4.9/5 (85 ratings)

About Toco Warranty

Toco Warranty can help cover the cost of unexpected and frustrating car repairs. The company offers one contract with four levels of coverage — your level of coverage is determined by the miles on your vehicle’s odometer at the time the claim is submitted. The company lets you make monthly payments rather than pay upfront or put down a down payment. Toco Warranty also provides roadside assistance, car rental assistance and full concierge service.

Pros

• All plans administered in-house
  • Accepts vehicles with up to 200,000 miles
  • Coverage lasts until 250,000 miles
  • No-change pricing for contract life

Cons

• Must supply contact info for pricing
  • Plan level determined by vehicle mileage

Bottom Line

Toco Warranty is an online vehicle service contract provider that offers one plan with four levels of service that vary by the miles on your car’s odometer. The company offers coverage for newer and older cars, and you can use any licensed repair shop you choose.

Top Toco Warranty Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I've had Toco Warranty for about four years now. Their customer service is amazing. They are all kind, quick to respond and very knowledgeable. … The peace of mind afforded to me ...

Verified

I called to inquire about my TOCO warranty coverage. Representative Marco A. assisted me and made sure I received assistance with getting my car repaired. He was kind, friendly an...

What is Toco Warranty?

Toco Warranty is a vehicle service contract provider that offers comprehensive coverage for your vehicle to protect your finances if you have a breakdown. To sign up for Toco Warranty’s services, visit its website and fill out the online interest form, and Toco will provide you with a personalized quote.

With Toco, there are no long-term contracts or commitments. There’s no fee to cancel your contract, although the contract states the company does have that option. You can use any ASE-licensed mechanic with Toco.

Any plan purchased through Toco Warranty has a mandatory waiting period of 90 days from the date of purchase and 1,000 miles before coverage takes effect. Unlike many of its competitors, however, Toco matches your monthly payment to assist with any issues that arise during the waiting period instead of denying your claim.

Repairs are capped at the value of the vehicle when you make a claim, and there’s a lifetime repair cap of $15,000.

Toco Warranty coverage

Before signing up for Toco Warranty coverage, it’s important to understand what repairs Toco Warranty does and does not cover at each level. You can speak with a Toco representative to find out the specific details of what’s covered.

Toco Warranty offers one plan with four levels of coverage:

• The Orange level provides exclusionary coverage, which means your contract will list components that aren’t covered instead of those that are. This level is for vehicles with less than 100,000 miles on the odometer at the time of a claim.
  • The Yellow level provides listed parts coverage for vehicles with less than 150,000 miles on the odometer at the time of a claim. It covers many of your vehicle’s components, including the engine, transmission, drive axle, turbo/supercharger, electrical components, fuel system and more.
  • The Blue level, which is available for cars with less than 200,000 miles on the odometer at the time of a claim, provides coverage for your powertrain and some basic systems that often need repairs. These systems include air conditioning, the fuel system and many electrical components.
  • The Green level is Toco Warranty’s most basic level, but you can enroll any car with less than 200,000 miles on the odometer and receive coverage until your car has reached 250,000 miles. It covers your engine, transmission, drive axle, four-wheel drive transfer case and turbo/supercharger. It also has hybrid vehicle options.

As with most vehicle service contract providers, newer cars are eligible for more comprehensive coverage. Visit Toco’s website to find out which coverage option fits your budget and vehicle — the company has sample contracts and sample payment plans.

Warranty benefits

Toco’s warranty plans include several benefits outside of vehicle coverage. These include the following:

• 24/7 roadside assistance: Toco gives you access to roadside assistance that can jump-start your car, change a flat tire, deliver fuel, send a locksmith or tow your car up to 15 miles.
  • Trip interruption coverage: If your vehicle has a covered breakdown more than 100 miles from your home, Toco helps with restaurant and hotel reimbursement if your car can’t be repaired within a day. It covers up to $100 a day (for both meals and lodging) for up to three days, with a $300 cap per breakdown.
  • Rental car benefits: If your vehicle has a breakdown covered by your contract with Toco, the company will pay or reimburse you to rent a car or use alternate transportation while your vehicle is being repaired. The company provides a maximum of $40 for every four hours of applicable labor time, the time required to complete an inspection or the time it takes to receive parts — with a maximum benefit of $200 per repair visit. No deductible is required for this benefit.
  • Hotel/motel discounts: Toco Warranty customers receive discounts on any stay booked through Hotels.com, and you can get a 5% rebate when you send the company your receipt.

Toco Warranty cost

Toco Warranty’s monthly prices vary based on your car’s age and mileage. To get an accurate estimate of your monthly coverage cost, visit Toco’s website and fill out the online interest form. You’re required to provide specific information about your vehicle, including the following:

• The make
  • The model
  • The year
  • The current mileage

If you choose to speak to a representative over the phone, you only need to provide your vehicle identification number (VIN).

After providing this information, you receive an accurate quote of your monthly payment. The company charges a $5 late payment fee if your account is past due over five days, but the fee may be waived at Toco’s discretion. Your contract will be canceled with no notification if you’re more than 15 days past due.

Toco Warranty FAQ

Where is Toco Warranty available?

Toco’s services are available in 46 states. The company’s services are not available in Alaska, California, Missouri and Washington.

Can I cancel my Toco Warranty?

Yes, you can cancel your Toco Warranty plan. While the company does not currently charge a fee to cancel, the contract states it does have the option to charge a cancellation fee.

Who owns Toco Warranty?

Toco Warranty is owned by the Toco Warranty Corp., which is located in West Hills, California.

Is Toco Warranty legit?

Toco is a solid choice if you’re looking for an extended auto warranty. The company keeps your decision simple by offering one plan with four levels of coverage and provides multiple benefits. You can also use any ASE-certified mechanic for repairs.

We recommend Toco Warranty’s services for vehicle owners searching for a comprehensive vehicle service contract with no down payment.

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toco Warranty?

Original review: June 18, 2022

Filled out the form on the internet, Sergio called and was very professional and answered all questions. The customer experience/service was "excellent". I don't enjoy pressure and he did not pressure me to make a choice. Sergio explained the coverage and the exclusions. He also sent me emails with information to visualize as well as verbal.

Toco Warranty response

Thank you for allowing us to be your trusted repair coverage. Service contracts may be boring to talk about, and who wants to talk about car repairs? With Toco, we will handle the repairs moving forward so you can spend your time on other, more enjoyable things. We appreciate you, your business, and your trust.

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 15, 2022

To whom it may concern. I am a firm believer in complaining when the service is no good and complimenting when the service is GOOD. I must say Travis was by far one of the best customer service reps I have ever dealt with. His professionalism was A-1... It's really rare these days that you feel like the person on the other end of the line really cares and goes the extra mile to try to get answers for you... Travis was the main reason. I didn't lose my cool throughout this process. Just seeing the effort, care and true professionalism he put into our phone calls was 2nd to none. I want to thank Travis one more time for all he did for me. It's much appreciated. If Toco had 10 Travis's this company would be golden.

Toco Warranty response

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed description of your interactions with Toco. We appreciate the opportunity to serve and we will make sure that Travis' managers and teammates hear about your wonderful praise. Thank you again.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2022

He was very pleasant and nice. He explained everything and even joked about his son. We even talked about our marriage and daughters and grandkids. I would recommend him to my friends and the company. He was very thorough.

Toco Warranty response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience and for sharing your story. We are regular people looking to help others and be a force of good. Our belief is that unexpected and expensive car repairs cause grief, stress, and frustration. Our goal is to be the Easy, Affordable, and Stress-free solution to these issues and provide customers a partner in making sure that repairs are performed efficiently and effectively. Thank you for allowing Toco to be your Trusted Repair Coverage.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

I talked to Omar ** today regarding my policy for my 2009 Malibu. He was very pleasant to talk to. I was told the good changes on my account with detail. I have been with Toco since 2018 and never had an issue. I want to thank Omar for reaching out and delivering the good news.

- Sedonia **

Toco Warranty response

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a nice review. We appreciate the time you took to share your experience. We are so excited to offer you the upgrade and we are certain that you are set up for success! Thank you again for your long-standing business, allowing Toco to be your Trusted Repair Coverage.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

This man Derrick… He has the gift of gab. :) He sold me a policy I didn’t think I need. But after careful consideration being a single mom in the world of the auto industry… If something does happen to my car… I wouldn’t be able to shell out a whole lot of money. I loved his customer service. He was nice and friendly and assisted me in every step of the way.

Toco Warranty response

We love Derrick! He does a great job of helping our customers determine if the coverage is a good fit, and it sounds like this is. Thank you for allowing us to help protect your car, your budget, and your family. We know that car repair costs are not pleasant to have to think about, but it's sure better to have the peace of mind that comes with knowing you are protected. We hope that you never go through the frustrations of a breakdown, but we will be there for you if you do. We appreciate you, your business, and your trust.

Original review: July 7, 2022

Derek was very helpful, kind understanding… He explained the policy perfectly well… He answered all my questions when asked.. Derek was able to tell what was covered and how to reach certain departments on as needed basis. Derek needs to be praised for his diligent work.

Toco Warranty response

At Toco, we strive to make every interaction memorable, and it sounds like Derrick did just that. Thanks for allowing us to have a few moments of your day.

Original review: July 2, 2022

I called Toco after review your company online. Omar was fantastic! He answered all my questions, made sure I understood everything and was very thorough and professional! I'm glad I called. :) I hope I never need this coverage but, as my vehicle ages, it's good to know that Toco will be there for me down the road.

Toco Warranty response

We hope that you never have to deal with car repairs, but we are here for you if it happens. We appreciate your business, your review, and your trust. Thank you for allowing Toco to serve.

Original review: June 30, 2022

Wendy was very helpful! She answered lots of questions. Educated me on options for our other vehicles. It is very nice to come across a good customer service person that cares about the company they work for and helps their customers at the same time. If I had a position open I would have tried to recruit her. That's a huge compliment!

Toco Warranty response

We agree! We think that he is one of the best. Thank you for taking the time to detail your experience. We appreciate the opportunity to serve and look forward to helping you in your time of need.

Original review: June 29, 2022

Derrick ** is an exceptional agent, very knowledgeable about the services your company offers and has a wonderful attitude and phone presents. Because of his willingness to get me the coverage I needed and making the conversation fun, I have already forwarded his name to 3-4 of my co-workers!!! Great Job Derrick... 2 thumbs up!!!

Toco Warranty response

It is amazing how one nice conversation can change one's day. Thank you for allowing us to be there to have that conversation. At Toco, we strive to make every interaction memorable and it sounds like Derrick did just that. Thanks for allowing us to have a few moments of your day.

Original review: June 21, 2022

They helped me with my issue that I had and they were very nice about it. They were very understanding when I called regarding my payment because I had my credit/debit cards stolen and have to wait for replacement cards before I can make a payment

Toco Warranty response

We are so sorry to hear about your stolen cards and we understand that a little extra help that the right time can mean so much. Thank you for allowing us to serve.

Toco Warranty Company Information