Purrfect Auto Service

Compare Auto Service and Repair Companies

Research top Auto Service and Repair Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My husband is a very skilled mechanic so we don't usually take our car to a different shop. Advice: a mechanic is a good friend to have. Women ought to know their stuff if they walk into an automotive shop by themselves. It is not uncommon at all to be charged more than necessary or have unnecessary work done if you seem gullible and ignorant to basic repairs. I can get my vehicle fixed any time through family. Much more convenient and it's free or not very expensive. I have to watch out at shops. Everybody is just trying to make their money. People in a business will try to get as much money as they can. That's business.

I prefer to know people who are skilled in a variety of trades. It makes life a lot more easy and you can trust the work. They are very professional and It certainly makes for a good alternative when my usual mechanics are too busy. It's nice to walk in with my husband because he is very knowledgeable in all things automotive. I know I'm not going to get ripped off when I walk into a shop to get work done.

I'm not sure how much value it gave my car but it definitely wasn't cheap labor. It is as a couple of months ago and they fixed my brakes. They were as making this awful noise that drove me crazy. The guy at the counter was very friendly and said that I should be happy it was the brakes and not the rotors because that came ups become real with expensive. So I am thankful because I'm not a rich person in any way. I trusted what they could do because they have worked on my car before. Like I said they were very nice and reasonable on their prices and they are close to my house so I didn't have to travel too far. To have the same problem with the breaks is very crazy and I think I'm the only person that has ever happened to. They helped me real quick and was very polite. I would go back every time. The guy and the he counter was very friendly too. I would definitely go back because I just think that they are great people.

Knowledgeable in automotive industry, honest, trustworthy, dependable. When it comes to service and affordability they're the best hands down. The trust I have for them can't be described. It's great. The best. I wouldn't trust any other company but them. They're honest when it comes to automotive and they lead the industry with their expertise. That's why I go to them with all my automotive needs. They are very affordable when it comes to service. They're always available that's why I go to them. They get you right in and out without hurting your pocket. Friendliest people I've ever dealt with. Their customer service is hands-down the best. Very well trained, very well experienced, very well knowledgeable, simply the best ever. I wish there was more companies like them.

Amazing work on my car. They checked everything thoroughly, answered all my questions about the car and the parts that they put in. They were also very friendly. They never lied to me. They never mistreated my car, they never lied to me about what was wrong with my car. Which is very uncommon in this time period. They were very available upon call, they never turned us away. That was nice. It was very calming as well and let me get other things done that I needed to do. They were very helpful, supportive and answered every question I had about what they were doing with my vehicle. It was very pleasant surprising on how nice and honest they were.

The value was okay, could have been better but overall the service made up for the value, very nice and friendly environment. The quality of work was very well done. Because I've been here before I have come to know the people and greatly trust their work and decisions. The workers are all friendly and caring, work gets done in a timely manner. Workers are very mindful of customers. Walk in are always welcomed, wait is usually 15-30 mins to have your car seen. Set up appointments and easily get booked as soon as 48 hours. Wait no longer that 1 hour for your vehicle to be complete. Great service all around from the front desk to the mechanics. All the workers are polite and very friendly warm and welcoming to customers. I greatly recommend this place to others.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Purrfect Auto Service?

They put the best brand new parts and made it run better than it was. High-quality performance that no other mechanic have used before. It sound 100% better also. Their parts were very trustworthy. They were brand new and I never ever had another problem with them again. They also were very time-consuming and when I got there my car was ready to be worked on and finished when they told me it would be. I called the first day I had a problem and they were available to fix the car the next day. I wish it could have been done the same day but the incident occurred too late in the afternoon. The customer service was great. They had hors d'oeuvres bread and drinks out in the waiting room. They showed me how much my parts and services were separately.

My car has never been better and I would recommend them to others since they have super amazing services. Would travel far just to get where they are located and experience their services again. They are a trustworthy company. Anyone willing to contact them for their service should not have any worries. It's a company I would not hesitate to entrust my car with. Their availability is undisputable. As soon as I contacted them to make a booking, they were easily available and that is so satisfying. They have excellent customer service, well trained and experienced employees who are very friendly and warm as well. They are so welcoming and professionally social with customers. They make one feel at home.

My car was making a strange sound but I had gotten my service done to keep the warranty so I took it to them and they gladly checked it out and corrected the problem. I always have multiple car shops take a look at my car before getting service and have found Purrfect Auto to be very honest about what needed to be fixed and how soon regardless of price.

I can usually call in the morning and schedule simple services such as an oil change for the same day. They are very helpful when answering any questions I may have. I'm not very familiar with cars and problems they can have other than basic issues such as tires and brakes so Purrfect Auto has taken time to go over things and explain why they are important. Again, they are friendly and always willing to go over problems and explain in detail why they need fixed. They know me by name and call me by name when dealing with them. I have never seen or heard anyone get upset with a customer nor have I known of a customer to have an issue with them.

The service was great I suppose and they did okay on my car and it wasn't all that great but it is good enough for me. So I guess I would recommend it. I wouldn't say they're really trusting but they do get the job done. Probably would only go there once and that's it. Never again in the near future would I got there. You can go there anytime really, their hours are really flexible so you could just go in after work so it's easy for you to access. It was easy for me. The people were in a really good mood to help to me and they didn't have an attitude at all which is great for me. I only saw one person who seemed to be unhappy.

Reasonable cost to fix front brakes. A little of $100 to replace front pads and resurface rotors. I would go back. The job was done in a day. The person I dealt with was fairly knowledgeable about the issue. They were upfront about the cost and what works needed to be done. They did not hide anything and were honest. I brought the car in on a Saturday morning and they are able to take me right away. I did not need to call for an appointment. Very prompt and helpful. The tech explained what the job will entail and how long it will take. There was a decent waiting area and the people there were very friendly.

For the price I think everything was up to par and well done. I would recommend to friends and family. Shop was clean and moving at a steady pace. They gave me a warranty and a return card if anything may happen to the car relating to any work they have done on my vehicle and I love that idea. Such a big help. They were available but the hours aren't so great being as thought most people get put off work around 4 they close about 6 and you have to make an appointment since so many other vehicles have to be worked on or checked out. They answered all my questions. They were very sweet and courteous with everything. They were patient when I had tons of questions. They were verbally enhanced and quick on their feet. They had the knowledge.

The value of the service performed on my vehicle was unmeasurable, as I had an oil change done. This adds to the life of my vehicle as it is lengthening the life of my car! I have extreme trust with this business. I left my booklet of CDs in the car by accident while the oil change was being performed. Aside from my worry, nothing happened to my CDs. I had received an opinion saying that I needed a few hundred dollars worth of work done. I took it to Purrfect Auto for a second opinion and all that they said needed to be done was a simple oil change! They not only told me the truth which saved me a few hundred dollars. Then while I waited for the oil change to be completed, I was offered coffee.

My son took my car to Purrfect auto in Henderson. They called told me It's $350.00 to take it out. OK. Car (Jaquar 2003). Car went in Nov 7th. Josh said "It would cost $4500.00". I said that's too much. "OK $4000.00". Spoke to Steve. He said "it would be in perfect condition. You will never have to do anything again except put Oil in it". It will be so clean just like new. The 10th I called. It should be ready no later than Sat the 12th. They never called me like they promised. I called Sat. They are waiting for a part from Calif. "Will call you Mon 14th." (Cancelled a dental appt. Took me four months to get it). I called 14th Mon. "Will call you." I called 16th it was ready. Steve said he would do something on the price, because it cost me money while waiting. Well, Steve was not there on the 16th. Josh threatened to put a lien on my car if I didn't pay $4000.00. Luckily a friend let me borrow $300.00. So I paid them and left. They are consistent LIARS.

The dealer was going to charge me twice as much for the same service. I shopped around and found that Purrfect offered the same service for less. Plus they were rated quite high. The manager who took care of me was friendly and open. He described what needed to be done and approximately how long it would take. At no time did he try to push a sale on me. I went to Purrfect early in the morning on a Saturday and already there were at least seven people in front of me. I took that as a positive sign. Had to wait close to an hour before it was my turn. The manager who assisted me was very friendly, helpful, and efficient. He explained what needed to be done and approximately how long it would take. They were pretty much right on time.

The Purrfect auto shop fixed my car without charging me an arm and a leg. I felt confident after they repaired my car that I could drive my car without the same problem arising. When I went to drop off my car, my husband's car broke down at the shop. My car was still drivable so my husband dropped me off at work while they worked on his car. When he returned my car finally stopped. They gave my husband options, repaired both vehicles and did a great job. They fixed my car quickly, which I had an appointment and also fixed my husband's car which needed to be fixed, although he did not have an appointment. The gentleman was professional and spoke to my husband and I like people, not just people with cash who they could exploit. This was my first time having a great experience with a mechanic.

If I had my choice they wouldn't get any stars. All they care about is selling you a service that they can't produce. When you bring your car in for an oil change they want to sell you an overhaul of your car. Bad bad, bad. The manager Deb is so desperate for business she offers you her personal car as part of her sales pitch. The owner must be a real cheapskate. I have been taking my car there for about 2 years. It's perfect for oil changes and smogs, that's it!!!

I needed a catalytic converter because the manifold was cracked also had a broken exhaust manifold bolt. I was told they could replace the bolt. After about a half day I got a call and said the car was done. I asked if they were able to extract the bolt and Debs response was, "Trust me". Anytime someone trust me I get worried. Anyways they couldn't replace the bolt, they decided to install manifold anyways and was charge $900 for the work. Any reputable auto mechanic knows you have to replace the bolt before you can install the new exhaust manifold otherwise your manifold will warp. You need all the bolts, you'll have exhaust leaks and could damage more than just the manifold.

Advertising low price for Smog Check. Bait and switch policy. SHOULD NOT be in BUSINESS. Mechanic shops "SHOULD NOT be allowed to DO SMOG CHECKS in CALIFORNIA." Went for smog check, we are busy, come later. Went back at appointment time (105 F hot weather). It will take 1 1/2 hour (on phone promised 20 minutes in and out, done). Did not passed test, vacuum hose to be replaced. I ordered vacuum hose and went back to re do smog test. It is lunch time, we cannot do it. Come at 3.00 pm. Went at 3.00 pm. Person who is doing smog test is out to lunch. At 1.00 pm all were taking lunch. They do not deserve even one STAR. It is negative (-5) rating.

At 3.00 pm no one was there. A senior mechanic was making decisions and manager has no say. I argued with manager and they agreed to return my $20.00 that I had paid before. The senior mechanic damage interior panel in rage and left panel pieces in car. I found it out later. In my 35+ years in America 1st time a mechanic damage my car and not performing repairs. The mechanic must go under behavioral and anger evaluation. My reason for complaint is to correct issue at location which may help owner of franchise, franchise and protect customer. Company should be reimbursed me for damage of the interior panel.

My truck was cutting off and they said it was the fuel pump so they change it and the hose from the gas tank so they said it was good. I drive, halfway home it die, had it tow home. All they want is my money. They told me to bring it back but I won't ever go back to you. You are nothing but a rip-off. I pay them $190.00. I will tell my area where I live never go to Purrfect Auto. They will rip you off. I will call Better Business Bureau. Thank you for losey work.

I have gone to Purrfect Auto because my mom referred the place to me. I have noticed that they have since changed their name to AA Auto Care. I go in for minor work. An oil change here or there. Up until recently I have noticed the next day after I receive an oil change my light that indicates I need an oil change comes on. I also went in to get a smog check done and it failed. I looked up the code myself and asked if they could fix this so I could pass smog. $1300.00 later it's fixed and I passed smog. 1 week goes by and my engine light is back on. I call and all they say is "Bring it back down and we will check it out for you." I bring it down and the lady at the desk tells me it shouldn't be any more than 45 mins. There is only 1 other car ahead of me. 2 hrs later I ask what the hold up is and I am told now my coolant is low. So I ask, "Why would that affect my engine light being on?" Of course I get no answer.

So I ask about the oil change and they said, "It's been done." So I explain to them why is my light for an oil change on. They didn't have an explanation. I told them to just give me my keys. They didn't charge me for anything that day but did quote me $3500.00 worth of work that needs to be done to my vehicle. The girl at the desk also stated they topped off my coolant so it is no longer low and did another oil change. My 1st thought was why did you do another oil change when it should have already been done.

This all happened this past Saturday which was 4 days ago. My reason for writing this was because of what happened this morning. My engine light is back on, my oil change reads across the screen in my car, I have a low tire pressure indicator light on, an electric indicator lights comes on and my car ran hot. All of this less than a week to me taking my car to this shop to get work done. It's hard for me not to feel like I am being taken advantage of. Never using this place again and will be filing a claim with the BBB.

A month and a half ago I took my car into perfect auto because my AC was blowing out heat. They asked me when was the last time I had my fluids flushed. I told him I never recalled having them flushed and they said that should fix the problem. So I pay them to do that work and I had AC for 1 day. When was the last time I had my fluids flushed? I told him I never recalled having them flushed and they said that should fix the problem. So I paid them to do that work and I had AC for one day. The next day I noticed it was blowing out heat so I took it back to them to check it out. They told me that there was a leak and that the Freon was coming out and said that I needed to get a new AC compressor which they would do for me for around $960 bucks. I didn't have the money so I passed on it.

Meanwhile my mother spoke with them and asked them how much they would charge to put in a new engine on a 2003 Saturn Vue. The mechanic behind the counter said that it may not even be worth it because she may Wind up paying more than what the car is worth. Then he said why don't you bring it in and let me take a look at it. So she had them pick up the car because the tire was flat and they checked it out. A day or two later they said it needed a new head gasket and that would fix the issue and that it was in great condition. It’s so she had them pick up the car because the tire was flat and they checked it out. A day or two later they said it needed a new head gasket and that would fix the issue looked better than they thought.

Since my mother had just purchased her a new car she wanted to give her SUV to me or sell it. They told her it would be between 1800 and $2000 for the part and that she could get it financed through their finance company with a 90 day same as cash deal. She called me and told me what was said and asked if I wanted to go ahead and apply for the loan and we would have the SUV which we've been wanting since we have a baby on the way. My husband reluctantly agreed and filled out the paperwork. The acceptance came back and said that he was approved for $1500 and that we needed to pay the remaining $300 for them to get started. So we went into $300 in cash and they started the process.

A few days the acceptance came back and said that he was approved for $1500 and that we needed to pay the remaining $300 for them to get started. So we went into $300 in cash and they started on it. A few days later, maybe a week, we got a call letting us know that the truck was ready and that we needed to drive it around because the battery had been unplug for a few days while they had it. I drove around on the freeway and while driving get I noticed that the thermostat hand went over to the red especially when I accelerated. I took a picture of it and took it back to the shop and told them. The head mechanic has them fill up the coolant reservoir.

And they said if it overheats again, bring it right back. I took a picture of it and took it back to the shop and told them. The head mechanic had a guy fill up the coolant reservoir. And they said if it overheats again then bring it right back. I drive home and as soon as I park I see a ton of coolant all over the ground under my car. So I take it right back over there and they said it did that because the mechanic had put too much coolant in the reservoir. The next day I'm driving the truck and the check engine light comes on, along with the overheating signal going on and off. I take it back to the shop and they put it on the machine and they said they forgot to reset something and the check engine light goes off.

A day or two later I'm driving again and it overheats so I have my husband take it up to the shop and have them look at it again. They said that it was probably either the sensor or a needed a new coolant reservoir which would cost is $156 to get replaced through them. Since we didn't have the money we decided to just park the truck until we could get it fixed. I went online and saw the AutoZone have the part so we got the money two weeks later we order the part and had our personal mechanic replace the coolant reservoir for 30 bucks. While driving back from our mechanic my husband notices that the thermostat is still overheating so I told him to take it straight to the shop and let them know what's going on since we did what they said it need and let them know they won't be able to see the issue without driving it first because that's when it overheats.

He gets there and tells them everything and the head mechanic was a little upset because we had taken it to someone else to do the reservoir. They get in the car with my husband to test drive it down the freeway. While testing it they have to keep pulling over to the side of the road to let it cool down. They have my husband leave the car with them so they can check it out. Two days later I called up to the shop to find out what's going on and the head mechanic says somebody drove it and it got too hot and blew the head so they have to replace the head gasket again. He said Tuesday the part will be there. I call them the following Wednesday and the head mechanic tells me that one of the parts came in cracked and should be there tomorrow. He said even then they will need to monitor it so it may be a few days.

That Saturday morning I get a call letting me know it's ready to be picked up. I pick it up around 1030 am. I drive it home and wipe it down and pack it to go to my mom's house. While driving down the street I notice the thermostat hand is already at half. As soon as I hop on the freeway and pick up speed, it overheats again so I slow down and the hand moves back toward the center and I take the streets. I called the shop and told the head mechanic that I was headed right back to him because it was overheating again. When I get to the shop, the head mechanic tells me they had it running for hours the other day and it never idled. He tells me they are going to monitor it and has one of the guys take me home.

That following Monday it was time for me to register my vehicle so I did and dropped the tags off to the guy at the front desk. He explained to me that it didn't look good and that it may be an issue with the bottom part of the motor. He said they were going to have their supervisor look at it because they know we put a lot of money in it and they want to make sure I have a good working vehicle. That Friday I called again to check on the vehicle and they said they had the supervisor look at it and discovered that there is something wrong with the motor. So they were going to see if they could put a seal or something on it to fix it without having to replace the whole thing and save us money. He said they would not have ever been able to know that it needed a new motor without first fixing to head gasket. He said he would have to go through a process to see if it actually works.

After not hearing anything for a few days I called the following Tuesday for an update. The front desk guy told me that there is something wrong with the motor which he had already told me before and that he didn't get a chance to talk to the owner last night but will talk to him tonight and see if they can credit or something because of all the labor that was put in to the job and the money. He said he should have some information for me tomorrow morning. I explained to him that I didn't understand why we came to them letting them know that it needed a new engine based on our previous diagnosis which the people kept for 3 days and charged only a $30 fee and here we are a month and a half later with the truck in and out their shop, $2000 shorter and still no vehicle with AC and finding out the same thing we were already told.

He said "so and so already told you guys it needed a new engine." I said yes and that it was when the truck still belonged to my mom. He said "yeah the main thing he wants to steps to the owner is that a lot of money has been put into the truck already and he would let me know what happens. He thanked me for my patience. He called me around noon the next day and told me that he spoke with the owner briefly and the owner said that they to credit us the labor but it would need a new engine in that they've been calling around trying to get quotes and deals on the part. He said the best deal they found was that it will be between 1500 and $2000 for the job.

He said the labor usually cost around $1500 by itself so we will be getting a good deal on it for $1500. I told him had we known initially, I never would have spent one dime on it. He said the vehicle is still good it just needs that one part. I told him I would talk to my husband about it. My husband called back and let him know that we didn't have anymore money to put into it and that now he was stuck with a loan he can't afford and still has to make sure we get AC in the other car before the baby gets here who is due in a few weeks. He let the guy know that they misdiagnosed it and we were really pissed about it and have no choice but to try to sell it now.

Was told coolant was needed... okayed that... was told oil change was only 9.99... did that because it was due. About 20 minutes or so later was called into garage and told that there was a contaminated brake system problem, that someone had put transmission fluid in with brake fluid... a very dangerous and costly repair that must be made. Offered me credit after stating it might cost 1800. Car has just 53,000 miles and is driven by 76 year old woman about 35 miles a week... been taking it to Sears Auto on S. Grand Canyon for over two years. Went and complained to them. They said that because they had not seen the car for many months, if it was their mistake, I would have many problems by now, of which I had none. I asked their mechanic when he first looked at it about how long did he think the fluid was in there, and his reply was 'About two or three weeks maybe?"

I have to believe that Purrfect may have added that fluid in hopes of getting a 'big job' out of me. I was very distraught and after refusing their credit and stating I needed to think about it, I drove over to Sears after picking up all the paperwork they did for me in past two years since moving here. I feel scammed. I looked this young mechanic at Purrfect in the eyes at least three times to see if I should believe him, as he kept coming into the office to see if we could get the paper work started for repairs.

It wound up costing me $371 at Sears. I feel like had I not gone to Purrfect for the smog check, I would have had not problems. I live on a fixed income and it hurts to have unnecessary work done on a car that is not used a lot. My last thoughts on this is rather than go down and accuse them of betrayal, they will have to deal with their God in due time... enough said...

Ok, yesterday I brought my 06 Chevy 2500 HD in due to it drifting to the right a bit. ** called me back shortly after dropping it off and said that the upper and lower arms need to be replaced. I drove back down and ** showed me the wear on the new tires due to the arms wearing. He also recommended new shocks and wheel bearings along with an alignment and tire rotation. No problem, makes sense. I dropped the truck off at 230pm and received a call that it was completed at 515pm.

My bill was $3477. $2327 in parts and $940 in labor. I didn't have a problem with the total for the parts, but I had an issue with the labor. I asked ** why the labor was where it was at and he politely explained to me that the book hourly rate for the arms are 3 hrs per arm, so it was $600 for that. Ok, help me out here, $376 per hour, are you serious?! They replaced upper and lower A arms, changed out the shocks, replaced the front hub and wheel bearings, and an alignment job in a little over 2.5 hrs, but I get charged $940 in labor costs. A dealership charges $120 an hr. ** explained to me that he had two mechanics working on it which has nothing to do with the rate of labor.

I have three family members that USED to take their vehicles here, but not anymore. I know people all have their opinions on places they go to, be it a restaurant or a mechanic, but I am sorry, they are way off base on this one. Shame on them!!! I hope the owner reads this and makes a change. Oh, and they didn't give me my old parts back, what a surprise that was. I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau on this one. Someone needs to check them in a big way!

Had my car towed to them as my car was not running. Was told that they would do an engine performance diagnosis. Came back and was told I need new head gasket, spark plugs, and the cylinder heads were sent to a machine shop. After 3 weeks, was told that I needed new lifters, then was told that the wrong parts were order after they put in. Now, was told they didn't match the cam. Was asked if I wanted to put in an insurance claim for all the work including some body work that needs to get done; said that the insurance would cover everything. I had to have my car towed out of there as it still was not running. They may have done real damage to the motor and I may need a new one. I'm not a happy camper.

Oil change for $9.99 - Run from these con scam men. The black fat dude manager said I needed all kinds of bs upsells. I'm contacting my attorney and possibly filing a class action suit. Purrfect is a total nightmare and the employees are worse than Nigerian money scams. Run don't walk away from here or you will regret ever driving up.

2007 dodge caliber - Purrfect Auto replaced the manifold runner. It did not work then replaced the electronic control module. It did not work. Then fixed the throttle body. It did not work. Opened my engine through the oil pan. Then test drove my car without oil in the engine and ruined my engine. They washed their hands of the problem. They won't answer my calls or letters I wrote to them. Car does not work. I need their insurance company's name to file a claim. By law they have to be insured.

My wife took her 1996 Camry for smog check and oil change with coupons at the Eastern and St. Rose location. The mechanic came to tell her it needed a new timing belt, cooling system service, transmission fluid flush, front and rear brake service and air cleaner replacement. She said she would wait and price shop the work they recommended. When we checked our service records at home, almost all of that service had previously been done recently. I would not recommend this shop for any kind of work at all.

I brought in a vehicle that they had worked on because of a noise I heard when driving my car. Since they did replace the front struts on my vehicle at a cost of $787, I thought maybe there might be another problem they did not catch. I brought the vehicle back and the individual drove the car around and informed me that I needed front wheel bearings replaced. The initial charge was $560 but was told he would do it for $490. I hesitated about doing it before getting a second opinion. Sure enough, I took it to another mechanic and he fixed the noise (coming from the back tire) for $10.

My wife went to this place to give them another chance for the $22.95 oil change with the tire rotation included. Well surprise surprise, they are a just another auto service just wanting to rip you off. My wife came in wanting the oil change and then was told the HHR needed a special oil filter. So they charged my wife an extra $10 for the filter. I had never heard this from any other place that I had my oil changed. If you need to have your car serviced, I would advise you to stay away from this place. These are the same auto service individuals that give places a bad name.

Had work done on girlfriend's 1998 Toyota on 6/18/2014. Idling was off by 8000 R.P.M.S. Trans wasn't right. They drained out about a quart from trans. Cleaned idling valve. There was another customer there (a Woman)... I told her to ask to see any parts that were taken off the car. The Advice was taken. As I waited for my car, Her car just got done from the rack. She asked to see what was done... I do think this helped out the Younger Woman. It turned out good for me thus far. We'll see how it goes now? Driving it back to the house, it ran very well.

On 6/7/2014, I put my car in the shop to have a Engine Performance Diagnosis, Tune up, and a replacement AC Discharge Line at Purrfect Auto Service in Rialto, CA (463 W. Foothill Ave). According to the BAR (2014) owners should receive a written estimate for repair work, detailed invoice of work done and parts supplied, and be returned parts if the customer asks. I received a call on Saturday, 6/7/2014, and the associate stated that the flywheel was messed up on the car. I agreed to have that added to my bill. I was under the impression that I would receive a call to come down to their shop to sign off on the labor I agreed to pay. Your website also states, the auto repair shop must provide a written estimate before doing any work (BAR, 2014). However, I did not receive any paperwork until 6/10/2014.

When I contacted the offices on 6/9/2014, the associate told me to come and pick my car up because it was done being worked on. Upon arrival, the associate I spoke with on the phone told me what work was being done and handed me an invoice that was backdated from 6/7/2014 on 6/10/2014, and that's when I found out that the services would total $1,225.55 and the associate also added an oil change which I did not need or agree to (I actually didn't agree to anything on 6/7/2014 except Engine Performance Diagnosis, Tune up, and a replacement AC Discharge Line). The associate became irate and refused to release my car on 6/10/2014 because I asked a series of questions like he quoted me labor at $75 and on the invoice it stated $85. I returned on 6/11/2014 to pick up my car and I did put $214.00 down on their $1200.00 payment plan. Today, 6/14/2014, on my way to get gas, my transmission went out. I called the mechanic and they had the car towed back to their shop.

They had the car for an hour and I received a call stating that my transmission went out and they don't do transmission work. The associate later stated he test drove my car for a mile with the problems and the car was stuck in 1st gear. I am out $1,225.55 for services that had nothing to do with what was wrong with my car. I know that his repairs cause my transmission to go out because he said he had to remove the transmission to repair the flywheel. The associate, **, kept saying they don't do transmission work but if that was the cause then why was it out for them to take out my transmission to do any other repairs? There are several violations that this establishment is violating and I feel ripped off by these unprofessional mechanics. I feel that I was led astray because if the shop did a Engine Performance Diagnosis then it should have been picked up on the 6/7/2014 when he called and said my flywheel was missing 15 teeth (which it was not missing any teeth - it was just damaged, scratches).

On 6/14/2014 I left my car at Purrfect Auto Service in Rialto CA because the associate ** said they do not do transmission work (since the flywheel is a part of the transmission why would they service it?). Their website states that their transmission services included: TRANSMISSION & CLUTCH SERVICE, Transmission Fluid Service, Automatic Transmission Internal Repairs, Automatic Transmission Re-Sealing, Electronically Controlled Systems, Overhaul/Transmission Service, Automatic Transaxle Service, Standard Transmission Rebuilding Service, Clutch & Pressure Plate Service, Hydraulic Master Cylinder & Slave Cylinder Repairs, Flywheel Machining (Purrfectautorialto.net).

I called their offices and told them that I would have the car towed on 6/15/2014 and ** informed me that it was OK for me to do so but my car maybe vandalized (windows broken out). I told him, "Well, it's your property." However, on 6/15/2014, a Sunday, Aamco was closed and could not tow my car. When I returned on 6/16/2014 to meet the tow guy, my car had its window smashed out and the manager ** told me that their shop is not liable for my damages. The funny thing is that I drove by my car Saturday and Sunday night and nothing was wrong with my car. The manager broke my windows out and they have a surveillance system and other cars that remained on their lot over the weekend and their cars received no damage.

The car has been towed to Aamco located in Fontana, CA for a diagnosis and I am currently in the process of contacting my insurance company about the damages to my vehicle. I have always been patient but I was extremely disappointed in my experience from 6/7-6/14/2014. I would like to request that the company be investigated for their credit policies (198% after 3 months). I also believe that I am entitled to a refund/compensation in the amount of $1,225.55.

Consumer Increased Rating!

I contacted the district manager and owner of Purrfect Auto. They were not aware of the problem I had, but once I made them aware, they were understanding and compassionate, and the did everything (and more) to make it right. I'm extremely pleased with the outcome. Originally I was quick to say don't use them, but after the prompt response and excellent customer service I received from them, I would certainly use them again. These guys are locals with ties to our community and are not out to rip anyone off. Problem resolved!

brandy of North Las Vegas , NV on

Original Review

I took my car to them for a repair of the mass air flow sensor. They fixed it and I paid over $750.00. A couple of days later, the check engine light came on. I took the car back and they fixed it again. This same thing happened over 5 different times. A few months later, when I could afford to take the car somewhere else, I did. The other shop pulled the mass air flow sensor off, and not only was it for the wrong year of car, it was a part from a junkyard (handwriting in blue across the part)! DO NOT take your car to this place. Mark, the Manager and his buddy Nathan are crooks! When I threatened legal action, Mark denied using a junkyard part, but said to come down and he will make it right. DO NOT USE PURRFECT AUTO!!!

Purrfect Auto Service Company Profile