Sunoco

Coastal

Compare Auto Service and Repair

Research top Auto Service and Repair recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have been a loyal customer for 25 years. In Jan 2016, my bank was switching over to a new system, and my payment was 3 days late. Sunoco Credit decided to reduce my credit limit. I called the customer service and explained what had happen, and they could not help. I also had my bank on the phone to explain what had happen. The Customer Service Rep said, their computer system control their increase and decrease. Overall, I'm thinking about leaving Sunoco after 25 years.

Went to the Sunoco on 25 and they always have horrible customer service/employees. My last visit I went in and they always have someone new working there but they made a comment that was very disrespectful and demeaning. I will not return and tell people not to go there. I wouldn't give it a star out of 5 stars. Awful.

I always stop at Sunoco gas station 7759 at 2000 Edgerton, Broadview Heights, Ohio to fill up my tank. Last two times on Oct 30 and Nov 13 I had very bad experience. The cashier named ** was very rude and unprofessional. I always get big printed receipt for fuel but she lied to me they don't have it. I asked for a manager and finally I got the receipt. She wrote a transaction time even I asked NOT to do that. I told I never come back to this gas station, she said she doesn't care.

Second time it happened again with the same cashier **. I asked manager's phone number and she gave me her own phone number and answer it when my dispatcher called to complain. Later somebody called back pretending to be a manager and didn't give his name. This situation was pathetic. Somebody have to investigate this. I'm very disappointed and never come here again.

I purchased a vehicle from the dealership on 2/11/15 and after running the fuel out I stopped at Sunoco at 285 Christiana Rd New Castle DE on 2/15/15, filled my tank up, drove home. The next day my check engine light came on and had water in tank.

Sunoco Gas Station, 6855 Dorchester Road North Charleston, SC, (843) 552-4998. The stupid ** thinks that her problem with me means I can't shop there. I told a clerk in training, "I don't have time for you to be figuring it all out. I need two Full Throttle drinks and $8 in gas for the other guy out there by Pump 3. Today. Now." And the head peon refused me service, so the guy needing the gas had to come in and pay.

Next time I went in she said, "You need to leave" like she actually had something to say to me. So I threw the money on the counter and made it clear that if I wanted something from her store I'd take it and she needed to count herself lucky if I paid for it. I have been throwing money at her while she calls 911 for 9 months now.

This is big fun for me. I don't get my mail where I really live, I live in a different jurisdiction than the police she's always snitching to and as long as I see fit to leave money, she has no "theft/shoplifting" complaint against me. And the whole problem is, as a customer, I was well within my rights to tell the slow-moving clerk, trainee or not, that I didn't have time to waste.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sunco?

On 9/24/14 I purchased gas at a Sunoco station using my debit card inside of the store. I initially purchased $50.00 but my tank filled at $36.83. I reentered the store to ask for the change from the $50.00 and the cashier instructed me that the funds will be put on my card within 24 hours. I returned to the store on 9/28/14 to inform the cashier that the funds were not yet returned to my account. The cashier stated I would need to speak to the corporate office, then I asked for the store manager and was instructed to leave my contact information for them to contact me.

I did not receive a call from a manager so I returned to the store on 9/30/14. The cashier called the manager and I was asked to leave a copy of the receipts that I received when I purchased the gas which I did and once again no one called me. I returned to the store on 10/1/14. I once again spoke with a cashier who called the manager who said that she received a copy of the receipts but I need to contact corporate. I asked why did I have to contact corporate for a refund instead I will go to court and the manager said that she will contact corporate about the issue. As of yet I have not received a refund or a resolution to this dilemma.

I have been to this Sunoco on Fire Rd in EHT several times with nothing but bad experiences. They over pump gas and try to charge you for the gas you did not ask for. I stopped going to this station due to the service. I recently obtained a job in the area and recently had to continue to go to this station. My gas pump takes a little longer to pump than others with my new car. They have continued to make me pump my own gas at the pump and refused while screaming in front of my children. I will no longer return to this company ever. I have heard from other customers the same horrible treatment. I would rather go out of my way 15-20 min in the morning than to be mistreated and for my children to witness.

Sunoco gas station Rt 34 Holmdel 11/20 3.99. All gas stations charging 3.07 to 3.17.

They had sign showing gas is $3.69 but when you get to the pumps, after waiting for 2 hours, $4.23 a gallon. Not fair!

ALERT: Price-gouging at Sunoco gas station on intersection of Arthur Kill and Armstrong Roads in Staten Island, NY. They're charging $5+ for an already-inflated $3.89 gallon of gas.

Sunoco has changed their billing, trying to confuse you enough; so you cannot pay them off each month. They are trying to confuse customers, so they may attempt to collect interest on their cards. The new billing is so confusing that I have to go online to see how much I owe. I do not want to pay them interest.

The credit card receipt does not show what kind of gas was dispensed. On three visits, I asked for a high test but I did not know if I got it. It is the only gas station that I have this experience with.

I feel like I'm being ripped off every time I go to the Sunoco Gas and Grocery store at 3065 Hamburg St. Schenectady, NY (merchant H336653364001). I purchased 2 Monster (16 oz.) drinks at $3.49 each and 2 Heinekens (16 oz.) Beers at $3.99 each. After I left there, I stopped in Hess Gas and Groceries on Curry Road to see what their prices were on these items. The Beer was $1.00 each less and the Monster $0.49 each less. Why only a few blocks up the street am I being price gouged by Sunoco?

I wrote a check for $62.06. The cashier keyed $640.06.

I was told to wait 2 weeks for refund. I went to the bank, paid $30 to stop payment.

Sunoco reimbursed us $30. After we could write a check manually, they would take it. They were able to withdraw $640.06 anyway. We paid the $64.06 in cash. After we called, they reimbursed our account, but we couldn't use our account through the Telecheck machines or manually. Four days later, they withdrew $64.06. I went to Sunoco and they reimbursed it. But to this day, we cannot use our checking account anyplace that Telecheck is used, which is every place we shop for gas, food and clothes.

We can't use our checking account.

The problem is their price gouging on gasoline. I believe it's against the law to raise their prices until they get a new delivery. They are raising their prices for the same gasoline they already have in their tanks and paid for. It's not costing them anything more. I know they do this at all their country stores. There gas includes Sunoco and Valero. I know because I used to work for them; at one time we raised the price five or six times before a delivery.

I called this company because I had heard these were honest mechanics. I asked if they were GM certified to work on a car covered by a warranty. They said, "Bring it up. Yes, we are." I did. I was charged for a tow, charged for diagnostics scan (which I already supplied the codes for from Valvoline automotive center). I was charged for this guy to tell me he didn't know what it was but it may be my engine, knew that when I took it there. Well they said they didn't want to jump through hoops to get the warranty to pay for that. I said, "Fine, I want my car." Will pay dealership because already I was cheated. I went to pick up my car, parts were thrown in my trunk. I asked to speak to the owner. He then came out and said, "You're going to have to take them off anyways" and slammed them on the ground. I said, "Hey, what are you doing?" My wife said, "Please be careful" and he said, "I know how to do my ** job." I told him to leave the parts. He slammed the remainder down and called the police on me because at that point I threatened to not pay the charges, period.

The police came and I was forced to pay the charges but was told by the police sheriff from New Carlisle, Ohio that in order to remove my car, I had to. I did pay in full. The police sheriff then told me that this has happened many times before, not to ever bring my car here and to file in small claims court which I am also doing now. I do not want to see this happen to anyone else. I was lied to regarding what types of services could be rendered, lied to about what was rendered and then treated extremely unprofessionally by the owner of this establishment. My main concern is not money at this time. I want to ensure that this does not ever happen to another consumer in this area. Economic times are hard and people are so afraid to spend money. This is the perfect example of a business taking advantage of an honest hard working consumer who only expects what is paid for in a professional manner.

I have been a member of the Coast Guard Auxiliary for 10 years. My boat has been a facility for 9 years. It is only used for auxiliary use. I have logged many hours on the water. In the past 5 years, I have bought gas only at one station, Sunoco station. I never had a problem with my boat. About a year ago, when they changed to ethanol, I started having problems. I had the carburetors worked on two times and I rebuilt them the last time myself (six Carbs). I noticed my fiber glass gas tank was starting to crack and blister. I had to cut out the tank and replace it. The inside of the tank had crystallized and dissolved the rosin in the tank. You can see lines in the fiberglass where the fuel levels had been.

I have been talking to the boat shops, motorcycle and lawn equipment business around here and they all are having problems. I went to the paper and a reporter was going to look in to it but I lost 2 of my best businesses supporting me. I have documented pictures and parts and about 5 gallon of gas with rosin still in it. PLEASE, PLEASE call me and let's talk. I was in the lawnmower business in the '70s when they first started this and you could tell every motor that has used ethanol in it. I will give you all the help I can. I have other people in the Auxiliary that has had problems also. SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE ABOUT THIS PROBLEM.

Went there to get gas. Price posted on sign was $2.37 per gallon (regular). That was cash price. And they had a credit price posted of $2.43 per gallon. I ask for $10.00 regular and put it on my debit card. I noticed he was giving me the gas at the credit price. I questioned it and he said to me, paying by debit card is the same as paying with a credit card. I said to him, NO it’s not, that paying by debit card is the same as paying for cash. He said, if it’s not paper money then its credit.

That gas station has nothing posted about using a debit card. I feel I wasn't treated fairly. This service station I feel is performing a type of bait and switch. They post a good price for regular, but the only prices posted were for cash and credit. And this last I was at another service station, using a debit card for payment was considered paying as cash, mainly due to the fact that the money automatically from your account.

This mini-mart does not show prices on register when you are paying. It is blanked out. I believe this is against the law. They have been doing this for at least a year now. I asked several times about it and the owners were quite rude. I think they are overcharging the consumers.

On my way home from working in Atlantic City on May 9, 2009 @ 12:08 pm, I pulled in to Absecon Sunoco as their price for gas was $1.97. There were approximately 8 vehicles including myself getting gas. I waited approx. 12 minutes before it was my turn. I pulled up to the pump, turned off my car and asked to please fill it up with regular. I handed the attendant my credit/debit card. As I waited for my car to fill, I noticed another attendant go over to their sign and proceeded to change their price from $1.97/gallon to $2.07/gallon. I thought to myself, oh, I guess they're changing the price as it was I and 2 other vehicles remaining. I looked at the pump and noticed that my price was now $2.07/gal.

I politely asked the attendant, "Can you tell me what price I just paid?" He ignored me. I once again said, "Excuse me, I am asking you a question!" He looked at me & said, "Have nice day, ma'am." I again asked, "How much did I just pay for my gas?" He looked at the pump and said, "$2.07. Have nice day." I asked, "How can that be? I've waited inline for 10 or so minutes for $1.97/gal." He TOTALLY ignored me at that point and proceeded to walk away. Another man at the other pump said, "Well, it still says $1.97 over on this side," but within seconds he said, "Nope, now it's $2.07. I'm taking a picture of this. " I then told the attendant that I was going to report them and drove off.

I feel COMPLETELY violated as I was not EVEN given the choice of price. I waited in line. The signs EVERYWHERE were CLEARLY $1.97 on the signs, pumps, etc. Had I known what the price was I would have proceeded to the next 3 or 5 gas stations that were priced lower than $2.07/gal. How can a station begin filling your tank advertising one price & before you're finished, the price changes??? For me, it is MORE the PRINCIPLE of the matter rather than the $.10 difference. This was blatant "robbery" as I sat there defenseless.

Had vehicle towed towed to service station for brake and suspension work to be performed. Was given estimate and I gave okay for the work to be completed. Picked up vehicle and noticed a violent vibration in steering wheel and front end that was not present prior to delivery. Notified them that it was unsafe to drive and told them to tow it back so they could fix the problem. Was notified problem was solved and picked up vehicle again. Same problem in which vehicle was shaking, vibrating, almost where I couldn't hold the steering wheel. Had them tow it back again.

Meanwhile, I am in a rental and 10 days have passed. They inform me that my wheels are damaged and I must have known this prior to bringing my vehicle in their shop. I was not aware of this. They also informed me that the vehicle was not given a road test due to registration sticker was missing. Invoice states road test was given. Discussed this with service manager and he basically starts discussing court cases where it's my word against yours. Notified AAA about situation. Inspectors found no signs of damage done by the repair shop.

Four weeks pass and I am still in a rental and repair shop has my vehicle. AAA states since no damage was done by station even though there may be an issue of improper assessment that they will not cover my rental fees nor tow service. Talk with service manager and he states he wants me to pay for towing and that I knew about damaged tire prior to bringing vehicle in shop. Once again he basically states, "It's your word against mine." Seeing that I have very little money left to pay for my rental car, I quoted another repair station to replace and inspect my wheels. I then paid for the additional towing fees that they had assessed and picked up my vehicle which is still not road ready.

It's my opinion that if the station was unable to properly road test vehicle to assure repairs were completed that then I should have been notified and not given the vehicle with assurance that everything was in order and running fine. Then if I was notified of wheel damage, then I could have made a decision on whether to have them replace the wheels or some other alternative. I didn't appreciate having the car towed twice back to the shop. Only after then did the service manager state the wheels were damaged and that I must have known about this. Basically he accused me of lying to him!!!! Why would I lie or withhold that to him? All I wanted was a working vehicle. Now I have to pay for a fifth week of car rental fees, not to mention the additional cost of repairs. Vehicle was then taken to another repair service and they fixed the vibration by simply rebalancing the tires.

I received an offer for job like payment agent from Mr. ** in Sunoco Cun Oil Company Ltd, Trusty Kojimachi bldg, Kojimachi Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo102-0083 Japan. He send me a money order of 2,350 and my commission was 10% in January 21st. The sender of the check was Michael **, ** Philadelphia, PA 19118. I deposited the check. They put a hold to my account in order to wait that the check be clear. In January 28, I called the bank and the money was available. I took the money and sent those fund to Tamie **, ** England, United Kingdom, and now the bank said me that my account is negative because the check was returned unpaid. I am scared.

I brought my truck to be repaired 1-25-08 for stalling, bucking. I paid $559.40 that day, drove home and parked it. I'm less than a mile away. For 2 months I'm trying to get in touch with the mechanic, Neil, who worked on it, leaving messages stop by or call. Never allowed to set up an appointment. Feb. 2 when I went looking for him, Max who does ins. stickers tells me he will be out for the week, so I get a sticker. Next time I go in, Max says he's moving, he'll be out another week. I explain my truck is still broken, I need my truck to work.

I am on SSDI. I need to get my doctor's appts. I don't want to go chasing a mechanic, the only one they have. Finally in April, I stop by again. He's surprised to know my truck doesn't work. He just says I never get my messages. 4-15-08, he does more work, I pay more, even though it's for the same exact problem. It still doesn't work! I go back the very next day. I had just paid another $112.55. He told me to come back on Monday. I did and over the weekend, he had packed all his tools, gave no notice and quit!!

I told Max, "My truck is still not working, what am I going to do?" I was told I would have to come back when they find a replacement. So again I'm chasing them. My truck is in terrible shape. They hire a fill in. Again they work on it. Again it doesn't work, but I pay more money. All I want is my truck to work. I'm scared to even drive it. After 2 half weeks grab my strength and go back. They have hired a new mechanic. I'm told he has worked on jet planes, I think in the service. I'm not driving a jet but the owner was back from wherever he had been. He doesn't worry.

I should have. 6-6-08 I paid $482.50, still doesn't work. Back again I go, Annibel the mechanic tells me to just keep putting Sunoco gas in and use fuel injector cleaner at every fill for about 6 weeks. Didn't work. At this, I'm done with them. They have no idea what's wrong. I take my truck to my former mechanic 25 miles away. He had it for 3 weeks but he found and fixed the problem. I haven't had any problems since but I paid $697.20 to get it done right. But I believe I'm entitled to a full refund. They misdiagnosed from the beginning, were not timely made, and I kept being charged for work that never fixed the problem. They are not abiding by their own warranty. The other mechanic I brought it to is actually another Sunoco. It states that I brought it in for stalling and bucking. It ended up being a short to oxygen sensor.

My husband has a 2003 Dodge Pickup Truck and weekly fills his gas tank at this gas station. His engine light went on and he went to Goodyear in North Dartmouth, MA and after 2 hours of checking, found that the gas in his vehicle is contaminated. My husband put $60 of gas in on Monday. Today is Wednesday. GoodYear is not sure what could incur in the future to the vehicle. The owner hung up on me when we called to dicuss the situation.

I've been filling up with Sunoco gasoline. My husband, Edwin, my two sons, Joel and Eliot and I, myself,... we all noticed that our gasoline for the week does not take us the miles we used to put in the past. It cut down miles and we need to fill up again. My car doesn't run as usual. I feel there is something wrong for Sunoco gasoline .

Gas station advertising pay cash in large letters $3.31 a gallon... in much smaller print, $3.37 credit. I never saw the $3.37 sign. I paid cash but the pump stayed at $3.31. This happened today, 3/22/08, at 11:00 am. The owner had no explanation.

Pump #2 began fueling $.54 before the trigger was squeezed on the nozzle. No gas came out of the nozzle and the price went up before the nozzle was fully inserted into my fuel door. Please investigate this. I have a copy of the receipt. This incident took place at 5:14 am on 9/12/07.

05-24-2007 at 8.33 pm, I filled up my car prem. gas from this gas station. After that, my car died on the way. Next day, I bring my car to auto mechanics. They diagnose running rough: All tested okay. They test fuel and found water in gas.

In December 2006, I used my Christmas bonus to bring my account up to date. In January 2007, I called Sunoco and explained I'd been diagnosed with Cancer and asked them to hold payments, interest charges and overlimit fees until I could start making payments again, I was going to lose work hours and have increased expenses. I was told I should not have paid on my account in December, and since it was current, there was nothing they could do for me. However, even when my account again fell behind, they still said there was nothing they could do, and I continue to receive multiple phone calls weekly, sometimes several in one day, demanding payment and threatening credit collection agencies.

On 5/1/07, I brought in my working van for overheating problems, antifreeze was spilling out all over. Prior to bringing the van to Dm Sunoco, I filled the radiator with water. There was no leakage. I brought it over to DM Sunoco and left it there. An hour later, Ramesh called me and said that the radiator needs replacing and it will cost $300. I agreed to pay that amount. He calls me to notify me that all repairs were made. I picked up the vehicle the next morning. Heading out to work, the van overheated again. I called him and he told me that I can continue to drive it, to just put the heat on and the temperature will go down so I did that.

I brought the van back to him. I notice that I was hearing a noise on the driver's side. It sounded like my wheel was fallen out. He told me to bring it in. He then told me that it was the axle and that it was going to cost $190.00 and he mentioned that I needed to change the belt. I asked him how much. He then told me that it will cost $75.00 for the belt, so I agreed. Then he called and told me the van is ready so I went to pick it up. They gave me a bill for $314.00. He also decided to change an engine mount without my consent, so I paid it. About a half an hour after arriving at my home with the vehicle, I note the van was still overheating. I opened the hood and saw the belt slipped off the engine.

I called him and he told me that there is nothing that he can do about it, that they are closed. He gave me the number for a tow truck. It took them 3 hours to pick it up. He called me in the morning and told me that the van is ready. I went and he handed me a bill for $82.00 and told me that he had to change the tensioner for the belt. I paid that also. Upon going home, the van overheated and another sound arose from the other side of the vehicle. He then told me to bring it in. He had one of his guys to work on it. The guy pointed out to me that the fan was not working. As he took out the fan, the guy pointed out that someone did you wrong (THERE WAS SILICONE ON THE WIRE ATTACHED TO THE FAN). IT WAS NEW silicone. He claimed that he did not touch the fan, but that is untrue. In order for you to replace the radiator, you had to take the fan out. I saw and witnessed that he took the fan out myself. Now there is other knocking on my vehicle and it sounded worse that when I first brought it in there. It cost me about $500 to run my business without this van plus cost of repairs.

Sunoco Company Profile