Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.64/5

Toyota Sienna

The Toyota Sienna is a minivan. Read more Toyota reviews to learn about other models.

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

130 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 22, 2019

I bought a new Toyota Sienna XLE from Prestige Toyota in NJ. I noticed right away that the pressure monitoring system alarm light was flashing. The sales rep told me it's normal with new cars and it'll stop in a few miles. It never stopped. I took the vehicle to Parkway Toyota, also in NJ and explain the issue. I was told it would be fixed and it's not a big problem. Then, I was notified by Parkway Toyota that they will not fix the issue under warranty and if I wanted the issue fixed it would cost me $200. I contacted Toyota USA customer service on 07/17/2019.

I was assigned a case number and told that someone will contact me within 24 hours. As of 07/22/2019 I did not hear from anyone. SO, I called Toyota USA again. Another rep advised me that according to their records Parkway Toyota contacted me and the case was closed. I obviously indicated that that was not true as nobody has contacted me since I opened the case. She also suggested that I speak to the selling dealer to research the history of my vehicle and wheels in particular. I indicated that it sounded a little strange that a consumer is directed to look into Toyota sourcing parts of the new vehicle.

At this point I asked if Toyota USA is going to stand behind a brand vehicle I just bought and fix the issue. I was told that the case will be given to another case manager and I would get a call in 24 Hours. The bottom line is Toyota does not seem care one bit about their customers. I actually own a few Toyota vehicles at the present time and bought a number of them over the years. I am sure Toyota has a record of it. However, it does not seem to matter. This experience will no doubt affect my decision making regarding buying any Toyota products in the future. Felix ** Lodi, NJ

Original review: July 14, 2019

Bought a brand new 2019 Sienna as I drive Toyota for the last 15 years. Ever since bought the vehicle, automatically brakes apply when I get into highway and engine signs show up after shaking. TRAC is also appears. Complaining to Toyota and they checked and certified it is safe to drive but the problem still exists. It is scary to drive as they didn’t test their electromechanical systems properly. Don’t buy; otherwise you stuck with 40,000 vehicle with your life at risk.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 19, 2019

We had a 2015 Sienna in the past and loved it. We have the 2019 now. The drive is terrible. The car shakes and literally stops on its own mid driving. Toyota claims these are due to the new engine style, and I know others with the 2019 Sienna who have the same problem. Stay far away from the 2019 if you can. Don't get this car.

Original review: March 14, 2019

2019 Braun Toyota Sienna - Vehicle bottoms out at rear of vehicle when traveling over small bumps when only 1 person in back of van. Owned a 2010 Braun Sienna and this never happened. Very disappointed.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

My 2013 Sienna XLE when in drive and stopping and then putting in reverse would not engage properly. There was a jerkining in the gears. I had experienced this for a while until a shifting problem arised. I assume this was related? I had 59,200 mile and about 2 weeks remaining on the 60,000 5 year warranty. The Toyota dealership replaced a solenoid in the transmission which corrected the shifting problem but not when I put in reverse to back up. I continued to have this problem. Returned to a different Toyota dealership closer to me. They investigated the issue and are replacing the transmission completely. Hopefully this will correct my problem? They are honoring the warranty due to still under the mileage by 250 miles and a week from the 5year being expired. Dealership has also provided me a rental at no charge.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toyota Sienna?

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

In the new Sienna the info has been moved to a tiny screen, could they not have made it any smaller? Only two Bluetooth phones are allowed, but I share this taxi van with five other drivers, we constantly delete each other's pairing. The buttons on the steering wheel where arranged vertically, now some bright mind at Toyota said, "Hey, let's do horizontal. That will be cool!" The overhead switch for the back door has been eliminated.?? I can't imagine what their little minds were thinking. Does Toyota hate people?

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I am used to driving 2013-2017 Siennas and I've gotten used to the dash layout, it is consistent. Now with the 2018 version it has all changed. A lot of the information is on a centrally located screen. Could Toyota not make the screen any smaller? Only two Bluetooth phones are allowed, but I share this taxi van with five other drivers, we constantly delete each other's pairing. The buttons on the steering wheel were arranged vertically, now some bright mind at Toyota said, "Hey, let's do horizontal. That will be cool!" The overhead switch for the back door has been eliminated. I can't imagine what their little minds were thinking. Does Toyota hate people?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Had the Sienna for about a year and all was going well until, during a spring service, I was very shocked to have a coolant leak at the head gasket diagnosed, literally just a couple of thousand km's and a few months outside the warranty expiration.

This set me back around $4500 to have the gasket replaced. I wrote to Toyota a couple of times, but they were entirely unsympathetic - and totally unconcerned that such a major and costly failure could occur so relatively early in the vehicle's life.

On this basis, I will not be buying Toyota vehicles again.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

We bought a 2015 Toyota Sienna new, since then we have had to have the door replaced because of a recall handlebar replaced because of recaulked the window seal fixed under warranty because the rubber tread that keeps the water out came off every time we roll down the window that has continued to happen again and again without the warranty. Now I’m being told that the lifters have a problem and we are going to have to pay almost $7000 to fix the noise coming from the engine that’s going to continue to get louder and louder. I don’t understand how Toyota is getting away with this. It is an almost $40,000 vehicle. I am very dissatisfied. I will never buy another Toyota made vehicle again.

Original review: July 27, 2018

Bought CPO 011 Sienna LE with auto access seat in 013 with 35k miles. Basically a decent overall vehicle UNTIL THIS SPRING WHEN THE RIGHT SIDE PASSENGER DOOR DEVELOPED A MIND OF ITS OWN! Door would open by itself at random times, then started doing a jumping back and forth motion when you tried to open or shut it. Very dangerous if someone happens to get their hand caught in this cycle. Also door creates an unsafe overall safety situation when you lock it and go in a store only to come back out and find door wide open- easy potential carjacking situation. Recall G04 does absolutely nothing to solve this issue- it only addresses the door if it's frozen shut by overhead ice and then after ice melts or falls off the door would pop open while in motion.

Toyota is in denial, the dealership is in denial, the warranty is not being honored, the District mgr/Dealer CSR/Corporate CSRs, etc all give you the runaround- many unanswered calls, voicemails, email. Toyota admits no actual fix has been developed. The right thing to do is buyback all these accidents waiting to happen or replace all sliding doors with 017 doors or newer. Any company can make and sell automobiles but it's how they take care of customers when a serious safety manufacturing defect arises that shows you about their true nature- in Toyota's case Greed triumphs over Safety.

Toyota Sienna Company Information