Protect My Car

4.1/5 (516 ratings)
Call Center Open
Protect My Car

About Protect My Car

Protect My Car is a premier vehicle service provider that states its goal is to “change the game” with advisors who place the customer first and help minimize uncertainty from unexpected costly repairs. The company states that it aims to provide a hassle-free claims process and ongoing customer service.

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect My Car?

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

The car wasn't running and Protect My Car got back with the mechanic right away. They got it fixed and everybody was happy. I’d recommend this warranty highly.

Protect My Car response

Thank you very much for those comments. We really appreciate them. We are very glad the policy, our staff, and our services have been of help to you. Your peace of mind is always our most important goal. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2021

The rep was awesome. He followed up and I'm very satisfied with my plan. Protect My Car saved me because I had about $3600 worth of work done and I came out of pocket less than $1000. The process was super smooth. I didn't even have to do anything. I called them, they gave me a number to call back and the mechanic shop was the one who called and did it. They said that they were on the phone with Protect My Car for a little bit, but for myself, I didn't have any issues.

Protect My Car response

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with Protect My Car. Providing our policy holders with good peace of mind is one of our most important goals. We are glad to give the help you needed with the drive axle and radiator repairs, and we stand ready to assist again when the need arises. What will never change is our willingness to go the extra mile to help you when you need it. As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to let us know. Thank you again for your very encouraging comments.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

Protect My Car provides for oil changes and other issues that may arise. The air conditioning stopped working and it wouldn‘t blow cold air. The guy said, “Oh, you can't call me. The mechanic has to call me directly.” That was a bit of a pain in the neck. I said, “I'm sitting right with the mechanic right here in the shop.” The guy said, “Tell the guy from the shop you have to use our parts people.” The mechanic said, “I know what parts this vehicle needs, and I don't want to use your parts because you'll get the substandard, cheap ones.” He stuck to his guns. Finally, Protect My Car said okay. They helped. But I had to pay half.

Protect My Car response

Thank you very much for providing your comments on your experience with Protect My Car. We certainly understand the frustrations of being informed the shop has to call to start a claim, and we will be looking into other contact options, just for instances like yours. Thank you for that feedback! Also, our Ambassador series of policies was created specifically for vehicle owners whose vehicles do not qualify for standard extended breakdown coverage, either because of excessive age or miles, or because of other conditions. We strive to ensure customers save as much as possible on repairs, so we do attempt negotiations with every shop. If a shop is not able, or unwilling, to accept our parts, we will most assuredly work with them for parts. We are always willing to go the extra mile to help you when you need it. As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to let us know. Thank you again for your very insightful comments.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

The last time I took in the car to fix the starter. But I know other people whose warranties don't get a deductible. I wonder why I didn't get that type of warranty.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with Protect My Car. We understand your frustrations, and apologize for any inconveniences. A review of your account was completed, and it was found that we offered you the highest level of coverage for your vehicle, according to the mileage at the time you signed up. Protect My Car does have one of the widest ranged qualification criteria in our industry, and if you would like to hear other options that may be available now, please call Customer Loyalty at 844-556-4762 for further assistance. Thank you for being a valued Protect My Car customer!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

I appreciate Protect My Car. They were the only one that covered my car with that many mileage. I understood that electronics would be one of the things that was covered but when I did ask them would they pay for that if anything happened in the future, the reps said no. It’s one of the major parts of the car and that's one of my big expenses which my last warranty did cover. That's my only complaint.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 5-stars! We are glad that you have since been able to speak with a specialist who provided you with the correct information regarding your convertible top motor being covered under your policy. Providing our policy holders with good peace of mind is our most important goal. Thank you once again for your comments. Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is any thing else we can do for you.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2021

We got the rotors on the back of my wife’s car replaced. The process didn’t take long and I got the part. Everything went good.

Protect My Car response

Thank you very much for your kind comments. We make it our mission to provide great service and needed help to all policy holders. Your peace of mind is always our most important goal. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

The AC stopped working on the car. Finally, I had to do the whole system. I had a transmission go out also. Everything tried to go out but Protect My Car had no problem with it. They took care of it. You gotta get Protect My Car.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments and for choosing Protect My Car. We are glad we were able to give the help you needed with your repairs, and we stand ready to do so again when the need arises. As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to let us know. Thank you again for your very encouraging comments.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

Protect My Car does what they say they're gonna do. When I signed up, they went over the details with what they cover and what they don’t. They were straight up about it and didn’t lie about anything they told me. They handled two major issues with the car and I’ve been very satisfied.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for taking time to provide your comments. We appreciate that very much. We are very pleased to have helped you with those repair and we look forward to helping you in the future when you need help. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

A lot has been going on with my car that I didn't expect would happen so soon. Right now, it’s in the shop and I'm still waiting for it to get fixed. The only thing is it has been taking a while. It's been there for two months. The mechanic from the shop was letting me know that they were trying to get in contact with Protect My Car. At first, they weren't getting any responses so that gave me a little red flag. They were delayed a week or two to send someone to inspect the vehicle. Then it was another week or so for them to approve it. There's lack of communication ‘cause I was told then that I would get a call from them, but I never got one. But before then, I've used Protect My Car at another shop and it worked out perfectly fine. Protect My Car has been very helpful.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your 4-star review. We are glad you were able to speak with a specialist regarding your concerns. There are no excuses for extended wait times, so please accept our apologies for that inconvenience. We are confident that the steps taken to shorten those wait times have been effective. Please don't hesitate to contact Customer Loyalty for any other questions or concerns you have. Thank you for being a valued Protect My Car customer.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

The vehicle is an older car and it needed an extra warranty. I tried CarShield but didn't like it. I didn’t get a good vibe from the CarShield people but I had a good vibe from the people that I was speaking to with Protect My Car. I love them. I'm very happy with the plan I chose and I’m about to put my next car into it. Protect My Car takes care of everything. They just call me and let me know, “You can pick up your vehicle. It’s paid for.”

Protect My Car response

We cannot thank you enough for the great comments. It really means a lot to us all to know our efforts are really helping give our policy holders good peace of mind. We do work hard to make sure this protection is affordable for everyone’s budget and that when you need repairs, we will be there to make sure the repair cost does not break the bank. Thank you again for being a valued customer. Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is any way we can help.

Original review: July 28, 2021

Protect My Car seemed to be the best salesperson and price that I could find while I was looking. I did a front axle joint and two rear bearings. Plus, the oil changes and stuff that come with it. It's a pretty good operation so far.

Protect My Car response

We cannot thank you enough for the great comments. It really means a lot to us all to know our efforts are really helping give our policyholders good peace of mind. We are happy to have helped you with your repairs and look forward to doing so again when you need us. Thank you again for your review and for choosing Protect My Car to help you protect your car and your budget. Please don't hesitate to contact Loyalty if you have any questions or concerns.

Original review: June 25, 2021

The rep offered me a deal with all the different stuff and I couldn't turn it down, and I'm glad I got it. It covered things on my call. It gave me a rental car. It had roadside assistance. They were always there when I needed them. I had a situation not too long ago where my car ran hot on me. I was in downtown Atlanta, and I called Protect My Car. They sent in a tow truck to tow my car to where it needs to go. But in the meantime, my car cooled down and I was able to crank it up, and I drove it to the dealership myself. When I got to the dealership, they called the dealership and spoke with them, and they covered everything. They put me in a rental car. I tell my friends about it all the time. With everything they cover, it's real good. I'm very satisfied.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your positive feedback! Your experience is the reason we do what we do! Good peace of mind is what this coverage is all about. We are very happy to have been able to help you with the repair to your vehicle. It really makes sense to protect yourself against very expensive repairs. While you did not need the roadside service in this situation, just know that it is there for you in the future. Besides towing your vehicle, our roadside assistance can help you if you lock your keys in the vehicle, need help changing a flat tire, or bring you fuel. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how the coverage was able to assist when you needed it. We are very pleased to have helped you with the recent repair and we look forward to helping you in the future when you need help. Thank you for the five stars. We know you are going to save a ton of money with this coverage. Thank you for choosing Protect My Car.

Original review: June 20, 2021

The first time when Protect My Car spoke to me, they told me what they covered. I used them one time. They didn't pay certain things, and I had to come out of my pocket. I had to pay the brakes in them because they don't pay for that. They should let people know that they don't cover certain things. But maybe I just didn't understand it.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for sharing your experience with Protect My Car. We understand it is frustrating when everything is not covered as expected, and apologize for that inconvenience. However, our policies are intended to help customers with mechanical breakdowns, which are almost always unexpected and very costly. Maintenance of a vehicle is something you can schedule and plan for financially. These services are readily available at most repair shops at a discounted rate to attract new customers. To keep the policy cost down and provided help for the unexpected breakdowns, vehicle breakdown policies do not cover the cost of maintenance and wear and tear items. Adding these services to a policy would make the monthly cost of the policy too expensive for most people, especially for those on a budget. If you still have questions, please contact us to review YOUR coverage. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: June 19, 2021

I didn't like when one vendor stalled me out for a week before they got back and contacted Protect My Car. They stalled me out to get the rental car and they only had to pay for the rental car for a week. Other than that, it's excellent with Protect My Car. I’m trying to convince my friends to get that stuff on their car because they’ll need it.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for taking time to provide comments on your experience with Protect My Car. We definitely understand that the frustrations of having to wait for a vendor to get back with the shop before repairs can begin can be a huge inconvenience. We are happy that Melodi was able to contact you to review those inconveniences and appreciate you allowing Protect My Car to assist with your repairs. And please, continue telling your friends and family about us, and we will treat them with just as much respect as we do you. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. Thanks again for the great comments!

Original review: June 18, 2021

PMC covered a few of the things that were wrong with my car and it has come in handy. But they didn't cover the major one - a rack and pin - and I had to pay for it out of pocket. I already shelled out almost $800 between the deductible and the part and if something goes wrong in three months, it’s on me. Also, my AC is broken and all it is is a wiring thing with the hoses underneath and that's not considered covered. I wish other things that seem to fail more than what they cover were covered.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for taking the time to comment. We know it is very frustrating to have some repairs not covered. We are glad that Melodi was able to contact you to review other options that are available, because we realize that one size does not fit all, and we are always happy to do everything we can to accommodate each customer on an individual basis. While you are reviewing the options provided, please don't hesitate to contact Protect My Car with any questions or concerns. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: June 17, 2021

Everything has been going great with Protect My Car. I've taken advantage of the free oil changes. I'm cool with them so far.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for those comments. We do appreciate your choosing Protect My Car and we know you'll save a ton of money with the benefits provided by your coverage. Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: June 17, 2021

I got excellent help from the rep. They gave me three free oil changes and I used one right now. They are excellent.

Protect My Car response

We cannot thank you enough for the great comments. It really means a lot to us all to know our efforts are really helping give our policy holders good peace of mind. By the way, if you know friends or family who might benefit from a policy, please tell them about us. We will treat them with just as much respect as we do you. Remember, if you referred someone to us who gets a policy, we say thank you by sending you Visa gift card. Thank you for your comments. We appreciate them very much.

Original review: June 16, 2021

Getting an oil change through Protect My Car was originally kind of difficult because I went to this oil change place here in the city and the gentleman that was responsible for it was not aware of how the program worked. So, he had to ask his manager about it, who did know, and they just advised me to call. I had to call to ask Protect My Car what to tell them what to do. I gave them the number to call back so they could get the information. So, that did take a little while and I kind of held up the line a little bit to get that straight. But once they realized what they needed to do and that they actually had a fleet account with Protect My Car, things were fine after that.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Protect My Car. We appreciate that very much. We strive to make the claims process as hassle-free as possible, but there are times that the process is extended on the first use. Our apologies for the inconveniences that occurred during your first oil change claim. However, now that you and your shop know what to expect, the whole claims experience should be easier. Thank you once again for your comments. Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is anything else we can do for you.

Original review: June 16, 2021

Protect My Car is good, but if your policy isn’t current or if something’s going on, they don't pay. They wait till you pay them and then they help you, and that's very inconvenient. I had an oil change setup for next Friday. But I needed my oil change now, so I had to pay Protect My Car early to get my oil changed. That's stupid. So after I get my oil changed next month, I won't be with them no more.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of your experience with Protect My Car. Providing our policyholders with good peace of mind is our most important goal, so we are very happy that Melodi was able to reach out and review this in more detail. We extend our apologies for any miscommunications and inconveniences that you dealt with, and we are glad a positive resolution was able to be achieved. Please feel free to contact us with any other questions or concerns. Thank you again for your review.

Original review: June 11, 2021

Protect My Car's representatives explained everything. Then they gave me the options. So far, everything is fine.

Protect My Car response

Welcome aboard! We are glad you are with us and we will work hard to make sure we meet and exceed your expectations. Thank you for being a valued customer and for choosing Protect My Car!

Original review: June 8, 2021

I had just gotten a 2011 car and Protect My Car came on the radio. I was trying to see what they were about so we went ahead with them. The rep was pretty good. I used the warranty for some minor issues. I expected them to pay a little bit more than what they did but it was okay.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We are very pleased to know how much our efforts are helping our policyholders when they need that help. Our goal is to give every policy holder good peace of mind. Great rates, towing, rental car benefits, fast claims processing and the personal touch are just some of the ways we help provide that. Thanks once again for those great comments. Remember, we are still here to help again when the need arises.

Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Original review: March 13, 2021

When I talked to the guy from Protect My Car, the warranty seemed pretty good. I got it and I've used it for oil changes. It's very easy. I go right to the dealer, they call up, and Protect My Car pays. They are good. I'll keep it as long as I need it.

Protect My Car response
Thank you very much for your kind comments. We make it our mission to provide great service and needed help to all policy holders. We are very glad the policy, our staff and our services have been of help to you. Your peace of mind is always our most important goal.

Original review: March 3, 2021

I had bought a truck, and I wanted a warranty on it. I talked to Protect My Car on the phone. The rep was very courteous. He was very excellent. Signing up was very easy.

Protect My Car response
Congratulations on your vehicle purchase, and thank you for your comments! We certainly appreciate them. We make it our mission to provide great service and needed help to all policy holders. Your peace of mind is always our most important goal.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

The Protect My Car rep I worked with was good. But my 2019 Nissan Sentra got totaled so I canceled my policy. It was easy to cancel. The wait time was just 20 minutes.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for taking time to provide comments on your experience with Protect My Car. Those were very kind words and we appreciate them very much. We take pride in working hard to provide our customers the best possible service. We are very sorry to hear about your vehicle being totaled, but please keep in mind, if you are looking for coverage on any other vehicles, you can always call us for a quote.

Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

The reps were nice. They helped me a lot and explained stuff to me. I appreciated that because I don't know too much about cars. They were telling me that if anything happened, I could get a rental car and if I had a flat tire, they would come to me. I'm very pleased with what they signed me up for.

Protect My Car response

Thank you very much for those comments. We really appreciate them. We do work hard to make sure that with one phone call you can get towed in, activate rental car benefits and get fast, efficient claims service, all with low monthly premiums tailored to fit your budget. That’s what we call good peace of mind. We are very happy that our company, staff and coverage has given you that. Best of all, we will be here to assist you when you next need help with your vehicle. Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

I like Protect My Car because a lot of car warranty places don't give you free oil change three times a year. The price was another reason we went with them plus the $400 gift card. We did Protect My Car back in December and the sales rep was nice. The only thing he hasn't done is what he said about the gift card. We haven't received it. Also, I know I could get so many points for being with Protect My Car. I thought I could use those points to buy things but they were asking me for my debit card.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your review and for choosing Protect My Car to help you protect your car and your budget. We appreciate that very much and we know you'll save a ton of money with this coverage. As for the gift cards, those are for referring friends or family who might benefit from a policy. If you know of anyone, please tell them about us. We will treat them with just as much respect as we do you, and send you a gift card as thanks. Also, our rewards program is a great way to save on items you purchase on a regular basis, so you can use your accrued points to save money on online purchases.

Thank you once again for your review. Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is anything else we can do for you.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

Purchasing a warranty for my 2017 Audi Q3 from Protect My Car was easy. Everything went well. The representative I spoke with gave me enough information to choose Protect My Car.

Protect My Car response
Thank you very much for your kind comments. We make it our mission to provide great service and needed help to all policy holders. It is very important to everyone here at Protect My Car that we provide the most professional service possible. Your peace of mind is always our most important goal. We know you will find us attentive to your needs and the coverage will save you a terrific amount of money. That is what good coverage is supposed to do.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

I was trying to call somebody else when Protect My Car came up and I feel like with them, I got a good deal on a warranty on my car. I did an oil change recently and it went nicely. I spoke with somebody from their end and they spoke to my dealer when I was getting it. They gave them all the information.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2021

I did an oil change and Protect My Car's reps were good and very helpful.

Protect My Car response
We are happy to have helped you with your vehicle service and look forward to doing so again when you need us.

Thanks for your comments.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2021

I spoke with Protect My Car's reps when I called to ask them how I went about doing the oil change, and they were helpful.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We know that one size does not fit all, and we are always happy to do everything we can to accommodate each customer on an individual basis.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2021

The rep I spoke with from Protect My Car was great. I used Protect My Car one time to change my oil and it was very easy.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. It really means a lot to us all to know our efforts are really helping give our policy holders good peace of mind.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

They've answered all my questions. They're very nice and courteous. They're great so far with me. My husband and I have Protect My Car on all our vehicles. I've recommended it to my son, my daughter, and my son-in-law, and they took advantage of it too. They're on the Protect My Car with their vehicles.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for taking time to provide comments on your experience with Protect My Car. Those were very kind words and we appreciate them very much. We take pride in exercising good judgment by doing the right thing for each of our valued customers.
Thank you, too, for referring folks to us. It says a lot to know our customers refer family members to us for this protection. We will treat them with just as much respect and care as we do you.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

A friend told me about Protect My Car. The reps were very helpful. I recently got an oil change and it went very well.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for those comments. We are very glad you chose Protect My Car. With great rates, towing, maintenance and repairs covered, not to mention rental car reimbursement, it just makes sense to get some protection before you vehicle breaks down and leaves you stranded on the side of road.

Thanks for your comments and for choosing Protect My Car.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

The only thing Protect My Car did for me was the oil change. They told me that each month, I would get a $100 voucher. They told me to look in my email. I looked at my emails but I didn't see anything like that. Other than that, everybody I spoke with was nice.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We are leased to have you and your Dad as valued customers. The discount voucher program can save you a lot of money on everyday purchases. Please call our customer service team any time to find out how you can get the most out of your discount program.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2021

My interaction with Protect My Car's rep went good, although there was some miscommunication. I let the rep know that I only put fully synthetic. I know that sometimes they don't cover that. They only go for whatever the cheaper oil is. She said that they would cover whatever it is I put in my car. But that wasn't the case. When I went to get my oil done, they did not cover the fully synthetic. I had to pay the difference. Other than that, the value seemed to fit my budget.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2021

All the interactions I've had with Protect My Car reps have been good. They have a very good rate because with my car being almost brand new, it would cost pretty much more than someone driving a 2013 or 2014. With Protect My Car, I'll feel a lot more relieved knowing that if and when something does happen, I'm covered and I won't have to pay the full amount.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

My purchase of Protect My Car was fine. They helped me. When I wanted to cancel the policy, they made sure I didn't and I’m glad I didn’t.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments. We do help folks show have tight finances since an expensive vehicle repair impacts folks on a budget the most. We are glad you chose Protect My Car. we know you will save a ton of money with this coverage.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

The rate that the guy was giving me was good. I told him at the time things were a little bit tight because of COVID, and he was willing to work with me. He was good and very patient. When I went to a licensed dealership for my car, they did the tire rotation, the filter, and one other thing. The dealership was charging $80 to do all of that and Protect My Car covered it. So that was pretty cool. The only thing I don’t like is the waiting for a representative. Sometimes the waiting takes long. You gotta wait extra long, and it doesn't tell you how long the wait is.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate them. You are right, too. Sometimes the delay can be frustrating for both our customers and us. We know it was difficult to get through to our customer service and claims department for a period of time. Due to the shut down, we transitioned our employees to a work from home status. We have kept all employees on the payroll and they have really come through for us and all our customers. Still, there have been delays and we apologize for that. We appreciate your patience while we work through the shut down due to the pandemic.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

I was looking for an extended warranty and since I got a call from Protect My Car, I went ahead with them. I was asking a lot of questions and the rep I spoke with did well in explaining everything to me like how Protect My Car works. Everything went well. I did an old change for my 2016 Cadillac and it took two hours. That went fine.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with everyone. We appreciate your business.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2021

Protect My Car was the first one to contact me back. I decided to go with them because of their monthly price. After talking to the rep, I felt comfortable adding them on. He seemed to know what he was talking about. The warranty was very easy to purchase.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

I had a very good conversation with the rep at Protect My Car. He was very polite and told me about the plans. He walked me through it and how it works as much as possible. I asked questions and he answered them. I was satisfied with the answers and I decided to sign up right away. I bought a used car so I knew that I would probably run into some issues. When you buy used cars, you don’t know how the other people took care of the car. I had a couple of issues. Some were covered and some were not. I had to pay out of pocket. But I knew that going in that not everything is going to be covered 100%. I had to use the warranty twice. Hopefully, I don't have to use it again for a while. But I’m definitely satisfied with having the warranty so far.

Protect My Car is definitely something to look into. I have brought this up in conversation with other people. They have newer cars so they probably won't need it right away. But I told them, “In a couple years, your warranty is not gonna cover everything. You might start looking into some of the things. I’ve obviously looked at other programs and I was satisfied with this one.” I have recommended Protect My Car to a couple of people and I would do it again.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

I had an oil change and it wasn't difficult but the place I took the car to has never heard of Protect My Car. But I gave the rep a number to call and my ID so that they can charge it. She called, did the charge, and the charge went through.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for taking time to provide your comments. We appreciate that very much. We are very pleased to have helped you with the recent service to your vehicle and we look forward to helping you in the future when you need help.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

I went in for an oil change and it went well. They rotated my tires, gave me an oil change and there were no problems. It was easy. I just gave the shop the card then the guy called and told me my car was ready for pickup.

Protect My Car response
Thank you very much for providing your comments on your experience with Protect My Car. Providing our policy holders with good peace of mind is our most important goal. We are glad to give the help you needed with your repairs and we stand ready to do so again when the need arises. What will never change is our willingness to go the extra mile to help you when you need it.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

I had an extended auto warranty that came with a car then I went to CarShield, which I had had previously on another car when my warranty ran out on my Chrysler. I then spoke with the people at Protect My Car and their plan was cheaper. I've heard good reports about it too. I had my oil changed once since and they took care of that. I drove off and nobody stopped me. I didn’t have to pay anything. If I didn't have a warranty, I could pay for the oil change. If something else happened though, who could rack up thousands of dollars if something happened to the car? I couldn’t pay the bill.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments and the very important point you made. You are right, too. When that first big expensive repair happens, especially on a holiday or on vacation, and Protect My Car takes care of it for you, that is when you know you made a wise choice to protect yourself and your budget. That is what gives you good peace of mind.

Thank you again for those very encouraging comments.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

Everything was taken care of in a timely manner. So far, Protect My Car has been good.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the five stars. It always nice to hear when a customer has a good experience.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

When I originally talked to a rep, he was awesome. But I was driving at the time so I didn't have a way to write things down. Then when I called back, I couldn't get back to the same person and I like to talk to the same person.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments and your rating. Our agents do stay busy and are not always available when you call, but we are sure that any of our agents you speak with will have the same professional and friendly attitude. Their goal is to answer your questions honestly and make you glad you called.

Thank you for choosing Protect My Car. We are glad you did and know you will save a ton of money with this coverage.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2020

Protect My Car is a warranty you should always think about getting because they’re very helpful. You never know what might go wrong with your car. When I got my oil and tires rotated, the shop had to call into Protect My Car to verify the purchase. Everything went great.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments and insight. we totally agree. With very few exceptions, breakdowns occur without any prior warning and unless you thought ahead to get coverage before a breakdown occurs, the expense of the repair can really hurt your budget for months to come. We are glad you chose Protect My Car to protect not just your car, but your budget as well.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2020

My 2009 Cadillac DTS is covered by Protect My Car. Everything is going okay. The reps were definitely helpful. I took in my car and had an oil changed, and the process was great.

Thanks for your comments and for choosing Protect My Car.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

I drive ride-share and I wanted to make sure my car is taken care of in case something happens. Protect My Car was a little less expensive than the other one that's got all the TV ads. It's also a company from Florida, so I felt like that was the one I was gonna go to. The rep I worked with was very personable. I used the warranty for an oil change. They come through every time. So far, it's been good.

Thank you so very much for your comments.

Our primary goal is to give every policy holder good peace of mind. Great rates, towing, rental car benefits, fast claims processing and the personal touch are just some of the ways we help provide good peace of mind.

Thanks once again for your comments. Remember the best part, too. We are still here to help again when the need arises.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

The lady at Protect My Car gave me a great deal because I am a senior citizen. She did great over the phone and I went with them. That car was totaled out though and I cancelled my policy with them.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for those comments. We appreciate them very much.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

I have an oil shaft that they aren't fixing. I asked what was covered, they said everything - the whole drivetrain was covered. But soon as I took it to the main dealership, they said, "We don't cover that." So I'm about to get up out of there in a minute.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments. Since we do not have an estimate or claim filed for the oil shaft repair you mentioned, we would recommend you have a shop of your choice complete an estimate for the repair and have them file a claim. If you have any questions or need any help doing so, please call our claims department. we are here to help.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

I just picked Protect My Car and I have two vehicles on the warranty. I like that they give a free oil change.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the five stars and for choosing Protect My Car for both of your vehicles. We are glad you are with us and we will work hard to make sure we meet and exceed your expectations.

Thanks again for a terrific review.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

I talked to one of the young ladies and I liked what Protect My Car was offering. I needed them for a tow fee, and then I had something wrong with the car and they paid for that. They were there, worked with me and did everything. Everything went fine.

Protect My Car response

Thank you once again for providing your experience with Protect My Car. We know you will find us attentive to your needs and the coverage will save you a terrific amount of money. That is what good coverage is supposed to do.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

The sign up process with Protect My Car was very nice and easy. I've only had an oil change so far and it was fine.

Protect My Car response

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

The rep from Protect My Car with whom I worked with was very nice.

Protect My Car response

Short and to the point. Thank you for those comments. It does make a difference when the people with whom you are dealing really treat you as an individual, with individual needs. We very much appreciate your business.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

I got an enormous amount of phone calls saying that the warranty on my car had expired. I drive an old car and I don't wanna have to deal with those expenses. I looked into it and the price that another company quoted me was almost $400 a month. Then, I was looking for something about oil changes and when the Protect My Car rep caught me, I asked if it includes oil changes. He said it doesn't but he got the underwriter on the phone to have my plan include that for at least 12 months. It was a great value. They were a fraction of the cost of the other people who have been calling me and they threw in what I asked for. Also, everybody I talked to was amazing. I used it for an oil change and Protect My Car was fine.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for taking time to provide comments on your experience with Protect My Car. Those were very kind words and we appreciate them very much. We do work hard to make sure your experience with Protect My Car is a positive one and that the whole process, from choosing the right coverage, to making sure it is comfortable on your budget, to fast and efficient claims service, towing and rental car benefits, gives you great peace of mind.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

I needed a warranty on my car and Protect My Car was cheaper. I’m satisfied with the rep I worked with. Also, I've used the free oil change once and that process wasn’t difficult at all.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your very encouraging comments. Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is anything we can do for you.

Thanks, too, for choosing Protect My Car.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

I'm gonna take my truck to get an oil change today. I take advantage of the free oil changes. Protect My Car sent me a letter of recall from Ford. So when I come back, I'll take it. That way, Protect My Car can check it and see what it is. But I’m really happy. Even my son got it too. His wife got it on her car. He’s got a Mustang that he wants to put on that protection.

Protect My Car response

Thank you, too, for referring folks to us. We will treat them with just as much respect as we do you.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

Protect My Car is holding up its end of the bargain. They handled everything accordingly. Surprisingly, they've been okay ‘cause I dealt with other warranty in the past and they hadn't been so good to work with. But Protect My Car has been pretty good so far. I'm having some work done now with my car and they’ve taken care of what they need to take care of. They could be better with the rental car situation. As long as the mechanic had your car, you should be able to keep the rental car. Protect My Car only allowed it for three days. But the people at the dealership took care of me and everything else has been very good.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments. We are happy to have helped you with the cost of the repair you are going through. We know the savings in repair costs will make you glad you had the foresight to protect yourself with this valuable coveraae. Thank you for choosing Protect My Car.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

Protect My Car seemed like a pretty good deal. I was very impressed at what they covered. Four weeks ago, I ran into some major issues and they covered the majority of it, with no issues. Even the dealership was very impressed with how much they covered. The dealership dealt with them, but I'm sure the same day they got the approval. I recommended Protect My Car to my girlfriend and my parents. My girlfriend already has it. My parents, pretty soon.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2020

My car was breaking down a lot. I went with Protect My Car for a warranty and so far, I've gotten one free oil change already. Getting that oil change to go through was simple.

Protect My Car response
Great point, too. You never really know when a major breakdown will happen. It just makes sense to protect yourself before it does.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

When I called Protect My Car, they answered all my questions. They gave me a lower rate than the other ones had offered me. They said I had to be at least out of my 90-day probation period to help me if something happened to my car. I'm still on my 90-day period with them. So far, all I got was a free oil change.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your choosing Protect My Car to help you with the high cost of repairs. One thing, though, the waiting period before you can file a claim is only 30 days, and 1,000 miles. If you need any help, just call us. That is what we are here for.

Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

My truck has a lot of miles on it. I have over 200,000 miles on it now. Not that back then, but close to it and Protect My Car would warranty it. Most vehicles stop at a certain mileage. Protect My Car's rep was very convincing but not in a pushy way. He just showed me where the warranty would benefit me. That's why I went along with Protect My Car and got their warranty. I used the oil change. I just gave the shop the card and said, “Hey, I got a free oil change. You can call this number.” It happened as if I went in there to pay for it. “Okay, your car’s ready.” “You don’t owe me,” versus “Pay me.”

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments.
Our Ambassador series of policies was created specifically for vehicle owners whose vehicles do not qualify for standard extended breakdown coverage, either because of excessive age or miles, or because of other conditions. The Ambassador family of policies is less expensive than a standard extended warranty and therefore appeal to those on a limited budget.
Ambassador policies provide a wide variety of important benefits including free oil changes, free tire rotations and a significant reduction in repair costs (guaranteed reduction of the original estimate of repair costs). They also come with towing, 24 /7 roadside assistance and rental car benefits.

We are very glad you chose Protect My Car. We know you will save a ton of money with this coverage.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

Protect My Car was cheaper. They had some deals with some offer. I didn't have a warranty on my car so I figured having their warranty would be something pretty decent. The only thing I don't like is that we have to pay half. But so far, I have just used it for oil change. I had to take my car. The shop looked it up and then we had to call Protect My Car. But they were on hold for a long while, so I got on the phone and called and got it taken care of.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

I saw Protect My Car on TV and I figured to get some information from them. Their reps knew the information, then I decided that I liked the warranty and went with it. So far, I've done the oil change. I called the number on there and they gave the list. All in all, everything was good.

Protect My Car response

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

I was searching online and calling different people. I talked to one of the reps at Protect My Car who was very detailed about what it was and what it did. So I ordered it. They kept in contact with me and they gave me a discount. I cancelled it for three or four weeks and when I came back, they gave me an even cheaper rate. I did an old change and the process was smooth.

Protect My Car response

Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is any thing we can do to help out.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

I bought a used car and I wanted to make sure I have protection. I have a friend who used Protect My Car and I went with them. I felt pretty good when I spoke with their rep.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. As you know, most older, high mileage cars simply do not qualify for any coverage with most companies. Obviously, those are the vehicles that are most likely to suffer a mechanical breakdown. Our coverage plans were created with just those vehicles in mind. The coverage provides a wide variety of benefits in addition to breakdown coverage, all for a very affordable monthly premium.

Thank you again for your comments. Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is anything we can do for you.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

I was looking for a warranty for my car and I saw Protect My Car online. They had the best deal. So far, I have just used the free oil change. I showed the shop my warranty card and they used it. I called Protect My Car and they were off the phone in 10 minutes.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your review. It always nice to hear when a customer has a good experience. We know you will save a lot of money with this coverage. Thank you for choosing Protect My Car.

Original review: July 30, 2020

Protect My Car is alright to have but there are a lot of things that you have to pay for that, to me, you shouldn’t have to pay for now that you got an extended warranty.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments. You raised a very important issue and we are happy to respond to it. This coverage is for mechanical breakdowns and does not cover wear and tear items or most maintenance items (we do cover oil changes and tire rotations on most coverage plans). The reason we do not cover these items is because those are things you can plan for. Mechanical breakdowns are almost never expected and that makes it very difficult to pay those unexpected costs. That is why protecting yourself against those costs in advance makes so much sense.

We are also always concerned that the cost of the coverage remains affordable for folks on a tight budget. Covering wear and tear items and maintenance items would significantly increase the cost of the coverage and prevent folks who need the coverage from affording it. Since the coverage comes with roadside assistance, towing and other benefits, it protects you budget just as much as it protects your car.

Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: July 29, 2020

I have a 2013 and it had low miles on it and it didn't have a factory warranty on it. So, I reached out to Protect My Car. I liked what they offered, so I bought it. The rep I spoke with explained everything in detail. He was patient and answered all my questions, so I was comfortable. I got oil changes and everything was smooth.

Protect My Car response

Original review: July 28, 2020

I had gotten CarShield and then, I heard a lot of bad things about them, so I went to Car Care. But I got ahold of somebody from Protect My Car and they sounded better so I went with them. The reps were awesome. One had convinced me and I called to cancel Car Care, and they made the pot sweeter. I called back Protect My Car and they made it better. So, I canceled Car Care and told them that I'm gonna stay with Protect My Car and not to bother me anymore. So far, I'm happy and I liked them. It was easy and I have no problems. I just went to have my oil changed and it was smooth.

Protect My Car response

Original review: July 26, 2020

I was thinking that I was gonna need an auto warranty in the future, so I got one. Protect My Car was the cheapest one so far and the rep was great. I had went in to check in for my brakes, but they were telling me that I would have to have a red light, like an engine check sign on. I then called the man to tell him this was not gonna help because I felt like something was wrong with my wheels. I don't know anything about a car, but I know my car does not drive the same. When I called him, he ensured me and helped me out with things. He gave me some things that made me stay with them as well.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for taking time to provide comments on your experience with Protect My Car. Those were very kind words and we appreciate them very much. We take pride in exercising good judgment by doing the right thing, not just doing things right.

Original review: July 24, 2020

I called and purchased the warranty a few months back. The car is in good condition and I wanted to protect my car when something does happen. I already knew what I wanted and I got a call from them. Their prices monthly were a little better than the one that I had before. The rep also went over all the things that I asked about. He was thorough and well knowledged on what I needed.

Original review: July 23, 2020

I called Protect My Car and they called me back one day. They sounded good and they gave me a good discount, and I went with it. They said everything I needed to hear because they got me to spend my money. So, it was cool. I used them to get an oil change. They didn't charge me for it but I still had to pay for the filter. I thought all that was covered.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We do cover mechanical breakdowns and oil changes, but not wear and tear items or items that have to be replaced on a regular basis (that's part of your maintenance).
We are very glad to have you as a valued customer and know you will save a ton of money with this coverage.

Original review: July 23, 2020

I was referred to Protect My Car by my daughter-in-law. She also has the same make and model that I had. She doesn't really drive her vehicle because she has multiple vehicles. So, for anything major, she never needed that just yet. But she referred me to them because she felt as though they were good. And at that time, my factory warranty expired so it was time for another extended warranty. I'm very dissatisfied with Protect My Car though. It really doesn't cover anything. Ever since I had the extended warranty, my vehicle has been in the shop five times and they never covered anything the whole five times that it was there.

My vehicle was recently in the shop for my compressor pump. They covered part of that, but still not all of it. When the shop reached out to Protect My Car, they said that they only cover the pump and not the tube to the compressor of the AC. They never covered the piece, nor did they cover the power steering. So, I had to pay $700 and some out-of-pocket because they only covered one item in that instance. I had a power steering leak, and they didn't cover it. I'm really thinking about canceling Protect My Car because they're really not helping me every time my vehicle goes in the shop.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We did take a look at your claims history and it does show that the A/C repair was covered and paid for with the coverage. Although the pump was not a covered under your coverage plan, we did good will that repair as well. To date, the coverage has paid over $2,200 toward repairs, while the coverage since you purchased it some time ago has cost around $450.00. That means the coverage has saved you over $1,750.00 in vehicle repairs. That's money you would have had to pay if you had not had the foresight to protect yourself with this coverage.

Original review: July 23, 2020

They’ve been taking pretty much care of all my car needs. They’re a phenomenal insurance company, so I like them a lot.

Protect My Car response

Original review: July 22, 2020

I have auto insurance but I didn't have that extra cover like what Protect My Car offers. I saw it on TV and I called. However, there was a lot of miscommunication and money taken out of my account that wasn't put back. I ended up speaking with one of their specialists and she was amazing. They ended up giving me a really good rate of 57 bucks a month. I was satisfied with that because it covers my first oil change. It turned out good now that I see how it works and stuff. Everything has been good other than financially for me. They’ve been patient with me during the COVID and being unemployed and quarantined. I always recommend Protect My Car to my kids.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We are sorry for the initial confusion but are very glad we could help you with the cost so that it fits your budget.

Welcome to the Protect My Car family.

Original review: July 21, 2020

Protect My Car was the first one that called me and they gave me a good deal so I went with them. The enrollment was easy. I did it over the phone. I like knowing that my car is safe having the extended warranty.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We do tailor make the coverage to accommodate our customers to make sure they are getting great coverage at affordable prices.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: July 19, 2020

I thought Protect My Car was CarShield. I had seen a commercial on TV and it said it was CarShield. I told the representative that spoke to me when I went on with them that, "You are CarShield?" I thought he said, "Yes." So I gave him all the information and I signed up with them. Then later, I found out that it was not CarShield, it was Protect My Car, but they've been pretty good with me, doing what I need and the oil changes, so I'm good with it.

I recently got oil changed on my car. The second time when I got the oil change, there was a problem because they took too long. I told the owner at the shop, "Well, you shouldn't have changed the oil if you weren't sure that they were gonna do it." I don't wanna do something that they are gonna have a problem with. I should have told him, "Call them first." But he went ahead and changed the oil, and then he tried to call Protect My Car. So, that took a while. I was there for about 20 minutes, and he was like scratching his head, thinking that I wasn't gonna pay, and I said, "No, I already came here one time to you. But the thing is that you have a question about it. You should have first called them like you did the first time I went." Other than that, Protect My Car is excellent because I haven't had any problems with them.

Protect My Car response

Original review: July 18, 2020

I had run out of my warranty that I purchased when I bought my car. I've looked at a few companies when they call me and I didn't like what they were giving me. When somebody from Protect My Car called me, it was pretty much close to the same warranty I had. However, the rep could've been a bit better explaining things because when I purchased it, he told me it was x amount of days or x amount of miles. He didn't say x amount of miles and x amount of days.

I went to the dealership to get work done and I wanted to get my oil changed, and Protect My Car gave me a couple oil changes with the purchase. But I got denied on their oil change because it wasn't the x amount of days, but I was at the x amount of miles. I called many representatives until I finally spoke to somebody else. He lowered the price of my premium so it was less because of their confusion, plus because of the COVID-19. He got me to keep it because I was going to cancel it before the 30-day period.

I had a lot of confusion in the beginning and nobody explained it to me until I told the person I was canceling and they sent me to the last person that does the canceling. It was that last person that does the canceling that got me to keep it. The people need to explain things a whole lot better, like how the guy at the cancelation section does.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for choosing Protect My car and for your comments. We regret that there was any confusion on the oil change but very glad our agent stepped up to make it right. Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out.

Original review: July 17, 2020

Protect My Car is great. I can call and they’d send a mechanic. I can call them and they'll fix it for them right away. At this time, I’m waiting on the mechanic to call them. My car keeps shutting off, and they’re gonna start looking at it tomorrow at the shop. It would be my second time using the warranty. The first time I used it went well. I had to pay $173, and they covered the rest of it. Everything is great.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: July 16, 2020

Protect My Car gave me a better price than other companies so I picked them. The conversations that I had with the young man that I talked to were okay. He was straightforward with me and that’s all I got to ask.

Protect My Car response

Original review: July 15, 2020

The car that we bought for my wife was a rebuilt title. I looked online and Protect My Car was one of the few that offer a warranty and they offered a lot more than what other competitors did. Also, their reps were helpful and took the time to address my questions. I've had to use them a couple of times. I'd had the car less than a year and they were really good about working with my mechanic and getting the stuff fixed. My mechanic said it was one of the easiest extended warranty companies he's had to deal with. Expectations have been met and I've been really pleased.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: July 12, 2020

Protect My Car called me and it went from there. My truck is getting a little older, so it just made sense. The rep was pretty good. He was very persistent. I got an oil change, which went good.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for taking time to provide comments on your experience with Protect My Car. We appreciate them very much. Thank you for joining the Protect My Car family. We are very glad you did.

Original review: July 6, 2020

I got a call from Protect My Car because I called to cancel the purchase. They told me they would pay $50 something. But one thing realized was when I signed up, they told me they did tire rotation but they did none of that. So, somebody’s lying. All I did was change the oil. They said that they would give me oil changes for me. The first time, they called this insurance company. It was free, but my thing wasn’t easy. “You’re saying you don’t want to tackle my car, then you’re lying. You’re telling me that I’m supposed to get a tire rotation and all this on the phone, but I’m standing out there, looking at my car, and you guys never fixed nothing else.” I won’t tell anybody to come. I’m would tell people the truth.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments. we regret that you were unsure how to use the coverage to get the tire rotation. You simply have the shop you choose to use you would like a tire rotation. The shop will call the claims administrator (as they did when requesting payment for the oil change) and we pay that bill.

Anytime you have any questions regarding your coverage, or how to get the most out of your coverage, just call and ask. We are here to help.

Original review: June 1, 2020

I got an oil change through Protect My Car. I just gave them a call and things went through smoothly.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the five stars. We are glad you are with us and we will work hard to make sure we meet and exceed your expectations.

Original review: May 28, 2020

What kind of insurance did I get myself into? Protect My Car just sent me a card. They didn't send me all the information of what they are gonna take care of and when I took the car in to have it done, I wound up having to spend more money. I had talked to the guy on the phone and I told him I was gonna take my car to Jiffy Lube to get my oil change and to get the air filters changed. He said to have the Jiffy Lube salesperson that would work on the car to call when I get there and get verified before they do any work, and he would make sure that it is taken care of.

I did just that but when I went back to pick my car up, the guy who had the car said he had talked to my insurance company and that they agreed to pay a certain amount. Then he said I was to pay $132 and some cents. This guy gave me a list of a lot of the stuff that he did and all of the things that he had replaced with the prices. I had to pay half of that total in order to receive my car and I paid the price. But what if I hadn't had the money to pay that kind of money?

That process, with the person that I spoke with, was all right. He suggested that I do the same thing if I have another company I take the car to. He said to have the mechanic call and give them information on what needs to be done and how much it's gonna cost, and Protect My Car is gonna okay the parts that they're gonna take care of. That was also the last I heard from my car insurance and they just sent me a new book. But I was under the impression that they're gonna pay for the work that was done on the car. If I had known that they weren't, then I wouldn't have taken my car there at that particular time. I would have waited and taken my car someplace else. I would have taken it back to Chrysler. I figured that I could have taken it to Chrysler, got everything done and paid that amount of money.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments. You should have received the complete coverage booklet with the ID card you received by email. If you did not yet receive the booklet, please give us a call to confirm your email address. If you prefer, of course, we can mail a hard copy to you.

The coverage pays for your oil change, but not other regular maintenance items, like the air filter. This coverage covers mechanical breakdowns, oil changes, roadside assistance and many other benefits.

Thank you for choosing Protect My Car. We know you will save a ton of money with this coverage.

Original review: May 24, 2020

I signed up with Protect My Car and it went pretty good. I was told that I would get free oil changes. But when I took my car to have the oil changed, I was told that I would only be able to have three a year. Normally, to change my oil, I do it more than three times a year.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your providing them. Our coverage pays for up to three oil changes per year, based on the manufacturer's recommendations for your vehicle. While you may choose to have more oil changes done than those the coverage pays for, do speak to a knowledgeable mechanic about whether doing so is a good idea for your vehicle.

Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: May 21, 2020

Everything's been great with Protect My Car. They were recommended by somebody and they gave me a good deal. They’ve been good to me. I got my oil changed and that was easy.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. It really means a lot to us all to know our efforts are really helping give our policyholders good peace of mind.

Original review: May 7, 2020

You have to go to some shop, they put the estimate, then they approve it. Then the guy calls me, comes down and fixes it. Sometimes he leaves the car over there to fix it. But I’m gonna be out in couple of months ‘cause I have to buy a new car. I don’t want to put too much money. If it’s a $100 bill, I pay 50, they pay 50. Every month, I pay 137.

Original review: May 5, 2020

I just got Protect My Car. The rep I worked with did pretty well. They work with me in some stuff, so I was pretty satisfied.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for choosing Protect My Car to handle your coverage. our goal is simple take the stress out of car repairs and save our customers a ton of money in the process.

Original review: May 5, 2020

I did the oil change and they did that fine. I was real happy with that. But they said they were gonna be sending me coupons but I haven't received anything like that.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We do not provide coupons, so perhaps you were referring to the rewards program. In any event, please give us a call so we can make sure you are getting the most out of your coverage.

Original review: May 2, 2020

Vehicles will break down and sometimes you just need that extra help. I felt good about Protect My Car's policy. They also handled their business very well and weren't pushy. I did do the free oil change and it went well.

Protect My Car response
Thanks for those comments. We appreciate your taking your time to provide them. You are right, too. When that first big expensive repair happens, especially on a holiday or on vacation, and Protect My Car takes care of it for you, that is when you know you made a wise choice to protect yourself and your budget. That is what gives you good peace of mind.

Thank you again for those very encouraging comments.

Original review: May 2, 2020

When I buy my cars, I usually get the extended warranty but I noticed with this car that I got, I didn’t have one, which was why I got an outside warranty on my own. Protect My Car was a little cheaper than everybody else but I wasn’t pleased with the first price they gave me. They told me I could cancel within 30 days but when I was reading through everything, it seemed like the other one that I had. I called Protect My Car and I was cancelling but the guy kept trying to talk me out of it. He put a manager on the phone. He gave me four oil changes for free and something else. I was skeptical with the rep and I said I had to read through everything because they might say one thing, but that thing would turn out to be a little different, which was what I didn’t like. So, as soon as I end up having a problem or they’re not honoring something, I’m dropping it.

With the last warranty that I had, it wasn’t that they didn’t honor anything for me. My father-in-law's Mercedes had a check engine light that popped on and when he took it to Mercedes and tried to get it fixed, the extended warranty was saying that it was a wire within the engine, which was not covered, when we were told that everything dealing with the transmission was covered. My father-in-law didn’t sign up for any extended warranty at all and he was a little bit upset. I didn’t tell him I signed up for this one. So, I hope that I don’t have these types of issue because these extended warranties don’t tend to be truthful most of the time.

I told the reps at Protect My Car what my father-in-law experienced with the other extended warranty and I asked them if it would be covered if anything should go wrong within the transmission or engine such as a wire and it’s within one of those. I told them that it’s very important for me to know, and I was told yes. Still, I kinda felt like I didn’t need the extended warranty because I have a pretty good mechanic that works for Mercedes that does mine for the little things that go wrong and I don’t even pay Mercedes prices.

Protect My Car response
We do work hard to make sure your experience with Protect My Car is a positive one and that the whole process, from choosing the right coverage, to making sure it is comfortable on your budget, to fast and efficient claims service, towing and rental car benefits, gives you great peace of mind. Providing valuable free benefits is another way we show we have our customers best interests at heart.

Original review: May 1, 2020

The rep of Protect My Car was good and informative, trying to make sure I get any type of discount and I was taken care of pretty good. We’ve had to use it twice already for my wife's car. And it was fixed promptly. It’s a cool idea, just having somebody and being able to pay my half of it. It helps a lot.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for taking time to provide your comments. We appreciate that very much. We are very pleased to have helped you with the recent repair and glad we saved you so much money. That’s what a good policy is supposed to do. We look forward to helping you in the future when you need help. Thank you for choosing Protect My Car.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: April 29, 2020

I was looking for an extended auto warranty just in case my car gets messed up or anything goes wrong with it. I got Protect My Car and the process was great when I had gotten an oil change.

Original review: April 28, 2020

I have a ‘09 Pontiac G8, which is a relatively older car, and I’m trying to be careful. I bought it pre-used from three states up and I feel like the people weren’t really being straightforward with me. I figured I could have the warranty to help me out. I was with CarShield but Protect My Car came with a cheaper deal. Their reps have been pretty good so far. I’ve been getting calls a lot. I can pay for it but currently I’m not gonna do that because I have my car right now. I call Protect My Car when something goes wrong and that’s not too often. There was an issue that I kind of assumed that Protect My Car would cover but they didn’t. But that was my fault for not reading the fine print.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate them very much.
We do work hard to make sure this protection is affordable for everyone’s budget. It’s all part of not just doing the right thing, but doing things right for each customer.

Original review: April 28, 2020

The way the reps of Protect My Car explained the stuff, it sounded good. I haven't had any problems yet.

Original review: April 23, 2020

Everything has been perfect with Protect My Car. They held up their part of the deal and everything got covered when I needed it. The reps have been good too.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for taking time to provide comments on your experience with Protect My Car. Those were very kind words and we appreciate them very much. We take pride in exercising good judgment by doing the right thing for each customer.

Original review: April 23, 2020

When I purchased the policy from Protect my Car, the rep worked it out with me and found me the manager’s special. It’s affordable. And they've worked with me ever since I started with it. I've gotten the car fixed once or twice. It’s been pretty all right but I'm looking into taking it back in because my fan sounds loud when I kick it on to heat up the car.

Protect My Car response

Original review: April 22, 2020

Having the extended warranty is very important. It's such less headache. It really helps you out. So far, it's doing great.

Thanks for your comments and for choosing Protect My Car.

Original review: April 21, 2020

Protect My Car put in a new motor in the car. It took about three weeks to get it done because they didn't wanna pay the part and Barton Automotive didn't wanna put the engine that the warranty company wanted in the car. It took longer than I liked but it worked out and I had been satisfied.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: April 20, 2020

Protect My Car has saved me over almost $2,000 already. They are a life-saver as far as having a newer car or an older car. They have pretty much helped me out. I was having a problem with my right signal. And the guy talked to the right people for me. And Protect My Car got it done for me ASAP. The Dodge dealership was also pleased that Protect My Car came through for me.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. It really does make a difference to have a professional adjuster discuss the repairs with the dealership or the shop you choose to use. We can not only make sure the right repair is being done, but done right and at the best possible cost for you, our customer.

Thank you for choosing Protect My Car and thanks again for your comments.

Original review: April 19, 2020

Protect My Car has been great and I love them. Recently, we had a transmission failure. It was leaking. We had to get the steering wheel. They told us I'd get the money. I called back and they said they would get the part for me.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments. We were very glad to have helped you with that repair. As in your case, even if small portion of the repair is not to a covered item, we can usually get that part at cost and save you a ton of money. That's just one more way we go to bat for our customers on a one on one basis. Glad to have you as a valued customer.

Original review: April 17, 2020

I just had my car fixed about three weeks ago. I took it to one of my mechanics and he got right on it. They got the approval from Protect My Car right away and the car was in there only a day. They told me to hang on to Protect My Car because they were fantastic.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate them very much. It really says a lot when your own mechanic recommends our company to help you with the cost of repairs. Far too often, mechanics are at the mercy of companies who care only about saving a buck rather than getting the right repair done right the first time. That is what sets Protect My Car apart. Most mechanics are both surprised and pleased by the assistance and cooperation we provide them.

Thanks again for your comments and thank you for choosing Protect My Car.

Original review: April 17, 2020

I was well pleased with my experience with Protect My Car. Someone from there called me when my car warranty ran out. She was a wonderful salesman and sounded honest. I went with them because of that and the warranty has paid off. I took my car to the dealership and told them I had a warranty. The tech said he has never heard of it and I told him to see what Protect My Car would do. He came back and said the Protect My Car is a good warranty and that they paid everything except my $100. It makes me feel good that this warranty is an honest thing. I'm satisfied with it.

Original review: April 16, 2020

When my car was in the shop, they fixed a couple of things and everything was done, but they missed one important thing that the lady didn't tell Protect My Car. I had to call them back and tell them that the shocks are still loose. But there's no way they're gonna fix it now. So I have to wait a couple of months. Other than that, everything went smoothly. Protect My Car has been excellent. I've told a couple of people that they gotta get it because it really pays off.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. It is not rare, but still unusual for shops to miss a needed repair. We are glad that the issue was discovered and will be ready to assist you with the repair when you are able to do so.

Thank you for being a valued customer.

Original review: April 16, 2020

Protect My Car seemed to be fairly new and they had a better rate for me. There was some discrepancy about something that wasn’t covered. The adjuster had to determine whether or not it was a covered part and he deemed that it was. I had to have some discussions and it wasn't determined right away, but they made some adjustments with it and made me very happy with it. So eventually, everything was solved.

Original review: April 15, 2020

When I received a call, I said, "Let me give Protect My Car a shot." The cars we had were not brand new, and if something goes wrong and the warranty covers that much, it would be worth it. But now, I'm kinda thinking it was not a great idea. When I was signing up, I was told the cover was a lot, but when I took the car to the dealers, they said, "No, the warranty doesn't cover that one." My husband's car was fully covered. I paid for the warranty to fully cover it. But mine was only 50% because it was the way Protect My Car had with the mileage. I wasn't too happy about that.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments. You should know that the high mileage on your vehicle makes it almost impossible to get any coverage, no matter which company you go to. Some companies do offer coverage, but are very limited in the components being covered. Our coverage reduces you cost of repairs by 50% on all mechanical breakdowns, pays for oil changes, towing and roadside assistance, along with other benefits. For such a low premium we hope that reducing your repair costs by 50% would be better for you than saving the premium but having to spend 100% on your repairs. Let us know what you think.

Original review: April 15, 2020

I used to have Alpha and my extended warranty was up. They didn't answer the phone and then when they answered, they where on hold for so long. So I was like, "You know what? This ain't somebody I wanna be bothered with." It was taking so long to even talk to them. I then went with Protect My Car. When I had an electrical issue, they, however, did not cover everything and I did not like that -- they were supposed to cover it. So, I had to come out of pocket and pay the rest.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We are glad we were able to pay the full contract portion of the repair to the electrical problem with your vehicle. However, the seat crimps, not being mechanical components, were not covered.

Thank you for choosing Protect My Car and for your comments.

Original review: April 13, 2020

An issue came up with my steering and Protect My Car did good. I got it done and they paid for it. Having the warranty is really important and I'm trying to coax my family members into checking that out too.

Original review: April 13, 2020

Protect My said that they would be able to cover my electrical sensors that had gone off in my car. I had asked them about that on the phone. The sensors kept going out in my car. I told Protect My Car that if I was gonna go with a warranty program, I was gonna go with the one that was gonna cover them. Their rep said they would be covered.

I went to the Acura dealership go get my car worked on. It was for the tires. Protect My Car covered some of the stuff. I got with the full end-to-end and made sure it was all top-notch. David was the guy that I was working with. He said that they'd try to get the sensors covered as well but they were not covered. He said that maybe I should call Protect My Car and tell them that I was told that they would cover the sensors. But with all the stuff going on, I just didn't have the energy to fight back and call back. I was just like, "Whatever."

I wish that Protect My Car would just cover the things that say they're gonna cover when someone's trying to make the decision of whether to go with company A, B, or C. That was the deal-breaker for me. I feel like because that wasn't true, I probably would have gone to a different company. It's kind of just making sure you know what can be covered. It's due diligence.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. While most of the components involved in your repair were covered by the contract, the particular sensor you had replaced was not. We are glad that the amount paid by this coverage for that repair, over $800, was more than double what the coverage cost you. So on just this one repair you saved more than the cost of the coverage. Those savings will continue to add up over time. Thats how you know you got the right coverage.

Thank you for choosing Protect My Car.

Original review: April 11, 2020

It was very important to have an extended warranty, but the plan that I have through them evidently isn’t all that great. They caught me on a good day when they called me and I thought I only had to pay $100. I ended up coming out of my pocket 1,200 bucks because I had some other works done on the car that wasn’t covered by my plan.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We understand your concern. Please remember that your coverage is for mechanical breakdowns. It does not cover regular maintenance or wear and tear items. While you still have those costs, and can plan for them, you are covered against the high cost of mechanical breakdowns which are almost always unexpected.

Thank you for choosing Protect My Car..

Original review: April 10, 2020

I got my car worked on at the Ford dealership and ask them for the rental after y'all said to carry it to them and they would contact y'all and get taken care of. Something went wrong and I had to pay 240 on top of my deductable. It's been awhile ago. I have got over it somehow but I was very unhappy with how it happened.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for letting us know about this issue. Your coverage booklet does let you know that you simply have to provide a paid receipt for the rental and we will reimburse you up to the policy limit for rental cars. Just give out claims dept. a call to get that ball rolling. Thank you.

Original review: April 9, 2020

I never thought I would need it, but when a mechanic told me it would be $1500+ to fix my car which I need to travel to and from work. I gave them a call and they straightened it all out. Very happy I had them available. Would suggest to anyone to get it, you never know when you will need it.

Protect My Car response

Great advice. We hear all the time from folks who say they haven't had a breakdown in years. All that we can add to that is "yet". Breakdowns are almost never expected and usually come at the worst possible time. Having a professional adjuster on your side to get the repair done and save you budget, not to mention towing, roadside assistance, and all the other money saving perks, really can make a huge difference. That's what we mean by peace of mind.

We are very glad you chose Protect My Car to protect you, your vehicle and your budget. Thank you.

Original review: April 8, 2020

Protect My Car covers a few things, but not much. Somehow, there was ammonia in my cooling system and my mechanic had to take the car apart there, which took a lot of work. There was also a gasket that had come loose and leaked that had to be replaced down there around the cooling system. He also took care of calling Protect My Car and got the check. However, I still had a balance of $600.

I took my vehicle over to the tire place and they said that Protect My Car will cover one of the spring joints on the back, but won’t cover the second one. I said that you kinda got have them both, otherwise, it throws the car off. Maybe Protect My Car could cover two of them at once, instead of just one. Also, I had a $100 deductible and on top of that, I gotta pay another $600. Plus, they make sure they take out the $100 every month. They covered about $400 and I paid all the rest.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments. As you must know from reviewing the coverage booklet, your coverage pays most of the cost for mechanical breakdowns. It does not cover wear and tear items such as those you had done, including tires, alignment, coolant hoses and fluid changes.

As to the other repairs, we only fix components that have broken down. Since your spring joint was replaced on one side does not mean the other one needed to be replaced.

Thank you for choosing Protect My Car.

Original review: April 7, 2020

My mom had a car warranty through Protect My Car for a short period of time and she recommended it a couple of years ago. When my warranty ran out, I gave them a call. When I had a drive axle problem, I gave Protect My Car's phone number and my policy information to the mechanic. From there, he did the rest. Then once everything was approved, Protect My Car called me before the shop did and told me what was wrong and that it was covered. Compared to the warranty that I had prior, I was extremely satisfied and really impressed with how Protect My Car got back with me. I’m very thankful for them especially since I didn’t know what was going on. I just woke up one day and my car started making a random noise and I was afraid I was gonna be spending a lot of money.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments. That is the scary part. Most breakdowns come without warning so there is no time to plan your finances around them. That is another reason why protecting yourself in advance is such a good idea.

Thank you an your mother for referring others to us. Over the last fifteen years that has been one of the most important ways our company has grown. We are very appreciative of those folks who are so grateful for the help we provide that they recommend their friends and family to us. That says a lot and we won't forget it. Best of all, we'll be here to help the next time an unexpected break down occurs.

Thanks again for choosing Protect My car and for the generous comments.

Original review: April 4, 2020

Protect My Car called me and their prices were much better than CarShield and more affordable for me. I needed an alternator and I just started with Protect My Car and they covered it. I didn’t know how it worked so I went to my mechanic. He’s very good and has good prices. But they don’t have a charge card machine. I paid it upfront and I was cut a check. But I can’t do that anymore. I gotta find a mechanic that Protect My Car wants me to go to in this area.

Thank you so very much for your comments.

Original review: April 2, 2020

I recommend Protect My Car. The specialist did well and it was straight to the point, nice, and simple. When I had a component failure, I called and let them know what was going on. They asked if the car was in a safe place and whether or not I needed a tow. After I told them what I needed, they made arrangements for them to be met. Also, they give a rental car if it takes a long time, but I was out of town when my car was getting worked on, so I didn't need it. After everything was done, they told me to call them when I got to the shop. I had to call them so that they could work out the prices. Protect My Car is good.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

I'm using Protect My Car's warranty because I want to be covered for radiators. I've been with them for a year now and things have been all good.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your choosing Protect My Car. Not only can you rest easy knowing the radiator is covered in case there is a problem, but most components, big or small, are also covered. That's how you protect your car and your budget.
Call us any time you have a question or need some help. We will be here to do just that.

Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

I called about 3 weeks ago to learn about protection programs, and the gentleman I spoke with was great and gave me all the information I was looking for, convinced me to sign up and I did. He mentioned there was a 30 day opt out clause. I spoke with my wife and a couple of friends and decided this was not what I needed and I reluctantly called to cancel, expecting to get the old high pressure. Amazingly it was a great process, they explained everything, gave a confirmation # for my cancellation. I was pleasantly surprised. If I do decide to do this at some point in the future I will definitely contact them. It was a pleasant transaction and I learned a lot. Thanks Protect My Car. George **

Protect My Car response

Thank you very much for your comments and for trying the program. We hope that you will not hesitate to let us know when it will be right for you to consider the program again. We will be here to protect your car and your budget.

Thank you again for your very thoughtful and encouraging comments.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

I had a car warranty that I had for six years and I never used them. When there was a wiring issue with my car, it ran me $700 and they said, “We don’t cover that.” I was so frustrated that I put all that money in and I never used them. And then, the one time I needed to really use them, they didn’t cover it. So, I got Protect My Car. I’ve been with them for almost two years and my experience with them has been good. They paid for the situation. They only cover the major parts such as the engine, transmission, etc. I had to get a starter put on my car. With the type of car that I got, that starter costs $500. They covered that, so I was satisfied. Protect My Car don’t cover a lot of things, but when it comes to your engine and your transmission, if you plan on keeping your car, I find it very valuable.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

I was with a different company and I had to cancel them because they weren't any good. I looked up Protect My Car and called. They were respectful to me and that's why I chose them.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. It is very important to everyone here at Protect My Car that we provide the most professional service possible. It means a lot to get comments from our policyholders that let us know we are doing just that.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

The dealership where I got my first car used Protect My Car and everything is great. If I know anybody, I would pass it on.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your review and for choosing Protect My Car to help you protect your car and your budget. We are proud of the fact that so many dealerships are anxious to refer their customers to Protect My Car. Professionals referring professionals says a lot. We appreciate your choosing Protect My Car and we know you'll save a ton of money with this coverage.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

They are a little cheaper than the other companies that I have tried, so far. Also, they have a little bit more benefit. They offered me two oil changes for the year, so that was one other reason that caught my attention to have them as the company. I had other warranties in the past who were way more expensive. I think Protect My Car is okay at the moment. But I need to check on some of what they offer ‘cause I had thought there was an offer to do tires and tire rotation. I am probably gonna look into that and take advantage of that.

Protect My Car response

Thank you very much for your kind comments. We make it our mission in life to provide great service and needed help to all policy holders. We are very glad the policy, our staff and our services have been of help to you. Your peace of mind is always our most important goal. If you have any questions regarding your coverage, please do not hesitate to let us know. we are here to make it easy for you.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

The last time we did something, I wasn’t pleased at all. It wasn’t followed up the right way. A lot of assumptions were made with the car, and I wasn’t pleased with the way it was handled. And they didn’t get it done. I gave all the information and everything was accurate, but they did not fix it.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments. W regret that you wee dissatisfied with the coverage on your last transmission repair. Unfortunately, the coverage is for mechanical breakdowns. It does not cover damage resulting from accidents such as you experienced. Damages caused by accidents has to be handled through your insurance. We do thank you for choosing Protect My Car and we know you will feel glad you have this coverage should your vehicle suffer a mechanical breakdown.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

My backup camera went out in my car, and so I can’t see my radio stations, can’t see the backup and can’t see if the light stays on at night. I’ve asked them to at least help me with some of the costs on it, and they didn't cover it. They covered my window that was locked, but they didn't cover my backup camera, which was really expensive. I had to pay the $100 deductible at the dealership and they paid the other part of it. Other than that, so far so good. I had a free tire and oil change that I did when I first got the car.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your providing them. We are glad that we were able to help you with the covered repairs and saved you so much money on those. There are some components that are simply not covered, like the camera, but for the most part, your coverage includes those components that are the most likely to break down and are the most expensive to repair.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

I gave them a call and they had the right number, so I went ahead and got the warranty. Everything was pretty upfront. If I had any questions that needed to be answered, they answered them. Even in one situation where I had to get the fuel system changed, they changed it. But the system went out again so they had to do it again. I didn't know that the fuel line system is connected to my gas tank on this particular car, so they weren’t able to cover what needed to be fixed. But seeing how I was a good customer and wasn’t really using my warranty like that, they went ahead and covered it for me. So, that was pretty cool.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for taking time to provide your comments. We appreciate that very much. We are very pleased to have helped you with the recent repair and we look forward to helping you in the future when you need help. Thats all part of doing the right thing for each customer.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

At first, Protect My Car was trying to charge $100 and I was about to leave. But they said they could drop the price and that was the only reason why I’m still with them. They also got the best and cheapest warranty right now. The first time I used it, I had to take my car to the shop because of a backup camera issue and I was there from 8 o’clock to almost 3 o’clock trying to get someone on the phone at Protect My Car. They need to get better with answering the phones. Also, when I tried to call them and told them that I was at the shop, they said that the person working on my car had to call them. It was the same way with the dealership. Protect My Car wanted the dealership to contact them instead of me contacting them to tell them that the dealership had my car. But after they got someone on the phone, things went pretty smoothly.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We regret that you had to wait on hold when you called our claims department. One reason we ask that the shop give us a call is to avoid inconveniencing our customers. We need to get the exact part numbers and exact repairs needed, which is information that has to come from the shop doing the repair work. We appreciate your patience so we could assist you in saving a ton of money on the repair.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

I went through who I felt was best for me, and so far Protect My Car has been good. They towed my car for me and I had to pay a little extra to them, but it was all right.

Protect My Car response

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

I researched online and decided to get Protect My Car. Their specialist has been great, and Protect My Car has been good.

Protect My Car response

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

I didn’t get a warranty with my car because it already had more mileage. But when they called me, I ended up taking a warranty for it. I talked to them over the phone and they seemed like they were okay. They were real good and nice.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for those comments. We do appreciate your choosing Protect My Car and we know you'll save a ton of money with the benefits provided by your coverage. If you have any questions about how to get the most out of your coverage, just give us a call. We are here to help.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

I've been with Protect My Car for about nine months and my experience has been okay. I went to one Jiffy Lube and they said they don’t take the warranty. I called Protect My Car and let them know because they did it one time before. And I just paid for the oil change.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We will definitely look into that situation. No shop should object to you, their customer, saving money. If you have not done so already, please call the claims department and file a claim for a reimbursement of the cost of the oil change.

Thank you again for your comments and for choosing Protect My Car.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

I’ve called Protect My Car a couple of times just to see if one or two things that were wrong with my car were covered, but they weren’t. Still, everybody’s cool.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

I’m not satisfied with Protect My Car because I had a better policy than the last time when I renewed. But I’m not blaming them. I’m blaming myself because I didn’t read my new policy. I thought I still had the same thing until I went to use it, and then come to find out I was only covered at 50% as opposed to $100 deductible that I always had. So I’m dropping Protect My Car. They changed the policy and I didn’t pay attention to it. I’ve been had them for five or six years and I never used them, but when it expired and I renewed it, they totally changed something. I'm very dissatisfied. I would rather go with CarShield or somebody else.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We do regret that you did not realize the change in n your coverage, even though the agent was very clear on the call as to what was covered. The fact is, your vehicle qualified for the prior coverage, but after so many years and so many miles, it no longer qualified for the coverage you had. You are likely to find out that your vehicle may simply not qualify for any coverage with many companies due to the age and mileage. Protect My Car does help those folks with older higher mileage vehicles.

Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

When I called into my bank and was about to do a transaction, I was told that there was a promotion. I thought I might as well get it anyway because if Protect My Car was gonna pay half, then it was gonna be way cheaper in my pocket, so I could save money as well. But when I called in and I asked if they had a list of mechanics that they preferred, they said no.

I live in Rochester, New York and a lot of mechanics like to do scams. I would like for Protect My Car to get some type of review on companies and actually prefer a company for customers. Sometimes, when I go into these mechanics, being a lot of them try to cheat me out of my money, but I have a brother that knows the prices and the work It's like two different people would be getting cheated. Let's say the mechanic said that the cost was $1,000. Protect My Car is gonna pay five and I'm gonna pay five, so we both would lose money. Also, when I tell a lot of mechanics that I have Protect My Car, they try to make the bill go skyrocket. I tell them no and go somewhere else. I ended up going strictly into the dealership so if the car is made by Chrysler, I'm gonna go to Chrysler. All in all, my Protect My Car experience has been good.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. To answer your question, we do not tell customers which shop to use. As long as it is licensed repair shop, the customer is free to choose. We also take great care to make sure our customers are not paying for unnecessary repair work. We have an our professional adjusters review the shops estimate to make sure the right repairs are being done and that the repairs are done correctly. We'll even send an independent adjuster out to the shop to review the vehicle and the repairs first hand. Having a professional adjuster review the shops repairs is another way of giving our customers great peace of mind.

Thanks again for your comments and thank you for choosing Protect My Car.