Rusty Wallace Kia

Louisville, TN

Compare Auto Dealers

Research top Auto Dealers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

We have purchased (2) cars from Rusty Wallace in the past (2) years. I called with a question, spoke with the salesman who sold us our last car. He stated we needed to speak with the service dept. My husband called the service dept. and was told by the service dept. manager that our original sales person, told him "He didn't want to fool with it." How's that for service and courtesy after the sale?? Maybe Rusty Wallace & other Owners of this dealership need to have a "Come To Jesus Meeting" with their employees. From what I have read from the previous posts listed here we are not the only ones who have encountered the "RUDE ATTITUDE" that they have at Alcoa. You are treated with more courtesy than that at Walmart...

I was going to refer a couple of people to go to Rusty Wallace, well that won't happen now. Maybe they are like the banks, think they are Too Big To Fail. They might get a surprise. I will not ever do any type of business with Rusty Wallace, Alcoa again and would advise others to steer clear of them also. Apparently they need an attitude adjustment...

After lying about getting me another car and was told "we will take care of you" is a crock of mud. They have ran my credit without my approval and it has dropped my score so low. Even a month later I'm still getting denials from loan companies. Thanks to Rusty Wallace Kia. I would never recommend your company to anyone.

I went to this location after seeing a TV commercial advertising $6,500 for your trade as long as it runs and you can drive it. The ad also said plus no payments until Jan. 2016. Upon arrival I was greeted as everyone was friendly. I asked for ** whom I had been emailing about a new Sportage. He was pleasant as I explained what I was looking for. We test drove a new Sportage and then sat down to go over the price. I was discouraged to see that they paid the price by a large amount which they call a D. M. A. markup. I was then informed that any offers cannot be combined. Bottom line is this: I was offered only $800.00 for my trade and after all rebates and "special offers" that I qualified for, the final price they wanted me pay was barely below MSRP, not to mention that I could not even get the no payments until Jan. 2016.

I took my Kia in for its first service visit (my baby went to see doctor for her first time). I was somewhat apprehensive b/c I felt something was really wrong w/ the engine. What had I done? Or not done? OMGoodness, I have burned up my motor, ran it w/o oil, maybe too much oil, or messed up the engine by putting "CHEAP" gas in her. (CHEAP??? Lol... but great mileage my baby gets!!! Better mileage than the VW Bugs I used to own!!! Sure does!!) Service Dept Mgr., laughed as he was reiterating exactly what had happened after 30 mins of servicing my Kia. He explained that "you must tighten the gas cap back on servicers ('real right' to in East Tennessee slang) b/c if you fail to do this, the service maintenance light will come on, stay on, until you take your Kia in for servicing."

I had no idea what was wrong w/ my new car but I was uneasy about the engine light/servicers light coming on (& not going off) since it was a brand new car. I was worried I had done something, or one of those old, old stories about Kias being junkers! (Early Kia days prior to Jesus touching the well built Kia cars of today.) Yes, my Kia was my first new car in many years & I promise you, she loves all of the service techs/mgr. at Alcoa Hwy. They are very considerate of your car, time & more importantly, your purse. I would recommend them to you & you, & Apostle Paul, King David, Cain & Abel, Mary & Martha & of course, Lydia. (The woman with the issue of blood that touched Jesus' garment.) Jesus cruises around in Kias - He sure rides with me!

I was interested in a 2012 Kia Soul +. I looked at all the pictures online and talked with the salesman frequently. We had a deal before I arrived as I live 51 miles away. I was truthful about my trade-in and they gave me what I asked. They did not tell me a rim had been curbed and the tire pressure sensor light is on. They aired tire up and it didn't fix it... My wife drove back today and after waiting an hour and a half, they said it was ready. On the ride home it came right back on. So now she has to go back in 2 days and have them work on it again. Remember we live 51 miles away and she will be waiting in the lobby AGAIN.

The finance manager was very rude during negotiations and even put my title and paperwork back in envelope and said we're all in. We was negotiating over $4 a month on my payment. I had my wife's hopes up so I got her the vehicle for Mother's Day... let's hope they make it right. Oh and when I got there it had mismatched tires. Salesman told me everything was 100% because I said I don't wanna drive an hour and waste my time. A dealership of this magnitude can't even put matching tires on a car? Also after working on it today, when my wife called back, they asked her for the VIN and said they had done deleted the work they did out of the system. They told her they just aired tired up and my wife said they did that before he took it home and then their story changed to 'no we did more than just air it up...'

We will see how this ends...so far I am at the point I will NEVER deal with these people again once they fix it as documented they have to. I have a 2014 Impala LT Premium with all upgrades. When I needed something done with Chevy, I felt like top priority. My wife also didn't get any paperwork saying they did ANYTHING. Chevy always provides documentation on the few bumper-to-bumper warranty fixes I have had done.

I never leave reviews... I am a truck driver and I don't have time for this. I bought mine at Rusty Wallace Kia of Knoxville on Parkside Drive...they said to replace the wheel that was curbed - it would cost $500 for the rim and $300 for the tire. Come on? I can get a whole set of after-market premium wheels and tires mounted and balanced and shipped to my door for $965 and these tires were 18-inch I got a quote for. The ones on it are factory 16-inch rims...VERY DISAPPOINTED SO FAR. We will see how long it takes to fix it and if they offer some gas for the 200 miles there and back to fix something they never told me about 'til I got there.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rusty Wallace Kia?

I called the online number to Rusty Wallace Kia on Callahan Dr. during the "$6500.00 trade in promotion." I specifically asked about the Base Kia Soul that Rusty did a TV promo for a 2015 Soul for $14,995. I was told they may not have one on the lot but could easily find one at that price. I offered to make it easier for them by offering to accept a either a 2014 or a 2015. They said no problem! I drove all the way down there and after wasting two hours, I was insulted by them telling me they couldn't find one at that price. The best price they gave me was a Kia on the lot for $22,995. This didn't include any fees, taxes or dealer charges or "so-called" dealer accessories. What a rip off! This would have come to around nineteen grand after my so called $6500.00 trade in. Rusty Wallace pretends to be a reputable guy and allows the same old bait and switch B.S. that crooked used car dealers have used for years. You can best bet I will never even look at a Rusty Wallace car lot again!

Bought my car there in June, a week later guess what?? Transmission problems! Had to argue with them to get them to fix it, then they decided they didn't want to give me a loner car! Well about 4 days later they said it was done so I told them to park it where I could get to it since I didn't get off work until 3am. upon arriving my car was still parked in the fence so I had to get my mother in law to drive an hour and a half to get me because my friend from work dropped me off and I didn't have his number, then yesterday we go to trade our car in and the manager starts getting on my case about my credit score and then had the nerve to tell me he wasn't even going to try to sell me a car and even if my credit was a little better he still didn't know if he would sell me another car. Worst place ever. They are nothing but liars.

I bought my 2013 Sportage in November. On April 29th, my CD player stopped playing. I called the service department on Alcoa Hwy to set up a time to come in. When I explained that my CD player had quit working, the man on the phone said "Why did you break it?" I have to admit that I was not amused with that comment. I proceeded to explain what it was doing and he told me to bring it in so they could look at it. I asked if they could do it on Saturday and he told me they were there between 8 & 3. On Saturday May 3, I took my vehicle into the service department. I spoke to Amanda @ the check-in point and I explained to her why I was there. I also asked her how long it would be as I didn't want to be there all day. She proceeded to tell me that it would be at least 45 minutes to an hour before anyone could look at it as they only had one tech there. She told me snottily that she needed my key. I gave it to her & walked back to my car to get my purse and I said that I had only had the car for 6 months and it is already tore up.

I went to the service lounge to wait. Amanda came in and told me she needed me to sign the service order which I did. I waited for a little while and then I decided that I was going to have someone come & pick me up so that I could do my other errands. I went back to Amanda and told her that I was going to leave & could they call me when it was finished. She informed me that it was done and if I could give her a few minutes to finish the paperwork. I said fine and went back to the waiting area. She then came in a few minutes later and informed me that my car was around back and to come with her. I did and when she started explaining that due to regulations they had to reset my CD player and that I would not get a new unit and if it did it again, they would replace the unit.

Number 1, I never asked for a new unit. Number two, she proceeded to tell me that she loved working for this company, she had a degree in automobile engineering and better than that she loved Jesus Christ and she felt that I had treated her badly. I told her that first of all, I am the customer and she was not going to preach to me and that I did not feel that I had done anything to her and that we were done. She proceeded to tell me that she forgave me and for me to have a blessed day and then slammed my car door. I told her that I was going to report her and she said fine. I immediately drove up to the showroom where I was met by Brad who asked if he could help me and I told him I was looking for the manager. He informed me that he was the manager so I relayed my experience that I had just had with Amanda. He asked for my name & number and he was going to speak with Amanda's boss Steve who wasn't there. I told him that I did not appreciate being talked to like that and that I had a lot of money tied up in that car. I really don't expect to hear anything from them, but its just the point of Amanda having the gall to speak to a customer that way. What happened to "The customer is always right"?

If she has a degree in automobile engineering, then why is she working at check-in to the service department. That may be an indicator of the qualified employees they hire at Rusty Wallace Kia. I guess we consumers do have a price to pay for the too-good-to-be-true warranty that comes with the Kia. We have to be insulted and preached to by their service department employees when we bring our vehicles back that have failed. Oh and by the way, the way they reset my CD player was to unhook the battery and hook it back up. Had I been told that when I phoned the service department to set up the appointment, I could have done that myself and I don't even have an automobile engineering degree! I can safely say that I will never purchase another thing from Rusty Wallace Kia and if they keep treating their customers this way, they won' have any business left. I think I will go back to Ford or Chevrolet and I can guarantee that it won't be purchased from Rusty Wallace!!

Kia gave me a loaner twice. I think it was total of a little less than 2 weeks that they kept my Nissan. I made many calls and trips to KIA, to try to clear up issues with either the smell that was making me sick, the radio, the speaker covers, the flashing warning lights and no tag arriving to me as they said it would. So many calls that some of the people became irritated at me. I was lied to and repeatedly taken advantage of because I was told they would do things they did not do until I persisted. Some things finally were accomplished. My car was never cleaned. In the beginning, almost always, I had to call back as no one would tell me what was going on. I finally told Kevin what had been going on and he promised he would take care of things and let me know what was going on, but in the end Kevin didn't do as he said he would either.

Dec 30-2013. I traded a 2011 Honda CRZ with 34,754 miles and a 2002 Nissan with 121,000 for a 2010 Nissan with 68,000 miles. I thought it reasonable to expect that eventually, I would have a nice working radio, (as John thought the Sony in the car was working, that someone would show us how to use it) driver's side rear view mirror, speaker covers, a clean car that didn't smell like air freshener trying to cover up nastiness, and the tag from my previous car on the one I was getting. John acted like I should drive the car home, saying your car is ready even though it did not have a driver's side rear view mirror. Only when I stressed that that would be illegal did they put me in a Kia until they could get the mirror installed. In a few days I was told the car was ready again. I looked and saw the radio was not installed and the car was still dirty. I said I didn't want the car without those things being fixed, so they let me keep the loaner a few more days.

Jan 6-14. I drove the dirty car without speaker covers or tag home and found a brake light flashing. I took it back to KIA and they gave me another loaner. Later I went to pick up the car again as I was told once again that it was ready. I asked about the tag and John said wait a few minutes, then came back and said someone destroyed or threw away the tag and that he would order me a new one and they would pay for it. He went to get a temporary tag to last until end of Jan. Over the time, I told John many times, that they needed to clean the car good. I developed a sinus infection during this time. John went so far as to say, I could bring the car to them to wash pretty much whenever I wanted to. I not have brought my car back to be washed on the outside even one time. My car still smelt very bad and I asked John if they changed the cabin air filter and he said he thought they had.

1-16-14. I bought a cabin air filter from Autozone for $17.55. 1-31-14. I drove back so they could put in the new cabin filter I bought. The filter they took out of my car was filthy and evidence that they had not really been trying to clean my car.
2-4-14. I took the car to them so they could put the speaker covers on. I took vinegar for them to use to clean my seats and car insides. They acted as though they cleaned the car for the third time, even went so far as to rinse the outside.
2-6-14. I called to ask where was the place that installed my radio. I was told across from the Orangery in Knoxville. When I arrived in Knoxville across from The Orangery, I found out that was incorrect, so I called and asked again. Derrick got on the phone and said (without me prompting him) that he would fill up my tank because I was given wrong directions. I was going to take him up on that offer only because of the cabin filter I had to buy and the constant lies everyone kept telling.
2-10-14. I went in to let them look at my flashing red airbag light. Derrick said, I have to drive your car to get the gas I promised you. When he came back, I noticed he lied because he only put in a few dollars and did not fill the tank. Derrick came to me and said that flashing light with the exclamation is because of the after factory wheels. I said not that light, the red airbag light I told you about. He said let me go look. He came back and said they couldn't fix that because Kevin said I had my car past 30 days.

2-19-14 I found a lot of hail damage that they did not disclose to me. I guess the washing I gave it a couple of days ago made it more evident to the eye.

Rusty wallace kia north sold me a 2013 kia soul. 5 days to do the deal, not one time DID the salesman say the vehicle has no spare tire or jack in the vehicle. I find out the spare tire kit is 250.00. You would think a new vehicle would come with a jack and spare tire. If you are looking at new kias, look good or you will be sorry.

This was for my grandson's Dodge Caravan. He is in a wheelchair and this is his only means of transportation. The service manager said $95 charge (diagnostic check) to determine if there was a hole in the radiator. We waited over two hours and my grandson missed his therapy as it took longer than originally advised. They determined there was a hole in the radiator and gave us a quote for repairs. We were told it would take approximately 4 hours to repair. I was there at 7:50am the next day, Wed, 03 Apr. 2013. Again, they said 4 hours. They gave me a loaner car so I left to go have breakfast and came back at noon. Van would not be ready until 3pm. At 3pm, I was told the wrong radiator was sent. They gave me another loaner. I took my grandson to lunch and returned around 4:30pm.

At 5:50pm, I was advised the second radiator was the wrong one also. They gave me a loaner and said the part would be delivered at 8:30am on Thurs, 04 Apr. and the van would be ready by 9:30am. I arrived at 9:34am and the van was not ready. It was after 11:30am when the van was finally finished. When the service manager gave me the final bill, he said he had taken 10% off but the bill was higher than the original quote. I talked to one of the managers and he adjusted the bill. It was $22 less than the original quote. I spent over 12 hours at Kia for a radiator repair while my grandson was stranded with no transportation. The manager assured me nothing like this would happen again. He said they should have never taken the van as they do not have the parts. It would have been nice if I had been told that at the very first. The customer service was great but the service was very poor.

I have owned Hondas and Toyotas, and I decided to try a Kia Optima turbo. I think it is a beautiful car. Shortly after getting it, I started having many problems. I had it into the dealership in Callahan numerous times. The paperwork, when I got any, always said "operating normally". Well, this ole girl can tear down a Chevy small block and rebuild it blindfolded. They must have a bunch of lame mechanics. I would have them ride with me, and then they would be aware of the problem, but they still couldn't fix it. I met with Johnna the factory rep and she was arrogant, condescending and a true **! They need to run her off or give her some lessons in customer relations. She made me feel that all the problems with my car were my fault. I approached a manager named Mr. ** and referred my problems to him, and he basically told me to take my business elsewhere. How's that for customer service?

Since all this happened, I have read many accounts exactly like mine including the part about going elsewhere. I think Kia should address these issues. I would not recommend Kia and especially Rusty Wallace Kia to my worst enemy. I bought a new Honda Accord about 3 months ago and was treated like a lady; I got a great deal and have had zero problems. The Honda salesman was a real gentleman and said he had numerous Rusty Wallace customers come in with the same complaints. Before I got rid of mine, I tried Ted Russell Kia service, and they did a good job and were very nice to deal with. Maybe if I had gone there in the first place, I would have been better off. I am new to the area and live in Norris, and Wallace was the closest. Good luck!

Do yourself a favor and don't buy a Kia from Rusty Wallace Kia Callahan. If it breaks, they can't fix it. And if you want to speak to the owner, he will dodge you. And if you lemon law it, you have one year from purchase. And if you have the pleasure of meeting the regional parts and service manager, good luck with that. Your best bet is, don't buy a Kia. They are great looking but short on substance. They have many engineering quirks and no one knows how to fix them. Rattles, vibrations, lousy nav systems, and many other problems. The salesman was nice and that's about it. Otherwise, what a nightmare. Their answer to customer service is to ignore the problem.

Do yourself a favor and don't buy a Kia from Rusty Wallace Kia Callahan. If it breaks, they can't fix it. And if you want to speak to the owner, he will dodge you. And if you use lemon law against it, you have one year from purchase. And if you have the pleasure of meeting the regional parts and service manager, Johna, good luck with that. Your best bet is don't buy a Kia. They are great looking but short on substance. They have many engineering quirks and no one knows how to fix them. Rattles, vibrations, lousy nav systems, and many other problems. The salesman was nice and that's about it. Otherwise, what a nightmare. Their answer to customer service is to ignore the problem.

They sold us a Lemon in 08/2010. We fought until 12/2011 trying to get them to repair defects in the transmission, heated seats, sunroof, and suspension. They low-balled us on our trades. It was a miserable buying experience. Their service department could not identify issues that an independent technician could identify in 45 minutes. They had the car for 19 days and still, they could not correct the issues.

We had an arbitration case and due to the fact that they blatantly lied, we lost the case. Their Regional Parts and Service Manager, Johna **, is rude, condescending, and a downright misery to deal with. I would never recommend a Kia or Rusty Wallace as my worst enemy. They do not stand behind their products and do not care that their customers are unhappy. Rusty Wallace would be ashamed knowing these things are going on at his dealerships. Please, for your own sanity, stay away!

I am writing to follow-up a complaint I made under my name regarding my 2003 Camry. After I complained, Travis called to let me know that Rusty Wallace Kia had decided to repair my car. Unfortunately, I cannot revise my previous comments as posted here but I would assure all readers that Rusty Wallace Kia and particularly Travis ** made matters right with my car and I am very appreciative. Thanks to Travis ** and Rusty Wallace Kia.

I purchased a 2007 Kia Opt, new, big mistake. I had nothing, but problems; Rusty Wallace did not care. I was told not to come back, and they didn't want me as a customer. I have owned many new automobiles and have never had any problems. I had bought several new Nissans and Toyotas, and never had any problems at dealership shops. They didn't even document the reason why I had brought the car in for problems, and they acted as if I was making it up. There were no records in their computers.

This car has electrical problems; I had to replace headlights and brake lights continuously, and I had to re-do the front end twice (bad struts and et cetera). I have not ever gotten the gas mileage that was posted-- not even the low end. The sensor for air bags has been on forever, and they would not fix it. The headlights were on low beams; it was like having none because you have to drive on high beam. I would never purchase another Kia, and I would never purchase a car through a Rusty Wallace dealership again.

I purchased a 2009 Kia Optima with a manufacturer's warranty. I was never told the car was previously wrecked. The car is severely damaged underneath. I have had the car for about a year and never took it anywhere for service except to the dealership where I bought it. After almost a year, they showed me the damage. With the extensive damage, I'm betting a lot of the warranty is void.

They have offered to fix it, but I would never feel safe in it. I have told them several times that it lurches, but they can't find what's wrong. They said it did not do it when they drove it. They agreed to give me a fair trade. They offered me a car like mine (does not look as good as mine) with over 40,000 miles (mine only has 22,703). The warranty runs out at 60,000 so this difference is important to me. When I asked if we could both look underneath the car, so this doesn't happen again, they told me I was "being negative". I was afraid to even take the car without looking underneath and making sure it was not damaged.

I am writing as a follow-up to two complaints under my name. After I complained, Travis ** called to let me know that Rusty Wallace Kia had decided to cover my deductible. Unfortunately, I cannot revise my previous comments as posted here but I would assure all readers that Rusty Wallace Kia, and particularly Travis **, made matters right with my car and I am very appreciative. Thank you to Travis ** and Rusty Wallace Kia.

I purchased a 2003 Toyota Camry from Rusty Wallace Kia South on Alcoa Highway on Monday July 25, 2011 at 5:30pm. On Thursday, July 28, 2011 at around 8am, the check engine light came on. I took the car back to the dealership where I was informed that the catalytic converter was bad. I was told it would cost around 900.00 to fix it and they would cover half of that. For me, this is not good customer service. I was able to drive my new car for 2 days, and now it sits in my driveway, because I cannot afford to have it repaired. And I know I got the spill from the service manger that I bought it as is, but you know that just does not sit well with me. They should strive to provide excellent customer satisfaction. The service I have received from this dealership is the total opposite of what is advertised.

This complaint pertains to Rusty Wallace KIA in East Tennessee. Last month, I brought my 2005 KIA Rio in for its third bearing replacement in 86,000 miles of service, after the others had failed following prior KIA repairs. Immediately after repairing the failed bearing, the Service Department took my car and moved it out on the lot, fully knowing that a Tornado with golf ball sized hail was approaching the area.

While other shops in the area either kept customers' cars in bays or a secure area, some others decided to cover the insurance deductibles for cars that were damaged in the storm. Not so with Rusty Wallace KIA. After leaving customers' cars out in the lot facing the storm, Rusty Wallace hid behind an "Act of God" defense, refusing to do anything to help customers whose cars were destroyed by the storm. In my case, the bearing replacement amounted to $1,100, when taking into account the insurance deductible. So East Tennessee KIA owners beware, KIA (in particular Rusty Wallace KIA) will do nothing to ensure the safety of your car while in its care, and in the event that your vehicle is damaged while in their "care", you are on your own.

I am a current Kia Rondo owner. I purchased it in 2007 from Rusty Wallace Honda in Knoxville, TN. It has 47,000 miles on it, and I owe close to $14,000 on my loan.

On Saturday, 11/14/2009, I went to Rusty Wallace Kia to see about trading my car for a different one. Before I went, I saw on the internet that Rusty Wallace Kia was paying up to $2,000 over Kelly Bluebook for your car, even if you buy theirs or not. I test drove a Sorento and gave the car salesman all my Kia Rondo information, condition, and payments I was making monthly, etc.

He took down all my basic finance information that was needed. He proceeded to discuss my situation over with the finance manager Mike. The car salesman came out about 10 minutes later and flooded me with numbers, telling me that Mike said I was $4,000-$5,000 over my head with my Rondo. The car salesman basically said, "I don't want to go any further because we can't help you." Actually, they didn't see dollar signs on my deal so they pushed me out the door. They weren't going to make any money so they threw numbers upon numbers in my face to basically say there was no way they would help me.

The car salesman didn't offer to show me anything that was used or any other car at that. It was a closed deal after he spoke with Mike. They didn't want to help me because they weren't going to make money off of me. Very mistreated and misled by the internet offer they were advertising, I will never buy a Kia again after that incident. I will never go to that Kia dealership again. I will tell everyone I know the way I was treated by those two men yesterday. Someone needs to tell them how to treat honest customers.

Rusty Wallace Kia Company Profile