Carolina Rides

West Columbia, SC

Compare Auto Dealers

Research top Auto Dealers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I just bought a car from Carolina Rides in October. It's January 2nd of 2000 and 16 and I already had 5 things wrong with the car. They sold me a car when it has already problems with it and then they try to make it seem like it was me, my fault because of the car. Anybody that went to get a car, pass Carolina Ride. Bad service, bad business, bad quality and bad decision.

My mom got a car from them in February. Two days after she got the car it started shaking. She took it to a shop and had to pay 500 out of pocket and had to turn around and pay for her taxes so she was behind in payments and they wouldn't give her the tag until she paid. But while getting her money for her payment the car broke down so I told her not to make no payments and let them come get the car. Worst service ever.

I purchase an 08 Kia Optima from Carolina Rides. Two days after I drove it off the lot I started having problems with it. I took it back four times for repairs, they told me it was fixed. I now have a car that needs a new engine. They refused to talk to me or the finance company. So I am stuck with a car that I cannot drive and a loan for $8000 on a car that I cannot drive. Anyone considering buying a car from them should run as fast as they can.

Purchased a car - the car didn't hold up two days. They wouldn't pick the car up. I had to pay someone to get the car back to them. After getting the car back from them it broke down again. Took it back, and still I'm without the car, and $900 I put down.

I bought a car on the 28th of may and 3 days later the transmission went.. They have had it ever since.. and for some reason my car is in darlington being fixed.. They can't give me straight answers and refuse to give me my money back... I work and have kids in school and they play sports.. This is just crazy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carolina Rides?

Was sold a lemon car. Had a temporary head gasket fix and finally blew again 70 miles from anything. Called them to get help. They said it was my problem now. Run away fast. This place does nothing but lie and sell junk cars. Now I am with no car for work and my job requires a car delivering.

Don't buy no car from here, they full of ** and sell lemon cars. I didn't' have my car a month and its gone bad. Need a new everything and they also lies. Bad company, run fast.

Car overheated, 2 weeks no call backs, 2 weeks to take for repairs no call backs. Told was fixed, could not tell me what repairs were done. I owe half of $750. Car won't start, have to jump. Now they say $1025 still no what repairs done.

When I got my car, were was a few issues wrong with the car that they say they will fix the next day. After calling for three weeks, they finally fixed it. I also informed them my tags were out the next day. The lady lied to me saying she was going to have my tags available the same day. Now, my tags expired! I hate this place. Please don't buy a car from here.

I gave them a down payment to hold a vehicle for me until the next day. When I returned the next day for the test drive, the vehicle was NOT up to par, and I asked for my money back. The money was not given back, nor has anyone made any attempts to return my funds to me.

Do not ever buy a car from here! The owner forged my name on a contract and I found out through the finance company. He had stated that I would have to purchase my own tag. I went to get it and they told me that I already have one! I told them that no, I don't and they said, well someone put it in your name on this car. So they also got a tag in my name and never told or gave it to me. I found that out a month later. I'm in the process of suing them.

The warranty they gave is useless. Yes, you can take it to where they say but it'll take them two weeks to fix something. I took it in thrice to fix the door since it kept falling off the hinges. After the third time taking it, I get home and guess what? It fell off the hinges again. I finally said screw it and took it elsewhere and paid out-of-pocket to get it fixed. Just seriously, beware and don't waste your time or money.

Purchased 199 Dodge Intrepid on 4/10/09. Sales person was Tim **. Cost $3017.82. 6 month warranty (Plan 2) also purchased @ cost of $357.00. Car broke down on 8/30/09. Called warranty company on 8/31/09. I was told I did not have a warranty. Called Carolina Rides. Spoke to female 1st. Spoke to Danny **. Was told it was never submitted. He stated car now has a plan as of today (8/31). New warranty number given. My family did a preliminary check of car as instructed by Danny. Also told him of maintenance done At Corey's Automotive. He in essence wanted me to go back to them and say they were responsible. Corey's stated they were not responsible. I called warranty company again on 9/1. Fred asked if I purchased car yesterday (8/31). He also said I had Plan 1 and not plan 2. I told him when I purchased car and that it was Plan 2. Spoke to Danny on 9/2 and told him of events. He said I do have a plan but not the plan I thought I had. Two mechanics (danny's and Corey's) stated the same problem: timing chain broke.

After many conversations,etc., I wrote Danny a letter requesting that he fulfill the terms of the warranty: engine repair or refund amt up to NADA value (quoted as $4150 by rep at Safe FCU), not to exceed $3017.82, rental car reimbursement up to $175. Went to court on Dec 8, 09. I was only awarded $1825 or the return of my car after engine repaired with 6 month warranty within 30 days. Danny was about to convince the magistrate that that should be the only compensation. I filed for execution against property thru Sheriff's Dept.

Carolina Rides called to say my car would be ready on April 5th. Order came back "Nulla Bona" after April 8 search because nothing titled under Carolina Rides. To Carolina Rides on 4/17 to get car. Danny refused to release it stating I would have to drop the lawsuit (from 12/8 and completed). I picked up my car from Carolina Rides on 4/19 (after hours) after finding out from that same Magistrate, Sheriff, and Clerk of Court that I only need file the "satisfaction of judgment" form. I called Danny the next day to say I had the car. Car legally titled, insured, and registered in my name all along. After driving 3 miles, the car faltered. Car taken to Corey's for diagnosis on 4/29.

Danny ** filed a lawsuit against me which was delivered to my house on 4/30. He also filed a police report saying I stole the car. He alleges I owe him for the repairs to the amount of $3107. I took required paperwork to Clerk of Court on 5/5 (1st avail time before they closed). I sent certified mail to Carolina Rides on 5/5 with "Partial Satisfaction of Judgment enclosed. Still owes: car key, written 6 month warranty, Clerk of Court filing fee ($10), Sheriff dep fee ($25), 6 months accrued interest ($38.78), car depreciation 6 months ($180.00+), and repair for present breakdown(TBD). Also included a letter requesting engine repair records.

As of 5/10/10, I have spent out $8209.82 related to this car. I have had to miss days from work (12/8 and upcoming). I have had to make numerous phone calls. I have had to purchase another vehicle ($1600 + taxes) to use because rentals were too expensive and the return of my vehicle was 4 to 5 months past due. I have experienced emotional and psychological distress. Having a police man come to my house was more than just disturbing. It upset my elderly, disabled sister who answered the door. I was upset by the decision of the Magistrate because I felt I was not allowed to present the mountain of evidence at had at that time. All of this just adds insult to injury. I have a 15 page document outlining all transactions and conversations. All of this has been quite time consuming.

Carolina Rides Company Profile