Meador Dodge-Chrysler-Jeep

Fort Worth, TX

Compare Auto Dealers

Research top Auto Dealers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

The repair service center resolved an issue on my 2013 Dodge Charger, but caused another issue. I took my car in for a no audio issue. They re-wired one of the fuse boxes in my car and now the Uconnect module is blown out. I paid $660.00 for the first repair and now they want to charge me $1000.00 to install a new Uconnect module. DO NOT take your car to this repair center they do NOT know what they are doing and will continue to cause issues that will require more and more money to fix.

I took my new Jeep Cherokee to Meador for a problem with the transmission. It was there for almost a week and when I picked it up, I drove it less than 10 miles when I had the same problem occur so I returned it to the dealer and they kept it again. I was told that they would have to drive it and "train" the transmission since it had been "flashed" on the previous visit. While this seemed a bit inane, I left my Jeep with them again on a Thursday evening.

On Saturday, I received a call and was told that my Jeep was trained, but that the service manager wanted the transmission specialist to look at it one more time on Monday and then I should be able to pick it up. I received no call on Monday, so Tuesday I called them. I was told that I could come pick it up, after listening to much bantering back and forth on their end as to whether or not it was ready. When I arrived, I was told that the paperwork was not ready, but that they could give me the vehicle and mail the paperwork to me. They brought the Jeep around and when I got in, I found that not only was it filthy on the outside and inside, but that it was on empty (it had been taken in with nearly a full tank), but the bigger problem was that they had put 490 miles on it.

When I took the vehicle in on Thurs. evening, it had 622 miles, when I picked it up, it had 1112 miles. I was told that it took that many miles to "train" the transmission. These people was reprehensible. I really do not believe that any of this training story is true but I do believe that someone had a good time in my new Jeep during the weekend. A vehicle that had never had anyone in the back seat suddenly had scuff marks on the back of seats and doors that were not there. A technician who was driving it to "train" the transmission should not have been hauling around people in the back seat. Beware of leaving your vehicles at this dealership.

I went into Meador in response to an ad found on fb. I spoke with salesman melvin ** who supposedly help me get into and financed on a 2015 used Chrysler 300. After taking my 1500 dollar down payment from my debit card I was financed and sent on my way. After a few days of them calling me requesting I send them, pay stubs, bank statements, proof of insurance, ectopic. I was told I would have to return the car bc my check stubs were fake. What? I was told to take the car and signed a contract which they kept btw, and then told to return the car?

When I showed up to return the car on the day they told me to return it, I was told that the finance manager Omar ** was the one holding the deal back bc he did not believe my paperwork was legit. What?! Why let me get the car then? Very bad people here. Once he told me this "There is no problem sir, you are financed. I was not putting the deal through bc I wanted to protect the dealership from any shady deal." So I'm shady now? I'm pissed by this time. He tells me "go ahead and take the car, it's yours." Oh hell naw!

I ask to get me 1500 dollar down payment back bc I no longer wish to do business with them. They respond by telling me if I back out on the deal they were charging me .33 cents a mile for mileage used. Never did I agree or sign anything that says I would have to pay for their mistakes. Omar said they normally do that. I argued that they must have something in writing to take that money. Regardless they took 350 dollars from my down payment and I'm currently still waiting for the refund back to my bank through my debit card. My bank says there was never a refund transaction done. I'm very disappointed with this dealership and considering suing them.

Took my 15 Rubicon for its second service. It has 13k miles on it. Was told it would not be covered under warranty due to excessive off-roading! There is no way. I told them not to repair anything not covered under warranty. Went to pick up vehicle and was charged a diagnostic fee!!! Took it to another dealer who verified there was not even a problem! This dealer is trying to really do the customer wrong. Beware if you attempt to get repairs done here.

On 3/18/2016 Devon **, JD and a man named KUTZ conspired to beat me out of over $25000.00. These people tried to sell me a Ram 1500 that had been wrecked! They failed to mention the damage until I found it myself during my inspection. Had I not found it they would have taken me for $25000.00. Do you have $25000.00 you want to get beat out of? This is the place to go.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Meador Dodge Chrysler Jeep?

My truck has been in the shop for almost 6 weeks now. They keep saying they have to order more parts. They did not get the parts list right the first time? I have no other vehicle to drive. I filed a BBB complaint a week ago and Meador never responded. I am sorry I ever took my truck in for service at this dealership. They obviously do not care about the customer.

I had a 60 month battery purchased 36 months ago that had quit on me. First I contacted the parts dept who told me to talk to the service dept. The service dept told me to contact the parts dept. Back to the service dept who finally found me in the system after telling me I was not in the system. It seems rules have changed since I purchased the battery and 60 month batteries are no longer sold and now I am required to have the original paperwork although numbers and scan codes are on the battery. Service said things were now fine after days of talking and checking with the manager... and sent me to parts again. Parts says they can't scan the battery to which I reply... Why is that "my" problem? They still insist that I come up with paperwork as they can't find me in the system.

After arguing to no avail and being told things like "I've been with Chrysler 27 years"... Still nothing and no way is the warranty is now good unless "I" produce proof of purchase paperwork. The end result was that they wouldn't have honored the warranty anyway as only "one" warranty replacement can be pro-rated and this one was prorated 3 years ago due to battery failure. Somewhere in the fine print Chrysler is protected if their merchandise is faulty beyond hope... They will replace it only once. So if... as happened to me... their shelves are full of faulty merchandise... It's "MY" problem... Not "THEIRS"... After just having purchased a new Chrysler to the tune of $over $42,000>... I am now quite concerned. If this company has designed their warranties to protect them from repeat failures... I can only hope I am not a statistic waiting to happen... Buyer beware.

The used car department is the worst in customer service and sales. It took them 1.5 hours to find the car, then they could not find the keys. Turns out an employee was driving it and put an extra 5,000 miles on the car. It also smelled like fresh cigarette smoke. Then they proceeded to tell us that they could not lower the price on the car very much ($500) even though it had 5,000 more miles than advertised. Talked to CJ the manager about what they could do and he said that they could not lower the price any further. Then I asked him why did he allow an employee to put 5,000 more miles then? He had no real answer. DO NOT BUY A USED CAR FROM HERE! Kudos to Bud the salesman, he tried his best but management was not customer focused at all.

Went in to have my first oil change on my 2013 ram 3500. And the next day, I went to pull my truck out of the garage and oil all over the floor and i have carpet or at least i did have called the dealer. They said "Bring it in and we will fix the leak." So I was nice enough to tighten the oil filter and add close to a gallon of oil I guess and took it down to the dealership and then said "Well, we did see the oil leak on the passenger side, but it couldn't have leaked that much oil." I said "Well now you're calling me a "liar". I saved you a tow to the dealership paid for more oil to put in the truck," and the service manager said, "Too bad about your carpet, you're on your own." So now we will be in court. Thanks.

We went down for a promotion they were having. We test drove a car. We went to claim the prize, which was a gift card from Walmart. We sent for it on July 18, 2011. We were there on the 16th, on a Saturday. Anyway, after several months and several phone calls, no one can help us. And now they want us to buy a car from them.

We took our car on 23 Aug 11 and was not told that I would have to wait for two to three days. I have called them since Thursday to check my car and I talked to the service manager. He told me that I would hear from them on Friday. I called Friday and the service adviser, Robert, told me to check later that Friday afternoon or Saturday morning.

Today is Monday and I still have not heard anything from them. A family member of mine went there and my car was still sitting outside. On Sunday, I told the service manager that I have a seven-week old baby so we need our car. They didn't offer a loaner car or anything. I know that other dealerships would offer loaner cars after the second day. I am very dissatisfied. I have spent a lot of money with them just this year alone. I always take my car to this dealership..

On 5-15-10 at 8:30 am, I took my 2009 Chrysler Aspen into the service department due to my passenger front door not closing properly. The service advisor, Darrell **, informed me the door had been sprung due to someone pulling it back too far or maybe high wind got behind the door. I told him I could not recall anyone pulling on the door or high wind getting behind the door. He told me I need to take the vehicle to a body shop for repairs. I asked if the warranty covered this type of repair; he stated no. I asked if there was someone else I could speak with at Meador. He referred me to the service manager, Corky **, who would not return until Monday.

I met with the service manager Corky on Monday, 5-17-2010 at 5:00 PM. Mr. Corky examine both doors, took the mileage (25,990mi) and stated he would get with check with his boss and Chrysler to see about repairs. I gave him my phone number. He took also the VIN and stated he would get back with me no later than Wednesday (5-19-10). Due to service manager not contacting me on Wednesday, I called Meador Chrysler on Friday am (5-21-10) and left a message. Due to no response, I e-mailed Meador Chyrsler Jeep on 5-22-10. I requested to speak with the general manager in reference to warranty and customer service.

About 1:00PM on 5-22-10, I received a phone call from Jess in customer service. Jess stated the dealership did not have a general manager. The dealership has directors. Jess referred me back to the service manager Corky. I ask Jess if I could speak with the owner. He stated no and that he will speak with the owner on my behalf. Jess stated I should hear from Meador by Monday, 5-24-10.

On 5-25-10, I received a phone call from service manager Corky. He requested I bring the vehicle back to Meador Chrysler Jeep on Thursday or Friday. I took the vehicle back to Meador Chrysler on Friday, 5-28-10 at 7:35am. Mr. Corky stated they would diagnose the vehicle for possible repairs. I also requested a 3,000 mile oil change.

I received a call from service manager Corky at or about 11:35 am. He stated the vehicle was seen by the contractor, First Choice Collision Center out of Arlington, Texas. The Collision Center stated they would need to remove the door, replace the hinge, and flatten the panel near the hinge. Mr. Corky stated the dealership nor Chrysler would cover the damage under warranty because of possible wind damage. I again informed Mr. Corky that there is no known occurrence of wind damage verified by me or my wife since we purchased the vehicle.

When I picked up my vehicle, I received an attached preliminary estimate of $660.45 to repair the door. On or about 5-29-10 or 5-30-10, I sent an e-mail to Chysler Customer assistance Center requesting assistance with my warranty issues and complaint. The website stated there was a backlog. On 6-10-10 at 8:52am, I contacted Chysler,Customer Assistance Center and spoke with Donna who stated there was no record of an e-mail. Ms. Donna stated Chrysler's hands are tied because the dealerships are the owners of the warranties. If they say damages or repairs are no fault of the manufacturer, then they are not obligated to make repairs.

I informed Donna that I pay over $700.00 a month for my vehicle. Chrysler or Meador should assist me with payment for repairing the door. Donna referred me to another dealership (Holt Jeep Chrysler of Arlington,Texas for warranty coverage).

I purchased a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. It only has 88k miles on it and I have 3 broken window motors that caused the windows to all fall down in the door within a few months of each other. Now i went to get the Jeep inspected and they are telling me it wont pass inspection and the Computer for the Jeep is going out???

Meador Dodge-Chrysler-Jeep Company Profile