Protect My Car

4.1/5 (520 ratings)
Call Center Open
Protect My Car

About Protect My Car

Protect My Car is a premier vehicle service provider that states its goal is to “change the game” with advisors who place the customer first and help minimize uncertainty from unexpected costly repairs. The company states that it aims to provide a hassle-free claims process and ongoing customer service.

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect My Car?

Original review: March 23, 2018

I am already taking advantage of the benefits Protect My Car has to offer. I signed up last week and the plan I have even offers free oil changes. I went for my oil change and tire rotation today and it was so easy. I definitely recommend Protect My Car.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for those comments. We do appreciate your choosing Protect My car and we know you'll save a ton of money with the benefits provided by your coverage.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: March 21, 2018

My friend has been telling me about Protect My Car since I bought my car six month ago. I finally decided to call them last week. I spoke with Angela and she explained all the benefits they had. She was very nice and helpful. With the low costs and all the benefits it was a no brainer to sign up for an extended warranty.

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate them very much.
We do work hard to make sure this protection is affordable for everyone’s budget. It’s all part of not just doing the right thing, but doing things right for each customer.

Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is any way we can help.

Original review: March 17, 2018

I am so thankful for Protect My Car. My teenage daughter recently started driving and we made sure she was covered with Protect My Car like my wife and myself. She was driving home late the other night from work and her car broke down on the side of the road. I am so happy she was able to call Protect My Car because my wife and I were out of town. She said they really helped her.

Protect My Car response
Thank you very much for your kind comments. We make it our mission in life to provide great service and needed help to all policy holders. We are very glad the policy, our staff and our services have been of help to you. Your peace of mind is always our most important goal.

Original review: March 15, 2018

I recently signed up with Protect My Car and I have been very happy so far. I signed up with Jessica and she was very thorough. She really helped me pick the right plan for what I needed and what fit my budget. The whole process has been so easy so far.

Original review: March 15, 2018

For months my friend kept telling me I should sign up with Protect My Car. She had been with them for a while and she loved them. I finally decided to sign up two months ago and I completely agree with her. Everyone I have encountered with Protect My Car has been great and they have so many benefits. I already took advance of their free oil changes. I definitely recommend Protect My Car to all my friends.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for taking time to provide comments on your experience with Protect My Car. Those were very kind words and we appreciate them very much. We take pride in exercising good judgment by doing the right thing, not just doing things right.

Thank you, too, for referring folks to us. We will treat them with just as much respect as we do you. Remember, if you referred someone to us who now has a policy we say thank you with a Visa gift card. Please let us know who you have referred so we can thank you this way.

Original review: March 14, 2018

I wanted to make sure I had warranty on the car and Protect My Car told me what they were offering. It was great and I accepted it. My daughter's transmission messed up and the car stopped driving. We got the car checked and it was handled. Everybody was great too. They told me what was covered under the warranty and that they were handling it. They also spoke with the people at MCO and the shop pretty much handled everything. I didn't have to do anything but pay my monthly fees. The warranty is working for me and I would highly recommend it.

Protect My Car response

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

We got ProtectMyCar several years ago and they’ve covered what they said they’d cover although there have been other issues with the car that they didn’t all cover. If I didn’t like ProtectMyCar or if I was unhappy I would’ve canceled it but I haven’t had any trouble contacting ProtectMyCar in getting answers for myself. Volkswagen, however, called me once and said that they could not get a hold of anybody to talk to and they wanted to settle up. I gave them the number that I call and I never heard anything else about it so I guess ProtectMyCar got it covered. My experience with them has been good.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

My original warranty was running out so I started searching. I found ProtectMyCar and when they told me how much they were every month, I signed up. Everybody I've dealt with when I needed something or needed some answers have been right there to answer me. The experience has been awesome.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. It is very important to everyone here at Protect My Car that we provide the most professional service possible. We want to end each day knowing we have helped a lot of people with vehicles problems that could have ruined not just their day but their budget for months to come. It means a lot to get comments from our policyholders that let us know we are doing just that.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

I’m in Baltimore, Maryland and I brought my car from Dallas, Texas. In Texas they do not allow to give you warranty. So a couple of months after I got the Mercedes I went and bought a pickup truck for a business of mine and they offered me a good warranty there. I asked a bunch of questions and they told me everything I wanted to hear and got me on the plan.

Everything was a little bit fine but I just had a little bad experience at the beginning. They gave me a hard way to go about taking care of something. When I first ordered a vehicle part specifically asking them am I allowed to go to the dealership they said I could go wherever I want. But every time they called in my mechanic called me back saying they’d given him a hard way to go. I got a Mercedes so I was trying to keep the Mercedes parts on there. But there was a dude trying to price match. One time my mechanic called to say they found a part way cheaper and they just sent that. The part was fixed but I ended up just taking the cheap part just to get it over with and move on.

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate them very much.
We always make sure that the parts installed in our policyholders vehicles are the right parts for that vehicle. We warrant those parts for 12 months or twelve thousand miles.
Unfortunately, we have had experience with some shops that claim to install the manufacturers part and, instead, put in a less expensive alternative. The price they charge the customer would be for the original manufacturer's part. We are not saying your mechanic would do that at all. It is simply good practice to make sure the right parts are being used to repair our policyholders vehicles. If we did not, we would likely be paying for many more repairs due to inferior part breakdowns.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

Protect My Car was the only one that contacted me and they're a very fine company. Lately, a lot of other companies are contacting me but I already have Protect My Car and I've been with them for three years now. Everything they have gone by me. They tell me what they will do and they have done it.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: July 26, 2017

I had a bad experience with Protect My Car. When I bought my car, the title was clean. One day, the motor blew up on me. I called Protect My Car to see if they can fix it for me and then they went on cold fact. They said that they caught the car into an accident five years ago. The problem wasn’t covered because the car had been in an accident. But when I first got this thing, they didn’t tell me anything about the accident. Now, when I needed them I felt like they turned their back on me, which means there's no reason for me to keep having Protect My Car. I don’t have a car right now. I will tell my friends that if they get into an accident, they can’t get any of the warranty from Protect My Car. But I have one of my friends whose transmission flared up and Protect My Car fixed it.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We are happy to respond to your concerns. Certain vehicles do not qualify for coverage, not just with our company but any company in this industry. Vehicles with salvage or branded titles simply do not qualify for coverage. That is why we ask whether a vehicle has a branded or salvage title before issuing a policy.
Your vehicle was totaled in an accident before you purchased this coverage. It had a salvage title. We would not have issued the policy had you let us know about that fact when we asked you about the title.

Once that fact was discovered, we did the right thing. We did pay for the repair and then cancelled the policy. We are sure you can understand our reasons for doing so.

Original review: July 20, 2017

Protect My Car's representative explained everything to the T. But I was familiar with warranty companies and most of them cover most of the same things and my consideration was more of what's coming out of my pocket versus what they're covering. I've used the warranty once and it went very smoothly. The dealer called them and the authorization was right then and there. So it's good and it's what I like.

I have the warranty on both my vehicles. The only problem I had was on my truck. I had paid for an oil change and I get free oil changes on one of them. And so, I've tried to get the money back and I never did. And that was last year. That wasn't a deal breaker because that particular warranty on my truck is like a percentage warranty. The only good thing about it and the only reason why I kept it is because of the free oil changes. I got a Land Rover and it takes eight and a half quarts of oil. And then that's synthetic and it's $140 oil change. I recommended Protect My Car to two friends and they bought warranties, too.

Protect My Car response
As we explained to you, we are happy to reimburse fo the oil change on the truck. We just need you to send the paid receipt to us. We will be in touch to make sure this is taken care of for you.

Thank you once again for your comments. Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is any thing else we can do for you.

Original review: July 19, 2017

I've been with ProtectMyCar for several years now. They seemed to be offering the things that I needed at an affordable price and I've been keeping my policy up. I'm satisfied with what they had offered on the paper as to what I need for my vehicle. It was 40,000 when I got it. I also have my daughter with them so that's two members of my family with ProtectMyCar. I will recommend them to someone else. I have been enforced by other companies and I have not changed from ProtectMyCar.

Protect My Car response
Thank you very much for being a long time policyholder and for the referrals you have provided.

Original review: July 12, 2017

I was getting ready to be in need of a warranty and one of my friends told me ProtectMyCar. I called them and it's so affordable, but they cover a lot. My tire busted and I had a flat tire a couple of times. They came and took care of that but then, I need some stuff done to my engine. They brought the money and paid it off.

Protect My Car response
Great point, too. You never really know when a breakdown, or even a blown tire will happen. It just makes sense to protect yourself before it does.

Original review: July 12, 2017

I inherited my parents’ car when they passed away. I transferred Protect My Car warranty over to my name and I haven’t had any problems in the dealings that I have with them so far.

Protect My Car response

Original review: June 28, 2017

ProtectMyCar and the dealer for my vehicle didn’t see eye-to-eye. So, it took a long time to hash things out to get an approval to fix my car. I had a rental for a month and a half and they billed ProtectMyCar. But I couldn’t get a rental car until ProtectMyCar agreed to do the work. So, I went without a car for a week and a half. The engine chain needed to be replaced and mine went bad on me. ProtectMyCar said it’s a factory recall and my dealer felt like it’s not their issue. So, they only approved 85% of the bill and I had to pay the rest out-of-pocket. So, overall, if you are looking for an aftermarket warranty, ProtectMyCar is all right. They’re not bad, but they’re not the best either.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We are happy to respond. On the repair to the timing chain your shop provided an estimate that only the oil jet needed to be replaced. Having seen this issue on other vehicles and having reviewed the factory repair advisories on your vehicle we did not want to accept that estimate so we had an independant inspection done. The inspection showed that many other components were at fault and needed repair and/or replacement. Had we not insisted on a more thorough inspection, your repair would not have been completed correctly.
Also, there was no factory recall on the repair. There was a repair advisory issued by the manufacturer that we were aware of. The shop, though, as you said chose not to deal with it.
We are very glad the policy covered the cost of the correct repairs needed to be done to your vehicle.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: June 23, 2017

I have used ProtectMyCar before and had good luck with them and without any problems. I just used them recently and it worked out very well. They covered things that we expected they would cover and they've covered me when I needed them. I will tell my friends or family member to give them a call. They'll give a price over the phone and there's no inspection or anything involved.

Protect My Car response
We cannot thank you enough for the great comments. It really means a lot to us all to know our efforts are really helping give our policyholders good peace of mind. We do work very hard to make sure the policy is affordable, and that policyholders get the kind of help they need when they need help.

Thank you again for your very encouraging comments. Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is anything we can do for you.

Original review: June 17, 2017

Whenever I need ProtectMyCar, it’s good and there is no hesitation. I don’t have any problem. My uncle-in-law and sister-in-law have been with them for a while. I picked her up and asked how she got her car fixed. She told me and gave me the number. I said, “Lord, I ain’t got nothing but insurance." This sure will help when you least expect. It only has $100 deductible and it still beats when you get surprised. Although it’s sometimes hard to get up, it’s convenient. I got my car fixed last year. I told them what needed to be done, sent it over and they paid the mechanic before I picked it up. I would recommend it to anybody.

Protect My Car response
Thanks for those comments. We appreciate your taking your time to provide them. You are right, too. When that first big expensive repair happens and Protect My Car takes care of it for you, that is when you know you made a wise choice to protect yourself and your budget.

Thank you again for those very encouraging comments.

Original review: June 15, 2017

I looked on the internet and liked ProtectMyCar's prices. The person I talked to was very nice and sweet. He was very polite and he got my attention. ProtectMyCar was very affordable and it was cheaper from anybody else. It was great.

Protect My Car response

Original review: June 11, 2017

Protect My Car is fine. Whenever my car breaks down, I just take it to the shop and see what happens. I would recommend others to get an extended warranty so when there's a little issue or problem, Protect My Car will take care of it.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: June 6, 2017

I have had a ProtectMyCar.com warranty on my car four years ago. Something happened to my car and it was covered. The next time I had to use the warranty again, I had called in because the garage said they didn't know it would be covered. I called in and the guy I spoke to said, "Oh, that's not covered." But I was told everything was covered from bumper-to-bumper but he said, "But that part is not." So I had to pay out of my pocket. Everything that I tried to get fixed wasn't covered.

The next thing I had to call in was for some kind of switch in the dashboard. But it was a thousand dollars to take the car apart, which I didn't have, to find out if the part was covered or not. If that part was covered, it'll be okay but if not, it wouldn't be covered. I decided to not to get it fixed. But then the car behind mine was hit and pushed it in the trunk of my car, which totaled my car. I had to go buy a new car.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We wre sorry to learn that your car was totaled but we are glad that you were not hurt.
So you will know, we never tell anyone that any policy is "Bumper to Bumper". There is no such thing in this industry. Wear and tear items, and maitenance items are almost always excluded, as are catalytic converters, such as you had to replace.
You have no doubt reviewed the policy and have seen that the policy lists each and every covered component. We make it very clear what components are covered and which are not. The reason for this is simple. We want you to know right up front and in writing exactly what is covered with no hidden or confusing terms. Some components are not covered and for a very good reason. If we covered every single component of your vehicle, the cost of the policy could easily be three or four times what you are paying for it. Most people would be unable to afford such coverage. We cover the components that are most likely to break down and for the most part are the costliest to repair.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: June 2, 2017

I called three or four auto warranty providers and ProtectMyCar was the cheapest option to go with. I had a little bit of trouble from the beginning. When we were talking in the beginning, I offered to take my car to somewhere that I could get it checked out to make sure it qualified for all aspects of what I was getting. They said I’d have to have a factory stock and so I haven’t done anything to it. I bought it off of a Ford dealership and when the transmission went, they caused a bunch of havoc. What made me mad about that is, I understand there are rules but they don’t even cover that. That doesn’t affect the way the motor runs and it doesn’t affect anything about the car other than it gets a little bit more air into it.

If I would wanna go get rims and tires or if I wanted to be able to put another grill in, I couldn’t do those because it’s gotta be all factory stock. I was wondering why they are talking to me about cosmetics stuff when they are there to fix my motor and transmission if it goes wrong, not fixing my grill and my tires if something goes wrong. The only thing that I had against them was that they put a lot of rules on everything and I understand where they’re going with it, but I was thinking they were saying factory stock on the stuff they cover. I would agree with that but they made it to where that the person can’t even do anything to their car because of the fact that they don’t wanna go or can’t fill out the warranty that they have.

Another problem was that it took forever and I had to get a rental car. Town & Country Ford had my transmission out and done in like a day. They said the transmission’s gone and the guy said they’re gonna leave it out because as soon as the other part gets there, they can go ahead and dump it right in. They said it was Thursday when they finally approved it and they were gonna order it that day. They were gonna get it on Friday morning or afternoon and they’d either have it done Friday evening or Saturday morning because they wanted to go research.

ProtectMyCar found the part and I don’t even know if it’s an actual Ford transmission in my car right now because I don’t know where it came from. They bought it and sent it to Town & Country for them to put it in. I don’t know if it was a brand new transmission like it’s supposed to be or not and if it was used and neither did Town & Country. I think that if they're gonna be a warranty company, let the shop get the part that way the person knows exactly where it came from and that it’s brand new. It took like a week longer and it ended up that the $200 that they saved on the transmission was spent on the rental car for me. If you only shed $200, you spent more than what you saved because it’s $50 a day.

Certain people are helpful and other people are by the book and only by the book. I’m not trying to be mean but no company can be like that. There are no absolutes in any company. They’re more of guidelines and I understand about the factory stock but in my eyes, if they don’t cover that item, that’s like me telling them they can’t do this to their house because they got their insurance through me. But they still owe me but they can’t update their windows because it’s gotta be original windows that were in there at the beginning of the time. That sounds ludicrous and ridiculous to me. But if I’m thinking about switching my engine out to a bigger engine, I can understand that. I can’t do that because at the end they’re gonna end up having to pay for it if it goes out.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We are happy to respond to give you a better understanding of the coverage available to you.
Most people do not modify their vehicles. Their coverage, like the policy you have, is best suited for thier situation. Despite what you may believe or have heard, drilling holes to let more air in, over-sized tires and rims, and other such modifications, do affect engine and transmission performance. These modifications can lead to more frequent and costlier repairs.
Many people, as you apparaently do, have or intend to modify their vehicles. We have developed policies for just those vehicles that not only help with repair costs but maintenance costs as well. The reason we ask about modifications is to make sure we can offer the right coverage for you and your vehicle.
Do not hesitate to modify your vehicle. Just know that with your current policy, not all repairs will be covered as a result of the modifications. Now that we know about the modifications you have made and plan to make, we can explain coverage that may be better suited to your needs than the policy you have now. We will be in touch to discuss these options.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: May 31, 2017

I heard about Protect My Car through the dealership and I don't have any problems with them.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments.

Thanks once again for your comments. Remember the best part, too. We are here to help when the need arises.

Original review: May 25, 2017

Originally I had called AAA because I'm not from Sacramento so I didn't know where to go and I asked them for an authorized shop. And they sent me to a shop but it wasn't one that could do the work. So they recommended AAMCO and then I called Protect My Car. I told them that the car needed to be taken to AAMCO because the shop recommended doesn't do the work and that I'm at work so I can't meet them there. They said it was no problem and they took care of my information over the phone. Then I called the other shop and they allowed Protect My Car to pick the car up. Protect My Car towed it to where it was going and took care of it. So it was very easy.

Protect My Car response
Thank you very much for those comments. We have shared your comments with our various departments to let them know how their hard work really pays off.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: May 21, 2017

I got ProtectMyCar when I first purchased my auto and it was done automatically through my dealership. I thought that the policy would protect everything I have on my car but the policy is useless. I've had it for about several years and there was nothing that the policy can do for me. It was null and void and doesn't cover anything serious. Any of the options that they give me, like the powertrain, it's on the policy but there's nothing under that policy that would have checked my car if it happened to break down or if I had issues with it. I've had to have a major malfunction before their policy would cover anything so it's worthless to me. I'm going to reach out to them and see if I can get a better deal on the policy or they can just reimburse me for the money that I gave them because I'm wasting money.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We regret that you feel the policy is not helping you as much as you would prefer. It is important to remember that this is a mechanical break down policy. That means that wear and tear items, like tires, seals, gasket and batteries would not be covered. Those items wear out as they are intended to do. You have plenty of warning that it is time to replace worn out items.
Mechanical breakdowns give you little or no warning. That is what this protection is all about. When your Starter broke down, the coverage saved you $568 on that one repair alone. For a very small monthly premium you are protecting yourself against these repairs.
Look at it this way, without the coverage you have to pay for wear and tear repairs and unexpected breakdowns. For a small premium, you are protected against the unexpected breakdown, towing costs and rental car expenses.

Thanks again for your comments and for being a valued customer.

Original review: May 14, 2017

I wasn’t sure if my warranty was getting ready to go out so I thought to just get one at that time and went with Protect My Car. They were right on the things they said they would cover. I recommended Protect My Car to my son.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. It really means a lot to us all to know our efforts are really helping give our policy holders good peace of mind. We are glad we were able to make the premiums comfortable on your budget and help so much in getting the repair completed. Rest assured we will be here for you when you need us again.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: May 13, 2017

I have Protect My Car since 2006 and everything is going well but I haven't had to use it. I'm hoping that if I ever did, Protect My Car would do what it says it'll do. Though I feel that if I needed it, they would help me.

Protect My Car response

Original review: May 11, 2017

It has been good since I had Protect My Car. I used it to help with my car and then again for an oil change. At first the shop didn't know what Protect My Car was, but after Protect My Car called them, they figured that out.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for taking time to provide your comments. We appreciate that very much. We are very pleased to have helped you with the recent service to your vehicle and we look forward to helping you in the future when you need help.
Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: May 7, 2017

My husband had warranty with ProtectMyCar. He then gave me information about it and then I got one for myself too. At first, I didn’t really like how they were helping me with the transmission. I had to get a new transmission for my car and I thought that they would just grab one. But there were a lot of problems with it and I don’t know if it was the dealership or them. But they ended up getting all the parts. I have my car now and it runs really good.

Protect My Car response

Original review: May 2, 2017

I've been with ProtectMyCar for over a year. When my transmission went out I had to go through hell just to get a transmission. It was like pulling teeth. And when I finally did get it, it was a used one. I had to take my truck back and forth to the dealer four times because ProtectMyCar.com kept giving the dealer a runaround as far as covering the parts. And the only thing they covered was the transmission. They didn't pay for seals or anything like that, which is a bunch of BS. I had to pay off the rental out of my pocket which was another $200 or $300, which I shouldn't have had to pay. I'm still with them but I'm not happy with them. It was a horrible experience.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments and for being a valued policyholder. We do regret that the supplier took longer than is usual to find a replacement transmission. The age and mileage of your vehicle meant we had to be very careful to find the right transmission . We were glad to have done so and to have saved you over $2,600 on this one repair.
We are also happy to help with the rental car cost. As we indicated to you on several occasions, we need you to provide the rental receipt so we can take care of this as well. We will be in touch with you once again to get this matter resolved.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: April 25, 2017

My mother had transferred her car over to me and she told me that she had ProtectMyCar on it. They were able to get everything transferred over without any problems. Everything’s working out as it should so I have no problems with the company.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: April 21, 2017

ProtectMyCar seemed to be good, but it's hard to ask all the questions. I got DriveLine, which I wasn't happy with. It also doesn't make sense to me that they don't cover the bearing on the axle as far as DriveLine. The mechanic told me to double-check it because they told him I wasn't covered, and they covered it. I also had problems with them that they didn't want to cover. The first thing was the transmission. I ended up calling the attorney general's office because they didn’t want to cover it. I guess they talked to him and they called me back and said they would cover it. But the reason they gave me is it was a pre-existing condition. However, when I drove the car, it started getting worse. I thought it was an axle making the noise, but they said it was the transmission.

They also didn’t want to cover the axle because they said the boot was torn and throwing grease. So, I said, "Let me call them at the shop because I looked at it just earlier. I had it jacked up. I didn't see any oil." I was told, "No, the mechanic said the boot was cracked." And the girl in the office explained it as torn and she grease coming out. It’s busted but they won't cover it if that happens. I said, "I looked at the axles. The boots are okay. They all cracked. But there was no grease coming out." They straightened it out and fixed that.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We are very glad to have helped you with the repairs to your transmission, axel and bearings. The only reason there was a question about the claims was that the repair estimate provided by the shop was not accurate and created doubt as to whether the claim could be addressed under the policy. Further review allowed us to proceed with the claim and get things handled properly.
We apologize for the extra time it took but rather than simply denying the claim we took the extra time to get the repair handled and save you a considerable amount on the repair.
Thank you again for continuing to be a preferred policyhiolder. Please let us know if you have any questons.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: April 11, 2017

I had two cars when I signed up with ProtectMyCar. With my Mercedes, I knew that whenever I needed things fixed on it, it was going to be very expensive. From a previous experience, the Buick parts were expensive as well. So, I thought that a warranty would cushion it a little bit. However, everything so far has not been covered no matter how expensive it is. There was one time when they said they will pay half of the deal. They paid about $450, but it took almost a week if not more for them to come out.

When I've called them for about four different situations, they were courteous with my time as far as they took their own time to get out. The only reason I never complained about how long it took them to come out is I have another car. And they finally said they don't cover this and that. So I thought what was my whole purpose of having them in the first place? When I got the warranty, I was told they're gonna do this and that. I had some peace of mind in that. But here I am with a $1000 part almost that is not covered. I've talked to them, but at the end of the day, I'm not a mechanic and don't really know anything about cars. And finally when the car got fixed, I thought that I was supposed to get a rental car. But I didn't get one and nobody asked me. So, I don't trust ProtectMyCar. If I can give them a zero and get my money back, I would definitely do that.

Protect My Car response
Thanks you for your comments. We regret that you were disappointed with the help the policy provided on your repairs. The policy covers the cost of repair of all of the components listed in your policy. Your headlight assemby and seals are not covered components and were not covered. The rest of the repair was covered under the policy.
The purpose of the policy is to pay the cost of covered repairs less the deductible. No policy, no matter who issues it, will cover 100% of a vehicle.
As your vehicle ages and more miles are added it will be more and more likely that future repairs will be required. As comprehensive as the policy is, it is far more likely that future repairs will be to covered components. When that occurs and we are able to help you with those repairs, you will be very glad you had the foresight to protect yourself with this coverage.

Again, thank you for your comments.

Original review: March 27, 2017

I had a rough first experience with ProtectMyCar. I hadn’t had my policy very long and my transition went out on my car which I didn’t expect because it was just put in in 2013. I called them and turned my car in and then they sent somebody to the place where I was gonna fix that. At first, they turned it down because my tires weren’t the correct size on there which I did not know. I had to call and the lady I was dealing with fought for me to be able to get it done, but it’s taken them a month and a half to get it figured out. But since then, I've gotten new tires and I went back to the original tires in case something else goes wrong.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate them very much. We re glad we were able to work out the repir on our transmission with you and the shop and the the policy was able to save you so much money on the repair.

Thank you once again for your comments. Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is anything else we can do for you.

Original review: March 20, 2017

ProtectMyCar chose to cover me. I’ve been with them for a while and I don’t have any issues with them.

Protect My Car response
Thank you very much for your comment. It is nice to know that when you do have a problem with your vehicle that with one phone call you can get towed in, activate rental car benefits and get fast, efficient claims service. That’s what we call good peace of mind.

Thanks again for your comment. We appreciate it very much.

Original review: March 3, 2017

My experience with ProtectMyCar has been going okay so far. They’ve been generous and they got the work done on my car. I had to put a transmission in it right after I purchased it. They covered it but it took a while for them to get the parts in. When I took it to a transmission person, he was going to put some parts in it but ProtectMyCar said they couldn't do that and that they had to buy their own parts and put their own oil in it, which they did and it’s running fine now. However, I had to go into a big expense to have it put in. They covered all of it but I had to pay my portion of it.

ProtectMyCar was the only one that notified me at the time and it’s just by the goodness of God that I got it. Because right after that, this happened on my vehicle. I would have been out of a vehicle and I love the vehicle. And then after that, we had hail damage done out here and my car was hit hard. So I just paid it off. If it wouldn’t have been for the transmission, I would have probably got another vehicle. I wish though that I wouldn’t have to wait so long, because I was out of a vehicle for over a month. So I had to depend on my son, to have him let me borrow his car on weekends, because that was the only time I could get anything done.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for taking time to provide comments on your experience with Protect My Car.Com. Those were very kind words and we appreciate them very much. We do work hard to make sure your experience with Protect my Car is a positive one and that the whole process, from choosing the right coverage, to making sure it is comfortable on your budget, to fast and efficient claims service, towing and rental car benefits, gives you great peace of mind.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

I had a pretty good experience with ProtectMyCar up until now. My first incident I had was when my radiator went out. It was $700 and all I had to pay was $100 deductible and they covered it. Now my car has been in the shop because my camshaft went out. It was a used vehicle when I bought it and took the warranty with it. They take out $87 out of my checking account every month and it’s a covered part in the books. They said they're waiting on the information but when I faxed it to them they said they weren’t open, so I had to resend it. There’s supposed to be some other gesture to look at the vehicle before they cover the damage that’s done to my car. Then they asked have I been keeping up on my oil changes, and I said yes and faxed them the information.

The dealership called me today saying that they’re supposed to be sending somebody out to look at my car. The dealership said, “Well, your motor on the inside look like it’s clean to me. Looks like you’ve been keeping it. But your oil changes are up.” I said, “I know because I’ve got my engine flushed this summer.” ProtectMyCar had me drive to where I get my oil changes at. They should have okayed it. So right now, I wouldn’t recommend them.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

My air conditioner went out and they told me the air lines had broken. They covered the compressor, but they didn't cover the lines which cost $2,000. So, now I'm riding around with a new compressor and no air conditioner. They don't always pay for the whole thing.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2017

I have been using ProtectMyCar for about a year now and it's fine. At first the rates were high but now the rates are low and they’re very affordable. They cover everything, too, and their reps are pretty good. I have recommended people to them.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments on your experience with Protect My Car.Com. We appreciate them very much. We take pride in exercising good judgment by doing the right thing, not just doing things right.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

ProtectMyCar called me and though the rep who I dealt with was persistent, I thought they were good. However, it ended up costing me a whole lot more and I thought it covered more than it actually did.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

There have been some times when there has been something that I thought ProtectMyCar should have covered but they didn’t. But for the most part, my experience has been okay because some of the stuff that has been wrong with the car that I thought that they would cover was directly affected by or has something to do with dislaunching that was going on, causing the car not to be at 100% at the time.

Thank you so very much for your comments.
Our primary goal is to give every policy holder good peace of mind. Great rates, towing, rental car benefits, fast claims processing and the personal touch are just some of the ways we help provide good peace of mind. Although not all components are covered on all policies, the policy really does help protect your budget and costs.

Thanks once again for your comments. Remember the best part, too. We are still here to help again when the need arises.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Dec. 23, 2016

I had a really bad experience with Protect My Car. Initially, they gave the best pitch and said I'm 100% covered but never told me about a quarter or 50% that they would shoulder. When I tried to get my tranny fixed, they were only giving me 25%. I got a good car that lasts and I paid for years faithfully. I wanted them to go back to the original phone call where they said I was fully covered but they never did. So after I got my car fixed, it was in there for a month because they didn't give them a check. I wanted to pay my part to the people directly but they wouldn't let me. The guy was willing to take my part of it and give me the car but Protect My Car said I couldn't do it and I have to give them the money, and then they would give it to him. They never gave it to him and it took another month. Not only did it take me forever, they didn't pay at all. Overall, it was a horrible experience. I'm not really happy with them and I'm not with them anymore.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2016

I got ProtectMyCar from the dealership where I bought my Cadillac from. They had a pamphlet right there so I grabbed it and looked it up. I pay them and hopefully, when something breaks down on my vehicle, they'll pay for it. I have recommended ProtectMyCar to my friends.

Thank you so very much for your comments.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2016

ProtectMyCar found out there was wrong with my car. I've only had an oil change done and it's running well. At the time when I got it, it was okay. Then I called and told them that I wanted to drop it because I couldn't afford. The guy talked me to hang on to it for a little while longer which was gonna cost $39.99 a month and it's not; it's $44. I'm bidding like here and there so I had a little bit of problems with money right now. I'm not gonna be able to get my car fixed and if it breaks down again, I'm gonna have to get rid of it because I can't afford. But it was a very good experience with ProtectMyCar.

Protect My Car response
Thank you very much for your kind comments. We make it our mission in life to provide great service and needed help to all policy holders. We know these policies help those on a tight budget the most. Car repairs are always unexpected and can really hurt an already stretched budget. The whole purpose of the policy is to make it that much easier on you when those unexpected problems arise.
Helping you manage your premiums as well as the high cost of repairs is what we are all about

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

Louis called me about ProtectMyCar. At the beginning, we didn’t know how the policy works, but at the end of the day, the whole policy was a little explained to me. And whatever option they gave to me it made sense.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

I was at U.S. Steel and one of the guys I dealt with was telling me that he has purchased a warranty from ProtectMyCar. I told him I was also going to get my wife one for her car so I went online and checked it out. I had it for about a year and a half and had another until I had another problem with the car. It took them so long to fix the transmission. Then, the one they got was bad and my car stayed in the shop for about three months. But they were there and they took care of everything.

Protect My Car response
Thank you very much for your comments. We make it our mission in life to provide great service and needed help to all policy holders. We are very glad to have helped you with the repair to your transmission. In a very few instances the replacement parts and repairs performed by the shop need to be re-done. That's why we warrant those parts for 12 months or 12 thousand miles.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2016

I have to put my car in the shop for over two weeks. I have a little problem with the car rental and ProtectMyCar only covered me for 10 days. It's not my fault because the parts got delayed. I can't put my car off the shop because it always takes out everything. The company has to think about if the parts delay is not supposed to be client responsibility. When we put it in the shop, I asked to make sure when the inspector would come in, so I can drop the car in the shop. So, it won't take longer time for the car rental. If they want to cover two weeks I don't have problem with that. But if they have a limit to cover for the car rental then they need to be expedited within the time frame. Besides that, everything is positive.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate them and are happy to respond. Your policy actually provides for reimbursement of rental car costs up to $30 per day for up to seven days. Based on the delay caused by the shop, we extended that benefit to 10 days.
We know how frustrating car repairs can be. We are very glad we were able to save you almost $2,900 in repair costs and expenses on just this one repair. Best of all, of course, we will be here to help again when you need us.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

I had gotten an extended warranty and then when something was wrong, they gave me excuses like I can’t take it to a Cadillac dealer, I can't do this, I can't do that. So I purchased another warranty once that warranty was up. I went with ProtectMyCar because of the way they were talking and what the dealer said I have with them. A Cadillac is expensive to get fixed more than anything else and they were true with everything they said they were. ProtectmyCar has been honoring everything I had on my car or if something was wrong with it. I've been telling they're a very good warranty place to other coworkers on my job. I love them and I’ll always have them on board if they’re still around.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your wonderful comments. We have shared those comments with all our departments to let them know how much their efforts are helping our policyholders when they need that help.
Our goal is to give every policy holder good peace of mind. Great rates, towing, rental car benefits, fast claims processing and the personal touch are just some of the ways we help provide that.
Thanks once again for those great comments. Remember, we are still here to help again when the need arises.

Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2016

I was doing a job in the Northern part of New Jersey and saw "ProtectMyCar" come up on the caller ID. I just happened to answer it and that was the best thing I did. I didn't know what to expect. I'm astonished by how they treat their customer and how everything has gone well. I have no regrets that I answered the cellphone. I've been trying to pass the word to other people. It works for me and I'm very glad that I decided to go with them for the next four years. I'm very grateful that I did what I did and so is my vehicle. "She's" very happy. ProtectMyCar is really good.

Protect My Car response
Thanks once again for those great comments. Remember, we are here to help again when the need arises.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Nov. 18, 2016

ProtectMyCar didn't believe the Jeep dealer I came to so they had us go to another facility. It was a private company who they tried to convince that it didn't need any work and was not covered. The guy was very smart in diesel and had a big company. But, the guy on the phone told him something totally stupid because they tried to convince him that I didn't need a new motor and so they sent an old motor with 138,000 miles. I got his manager on the phone and he gave him a ration of ** about convincing him. Then the guy said that he'll get back to him but never called back. He, instead, sent an email that said fix it. I got it back in the shop again today, though I have another problem with it and I really can't tell from the booklet if it's covered or not. I'm sure they'll say that it's not. They try too hard to get out of things.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2016

When I first had my car put in Pep Boys, there were a lot of missed calls between them and ProtectMyCar. And when waiting on part numbers, they listed another one, so a job that should have taken a day actually took three days. But everything else has been okay. They were pretty good in the customer loyalty department because I thought I heard something that I actually didn't and I was really stuck on it, and they let me hear my recording. They're nice, courteous, and polite.

Protect My Car response

Original review: Nov. 5, 2016

I had an auto warranty before that wasn't very good. They never covered anything when I went to the dealer. I wouldn't have another protection plan because I didn't like them but a rep from ProtectMyCar called me and talked me into it. I have ProtectMyCar right now and I'm perfectly happy with it. I just got to the dealer to get my thing fixed and ProtectMyCar paid everything but the first $100.

Protect My Car response
We cannot thank you enough for the great comments. It really means a lot to us all to know our efforts are really helping give our policy holders good peace of mind.
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate them very much.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2016

The price of the auto warranty was within reason and I'm pleased they helped me to pay for various expensive parts. However, they were supposed to reimburse me for the rental car and they haven't yet. Enterprise already faxed them all the information and I was there where they faxed it but the ProtectMyCar rep said they haven't gotten anything.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for taking time to provide your comments. We appreciate that very much. We are very pleased to have helped you with the recent repair and we look forward to helping you in the future when you need help.
We show the reimbursement went out to you and you should have received it by now. We will check to make sure your have received it.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2016

I have been ProtectMyCar’s client for a couple of months and it's nice to be with them. My car broke down a couple of weeks after signing up with them, and they went looking for a cheaper shop where I could have my car fixed. I found one and they agreed with it. I paid half of the bill and they paid the other half. Everything was okay. Also, they paid the first time I had an oil change. The mechanic told me to do the oil change every 5,000 miles, and I will use again ProtectMyCar's benefit for that.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for taking time to provide comments on your experience with Protect My Car.Com. Those were very kind words and we appreciate them very much. We take pride in exercising good judgment by doing the right thing, not just doing things right.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Oct. 23, 2016

I told ProtectMyCar about my custom rims. I didn't know their exact size but I told their guy what the dealer had given me. He accepted it, but there was a commotion as I had to be switched to another program that cost over $1,000. They were only willing to cover a 5A because it was an empty rim. They needed to honor their word and I had to get a lawyer involved. I’m more convinced of switching over. I paid more and on top of that, all of it wasn’t credible.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2016

I had to have ProtectMyCar because it sounded good - from the information they supplied up to when I called them and spoke to a guy who made it sound even better. However, when I first used them it was complicated and confusing because we can't get a hold of anybody in their office. Because of that, my auto mechanic became worried and skeptical instead of trusting the process. I did worry, too, since I paid upfront and I was also struggling with always getting someone different to talk to. But it worked out and the outcome was good. I'm satisfied and I would still recommend ProtectMyCar.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for those comments. We appreciate them very much.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2016

My check engine was blinking up last week and I went to ProtectMyCar to try to get it fixed a couple of days ago. But they said that they don't cover the oil pressure switch and that's going to cost me $500 to fix. Other than the oil pressure switch, they did fix the axle for the car one time. That was no problem. They checked out the car and switched out the axle.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We are happy to respond to your concerns.
Some components are not covered and for a very good reason. If we covered every single component of your vehicle, the cost of the policy could easily be three or four times what you are paying for it. Most people would be unable to afford such coverage. We cover the components that are most likely to break down and for the most part are the costliest to repair, as your experience proves.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2016

My car was good, so at that particular moment, I spoke with ProtectMyCar about the extended warranty. Before I purchased, I was waiting until I was ready and then when I was ready, they called me and we did it. Overall, ProtectMyCar was good, but the only problem is that my transmission broke about a year and a half ago. They sent a transmission that was damaged, so we had to wait another five to seven days, so they can send me a second one to the garage, so they can fix it up. I'm happy about that, but sending another transmission took about more days and they sent a transmission without testing it and that's my concern. Nevertheless, I will definitely recommend ProtectMyCar.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for taking time to provide comments on your experience with Protect My Car.Com. We appreciate them very much. We take pride in exercising good judgment by doing the right thing, not just doing things right. We do apologized that the supplier provided a defective transmission and we were very glad to get that corrected immediately.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Sept. 30, 2016

ProtectMyCar.com didn’t cover the last incident I had and I didn’t like it. I really was upset with them because they never actually really did anything to help me.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Sept. 29, 2016

The dealership was turned down when I did have problems, so I've only used ProtectMyCar one time and I had to pay 740 bucks. What it cost me was expensive. Overall, I'm not happy but I'm not dissatisfied. If it's not an internal problem with the engine, I'm sure ProtectMyCar would've taken care of it. But it was always electronics so that’s the problem.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2016

I went with ProtectMyCar since there was something they said in their ad that caught my attention. I was also looking at a couple other companies, but ProtectMyCar definitely delivered to my satisfaction. The engine in my car went out and they assisted me in getting a good engine, so I’m satisfied. They did a great job.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We have shared those comments with all our departments to let them know how much their efforts are helping our policyholders.
Our goal is to give every policy holder good peace of mind. Great rates, towing, rental car benefits, fast claims processing and the personal touch are just some of the ways we help.

Thanks again for those great comments. Remember, we are still here to help again when the need arises.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2016

ProtectMyCar takes care of everything for me. They covered everything except for one problem. But they've been good so far, so I recommend them.

Protect My Car response
Thank you very much for providing your comments on your experience with Protect My Car. Com. Providing our policy holders with good peace of mind is our most important goal. We are glad we were able to give the help you needed with your repairs and we stand ready to do so again when the need arises.

As always, if you have any questions, please so not hesitate to let us know. Thank you again for your very encouraging comments.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Sept. 15, 2016

ProtectMyCar sells this really expensive plan but it doesn't cover anything that goes wrong with the car. I already bought an extended warranty for my car when I first got it which covers the drivetrain. ProtectMyCar said their warranty will cover so much more but it really doesn't. The ignition coils of my car went bad so my convertible top got stuck in my trunk. At first, ProtectMyCar said it was covered since it's an electrical issue. But since it was a sensor that went bad, they said it's not covered but rather consumable. They did replace the water pump, which was cool, but that's it.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2016

I was looking for extended warranty plans and researched online, and the companies seemed almost the same to me, however, I saw that ProtectMyCar had a listing of the dealerships in my area that would take it, so I went with them. I’m very happy with ProtectMyCar. They’ve been great. I was having a problem with the car, and the people at Firestone found another problem with the rack and pinion steering, and ProtectMyCar paid to have that fixed along with the other problem. They covered everything I’ve taken the car in for.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We are very pleased to know how much our efforts are helping our policyholders when they need that help.

Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2016

ProtectMyCar seems easy to deal with, they're great so far, and have done what they said they were gonna do. The dealer told me about them.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Sept. 4, 2016

I started out with another company and, I guess, they were sold and became Protect My Car. It was my first idea that things weren't going to work out. I've had them for a couple of years and I didn't find that they paid out very much. I had a pretty expensive part that had to be replaced that's why I bought the program because I knew that the catalytic converter is going to be coming up at some point in time and I could only get it from the dealer. I put Protect My Car on the phone with the Mazda dealership and they were the ones that haggled it out. But in the final analysis, when Protect My Car called me, they told me that the warranty could only cover a certain portion, which was not very much. They only gave a little bit of a discount. So, my experience was not great.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2016

My warranty on the car had expired and I was looking around for another one to cover it. The reps at ProtectMyCar were upfront and courteous, and so I ended up going with them. The real negative is the lag time. If my car breaks, the guy can't fix my car till that company finds their parts and has them shipped. The one time I had to use it, it was three more days in the shop waiting for the part to show up when it was right down the street. Other than that, oil changes are great.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2016

I’ve been with ProtectMyCar for a very long time, and have had one bad experience with them. When the dealership worked on my vehicle, the communication between them and ProtectMyCar took a little longer. I ended up renting a vehicle for two and a half weeks. The dealership was always waiting for information from ProtectMyCar, which, in turn, made me spend twice as much as what they allow for the rental. I got reimbursed for $210 but I’m still out $300 and that irritated me because I was hurting for that money. I've already mentioned to them the issue with the length of time it was taking several times. But other than that, my experience with them has been good.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate them very much. It is true that the nature of some repairs requires additional time to complete the repair.A review of your claim shows that the approval did come very quickly once the required paperwork from the repair facility was finally received. In any event, we do apologize the repair took longer than you expected. We are also glad we were able to provide you with the full benefits the policy allows for your rental.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2016

I found out about ProtectMyCar through the internet. I called four places and they were the lowest one that I got, so I went with them.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. It really means a lot to us all to know our efforts are really helping give our policy holders good peace of mind. We are pleased that we could structure the cost of your coverage to suit your budget. That is just one more way we don't just do things right, but do the right thing for each policyholder.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2016

My mechanic wasn’t always very happy. He took care of everything but the last time I had some work done, ProtectMyCar was blaming him that he had done something to the car. They weren't going to cover the gasket on the electronic part that he had pulled out of the transmission, and it cost me $2,000. It was a Cadillac and I knew things were expensive to fix. It only had less than 100,000 miles on it. I sold the car and I told the person that bought the car about the warranty and she said "No" straight up. She's in the car business and she said ProtectMyCar doesn't cover anything and it's not worth it. I broke even on the warranty, but it didn’t save me anything from that big transmission gasket that needed to be replaced. All in all, I wasn't satisfied with my experience with ProtectMyCar and I wouldn't recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2016

It's been very good with ProtectMyCar. When we needed the air conditioner fixed, they helped me out with it.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Aug. 29, 2016

ProtectMyCar is the worst company I’ve ever dealt with. The first time I used it was just this last month. They made the shop put a rebuilt radiator in there and that radiator lasted two days. And then at the same time, they also had put a rebuilt AC compressor that also lasted two days. And then the other day, my water pump had worn out. I didn’t want to deal with them, so I just paid for it myself because I didn’t want a piece of junk. I want genuine Ford parts. If people want to pay a lot of money to get junky, rebuilt parts on their car, they should go with ProtectMyCar.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2016

Protect My Car has always been decent with me. For a while, I didn't receive my bills on time and it was delayed a couple of times but then they sent me the bill. It comes on time now. So far, I haven't had the need to use the warranty.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Aug. 17, 2016

My previous factory warranty was about to expire, and ProtectMyCar was the first one to reach out to me, so I decided to go ahead with them. I went to a shop for an issue with my car, and my warranty with them says it covers one of the issues that my car has, but technically for how it's supposed to be established in the warranty, they get in complying to fix it. Then they tell me it has a problem, but that I had to go to another shop and request for another diagnostic to be more precise on what the issue is, which is inconvenient because I am working and every time I get out, it's late. That was the only time I had time to do it. It's supposed to be a bit easier because I already have spent quite a lot of money with them, and I'm not very happy with that. Besides that, three years with the warranty, I only have used it once and there was no problem at all.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2016

ProtectMyCar is affordable. However I don't understand why they don't do brakes and I had to pay out of pocket.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We are happy to respond.
The policy covers you for unexpected break downs of covered components.The policy does not cover regular maintenance and wear and tear items such as brakes, tires, batteries and similar items. Those are things you can see coming and plan for. Having protection against unforeseeable break downs protects you when you need it most and keeps the cost of the coverage within the budget of the folks who need it most.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2016

I was shopping around for a new auto warranty provider when ProtectMyCar called me. I talked to someone and we went from there as they have better policies. They've started getting money out of my account every month and I hope they hold up on their end of the bargain when I need them.

Thank you so very much for your comments.

Thanks once again for your comments. Remember the best part, too. We are here to help again when the need arises.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2016

The warranty that the dealer tried to sell me with the car was hundreds of dollars and I had to pay $150 a month. I was able to get my car because my husband got his Social Security and we bought it with his back pay. I didn’t have money to pay that amount of money monthly to keep up the insurance. Protectmycar's rep talked to me and worked with me and got my thing down to $50. I thought that was really good and worked with it from there.

I personally haven’t had any problems with ProtectMyCar. I called them once because the car dealer had my car for a month, and they were saying that the warranty company was not doing what they need to do. So I called and asked them if they could look into it and let me know what was going on. Their rep put me on hold for a minute, got back on the phone and told me that he took care of it already. I like the fact that when I’ve had problems, ProtectMyCar backed up their word and kept their end of the bargain.

Protect My Car response

Original review: Aug. 4, 2016

I never thought about getting a car warranty but Precision called and gave me a deal so I took it. My experience with their filing process wasn’t good at first but I called them and told them about it. It’s been good since then. My dealer deals with them directly. ProtectMyCar okays whatever is supposed to be done and the dealer does the fix. One time, I was stuck. I called them and they came. But before they came, policemen had come and seen me and they took care of it. I went home and I didn’t wait for them anymore. There was another time when I was out in the street and got stuck. I called but they told me they’d be there in a certain amount of time but somebody came along and got me before they got there.

Protect My Car response

Original review: Aug. 1, 2016

The lady I spoke with at ProtectMyCar was very nice to me and explained everything. She took me from one stage to another, showed me the best way I should go and I went with what she was selling. However, I had a problem with my steering and they decided that they wouldn’t take care of it for me because it wasn’t a part of the agreement.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: July 16, 2016

The last time I tried to use ProtectMyCar, there was some kind of confusion. My insurance company called them and the way they took it was that ProtectMyCar was not as consistent as Precision, which was what I had before it was bought out. The way my warranty was set up, it was like a bumper-to-bumper, front-to-back deal and there were certain things they didn’t cover but most things they did. It was disheartening to me that something had changed and I wasn’t notified that something would be different. Before, my dealership would call in and Precision would respond, get a quote and tell them what they would do and were going to cover. Someone always called me back and talked to me personally. I liked the personal touch with it but I have not gotten that with ProtectMyCar yet.

Original review: July 10, 2016

So far, my experience with ProtectMyCar has been good. They've covered one issue with my car. It was very simple - I took my car to the dealer, the dealer called them to exchange information, and they processed it.

Protect My Car response

Original review: June 20, 2016

My experience with ProtectMyCar has been awesome. In fact, I’ve tried other companies and ProtectMyCar is efficient. The only thing is that they bought a water pump for $1,500, and they will not cover the nuts for $3. Other than that, it’s their company that I refer to anyone.

Protect My Car response

As always, if you have any questions, please so not hesitate to let us know. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: June 18, 2016

It's been great with ProtectMyCar. They came through when I needed them.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for taking time to provide comments on your experience with Protect My Car.Com. We take pride in exercising good judgment by doing the right thing, not just doing things right.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: June 17, 2016

I had another provider and they did not cover something that had happened to my vehicle, and when I spoke to the person from ProtectMyCar, he said that they would have covered it, so I went with them. I recently had a problem when a coolant pipe broke and drained the coolant out of my vehicle and it wouldn’t start. I called ProtectMyCar and told the rep that my vehicle broke down and that I wanted the garage that I deal with to come and pick the car up, and they made arrangements for that for me, which was good. In fact, that particular garage isn’t on their list but they made an exception for it. However, ProtectMyCar wouldn’t cover the problem.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: June 16, 2016

Things were a little complicated but once we finally got through, I was satisfied and was saving a little bit of money. My ProtectMyCar warranty says it covers all mechanical failures but then they say that it doesn’t cover specific things. If the mechanic says that it is technically a mechanical failure, they still won't cover it. And then I tried to get the old rotation because they said I'd get oil change and rotation, but they told me I couldn’t get it because I have to get my second oil changed. I already spoke to somebody about it and had cancelled altogether.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We regret that you did not feel the policy helped you enough. The policy has saved you more than twice your premiums already. As specified in the policy, we pay for three oil changes per year and two tire rotations after every OTHER oil change.

The policy helps with mechanical breakdowns, not maintenance such as tire replacement and tune-ups. The repairs you mentioned were normal maintenance and wear and tear replacements not covered under the policy.

Original review: June 15, 2016

I had two minor problems with the car and the insurance took care of the problem. However, I called them more than three months ago because I misplaced the card for the insurance and I never received the new card. Other than that, our experience with ProtectMyCar was good.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate them very much. We did send a replacement copy of the policy to you but since that apparently did not arrive, we will contact you directly to make sure you get the replacement policy and ID card. Thank you for letting us know.

Please do not ever hesitate to let us know how we can be of assistance to you and thank you again for being a policyholder.

Original review: June 15, 2016

Our experience with ProtectMyCar was very bad that I had to cancel our insurance with them. Administration was very poor and they do not respond to calls. Their people were irresponsible with no sense of urgency. They never call me back. I even have to call them back again and again to get the answer from them. I’m not satisfied with them and I will never recommend them to anybody.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: June 14, 2016

I called a couple of days ago because I was stuck on the side of the road and needed roadside assistance. I called ProtectMyCar at 10:30 and the guy said somebody will be on the way. I let an hour and a half go by and nobody ever came, and it was after 12 o'clock. Thank God I had a friend who came and got me and then I just left my car there. It was aggravating. I was outside the whole night and couldn't get them until the next day. They found somebody to get me, but I had to call and do everything again so I'm upset about that. I'm not too big of a fan of ProtectMyCar right now after that night.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: June 9, 2016

When I had my car fixed recently, ProtectMyCar gave the mechanics too much of a hard time and so the mechanics didn't want to deal with it. So I don't think I'm going to keep the warranty very long because the hard labor that the mechanics put in was not worth it. I have a car that came with a warranty and it's so easy to take my Mercedes in and they do whatever they need to do. But this one, I got to call to get approval. ProtectMyCar wants the cheapest part and I was not happy.

Original review: June 7, 2016

I was satisfied with the information ProtectMyCar gave me about them when I called. I've used them twice and have had a good experience. I only had one little complication. I was dealing more with the dealer than with ProtectMyCar and it was nothing too serious. There was some miscommunication as far as getting the work done. ProtectMyCar was ready and prepared to take care of their end there but the dealers didn’t do their part. Everything took a little time but was resolved. I was pleased with ProtectMyCar. I was satisfied with what they told me and the cost.

Original review: June 2, 2016

My oil needed changing, and my tires need rotating. You guys took care of that, and I thank you for it. My Air Conditioner was broken. They called me. I told them to call you guys. You guys house in $69.99 on a bill that was in excess of $300. I would have thought you guys would have paid a little more. I also had to get a rental car because the car then overnight there Wales. They did not have any compact cars at Florence Regional Airport. So, I had to get a midsize and spend a little bit more ($57 & some change). The next day ice packs the rental agreement with a note written by Budget Rental that there were no compact cars. I tell you these things, because if it were my company I would want "Attention to Detail" & "Follow-Through" to be my first two points of business when dealing with the customer. PS. A/C still broken & Rental Reimbursement not there.

Original review: June 2, 2016

I had a transmission that blew out on me and ProtectMyCar helped me with it. It was a little long process but overall they granted me success, so I was happy and grateful. It's a good company and they stand behind what they said they're going to do so far. I recommended them to quite a few people.

Protect My Car response
We cannot thank you enough for the great comments. It means a lot to us all to know our efforts are really helping give our policy holders good peace of mind.
Thank you for the referrals, too. We will treat them with just as much respect as we do you. Remember, if you referred someone to us who gets a policy we say thank you by sending you Visa gift card.

Original review: May 31, 2016

Everything with Protect My Car was easy and smooth. It's easy to operate and to know what's going on. Everything was explained.

Original review: May 31, 2016

My transmission valve went and I was looking for help where I’d be able to not pay as much. ProtectMyCar was recommended to me by someone. However, the people that fixed my transmission charged me more and didn’t do a good job. From $1100 they added another $500, which I was very upset about. Now I’m having problems with my car cooling and it might have something to do with the fuel line. They might have not put something back in place properly. I’m afraid to take my car back to them. Why take something back to someone who doesn’t actually solve the problem?

Protect My Car response
We appreciate your comments. We realize how difficult it can be when the repair shop does not complete the repair or does not correctly diagnose the repair. We spend a lot of time helping policyholders with problems just like that. We will be happy to help you as well.
We will be in touch to assist you with the problem you described.
As always, please let us know if there is any other way we can help you with your vehicle or your coverage.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: May 30, 2016

We had a bad deal with ProtectMyCar in October last year. I took my car in to get it fixed and they didn't pay the garage. I had to pay it out of my pocket to get the car out. I'm not too happy and I don't want to deal with them anymore.

Original review: May 23, 2016

ProtectMyCar has been okay so far and I like it. I'd recommend them overall.

Protect My Car response

Original review: May 11, 2016

ProtectMyCar's price was higher but my purchasing experience has been good.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for those comments. We appreciate them very much.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: May 7, 2016

ProtectMyCar gives you false information to get you to come on board with them. Then, it's a totally different thing. I'm having a leak with my car and they said they don't cover it. It doesn't make any sense. I'm thinking of canceling them right now. I'm dissatisfied and I'm telling somebody about it. They said they're going to try it, but I'm going to tell them they don’t have to do it.

Original review: May 5, 2016

I'm new with the company... looking forward to the peace of mind and benefits of being covered by this company. The Representative whom talked me into this plan was awesome. He worked with me when I became suspicious of the whole ordeal. I'm NOW glad I didn't cut him short and hang up in his face!

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: March 29, 2016

Someone called me on the phone to offer ProtectMyCar and their price seem like a good deal so I got them. However, I don't remember them ever mentioning a deductible. All I know is there's a price and I need to find out if my deductible is going to be reasonably high. So far I haven't used it yet but I'm getting a feeling of security if something does happen.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your providing them. We spoke to you, of course, after reviewing your review to discuss your small deductible. As we discussed, these policies require a small deductible per visit, not per component repair. So you only have one deductible for each visit to the repair facility, even if the repair involves multiple components or even a complete engine or transmission replacement.
That's just one more way we provide good peace of mind to our policyholders. We are glad you have a good feeling of security. That is what this coverage is all about.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: March 28, 2016

The warranty from Protect My Car is very fine. I've never had to use it.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for taking time to provide your comments. We appreciate that very much. We are very pleased to have you as a policyholder and we look forward to helping you in the future when you need help with your vehicle.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: March 27, 2016

The initial experience with ProtectMyCar was good. Someone called me and they caught me in the right moment, so I didn't look at any other extended warranty companies.

Protect My Car response

Original review: March 14, 2016

The only bad experience I've had with ProtectMyCar.com was I asked them to send me documentation of everything that's covered and I haven't received it. When I called them to follow-up, they said they sent it out. But my husband and I have never received it.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. A check of your coverage file shows the post office tracking information shows delivery of the policy to you in August, soon after you signed up. We have also e-mailed a copy of your policy to you. If you no longer have these documents, or if you need any help with any thing else please do not hesitate to let us know. Your peace of mind is our most important goal.

Again, thank you for your comments.

Original review: March 9, 2016

I'm very happy with ProtectMyCar. They gave me one charge which I didn't have a choice with but I'm happy with the warranty.

Protect My Car response
Thank you very much for your comments. We appreciate them very much. We do go to great lengths to help our customers with their budgets as well as repairs when needed. When you signed up and selected written invoices, the invoices included a small administrative processing fee. On your request, however, we were happy to eliminate that fee to make sure you are getting the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost.
We are happy to have helped you with your coverage. Best of all, when you do have a problem, it’s really nice to know that with one phone call you can get towed in, activate rental car benefits and get fast, efficient claims service. That’s what we call good peace of mind.

Thanks again for our comments.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: March 4, 2016

I was pressured into getting a ProtectMyCar warranty. I really didn't want it and I'm thinking about cancelling it.

Original review: March 1, 2016

Purchasing experience was good. I’m satisfied. I haven’t used the car since I had the warranty from Protect My Car and I don’t know if I’m going to continue on the warranty because I can’t afford it right now.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. It really means a lot to us all to know our efforts are really helping give our policy holders good peace of mind. We will be in touch to see what we can do to help you with your budget. It's all part of doing the right thing for each policyholder.

Original review: Feb. 29, 2016

I’ve been with ProtectMyCar a couple of years and it was a fine experience.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2016

I’ve had five extended warranties and ProtectMyCar was the best one. They've been doing great for me. Also, they have no interest each month. I just have to pay 50 bucks a month and I still got a bunch of miles left. Whatever was wrong with my car that they covered, they took care of it. Although the $100 deductible is a little tough, but I feel like I have to get that fixed for more than $400 anyways. Also, it was easy to go through and call up. I just brought it down to Chevy and they did the rest of the work. And me calling up the place once in awhile to see how long I’m still lasting for and all that, they gave me all the correct information.

Protect My Car response
It really is all about good peace of mind. We are very glad your policy and our staff have given you that. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is any thing we can do to help out.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2016

I needed a protection plan other than the one I had with Southern Dodge where I got my car from. Southern Dodge was too high for me, so when I got a call from ProtectMyCar, I accepted it. Everything we did went through our insurance and my experiences have been fine so far. As long as I pay my bills, I'm covered and protected. ProtectMyCar's a wonderful company.

Protect My Car response
We can not thank you enough for the great comments. It really means a lot to us all to know our efforts are really helping give our policy holders good peace of mind. We do work very hard to make sure the policy is affordable, and that policyholders get the kind of help they need when they need help.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2016

I didn't use the warranty, and my wife and my son wanted to get out of it so I did.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments. We regret that your family did not see the value in protecting both your budget and your automobile with this valuable coverage. We will be here to help you should you change your mind and decide to get some protection. Remember, when you do have a problem, it’s really nice to know that with one phone call you can get towed in, activate rental car benefits and get fast, efficient claims service. That’s what we call good peace of mind.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2016

Someone told me about Protect My Car. I have it and they’re great, though I haven’t used it yet.

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate them very much.

Thanks once again for those comments. Remember the best part, too. We are still here to help again when the need arises.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2016

ProtectMyCar contacted me after the factory warranty on my vehicle expired and the autopay was pretty much set up over the phone on the same day that they called me. However, when they were briefing it on the phone, the very beginning was a little confusing as far as the way that they approached it. It needs a little bit more clarity on what the package entails.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. Comments such as your help us do a better job for each policyholder.
Most people do have questions about their policy and the claims process after first taking out a policy. We are always here to assist with any question. You have by now had a chance to review the policy. It spells out the coverage in clear easy to understand terms. We still urge you to call us any time you have a question or if there is anything we can do to help you.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2016

ProtectMyCar worked with me so I could afford to get their insurance. However, I haven't had any experience with them yet. I just pay them every month.

Protect My Car response

Original review: Feb. 19, 2016

I've had Protect My Car since it was still under a different name. I’ll recommend them.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2016

My experience with ProtectMyCar was pretty cut-and-dried. It was because of word of mouth that I chose them over other warranties. I'd recommend them.

Protect My Car response

Original review: Feb. 17, 2016

ProtectMyCar collected money right out of my checking account every month but I've never used them. However, they seemed good and the guy who I talked to knew what he was talking about. I'd recommend them.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for those comments. It really means a lot to us all to know our efforts are really helping give our policy holders good peace of mind.
By the way, if you know friends or family who might benefit from a policy, please tell them about us. We will treat them with just as much respect as we do you. Remember, if you referred someone to us who gets a policy we say thank you by sending you Visa gift card.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2016

I'm very satisfied with ProtectMyCar. The guy that sold it to me was very nice.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2016

ProtectMyCar called me and I went with their auto warranty. I really haven't used it yet other than oil changes but it has been a fine experience. I'd recommend them to a friend.

Protect My Car response

Original review: Feb. 13, 2016

The only time I used ProtectMyCar was when it was still Precision and I had no problems. Though it would be nice if they would cover batteries. I’ve never had to replace a battery in three years, and it cost me a $138 yesterday. I’m not really happy with that. Before, I had Esurance for extended warranty and I've always had batteries covered. Another issue that I had was when I bought a tire under Precision and it literally was not covered. They didn’t give me a mileage pack. To be honest, I'm looking at another company yesterday. Precision was great, but I was not even informed that it was switching company.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate that very much. We are also very grateful to you for being a policyholder since August, 2014.
To answer your question, the policy covers you for covered repairs on mechanical breakdowns, not wear and tear items like tires, or batteries. That allows us to keep the monthly premium very low.
We were happy to have helped you with the repair to you rear speed sensor and window switch. That repair alone saved you over $450.

As your vehicle ages and more miles are added it will be more likely that future repairs will be required. When that occurs and we are able to help you with those repairs as well, you will be very glad you had the foresight to protect yourself with this coverage. Again, thank you for your comments.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2016

I've done oil changes and tire rotation with ProtectMyCar and I had one problem. When I took my car to the Toyota place, they said that they did not see anything for tire rotation. I told them that it was on there because I had it done but at that time, I couldn’t get the tire rotation. So I called the company then they went on and put it back. I don’t know what they got dismissed off there, but it was straightened out.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2016

I got a car yesterday and also decided to get an auto warranty from ProtectMyCar. I'd recommend them.

Protect My Car response
Congratulations on the new car. We are very happy to help you protect your investment in it. It's nice to know that when you do have a problem, one phone call you can get towed in, activates rental car benefits and gets fast, efficient claims service. That’s what we call good peace of mind.

Good luck with that new car and thanks for your comments.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2016

I would recommend ProtectMyCar. I haven’t had to use it yet, but my purchasing experience has been fine.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Feb. 10, 2016

I had one episode where my car broke down and called ProtectMyCar but I never got results. They said somebody was coming, but nobody showed up. I sat there for seven hours until I finally got a guy who came by late and helped me out. The next day, I got a call from ProtectMyCar and they said that there was a bad wreck on the interstate and it went on and on and it was tied up so nobody could get to me.

Protect My Car response
Thank you very much for providing your comments. We appreciate that very much and also very much appreciate that you have been a policyholder since January, 2014.
As we told you at the time in September, 2014, we deeply regret that the roadside assistance operator did not make it to you in a timely manner. We strive to make sure that the policy and the benefits give you good peace of mind. In this instance we dropped the ball and we again apologize for that lapse.
We operate efficiently nationwide and in Canada. To handle the volume of calls for towing and roadside assistance, we hire third party companies directly to expedite providing help to our policyholders. While we strive to make sure these companies handle the towing and assistance timely and efficiently, we know that it will not always happen. Nevertheless, we take responsibility for any delay, even those outside of our control.
To help make that right, we are discounting the cost of your coverage $300, effective immediately. We want this coverage to be a positive experience for you and hope that this discount will help do that.

Once again, thank you for your comments.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2016

ProtectMyCar is a good company and I would recommend them.

Protect My Car response

Original review: Feb. 8, 2016

My experience with ProtectMyCar has been good.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2016

ProtectMyCar never kept in contact with me about the mileage of my car - they just let it run on. I had the warranty longer than normal because I didn't know I already had 75,000 miles and the miles had gone off of it. They never called back to confirm if it went to 75,000, and then when I called, they told me I didn't have it anymore but they were taking my money anyway. But that didn't matter. Apart from that, I never had a problem with them.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. While we can appreciate your position, therer really is no way for us to know how many miles you put on your vehicle over any given point in time. That is why we let you know the total miles that the policy will protect you.
When you let us know you had exceeded the total miles of coverage we immediately stopped the premiums and offered to credit you the payments you had made on another policy.

Again, thank you for your comments. we appreciate that very much.

No response received
Original review: Feb. 6, 2016

ProtectMyCar called and told me I could still get a warranty on my car. But when there was something wrong with my car, they didn’t want to fix it. When I broke down a couple of times on a weekend, I tried to get them to come pick me up but nobody answered the phone.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate you providing them.
A review of the policy details shows that you had a small noise on engine start up that went away in a few seconds. Your mechanic looked over the engine but could find no check engine lights, or problems with the car. You continued to drive the car and even after a second diagnostic review still did not find any mechanical breakdown of the vehicle.
Since we had no indication from your mechanic that there was a mechanical breakdown and the vehicle was working fine there was no repair that could be completed. We stand ready to help you with repairs when they are required, but can not help when your mechanic reports that no breakdown has occurred.
We also have no record that you had called in for towing or 24/7 road care. We will always be happy to provide that service when needed.

Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to assist you.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2016

ProtectMyCar's price was right and that made me choose them over other providers. I'd recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2016

I'm satisfied with ProtectMyCar. I had a good experience when I purchased my extended auto warranty from them.

Protect My Car response

Original review: Feb. 3, 2016

So far, my experience with ProtectMyCar has been okay.

No response received
Original review: Feb. 2, 2016

I'm disappointed in ProtectMyCar, they don't cover a lot of stuff. I had to pay $600 out of my pocket where the warranty didn't cover. I'm looking for another one because I'm very unsatisfied with this company. After my experience, I will not recommend this to anyone.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your providing them. Thank you too for being a policyholder since 2013. It is unfortunate that you feel the policy should have helped you more. A review of the repair history shows that we paid out well over $2000 on 4 repairs over the last three years. The last repair for $525 you referred to was to the hood struts, emission solenoid and valve cover gaskets. These are not covered components under the policy. Some components are not covered and for a very good reason. If we covered every single component of your vehicle, the cost of the policy could easily be three or four times what you are paying for it. Most people would be unable to afford such coverage. We cover the components that are most likely to break down and for the most part are the costliest to repair. We hope that upon reflection, you will see how much the policy has actually helped you. As comprehensive as the policy is, it is far more likely that future repairs will again be to covered components. When that occurs and we help you with those repairs, you will be very glad you had the foresight to protect yourself with this coverage. Again, thank you for your comments.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2016

ProtectMyCar has been great. They called me soon after I got my car and I knew from reviews that they were all good, so I signed up. I call them periodically because I do my own oil change and update on my mileage.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for taking time to provide your comments. We appreciate that very much. We are very pleased to have helped you with the coverage and we look forward to helping you in the future when you need help.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2016

I've had ProtectMyCar for a few years. Everything was excellent and everybody was right on the money.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2016

I haven't used the warranty yet, but I have no problems with them. As far as everything else, it's good.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2016

I haven't used ProtectMyCar yet, but I'm happy with it.

Protect My Car response

Original review: Jan. 30, 2016

ProtectMyCar seemed reliable so I decided to get my auto warranty from them. So far, dealing with them has been easy.

Protect My Car response

Original review: Jan. 29, 2016

I had no problem purchasing my warranty from ProtectMyCar. I'd recommend them.