Sterling McCall Toyota

Compare Auto Dealers

Research top Auto Dealers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I went to the dealership to test drive a car on or about 3/26/16. We were unable to reach a deal, so I left the dealership. After I left, the dealer called me daily promising a "good deal". I had already stated my budget when I arrived. I was called in on or about March 25, 2016 to come and buy my car. After 4 hours, I was informed that the check system was down and that I would have to come back and re-do everything. The next day, there was an error with my check. I was told that I would be given my new car and they would hold my trade in. On 3-30-16, I signed for my new car. The deal doubled my requested budget and added $700 to my down payment of $3,000 making my monthly $1,100 and some change.

The entire time, I stated how uncomfortable with this deal I was. I was told by my salesman John ** and family member friend ex salesman David **, how I could trade in or refinance in a year and not to worry. I signed for the car on 3-30-16. I visited Sterling McCall in person and called on March 30, 2016 and March 31, 2016, to cancel the sales contract on the Lexus RX350 that was made on 3/31/16. I also requested that the 2010 Nissan Maxima that I used as a trade-in be returned to me. Each time, Finance Manager Dennis informed me that he would be unable to return the vehicle because Toyota Financial now owned the Lexus. Dennis stated that the "legal document was binding". Dennis also stated that the 2010 Nissan Maxima had already been sold. When asked about sale details, he was unable to provide any.

As of April 8, 2016, Sterling McCall was showing the 2010 Nissan Maxima as available for purchase for $11,993 online. On April 9, 2016, Ferris **, a Sterling McCall representative, after conducting research, confirmed that the 2010 Nissan Maxima was in fact available for purchase and not pending any sale. A review of the Installment Sales Contract revealed that I actually signed an agreement selling a 2010 Nissan Maxima, VIN # **. This resulted in a negative equity amount of $5,299.99 which was included in the financing for the 2015 Lexus RX350.

On April 13, 2016, a vehicle history report revealed that VIN # ** in fact belongs to another Nissan Maxima with a title in New Jersey and a current lien from Wells Fargo Dealer Services. This VIN # is not the correct VIN for the vehicle Anthony ** owned. Therefore Anthony ** never signed any legal documents transferring ownership to Sterling McCall Lexus for the 2010 Nissan Maxima that I owned. Thus, Sterling McCall does not have a clean title for my 2010 Nissan Maxima.

On April 14, 2016 I had my attorney send a demand letter to the dealership specifically to Jerry ** addressing my concerns. He never responded back, but he did contact my father in law David ** who then called my wife and I along with his daughter saying if I didn't drop this that he would not be able to get his job back. I think these practices are extremely deceptive and outright wrong.

My 2010 Toyota was in a flood in May. I bought my Toyota from Sterling McCall and had it towed to their facility for the flood repairs. My insurance adjuster had posted pictures of my car, one where they had stripped the carpet and padding out. When I picked up the car I felt the carpet and it was a little damp but dried. I went through a Car wash that washes the undercarriage. Two months later I dropped something in the rear floorboard only to discover the whole rear was saturated with water. I also discovered the front passenger side to be saturated. This explains why the smell never went away. I think some drain plugs were left off. Now I'm waiting to see what the diagnosis is. I DO NOT TRUST THIS DEALERSHIP ANYMORE!

I had my Honda towed in on June 9 and heard nothing from service department, after many calls with service not answering the phone, I was told that my car was not there. I had waited till June 12 to check as I was sure I would hear from them, so was really concerned about where is my car! Had to call tow company and they had all information. Said it was parked about 25 feet from main service entrance and an employee had helped with unloading. With this information they found my car, but it was the following Tuesday, June 15 before they advised of needed repair and said the part would not be available till the next week. They left a message on my phone the following Monday, June 22 that my car was ready. I had tried to return the call to my service advisor, **, with no answer on his phone again. I live 38 miles from dealership and it was Wednesday before I had a ride into town to pick it up.

Immediately on starting I noticed the check engine light and the brake warning light was on, back into the office and finally talked to a very helpful, congenial employee who looked up my papers and the service tech had noted that additional work was needed. Of course parts were not available, they did arrange for a rental car for today and a promise that parts would be in today and car will be ready. I hope that happens, it is now June 25. Basically no communication I would have like to have known that additional work was needed and saved myself all the time and expense of trying to pick up on June 24. I need a new car, but would never purchase from a dealer with this kind of service. After spending $1500, it better be fixed!!!

I had negotiated the price with the Sterling McCall Toyota salesman (Matt) for 2 days over a brand new 2015 4Runner. Matt sent me an email 12/30/14 (6:54 pm) and left a voice mail with his best deal and instructed me to contact him if I would accept the offer. I called him shortly after 7:00 pm and said I would accept the deal/offer. We agreed that I would come to the dealership the next day, Dec. 31st, at 10:30 am to finalize the paperwork and payment. Twenty minutes before I was to leave for the dealer on the 31st, I received another email and voice mail stating that the 4 Runner was sold the night before. I replied to the email indicating that we had a verbal contract and that their business practice was unprofessional and unethical. I then received a telephone call from the Sales Manager apologizing for the issue and said it was only a verbal agreement and that I could have the vehicle if I wanted it. He said he would give his word. I said your word means nothing and I never want to do business with your dealership again. RUN AWAY FROM THIS DEALER LIKE THE PLAGUE!!

Let me start by saying I am not the complaining or pestering type. In mid July I purchased a Audi from Sterling McCall Toyota. I stopped by on a Thursday night and test drove the vehicle. The car was in great shape however, I heard a little whining noise and was told by ** and ** (pre owned manager) that was the turbo on the vehicle. ** ensured me that those cars are put through vigorous inspection. I asked that they run a diagnostic on the vehicle to make sure and they both assured me they would have the vehicle looked at before I drove the vehicle off the lot. I pick the vehicle up the following day around 5pm and by that night the check engine light comes on, I take the vehicle back to Sterling McCall midday on Saturday. ** in the service department comes out and greets me. I tell him about the problem he turns they key on and off and messes with the gas cap. Then he asked that I bring it back during the week.

I bring the car back on Tuesday and drop it off with **. They had the car until Friday only to tell me that the vehicle needed a new catalyst converter. ** calls me and says if I like they can fix free of charge or reverse the transaction. I opted to keep the vehicle because they ensured me they would fix it at no cost. ** then calls and advises me they would order the part and will be in next week. The week came and went no call. I called a few time a week after and between ** and ** the part had not come in.

3/4 weeks later I go in and sit in the service department for roughly 2 hours while ** looks for the file that he can't seem to locate. He finally comes with some papers and says that all the old orders were purged from the system and that he had to reorder the part. I accepted that and left I called a few more times and no part still had arrived. I went in again and ** looked confused this time. I ended up taking the vehicle to get serviced myself. Horrible customer service and very dishonest dealership. I would never purchase another vehicle from the company or any of its affiliates again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sterling McCall Auto Group?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

In June, I took a company owned vehicle in to Mike **, Assistant Service Manager. The problem was that the FOB could be programmed on once and then the FOB would work only once. He took the car back to the guys who work on the FOB and they said I would need to bring the car back. I brought the car back and they tell me that the Receiver in the car is bad and that would cost $500.00 total to get the FOB to work. We decided that was too much money to spend on an FOB.

This past weekend, the employee of the vehicle took the same car in and had other work done on it and mentioned the FOB again. This time they charged him $50.00 to replace the FOB. The RECEIVER IN THE CAR DID NOT NEED TO BE REPLACED LIKE I WAS FIRST TOLD. I am a woman bringing the company car in. This was a male who brought the same car in and he got much better service than I did. THIS IS VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. You all should check into how you do your business because it definitely needs to change!

I bought a 2008 Nissan Armada with 15,000 miles on April 5, 2010 and I also bought the extended warranty good for 7 years or 100,000 miles. My truck broke down today and I went to the dealership so they can fix it but they said that it was already expired. The truck only has 51,000 miles right now. I called the financial manager but he hangs up on me and doesn't answer the phone anymore. I called the warranty company and they said that the people from Toyota made the mistake and they are the only ones who can fix it but they won't help at all.

Upon completion of our conversation yesterday, I was under the impression that everything possible was going to be done to get me into a vehicle! I thought that was our agreement! After lowballing my trade and not getting me even close to where it looked like Raul made an attempt, I have decided that this is the MOST insulting slap in the face way of doing business that I have ever encountered, in the 23 years of my professional careers working for 4 fortune 500 companies! On top of everything else, the same sales manager that insulted me the first time threw fuel on the fire the second time! $23,000 for a trade on a 2012 vehicle with half the miles that my other vehicle had, with newer tires, no busted windshield and an upgrade to an SR5 package is JUST INSULTING! This is what they were going to give me for the other vehicle and you're telling me they were equal in trade?

For what it is worth to your dealership, I will ABSOLUTELY tell every single person that I talk to in southwest Louisiana, Central Louisiana, all of my co-workers and every person I know about this triple NEGATIVE experience! I happen to sell food to most of the restaurants in these areas. Most of them are members of the Louisiana Restaurant Association, which has multiple chapters! I want to specify just to be clear this will be my opinion solely and not that of any of the mentioned parties! Word gets around, sir! On top of it all, as a salesman that has customer service in my veins, I hope his conscience gets the best of him! I know I wouldn't be satisfied, knowing my customers felt this way about me after a negative situation! I sure wish we could've stuck to what we talked about yesterday. Just parting ways because of a difference in money was our agreement. Evidently, Raul missed the memo!

This is my first review ever. I seldom share my thoughts about my experiences publicly as I generally find word of mouth sufficient enough. My sister had a good experience at Sterling McCall Toyota, so I thought I would have a similar experience based on referral. During price negotiations everything went smoothly: the vehicle we picked was right for our needs and the price we settled on was fair. The salesman and I finally agreed on a deal, the manager signed off on the purchase price and we shook hands and filled out a credit application. Lo and behold, a few short minutes later the car we were dealing with was sold to another customer despite the fact that we had just taken a test drive and were in possession of the keys. I was in disbelief because a dealer as big as Sterling McCall should know how to manage their business.

Then the manager, **, came by and blamed us for the situation because we took too long negotiating the price. He did not want to admit he was stringing us along so we can waste 2 hours of our time negotiating over an arbitrary car that is no longer in existing inventory. This manager who clearly did not know how to manage his deals had the audacity to blame the situation on us, the customer! Let’s just say we wasted 4 hours at this dealership and came home with nothing! I highly recommend you to stay away from this place if you want good service and to know that every time you shake your hand on a deal, the vehicle is yours and not the person next to you.

My 19 year old son purchased a vehicle on what was quoted as a first time buyers program. He provided all the financial information requested and gave a required $5,000 deposit. The deal was completed. We were notified much later to provide a written statement of earnings from his employer and we did so. We were again called to come into the dealership and was told that he did not have sufficient income and would need to pay an additional $2,000 or have his mother co-sign. The treatment at this meeting was deplorable with threats and inuendo, accusations of providing misleading information, etc.

When everything including a sample of six months of pay statements were provided during the initial meeting, he was told to also make the first payment in the amount of $352 which he did and we have a copy of the cancelled check. However, this payment has never been credited to his Toyota account and numerous calls have been generated with no results. As this was his first credit attempt, the interest rate is 18% unsavory sales tactics and misleading promotions resulted in my son having to pay an additional $2,000 of his college money and apparently losing the $352 which they have failed to credit to his account. This is the worse possible experience for a young man who worked an entire year to save for this vehicle. I now question the entire transaction. Was the $2,000 needed? Where is the $352 of his first payment? These people are crooks! and everyone should be informed.

Dealing With me manager at Sterling McCall Toyota was an extremely bad experince, because of the following Dan M. gave me and My family a very racist and unplesant treat, telling us the understanding that we did not had money and that we were waisting his time, racing his voice in a rude way, argued with me the costumer. it caused a mental damage in the way that theres a dislike for this person and for the dealership itself.

, I went to the dealership with the intentions of purchasing a vehicle. I knew exactly what I wanted as far as color, make and price range. I located the car on the lot and proceeded to purchase. I was originally at a Suzuki dealership in which I was told by Owen Rachal son that I should stop by SMT and speak with his dad because he felt as though he could help me with my purchase. Owen's son called his dad while I was on the lot and told him that I was coming in.

I proceeded to the dealership with high hope that Owen could and would be willing to help me. I needed his help because my husband filed bankrupt on his business but because the car that my husband drives is in my nane, it showed up on my credit report. But I felt as though Owen would try to work something out on my behalf. I didn't want to test drive the car because we have had 3 toyota camrys and they are excellent cars.

I first felt belittled brcause there were about 8 white salesman and Allen was the only black one and this is who Owen hand picked for me to be my salesman. Allen rushed me through some of the features in which he didn't tell me anything about the car being a hybird. My husband is a Ford salesman and he is the one that explained the feature to me. I filled out the application, the entire time all I was being asked was how much money can you put down. My reply was 'let me see what you can do for me.
he called me and his words were do you have any questions.
am Tuesday morning and I have yet to hear a peep from Allen or anyone else at the dealer ship. I couldn't not even rest. I don't understand! I thought a dealership was in business to try to sell/help people get cars. Maybe this dealership caters to only a certain clientale. I now feel as though I'm being looked over and being treated very unfair. I didn't do anything to desire this kind of treatment. All I did was attempt to buy a car. Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere!!!

years old and I have made a place for me in society so I feel as though I am just as/or as better than the next person. God created man in his image and it doesn't matter who we think we are for if we think that we are something when we are nothing, then we deceive ourself. I leave the end result up to you and I pray that you do unto me what is due me.

Well today 03/12/2007 my son and I went to this Dealership to look at a new Pickup for him.we got there about 2pm parked and no one I do mean no one came to see if we needed any help or had we been helped. We sent an hour walking around the lot then went inside still same results no Help.

Why? I still hate to say this we are BLACK no one asked us if we been helped or been helpd.

This is the way I been treated after I have already bought two brand New Cars from them!!! In the 2000 I purchased a brand new toyota Tundra off the show room floor, Then in 2001 I putchased my wife a brand New Toyota Sequoia. I come back 6yrs later to purchase another vehicle and treated like a nobody. My son said see daddy they just puled up and the salesmen rushed to them as they parked.

Why? Oh they were not Black!!

I don't see why or how I got look over today, it was not a lot of customers ther today and the salesmen were just standing around. Well I guess since I was not in a suit and tie I was not a customer of intrest. Also no one even spoke to us as to say Hello, Hi or we will get some with you in a second, nor ask us can we help you!!!

This was a real bad experience for my son in trying to purchase him a Toyoto pickup.Sterling McCall Toyoto has really let me down as one of the better dealerships in Houston, TX. This is still depressing to go out in todays world and still see trends of the 60's in this time and day. I been send ing them customers for years since I bought my two Auto's there. This will all stop now. I'll let all my friends know how this dealership is!!!

I have a 2001 Toyota Tundra Limited V-8 iforce... 2nd owner... had for 3 yrs.
I have always thought that the brake shake was the anti-lock brakes that were doing their job... hmmm...

My brakes have always shaked, so I just live with it... that would be great if they would recall the rotors...!!

But, I am upset about having to replace all of my oxygen sensors... one of them was replaced a second time within a year. Then my differential was leaking... leaked fluid all over my rear brake pads, my spare tire, aswell as my driveway... I was afraid something serious could happen if that thing locked up on me while driving! Luckily, I had paid for an extended warranty... and forced the dealership here in houston to use that... which they hated...

I feel sorry for those people who didnt have the ext. warr.; I was instructed from friends in the auto repair business not to get it... since the Tundra's had a great record yrs. ago... good thing I didnt listen to them! =o) I still love the way it drives, coming from driving sports cars all my life... C'mon Toyota... you guys are dropping the ball on a great truck....!!!

First I was promised a 2004 Toyota Coralla for $10K with ttl included. Then Lam did bait and switch to an '03 car and then he tried to sell me a wrecked car. I talked to a man who knows about cars, and he laughed when he heard how absurd this car buying has become for me at Sterling McCall, and he advised
me to call and cancel the deal I made today since it is $2000 over trade in value for an '02 Corolla, so I paid too much and to do so within my 72 hr time period. When I contacted Lam to get out of the contract, he told me that there is no 72 hour period to get out of car contracts.

I don't have much money, and I need to budget very carefully for each penny, so paying $2000 over the trade-in value and then the extra loan amount makes a very hard situation for me financially.

Dear Mr. Sterling McCall,

I would like to believe that I am one of your valued customers of Sterling McCall Toyota. We have purchased two vehicles from your establishment. We have done all our maintenance on our car at the Sterling McCall auto shop department.

Today my husband and I made a purchase on a Toyota Tacoma truck at Sterling McCall Toyota from one of your Internet Managers Mr Max Dinh. This is our second vehicle we have purchased from Sterling McCall Toyota. The first time we bought are new car was from you, a 2000 Toyota Camry, and we were extremely appreciative of the service that we had received. The sales representative was nice and extremely helpful. We brought the car at the sticker price without any haggling and left very satisfied customers. We were excited to pay off the Camry to we could return and purchase another vehicle from you.

Today we went to look at your trucks. Mr. Max Dinh greeted us and asked if he could help us and I told him yes. I let him know that we were interested in getting a Toyota Tacoma. He asked us what we wanted and we told him exactly and took us to the truck we asked for. The family and I got into the truck to go for a test drive. I was going to sit in the back with the children but he insisted on me sitting up front.

While we were test driving and having conversation he pulled the sticker price off of the back window and started reading us all of the options the truck had. I didnt think anything of it. We went back in to discuss what our options were.

He told us that the truck was $28,000. We thought that was way to much and out of our price range. Then of course more haggling. He convinced us that he was working real hard and got us down to $24,000. He wanted to put us in a lower Toyota Tacoma (Not the Off Road one that we have) for our asking price but we wanted the one we test drove. So he agreed to it. But we would have to take off the Safari Package on it.

When we drove it home we found the sticker to the truck Max Dinh tore off when we were test driving. He ripped off the little corner of the vehicle total. It had the subtotal before discount of $23,820.00 and the after the Extra Value Package Discount of -$570.00 the Total which he removed but its obvious the total is now at $23,250 for the truck we were sitting in. We just paid $24,000 and we were going to get the Safari feature removed too after paying $750 OVER the asking sticker price with ALL of the features that were currently on the truck!

I am so upset that your sales person would try to sell me a car way over the asking price by lying to us and making sure we didnt see the sticker price on the truck. I feel, of course, that this is very bad business. We really trusted that Sterling McCall would treat us fairly and this was a very unfair, unjust way to be treated.

We love the truck, we really do, but can not fully enjoy owning it under the circumstances of how we were lied to considerably about the value of the vehicle. I know that he was just doing his job but he did it unfairly and unjust and sent me home with the biggest feeling of buyers remorse.

first of all my dad does not speak english and when we went to sterling mccall toyota a car salesman started helping us and got us involved in getting a loan my dad started signing papers not knowing what they were about and gave a 10,000 deposit on a toyota rav 4. my dad thought that by doing that the payments would be low but they lied to us and said that after a four year contract the car would be paid off.

later on we notice that the bills mentioned the word leased so i call and they informed us that this was a leased and that we have not bought the car.

we gave 10,000 down payment for a car that will not be ours is just a leased. the people at sterling mccall toyota lied they said that after making the payments fo 4 years the car would be ours and that is incorrect.

they took advantage of us. they said that they could not do anything and that we lost our 10,000. this happened in december of 2001 on a 2002 rav 4 and the monthly payments are of around 375.00. this gives a lot of stress because we feel that they took advantage of us and we are paying for a car that is not going to be ours.

The toyota website directed me to them as being nearest to my house. Their web-site said build your car and get msrp price, also fill out finance application and get response in 2 hours. Not once did they call or email me without my contacting them by phone. I had my price and car from net info and Juan said the sticker price was 32,000 not 27500. I told him he was wrong. He also told me I would get 0% financing. I later found sticker in glove compartment-30160.00.

I told Juan I was going to another dealership. Juan's boss Scott called me and apologized for Juan, said he had just been promoted to internet sales manager and he needed experience-in reading or telling the truth? Scott said he would give me his best price, 27773. I said OK.

I got there and all was well until finance man-Pedro, I believe it said manager by his name- then told me financing would be 5.5%. I told him about what Juan said, he called in Steve, he refers to as the big boss, and Steve had trouble with keeping Juan and Scott straight and their current jobs, but Steve apologized for what Juan had told me saying he was mistaken. Then finance man Pedro gives me a lower interest rate if I agree to buy gap insurance, the platinum protection plan, and disability insurance. He said my rate would be 4.75% that way and the money I would save on lower interest would pay for all the necessary add-ons.

I went home the next day and got my calculator out and I am paying about 1000 more his way. Also he added up the price with sales tax of vehicle and when I did it I noticed a discrepency of 385.00. I called Pedro and he said they automatically added that 385.00 to everyones price to cover extra security protection they had added. I am going back over there when I get control of myself.

I bought a RAV4 from Sterling McCall back in 1996. I know this was 6 years ago, but it still makes me angry to this day.

I told them I wanted to buy not lease. They kept pushing the lease and finally they presented it in some way that I accepted the lease. What they never mentioned was the large balloon payment at the end of the lease. I forgot how much but I know it was over $1,000.

I paid much too much for the car I purchased. I was surprised at the end with the balloon payment which I had to finance ending up costing even more money.

They were dead-set on pushing those leases and it ended with my having very bad feelings and resentment against this dealership.

The only positive side of this is that the car is wonderful even after 6 years and over 100,000 miles. This is of course due to great products made by Toyota and has nothing to do with the wretched dealers at Sterling McCall.

On February 3, 2001, I signed a contract and drove off Sterling McCalls Toyota's lot in a stolen vehicle. I was not called back to the dealership until February 12 to inform me of this situation. Speaking with a Sterling McCall representative I was informed that this car was stolen by an employee and later retuned unnoticed. Speaking with an officer I was informed that this car was reported stolen on January 2.

I have also been informed that the vehicle was previously a Hertz rent-a-car. At this point I do not want the vehicle and I'm being harrassed to complete a Title Release Form for my trade-in. I have spoken to five representatives s including the manager of customer relations. All have continued to avoid my concerns and refuse to apologize. They have not provided me with any information related to the status of the vehicle as of now either.

This has been a horrible experience. I have suffered emotional damage. My level of concentration is limited at work and home. I was put in a very dangerous situation

Sterling McCall Toyota Company Profile