1.23/5
Based on 30 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Auto Warranty Expired?

Skokie, IL

31 Sherman Dodge Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 30, 2018

My son and I went to look at cars three days ago. While there we were told they could appraise our car and buy it even if we didn't buy a car from them. I didn't know you could do this without buying a car and I was thrilled. Our salesman, Mike, came back with a card with some numbers on it. He handed it to me, but said I couldn't keep it. He told me the amount for my car was $6,500. The card had numbers on it-1100, I think. I asked the salesman why it didn't have the price on it and he answered that this is how they do it, but when I come back in they will pull this card and they will know they offered $6,500. I asked if he could put this offer in writing, but he said it wasn't necessary.

This was a huge red flag. So yesterday and today I tried to confirm the amount I was quoted Tuesday. Initially the salesman said he was trying to find this information. Then someone else told me he could not remember the amount. Some time after that Reggie told me the quote was $5,000. This is an absolute lie. I then asked if he would put this new amount in writing and he absolutely would not even answer my repeated asking of this question; instead, he said over and over again that if I wanted to sell my car to him (immediately?) he would give me $5,000. Three days ago more than one person at that dealership said they would give me $6,500 and said it wasn't necessary to put it in writing. Why would I believe them today?

This is not a way to do business. I am very shocked and disappointed that I was given an absolute bogus quote and then lied to me about receiving it. I wasn't even the one that suggested getting this appraisal. The experience was a complete waste of my time. I read a number of reviews before deciding to write this. I can see very clearly that integrity, honesty, and accountability are sorely lacking at this dealership.

Original review: June 22, 2018

Well I returned to a dealership that I had a somewhat poor experience with, but I now feel they’re unethical. I go in for an oil change and a sound under the hood. They tell me mechanic couldn’t recreate sound but I needed fuel line and radiator flushed. My 2016 Jeep is just over 2 years old. At a cost of a bit under $400, I was told the oil change was free but I needed to pay for fluid disposal. I tell my brother who is a mechanic but lives in another state and tells me they took advantage of me. Now I’m writing to television station. Don’t trust Sherman Dodge/Jeep.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: April 25, 2018

After driving 47 minutes to get to Sherman Dodge and to sit there for 4 hours in order for them to tell me that I could only get an old raggedy ** Chrysler 200 like this was the only car that they had on the lot for me. I quickly explained to the sales person that I don't like for my time to be wasted, but of course I was there too long. I told them that I had a bad experience with driving a Chrysler, but they kept on insisting that this was the only damn vehicle that was for me. I wasn't satisfied with the level of service that I received there. The sale person that helps you gets the information from you, then helps another customer while waiting on your approval. Did I mention that this dealership (UR Approved) was very **. In my opinion, they should give you an option on which vehicles are available, not trying stick in something after you have explained to them that you don't want that vehicle. I will never recommend Sherman Dodge to anyone or return!!!

Original review: April 13, 2018

Would give Sherman Dodge in Skokie 0 stars if I could. Terrible experience. I texted, emailed and talked on the phone to the sales rep Tara over and over - she repeatedly promised and confirmed a price on a Jeep Wrangler. I told her I was limited on time and only wanted to come if this price was for sure, she confirmed that the price was after tax, extra fees and without incentives etc. Sure enough, after driving 45 minutes there, the guys helping me could not honor anything she said. They played dumb and didn’t seem to care at all that the price they would sell it to me for was far far off from hers. Turns out Tara is 100% over the phone, though she told me “she would be there until 9.” Such a SCAM. They will tell you ANYTHING to get you in the door!!!! DON'T WASTE TIME. Complete scum bags, awful customer service & a bunch of liars working together.

Don’t let yourself be scammed. The manager could care less that this occurred. He told me he would write Tara up, none of that is my problem, I don’t believe a word they say. Tara also begged me to come in before selling my current car, promising they would give me 1,500 above Kelley Blue Book price. This sounded too good to be true, and of course it was. My car showed $8,000 on Kelley Blue Book... they offered me $2000... of course. They also let me waste 2 hours waiting around before letting me know all this. What a waste of time or bother with them - go right to a dealership with more class, reliability and respect!!!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

My girl Jessica ** did everything she could to get me in a 14 Caddy SRX and taking my 08 BMW convertible with negative equity but it seems all her bosses were interested in was a bigger commission. I'm very disappointed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sherman Dodge?

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

I knew I wanted a Jeep I just didn't know too much about them, Mike ** really gave me the rundown of all the different Jeeps & found me the right one. There was no haggling and scamming. Nicole was also a big help on showing me every little thing inside of my Jeep and how it works! Would refer to all friends and family!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I bought a used car from these people and since the 3rd day of this vehicle being in my possession every light on the dashboard has been lit. Water pump, headlights, abs sensors (2), hub bearings, and more. I've had this car 33 days and I guarantee you I won't buy anything from these people ever again.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

August 12, 2017 - Got a brand new Grand Cherokee for my wife as a gift. Spoke to sales person name Jessi (**). First problem, the sales person promised me GPS installation during the deal, asked him 5 times about it he said YES, YES, YES. After deal was done he said the service that does that is on strike and once the service strike is done he will call and get it done (service was on strike during this time). Second thing, charged me for license plate and registration and told me it will be mailed to my house and gave me temp, which expires today on 9/11/17 (still didn’t got plates, I went there yesterday and after making me wait for 2 hours they asked me to come back because the person that works on plates is off?). Never called in for GPS and since I was there I wanted to install my gps that sales person promised, nope they said it was a mistake, they want almost a 1000 now for installing gps.

Since I got the vehicle, I have taken it back the vehicle on 4 different Saturdays and every Saturday. They made me wait for more than hour and gave me different excuses until the last Saturday they told me it will cost me to install gps, no apologies nothing. The manager told me he will call me today to resolve the solution, gave me his number, I called him, no call back. So what it seems is that, they lied to me about the car, to make a sale. Then charged me for license plates and all and sent me off. They know they are running a bad business and they are proud about it. Inhumane and unamerican.

Original review: July 25, 2017

Recently I purchased a 2017 Dodge Ram 3500 from them. It's a waste of time just writing this review but I want you to be aware. Don't ever go there, they will screw you over. There is a reason why all of the reviews are one star. If you won't take this review into consideration then you'll learn on your own skin. Bunch of thieves. They even stole my phone charger from my truck. Stay away!!!!

Original review: June 18, 2017

Recently I just purchased a vehicle from Sherman Dodge in Skokie, IL. Octavio ** was person who was closing my deal at financing department. In the beginning he tried to screw me over on interest. When that didn't worked out he proposed a very cheap extended warranty on vehicle for just $2 extra on payment (which I figured it's going to cost me $144 for 72 payments). I didn't realized what I signed until I got back home. Basically I was charged $2500. I came back to the dealership same day to speak with a manager. I was mistreated. No one tried to help me or explain to me anything. They had me waiting for 4 hours for Mr. ** just to tell me he cannot do anything. Deal is done basically laughing in my face and get out of the dealer. I was never treated in my life this way. I do not recommend anyone to buy a car at Sherman Dodge.

Original review: March 30, 2017

Buying a car from Sherman Dodge was the worst experience I have ever had. I purchased a new Dodge Challenger from them over the phone. I was in another state and they had the car and color I was looking for. I negotiated a price and waited on the paperwork to arrive. Once I received the paperwork I noticed they increased the price 2K. I had to call them and ask why? They responded "I don't know". The car was listed on their website for the price we agreed upon. They adjusted the purchase price and we signed the agreement. I agreed to put the deposit on my credit card for security reasons since the transaction was not starting out well. I called and emailed 3 times to get someone to take my deposit and no one responded.

About 3 days later I received a call from the car transporter notifying me they had my car and was in the process of delivering it to me. I figured that someone would call to collect their deposit. Well it just got worse from there. I received the car in deplorable condition. It was full of dirt, salt and other debris. It cost me several hundred dollars to get the car in a deliverable condition. Then I discovered that there was no paperwork included with the vehicle. No registration, tmp car tag, contract, bill of sale etc. When I called to inquire about the paperwork, no one seemed to know what they were doing. They did not even realize they had not been completely paid.

They wanted me to send then the remaining deposit amount which at this point I refused to do so. I called the finance company and Dodge corporate and they were not able to do anything about it. I now own a car that I cannot drive because I have no registration. I am forced to pursue legal action. PLEASE DO NOT BUY A CAR FROM THESE PEOPLE. THEY ARE THIEVES AND IDIOTS!!!

Original review: March 17, 2017

Walked into the dealership with a personally addressed ad that was mailed to me. While sitting with the sales rep, whatever XFM station that was playing in the showroom, the DJ dropped several ** bombs and not one person bothered to change the station. I had my 10 year old daughter with me and thankfully she did not notice the language, nor the unprofessionalness of the situation.

My sales rep then proceeded to ask two basic questions and then disappeared to the managers desk for 15 minutes. As he came back, he said 'Let's go take a look at this vehicle I brought up for you.' I had not asked to see anything nor was given an option. Strike two. He seemed put off that he did all this work and I didn't want to see his option. We discussed options for while longer. Finally we settled on two different cars and started to run numbers. Now my ad was for a value above my appraisal price to be added. When the numbers came back, that number fell far short of the mark, meaning, my vehicle appraisal price and only a fraction, 20%, of the advertised price hike was added. I asked several times about it and was told my vehicle did not qualify. Nothing on the ad stated this. I asked again. A manager came over and again told me this was not possible.

I got up to leave and walked away without a fight. I got a follow up customer service email. I responded. Got a second follow-up from a manager, answered again. Got a call from this guy, and he said he would check. Got a second call several hours later and he asked a few more questions. Four days later, not a word. They can't back up their ads so they stop talking to you. Wasted 4 hours of my life for liars and cheats. BBB would love to know that this company won't honor their own ads.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

I did credit app and went there. When I got there they said based on my credit score I had to go on the other side. When I walked in there were people all over the place and the place smelled like weed! A guy came up to me and said he would take care of me when he come back from the bathroom. When he came back he had people with him and all of my information in his hand where even I from a distance can see my social. That pissed me off. The other customer said he was in a hurry with his wife, girlfriend whoever!

It took an hour before he got to me and when he came he asked if I had a co signer. I said "no my credit is not that bad". I told him I was a disabled female veteran. He got his manager and he treated me like **! He said "go and get someone to co sign for you. We have nothing to do with you." I felt like **. YOU CAN HELP A ** THAT STINK LIKE ** AND NOT A VETERAN! I WAS HURT AND HUMILIATED! My credit score is low, I paid off two cars and on the wall said 100 percent auto loans. WTF!! I will never do business with them. I called 6 times for the area Supervisor to call me back. No damn response!!!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

I got a Dodge grand caravan from Sherman about 6 months back. That was the worst decision I could take. Can't blame anyone. Did not get any great deal. I was never worried since the car was the one I wanted. First I found that there was no wiping fluid. I just purchased the fluid and filled it myself. Didn't bother. Last night I got a flat tire driving on freeway. And there comes the shock - no spare tire. I remember my sales rep Robert ** from Sherman Dodge telling me the location of spare tire.

Last night I found that the long handle to unscrew the spare tire bolt is also missing. I have not got my car services yet- so there is no possibility of anything going missing in servicing. I called them multiple times and they told me that my sales rep will call me back. No one called. 4th call and the person told me that there is no spare tire provided in my model. Anyone buying car from Sherman - I would suggest checking each and everything. Best option would be to take a mechanic to check everything even if it is a new car. Don't believe anything that the sales rep tell you. With Sherman - you never know what you are getting.

Original review: June 26, 2016

My husband went to their website to get pre-approved. He received a phone call from someone named Erica stating that she was with the finance dept and he was approved for a car loan with no money down. She set an appointment for us to come in the next day. When we got there it was like walking into Romper Room. People were running back and forth and we were ignored for about 10 minutes. We were then seat with a young man that couldn't of been more than 19. He started asking questions so he could run our credit. We told him Erica called us and said we were already approved. He told us that was only with the dealership not the bank. In the middle of him explaining the process Eye of The Tiger starts blaring over a loud speaker, this done every time someone sells a car. At this point my husband and I got up and left. THIS PLACE IS A JOKE. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!!!

Original review: May 11, 2016

We recently purchased a new car at Sherman Dodge. Even though we informed the salesman that we did not want the undercoating and seat protection, they charged us for it anyway. We were told that we would have to wait for the first payment notice from Chrysler Capital before we could do anything about this. We waited. The services were never performed, but we still cannot get our money refunded. We have called, visited in person and even contacted Chrysler. No luck. They are going to keep our $1940! We cannot get any satisfaction from them.

Original review: April 22, 2016

DO NOT GO TO SHERMAN DODGE, THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING!!! I went to Sherman Dodge 2/5/2016, I was told the previous month that I was able to get into a 2012 Dodge Durango, but this month I couldn't. They switched salesmen on me twice. They started the application process taking down all my information, which is when I disclosed I am in an open chapter 13. I was told it would be hard but doable, there would be some work on my part but after that, I would be approved. I was given a bill of sale with a finance company that was said to have approved everything and was awaiting court approval to finalize the deal.

March 15 I received approval from the court to purchase said vehicle. On the 16th I went to the dealer to finish the paperwork. In late March I was called back to the dealer to re-sign paperwork for a lower payment which pushed my first payment out to 4/13/16. Since Feb 5th I have had possession of the vehicle, and I am unaware that it is still not financed. April 11th, I receive a call to come to the dealer my financing had "fell through". I went to the dealer with my wife and we tried resolving the issue by having her co-sign. They took her info and told us they would call once the deal was done. Two days go by and I am back at the dealer trying to figure out another solution. Meanwhile I was allowed to keep the car.

April 16th, I received a call about returning the vehicle due to lack of financing, in which I gave the finance manager a company I found that would work with my chapter 13, all they needed was my application. I was told he would fax over the info, he never did. April 19th after returning home from work, a tow truck showed up to my home and removed the vehicle. The next morning I went to the dealer and they did not want to return the $1200 deposit, stating that the car was repossessed and there were fees associated with that. I called the police who showed up promptly and intervened where my check was returned.

Original review: April 9, 2016

DO NOT GO TO SHERMAN DODGE... THEY DO NOT HAVE 0% INTEREST RATES PER SALES MANAGER. 4-09-2016 @ 1 p.m. My friend Steve ** and I after two days and five hours of Mickey Mouse business practices confronted Reggie ** this morning at 11 a.m. for terms promised the prior day. I was texted the previous day, "We were able to run the number with 0%. Your note is way 500 under month, when can you come back in" per Robert **. So we go back in and are now offered a 650 monthly note at 84 months and Robert ** can not tell me the interest rate.

So the senior sales manager comes over and explains there is no 0% as advertised. Told Steve ** to "sue Chrysler Headquarters if you don't like it. Complain to them about it." So I... Scott ** and Steve ** wonder if any lawyers think this is interesting... Meanwhile we advise - Do not go to Sherman Dodge. We find their practices deceitful with the tactic of making you wait... Wait and wait some more... Yeah checking on that 0% interest Boss.

Original review: March 19, 2016

Chevy sonic 2014 - Bad bent rim on front. Nicks all over car. No trunk mat. Sale salesperson before I gave him the money he sworn it will be fix. Still nothing happens. Bill say back up the salesman Livell ** special sales & finance. I was out there all day half of the night. Tell me something quick.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2016

I was at the dealership week of 2/25/16. I was told I needed a cosigner which my son was my choice. After the sales mgr ran everything, he came back and said he finally found a bank to give me a loan. Here is my confusion. The salesman said with my credit I could only get ONE type of car (no choices) and that would be a 2016 Jeep Patriot. Well I asked couldn't I get a lower priced car (so many on lot) off the lot because my monthly note would be too high. I wanted a nice 2014 car I saw that I wanted. He again said no I have to get the Jeep. No choice of what Jeep either!!! So disappointed. Went there from Indiana with a friend to be played with.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2016

I went in on 12/18/2015. I traded my 2014 Dodge Challenger for a 2014 Jeep Wrangler. I was still making payments to Chrysler Capital for the Challenger. Sherman Dodge was SUPPOSED to send the payoff check to Chrysler Capital Finance company. THEY NEVER DID!!! I began to receive phone calls from Chrysler Capital stating that I'm 10 days delinquent on my January payment. I explained that I no longer have the vehicle and have all paperwork to prove Sherman Dodge is now the overseer of the Challenger. I've called Sherman Dodge and they lack, responsibility, have been given the run around and at times my call wasn't returned!!! Today is 1/25/2016 and still this issue isn't resolved! My credit is about to be tainted because of those **!!!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2015

We went to purchase 3 vehicles, put down $2,000 on each vehicle. Were told one daughter could get the loan on her own, no co-signer, with a better rate than the other 2 if we put down an additional $500. We did for a total down of $6,500 and got the paperwork in order, but our 3 daughters had to come back to sign, a simple in and out to get the cars. We returned and were held hostage for 7 hours, promise after promise that we would be next. People who walked in off the street searched, test drove, got paperwork, and were out with their new cars before we were able to see our paperwork.

After midnight, we signed. We found we were overcharged $390.00 on each vehicle for dealer options and $500 of our down payment was never applied. Mr. ** admitted to the dealer option errors and that we put down $6000 and said money would be applied to our vehicles. We are still waiting for the $500 to be returned and now they are making excuses and claiming that the money was applied to a vehicle. It clearly isn't - simple math.

Original review: April 21, 2015

I had a very bad experience with the dealer company Sherman Dodge, Inc. located in Skokie, IL. I have been a victim of fraud when I purchased my new vehicle, the Jeep Grand Cherokee 2015 on November 18, 2014. It was a deal in the amount of $46,690. Among all fees and charges, they added the extended guarantee service, saying that that service was required. For that service I had to pay $2650. In 2 weeks I contacted the United Car Care, Inc., the company which provides the extended guarantee service, to inform myself about that service.

However, I was told that the following service was an optional one and that I am not in their system as a client. Therefore, I have decided to cancel that service; and, on December 18, 2014 I signed the legal cancellation form within Sherman Dodge, Inc. Unfortunately, no actions have been taking yet. I met with the dealership staff in person to clarify the situation but unexpectedly, staff were unprofessional to my matter, yelling at me, giving hostile attitudes and saying that they are not going to reimburse any money to the lender. As a result, I end up having no extended guarantee service neither money still not been sent to the lender and I continue to pay monthly interest for $2650.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2014

1 star because there's not an option to leave 0 stars! We always try to buy local. That's why we purchased from Sherman Dodge. The sale is not the issue, it's the service after the purchase.

Just terrible. I made an appointment, dropped off my promaster 730 am. Said it will be done by end of day. By 7 pm no one has called me so I called them. 5 people 3 messages no one was able to tell me anything about the van. By 830 pm I was at the counter to find out what is happening. Well it turns out no one has even looked at it. WOW, this is a cargo van used for business not pleasure rides. Every day van sits we lose money. That's why we make appointments. Got the van and left. There are several recalls on the van that needed to be completed. I hope every one reads this because I'm not the only one that extremely disappointed.

Original review: March 1, 2014

My husband and I viewed the commercial which was aired on late night television from Crazy 88. We called and then the next day, we received calls from various dealerships, one being Sherman Dodge in Skokie, IL. We went to that dealership to see about purchasing a car for $88 a month. We were immediately seated in a back section of the dealership and they ran our credit. I was told that I can purchase a vehicle for $545 a month. That was my only option. I was told there was nothing for $88 per month and that we were in a section of this dealership that dealt with people with poor credit. I felt less than human when I was told this.

I observed that the front section of this dealership was for those who had money and had excellent credit. I then heard the sales people in the back area following up on "leads" from the Crazy 88 commercial and the people in this section of the dealership were what I observed to be "people with lower incomes." The fact that we purchased the vehicle for this high amount was partially our fault. However, I felt and still feel, that I needed a reliable car to get back and forth to work and because of my credit, I felt I had no other choice.

The 96 Jeep I had was not reliable and being a hardworking instructor who has to travel to four campuses throughout the Chicago land area, I really had no other choice. The general manager of the low income back section of Sherman told us that we could reapply in six months to get a lower payment. Now six months later, I am current on my payment, which is not always easy, but then my husband received a letter from Chrysler Capital, our financing company that we were pre-approved for another vehicle for up to $25k from yet another dealership, Marino. We went to Marino Chrysler Jeep Dodge and were told that the Chrysler 200 we purchased for $24K was only worth $16K and we would have to wait for another six months. At least at Marino, we were not placed in the back room designated for only the "low income" people with the false hope of an $88 per month payment. But the end result is still the same.

Original review: April 25, 2012

I purchased my 2009 Jeep and to ensure the quality of my vehicle, I chose to bring it to the dealer for regularly scheduled maintenance. By doing so, I assumed I would avoid rip-offs and scams and the unreliability from local body-shops or quick oil change services. Over the years, I have had a few challenges with the services provided at your Skokie location, but my most recent experience is by far the most disappointing and disturbing.

I brought my car in for a regular scheduled oil change on Tuesday, April 24, 2012, at 3:40 pm, in which I was recommended by ** the service advisor that it was time to get my tires rotated and balanced. As usual, I took your service advisor’s recommendation, believing it to be honest and to uphold the maintenance for my vehicle. I left my vehicle at Sherman Dodge, trusting that my vehicle was in good hands and would return after my class at 6 pm or sooner, which was discussed with the advisor. I have the Super Savers Club Card which I paid $39.95 for four free oil changes and tire rotations at $12.95. Upon my arrival at 5:50 pm as promised, I paid for the tire rotation service ($12.95) and left the dealership around 6 pm. There’s nothing out of the ordinary appeared. However, as I was driving to work this morning, my check engine light came on (check engine light was not on before I dropped my vehicle off) and I noticed when I got to work that my tires were not actually rotated. Yet, I was charged for these services and told that they were done.

I do not want to assume the worst, but I have had multiple experiences in which your technicians at this location have provided sloppy, unprofessional, and flat-out shoddy work. As a loyal customer, I expect the work an authorized dealer performs on my Jeep would be held to the highest quality standards. If I wanted unreliable work, I could easily go to a local garage in my neighborhood and not drive to Skokie to a Jeep dealership for maintenance on my Jeep.

I would like to hear back from a manager or supervisor as to how we can rectify this situation. I have paid for a service and it has been falsely provided. I will be looking for a more reliable dealership for the future, but either you all fix the problem and guarantee your work or I would like a full refund. I will be taking my auto records and receipts to my lawyer and an independent shop for review to ensure I haven't been deceived the entire time I have brought my vehicle to you.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2012

The contract Sherman Dodge submitted to the creditor Americredit was forged. Sherman Dodge had me sign 2 contracts about a month a part. However, the contract they sent to Americredit was not the contract I agreed to, signed, or have a copy of. I made Sherman Dodge as well as Americredit of the issue with no resolve at this time. Both entities continue to pass the buck to each other stating the other has to take off the fraud.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2011

This is just a follow up to the complaint I posted previously on 9/26/2011. After three days of me contacting the dealership, I finally was told that I could stop in to pick up my deposit monies. They only gave me back $430 of my $695 refund because they kept $165 for repair costs to the rear window over the right tire of the 2000 Mercury Mountaineer that got damaged when it was in my possession. I thought that was an absurd price since I had already got it estimated to cost only $75 for a factory replacement, but I wasn't too surprised seeing that the dealership had already demonstrated their shady business ethics to me previously.

I even offered to just get the repairs done myself but they wouldn't agree to it. I'm quite disappointed with the whole 2-month ordeal wasted with the company but also relieved that I am free of that ridiculously high interest loan of 23% I was about to get stuck paying for 12 months. If I could sue for their unethical business practices, the sudden loss of income from losing my part-time job due to not having a vehicle, and for overall stress of dealing with this situation, it would be great but in retrospect, l also dodged an $8000 debt. So thank you Sherman Dodge and good riddance!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2011

I ended up signing not one but two different financing contracts with the company. The reason I signed a second contract was because the vehicle purchased under the first contract turned out to be a lemon, so after 30 days of going back and forth with breakdowns and tows, I requested that the finance department put it in writing that if the vehicle broke down again that they would switch me into another vehicle. As expected the car ended up breaking down again and I got put into another vehicle with a new financing contract. The replacement vehicle was in need of some repairs which were supposedly addressed in the due bill but when I went to pick the vehicle up, a new issue appeared along with the due bill issue which was still not resolved.

Since the vehicle service department was closed and the dealership was miles from my home I decided to just drive home and immediately took it to a mechanic the next day. He confirmed that the dealership never repaired the issue that was listed on the due bill and after a month of the headaches with the first car and the dealership being unsuccessful with repairing, I just resolved to get the work done myself. After almost a month of driving the vehicle, I got a call from a guy with the finance company stating that he was the one who approved my loan but couldn't finalize the loan because my insurance was canceled. I advised him that I had a grace period to make my payment which I was still in, plus I had already contacted the insurance company and agreed to make my payment within the following two days.

He got upset after literally trying to bully me into making a payment that day or else then informs me to expect a call from the dealership. Two weeks later I didn't hear back from the guy nor the dealership regarding the incident but the dealerships collection person did contact me twice to collect payments towards the $1000 deposit they literally fudged into the contract. They were even dishonest with me because I told them while negotiating the first contract, that I could not afford to pay them $1000 within 30 days after contract signing so they asked if I could do $700 and I said fine. However, I noticed that they still had $1000 down payment noted on the contract and when I questioned them they said it's okay just tell the bank you paid $1000 if they call but just pay the agreed $700 instead. Now two weeks after, I phoned them regarding not receiving a payment book since my first loan payment was now due, they take another three days to finally inform me that my financing fell through and to return the car immediately.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2011

On August 15, 2011, my daughter will be driving, although paid for; I decided to trade my 2001 Mercury Sable toward a car that I could pay off quickly. Since I purchased the car from this dealer, I decided to do business with them again. My first purchase was about Feb. 2002. Back then, I know my credit was not that great. When I went back this time, I was told my credit score came back 788. The problem I have is the 15% finance charge over 47 months!

A few days later while at my Credit Union, I found out that the Credit Union would have given me 3%. They went on to say they would work with me, but I had to get a lower finance rate from the dealer. I went back to Sherman Dodge, asked to speak to a manager. The manager was Anthony**. I asked him if my contract could be renegotiated for a lower finance. He went to tell me that a deal is a deal. I would have to contact the bank to re-negotiate a lower rate, and that I should have walked away if I didn't like the contract. Furthermore, when I left Sherman Dodge, I had no clue who the finance company was! And there are charges on the bill that until I went back and spoke to the manager, I had no clue what they were for. For instance; Nitro Fill-$99.00, Etch-$279.00, Gap-$895.00, Service Contract-$1700.00.

Before signing the contract, Mr. ** stated that he would "throw in" an extended warranty for free, but it would only start once I had my first oil change with Sherman Dodge. This is absurd! The warranty wasn't free at all! Why would I be misled right in front of my children? When I finally found out my finance company is Well Fargo, they said that they don't negotiate with consumers, only with the dealer. Do these people/establishment have a conscience? Would they want someone to do them or their family how they did me?

The problem is as a consumer, I entrusted this establishment to be honest and do right by me. Since they are a car dealer, I am sure that they know the difference between prime vs. sub-prime. Although, I am now learning what a prime vs. sub-prime lender is, I feel I should have been offered a lower finance rate. The purchase of the car is $10,873,00-$500.00 for my trade in. With the finance charges and the other frivolous items, according to the contract, I am now to pay back $19,127.84, if the life of the loan is carried out. This has to be unethical. I am African American, a single mother of four children, and their sole provider. How can I trust any car dealers in the future? What can be done to protect me, the consumer? If it wasn't for the consumer, Sherman Dodge wouldn't even be in business. I was told by a co-worker that I have 48 hours to get out of the contract. I don't want to get rid of the car, I just want to know is there anything that can be done to assist me in lowering this finance rate? As the consumer, what rights do I have in the future if I feel unfairly treated?

Sherman Dodge Company Information