2. Automotive

Ship a Car Direct

5.0/5 (57 ratings)

Find Auto Transporters partners near you

About Ship a Car Direct

Ship A Car Direct is an auto transport broker that sets customers up with one of its pre-screened car carriers and answers any questions clients have about vehicle transportation. The company offers open and enclosed vehicle transport and accommodates any size of vehicle.

Find Auto Transporters partners near you

Pros

• Door-to-door shipping
    • No upfront deposit required
    • $500 built-in insurance

Cons

• No terminal-to-terminal shipping

Bottom Line

Ship A Car Direct works with a network of auto transporters to provide door-to-door car shipping. The company offers transport in open or closed carriers.

Top Ship a Car Direct Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ship A Car Direct?

Verified

I used Ship A Car Direct to ship my 2 cars. The rates were not very low or high. But selected them based on the reviews … The cars were delivered safely and much quicker. I am ver...

Verified

From start to finish the communication was excellent. The driver delivered our car once our plane landed. The experience was excellent and the driver so professional, friendly and...

What is Ship A Car Direct?

Ship A Car Direct is an auto transport broker that connects customers with auto carriers. Ship A Car Direct offers door-to-door shipping and free estimates. You don’t need to provide any contact information to receive a rough estimate, though detailed estimates require additional information. Prices vary based on distance, vehicle type and time of year.

Ship A Car Direct cost

Costs vary based on several factors, but expect to pay $400 to $700 to move a sedan across several states and anywhere from $900 to $1,300 for a cross-country trip. The company charges up to 50% more for enclosed-carrier shipping, which helps protect valuable or antique cars — this is standard for most car shipping companies. To get a more accurate idea of what it costs to haul your car, use the quote estimator on the company’s website. For an exact quote, call and speak to an agent. Ship A Car Direct does not charge upfront fees.

Ship A Car Direct also offers $500 of insurance against damage. So, if a carrier damages your vehicle and its insurance doesn’t cover the damage or won’t pay, Ship A Car Direct covers up to $500 of that damage.

Ship A Car Direct transport options

With Ship A Car Direct, you can personalize your auto transport to match your needs. The only exception is when it comes to the pickup and drop-off method. Ship A Car Direct only offers door-to-door shipping, not terminal-to-terminal shipping.

• Enclosed shipping: If you want your car to have extra protection during transport, opt for enclosed shipping. This means your vehicle is protected from the elements in a container. Open shipping, the default option, is cheaper but doesn’t offer as much protection.
    • Door-to-door shipping: Ship A Car Direct’s deliveries are always door to door, meaning it picks up your vehicle at your home and drops it off directly at its destination. It does not offer terminal-to-terminal shipping, which is when a carrier picks up your car at a nearby terminal and drops it off at another one close to your destination.
    • Cross-country shipping: Ship A Car Direct offers service throughout the U.S. (except Alaska), so you can move your vehicle cross-country if needed. Expect this to take between one and two weeks.
    • Interstate shipping: If you’re moving your vehicle across a few states, expect it to take from four days to a week.
    • Expedited shipping: If you need to ship a car at the last minute, Ship A Car Direct can handle it. Just keep in mind that it costs more than a move planned further in advance.

Ship A Car Direct FAQ

How does Ship A Car Direct work?
    Ship A Car Direct is an auto transport broker, which means it works within its network to find you a reliable auto carrier. In return, you pay Ship A Car Direct a fee, which is typically worth it because an auto transport brokers’ expertise makes the experience much easier.
    Does Ship A Car Direct have a damage-free guarantee?
    Yes. If your car is damaged and the carrier won’t cover it, then Ship A Car Direct covers up to $500 in damage.
    Does Ship A Car Direct require an upfront deposit?
    No. Payment isn’t required until Ship A Car Direct confirms your carrier and shipping dates.

Do we recommend Ship A Car Direct?

We recommend Ship A Car Direct — its customer reviews are overwhelmingly positive, and we also like that it provides rough estimates of how much it costs to ship a car without requiring contact information. That’s a rare feature among auto shippers. Its damage-free guarantee and door-to-door shipping are also standout features.

Ship a Car Direct Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ship a Car Direct?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ship A Car Direct?

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

I found Ship a Car direct through some Google searching and compared to other services their practices seemed transparent enough. There were no hidden charges no base amount + other charges that you can’t back out of after signing contract. The driver picked up my car and dropped it off on time, no damages were found, there was no hassle at all. However, keep in mind that most drivers will prefer cash/Zelle payments. In short, a direct payment; I personally prefer Zelle for keeping records. There was nothing to complain. Could be slightly cheaper though.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

If ever there was a no-brainer...this is it. I read every last review of every company on the internet for automobile shipping. TBH...I was very concerned about the process. Settled on Ship A Car Direct. It was a great decision. The price was fair. The car was picked up on time. Delivered on time. The agreed upon price was charged. The car was damage free. The shipping company took extensive photos and emailed them directly to me before leaving my drive. Matt from Ship A Car was great. Promises made. Promises kept. If I were to ship a car again...I would 100% return.

Get buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

I had to move from CA to TX within a week. I shopped for quotes and went with the lowest one I had at the time, which was not 'Ship a Car Direct'. The lowest quote was not a company I researched too well, so I did after ordering. Yelp and more importantly BBB had extremely negative reviews, so I panicked and cancelled.

After being bummed out about having to go with a more expensive quote from one of the more reputable companies, a friend, referred me to 'Ship a Car Direct'. I checked their reviews and BBB rating, A+. I tried once more for a quote and got in touch with Jennifer, she was very personable, walked me through how everything really works, and what I could expect each step of the way. On top of all that, she gave me my lowest quote by hundreds (which will vary depending on time and demand). During the process of my car in route, Jennifer contacted me to make sure I didn't have any questions and when I did out of the blue, she answered them and helped with my request. She was definitely one of the best through knowledge, customer service, and HONESTY. I cannot recommend 'Ship a Car Direct' enough and on top of that they have an app that helps with taking pictures during pickup and delivery!

Original review: June 26, 2021

My experience with Ship a car direct was excellent. Booking was easy and from the beginning they were transparent about the process. From there on communication was great. I always understood where I was in the process. My carrier was also great. Very accommodating and also excellent communication. The car arrived a day earlier than expected and I received a call the day before and the morning of the delivery. The car arrived without a scratch. I will definitely use this company again if I need to ship a car in the future.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

I chose Ship A Car Direct after interviewing 3 brokers. After talking with Christina and reading other people's reviews, I was satisfied that choosing Ship A Car Direct was the way to go. I had flexible dates and after picking the pick-up date I had to reschedule and it was done without a problem. Christina chose a company, notified me of the company name and I received a phone call from the driver the same day. I agreed two having my car picked up two days earlier than scheduled. Their driver arrived at the time promised, conducted his inspection, loaded the car and off he went. The car was going to Maryland and was going to be received by my daughter. The driver kept my daughter up to date and the vehicle was deliver 2 days early and no damage occurred. From beginning to end this process was effortless on my part. If I ever have to ship another car, Ship A Car Direct would be my choice.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

We hired "Ship a car direct" company to transfer my car from suburb of Detroit to Tempe Arizona. We were extremely satisfied with the company. Scott the owner and other staff kept us up to date with progress. The driver who picked up our car was also very polite and efficient. Car was delivered on date promised in perfect condition. We will highly recommend this company to all our friends and use it without hesitation in future.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

Ship A Car Direct was as easy a process you could hope for. I received excellent customer service. Their price was good and fair. Car was picked up promptly and delivered on time. I will definitely use their services again and highly recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

Anyone looking to ship their car cannot do better than Ship a Car Direct! This company is incredibly trustworthy and has the best communication out of any company I have ever dealt with. Thank you so much for a wonderful experience. The communication through every step of the process made this completely stress-free. I highly recommend ship a car direct! Thank you again.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2021

The service was fast and reliable. I got the quote on Wednesday and my car was delivered to the final destination on Monday. They were able to finalize the transport in less a week. I would definitely use their service again if I need in the future.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

It was real quick and easy to have the car get shipped. Everyone that I had to talk to was real nice and helpful. When the car had to get picked up the driver came real close to where I lived and picked it up right away!. The car got delivered pretty quick! Overall if I had to ship my car again I’d definitely use Ship A Car once again!

Quick and easy. Get matched with an Auto Transport partner.

Ship a Car Direct Company Information