic check of the air conditioner. As I sat arguing with the owner, he said "you signed the paper saying as is", and his salesman did not write down any problems even though we explained the problems to the salesman. Was this our fault the salesman did not present these problems to the owner?

After having our previous vehicle die due to mishandling from mechanics, we needed a car rather quickly and were very nervous about the whole process. We knew finding another 4wd vehicle would not be easy. When we went to Elite Motors in Virginia Beach, we were allowed to browse and were handed the Carfax report on the vehicle we chose to view before we even test drove it. Joe REALLY helped as well, not only by talking it up, but by sitting in the back with room for his considerable 6'7" frame to stretch out comfortably during our test drive. There was absolutely no pressure felt from any of the salespeople at this dealership but tons of information about the vehicle in general, and the value. We went to several dealerships looking for our perfect new car and not one of them could stand up to Elite's prices and guarantees. I will DEFINITELY be recommending this dealership to friends.

I attempted to buy a vehicle from Elite Motors. After negotiating terms, the final agreement between the dealer and me was $6,880 out the door (taxes and tags included), with a three month/3,000 mile warranty. After attempting to test drive the vehicle (immediately after inspection), the vehicle would not start due to the battery needing charged. I also noted the rear tires on the vehicle had extremely low tread depth. Once the dealer jumped the vehicle, stating “it just needs to run for about 30 minutes" I took it for a test drive. The brakes on the vehicle made me extremely uneasy. While pressing the brake pedal, the front end of the vehicle started vibrating as if the brake rotors were worn or damaged.

I immediately brought the vehicle back and expressed my concerns about the brakes and tires, while noting my confusion that the vehicle had just gone through an "Official state inspection" and these issues were not addressed. The dealer agreed to repair the vehicle and have it ready for us the following day. I returned to the lot the following day. It appeared that all items in question had been repaired. Now I'm ready to sign paperwork. The buyer’s guide was presented to us, which initially appeared to be the same buyer’s guide we originally agreed upon. However, looking at it thoroughly, I noticed the box, as is no warranty was now checked. I brought it to the attention of the sales associate and she stated "There is a warranty, but let me check with the owner". The sales associate consulted with the owner and stated “The owner is no longer going to warranty the car due to the money already put into the car for brakes and other repairs."

After expressing my disappointment to the sales associate about changing the terms of our agreement without informing me and removing the warranty due to repairs made to the vehicle for safety reasons, the owner decided to talk with me. He stated “My sales associate should have told you that I decided not to warranty the vehicle.” I stated that those were not the terms agreed on and I would not buy the vehicle without a warranty. He asked for more money for a warranty, I disagreed, took my check and walked out.

Elite Motors attempted to deceive a consumer and influence a purchasing decision through misrepresentation of an advertised warranty and altering paperwork prior to signing without informing the consumer. Now had I been an inexperienced buyer, I would have ended up with an unsafe vehicle without a warranty. I believe they have a buddy system with a state inspector and they are possibly altering terms and paperwork, prior to signing, without notification of the consumer. Clear case of bait and switch and false advertising! I wasted paperwork and man hours considering the loan was already prepared and the check made to Elite Motors from Navy Federal Credit Union. I wasted time and gas money making three trips from Norfolk to Virginia Beach to the dealership.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Elite Motors?

Elite Motors Company Profile