Central Kia

Plano TX

Central Kia Automotive Group is a premiere Kia dealer with three locations in Plano, Lewisville, & Irving. We know that you have high expectations, and as a car dealer we enjoy the challenge of meeting and exceeding those standards each and every time. We have recently been placed under new management and ask that you allow us to demonstrate our commitment to excellence!

Our experienced sales staff is eager to share its knowledge and enthusiasm with you. We encourage you to browse our online inventory, schedule a test drive and investigate financing options. You can also request more information about a vehicle using our online form or by calling one of our three locations.

Find us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest to stay up-to-date on all of our sales, incentives, and community involvement projects.

Visit NoTextAndDrivePledge.com and see how Central Kia is educating North Texas' youth about the dangers of distracted driving.

Compare Auto Dealers

Research top Auto Dealers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Submitted my request per your finance manager back in May of 2016 with Ford dealership. Paid my 2014 Kia Optima off. Have received nothing, can't get your finance office to call back. This is **! You expect us to buy from you yet you don't treat your customers with same respect. To refund Gap and 3 years extra warranty your finance employees talked us into, someone needs to respond ASAP. I will not give up until I get my money if it requires a lawyer. Poor ** business you run, no other dealership has ever treated or disrespected customers as yours!!!

After four summers of functional air conditioning in my 2012 Kia Sportage, I experienced total compressor failure this season. A call to Central Kia dealership confirmed that, although my Kia was only four years old, it was out of warranty since mileage was 15,000 over the 60,000 limit. No discussion. Having learned that Toyota entertained exceptions (especially because air conditioning is only used a few months each year) and fully covered air conditioning system replacement expense, I contacted Kia directly. I explained that (1) my vehicle had approximately 19,000 fewer miles when the air conditioning last worked, and (2) other customers have noted the same problem online. I received a call from Kia stating that my vehicle was out of warranty. No discussion.

I received a second call from Kia more than a week later. Discussion was possible. I called back to explain my situation again and was told that, if I had not had the compressor replaced at a local auto garage, Kia may have been able to request "goodwill" from the Central Kia dealership. If I had not been told twice that Kia would not help me, I would have waited to hear the results of Kia's please for customer "goodwill" from the dealership. Very poor communication on the part of Kia and lack of willingness to stand behind the company's costly products. I'm an extremely dissatisfied customer who will spread news of my negative experience with Kia and will switch to the competition for my upcoming new vehicle purchase. This experience certainly supports the consumer consensus that "Kia does not have the greatest reputation for building long lasting vehicles."

Purchased a car w/ no co-signer but w/ down payment. They approve it, even took the trade-in. Signed all the contracts, drove it home, everyone was happy. After a month, Kia took the car from my daughter's employment place without notifying her. Yes KIA had it towed. They said the employment shows not full time. Well we told them that from the beginning why would KIA approve and the bank approved it as well. All of a sudden now after everything is signed again and APPROVED by the bank, they said they made a mistake. Full of ** KIA - bunch of liars. They want your money, took all personal info including SS#, driver's license, bank info pay stubs, and all of a sudden, they changed their mind.

Also after 2 weeks, they called saying the car needs inspection. Well took the car up there and no one can help us, saying bring it again the next day. Well next day came, saying they had us mixed up with another customer who bought the same car. REALLY! Then someone left us a message saying we ordered new set of keys. We did not order new set of keys when we already had 2. This place is so mixed up. Not organized at all. I will not recommend this place. KIA of Plano - bunch of dishonest sales and managers.

Stay away. Buyer beware. This dealership will rip you off three ways to Sunday and oh it's going on a month, and I still have not Been paid what's owed to me. They sure as hell have taken the money from the bank already though.

They took advantage of me and lied and was not upfront with me about the whole ordeal of my financial obligation.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Central Kia?

I bought an older car from Plano Kia about one year ago and purchased an extended warranty to make sure it was protected since it was a used car. RIP OFF! I paid $1,000 and it covers nothing at all. They are saying we need another engine and have even done 5 oil changes in one year, but there is sludge in the engine they say and therefore is not covered. They supposedly did their full inspection on it too before we purchased it. So how did the sludge get in there? We did all the required oil changes. It was obviously already there. Plano Kia shame on you for ripping off your loyal customers like this. I have had better luck purchasing cars on Craigslist. I thought I was purchasing a car from a reputable dealer so I thought it would be better for my youngest son since it was his first car. SHAME ON YOU!

The brand new 2012 Kia Rio5 I picked out had to be picked-up from their dealership in Arlington, TX. The salesman, Brian told me it had a $1000 pin stripe, window tint, lifetime nitrogen in the tires package already added onto it so I had to pay $1000 more than the sticker price on the car. When I got the car the pin stripe was not on the car and the windows were not yet tinted. I did not get the pin stripe added because it is a very thin stripe. The Kia Rio is a sports car and that would make the car look like an ugly family car. I did not get the window tint because I work the night shift and do most of my driving at night, the car already had the factory tint and I did not need the windows to be even darker. So I figure oh well it will be nice to have the lifetime nitrogen in the tires at least.

Two years later it was time to get my tires replaced. Best set of tires for the price were at Firestone. The sales guy Brian told me when I bought the car just go to the dealership and have the nitrogen put in when I get new tires. I go to the dealership and the service guy tell me it will cost me $44 something. Why I ask. Service guy tells me the lifetime nitrogen in the tires deal I purchased is only for the life of the tire. I told him what the sales guy told me at the time of the purchase and service guy tell me, "oh, that is only if you buy the tires here." Any time I asked for all or part of my $1000 to be refunded, any manager I talked to said they would get back with and not one ever called me. I will never buy a car from this dealership again and I will never recommend them to anyone.

I bought a used vehicle from Central Kia almost two years ago. I have been called repeatedly and every time I have told the caller to take me off their lists. I continue to get mailers, emails, and phone calls. The latest was just today, two weeks after the last call. This is harassment.

As someone else wrote, "The dealership used all the tricks - bait and switch, playing dumb." I went in on Monday to inquire what kind of vehicle I would qualify with my score. I informed Jeff that I simply wanted my credit run for that purpose only. Until a deal was reached, I did not want my application sent out. I clearly informed Jeff that I did not want my credit pulled since it had only been pulled by one creditor, which is my bank. Well I got a notification yesterday that I have 10 inquiries. I did not agree to any cars that were being offered. The Kia Forte that I did like, I feel is overpriced. I also informed him that I wanted to research that car more. I also had another appointment with another dealer. However, Jeff felt the need to send my applications out anyway.

He now states it was a misunderstanding and he does have my credit application on file. Is that how Kia does business? Since Jeff felt the need to send out my application 10 times, my score has been affected. I placed my trust in the process with this Kia location and I feel I've been burned. Now I have 10 inquiries and no vehicle that I'm interested in with them. That is bad business. You should really be careful if you are considering going to Kia in Plano. There are some very shady characters there. I learned the hard way. They have now sent a letter saying that I was denied for the application. I never found a car to negotiate on!

I purchased a Kia Optima Hybrid 2 months ago at Central Kia of Plano and discovered a few days ago that the fuel mileage advertised on the window sticker was incorrectly posted and adjusted by the EPA. Since the gas mileage dropped, Kia elected to reimburse customers for the inconvenience of false advertisement. More than 900,000 cars (35% of all sold between 2011 and 2013) from Kia and the sister Hyundai are involved including Elantra, Tucson, Sportage, Rio and Optima. A total of 13 models are involved. Lawsuits are filed and if successful, will give me the option to back out of the purchase which I did not intend until I talked to the “floor manager” of Central Kia.

I visited Central Kia to gather more information, express my concerns and learn what Central Kia would offer affected customers. I realized in a rude way the “floor manager” does not consider himself a “Kia dealer” and defined his work as: “I don’t touch those cars including EPA stickers. Kia is putting those stickers in.” On the flip side, the stickers are currently being replaced at the dealership with the lower gas mileage ones. Adding the words, this is what I do for you, the difference is fine print and pointing at the stickers in his showroom cars is what Central Kia expresses is their responsibility. While initially trying to convey very limited knowledge of the issue, to stating at the end that I don’t know everything there is to know about the subject and my information is only partially correct. Customer service is not amongst the stronger skills of the floor manager and it is highly disappointing to be viewed as consumer with limited comprehension. Not a single word of apology or assistance.

Mr. Holzner/Juergen, This unfortunate and embarressing EPA situation has not only caught consumers off guard, but a number of Hyundai and KIA dealerships across the country. We know that consumers rely on the window sticker to help make informed choices about the cars they buy, and we have taken the necessary steps to replace the stickers in our dealer inventories. At this time we appreciate our consumer’s patients as we work through this together. We will be doing our best to help consumers who have purchased a KIA from our store to go through the necessary process to file a request for a pre-paid gas card from KIA Motors, which will vary depending on the car’s mileage. I do sincerely apologize if you were treated poorly by any of our staff and invite you to message me if there’s anything that I can do for you. Regards, Ashley – Social Media Manager (abevans@centralautomotive.com)

I purchased a new 2013 Kia Forte in September. A month later, supposedly, the bank never funded my loan and I now don't even have a car. First off, I should have walked out of the store the minute their sales guy got frustrated working with me and told me literally to get the hell out of the store in front of my 2 children under the age of 10. Well, apparently, all they did was appease me to get me out of the dealership quietly because now they have gone back on their contract and I'm without a car. The manager is no better; he lied out of his rear end the whole time! I'm taking the issue to an attorney and the corporate Kia office. Do not do business with Central Kia. Go somewhere else that appreciates a customer and treats them with decency and respect. Once a contract is signed, it is supposed to be a done deal. I agreed to the terms, the car being purchased, and signed all the papers. Apparently, the contract meant nothing since they went back on it and made me return the car.

Lauren, this review is very unsettling because we never want customers to be disrespected, or left without a car. I understand that your time is valuable, but I would like to discuss this situation with you in more detail to see if there is anything that I can do to help. Please feel free to contact me at abevans@centralautomotive.com at your earliest convenience. Regards, Ashley - Social Media Manager

Have Not been Funded for Financing (21days after signing contract) - This place is horrible! On September 1st, I took my truck in to trade on a new Soul. My truck payment was due on September 5th. I did not have the money to pay the truck and put a down payment on the car. So, the salesman suggested that I use the truck payment to put down on the car and they would pay the balance of the truck to the other finance company. So, I turned over the keys to the truck and signed the paperwork. I left the lot with the new car. I called the finance company I financed the truck through to let them know that I traded the truck in the day after I got the car. The finance manager said that I needed to bring in a few more documents to finalize the deal. I was two days late bringing the paperwork back to the dealership but when I did take it in, the guy I gave it to said that they needed it so fast because they had already sold the truck. Okay, great!

Well, here it is three weeks later ... I got a call from the finance company I financed the truck through today and she told me that I was late on my September truck payment. I asked her if the dealership had been in contact with them and they said that they have not heard a word from them. I called the dealership after speaking with the truck finance company and the people at Kia told me that they still have not gotten my loan for the new Soul funded yet! What? Three weeks later and I have not been approved for a loan yet?

So, I told the guy at Kia that I was just going to bring the Kia back and that I wanted my truck and the money back that I put down on the truck. They said, "Okay, come on in." We went to the dealership and they refused to give me the truck saying that I signed a binding contract. What contract? A contract that I don't even have a copy of? They say they mailed it. What dealership mails a contract? When we bought the truck, I left with a fat thick envelope of paperwork including the contract. I have no proof that I am even supposed to be driving this car if I were to get pulled over. They guy in the finance dept. says I told them my fiance and I made $3800 a month per person ($7600 per month). No way! I told him that we had a combined income of between $4000-$5000.

These people at this dealership do not know how to do business. So, I am driving a car that is not yet financed, they have not paid my truck off and the finance company is calling requesting me to pay the truck. Then, the guy at the dealership suggested that I pay the truck payment and that they would reimburse me. Lol, pay for a truck that I am not using? Do not do business with these people.

Tracie, I never want any of our customers to feel as though they've been taken advantage of or mislead. I have looked up your deal and feel there are a number of things that I can go over with you. If you would like to discuss this in greater detail please feel free to email me at ABevans@centralautomotive.com Regards, Ashley - Social Media Manager

Threatening to put my daughter and I in jail and put warrant - The general manager was saying we still owe $1,000.00 on the down payment of a car we purchased from them. The money has been paid. We sent him information from the bank and also, the bank manager called Kia to verify that the check had cleared. We sent a cease to contact us and Nick ** still sent me an e-mail after he notedly said he received the letter.

Sharon, I sincerely apologize for any distress you've had to go through. If you would like to discuss this matter in more detail, please contact me at abevans@centralautomotive.com. Regards, Ashley - Social Media Manager.

I went to Central Kia of Plano to buy a 2010 Kia Soul. They told me I was approved and they took my down payment of $4000.00 and said if I put the insurance on it now, I can drive it home that night. I did but then the guy said that let them keep it over night so they could clean it up and I could pick it up the next day. So because I was by myself and had no one to drive my other car home I said ok. The next day I went pick up my new car and the two guys that had sold me the car was nowhere to be found; some other guy come up to me and say let him talk to me in the back. He told me that they need another $1000.00 to get me approve and I’m like, “Why did someone call me to tell me this and had me drive way out there to get a car that I have put insurance on that now is not mine?” So I said no. That’s not the way to do business and I want my money back the money they took from my credit card. I got refunded back but the money I paid in cash I have yet to get back a week later.

My girlfriend and I went to Central Kia to buy a new Kia Forte. Her 2002 Kia Spectra broke down on 635 just past the Tollway North exit, so she needed a car quick. We checked online and the price was right at $16,000. The salesman was great and my girlfriend loved the Forte she test drove. When it came down to financing the car, things went horribly south. They wouldn't honor the Kia loyalty discount and the price of the same car we saw online jumped $5,000. We were told the online price includes all discounts available and are not honored at the dealership.

The sales manager tried to pin a 18% interest rate on her loan and added an extra $900 to the price bringing the total to almost $23,000. We left and came back the next day. This time he lowered the interest rate and promised to tow her car off the freeway at no cost to us (car sitting on side of freeway for 2 days). He lied. They forgot to call the towing company that day and when they called the next day the car had been towed. They told my girlfriend to pay for the tow or return her car.

I would not recommend buying a car from Central Kia. Save yourself the trouble and try a different location. They are not focused on customer satisfaction and are not professional. Overall, a very bad experience and we've continued to have bad experiences from them.

Cedric, after reading your review I'd like to talk with you in more detail about your experience at our dealership. Did you visit our Plano location? The internet price will vary depending on what incentives we are able to apply, however I agree that $5,000 is quite a jump in price. We never want a customer to feel as though they've been taken advantage of or mistreated and I would love the opportunity to talk with you and see if there's anything I can do for you. Please feel free to reach out to me at abevans@centralautomotive.com. Regards, Ashley - Social Media Manager

My wife and I went to Central Kia of Plano, to lease or buy a Kia Sorento. As discussions progressed, Anthony (the sales representative) wanted to run a credit check in order to make a better sale offer. Although my Equifax score was 716 (checked back in June 2010), but since I closed my credit cards and hadn't had a transaction for over a year, my score could not be determined for this credit inquiry, at least that's what the Equifax representative explained to me. However, my wife's Equifax score showed up as 758. The bank that this dealership was working with didn't like this, and declined transaction.

Anthony said that he'll check with his Kia lender to see whether they'd consider it, since my wife's credit showed as very good. Unbeknownst to me and without our prior agreement. Anthony took the case to his boss, Larry. Larry forwarded our case to 6 other banks/financial institutions in my case, and 12 other banks in my wife's case, and they all ran credit checks on our accounts. This resulted in my Equifax credit score dropping to 621 (from 716 in June 2010) and my wife's score to 733 (from 758). Our Trans Union and Experian scores were impacted too, but by 12 points or so.

When I confronted Larry, they didn't have any explanation, as to why they forwarded it to so many financial institutions, without prior consent, and tried to put a positive spin, to it by saying that our case got approved by one of them. Anthony, though slightly more remorseful, spilled his case down the same filter of "our case got approved by one of them".

I find this to be a very callous behavior by this dealership, where, in order to win new business, this dealership is inconsiderate of the impact of such activities on their potential customer's credit! I wouldn't mind 2 credit checks, but 13! That's highly unethical behavior! It caused considerable damage to credit scores of my wife and I! Even though I can get a credit card quickly, and get my credit history kicked back up again, my credit score may take a while to come back into 700's and my wife's back in to 750's.

Central Kia of Plano has yet to fully pay off my trade. It's been 46 days now. After I traded in my car to buy a new Kia Forte, I noticed a couple of weeks later my trade had not been paid off. I called and spoke with their business manager who said not to worry, they "legally" have 30 days to pay off my trade and it will be paid off on or before the 30 days. Thirty-five days go by, trade still not paid off. My car payment for my trade comes due, but still no payoff by Kia. My account becomes 5 days overdue and I called and talked with the business manager once again and tell him my trade needs to be paid off immediately. He says he'll take care of it and it will be sent through FedEx overnight and he will call me back with a tracking number. No phone call back and no check to my bank.

I finally have to take a trip to Central Kia and confront this business manager in person. I told him I am going to get a lawyer if this does not get paid off today. Okay, 2 days after that, a check hits my bank but is short the entire amount. Apparently no one there is bright enough to figure out that the pay-off quote on my car would be higher after 30 days. I called the business manager and made him aware of this and he said it would be taken care of. Five days go by and it’s not taken care of. Finally, I email him 2 days ago (because our phone calls have been very stressful, I don't want to have to speak with him again) and he told me a check for the remainder would hit my bank this morning. Guess what? It hasn't. Beware of Central Kia of Plano. Oh, and they will never return your phone calls unless you threaten them. And even then, it's a big maybe.

I would go somewhere else to buy a car. You don't need this kind of headache and stress. I didn't and don't deserve this. No one does. There’s a possibility of my excellent credit being in jeopardy, not to mention, the stress of having to deal with them has been overwhelming. The dealings with this business manager have been horrific. He even had the nerve to tell me at one point that I was bothering him and he didn't want to deal with me anymore. Are you kidding? If they would have just paid off my trade in a timely manner, we wouldn't have had any dealings in the first place. But it's not over yet for me unfortunately.

I bought a 2007 KIA Rio LX in February of 2007. in July of 2009, the AC stop cooling. I took it back for repair, they said they repair it after four hours of wait. I started experiencing problem with the AC again. May of 2010 and I took it back on 23. This time, they said it was problem with hotline and they were going to order the parts and back to me on Monday or latest by Tuesday. I did not receive a call and I made a follow up on Monday but said they would call me. I waited until on Thursday and did not receive a call. I called around 7:25am to talk a Scott, the manager but the receptionist said he would be in by 8:00am.

I called by 8:30am to talk to the manager and they said he will not be in for the rest of the day. When I was trying to explain to the guy he hang up on me. This just show that these KIA cars are not worth for the price we pay because I drove a Toyota for 7 years and did not have to do anything beside oil change/tire rotation. So far, I have to drive in the Texas sun at 80-95 degrees while the KIA management sit there and play me like a fool.

Don’t do it! I think after dealing with them you need therapy. It has been hellish. Then to find out the person I was dealing with never got the loan approved through underwriting. Whatever happened to customer service? I guess the days of calling somebody back are gone, or even getting call back 24 hours is gone. Things were going OK for buying a car. Never had a good experience. Talked to one of my sales people finally after 3 days and he said the car is ready. I said fine, I will be there and sign the last paper I wanted and then I am done with them and my old situation. Well I told him I am doing this on my lunch and I need it to be ready for me to sign so I can go. I get there and was it ready? NO! I found out that the finance person that helped me never finalized everything through the bank so really my loan didn't go through. I had to wait for the new business manager to get approval. He tried to get me to do a longer loan but thank fully I stuck to my idea and said no. This is what I signed for and this is what I want. Finally after 20 minutes he said it was all approved.

Then I needed to leave my old car for the bank to pick up on their lot. Well I couldn’t leave my old car on the lot for the bank to pick up. This is not what I was told to begin with. So I still couldn't take new car. They are dropping it off at my house. Well no one is home will this happen or not. My mind is running on what could happen. I guess I will see when I get home from work. I wouldn't deal with this dealership try Southwest Kia.

First of all, I'd like to say that Central KIA of Plano has the worst service I have ever dealt with. On April 6, 2010, I took my 2006 KIA Sportage in, because it had been stalling on me and would shut off when I would turn it on. As soon as I walked in and told Craig my problem, he took out his book and said, "If you have not done the 60,000 service, then you need to do that."

My Sportage had 87,000 miles on it, so I said no because I wanted to find out first what was wrong before I invested $787.00 on it. So they put on the machine which he said would be another $99.00. But at this point, I just needed to see what was wrong with it, so he called me and said that they could not find anything. So I told him to go ahead and do an oil change, which they did.

When I picked it up the following day, it stalled on me again and would not turn on. So on April 10, my husband decided to do the 60,000 service, because they thought it might be the timing belt? While in there, they said that our water pump was leaking, so they replaced that as well as a new fuel filter. But they made it seem better by telling me that the water pump was still under warranty, so I paid $787.00 and did not pick up my car until the 14th.

When I got home that same day, as soon as I pulled in my driveway, the car stalled and all the light panels came on. So I took it back to Central KIA that same day I picked it up and dropped it off. Well, they checked it on April 15 and called me that nothing was wrong with it and maybe it was trying to get used to the new items they replaced? Well, I went to go pick it up on Thursday night and took it home. Well, on Friday, April 16, it was still stalling on me and Saturday, April 17, it completely stalled my husband.

I called Central KIA, and somehow, we got it to start again. And when he got there, one of their so-called technicians said it might be the fuel pump. So we had to leave it there, and they ran some supposedly tests on Monday, April 19 and called me to say that it definitely was the fuel pump and that they would need to replace it for $644.00. So we asked Craig and his service department if they were sure that this was the problem, and they said, "Yes, it was definitely the problem."

Well, we paid that amount and picked it up on Tuesday, April 20, and now, it's back in the shop again, because it stalled on me again. And now, they think it might be something else.

I would like to know if anyone has had this problem before. I am starting to feel like Central KIA in Plano thinks a lot about what might be wrong with cars and that's how they make their money. They have managed to put us in a financial cringe because of things they thought needed fixing and still have not managed to find out what the real problem is on my car. They are not trustworthy, and by what I have read on their reviews, I should have read this before I took my car there.

I feel they need to finish the job they started, but I am starting to doubt that will happen. Now, we are out of around $1600.00, and I guess they will keep on saying It might be this or It might be that. I will never buy or recommend anyone to Central KIA in Plano ever again.

Incident: I was wanting a new vehicle, one that I can get into and out of. Something like the Silverado I had owned for 10 years. The KIA Sorento filled the bill for me. I saw an advertisement in the paper stating all 08 Sorentos had a $5k rebate no matter what model etc. I called Central KIA Irving and started dealing with them. Somewhere down the line of the purchase agreement, I received a phone call from KIA Carrolton asking if I had already purchased a new KIA. I stated no but was in the process of doing this. This fellow stated he was the sales manager of this dealership and if I had a problem in getting financing. He would pay $1k to a bonafide co-signer so I could get the vehicle.

I was talking with a friend and told him about the money they would pay for a co-signer. He stated he would co-sign with me for that money. I called KIA Irving and asked them about this, they stated yes we can do the same thing. I gave them all the info on my friend and was told shortly afterwards that this was a done deal. They wanted to know when I could come pick up my new car. I stated Friday would be good for us, due to us going to the senior center on Tue and Thurs each week. Over the next couple of days, I was getting calls from Irving and Friday came and I got calls from both dealerships and was told at Irving the only color they had left was Red. No more white models left. I was heading down hwy 114 towards Grapevine Texas, when a guy from KIA Carrolton called and when asked he said they had several colors, and I could have any of them if I just came to their dealership. Needless to say we headed to Carrolton.

When we arrived, there were several sales persons sitting and standing around the front door. As we were walking up towards them, we were asked who we needed to speak with. I told them Tim was the sales guy I had talked to. Tim is in the Irving store. Before I could get out of there, a fellow named Travis approached me and told me that no one that drives to their store would leave without the new car he wanted. We sat waiting for all the paperwork to get done. I started to leave again, Travis caught me before I could get out of there. He advised me there was a problem in getting financing for me. I told Travis again about the $1k deal to use a co-signer. He looked at the credit info on my co-signer and asked me if he could get the last Sorento in stock, and get the payments in the $390.00 range would I take the car.

I told him yes I would, so we waited again to go to the finance office. Travis came out and told us that he would pay $500 to my co-signer if he could get the title and paperwork totally in my co-signers name. I objected and Travis told me that after I had made 6 or more payments on this loan, he would get the contract in my name and on the title. Then we were taken to the finance office. I mentioned to the F&I guy about what Travis agreed to. He told me to get that in writing before we left. I approached Travis and promptly told him what I needed. Then he told me he was a sales manager and was not going anywhere. Just come see me after the 6 months and he would take care of this.

Damage Resulting: After the 6 months went by, I called the KIA Dealership in Carrolton and was told that Travis had been fired several months ago and had no idea of where he was at this time. I called Harris bank and asked about getting my name on the contract and title. I was told that they did not do any refinancing of any kind. I have gone to Moritz KIA in Ft Worth and tried to get something done about this. After a couple hours there, I settled on a 09 Optima, loaded with a 3K rebate. I thought surely I could get this done here. After being sent to finance, the F&I guy put all the figures into his computer and after waiting over an hour, we were told just to go home and if they got any good response to my deal they would call me.

No calls. I called KIA Carrolton and actually did get to talk to Bobby **. He said he remembered this deal. He promised to get done what Travis had promised to us. After a week of getting a cold shoulder, I spoke to Bobby ** this afternoon and he stated that the only way he could do anything for me, would be for me to pay $5k cash. I explained that I did not have this money, and there was no statement made to me about paying cash to get my name on the title. Bobby ** stated he is owner of that dealership and I asked him to do a dealer guaranteed deal and just running this through the bank. I had done this with dealerships before.

Bobby told me I do not understand the finance end of their business. I stated I knew enough that if he did the dealer guaranteed deal that would resolve everything. Bobby simply stated I needed 5k and he could get something done. I need help with this, and there was more I could write here but I must stop before I get so upset that I would have to take meds. This dealership owes me a refinance on the vehicle I have or $5000.00 so I can do it on my own. Contact me.

I was wanting a new vehicle, one that I can get into and out of, something like the Silverado I had owned for 10 yr. The Kia Sorento filled the bill for me. I saw an advertisement in the paper stating all 08 Sorentos had a $5k rebate no matter what model, etc. I called Central Kia Irving and started dealing with them. Somewhere down the line of the purchase agreement, I received a phone call from Kia Carrolton asking if I had already purchased a new Kia. I stated no but was in the process of doing this. This fellow stated he was the sales manager of this dealership and if I had a problem in getting financing, he would pay $1k to a bona fide co-signer so I could get the vehicle.

I was talking with a friend and told him about the money they would pay for a co-signer. He stated he would co-sign with me for that money. I called Kia Irving and asked them about this, they stated, "yes, we can do the same thing". I gave them all the info on my friend and was told shortly afterwards that this was a done deal; they wanted to know when I could come pick up my new car. I stated Friday would be good for us, due to us going to the senior center on Tue and Thurs each week. Over the next couple of days, I was getting calls from Irving and Carrolton. I am 70 yrs of age and have to take a lot of meds to even have a life.

Friday came and I got calls from both dealerships and was told at Irving the only color they had left was Red. There were no more white models left. I was heading down hwy 114 towards Grapevine Texas, when a guy from KIA Carrolton called and when asked, he said they had several colors, and I could have any of them if I just came to their dealership. Needless to say, we headed to Carrolton.

Before I could get out of there, a fellow named Travis approached me and told me that no one that drives to their store would leave without the new car he wanted. We sat waiting for all the paperwork to get done. I started to leave again; Travis caught me before I could get out of there. He advised me there was a problem in getting financing for me. I told Travis again about the $1k deal to use a co-signer. He looked at the credit info on my co-signer and asked me if he could get the last Sorento in stock, and get the payments in the $390 range, if I would take the car.

I told him, "yes, I would." So we waited again to go to the finance office. Travis came out and told us that he would pay $500 to my co-signer if he could get the title and paperwork totally in my co-signer's name. I objected and Travis told me that after I had made 6 or more payments on this loan, he would get the contract in my name and on the title. Then we were taken to the finance office. I mentioned to the F&I guy about what Travis agreed to. He told me to get that in writing before we left. I approached Travis and promptly told him what I needed. Then he told me he was a sales manager and was not going anywhere. Just come see me after the 6 months and he would take care of this.

After the 6 months went by, I called the Kia Dealership in Carrolton and was told that Travis had been fired several months ago and had no idea of where he was at this time. I called Harris Bank and asked about getting my name on the contract and title. I was told that they did not do any refinancing of any kind. I have gone to Moritz Kia in Ft Worth and tried to get something done about this. After a couple of hours there, I settled on an 09 Optima, loaded with a 3K rebate. I thought surely I could get this done here. After being sent to finance, the F&I guy put all the figures into his computer and after waiting over an hour, we were told just to go home and if they got any good response to my deal they would call me. There were no calls. I called Kia Carrolton and actually did get to talk to Bobby **. He said he remembered this deal.

He promised to get done what Travis had promised to us. After a week of getting a cold shoulder, I spoke to Bobby ** this afternoon and he stated that the only way he could do anything for me, would be for me to pay $5k cash. I explained that I did not have this money, and there was no statement made to me about paying cash to get my name on the title. Bobby ** states he is the owner of that dealership and I asked him to do a dealer guaranteed deal and just running this through the bank. I had done this with dealerships before. He tells me I do not understand the finance end of their business. I stated I knew enough that if he did the dealer guaranteed deal, that would resolve everything. ** simply stated, "I needed $5k and he could get something done." I need help with this, and there was more I could write here but I must stop before I get so upset that I would have to take meds.

This dealership owes me a refinance on the vehicle I have or $5000 so I can do it on my own.

I wanted a new vehicle, one that I can get into and out of, something like the Silverado I had owned for 10 years. The KIA Sorrento filled the bill for me. I saw an advertisement in the paper stating all 2008 Sorrento had a $5000 rebate no matter what model etcetera. I called Central KIA Irving and I started dealing with them. Somewhere down the line of the purchase agreement, I received a phone call from KIA Carrolton asking if I had already purchased a new KIA. I stated no but I was in the process of doing this.

This fellow stated he was the sales manager of this dealership and if I had a problem in getting financing, he would pay $1000 to a bonafide co-signer so I could get the vehicle. I was talking with a friend and told him about the money they would pay for a co-signer. He stated he would co-sign with me for that money. I called KIA Irving and I asked them about this, they stated yes they can do the same thing. I gave them all the information on my friend and I was told shortly afterwards, that this was a done deal. They wanted to know when I could come and pick up my new car. I stated Friday would be good for us due to us going to the senior center on Tuesday and Thursday each week.

Over the next couple of days, I was getting calls from Irving and Carrolton. I am 70 years of age and I have to take a lot of medicines to even have a life. Friday came and I got calls from both dealerships and I was told at Irving that the only color they had left was red and no more white models left. I was heading down Highway 114 towards Grapevine, Texas when a guy from KIA Carrolton called and when asked, he said they had several colors and I could have any of them if I just came to their dealership. Needless to say, we headed to Carrolton.

When we arrived, there were several sales persons sitting and standing around the front door. As we were walking up towards them, we were asked who we needed to speak with. I told them Tim was the sales guy I had talked to. Tim is in the Irving store. Before I could get out of there, a fellow named Travis approached me and he told me that no one that drives to their store would leave without the new car he wanted. We sat waiting for all the paperwork to get done. I started to leave again. Travis caught me before I could get out of there. He advised me that there was a problem in getting financing for me. I told Travis again about the $1000 deal to use a co-signer.

He looked at the credit information on my co-signer and he asked me if he could get the last Sorrento in stock and get the payments in the $390 range would I take the car. I told him yes I would so we waited again to go to the finance office. Travis came out and told us that he would pay $500 to my co-signer if he could get the title and paperwork totally in my co-signer’s name. I objected and Travis told me that after I had made 6 or more payments on this loan, he would get the contract in my name and on the title. My co-signer stated that he would go for this mainly because we had been there all day. Then we were taken to the finance office. I mentioned to the F&I guy about what Travis agreed to. He told me to get that in writing before we left. I approached Travis and promptly told him what I needed. Travis told me he was a sales manager and was not going anywhere and I would just come and see him after the 6 months and he would take care of this.

After the 6 months went by, I called the KIA Dealership in Carrolton and I was told that Travis had been fired several months ago and I had no idea of where he was at this time. I called Harris Bank and asked about getting my name on the contract and title. I was told that they did not do any refinancing of any kind. I have gone to Moritz KIA in Ft Worth and I tried to get something done about this. After a couple hours, there I settled on a 2009 Optima loaded with a $3000 rebate. I thought, surely I could get this done here.

After being sent to finance, the F&I guy put all the figures into his computer and after waiting over an hour, we were told just to go home and if they got any good response to my deal they would call me. No calls. I called KIA Carrolton and I actually did get to talk to Bobby ****. He said he remembered this deal. He promised to get done what Travis had promised to us. After a week of getting a cold shoulder, I spoke to Bobby **** this afternoon and he stated that the only way he could do anything for me would be for me to pay $5000 cash.

I explained that I did not have this money and there was no statement made to me about paying cash to get my name on the title. Bobby **** states he is owner of that dealership and I asked him to do a dealer guaranteed deal and just running this through the bank. I had done this with dealerships before. **** tells me that I do not understand the finance end of their business. I stated that I knew enough that if he did the dealer guaranteed deal that would resolve everything. **** simply stated I needed $5000 and he could get something done. I need help with this and there was more I could write here but I must stop before I get so upset that I would have to take medicines.

This is the most unprofessional/disorganized business I have dealt with! My husband and I purchased a used vehicle (not a Kia model) from their Carrollton/Lewisville location in August 2009. The sales staff there seems to be lacking professionalism, demeanor and customer service skills. I found this particular vehicle online and my husband and I went in the evening to see it. After you step through the group of sales staff sitting in front of the door smoking, we were immediately approached by a young man asking, "Hi, you want to buy a car?" We test drove the vehicle and during the trip, the sales staff used slang and cursing such as: This car is the **; You should really buy this car because I need money for my kids.

My husband and I decided to purchase the car and after a 2-hour dragged out tag team event on dickering on price, we finally came with an agreement (the last condition was for Central Kia to tint the windows). Our salesperson said, "God ** about time. Thought you guys wanted it? I have to go home!" It was a few minutes past 9:00PM. The salesman began writing up our application - his handwriting was awful as well as his spelling. He claimed that we were not allowed to fill out our own applications? We have excellent credit so we weren't expecting any issues regarding the application process. Our salesman came back saying, "Wow, you guys have good credit. Why did you come here? Most people with ** credit only come here." We were floored.

So then we were slowly shuffled to the finance office where the finance person was eating fast food at the time. We sat down, he finished off his food and started with our paperwork (it's now 9:30PM). The finance person typed everything up and pushed the extended warranty. Since this was for our daughter going off to college, we elected the extended warranty and added it to the sales price. Meanwhile, our trade-in vehicle was (unknowingly) being driven away. However, it still had all our belonging in it. Another mess since our salesperson left immediately after he moved us to finance. We were able to get the vehicle back and get our belongings after a little effort.

After everything was printed, agreed and signed, the finance person instructed us that we couldn't have the paperwork until his manager reviewed it and to come back in a few days (although we can have the car that evening). I stated we have no proof of purchase or contract that I own the vehicle and wasn't comfortable driving it. Meanwhile, our trade magically disappeared again at 10:00PM at night. So the finance person wrote a note on a card that said, "Mr. and Mrs... purchased a ... from me today." What is that? My husband was furious by then as well as I, so we just left with the car intending to come back in the morning. When the finance person handed us the key, there was only one. Our salesman stated there were two keys during our test drive.

You get the idea on the level of customer service. I'll move forward. After several phone call attempts trying to reach the finance person, our salesman or somebody to get us the second key, our paperwork and schedule the promised window tinting (written on an I.O.U. piece of paper) - no luck. I went to the dealership to collect my second key; no one knew what I was talking about including our salesman. He claims that I must have misheard him. My husband and I went to the vehicle manufacturer and purchased a second key for $113.00. After repeated calls and 2 trips to the dealership to pick up our paperwork, a photocopy was mailed to us about 3-4 weeks later. At that time, the temporary registration had expired and I kept calling, inquiring if the plates are available. That was a huge mess. I had to come down and give a copy of our insurance card (which we provided at the time of purchase) and then they would apply for plates.

It took approximately 8 weeks from time of purchase to receive. During that time, I called our salesman several times to schedule the tinting. No luck. Always booked, just no availability to get done. I went into the dealership one morning, bringing my coffee, laptop, etc. and "set up shop" there to work for the day - to wait while they tinted the windows. I spoke with the service manager who said they do not tint at their facility and no way of doing it. I showed the I.O.U. piece of paper our salesman wrote. The service manager rolled his eyes and called a local shop in Lewisville to get the tinting done. The service manager apologized for our salesman's actions.

In October, my husband and I received a letter from Olympicare, the extended warranty company. It stated our warranty is not valid due to incomplete paperwork processed on behalf of Centra Kia. Agh! My husband and I went back to the dealership Saturday morning (it does no good calling). We spoke with a different finance person, who made a copy of the letter, stated it happens all the time and that he would correct it first thing Monday morning. It is now December and the warranty has not been corrected. Every time I call the dealership to inquire the general manager's name, either no one knows or his name is Bob (they don't know his last name). I've called so many times asking to speak with the general manager or Bob and leave messages; however, no response.

I've spoken with Olympicare and explained the long story. They stated the paperwork must come from Central Kia (it was filed as a new vehicle, however, it is a 2008 used). As it states on the purchase agreement, we paid Central Kia $1,500 for an extended warranty that Olympicare states is not valid.

On November 7, 2009, I traded in my 2008 Spectra for a 2010 Forte. When they were doing up the contract, the finance man said that I will probably get back $800.00 on the unused portion of the extended service policy I had on the Spectra. Well, not only have I not received that, but now, I'm getting calls from Kia Central Finance Corp. saying I am two months behind on my 2008 Spectra payments, and telling me they will report me to the credit services! It has been a month! I called various people at Kia Plano and never got a call back. So now, I have called the General Manager there, a Rob or Robie and he says that he will contact some woman named Kim on their accounting department on Monday (5 Dec 2009). This is the same woman I left a voicemail with, asking her to contact me on 5 Dec 2009. He said he was sending her an email right then. This was in the afternoon of 12 Dec 2009. I will be waiting to see what they have to say.

Oh the horrors! I received a "Thanksgiving Sale" invitation with a $5K rebate check for owner loyalty, said the sale was by "invitation only." I have a 2007 Kia Spectra that the door locks have continued to be faulty, even after the dealership replaced the part 2 months ago. You can shut the passenger's side doors and the driver's side doors lock as well! Talk about a safety issue. I went to the dealership and showed a sales rep my $5K rebate check and said I was interested in the Rondo. He showed some to me and then had another guy come over, who told me the $5K rebate is only on the Kia Optima cars. It is in very fine print about the dealer specified type the rebate would apply to, but still did not say what model - only a number.

So, I went and looked at the Optima XL (cloth and nothing fancy) and found one I fell in love with that the sticker was $20,000.00. I went and spent the next four hours waiting for them to get the deal done. They only wanted to give me $6,000.00 for my Spectra, which is in excellent condition except for the door locks. I said I needed more as Kelly Blue Book says it should be worth over $7K. That did raise a red flag as apparently, the Kia products do not hold value well. The sales rep came back, said he "fought for me" and got $7K for my trade-in. I thought we were good to go, but they were trying to get a better loan rate for me since I had a bankruptcy that was filed 3 years ago. My credit is excellent since then, so I thought they were doing me a favor by trying to get a better finance rate. It was late, so I said I would come back the next day.

I called the next day and sales rep #2 told me they had everything ready and to come on down. I arrived and they said they were printing off paperwork and it would be a few minutes. After another hour, they came back and said they could not get me the great finance rate and my payments would be over $500/month. I questioned why so high with the "deal" we had worked out and then their sales manager, Bobby **, told me because I could not use the $5K rebate check as that is only on one particular Optima model with leather that costs around $24,000.00! That is misleading advertising in my book. I will contact an attorney tomorrow about the possibility of filing a suit for false advertisement.

About a month ago, we traded in a small Kia for a larger model. They were to pay off the trade-in, etc. I am getting calls from the original finance company that I am past due and now have a 2nd payment due. Also, I have late charges and am being referred to the credit agencies. I have called them at least 3 times during the past 4 days. Nobody will call be back. Rene in Finance will talk with me but says it isn't his department. Now he says that the check was cut Oct. 1 but they can't see that it was sent. I want the other finance company paid off with late fees and if it goes on my credit report, they need to clear it up.

My problems started when I went to drive my new Sorento home. Although I had told Central Kia what I had to have on the vehicle, they tried to deliver the vehicle without remote keyless entry or cruise control. They assured me they would put those on and would call me within two weeks as to when to bring the vehicle back. I finally called them back 3 weeks later and had a hassle jogging their memory about their commitment. They finally installed an aftermarket cruise control but would not install the remote keyless entry. Note, the passengers door open warning sounds frequently and the interior light goes on. This occurs when making a left turn when the passenger adjusts in the seat or you hit a bump in the road. I called this morning to get an appointment to have it repaired as I have to go to Dallas to get an IV that morning and will be in Dallas. They have one loaner car and it is already booked for that day and do not have a shuttle to get you around.

I do not know when I will have anyone available to pick me up in Dallas, so I can leave the vehicle for repairs without sitting all day, waiting and hoping they have the parts to repair the vehicle. Needless to say, they have never sent me a customer satisfaction survey! I guess I will have to rent a car-hauler trailer to get my vehicle to Central Kia for service and again to get it back to the ranch. I live approximately 60 miles NE of Dallas. I had heard such good things about Kia's but am not having a good experience with Central Kia of Plano. I am stuck in Wolfe city with an obnoxious problem with my Kia. Thank goodness I have my f150, which is dependable.

I gave my check payment in full for my 2009 Kia Sportage. I changed items from my 2002 Sportage to my new one and showed Mike the defective driver seat belt (7/18/09). “I'll take care of that Monday,” he said. On 7/27, he called saying he put in a service ticket. I asked where the belt comes from. He said Korea. This is a life safety issue as the belt hangs on the hasp as well as the retractor. I feel that now he has his commission (since I paid cash for the vehicle), I'm in left field as he told me, “We'll call you when we get it in to install.”

Me and my husband went to purchase a new car, my biggest concerns were safety and gas. Well, Kia topped everywhere I looked as far as my concerns. But after I started the deal, I now wish I never would have. We left that night with the wrong car. They said they could not get me a car with low miles, lied about where I bought it, lied about how much money we made, lied about the warranty. So I took that car back three days later due to an engine issue and an airbag safety issue. They put me in the car I chose, which still had 500 miles on it. They did not want to own up to anything they said they would. I had to fight to get a contract, had to fight to get the tint done, had to fight to get my plates.

So about 4 weeks later, this car started having problems with the airbag system. I called Kia, and told them, but it was not a big deal to Kia. Finally, I dropped it off for repair and tint, picked it up a day later, and it was well - they claimed it was my battery. I left and 3 days later, the light came back on. I called Kia Motors of America which didn't help much. They were just as rude. They told me I could take it to McKinney Kia. I did and found out the car didn't belong to me - they messed up my VIN, so the whole time I was driving Kia's property thinking it was mine.

The next day I dropped it off at McKinney Kia and sure enough, it was a safety problem and if I would have had an accident, my airbag would not have deployed. Oh and when I got the car back from Central Kia, it had a scratch on the trunk. My car went in the shop on the 9th of July and still, as of today the 20th, I don't have it back. I am ready to take Central Kia to court and will do whatever I have to do that. They should not be allowed to do this to anyone. Please help us in anyway if you can. I do have all my paperwork to back up what I have written.

Central Kia Company Profile