4.8/5 (164 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About Uproar.car

Uproar.car provides transparent and affordable auto warranties. It offers no-haggle plans that are available 100% online as monthly subscriptions. You can sign up for coverage in less than five minutes with no pushy salespeople or phone calls. The company offers a 90-day money-back guarantee.

Pros

• $1,760+ in annual membership perks
  • No pushy salespeople or calls
  • Pick your repair shop
  • No waiting period

Cons

• Preexisting conditions not covered
  • Vehicle must be 10 years old or newer

Bottom Line

Uproar.car offers extended auto warranties through an affordable subscription starting at $14.99 monthly. The company provides transparent pricing and coverage, and you can get a quote and sign up online in minutes.

What is Uproar.car?

Uproar.car is a technology company that advertises a focus on a modern approach to the traditional extended car warranty marketplace through transparent pricing, coverage and practices. The company's goal is to create a simple, trustworthy and affordable warranty experience.

Uproar.car cuts out intermediaries in order to pass along savings to customers. You can get a quote and sign up instantly online 24/7. It also offers a full suite of worry-free car care plans for things like your tires. All plans come with a mobile app which makes it easy to view coverage, start a claim and get roadside assistance instantly. Memberships also include an auto concierge, Car Cash, Fair Repair and more than $1,760 in discounts on dining, car maintenance, shop and travel.

How does Uproar.car work?

With Uproar.car, you pay a monthly subscription fee for coverage. Once you sign up, your rate is locked in for three years. There are no long-term contracts and you can cancel anytime without a penalty.

Sign-up is 100% online, and you’ll never receive an unwanted sales call from the company. If you have questions about coverage options, Uproar.car’s customer care team can help.

When your car breaks down or has issues, take it to a mechanic of your choice and Uproar.car will pay the bill directly for all covered repairs, minus your deductible. Start a claim in the mobile app or by calling prior to repairs.

Uproar.car warranty costs

Uproar.car’s warranty pricing varies based on make, model, mileage and coverage selected, with an average plan costing between $20 and $45 each month. Additional coverage options for tire and wheel protection start at $10 a month.

Uproar.car’s free instant quote tool lets you know exactly how much you’ll pay, and you can compare plans side by side to see what components are covered. Vehicles must be 10 years old or newer and have fewer than 120,000 miles at time of sign-up to qualify.

Uproar.car FAQ

Does Uproar.car have month-to-month contracts?
Yes, all its vehicle service contracts are monthly and come with no cancellation penalties or fees.
Can you get a warranty quote on Uproar.car’s website?
Yes, you can get a free, instant quote and sign up 100% online. Uproar.car claims not to employ pushy salespeople or make follow-up calls.
Does Uproar.car let you customize your coverage?
Yes, you can choose between multiple tiers of coverage to select the coverage that’s best for your needs and budget.
Can you choose your own mechanic with Uproar.car?
Yes, you can go to any ASE-certified mechanic and Uproar.car will work with them directly.

Is Uproar.car worth it?

If you want the peace of mind an extended car warranty provides and don’t like being stuck in a long-term contract, Uproar.car is a good company to work with. It’s forthcoming about its policy costs and what’s included in its plans, so there shouldn’t be any surprises. Its hassle-free claims process also lets you choose your repair shop, and because Uproar.car pays the shop directly, you don’t have to stress about covering costly repairs while waiting for reimbursement.

Uproar.car Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Uproar.car?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Uproar.car?

Original review: June 24, 2021

Uproar was reasonably easy to deal with, although there were small things like getting dates right, a few things took a couple of back and forth, and things I was promised in the sales by the sales guy were not ending up in the contract. So, I was a little disappointed with that. Also, it's a whole different standard of how they deal with customers today. Somebody my age is not really used to doing everything on a computer. In ways, it's easier, but I'm used to talking to a human being and having back and forth and then having what we talk about where promise is made or we can do this or we can do that and then actually having it end up on the contract. I'm halfway across the country dealing with them over the computer. I suppose it's easier and more convenient, and they can market to the whole nation instead of locally.

The only thing is they have all these escape clauses, and I really suspect that in the time of need, they're really not gonna be there. With the proliferation of used vehicles now, these aftermarket warranties and service plans become a lot more popular. They advertise them as, “Oh, yeah, just get our program here, and you'll never have to worry about any mechanical repairs.” If it really is going to be just that simple, it’s gonna be just like a manufacturer's warranty where you just take it in and they fix it instead of doing a research job on how they can get out of fixing it, then it'd be a good deal. Uproar is a fairly new company. They don’t have as long a track record. I went away from the ones I originally looked at because every review on one of those companies was that they didn't pay off. If I ever am in need of Uproar to step up and fix my car and they do it, I'll be singing their praises far and wide.

Uproar.car response

Hi Marilu! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this feedback for us. We take everything into consideration to make sure our customers have the best experience possible. We appreciate you putting your trust in us!

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 15, 2021

I liked the coverage and the pricing that came from Uproar.car. They're probably a small company, just because when I call a phone number, that's an 800 number, and you tend to get the same person on the phone. That was unusual. But overall, it was a good process. It seemed their emails asking me to upload a video of my car starting, and the dashboard lights was a little glitchy in that I got multiple emails each asking me for a slightly different thing. That confused me a bit.

For instance, one of the emails asked me to take photographs of my tires and the tread, and my understanding was that was not even covered. So, I called them and they were like, “Oh, no, that was sent to you in error.” They apologized, and it was fine. Easy onboarding process. It was a couple of pictures. And they walked me through the whole process. Every single person I've talked to was super friendly and very helpful. They made sure that I got everything done that I needed to make sure that the coverage was activated. When I called to sign up, I didn't realize that they had a special going where you got your first month premium paid. And the person that gave me the quote let me know about that, which was good customer service, because I didn't ask for a discount or any kind of special. But she said, “Oh by the way, your timing is good because it covers the first month.” It was good to know.

Uproar.car response

Hi Rupa, thanks for your review! You hit the nail on the head - we are a small company and we really want to provide the best experience to our customers, so we truly appreciate your feedback. It's good to know what kinds of changes we should be implementing as we grow. Thank you for putting your trust in us with your vehicle!

Original review: April 29, 2021

I researched a ton of companies and I went with Uproar because the application process was super easy. I got an instant quote. Everything that was covered was outlined in a nicely laid out pdf on their website and I didn't get that barrage of pressure and super-strong sales pitches from a person on the phone. The guy from the other company that I looked into was horrible. I don't like to be treated like I'm stupid. This guy took it to the point where I was almost yelling at him and then he would yell back at me. I had to hang up on this guy. It was not a good experience. On the other hand, everything with Uproar has been great. It was all straightforward.

I haven't had to file a claim yet, but my experience with Uproar so far has been simple and fast. Plus, the website was easy. The only thing that would be nice to know ahead of time is that you will need to take specific pictures of your vehicle and upload if you choose to sign up and you apply and pay for their services. I got that email after I paid. They said, “We need to have these by X amount of time.” I had to take a break from what I was doing during the day, go take those pictures and send. It wasn't a big deal, but they should let buyers know that that email is going to be coming with those requests.

Uproar.car response

Thank you for your review, Rosalyn! We believe that a rep should be available to help guide your purchasing decision, not pressure and hound you relentlessly. We're sorry you had to experience that with the other guys. Welcome to the Uproar.car family!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

I had a service contract from a previous company, and it was four times more expensive than Uproar.car. The price point made a difference because I was able to insure both of my cars for half of the cost of just one. Getting signed up has been extremely simple, but I haven't heard anything from them yet that my car is being insured at this time, so I still have connect with them and find out. They set me a date before I can start utilizing it, but I wanted to make sure everything's all online. At this point, I'm praying and hoping that the whole process to go with this company is the best move for me, but so far, I'm happy.

Hello Michael!

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It was a pleasure speaking with you recently. I'm glad that we could reassure you that your coverage for both vehicles is active. Please don't hesitate to reach out anytime you need us. We are here to help. Thanks for being part of the Uproar.car family!

Best,

Stephanie

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

I've checked out a few providers over the years. The heavily marketed ones like CarShield and Protect My Car are a little outside of budget and if you look at reviews, they don’t stand behind their service that well. I had a Malibu at the time so I wanted to get something 'cause it kept giving me issues. I came across Uproar and it seemed like a young company but the pricing seemed competitive. There’s no sales call and no huge upfront cost. It’s a decent low monthly payment. I haven’t gotten to use it yet but so far, it’s been a good experience. It’s straightforward getting signed on.

The Malibu got T-boned about two months ago and I got a new car. I canceled the old policy and a new policy was created for this vehicle. While I was waiting for my tag to come in, I had uploaded all my documents. They wanted a picture of my license plate, VIN and keys. They wanted a picture of the vehicle starting, looking at the dashboard, so they could see if any lights are on. Because it was a new car, I was still waiting on the plates so I sat on it for a little bit. They called to make sure everything was good. I explained to them that I was waiting on the plates. I didn’t have to make a payment until I uploaded the documents.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2021

Great concept and business plan, was getting screwed by Carshield, couldn't switch quick enough. Thank you, your coverage is so extensive for such a small cost. It is unbelievable. This is so good I'm going to apply for a job there. What a great company.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

Car in question:

2014 Ford Fusion SE 1.5 Ecoboost
    Roughly 73k miles at failure

Coolant intrusion cylinder 3 completely blown needing long block (whole engine basically)

After initial research and many calls requesting what is and is not covered I was satisfied with what their "Great" coverage had to cover (highest tier) and signed up when I had 62k on my car and my Ford's dealerships CPO warranty was getting ready to expire. I looked online pretty much everywhere for mixed reviews but couldn't find any so this is my experience.

On September 18th my car had a engine failure while driving to Best Buy. I managed to coast into a parking spot anyways. I launch the app and hit start a claim/request roadside assistance from the app. I proceed to wait for a response for someone to show up for over an hour. I then called to follow up and got a voicemail for customer service (4-5pm on a Friday). After 3 or 4 calls got through and the operator said she didn't see anyone being dispatched and set it up. 2 hours later someone shows up with a flatbed to tow my car to Pep Boys (had to take an Uber home as they couldn't give me a ride) (per Uproar's recommendation for a reduced deductible). I called ahead of time and they said it's dealer only for motor work so I had it towed home as I was unsure which dealer to take it to.

Had it towed first thing Saturday to Ford and emailed uproar claims they said have them do a diagnostics to find the reason. Coolant intrusion in cylinder 3 complete engine replacement required (Extremely common on Ecoboost 1.5/1.6/2.0 engines). After about a dozen calls to their claims line they finally said, "We need a teardown to verify this." I approved teardown and reached back to uproar no less than 20 times after the dealership has done their job. I'm getting invoiced for a $2100 teardown cost since uproar and their 3rd party insurer have ghosted me. I am still waiting on approval for a replacement engine and have not heard a single followup from anyone.

I keep a meticulous record of my vehicle being serviced at the dealership for oil changes or service so I don't know why they're dragging their feet trying to get an out. Word of advice is go through the dealership when buying extended service contracts or warranties because then you can go to the dealer if you have problems. Found out company only in business since 2019. Total cost of replacement (not including teardown) roughly $8200. Cost of rental over $2000 so far. Uproar if you're reading this please do reach out to me. Maybe I got lost in your guys' paperwork who knows? I'd love the update my review to a five star.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

Just signed up for Uproar.car! I chatted with a Representative online and had all my questions answered! After a few pictures and short video of the car it was done! Looking forward to a great experience with a great company. Definitely recommend!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

Experience was good. They work with you and is will to cover my car. I like to thank them for their work & everything they do for our community. This means a lot. I can’t wait to use my Coverage & see the many thing I’m Covered for.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

Andres was amazing in the whole signup process quick and easy. Thank you for the amazing service provided and looking forward to working with you all the time. Keep up the good customer service always. I enjoyed my service with Andres. Amazing.

Uproar.car Company Information