3.69/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Saab

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Saab Reviews

Original review: June 28, 2018

My 2008 Saab is the nicest car I have driven. It's easy to handle, comfortable and I get a smooth ride. It is a pleasure to drive in all kinds of weather. It's dependable and it gets great mileage too. Also, it has an awesome hatchback. I can fold down the seats and pack so much in there. It's a classy, high-quality car and I like its overall look. Although I don't like that it's black. It is also difficult to get in and out of for my husband who has a stiff knee.

Original review: May 9, 2018

Saab was a bad choice. It's hard to get parts for it and repair it. When I find someone that can make repairs it's expensive. Since everything is electric, if it stalls, can't blow horn, can't unlock the door. Hot mess.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 29, 2018

I bought my Black 2006 Saab 9-5 Turbo in 2008, a pre-certified car with 43,000 miles. I have been driving it for almost 10 years. It gets good gas mileage and has been low maintenance overall. I had one major problem that was not managed properly and required a new head at the cost of Saab dealership service. Since then the most expensive service was new brakes in 2017. I really enjoy the all leather seats, radio and CD player.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I fell in love with SAABs when I college, but couldn't afford one until 1985. It was a 900S manual with an oddball pinkish silver color that my friends gave me grief over but I loved it. No major issues until it was approaching 250,000 miles when it seemed like everything just went to hell at once. Now maybe it's just me, but 250,000 miles is a trigger for not only my first one, but my fire engine red 1995 900S (that 1 of my daughters is now driving) is nearing 250,000 and the same things are starting to pop just like my 1985. My current ride is a 2005 black 9-5 that move likes a bat outta you know where; and guess what? Just passed 250,000 miles and the pattern continues. In my opinion, the best cars ever made and I'm in the hunt for a low mileage used one right now.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

Best car (93ss) I have ever driven in my life. Love the turbo and the four doors. It has more bells and whistles that you need. It is awesome! I hope it will last another ten years.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Saab?

Original review: Sept. 29, 2016

From day 1, its been a heck of a ride with my Saab 9.7x. A list of problems: Day 1, Airbag LIGHT stuck on. Driver's side window stuck in rolled down position and yep you guessed it, it was winter. Heater went out, again it was winter. Electrical problem of all kinds: radio buzzes when I hit a bump, turn on the heat or sometimes just randomly. Headlights burn out, I would replace them and then they'd burn out again within weeks. Current problem: headlights go out randomly, sometimes they stay on and other times they both go out at the same time. Next morning back on and then out a day later. Of course it always happens in the dark. I'm praying my high beams don't go out because they're currently working (knock on wood). I wish I could talk to the engineers designers and supplier of this car. My first question would be to ask WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!?

Original review: July 18, 2015

I bought a 2005 Saab 9-3 linear sedan 2 years ago and I regret it so much. Thankfully I have not had any major problems that cost a fortune to fix yet but my cousin also bought a 2003 Saab 9-3 Vector around the same time I did and have spent over $4000 in repairs within the first 6 months of owning it! I've only spent about $800 on a heating problem. But it's a lot of small things that makes me angry about this car. 3 out of the 4 windows have stopped working, the cd player no longer works, my headlights burn out so fast - I replace them both at least every 2 months! It keeps telling me my tail light is out even though it is not. The left brake light is on the left outer side while the running light is on the right inner side but on the right side of the car the brake light is on the left inner while the running light is on the right outer side. What happen there??!! The car has randomly shut off on me going down the road.

And most recently the car alarm will go off while I'm driving down the road!!! Has anyone else have that happen?! it's happened 7 times not in the past couple days. And the locks on the doors will sometimes not lock or unlock for me on the driver door and back passenger door. Also the light switch for the headlights does nothing... So my lights are always on when I have the car started and can't turn them off which there have been times where I wanted to leave the car running but not leave my headlights blinding everyone around. But couldn't because the lights won't turn off! And there is a fog light button and it will show the icon on my screen when I press it, but doesn't seem to do anything at all. And my key fab has fallen apart. Most annoying car I have ever owned! Will be selling it soon before something major goes wrong like my cousin's Saab did!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2014

I recently ordered (December 2014) some common parts for my 2006 Saab 93 that I purchased new. One item is a taillight holder that I need and I needed this - it is an ASAP as mine is completely out (all 3 bulbs). Four business days later the order is "still processing" and I have nothing. When I placed my order it was $100 for overnight!!!! I went with ‘standard’ 2-5 day UPS ground because I am in PA. They are in MI and this is 1-2 days for UPS ground. Anyway, I ordered online and now have found you can't call them..... They have "live chat" but for the last 2 days it says they are "unavailable". I sent an email and it said I will get a reply in 1-2 business days. This is ridiculous... Anyway, there are other parts suppliers out there for Saab. However, this is the "official" parts supplier for Saab in the USA. This is a pathetic way to do business. I highly recommend going elsewhere. Again this is SAAB USA parts the "official" Saab parts source in the USA.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2014

FUNNY!!! Reading all your comments...oh ...well where do I start? To make it short, I’ve owned 3 Saabs all purchased at Schumacher in West Palm Beach. “Be one of the family,” he says on commercials. I’ve spent $6,000 repairing my Saab with 150,000 miles on it and they now offer me $500 trade in on new Buick. LOL. Each time repairing car saying, “that'll fix it”. It was towed into shop 3 times after quote repaired?! Overheat, DI Cassette replace 5 times since 2007, new radiator $1200, new transmission, new long block engine due to sludge in engine, headlights replace 4 times, light bulbs $300... Oh yes you get the picture. I refuse to get rid of it. I paid $47,000 new off showroom and now they offer me $500 trade on new vehicle. Where’s the ad? Pull drag or drive car and we will give you minimum $6,000 on trade for a new car. THAT’S WHERE I GOTTA GO. A poor man can’t afford a used car.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2014

In my 2004 Saab 95, the Windshield washer stopped working. 15 minutes later the head lamp washers stopped working too. After the wipers stopped in the middle of the windshield, I was forced to get off the freeway and toy the car in a shop. Replaced fuse #37 and wipers starts working but none of the washers. For no reason Saab complicated beyond imagination windshield wipers, forcing the owner to replace the wiper motor assembly, washer pump and more just to wash the windshield, for a bill more than $800.

In a Ford Focus the problem can be solved with a trip in a junkyard to buy washer bottle with the motor for $40. My 2004 Saab 95 is going to end in a junk yard for only $350. It is a better horrible end than a horror without end (in long run). I will stay away from Saab because it is unnecessary very complicated, very hard to find used parts, very expensive original parts, and for some problems the USA dealerships are not enough competent to solve many problems. The bottom line is my 2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 3.0L engine drives better than 2004 Saab 95, and is very easy and cheap to maintain.

Saab Company Information