Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

69 Don McGill Toyota Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 24, 2014

Last Saturday around 4:00 PM, I went to buy a car and found one - it's 2008 Honda CR-V blue color, I liked it and it was nice. It does have 91000 miles on it, but listed online 56000, after we asked about and drove it, we find it does have 91000. We talk to someone there and I really not going to say his name 'cause he was nice salesmen, not his flute, he said someone posted wrong and they not going to sell it to anyone so I left not happy and the car still posted wrong online. So you guys do not care about your customer, beside you should, because it's a reputation for big dealer. Have a good day.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2014

Bought a car there in June, just today, November 16 to be exact, I got the title. Called, sent emails, wrote, went by, nobody ever returned a call, email, whatever. Been buying cars for 50 years, about the worst experience I ever had. These folks couldn't care less about anything after you give them your money.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Sept. 24, 2014

I drive 5 hours to buy a car. After we signed papers we left to go back home 5 hrs. 45 miles out the car starts shaking so I pull over and I have a flat. I call my salesman and all they can do is to look for somebody that can help me. I go to get the spare out and tools, I realize there are no tools or a jack. Luckily there is a man at the gas station that had tools and a floor jack.

In the morning when I go to stop my kids off at school, another tire goes flat. The guy at Firestone tells me that the wheel had a pin. It had a big Crack that had been welded. So now I have a wheel with a Crack and another with a hole in it. The dealership offered to give me $100. What a joke. Wouldn't even offer to pay for the wheels or the ruined tires. All they could say was that the car was drivable when I left and that it could pass inspection so that's all they could do.

I traded in a 2005 Escalade in very good shape with no problems, brand new set of tires and very nice wheels and I got a car with 2 bad wheels, a messed up tire, low on antifreeze, a molding that was coming off, fog lights that stopped working and brakes that started squeaking already. Worst experience of my car buying life. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM. Make sure if you do to buy a new car.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2014

When my car was damaged, I decided to take it to Don McGill Toyota with the belief that I will receive quality care. This was not the case. As I was at the service desk waiting, nobody asked if I had been helped, or needed help after five minutes. After being directed to Candy **, I was informed that she would need a breakdown of the estimate. I decided to call the insurance company and have the breakdown faxed to Candy. After three days of my car being in the shop, I was informed by Ms. ** that Candy was out sick for the day. Ms. ** pulled my file and stated that there was no estimate breakdown. I offered to call the insurance company and have the insurance company e-mail me and if I can e-mail her the breakdown. Ms. ** agreed and responded back right away that she had received the estimate and will place it in the file for Candy.

Candy ** looked at the estimate and stated that my vehicle will be ready in about a week. As a week progressed, Toyota Rental called and left a message, asking about the status of my vehicle and extending the rental. I do not work for Toyota Body Shop and had no idea when my vehicle would be ready. I decided to call Ms. ** and she was unavailable and I was asked to leave my contact information. After nearly three hours, I decided to contact Ms. ** and I was able to speak with her. Ms. ** asked for my e-mail address and stated that I will receive updates via e-mail through the repair tracker system.

After the new targeted delivery date of 8/20/2104, I received another call form Toyota Rental asking if I need to extend the rental again. I asked the agent, if she had spoken with Ms. ** because Ms. ** informed me that she will correspond with the rental company about any extensions. The agent stated that Candy ** did not correspond with them and that I should contact a supervisor of the body shop. I was then placed in contact with Michael. Michael stated that he will speak with Ms. ** about the update of my car. Michael also stated that the Toyota Rental agent should know who Candy is because she's been working at Toyota for about a month. Michael continued to state that the agent should have walked to body shop to speak with Candy **. Michael stated that my vehicle should be ready by Thursday, 8/28/2014 and if not then by that Friday.

Friday, August 29, 2014, around 1:30pm, I called to speak with Ms. **, after receiving another call from Toyota Rental inquiring about an extension on the rental. The lady that answered stated that Candy was unavailable to speak, but she spoke with Candy and Candy stated that my vehicle would be ready today and that I would receive a telephone from Candy. As 4:50pm approached, I had not received a phone call from Candy **, so I decided to call the body shop. Maria from the body shop answered and asked for my insurance, last name and first name. I informed her that Candy is the service advisor that was providing updates about my vehicle.

Maria placed me on hold for nearly ten minutes and stated that Candy is unavailable and to leave my number and she will call back. I informed Maria that Candy has failed to return phone calls in the past and is there a supervisor or an individual that can assist me. Maria stated that the supervisor was busy with a customer and that she can have Candy to return the phone call. As 5:30pm approached, I had yet to receive a call from Candy **, so I called the body shop and there was no answer. I had the operator call and she stated that nobody answered the phone. I asked the operator who do I need to speak with, in order to make a complaint and I was informed customer relations.

Karen from customer relations has been the most helpful individual from Don McGill Toyota. Ms. Karen stated that she tried calling the body shop and that she will walk over to the body shop personally to find out what is the status of my car. Ms. Karen called back and stated that she spoke with Abby, because Candy was gone for the day and Abby stated that the vehicle was ready. It was 5:50pm at the time, which was not enough time to fight Houston traffic to return the rental and pick up my vehicle. I explained to Ms. Karen that because of the breakdown of communication between Candy ** and myself, as well as Candy ** and the Toyota Rental agents, that I am now responsible for another day of car rental, that could have been completely avoided. I further explained to Ms. Karen that I am paying for the car rental out of pocket. Ms. Karen stated that she is going to place me on hold to find out how she can further assist me. Karen informed me that her supervisor was out and that she will leave a note with Sahara about the issue.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2014

Don McGill is falsely telling potential customers that they will receive a $25 gift card simply by visiting their dealer and test driving a vehicle. I contacted Don McGill to inquire about a new car purchase about two weeks ago. I spoke at length with a salesperson and discussed details regarding my potential purchase by telephone and via email. We are not able to agree on a price and decided to wait.

I subsequently received at least 8 emails and 5 telephone calls from Don McGill requesting that I visit their dealer and test drive the vehicle, including an email from the general manager asking for my feedback. In return for my visit to their dealer and test driving a vehicle, I would receive a $25 gift card with no commitment to purchase any vehicle. The gift card was an incentive but I was more concerned about the price of the vehicle.

I made the decision to visit the dealer and discuss my interest in a new vehicle in person. Upon arrival, I was greeted by a salesperson. I informed him of my intention to purchase a new vehicle and also provided him a copy of a personalized voucher that I received from Don McGill regarding the $25 gift card. The salesperson quickly indicated that he knew nothing about the $25 gift card voucher but would check with the Internet Manager. The salesperson returned after a few minutes and informed me, " We are out of gift cards, sorry, we have too many people coming in today... We gave them all away... But it's not that we don't believe you...or that you don't want to buy a car...but you know how it is. Come back next week...we may get some more." I was in disbelief and concerned about salesperson's supposition regarding my intent. His tone and demeanor was less than professional and condescending. More importantly, he totally disregarded the intent of my visit, which was to test drive a new vehicle that I intended to purchase. Shame on you and your deceptive practices, Don McGill. The gift card was actually going to be donated to local charity and not going be used for personal use.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Don McGill Toyota?

Original review: June 17, 2014

I got into an accident and Farmers direct me to Don McGill Toyota at Katy. I gave them a call and the lady told me to bring my car in anytime before 6 pm. Brought my car in the next day, and told the front desk guy (Jose) that I brought my car for repair. He then told me that if I'm with Farmers, they won't take in any more appointment until next week, which is a week from now. I called Farmers to see if they have another place I can bring my car in. She then asked to speak to the front desk guy. After a brief talk, he gave me the form to fill out. After I filled out, he made us wait almost an hour until we asked another guy how much longer we have to wait. The other guy then said that he didn't see our name or form. He asked another guy and he had the form right in front of him. Avoid this place if possible. Will never go here for anything else in the future.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2014

On Feb 19th, I went into the service department at Don McGill Toyota at 7:15 pm to have my oil change and a gentlemen by the name of ** stated that between 7pm and 8pm the service department is for pick ups only. When I explain that I check the website and also look at the door it states the hours of operation is 7am to 8pm and ** stated again that from 7pm to 8pm is for pick up and for the mechanics to clean the service area so they can leave at 8pm. I also explain to him again that when I came in August after 7pm to my oil was change with no problems. Needless to say I was turned away without my oil being changed. Horrible Customer Service.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2014

Don't take your car here for vehicle repairs. They will do 80% of the work, damage your vehicle, and then claim it's supposed to be that way. I'm now looking at the reviews trying to figure out how I can get my vehicle away from them and to another more reputable body shop. And before anyone thinks my review too harsh, they repaired my vehicle. Replaced the front bumper. I can remove the bumper with my pinky. Its a Ford Truck. I don't think it would have passed a safety inspection if you could remove exterior paneling with just your pinky. Stay away!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2013

All I'm going to say is I'm not happy with the work that the body shop had done to my car. The manager is rude and he was yelling. Sorry, I will not be back.

Original review: July 2, 2013

My car got hit and I was asked to pick where I wanted it fixed at. I picked the above because it was closer to my home and job, and I use a Corolla 2010. I had been instructed by Farmers Insurance to rent a car at Enterprise, but I was convinced by the above company to “conveniently” rent theirs. I picked the rental on Tuesday. The rented Toyota Camry had tire pressure lights on by Monday morning, so I dropped by there after work in the afternoon to get it fixed. That was when I was told my car had been ready since Friday... no phone call/calls, no text message/s, no voicemail/s.

And I am expected to pay for the rental car from Friday till that Monday afternoon! My insurance company, Progressive, called me about it, and I was told I owe Don McGill nothing! Since that March 2013, I have been getting harassing calls from some girl/s there, and today they put a debit of about $300 to my account claiming I authorized it!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2013

The Blind Spot Monitoring System was continually giving warning all the time when driving the car (2012 Camry Hybrid XLE). It took Don McGill and Toyota over 6 weeks to finally get part and make repairs. There was a loud popping noise in the roof. It took Toyota 2 months to repair this structural design problem. They had to pull the headliner, rear glass and sunroof out of this new car to add bracing and support. We will see if I have to return the car again.

Every warning light came on in the car. All dash lights stayed on continually. They did not have parts to make this repair either. After a 3-hour wait, I was told to just drive the car. This is with no speed control, no ABS, no BSM and other safety features not working. I was told to be careful driving for 4 days while the parts were to come in because Toyota does not provide loaner cars. Oh my goodness, Toyota has deeply fallen. Sorry to say.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2012

My car was in an accident. I called Don McGill and spoke to them about fixing the car. The employee that handled my car's claim was really nice and keep calling wanting to hurry up and get my car in. I thought this was going to be great. Then they got my car and did not want to take care of all the issues that happened much less even call me or return any of my calls. They pretty much said they couldn't help the fact that my car was 9 years old and probably had the issue prior to the accident.

I tried to explain to them that my car only had 100,000 miles on it and they could look at it and tell that I took really good care of it. The only way I could ever talk to anyone there was to make a trip to the collision center which I had to do three separate times. I then decided to start dealing with the manager which was no better. He was just as rude and not helpful. Needless to say, when I picked my car up, it still had issues and I have found other problems. I am very dissatisfied and would not send anyone there.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2012

Date of sale was on November 9, 2012. Deceptive business practices - I am writing you today regarding deceptive business practices from the car dealership Don McGill Toyota in Houston, TX. On November 9, 2012, I went to the dealership looking to purchase a vehicle. I traded in a 2011 Camry due to a recent accident. I informed the salesperson that I wanted to get the best deal and financing rate for my car and the new car. I informed the salesperson that I did not care for the 2012 Camry body style. The salesperson pushed the 2012 Camry on me saying that is the only way that I can get the 0% financing with a trade-in, if I placed a $3,000 down payment. As the deal proceeded, I was given an estimate for my trade-in and a price for a new Camry at $27,000. I informed the salesperson that I wanted my car payments less than or at $500. Upon closing the deal, I had to wait an hour and 30 minutes to be seen by the Finance department.

Later, I reviewed the materials and noticed that I was financed for a $29,000 2012 Camry at full retail price, after I clearly stated that I didn't care for a fully-loaded Camry or a car that would cost my payments to be over $500. As I picked out a car, I do recall asking if the car was in my budget and asking the price and the salesperson stated that the car was going for $27,000, but, in the end, it was at $29,000. About two weeks later, I contacted Toyota Financial in reference to my account and my previous account. Toyota Financial informed me that they had not received any information in reference to either one of the cars that I had done business with Don McGill with. I proceeded to contact the pay-off rep and she was unable and she later sent a message to me through the salesperson. The pay-off rep never returned any of my calls after several messages were left for 2 days. I later visited the Katy Campus and spoke with a rep in the Finance department and they informed me that the day that I called in requesting information about my account was the day that the rep in the Pay-off department processed my information.

Therefore, the rep avoided my calls because she had not properly completed and processed my information. In the end, I am financed for a 2012 Camry SE for $36,000 which is in no way what I wanted or clearly asked the staff of. I returned to the dealer and expressed my dissatisfaction for the financing and the deal and they stated that there is nothing that they can do. I truly feel that the salesperson gave me a horrible deal, nor was the deal in my best interest but in the interest of the salesperson. I feel as a female the salesperson took advantage of me. At this point, I am so dissatisfied and disgusted with Toyota. I would never refer Don McGill and, at this point, I have no interest in Toyota products. I later did additional research into the rates and specials that Toyota had in effect and I come to find out there were other options that could have been in my best interest.

For example: Toyota has a certified used car program that allows: "Get 1.9% APR* for up to 60 Months on Camry; 60 monthly payments of $17.48 per $1,000 financed* Offer ends 01/07/2013. Offer available on approved credit to qualified customers through participating AR, LA, MS, OK and TX Toyota dealers and Toyota Financial Services on all certified used 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 Camry. Only a limited number of customers will qualify for advertised APR. No down payment required if qualified. Delivery must be taken from available dealer stock by 01/07/2013. Offer available in AR, LA, MS, OK and TX. See your local participating dealer for other finance program limits, qualifications and terms. Toyota Financial Services is a service mark of Toyota Motor Credit Corporation." Not one time did this salesperson offer me this incentive. I am truly disgusted with the service I received from the Don McGill staff members as well as the financing I received.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2012

I bought a used Civic. When it was time for the oil change, I took it to my nearest dealer. $700 for an oil change, McGill had used the wrong screw and stripped it. Just starting the complaint process. I will keep you posted.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2012

Deceptive business practices - My name is April **. I am writing you today regarding deceptive business practices from car dealership Don McGill Toyota in Houston, TX. On May 07, 2012, I went to the dealership looking to purchase a vehicle. I applied for financing on a vehicle and later that day, I was informed that I was approved for the vehicle. I obtained insurance the next day and took them my down payment. I signed a bunch of contact paperwork and drove away thinking I bought a new vehicle.

On June 7, 2012, I went to the dealership because I had not received my payment book - I knew that I was due on the 8th - to inquire about making my payment. This is when I was informed that I had not been financed and was asked if I could return the next day and reassured everything would be taken care of. The next day, they tell me that I was secured financing with a different company, and signed a new contract. I was assured everything was taken care of for sure this time.

A week later, I had changed my number and moved to a new apartment so I updated my information with the finance company. Two weeks later, the finance company asked me to fax them recent pay stubs and my lease, which I did. The last week of June, my family and I went on vacation. While on vacation, my father-in-law informed me that I still had not received a payment book nor my registration.

I contacted the Finance Manager of the dealership. I informed him of the situation and the fact that my registration was expired. He called me back three days later to tell me that the finance company did not approve me because they had no way of contacting me. I informed him that that was untrue, that I updated my information, that they in fact contacted me on the updated number (I still have my fax to the company). My landlord informed me that they spoke to them, which was the only information available on the fax.

A week later, the Finance Manager stated that he had financing and could I send him a utility bill and recent pay stub. I explained I was on vacation, but that my spouse was on a working vacation and sent a copy of utility bill, spouse's pay stubs and a picture of my expired registration to the Finance Manager via email. I called and emailed the manager after and never received any type of returned communication until today. When the financed manager called, it was asking for the return of the vehicle.

I cannot drive this vehicle related to the registration being expired. Because of this, I have not been able to return home. We lost our jobs back home for failing to return when we stated. No one will transport the vehicle since it's not registered to me nor can I drive it across country unregistered. This dilemma has been a nightmare. It has caused a great amount of stress as well. I thought I bought a vehicle and that it belonged to me. I'm am now out my money as well as transportation. Even though he states that they would supposedly return my down payment, I have no guarantee of that. Plus, the added expense of travel costs will mean that I will have to use that money to pay those travel expenses instead.

Had I known I was never really approved, I would have never given them my money nor driven off the lot in this vehicle. I thought that you should be aware that such business practices are taking place. That Don McGill did a poor job of keeping the consumer aware of what was going on. That as a consumer, to be made to believe that we own a vehicle on a dealership's gamble is unfair. To lose out because they failed on their end is not my fault. Not once was I informed that ownership was conditional and not guaranteed. Thank you for your time.

Original review: June 13, 2012

Don McGill of Katy, huh what a joke. Simply stated they took 52 days to process my paperwork and the only reason they did on the 52nd day was because I contacted them once again. I leased a vehicle with Don McGill through Toyota Motor Credit on April 21st. As of June 12th, there's still no record of me leasing the vehicle. I tried to make my first payment in May, was unable to because basically, I did not exist! Wow! Amazing. Needless to say, Don McGill dropped the ball and royally screwed up. I spoke with three different people there and they were all rude. One of the finance guys called me a **! Wow, now that is real genuine Texas hospitality there! I would make a strong suggestion that if you are reading this and pondering the idea of going there, erase that idea from your medulla oblongata or go on down the road.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2012

Don McGill Toyota told me that I needed to have my brakes and brake pads replaced. After taking it in 6 times to have them fix the grinding noise they still couldn't fix it and blamed it on a "machine." I got tired of taking it in and had to have someone else fix it. My CD player has "error" on it so they replaced my CD player with a "new" radio/CD player. It doesn't work either. It says error, too. I was told it would take all day to fix it and they couldn't rent me a car. They said they don't do that to install a radio/CD player. Don McGill is where I bought my car so I've used them for the past 2 years and I won't go back. I need to replace my CD/radio so I don't have a choice but to go to another Toyota dealership.

Original review: May 12, 2010

I purchased an extended protection plan on my 2007 Tundra lease that I was told was a Toyota warranty to cover 'dents and dings' that occur during the life of any lease. As my lease is nearly up I decided to get some minor repairs carried out. I called the number to be notified that 'scratches' are not covered - only panel dents with no damage to paint. This was definitely not communicated, either clearly or unclearly. Now this is a policy costing over $50 per month over the course of a 36 month lease - i.e., $1800. It’s a total rip-off and extremely disappointing that Toyota would allow its dealers to perform in this manner. I expected a lot better from both Toyota and Don McGill. I have 3 Toyotas in my household. There will be no more additions.

Original review: April 24, 2010

I took my 2007 Corolla to the dealership where I bought it from, because it made noise every time I would run over a bump. I had an extended warranty, but they told that the piece of metal that covers the gas tank was loose and that the warranty wouldn't cover it. They told me to call my road insurance and tell them that I damaged the car so they would repair it, which I refused because I consider that as a fraud.

The repair was estimated to only 300 dollars but I refused to pay, because I have never damaged the car. So, I asked to bring the car back to me. Once they brought it, the car was constantly making a very loud noise. So, I told them to give me my car in the conditions I brought in. As soon as I told them that, they all walked away and refused to talk to me. The only thing they said was that they would put it back the way it was only if I would let them fix it.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2010

"Life of Ownership Repair Warranty" doesn't exist at Don McGill Toyota of Katy Collision center. I had an accident last December and I sent my car to be fixed at Don McGill Toyota of Katy were I bought it in first place. I finally got my car back after more than a month of repairs. It ride ok at the beginning but not too long after, I start hearing a rattling noise coming from the engine compartment. I found the source and went back to this place to get use of my "warranty" and repair it. After they look at it, I was told a new part has to be ordered and they won't pay for it. It's completely their fault not to find this broken part and replace it, but they don't want to honor the warranty. Fortunately, I still can use my car, but the noise is annoying.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2010

I took my 2009 Toyota Matrix to Don McGill Toyota 11800 Katy Freeway to get collision repairs after an accident. The car has been there since January 5th. Today we're on the 19th and after 3 attempts to fix my car, today, I went to pick it up and my car has not been fixed right. So the body shop's manager comes out there and rips off a piece that they have been trying to glue back and the reason my car is still there and says they can't fix my car twice for free. So after arguing with me and my dad, he started screaming and yelling saying the insurance had not paid them yet when the check had been cashed and all they need is my $100.

I was supposed to pay but my car has not been fixed right and I want my car fixed because they say they won't pay for my rental anymore as if it's my fault. They don't know how to do body work. I have been yelled at and I've been patient with their bad service. Why can't they understand that all I want is what I'm paying them for? For the times I've been told my car is ready, I wasted time and gas money going back and forth. had to pay the babysitter and extra 10 dollars every time. I went there a total of 3 times and how many more times am I going to have to go back? This is like a nightmare. I expected better from this place.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2009

Bought 2 cars, signed, next day someone called saying that one body can not buy two cars. End up ping pong communication with 'finance' people, finance manager, finance director, sales manager,bad communication with them, everyone saying different story. never return phone calls too.

2 days later I decided tired of hazzle and decided to return one car and get my trade in car back, and get over with. Made the arrangement and drove 30 something miles from downtown Houston. When I get there, suddenly they changed their mind and said arrogantly I can not return the car. I already made some arrangement with some other parties, to sell my old car and buy a new one from them. Really pissed me off. And they never say sorry not one bit. O yeah, one of the car it's 2010 Toyota Camry also have some noise, ticking problem just one day after I bought it. Very dissappointing service and experience, I would never buy Toyota again and will tell everyone I know not to buy one, especially from Don McGill Toyota Katy Texas. Most arrogant was new sales manager, Mike Roush. And not helping at all.
Original review: April 14, 2009

This happened in April 2005. I went to buy a new car and wound up with a Certified Pre-Owned Corolla S. I signed all the paperwork and on the paperwork that I signed there was no deposit. When I went to pick up my copies of the paperwork, someone had changed and added a $350 deposit and also forged my initials and signature on the paperwork. I contacted Don McGill and they waived the deposit, but I never received any information as to why my initials and signature were forged. I have faithfully paid each payment on my car to the finance company. I have thought about filing a forgery lawsuit against them, but realized it is probably too late to do that now.

Original review: March 31, 2009

Vehicle started out at $27,843. Start doing paper work they tell us there is an orange paper that should be there that is not, so the actual price was $29,408. Salesman tells us he is going to bump the price down -$2000.00, Plus we were going to receive $500 Rebate,$2000 for a car trade in plus i had $3000 cash to put down on the car. Then the dealer tells us he is knocking down the Vehicle $1000 instead of the $2000 which i argued but he tried to take it back saying no he was giving us $2000 for the trade in, i still argued then gave up on the arguing. Then i asked what we were approved for and he kept sayin they're taking care of it We asked about the finance rate and he said he would beat the 9.7% rate that our bank approved us for and if he could not, he would knock an additional $1000 off. Finally I am told my payments would be between $475-$490 so im somewhat ok with this. We get back to the Finance Manager and he starts going over the paper work. Tells us the payments would $590 a month. I tell him No, he quoted me $490 a month. So then my Fiance asked what the INtrest rate was and he says 12. something %. So then we tell him, no Ceasar told us he was going to match our old intrest rate or he was going to knock off an Additional $1000 SO THEN the finance manager says, well im going to do you a favor, and he knocked the intrest rate to 10.something% and asks if thats ok, we say no, he still said he was going to knock off the $1000. We tell him to call Ceasar in the room and ask him about it, in which he does and Ceasar says, yes, knock off another $1000.

Original review: March 30, 2009

Feb 9th my mother went to Don Mcgill because there was a problem with her car. They diagnosed the problem and told her the work it needed. I told her to call Sterling Mccall Lexus to see if they could do the work for the same price because they would offer a rental car. She called them and they said they could do it and would offer a rental. BEFORE she authorized Don Mcgill to do any work she called them and told them she was going to pick it up and take it to Sterling Mccall to have them do the work. They told her that there would be a $410.00 charge because of what they had already done. She picked up the car and took it to Sterling Mccall and they completed the job for about half as much as Don Mcgill wanted to charge.

I later called Don Mcgill and had them tell me over the phone that they would never charge more than $85 for diagnosing a problem. I have the phone call recorded.
Original review: May 17, 2008

I leased a car from the dealership, left a $1000 check with Brooke and told her that I would call her Friday 5/9 and let her know if I gotten the money transferred to my account so the check would not be insufficient. I called her Friday and told her that I was having somewhat of a problem getting the money because we had a lot of financial obligations to meet. She said she would check with her mgr and call me back.

I never heard from her so I decided to call her again. I did tell her that I was still trying to get the funds together and I just happened to mention that my husband said it was somewhat of a bad time to try to but the cae, maybe we should wait. I told Brooke about the conversation my husband and I had and her response was how long do you think it will take you to get the money because we can't wait another month or two for the money.

I then told her I was trying to get it together and I asked her if she talked to her mgr about the problem. She said no, he wasn't in on the said date but it was someone there she could talk to and she would call me back. Never did one time Brooke tell me that my check had already been sent to my bank. I checked my account online and found out it was cashed which meant all of my other bills which will hit the bank will be insufficient.

I went into the dealership and tried to explain to her Dad first, he said she was on the way to work and I could talk to her. Long story short, no one wanted to hear what I had to say about the matter. It was as though we had your check, you said it was your down payment, we sent it to the bank, we have out $1000 end of conversation. At that point I was so distraughted and in total disbelief that someone could be so inhuman not to care about someone that was purchasing a car from them. Out of fustration(which usually get), I said you can just have the car back if that is the way I'm going to be treated.

After crying and getting in touch with my husband, he let me know that I was out of $1000 and a car and I need to go back and get the car and he would take care of the down payment. Now, here is the problem; I have talked with Stacey twice today and she told me that they would work something out and call me back and I haven't heard from her. It's as though she is playing the same game that Brooke played with me. If I am still bind to a contract and my first payment is not due until next month on the 6th, how in the world do they think they can keep my $1000 and my car as well.

My bank account was -983.00+ after they sent the check through without the courtesy of telling me that they were going to do that. It's okay, I will have to bite the bullet for that one. But why will they not return my car.

Original review: May 14, 2008

I bought a 2000 Pontiac from Don McGill and took out a $2,500. warantee with First Extended Service Corp. My car needed to have a reckend pinion replaced. They said they would not do it unless I replaced the lower steering shaft and that part was not covered by my warantee. Do you find it has play in the wheel which I told them it did not. Well I had it fixed and something was wrong. I heard a clicking noise I had not heard before and did not even drive it off the location. They took it back and told me it wasn't anything they had done wrong and that it was safe to drive.

I contacted the warantee company and they said it was covered under my policy. Don McGill had to refund me my $285.51..which they did - but the car still had something clicking. They told me I had to take it to a Pontiac Dealer and run a test that would cost me $85. I went to DeMontrond and had it fixed correctly. They charged me $184. to fix what Don McGill should have done in the first place and I have a letter on the bill stating this fact. MeMontrond could not fix it under warantee because they were fixing Don McGills bad work.

Now I am asking Don McGill to refund my money of $184. which was not necessary if their people had fixed it correctly in the first place. I called Leonel and he said someone from the customer service would call me. They never did and after many calls I asked to speak to the General Manager Kirk Wilson. All I ever get is a recording even though the answering service there said he was in the office. After several weeks of leaving messages he still has not returned my calls. To me this is bad business and I am still out my $184. If I had not called the warantee place on my own I would be out the $184 plus the $285.51 that Don McGill said was not covered in the first place. My car is still under warantee and they need to return my money. Seems like they may take advantage of Senior Citizens and women in general.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2008

On 12/10/2007, I drove a 2000 Toyota Camry (around 50, 000 miles) to Toyota Don McGill at 11800 Old Katy Road, Houston, TX 77079 and requested the dealership to fix a little crack on the car's bumper. I was told that the car would be ready for pick up after Christmas.

On 12/28/2007, somebody from the dealership called me and said that the car was ready for pick up. When I was about to leave the house, somebody at the dealership called back and said that the engine had problem and that the car could not start. I could not believe that. Thus, I came to the dealership right away and was very upset to see that they opened the car's engine and took out some parts while oil was leaking everywhere. I told them that they were wrong because they opened the engine without our permission. I only asked them to fix the crack and let them know that the car's engine was in very good condition and it was inspected by an inspector from insurance company.

I told them that they messed with the engine and now they had to compensate for the engine and requested to speak with one of the manager over there. They let a manager from Body department talk with me. He requested me to pay four to five thousand to fix the problem. I did not agree with him and brought this issue to Kirk Wilson, a general manager of the dealership on the next day. Kirk did not want to listen to me. He told me to go home and wait for his call. He promised to call me on 12/31/2007 at 11:00 A.M. However, he did not call us back. We called and left message for him for so many times but I did not receive his response.

Finally, my sister and I came to the dealership and met him in person again. He asked us to go home and wait for his call in the next couple days.

Kirk did not contact with us on the time he promised even though we let him know that his employees asked us the return the rental car back and claimed that if we did not return the rental car, the insurance company would not pay for the rental after the day (12/28/2007) the crack was fixed. They did not contact with the insurance company to discuss with the insurance company about what happened with the car.

Thus, we had to call him back many times to find out what happened with the car's engine. Finally, we cached him and were told that the motor of the engine had problem. He asked us to pay $1,400.00 so that he would replace that motor for a used motor. Kirk Wilson reduced the price from $1,400.00 to $1,000.00, then to $500.00, and finally to no cost. On 01/08/2008, Kirk Wilson and Rick Simmer (another service manager) signed on the agreement paper that the engine that they would replace for my engine would be from 40,000 to 60,000 miles. My engine is only about 50,000 miles, but I have to take the deal to make the procedure moving quickly since I have not have the car for so long. However, after that Rick Simmer called me back and said that the engine that they was about to replace for us was about 100,000 miles and suggested me to take another engine with 59,000 miles. I still agreed with him.

However, on 01/21/08, Rick Simmer called me back and said that the 59,000 miles engine was not good and suggested me take another engine with 74,000 miles and he would change my timing belt for free. I am really disappointed with the management of the dealership. They never keep their words. I email Rick Simmer and Kirk Wilson and let them know that I dont accept their deal because they already signed on the agreement paper that they would use an engine from 40,000 to 60,000 miles to replace for my engine. They know that I need a transportation to go to school and work but they dont want to fix my car. I requested to speak to Mr. Donald McGill, an owner of the dealership, but my request was denied by the people in the dealership.

Now, the problem still remains unsolved and my car is still there with the damaged engine caused by the employees in Don McGill Toyota.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2007

I was ready to buy my third Toyota and because I trusted my service man of many years, I asked for a sales name to contact. I was given the name of Joe Morello. I went to the dealership, title in my purse as I was ready to buy and let him know that, and I was accompanied by a friend interested in a Scion which he was also told.

When we arrived, he was on the phone. He never glanced up to acknowledge our presence. The lack of service deteriorated from there. He was rude, abrupt, acted as though showing me a car was a terrible inconvenience. I had a color preference that was strong, so he reluctantly ( said it was way on the back of the lot) brought it up. It was a 2007 rental with 37000 miles on it.

I was debating this car because I had personal experiene of race car drivers renting cars to run at the race. I told him this. The car came out of NJ and I didn't like that because of harsh weather conditions and salt on the road.

I was debating this car, allowed them to run my credit, and left. As soon as I returned home I left a message for Mr. Morello to call me to answer one question for me. This was about 4 PM. He had also told me he would call me early the next morning. He neither returned my call or made the promised call.

About 5 PM the next day my cell phone rang with Mr. Morello in a very rude voice saying I hear you've been saying bad things about me. Yes, I had emailed my service manager who had given me the name and complained about the lack of service, courtesy, interest. I informed him that I had only been telling the truth. The sales manager called me the next day and again tried to convince me I wanted that rental car.

In the meantime I'd learned that my son's stuntment friends rent cars to practie with, so now I was even more determined not to buy this car. I told every person I spoke with these same stories. The sales manager was successful in getting me to agree to talk with another sales person. That man was certainly more agreeable; however, he also tried to convince me to buy the rental that I'd now told two people I had no interest in at all.

He then gave me a quote for a Camry CE that when I bought a car from Fred Haas Toyota was about $1,000 under the LE that I drove away in... in my preferred color! I received excellent service and attention on that visit, needless to say. Yesterday I received a letter from Bank of America denying my credit for Don MCGIll. As I never selectd a vehicle, there was no credit to deny. I hope everybody who reads the Don McGill reports will be very wary of how sales people at the dealership treat customers. They know they have a popular product and seemingly do not care about referrals or repeat business.

There are numerous other Toyota dealerships to use in Houston, and Don McGill is useless for sales. For service: with my service manager, they are THE BEST.

For others, I have no idea what kind of service, wait time or anthing else as I have over the years developed an excellent personal relationship with my service manager, Mark.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2007

Over the past year we have taken our 2001 Toyota Tundra in due is dying while driving. The times that it was taken in it was reported to us that nothing was wrong with the vehicle, subsequently at one time we were told it was the brakes or something to do with the brakes. It was repaired at the cost of $697, the truck continued to die on us while driving. On 8/11/07 it happened again when my children were in the vehicle.

Antonio asked that I take in the vehicle, without any consideration that my family and I had experienced a tramatic situation. He finally agreed to have the vehicle picked up from my home on that same day. Yesterday, I get a call that the part that is causing the truck to fail is $1300. The truck was in the shop in 7/07 but the service manager Rick claims it was not documented that we the customer reported the truck completely stops while on drive, instead it is documented that the check engine light is on even through 2006.

According to Antonio and Rick, service manager, we the customer have never taken in our truck for engine failure but only check engine light. I am requesting that Toyota consider some sort of compensation for the poor service we have received since we have taken our truck in since 2006, for the same concern. Don McGill representatives, whom I have spoken with have been inadequate in assisting me. Please contact me ASAP as my truck is still currently in the shop. This is only the top layer of my concerns.

Don McGill Toyota Company Information