4.57/5
Based on 7 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

7 Suzuki Motorcycles Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

My Suzuki GS 650 looks like Fonzarelli's motorcycle in "Happy Days". It was dark blue and chrome. It had the upstanding chrome rear view mirrors on the left and right. It was so cool and great on gas. It had great balance and was easy to maintain upright when getting on. I was looking for a street bike that was powerful yet not a road hog. It was very economical too. I needed a dependable form of transportation and decided to research different motorcycles and I realized that the GS 650 was the best fit. It was not too heavy that it was a pain to keep level at a light. It was perfect for my height, and was very comfortable. The motorcycle had enough space to include a passenger and I went through two different girlfriends with that motorcycle. It had a very nice black leather or faux leather seat that was very comfortable. The only thing I did not like that it was expensive to replace front tire when it wore down.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I really enjoyed the ride and build quality of my GS850G. It was a very lucky with maintenance bike and was running very well right up until I sold it. I do know that it is still going today and has well over 90,000 on it and it is all original and was never cracked open. I love the brand and would not change anything. I bought the bike out of necessity because of gas prices. It was the first bike I ever owned and was the bike I learned on. It was in my price range so I purchased it and maintained it by the book and so does its current owner. I would love to own another. Everybody likes different things on a bike but I am not picky as long as it is a cruiser style and not a sports bike. It’s a bike, it’s just a form of transportation.

Get expert buying tips about Motorcycle Brands delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I ended up buying it because the price and styling was right. For the money it was the best deal for bike available. The reliability of this bike made it really easy to own and I never worried about being stranded. It also has plenty of parts and accessories available. But it had hard compression and was difficult to Kickstart, especially when cold. It also had a complicated starting sequence that made getting going kind of a pain in the rear, but in the other hand, it made it hard to steal. Overall the motorcycle was great and really fun to ride.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

I like that the bike is reliable and powerful. And the steel frame with an aluminum subframe makes it light and easy to handle. Suzuki makes one specific model that I enjoy riding, is comfortable for me, and meets my needs as a sports bike rider. It is faster, and easier to ride than any other comparable bike I've ridden. The brand makes many very boring, uninteresting things, but this one model is great.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

My overall experience with this brand is very good and I chose it over other brand because I think it best displays what I love and like about motorcycles. It was also the brand of my first motorcycle I ever rode. It helps me get a good feeling while I am riding my motorcycle. Additionally the brand name is really cool and great. But the color combinations should be improved.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Suzuki Motorcycles?

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

This is my favorite motorcycles brand and I choose it over all others. It's convenient and essential and it's works out for me. I don't plan on changing my motorcycles brands anytime soon. I like how physically attractive and aesthetic the motorcycles look and how well they ride on streets. They're very smooth and I get many compliments on it. I wish a lower the price though.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I have owned two Suzuki Motorcycles. They both have performed well. They have very low maintenance. They are a motorcycle you can count on. I know other people who also own them and they feel the same way about them. Suzuki Motorcycles are a quality machine. They are built to last. I have not had any problems with the Suzuki Motorcycles I have owned. I would definitely purchase another without hesitation. I always recommend them to others. They are a motorcyle that you can count on.

Suzuki Motorcycles expert review by Jonathan Trout

Based in Japan, Suzuki is known for its ATVs, motorcycles, engines and cars. It makes more than 50 models of motorcycle in the sports, cruiser, touring, standard, adventure and motocross categories.

• Suzuki Boulevard: The Suzuki Boulevard is a line of cruiser motorcycles. You can choose from eight different models, each with different features. Suzuki built its cruiser line to marry power and style with a laid-back ride for long-distance road trips. Check out the company’s website for all pricing and specifications for each model.

• Hayabusa: The Hayabusa is one of Suzuki’s main sportbike models. It features high acceleration, a lightweight aluminum frame and state-of-the-art suspension. It’s made to provide excellent control and stability in tight corners and comes with antilock brakes for added safety. The base model for the Hayabusa is $14,600.

• Bandit 1250S: The Bandit 1250S is in Suzuki’s standard classification of motorcycles. Priced at $10,000 the 1250S is built for the road with a liquid-cooled four-cylinder engine that makes for smooth acceleration. It comes with adjustable suspension, antilock brakes and a display that features RPM on the left and speed, fuel and other warnings on the right. Check out the full list of specifications for all of Suzuki’s standard motorcycle models online.

• V-Strom: Suzuki’s V-Strom line of motorcycles are built for adventure both on- and off-road. There are seven models of V-Strom bikes, which come with varying specifications either in design, features or engine size. Key features include liquid-cooled V-Twin engines, antilock brakes, tubeless tires, traction control, light-adjustable display and mounting points for luggage compartments. The base price for the V-Strom is $13,300.

• RM: If you race motocross, you’ll want to look at Suzuki’s RM line. It offers three different models ranging in size and in price from $1,800 to $9,000. The largest size features an EPA-compliant fuel-injected engine, an electric starter, a coolant reservoir tank and a backup kick-start for the engine. The bike has an aluminum-alloy frame, high-performance suspension and a race-ready seat design for an ergonomic riding position.

• Best for: people looking for a lot of options for cruiser, touring, adventure and motocross motorcycles.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout