Protect My Car

Protect My Car Miscellaneous Reviews

4.1/5 (540 ratings)
Protect My Car

About Protect My Car

Protect My Car is a premier vehicle service provider that states its goal is to “change the game” with advisors who place the customer first and help minimize uncertainty from unexpected costly repairs. The company states that it aims to provide a hassle-free claims process and ongoing customer service.

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect My Car?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

I had one problem and I got in touch with Protect My Car. I contacted a mechanic and the mechanic contacted them. Everything was taken care of and they were great. Then, I had a car accident and I ended up getting another truck. And I want to eventually put Protect My Car on this truck, too, just to be on the safe side.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments. It really means a lot to us all to know our efforts are really helping give our policy holders good peace of mind. Great point, too. You never really know when a major breakdown will happen. It just makes sense to protect yourself before it does. Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is anything we can do for you.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2022

I have used the warranty for two incidents both involving the fuel pump. The first one was really quick but the second one took me so much time to get done. The first time, Protect My Car sent me the tow truck that took the car to a spot that got it fixed and they paid right away. The second one, I had to wait a week and a half without a vehicle because there was no answer from Protect My Car. Everybody was busy and they weren't calling back on time.

If they hire more people to answer phone calls, it will be much easier for everyone. The good thing is that I have three cars. One broke down, I could use my daughter's and my wife's. But there are some other people who only have one vehicle and that's what they use to work. If they don't have any other vehicle, they're stuck. Also, I had to pay extra money from my pocket to get my vehicle out on that second claim.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for any delay that you experienced. We would like to speak with you regarding your review to answer any questions or concerns. One of our specialists reached out but was unable to contact you, regarding your review. Please contact Customer Loyalty at 844-556-4762 so that we can provide further assistance, as needed. Thank you for being a Protect My Car Valued Customer.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2022

Protect My Car's sales agent was really awesome. It took a while before I could acquire the high mileage that was needed in order to activate my warranty and my coverage because I didn't drive enough but when something happened to my car, I was happy I had it. It was something minor, but I was very ecstatic because it came out the blue and it made me panic instantly. The moment my check engine light came on, they said to contact them. So, I called them and they told me to take it to where I wanted to get it repaired. They said to give the for the service place provider the number that's on the back of my Protect My Car card.

I did that and they started the claim. Protect My Car then let them know what was covered and what was not due to my policy. Protect My Car is worth it. They do 80% and you can’t beat that. I pay them $100 a month and when there's a problem, you go in the repair shop, pay your diagnostic, and that’s pretty much all you're going to come out your pocket with. Because the rest, Protect My Car will pretty much cover.

Protect My Car response

We cannot thank you enough for the great comments. It really means a lot to us all to know our efforts are really helping give our policy holders good peace of mind. By the way, if you know friends or family who might benefit from a policy, please tell them about us. We will treat them with just as much respect as we do you. Remember, if you referred someone to us who gets a policy, we say thank you by sending you Visa gift card. Thank you for your comments. We appreciate them very much.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2022

My wife’s car had some problems and it's a one-owner, so she's the only one having it and it’s well-kept. We used Protect My Car and the only issue that we had was getting somebody on the phone to pursue the claim because the dealership didn't like to sit on the phone and do that. But I used to be a service provider once so, I know how it is to be sitting on the phone and waiting. You have to wait and some people you get are impatient. Sometimes, we’d be working out there and then, we’d have to take time out to relieve ourselves from our job and call. But after we got over the issues about contacting Protect My Car, everything went okay and everything is well with the vehicle right now. Things happen in life and that’s the way it is. I’ve been there and I understand.

Protect My Car response

We cannot thank you enough for the great comments. It really means a lot to us all to know our efforts are really helping give our policyholders good peace of mind. We do work very hard to make sure the policy is affordable, and that policyholders get the kind of help they need when they need help. Thank you again for your very encouraging comments.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2022

For almost two months now, the rep handling the claim, Michael was not responsive. When I emailed him, the system is telling me the email is undeliverable. I have the document he requested from me but I can't send it back to him because his email is not working. Every time I call them, I'm on hold for the longest. I'm unhappy with them. Don't do this warranty. My car is in the shop and I gotta go through all these hoops just to get what I've been paying for.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2022

They took care of what they said they would. So the experience was great. The only thing I don’t like is that you got to be on hold for an hour and a half before somebody comes to the phone.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments. We appreciate that very much. We apologize for any delay that you experienced. We are happy to have helped you and we look forward to assisting you in the future when you need help. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help. Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2022

I took my car in for an air conditioner issue and I called Protect My Car. I got everything over to them and they had to pay us whatever was left of the bill.

Protect My Car response

Thank you very much for providing your comments on your experience with Protect My Car. Providing our policyholders with good peace of mind is our most important goal. We are glad we were able to give the help you needed with A/C repair, and we stand ready to do so again when the need arises. As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to let us know. Thank you again for your very encouraging comments.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

Protect My Car is a great company. They’re fast and accurate. Without them, I wouldn't be able to afford to keep the maintenance on this car. I’m glad I made the switch. It was a good move for me. I recommend them to anybody that needs a warranty. Anybody that’s got a vehicle on the road should go with Protect My Car. I will stay with them for the life of my car.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

I called and signed up with Protect My Car. Mine is a 2005 one and that's why I kept my warranty there because I can't afford a new car. I'm happy with Protect My Car. I only wish they do shocks and brakes. Other than that, I would recommend the warranty. I have a place that I go to that takes care of things and they've done a good job.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

I have two vehicles and both are covered with Protect My Car. I’ve been with them for over 10 years now. I had an experience with one of their representatives not too long ago, and it was horrible. I even had to escalate it to a supervisor. My car was in the shop and there was a miscommunication between what I should have known as the customer and the expectation that should have been set by the representative. It took almost three weeks. The representative never called me. But since then, I've had to get repairs done and Protect My Car has made it right. The most recent claim that I just did only took a day. Normally, it takes a day. Your car goes to the shop, they order the part, and Protect My Car submits the payment immediately.

Protect My Car response

We apologize for any inconvenience. We are delighted to have been able to help you with the repair of your vehicle, and look forward to being there for you when you need us. If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to call our Loyalty department at 844-556-4762. Thank you for being a valued Protect My Car customer.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

Protect My Car called me out of nowhere and they were the only place that ever called me that was there to help with paying for fixing up cars. My experience has been good so far. They helped me with my car at one point when I needed it. Customer service is nice too and it's not hard to get ahold of them. I've recommended Protect My car to other people.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the great comments. It means a lot to us all to know our efforts are helping give our policyholders good peace of mind. By the way, if you know friends or family who might benefit from a policy, please tell them about us. We will treat them with just as much respect as we do you. Remember, if you refer someone who purchases a policy, we thank you by sending you a Visa gift card. Thank you for your comments. We appreciate them very much.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

I ran into a problem with Protect My Car because I needed to do a car repair. The problem was my whole transmission broke. At first, Protect My Car didn't want to pay for the services because I didn't have any documentation. I told them when it came to oil changes, I would do those myself. We talked things through and resolved the issue. They were good and I recommend them to other people.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments. We know that one size does not fit all, and we are always happy to do everything we can to accommodate each customer on an individual basis. It’s all part of not just doing the right thing but doing things right for each customer. Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is any way we can help.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

I’m liking Protect My Car. I would recommend them. When I've needed them, I haven't had a problem getting help with them providing their part.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

I went with this company because of their vision, values, & mission statement. But when I really needed my coverage I realized it was all a lie. They found any reason to deny my claim so they wouldn’t have to pay. I provided all of my receipts to show I keep up with maintenance on my truck. When they couldn’t use that as a reason they tried to say I’m being denied because I failed to protect my vehicle because I took my vehicle to the shop as soon as the check engine light came on. My check engine light was not even on for a good 10 min before I arrived at the shop. The agent said I should’ve pulled over and called a tow truck. I was not in a safe area to pull over and in order to get to a place where I could pull over I would’ve had to drive further than where the shop was. They said I caused further damage because I didn’t pull over and call a tow truck. Mind you from the time the light came on and by the time I got to the shop I didn’t even drive 3 miles.

My adjuster Zachary was very rude and showed no compassion. Nor did he even try to listen to understand what he was saying made no sense, because if I went by his logic I would’ve had to drive the vehicle further which would’ve caused more damage if we’re going by his logic. This company just want to take your money, and when you need them they leave you high and dry. I wish I would’ve did more searching and read reviews before I signed up with them, because now I feel like they are crooks.

I will not let this issue rest and I will do everything in my power to let the world know to stay away from Protect My Car, because they will not protect you. They’re just going to take your money and deny your claim when you need them. Mind you if they really looked into the issue I was having they would see that the lifters on a Dodge Ram are a problem. Now I can’t get in touch with my agent, and I just get the run around when I call customer service. After I sit on hold for an hour just to speak to someone. I would give 0 stars if I could.

Protect My Car response

We understand your frustrations; however, Protect My Car does not mislead customers or engage in unethical business practices. We regret that you felt a 1-star rating was necessary because we make every effort to assist customers with repairs to their vehicles, so there are seldom any issues with approving claims. During your policy purchase, the claims process was addressed in the Recap and outlined in your policy booklet. If you have any other questions or concerns, please call Loyalty at 844-556-4762 so we can provide further assistance, as needed.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

I took the car in for the engine light and I ended up having 1,000 things wrong with it. I called and started the claim and then, the repair shop contacted Protect My Car. It was very difficult because most of the stuff that was wrong with the vehicle wasn't covered. They should have more coverage for used vehicles as well as rental car reimbursement. I had to get into a rental and I submitted all my paperwork, and they told me they only cover for three days. The rental was $58 a day and I still I haven't gotten anything back from Protect My Car.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are happy that one of our specialists was able to reach out to you to provide feedback regarding your review. If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to call our Loyalty department at 844-556-4762. Thank you for being a valued Protect My Car customer.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

Protect My Car is good. I got off with a bumpy start, but it's understandable. It was my first time filing a claim. It was for the CV axle. They needed me to send in proof that I maintain my car. It was so stressful because the place that I took it to, which is supposed to be a big place, Big O Tires, didn’t put mileage on the paper so my car wasn’t being fixed. I’m a full-time student, and I was without a car for a while. I had to go back to the place to tell them they didn’t put the mileage. They had to write out something with their letterhead showing that one of their employees messed it up and didn't put the mileage on there, that I brought my car there to get fixed. I felt they were not trusting my word.

When I filed a claim the second time, I didn't have any issues. I didn’t have to go through anything. The people there messed up, but they didn't stress me out. The shop called in the claim, spoke with someone and got an authorization but found something else and fixed it, too then called back. They took three weeks going back and forth but Protect My Car went on and paid for it.

I got my payment set up for auto pay before the date that I wanted it. I wanted them to take it out on the 1st, but my due date is due at the end of the month. They won't change it. I don't like that I have to keep calling instead of them being able to change it to the 1st. That wasn't explained to me when I got it. If it would have been explained to me, I would have waited till the 1st to call back because I knew that that's the day I wanted it.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for any delay that you experienced. We do keep with industry-standard coverage requirements. These requirements are that every customer maintains and services their vehicles following the manufacturer's guidelines, with verifiable receipts. During your policy purchase, this information is addressed in the Recap and outlined in your policy booklet. We are delighted to have been able to help you with the repair of your vehicle. And look forward to being there for you when you need us. If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to call our Loyalty department at 844-556-4762. Thank you for being a valued Protect My Car customer.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

If you break down, Protect My Car is always there to fix your car if anything goes wrong with it. I don't believe in getting shady mechanics so I like to bring my car to a shop, and Protect My Car has been protecting me. Everybody treats you nice. They’re fair and get you up and rolling. They don't hesitate on doing their job, which is why I like Protect My Car. People should get it and go with it. The service saves money.

Protect My Car response

Our primary goal is to give every policy holder good peace of mind. Great rates, towing, rental car benefits, oil Changes, fast claims processing and the personal touch are just some of the ways we help provide good peace of mind. Best of all, when you do have a problem, it’s nice to know that with one phone call you can get towed in, activate rental car benefits, and get fast, efficient claims service. That’s what we call good peace of mind. Thank you so very much for your comments.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

I'm satisfied except with how we have to call and try to get somebody on line to make a claim. For the last claim I made, the mechanic and I were on the line for two hours. Also, if I could get a list of mechanics that accepts their services, that would also work. A lot of companies haven't heard of it and they don't know what it is. They don't have time to call Protect My Car and be on hold for extended periods of time just so I get the discount.

Other than that, the quality of service is fine. I got my oil changed already and I'm looking forward to get my second one when I need it. I tell a lot of people about Protect My Car, and a lot of people don't know what it is. I explain it to them, and they would be intrigued about it.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2022

Protect My Car is a good service and they’re convenient as far as helping me with my repairs. They helped me with a good amount the last time. I went and got my car repaired last month. So, I have no complaints. I've been with them for some years. I had a control arm and there was some other piece they had repaired too. They've also covered one of my oil changes. It’s always good when speaking to someone. They called right before the repair to make sure and informed me how much they were covering and how much I would have to cover. They made it smooth with the dealership. So, that was awesome. I would recommend Protect My Car. They're very reliable even if you have a newer car. They have been good with my grandmother too.

Protect My Car response
Thank you very much for your comments and nice thoughts. We do stand behind every customer and contract and go out of our way to not only save our customers money in repair costs, but also make the break down easier to handle so we can get you back on the road and back to your life.

Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2022

I'm satisfied with the service and it's a good experience with Protect My Car. The warranty is decent and fair. I don't have any problems with the warranty itself. But I wish there were a lot more people that would take this type of warranty because most places in Cleveland where I live don't take it for some reason. There's only one person that takes it.

Protect My Car response

Thank you very much for your kind comment. We make it our mission to provide outstanding service and needed help to all policyholders. We are very glad the policy, our staff, and our services have been of help to you. Your peace of mind is always our most important goal. Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is any way we can help.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2022

The reps were fine but it was confusing as to how the process works when you make a claim. Then when we did, we got some pushback. Protect My Car reviewed what was said to me and then honored our claim after that. So, it took a little bit of time to get our claim sorted out.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2022

I’ve always been skeptical about Protect My Car but it is what they said it was. I’ve called in two claims and I was just waiting for them to tell me that it’s not covered, because that was the experience I had three years ago. But they covered everything they said that they would. There were no hassles and the dealership had no problems.

When I had the issues, Protect My Car’s customer service was very gracious in helping me as far as getting into a location by way of a tow and then dealing with the dealership. I had no callbacks or anything that said they wouldn't cover it. Once I gave them who I was going with, which has always been the dealership, they outright paid for what they were obligated to pay outside of my deductible. All I did was give them the number. They were supposed to call and they took care of everything else. They did some follow-throughs to make sure that what the dealership was charging me for the half that I had to pay was what they were quoted. So, they were looking out for my interest as well. It’s been a great experience.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

The service with Protect My Car has been great since I’ve been with them. They take care of it whenever I have an issue so I haven’t had any problems. If something’s going to go out on your car, you don't have to worry about it, because they take care of it. You don't pay anything out of pocket. The only problem I have with them is that it's a long hold time. But it was never like that before. Now, I'm finding that you have to hold an extremely long time. It might be they don't have enough people to answer the phone.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments. We apologize that your wait time was a bit longer than usual. Please know that we are working diligently to make sure there is timely communication between our Loyalty department and the customers. We will work hard to meet and exceed your expectations. If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to call our Loyalty department at 844-556-4762. Thank you for being a valued Protect My Car customer.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

Protect My Car is 100% excellent. It’s the best warranty that I’ve had. All the people are very friendly and nice. I go in, my mechanic calls them up, tells them what the problem is and 9 out of 10 times, Protect My Car authorizes it to be fixed. The only bad thing is you have to wait on the phone a long time sometimes. But other than that, once you get through, you're happy, because you know your problem's gonna get solved. As long as they keep my car, I'm gonna be using them.

Protect My Car response

Thank you very much for your kind comments. We make it our mission to provide excellent service and needed help to all policyholders. We are thrilled that the policy, our staff, and our services have been of help to you. Please know that we are working diligently to make sure there is timely communication between our Loyalty department and the customers. We will work hard to meet and exceed your expectations. If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to call our Loyalty department at 844-556-4762. Thank you for being a valued Protect My Car customer.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

Paid on claim as advertised on 2004 Tahoe. Was very skeptical when I couldn't get towing to a shop around 5 miles. So I called to cancel plan but so glad Mr. ** answered my call because he took car of everything. Good plan worth having.

Protect My Car response

Thank you very much for your kind comments. We make it our mission to provide excellent service and needed help to all policyholders. We are thrilled that the policy, our staff, and our services have been of help to you. Your peace of mind is always our most important goal. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

Always takes care of the parts and labor that are covered by the contract minus my deductible. I have a 2008 car so they have helped me replace a broken window, find a tow service when I was stuck on side of road,

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

My front end of the car fell down and I'm still going through the claim. Protect My Car is telling me to provide information about the car and it’s been going on two months now. There is no communication but they’re asking me for payment. It has been a hassle and after going through what I'm going through, I probably wouldn't recommend Protect My Car.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We would like to speak with you regarding your review to answer any questions or concerns. One of our specialists reached out but was unable to contact you, regarding your review. Please contact Customer Loyalty at 844-556-4762 so that we can provide further assistance, as needed. Thank you for being a Protect My Car Valued Customer.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

Protect My Car is good but they need a different system to fill out calls because I didn't have my car for almost for a week when I should have had it maybe in three days. I would call and then, I would be on hold for two hours. I would take a call back, be on hold for 15 minutes and finally, somebody would come through. It was difficult to get ahold of somebody.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

This company has good customer service. They have good patience with me. I love how they call me back to make sure I am okay, while I was sitting in Pepboys. Two days later customer service called to make sure, I am okay and how the car is running.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for taking time to provide comments on your experience with Protect My Car. Those were very kind words, and we appreciate them very much. We take pride in exercising good judgment by doing the right thing, not just doing things right. Thank you once again for your comments. Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is anything else we can do for you.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

So far my PMC experience has been wonderful! Recently, I referred a friend and am looking forward to receiving an appreciation gift card. But simply was glad to help out a friend and I certainly appreciate the free oil changes from your reputable fleet partners.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your review and for choosing Protect My Car to help you protect your car and your budget. We appreciate that very much and we know you'll save a ton of money with this coverage. Thank you, too, for referring folks to us. We will treat them with just as much respect as we do you. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. Thanks again for the great comments!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

Got to repair shop for one thing, the shop found another issue upon diagnosis. Made the call to PMC. Not a very quick call but it was handled in a timely manner. Had the initial repair done and made the appointment for the next.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments. We are very pleased to know how much our efforts are helping our policyholders when they need that help. Our goal is to give every policy holder good peace of mind. Great rates, towing, rental car benefits, fast claims processing and the personal touch are just some of the ways we help provide that. Thanks once again for those great comments. Remember, we are still here to help again when the need arises. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

I want to cancel Protect My Car. I got ripped off and didn’t get the help that I needed. The information when I got the policy was not complete as well as the information I got by phone. The first time, they paid for some coverage but I ended up paying a lot of money just for a battery. They said that the alternator broke but the battery was not included. I understand if the use of the battery is on my own, that they will die in certain time. But mine was brand new and it died because the alternator was not working. So, that made no sense. They refused to cover it. So, I ended up paying $800 plus the rental.

I had a problem with the engine and it had to be opened. To replace the piece inside the engine, the gaskets would have to be changed but Protect My Car didn’t cover the gaskets. So, they couldn’t help me out. I ended up paying $3,000 on my own. I’m paying for insurance that doesn’t cover for what I need and the information that I got when I got it was 100% of the engine will be repaired. Then, they came out with something. So, I tried to cancel it. They explained again and at the end, I got paperwork which came with all the things that were covered and not covered. So, I put the car on sale and I need to cancel my policy immediately. I was on the phone for almost an hour before I did my policy and Protect My Car explained from top to bottom. But when I ended up needing the help, there wasn’t. I’m still waiting for my refund for my toll, which has been three months.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

Every time I have a problem, if I’m covered, Protect My Car covers it. Their service is great. They did my oil change, a wheel bearing and a master cylinder. And I got a transmission. But the communication with them has changed. The first year I got Protect My Car, they were on point. I call and the reps pick up. Now it's an hour wait or they have to call back. I have to keep calling until I get someone. Getting somebody on the phone is like pulling a tooth. The customer service is not answering my call like they’re supposed to.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

We like Protect My Car. I was skeptical about them during sign-up because I didn't know about the company. I was trying to talk my husband out of it but he did it. And we learned it's a good thing. We had to use them one time and had no problem. They got the wrecker out there as soon as we can make arrangement as to where we were taking the car. The wrecker service came and got the car, and took it to where we had designated to, which was Cloninger Ford. Protect My Car’s help and service was wonderful.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

I'm very satisfied with Protect My Car. They offer free oil changes and tire rotation a year. I've already had my free oil change. I know people who have cars that are nice and it'd be nice too to have an extended warranty. So, I recommend Protect My Car all the time.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2022

I saw Protect My Car on TV and it sounded like they were reasonable, and I decided to do it on a spur of the moment. The alternator went bad on the car and I turned it over to the auto dealer. I trust my mechanic very well and he told me what I owed after. He handled all that for me and Protect My Car kicked in their little bit.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2022

So far, the service is good. I had to use the warranty a couple of weeks ago and the mechanic said that it was all taken care of. They approved whatever it is that had to be done. Just try Protect My Car.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2022

I like Protect My Car’s response to the claim. The only problem I have is some of the things are not under warranty. With the air conditioning problem I had, one part was under warranty and the other wasn’t. It doesn’t make sense if you’re only gonna be responsible for part of something. And when you explain to me that everything is under warranty other than certain parts, I’d understand. But that unit didn’t make sense to me. Plus, I ended up paying a bigger part of the bill.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2022

When I got the policy, no one ever told me that my deductible was 50%. Who will agree to a 50% deductible, and I'm paying them almost $100 a month? It’s ridiculous to me. When my car finally got messed up, they didn't want to fix it. When they finally decided to fix it, my transmission went a week after I got my car fixed. They had me go through so many different things to get stuff from a year ago just to tell me they’re not going to fix my transmission. They had me get my reports from the oil change from the previous year. They told me that since the oil change a year ago, it was a suggestion to get my transmission looked at. But there were no lights so why would I think anything was wrong with my vehicle?

I canceled my service. Don't get it. It’s not worth your penny. The only thing it’s good for is the three oil changes and you can only go through the people that they have contracts with.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2022

The motor on the driver’s side window had an issue and the locking mechanism on the back door wasn't opening and closing. I wasn't able to access the back door on the van. I brought it to Pep Boys and they did all the legwork. They called up Protect My Car and the only issue that they had was the quoting part of it. Pep Boys got burned for a couple of $100 because they were quoted that they would pay for 800 and something dollars, and Protect My Car wound up paying only 600 and some dollars. But other than that, I paid my deductible. I felt bad for them, but at the end of the day, I got my vehicle fixed.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2022

The experience hasn't been the best. We signed up in 2018 and one of the vehicles I have wasn't under Protect My Car. That other company has pulled out and that left Protect My Car and the customers in a bind. Before you just pay half of whatever your invoice was and you were reinstated. For me, because my car is under the old warranty I had to pay everything in full and they reimbursed me.

I had some work done in February where it was $3,500 and I had to pay it, and I had to scrape up the money. It took them until last month when I finally received payment. That was because my husband and I ended up going to the Better Business Bureau. We have that same vehicle, we've had more work done to it, and I'm sure that it's gonna take a long time again. We're so over that part of it.

Other than that, my husband hasn't had any problems with the two other vehicles we have. He just had some work done on his GMC and they paid their portion right off the bat.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

I have to wait almost forty-five minutes to get through to an individual. I have wait for a person to answer my call. I ask if there's anything can be done about the call waiting. Please let me know if this how a paying client gets treated.

Protect My Car response

We understand your frustrations and apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We are aware that our call volume can sometimes exceed expectations, so we have incorporated many changes to manage our call hold times. There are instances, however, that we get a higher-than-normal call queue, and it can take longer than planned for a call to be answered. We will continue to work diligently to decrease the hold times. If you have any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact Customer Loyalty. Thank you for being a valued Protect My Car customer.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2022

I have my car at the dealership right now. I have multiple repairs being done. One is not covered at all and the other is only partially covered. Both are from what they call, "consequential failures". How convenient for them. The AC issue is the one that really irks me. In the process of completing a repair of an AC door actuator, the gear was stripped in the box because of the failed actuator. Of course, if one part fails it could and did affect another. But they said, oops that's not covered, good luck with that. Which is troubling because what about the next big repair?

Protect My Car response

Our management team takes all such statements seriously. Protect My Car makes every effort to assist customers with repairs to their vehicle, so there are seldom any issues with approving claims. We would like to speak with you regarding your concerns however, our attempts to contact you for further review have been unsuccessful. Please contact Customer Loyalty at 844-556-4762 so that we can verify your account information and get a fair resolution.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2022

First first off it was on weekend when I try to get ahold of him. I had a hell of a time trying to get ahold of anybody at all because they don't work on weekends even though our cars can break down on weekends. They don't work on weekends then set. Top it all off they didn't cover anything that was wrong with my car because of basic wear and tear. So on top of not being able to get anything covered you can't get ahold of anybody to find out what's going on. They're one of the worst places I've ever had in contact with and I do not recommend them. Their Ambassador Platinum plan is a joke. If it doesn't cover wear and tear and it doesn't cover pre-existing what does it cover.

Protect My Car response

One of our specialists reached out but was unable to contact you, regarding your review. Please call our Loyalty department at 844-556-4762, for a review of your claim. Thank you for being a Protect My Car Valued Customer.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2022

This company is a scam, when my car broke down they told me to take it to the workshop, after the claim is made they allege that the car did not arrive in a tow truck, therefore it was broken and that is why the policy does not cover it, they are cheeky.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your feedback on this matter. We understand your frustrations and Protect My Car takes all such statements seriously. We would like to look further into this matter; however, without more identifying information, we are unable address any problem(s) that you experienced. In fact, we don't even know if you have an account with us and/or if you dealt directly with Protect My Car. If you have some additional information that you would like to share and/or have us address, please call Loyalty at 844-556-4762 so that we can provide further assistance, as needed.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2022

Customer service was astounding and very informative and these are great people. Thank you Todd ** and Jason ** for your beyond the call of duty help on my policy and just helping me means the world too me.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your wonderful comments. We have shared those comments with Tod and Jason and to let them know how much their efforts are helping our policyholders when they need that help. Our goal is to give every policy holder a good peace of mind. Great rates, towing, rental car benefits, fast claims processing and the personal touch are just some of the ways we help provide that. Thanks once again for those great comments. Remember, we are still here to help again when the need arises. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Resolution response: Aug. 12, 2022

PMC is not getting it!!! I'm not frustrated, I feel deceived and lied to. Before I even paid for another rental, I made sure I called them to see if they would reimburse me. The rep told over the phone that, they would reimburse me, after, I pay for the rental. I have proof of the rep saying, out of her own mouth that they would reimburse me, for the rental. After I emailed the reimbursement dept. my receipt, that's when I got a reply later saying they would not reimburse me. So how are they holding up their obligations? They said one thing and did the total opposite. I don't know how many times I have to explain this. When you tell someone something and then, go back on your word, that is called deception and lying. In addition to, I did not receive any calls or emails from them trying to reach out to me about my review. If anything I've been calling and reaching out to them. I am currently looking for a new extended company that I can actually trust.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2022

I initially took my van to Jerry's Garage on 7/5/2022 and started a claim, because, I had no air and my windows had stop working. My van was ready for pick up on 7/7/2022. After only having it back for only 5 days, I noticed the air went back out again, so I called the shop and they told me to bring my van back to them on 7/26/2022....BUT, Before I took my van back or paid for another rental, I contacted Protect My Car to make sure they would cover the rental, because I had to take my van back to the shop. I was assured by their representative that they would cover the rental simply because, I had to take it back to the shop and that another diagnostic test would be performed and the shop was to explain to protect my car that there was a leak in the compressor that they had just put on. Now their reimbursement department and the manager said, they won't cover the rental charge after I got and paid for the rental.

I made sure, before leaving my van at the shop and before spending another dime to get a rental, that they would reimburse me back. They lied. By these people assuring me a reimbursement, that's exactly what I'm expecting to get back. If not my fault or problem that their representative lied or gave me the wrong information.

Protect My Car response

We understand your frustrations; however, Protect My Car does not mislead customers nor have unethical business practices. One of our specialists reached out but was unable to contact you regarding your review. PMC’s Management team has re-reviewed your customer’s file, and we found that PMC has held up to our obligation on your coverage plan. If you would like more information regarding your claim, please feel free to contact our Loyalty department for further assistance.

Original review: July 30, 2022

They owed me money from a job done 7 month ago and refused to pay; my car still hasn't been fix, because of them. Had to report them to BBB. Do not recommend Protect My Car. Only 1 efficient employee.

Protect My Car response

Original review: July 26, 2022

In the past 24 hours I have received 2 unwanted call. A machine calls stating they are replying to a request from me (untrue). Because it is a machine you have to wait to speak to a live person. That person states they will remove your number but since I got a call the next day that did not happen. I know there are good companies with good products out there. I have started a tracking list. When the time come I need that product I will get it from someone not on my Spam list.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your feedback on this matter. We understand your frustrations and Protect My Car takes all such statements seriously. We would like to look further into this matter; however, without more identifying information, we are unable to check our database to ensure we have properly taken your number from our call list. Please also remember that other companies are calling you as well. If you would like to speak with an agent to verify that your phone number is placed on OUR Do Not Call list, please feel free to contact our Loyalty department at 844-556-4762.

Original review: July 6, 2022

One of the things I liked about Protect My Car is that they don't have to hard sell. They answered my questions without trying to sell me on anything. And then they said, "Well have you thought about this, and have you thought about that?" It's a soft sell.

However, for my first claim, my car languished for two days because we could not get through the customer service line so that my mechanic can fix my car. I would drop the car off at the shop at 8 o'clock in the morning and I would pick it up at 5 o'clock and go home, and hope, hope, hope, and get it back the next day. On the third day, we finally got through. It was the first time the mechanic had ever used Protect My Car also. His complaint was, "I don't have time to wait for somebody." It's a busy shop and they cannot spend four hours on the phone. He was calling and he had his shop guys that were on break calling, and he had me calling, and it still took us two days to get a number. But once we got the number so the mechanic could start to work, it was a very easy process, and he was pleased.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for sharing your concerns with Protect My Car. We understand your frustrations and apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We are aware that our call volume has recently exceeded expectations, and we are in the process of incorporating many changes to manage our call hold times. We are glad you are with us and will continue to work hard to meet and exceed your expectations. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: July 1, 2022

I have a warranty with this company and they have denied my claim for a water pump. They say I have had a preexisting condition and I have not. Do your research before you go with this company. They promise to have someone call you back and they don't. My dealership where my car is have tried to reach out to no avail. Worst company ever.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with Protect My Car. We want to thank you for being a policyholder since April. Protect My Car makes every effort to assist customers with repairs to their vehicles, so we understand your frustrations regarding your recent claim. With the information provided by your shop, PMC Claims determined that the A/C concerns were not covered under your policy, and we apologize for that inconvenience. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact Customer Loyalty. Thank you for being a valued Protect My Car customer.

Original review: July 1, 2022

The rep was really nice. He explained what it would cost me if my engine have issues.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 5-stars and for choosing Protect My Car. We are delighted that our agents have provided you with outstanding customer experiences. Having a knowledgeable and professional agent who truly cares about your situation and gives you the help you need provides customers with good peace of mind, which is one of our most important goals. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: July 1, 2022

At first I was with CARCHEX, then I cancelled because I went with this other company since I found out that they were cheaper. But whatever the price was, they paid 50% and you had to pay the rest. So I cancelled them. This lady from CARCHEX called me back the second time and she said she could get the price down to 119 a month. She also said that 75 dollars down, they would do bumper to bumper. So, I went back to her because she was really cool.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the comments, and after a brief review of your account, we are happy to see you are still a valued customer of Protect My Car. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: July 1, 2022

A few months ago I tried to use my policy and I was unsuccessful and gave a 0 rating. And I was contacted and the problem was solved and I am very happy. I will refer this company. Thank you for your Help.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 5-star review and for choosing Protect My Car. We are thrilled that you spoke with Melodi and a resolution was reached to your satisfaction. We apologize for the inconvenience caused during your claim process and regret that you did not receive a stellar customer experience at that time. We are glad you are with us and will continue to work hard to meet and exceed your expectations. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: July 1, 2022

I was talking to the Protect My Car rep and he sounded good. So, he convinced me. The only thing is it’s hard to get ahold of somebody all the time. I tried to reach out to them for two weeks, trying to bring my car to get fixed, but I couldn’t get the claims department. All they do is keep me on hold, and all I do is listen to music all day. I finally got through a day before yesterday. They told me to just bring the car to the mechanic place. I gave them the Protect My Car claim number, and they would call Protect My Car so they could pay it and take care of everything. Once they get the car fixed, I’d be satisfied.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We apologize for any delays that you may have experienced and are sorry to hear you were disappointed for any reason. We understand it is frustrating to wait, so we strive to make every transaction hassle-free. Unfortunately, at this time our call volume is higher than expected, but we are confident that recently implemented changes will decrease the average hold time for better service. We are glad you are with us and will work hard to make sure we meet and exceed your expectations. Protect My Car appreciates any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: July 1, 2022

Protect My Car didn't do anything. They were horrible. I took my car to my dealer service and they attempted to get paid for three things that were supposed to be covered, but Protect My Car said they were not paying. They said it was considered some type of electrical service when it really wasn't. I canceled my claim right after that. It cost me $700 to try to go with Protect My Car but they did not protect anything on my car. So, they're a horrible company.

Protect My Car response

Protect My Car takes all such statements seriously. A thorough review of your account was completed, and we thank you for becoming a valued customer in January 2022. Every policy includes a grace period, and according to our findings, at the time of your repair request, your policy was still within that timeframe. We apologize for any misunderstandings and inconvenience regarding your coverage and non-approved claim. We regret that we were unable to keep your valued business, but please don't hesitate to contact Loyalty if you have any questions or concerns.

Original review: July 1, 2022

Protect My Car gives good discount and they have good monthly payments. It's a very good warranty company.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments. Helping you save is precisely what a good coverage program should do. We are glad to have you as a valued customer and are confident you'll be saving even more money in the future with this coverage. Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: July 1, 2022

I had some people before and they weren’t right so, I’m hoping Protect My Car is right. When I signed up, the reps were very professional and they explained everything step by step. The plans covered what I wanted.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 5-stars and for choosing Protect My Car. We are glad you are with us and will continue to work hard to meet and exceed your expectations. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: July 1, 2022

When I signed up, I asked questions and the rep answered them. I'm satisfied with Protect My Car and people should look into it. The payments are automatically coming out of my account, which is the easiest way for me.

Original review: July 1, 2022

I had Protect My Car with the truck I had before and before I needed work done, they were taking my money every month. As soon as it broke down and I needed work done to my car, there was a big problem. Now, things don’t seem to get fixed at an orderly fashion. There were too many things getting asked and I was faithfully paying every month. I shouldn’t have gone through that. They covered one thing, which was what made e stay with them. Then, I got another car after that and they did not want to cover that because it was a big job. It was a transmission job. So, I cancelled and went somewhere else. I will never recommend anyone to go to Protect My Car.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with Protect My Car. While we understand your frustrations, we do abide by industry-standard coverage requirements. As we do with every major claim, we requested service records and an inspection of the needed repairs, for both vehicles. With your first vehicle, we were able to approve your repairs; however, with the second vehicle, there were issues that even you did not know of before you purchased that vehicle. Protect My Car determined that we could not approve that claim due to those extenuating circumstances, and we apologize for that inconvenience. We regret that we were unable to keep your valued business, but please don't hesitate to contact Loyalty if you have any questions or concerns.

Original review: July 1, 2022

The rep was professional. He was trying to sell a product and did a great job but what Protect My Car sold was not what I got. They said I would get so many free oil changes. They said I could go anywhere that I chose. I went to three different oil change places and they said that they don't deal with Protect My Car because they never get paid. Making the payments for the coverage is not difficult at all but if you want to cancel it, you can’t. You got to write a letter and they wouldn't do anything until after they receive the letter. They want the mileage on your vehicle. I tried to call them because I have a billing situation and nobody will answer the phone. So, I'm not happy with them. You shouldn't have to do that if you don't like the service. It was a good experience until I got further into the thing and I saw all the pitfalls.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for sharing your concerns with Protect My Car. We understand your frustrations and apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We are aware that our call volume has recently exceeded expectations, and we are in the process of incorporating many changes to manage our call hold times. Also, we are delighted that you were able to speak with Melodi and get a more favorable resolution regarding the oil change issue. We thank you for choosing Protect My Car, and we will continue to work hard to meet and exceed your expectations. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: July 1, 2022

The reps at Protect My Car were excellent. They explained to me better than the other folks did and they let me know exactly how it was with the service that I'm getting. I was told exactly what I needed to know.

Original review: July 1, 2022

Protect My Car sounded as if they covered the most for the prices, that I got the better price for the value. One of the deal breakers would have been mechanical stuff. Protect My Car gave me a good rate for the majority of mechanical things being covered. I got the extensive coverage plan. The rep was extremely knowledgeable. Our conversation was more than just about the car. He showed me the benefit of selecting the higher-tiered package. He also gave me information about potential discounts that I would get. I had a good experience. I have recommended Protect My Car to friends.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Protect My Car. We make it our mission to provide excellent service and needed help to all policyholders. We are thrilled that the policy, our staff, and our services have been of help to you. Your peace of mind is always our most important goal. In addition, we appreciate that you referred friends and family to us, and we will treat them with just as much respect as we do you. Remember that for every referral that uses your name and phone number to sign up and then completes their grace period, you will receive a $100 referral bonus. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: July 1, 2022

Protect My Car had the better reputation. So, I picked them. The only experience I had was they gave me a free oil change. And I appreciated that. It went good. But it took a long time getting through to Protect My Car. The dealership asked me, “Will I hold on the phone for you guys?” Because they were waiting and waiting. So, the process was a little slow. The agent was nice to me when he got through, but it took a little longer than it should have. When we were finally able to get through, everything came out all right. Customer service was good.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for sharing your concerns with Protect My Car. We understand your frustrations and apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We are aware that our call volume has recently exceeded expectations, and we are in the process of incorporating many changes to manage our call hold times. We are delighted that you were able to speak with Melodi and provide additional feedback. We thank you for choosing Protect My Car, and we will continue to work hard to meet and exceed your expectations. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: July 1, 2022

I found out from my Toyota dealership that I don't have bumper-to-bumper. And I haven’t been able to get ahold of anyone from Protect My Car. They should get my policy in writing, not email.

Protect My Car response

Protect My Car management team takes all such statements seriously, and we understand your frustrations. We apologize for any misunderstanding regarding what is covered under your policy. We would be very happy to review your coverage, and can also mail a hard copy of your policy documents, but we do not have an address on file for you. Please call Customer Loyalty for further assistance. We will work hard to ensure we meet and exceed your expectations, and we appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers.

Original review: July 1, 2022

Protect My Car did very well. I got the best price and I appreciated the way they handled everything.

Original review: July 1, 2022

I used Protect My Car one time and it took me to a couple of places but I ended up taking it to my mechanic. He said it wasn't anything too serious. When I called, the lady gave me three places I could’ve taken it. The customer service has been okay. I have a claim now that I need to make with another issue that I’m having but I possibly need to take it to a Mazda dealer.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for sharing your experience with Protect My Car. We apologize for any inconvenience and urge you to take your vehicle where you are the most comfortable. We only ask that the shop agrees to take a credit card over the phone. We are glad you are with us and will continue to work hard to meet and exceed your expectations. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: July 1, 2022

When I signed up for Protect My Car, it sounded like a good deal at the time. I thought I needed it. But as time goes by, as long as you got it and you don't use, and I haven't used it yet, you tend to wonder if you really need it. I’m paying out a certain amount of money every month and I'm on a fixed income.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 5-stars and for choosing Protect My Car. We are always concerned that the cost of the coverage remains affordable for all our customers. Most of our customers are on a budget, and when you have a breakdown, the amount you save may actually exceed what you spent on the coverage plan. There are many options, and a specialist attempted to contact you but could only leave a voicemail message. So please contact Customer Loyalty and ask for your specialist to contact you regarding your options. We are glad you are with us and will continue to work hard to meet and exceed your expectations. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: June 24, 2022

My review for this company is mixed good/bad. First off… I have not once called Protect My Car and had to wait any less than 1-2 HOURS to speak with an agent. This is in itself absolutely unacceptable practice for any company and when it happens consistently week after week, it is NOT an anomaly that can be attributed to “unusually high call volume”, it represents company wide negligence and mismanagement. Full stop.

Secondly, when I was making a claim I had a shocking experience with one of their claim adjusters, “Kyle”, who attempted to deny my claim on the grounds that he knew more about the repair necessary on my car, then the certified fleet mechanic that was inspecting and repairing my vehicle (there are so many things wrong with this that I can’t get into discussion here).

Lastly however, was my experience with one of their supervisors “Jason **” who kindly and respectfully explained the details of my policy. He was very knowledgeable about the product, he treated me like a valued customer, and helped me to gather the information that I needed to allow Protect My Car to help me and honor their contract. If it weren’t for him, and especially after my terrible experience with Kyle, I would have canceled my policy. Because of Jason however, I’m hopeful to continue a good relationship with this company. That being said, my patience for waiting on hold for hours to speak to an agent is only going to last for so long.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for sharing your concerns with Protect My Car. We understand your frustrations and apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We are aware that our call volume has recently exceeded expectations, and we are in the process of incorporating many changes to manage our call hold times. As for the matter with the claims adjuster Kyle, we have forwarded your review to his management team, who will be taking necessary actions to ensure this does not happen again.

Also, we are delighted that Jason provided you with an outstanding customer experience. He is definitely knowledgeable and respectful, and we couldn’t be happier to have him at Protect My Car.

Original review: June 18, 2022

They provide free oil change. Three a year to keep your car in great condition. Also the company is very affordable for my 2005 Cadillac Deville so I would recommend them to consumers with older vehicles.

Protect My Car response

Original review: June 16, 2022

Jason ** was the employee that tended to my call and his phone etiquette was excellent. He was knowledgeable of the company policy and process of my claim. I would like him to be acknowledged for his excellent customer service.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 5-Star Review! We are delighted that Jason provided you with an outstanding customer experience. Having a knowledgeable and professional agent who truly cares about your situation and gives you the help you need provides customers with good peace of mind, which is one of our most important goals. We have shared a copy of your 5-Star review with Jason and his management team, and we're certain they will all be happy to read this. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: May 26, 2022

We put in a claim for a fuel pump and it was a long wait for the person to get in touch with someone, but once we got ahold of them, it went well. I'm happy so far. I also like the free tire rotation and free oil changes. It saves me some money.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 5-stars and for choosing Protect My Car. We are delighted to have assisted with your recent oil change and apologize for any inconvenience due to our current hold times. We understand it is frustrating to wait but are confident that recently implemented changes will decrease the average hold time for better service. We are glad you are with us and will continue to work hard to meet and exceed your expectations. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: May 25, 2022

I purchased my vehicle Aug of 2021. I started with PMC a couple of weeks after I purchase. They signed me up for the supreme contract since my car was only 3 yrs old and only had 43,00 miles (Practically brand new). They have been deducting the fee religiously every month since Sept of 21. Fast forward to now in May of 2022. I needed to get my oil changed and get the regular maintenance check. I made an appointment out of town because I knew it was nearing the time and I figured I get it before getting back on the road home and my service message popped up. I took my car to the dealership on May 18th and while they were doing the regular check they found some other things that needed attention. So the dealership Rep called them and was informed that I was covered but because it was over 3k they would have to send an inspector out. The inspector went out on May 20th.

Here is where everything goes downhill. First, they made up an excuse that they needed all the documents for any service I had done to the car. I informed them that this was literally the first time I have had to have any service done to the car. The dealership made sure everything was either nearly new or new before I drove it off the lot, and when I'm home I sometimes the car sits for days at a time since I work and attend school completely remotely. So the next run around was since I did not have service documents they needed my Bill of sale (I figured that was odd because they did not need it to sign me up with the service) besides that I was out of town. Who carries paperwork like that in their car? So instead I found an inspection report which was done a few days after I purchased the car which in my state my insurance company requires. This report has all my information the description of the car, the VIN #, and the mileage.

Once I sent that I called to check the status and was informed that the report would not suffice and that they needed the bill of sale. So I got the dealership that sold me the car to send me a copy and I immediately sent it to them. I called again to get an update on the status. The Rep put me on hold forever then came back on and said there was a problem. That when they signed me up for the contract I was given the incorrect contract and their system would not allow them to move forward with approving the service 1) because the contract I was under required that I have service documents so since I did not have any the request would be denied then 2) the excuse changed to the contract was wrong for the make and model of my car so they would have to get me signed up under the correct contract which because of the make and model of my car did not cover the parts needing repair. At this time IM LIVID So the contract that I’ve been paying on for the last 9 months was invalid and they would have to get me signed up under the correct contract. So this is the good part.

I told them I wanted nothing else to do with this company and I would be filing a lawsuit against them for FRAUD. If you read the contract carefully there is an arbitration clause that states any contractual disputes have to go through arbitration which is “non-binding” but these folks were so busy trying to get out of honoring the contract that they failed to realize once you deem the contract invalid the terms and conditions are therefore invalid and unenforceable so they just opened themselves up to be sued. And they have to refund me every dime I’ve spent on this now invalid contract. So now they either have to validate the contract and honor it or leave it invalid and be sued.

On top of that, they have been reported to government agencies for fraudulent and dishonest business practices. So I know I'm, not the only one they have tried to get over on. Now under normal circumstances, the arbitration clause protects them from having lawsuits filed against them but it does not protect them from being sued for fraud or being reported to government agencies that can sanction and bind them. DO NOT LET THESE PEOPLE GET OVER ON YOU. THEY NEED TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for sharing your concerns with Protect My Car. We understand your frustrations; however, Protect My Car does not mislead customers or engage in fraudulent, dishonest, or unethical business practices. We have also responded to your BBB complaint, in detail, and if you would like more information regarding your concerns, please don't hesitate to contact Protect My Car.

Original review: May 25, 2022

The reps helped me and walked me through the process. I was impressed with the way they talked to me, explained stuff and handled things.

Protect My Car response

Original review: May 24, 2022

The amount of miles on my car was 211,000 and nobody else will cover it but Protect My Car. I pay my monthly fee and just go to my dealership for free oil change. Protect My Car helps me every single time I need them. They are outstanding. They keep you informed. If you don't know something, they will make you aware. I was gonna cancel them but they worked with me to get a lower package on my monthly payment. It worked out. I’m satisfied and I won't go with anybody else.

Protect My Car response

Original review: May 10, 2022

The first time it took over 45 minutes for Meineke to get an authorization for payment. Then Meineke charged me for dealing and waiting on the phone. The second time at a different Mieneke the same thing waiting about 35 minutes on the phone for authorization for an oil change on both occasions. My car was done and I’m waiting for Protect My Car to answer the phone. This is unsatisfactory!

Protect My Car response

Thank you for sharing your concerns with Protect My Car. We understand your frustrations and apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We are aware that our call volume has recently exceeded expectations, and we are in the process of incorporating many changes to manage our call hold times. We are thrilled that you spoke with Melodi and received a satisfactory resolution. We are glad you are with us and will continue to work hard to meet and exceed your expectations. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: April 28, 2022

I got an oil change before and Protect My Car said that I should have gotten everything that I wanted to get done then. They told me that I should have gotten diagnostics on my vehicle but I wasn't prepared to pay that then so I didn't do it. When I got ready to do it, they faulted me for coming there that time and how I didn't get it done the first time.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Protect My Car. We make every effort to assist customers with repairs to their vehicles, and there are seldom any issues with approving claims. PMC completed a thorough review of your account and determined that your repair was not able to be approved due to your continued operation of the vehicle with a known issue. We apologize for any inconvenience, and regret that we were unable to keep your valued business, but please don't hesitate to contact Loyalty if you have any questions or concerns.

Original review: April 16, 2022

One of the tow drivers had a wreck and my car slid out while it was on the tow truck. I submitted the information several different times to Protect My Car and talked to different people but no one ever responded back. I've cancelled the subscription. They started out okay but as time went on, they became very lax. They didn't take care of the customer like they promised to. The supervisor tried to talk me out of it. She gave me a good explanation to why I should and should not. She tried to work with me to keep it. But I won't do it because I no longer have that car and no one ever got back with me. It was a mess.

Protect My Car response

Protect My Car takes all such statements seriously. We apologize for the delay in our response and thank you for sharing your concerns with Roadside Assistance. PMC will review the incident with the roadside company we work with to get a full understanding of the situation, and a specialist will contact you with our findings regarding the vehicle that was involved. Again, we apologize for the delay and regret that we were unable to keep you as a valued customer with your new vehicle. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything else we can do.

Original review: April 12, 2022

Protect My Car is full of crap. When I took my car to go get serviced, they wouldn’t even pay for the diagnostic. They would only pay for a piece that I could pay out of pocket for. They didn't wanna cover what was wrong with it. They said they would send me a check but I never got it. When I called back, they thought I was lying. The rep said they sent it and it was my fault that I didn't get it. There's one phone number and it’s always to that one guy. He’s very rude. He doesn’t explain anything. It was a mess dealing with them. That was the first company I ever have for an extended warranty and I've been so furious.

Protect My Car response

Protect My Car management takes all such statements seriously. Our records indicate that your reimbursement check was issued in March, and a specialist attempted to contact you to review your concerns but was not successful. We apologize if you found your customer experience with Protect My Car unsatisfactory, as we strive to provide the best service in the industry, and we are looking into the matter immediately. Also, we make every effort to assist customers with repairs to their vehicles, and there are seldom any issues with approving claims. However, certain components and items are not able to be covered due to mandates and regulations in the industry. We regret that we were unable to keep your valued business, but please don't hesitate to contact Loyalty if you have any questions or concerns.

Original review: March 28, 2022

I would often use Protect My Car now, because they pay everything. They rotate my tires and do my oil changes.

Protect My Car response

Original review: March 23, 2022

I signed up for the free oil change. That has been doing me justice so far. When I take my car to the dealership to get the oil changed, I just showed them the card. They call Protect My Car, and my oil changes are free. And every time I call, someone answers the phone. So, I'm happy.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 5-stars and for choosing Protect My Car. We are glad you are with us and will continue to work hard to meet and exceed your expectations. We also apologize for the delay in our response. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: March 20, 2022

I like Protect My Car. If something did happen to my car, I want that to be covered and mainly, I'm satisfied with what I got.

Protect My Car response

Original review: March 19, 2022

I took my car in when I got an oil change and Protect My Car paid for it. I love that part. The dealership told me I have a loose sway bar and I asked Protect My Car if it's not clearly broken but the dealership said I will have to change it, would that be something they would cover. The rep went back and talked to her manager. They said that unless it's broken, then it won’t be covered. They were helpful but I don't want to wait until something breaks off. I’d rather take care of it before it ever happens.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for sharing your experience with Protect My Car. We understand it is frustrating when everything is not covered as expected and apologize for that inconvenience. However, our policies are intended to help customers with mechanical breakdowns, which are almost always unexpected and very costly. There are instances that allow our claims department to approve a claim, but without an actual claim called in, there is no way to determine if the needed repairs are able to be covered. Please have your shop contact PMC Claims and even if the repair is not fully covered, we may be able to help with the overall cost of your repair needs. We are glad you are with us and will continue to work hard to meet and exceed your expectations. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: March 14, 2022

The packages were just as they were explained in a little more detail. My car showed that it needed the oil change. Brought it in, and it was done. Prepared my car, took care of it all from A to Z. Things happen. And there's a lot lighter on your pocket with Protect My Car helping you out rather than you taking the full blow.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your wonderful comments and 5-stars! Providing our policyholders with good peace of mind is one of our most important goals. We are thrilled to have assisted with your oil change. We are glad you are with us and will continue to work hard to meet and exceed your expectations. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: March 13, 2022

Protect My Car pays for the oil change. It was the only thing that I have done with them. As far as now, I like Protect My Car.

Original review: March 13, 2022

Protect My Car has been good to me as far as I've been getting oil changes and tire rotations. But I stopped at a Jiffy Lube one time and they were like, "No, we don't do Protect My Car". So, I went to a mechanic here and have my oil changes done. Sometimes the mechanic says it takes them a little while to get them but Protect My Car actually answers the phone. An extended warranty is really good and I like it. Protect My Car saves money in my pocket. I don't have to worry about really coming out of my pocket right on the spot. Sometimes I don't have the money right there to do all these things.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 5-stars and for choosing Protect My Car. We are glad you are with us and will continue to work hard to meet and exceed your expectations. We also understand it is frustrating to wait, so we strive to make every transaction hassle-free. But unfortunately, there are times when our call volume is higher than expected, which, in turn, can cause longer wait times. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: March 12, 2022

My car is a Mercury Grand Marquis, and it's 18 years old. So, I didn't want to get something that will be too expensive. Protect My Car was able to pay half. But it could be more. And the monthly fee was $70. So, I could live with that. I've used the warranty a couple of times. It has been okay.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 4-Star Review and for choosing Protect My Car. We are glad you are with us, and we will continue to work hard to make sure we meet and exceed your expectations. We have many options available for our customers because we realize that one size does not fit all, and we are always happy to do everything we can to accommodate each customer on an individual basis. If you would like more information about our other plan options, please feel free to give our Customer Loyalty Department a call. We would also appreciate any additional feedback on how we could have earned that 5th star. Thank you for being a Protect My Car valued customer.

Original review: March 8, 2022

Protect My Car is top of the line people. They’re great.

Protect My Car response

Original review: March 5, 2022

I did some studying and found out that Protect My Car was one that I liked very well. The only thing I used them for was oil change and the tire rotation. Those were great. But my warranty is for 169,000 miles, and I'm almost at that now. I wish they lasted a little longer.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 5-stars and for choosing Protect My Car. We are glad you are with us, and we will continue to work hard to make sure we meet and exceed your expectations. We know that one size does not fit all, and we would like to review other options that may currently be available for you, so call Customer Loyalty for more information and assistance. Please also call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: March 4, 2022

My experience with Protect My Car was good. When I went to get my oil change, it was paid for. The people at the dealership called it in and let them know what was going on.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your wonderful comments and 5-stars! Providing our policyholders with good peace of mind is one of our most important goals. We are thrilled to have assisted with your oil change. We know you are going to save a ton of money with this coverage, and if you have any questions about coverage or additional feedback, please don't hesitate to reach out to Customer Loyalty. Thank you for being a Protect My Car valued customer.

Original review: March 3, 2022

I had a pretty decent experience signing up with them. I told them my mileage number, how old the car was, and what kind of condition it was in. They also asked if I had any check oil light prior to it. It was pretty easy. But I’m a little dissatisfied because of what happened with my axle. It took a long time to get the part here. It came back wrong three times. But other than that, it’s okay. I'm pretty satisfied. When my alternator had broken down, I got my alternator fixed that day and I wasn't rolling with a whole beaucoup money.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 4-Star Review and for choosing Protect My Car. We are delighted to have assisted with your repairs, but understand how frustrating it is to have to wait on those repairs, so we apologize for the inconvenience caused by the issues and delays with your axle repair. Please feel free to give our Customer Loyalty Department a call to discuss any other issues that you may have encountered or provide additional feedback on how we could have earned that 5th star. Thank you for being a Protect My Car valued customer.

Original review: March 3, 2022

I'm very satisfied with Protect My Car. They give free oil change and tire rotation once a year.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 5-stars and for choosing Protect My Car. We are glad you are with us and will continue to work hard to meet and exceed your expectations. We are thrilled that you spoke with Melodi regarding the full benefits available. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: March 2, 2022

I thought Protect My Car would fix my car. They didn’t. They couldn’t fix it. The people they sent my car to tried to overcharge me on something that I didn't need. They wanted extra money for a new motor. They also said I needed a lot of stuff done, but all I needed was my transmission fixed. They didn’t do anything for me. Before you get Protect My Car, find out the real deal about your car. Because I found out that my mileage would roll back and my mileage wasn’t right.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for sharing your experience with Protect My Car. We work hard to make sure every experience with Protect My Car is a positive one and that the whole process gives you great peace of mind, so we extend our apologies for not being able to provide that for you. We make every effort to assist customers with repairs to their vehicles, and there are seldom any issues with approving claims, and we were disheartened to find the mileage issue. We know there have been many inconveniences, and if you have any questions or additional feedback, please don't hesitate to contact Customer Loyalty. We regret that we were unable to keep your valued business, but thank you again for your comments.

Original review: March 2, 2022

I just got Protect My Car and I've had my oil change and I didn't have any problem with it. I just wish having the warranty didn't cost me so much. I didn't know I was gonna have to pay that many years on it.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 5-stars and for choosing Protect My Car. We are glad you are with us and will continue to work hard to meet and exceed your expectations. A specialist reached out regarding your cost concerns but was not able to contact you. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2022

Everything is over the phone because they don't have a portal where I can go and check what's the status of my membership or things like that. Sometimes it's kind of difficult if I just want to check something. But other than that, Protect My Car is really flexible. The more mileage a vehicle has, the more difficult it is to get a good extended warranty and my car was 60k but they were totally fine with that. They were not looking for a brand new car. Also, I get a few oil changes, which is a big thing, and it covered most of the parts of the car. It’s a really good warranty.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 5-stars and for choosing Protect My Car. We are glad you are with us and will continue to work hard to meet and exceed your expectations. We are also working diligently toward providing our customers with a portal to view coverage and make payments. Until that is an option, however, please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2022

I decided to give them a try and it's been pretty good so far. I'm gonna stick with them.

Protect My Car response

Original review: Feb. 27, 2022

I've had one oil change since I signed on. The shop wouldn't honor the warranty because they told me that Protect My Car didn't pay. So I had to go somewhere else. The lady that I talked to said she's gonna have a review and have somebody contact the shop about it.

Protect My Car response

Original review: Feb. 25, 2022

When I signed up with Protect My Car, the rep was pleasant. When I locked my keys in my car, they took care of it immediately. I was out in the parking lot in front of Costco and somehow I had lost my keys in my car. I had my cellphone and it had their number and I called them. They got ahold of somebody right away and they took care of it and it didn't cost me anything.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for choosing Protect My Car. We are delighted that our agents and Roadside Assistance have provided you with outstanding customer experiences. We are glad you are with us and will continue to work hard to meet and exceed your expectations. Please feel free to give our Customer Loyalty Department a call to discuss any issues that you may have encountered or provide additional feedback on how we could have earned a higher star rating. Thank you for being a Protect My Car valued customer.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

I have used Protect My Car, one major time. Something was wrong with the motor. The Car House just asked me if I had a warranty. I showed them my book and card, and they took care of it from there. And it saved me a lot of money then. I just pay a little something for the dealership's internal stuff.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for sharing your experience, and for choosing Protect My Car for your coverage needs. We are glad you are with us, and we will continue to work hard to make sure we meet and exceed your expectations. Please feel free to give our Customer Loyalty Department a call to provide additional feedback on how we could have earned that 4th or 5th star. Thank you for being a Protect My Car valued customer.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

I like Protect My Car because they're very considerate. When I go to Tire King to get my oil changed, they love them there because they pay them right away. They're great so far.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

Everything is okay with Protect My Car. I haven't really done anything but an oil change. I thought when they do the oil change, they rotate the tires, too. The rep said that they don’t do that when they do the oil change. That’s separate.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 4-Star Review and for choosing Protect My Car. When you have your oil changes, if you are at a shop that will also include the tire rotation, you can get both done simultaneously, and we will take care of both costs right then. We are glad you are with us, and we will continue to work hard to make sure we meet and exceed your expectations. Please feel free to give our Customer Loyalty Department a call to provide additional feedback on how we could have earned that 5th star. Thank you for being a Protect My Car valued customer.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

The experience during sign up was good. We've used the warranty once and it was all covered because it was only an oil change.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

Protect My Car has been nice to me. I had the oil change. It was easy. Also, I referred my son and he got it on both of his vehicles, so they sent me the $100. And I recently referred them to my mother. She got the plan. So, I called Monday to see what the status was with the reimbursement, when they send the $100, and they told me they were working on it. It would be in the mail shortly. So, everything has been going good so far.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments and the 5-Stars. Providing our policyholders with good peace of mind is one of our most important goals. We stand ready to assist when the need arises. We will never change our willingness to go the extra mile to help you when you need it. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to let us know. Thank you for being a valued Protect My Car customer.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

They did very well with me. They answered me correctly. They take their money right out every month and there's no problem about it. I just had my car fixed a couple of months ago and they did what they had to do. Then, I had another little something they gave me another $250 for, that was taken care of. Everything they did was taken care of attentively. When they had to send me my rebate, they sent that. When they had to pay for the car, they did that. I'm satisfied with Protect My Car.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments and the 5-Stars. We are very pleased to have helped you with your past repairs and your budget. That's what a good policy is supposed to do. We look forward to assisting you again in the future when you need help. Thank you for choosing Protect My Car. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2022

I'm pretty happy with the plan I got. My only issue was I had to wait a thousand miles and 30 days. But I understand that. I used it when I got an oil change and the process was smooth. The guy at the dealership called them and faxed them a copy of the receipt. It was no problem.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 5-stars and for choosing Protect My Car. We understand your frustrations with the grace period but thank you for understanding why it is in place. We are glad you are with us and will continue to work hard to meet and exceed your expectations. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2022

The communication of Protect My Car with the shop is not the greatest and it's causing issues because I can't move forward till they move forward. So, until they make their decision on what they're going to do, I can't move forward. The more they drag their feet, the longer the car sits in the shop. The first issue, they covered. When I bought the truck, the instrument cluster, which tells you what the mileage is on the car, was not working. They were saying it has to work before they will cover the transmission.

I'm confused about that because they fixed stuff before without it. Because everything is based on mileage. I was like, "You fixed it before with the mileage that the shop gave you. Now, you're saying you won't fix it until you get that." Then, now they're saying they could send the shop an instrument cluster or the shop could order one and buy one. Then, when I talked to the shop a week ago, they still haven't received anything. They told me rather they guarantee we cover the instrument cluster, but they haven't said anything yet, and I haven't heard back from them yet.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for sharing your experience with Protect My Car and speaking with your specialist about your concerns. We work hard to make sure every experience with Protect My Car is a positive one and that the whole process gives you great peace of mind, so we extend our apologies for any communication issues and inconvenience. We are glad you are with us and will work hard to meet and exceed your expectations. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2022

The last thing I had was an oil change and Protect My Car paid for that. They've been good fixing my car. I've had people call me and they came with a long story about things getting more expensive. I said, “Listen, you're wasting time. I'm staying with Protect My Car.”

Original review: Feb. 19, 2022

When I enrolled, the rep was a very nice fella. So far, Protect My Car is working out fine for me. I had an oil change and the process for that went smoothly.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2022

The rep during signup was very helpful, and he was great. If something breaks down ‘cause something always breaks down on the car, Protect My Car will help pay for whatever cost it was. They told me the certain things that they cover and the certain things they don’t, and they gave me four free oil changes. That really stood out for me ‘cause I drive my car a lot. I use a lot of miles and I need my oil changed regularly. I have a Volkswagen Jetta, so I go to Volkswagen to get my oil changed. Protect My Car gave me the number, then I gave it to Volkswagen. Volkswagen called and talked to them, and everything was handled. That's all I had to do. Overall, Protect My Car is good. They've done everything they said they were gonna do. I have no complaints at all.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 5-stars and for choosing Protect My Car. We are glad you are with us and will continue to work hard to meet and exceed your expectations. We are also delighted that our agents have provided you with outstanding customer experiences. Having a knowledgeable and professional agent who truly cares about your situation and gives you the help you need provides customers with good peace of mind, which is one of our most important goals. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2022

Protect My Car was one of the first things that I saw when I bought my car. When I got it, I just stuck with it. It helps in case anything goes out. Recently I had to get a front wheel added and paid $500 for two tires and I forgot to check if they covered it. But I wish they were ‘cause then I could get all new tires. The thing I don't like is that it takes a long time to get through to someone there. Then when I get ahold of someone, sometimes, they're excellent. Sometimes, some of them are ignorant and don't wanna do what I ask them to do.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 5-stars and for choosing Protect My Car. We are glad you are with us and will work hard to make sure we meet and exceed your expectations. We apologize for any concerns you have with any Customer Loyalty agent and we are confident that recently implemented changes will help to improve your overall customer experience. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2022

Protect My Car had a decent price and there was nothing difficult about their signup process.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2022

When I was signing up, the rep was very good. I haven't used Protect My Car yet other than to get a free oil change, but I've been okay with it. I would tell people to give it a try.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments and for choosing Protect My Car. Providing our policyholders with good peace of mind is one of our most important goals, so we are delighted that our agent provided you with a great customer experience. We are glad you are with us, and we will continue to work hard to make sure we meet and exceed your expectations. Please feel free to give our Customer Loyalty Department a call to provide additional feedback on how we can better assist you. Thank you for being a Protect My Car valued customer.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

I got an oil change and they paid for it. Everything was easy.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 4-Star Review and for choosing Protect My Car. We are glad you are with us, and we will continue to work hard to make sure we meet and exceed your expectations. Please feel free to give our Customer Loyalty Department a call to provide additional feedback on how we could have earned that 5th star. Thank you for being a Protect My Car valued customer.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

The rep took care of everything. He was very nice and every question that I had for him, he answered it for me without leaving a question mark in my head. Even though it did get kind of expensive, he brought the price down for me to come, and they worked with me with my funds or what I had in my pocket at the time. So overall, Protect My Car did a pretty good job.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 5-stars and for choosing Protect My Car to protect your vehicle and your budget. We are glad you are with us and will continue to work hard to meet and exceed your expectations. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2022

I asked the people at Protect My Car not to take any money out of my account for the first of the month but they want to take it out on the day they want to take it out and they keep causing me overdraft on my banking account. If they keep doing that, I’m just gonna cancel Protect My Car and take my money back. Other than that, it’s been pretty good so far. I used them when I had a tire rotation and an oil change. They contacted the shop that I wanted the work done and then they were aware that I was coming. They treated me very nicely and Protect My Car paid it out. As my car gets older, I'm sure I'm going to have problems with it and Protect My Car will be there where I won’t have to come out of pocket with huge amounts of money.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 5-stars and for choosing Protect My Car. Our apologies for any inconvenience due to your payment due date not being where you need it. A specialist reached out but could not contact you, so she left a voicemail requesting a call back to review available options. We are glad you are with us and will continue to work hard to meet and exceed your expectations. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2022

The rep told me a lot of helpful things as far as say, if I'm in Miami and my car breaks down, Protect My Car is gonna help me get a rental and a room if I can't get back.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2022

I haven't got much done except the oil change that Protect My Car paid for. But that went perfectly fine.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 4-Star Review and for choosing Protect My Car. We are glad you are with us, and we will continue to work hard to make sure we meet and exceed your expectations. Car. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2022

I've had my oil changed and my tire rotated and PMC was right on it. The people called PMC and PMC paid for it. It went pretty nice.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2022

I had an oil change. The process with Protect My Car was fairly smooth. Given my deductible is set to zero, the provider had questioned that it may not be covered. But I called the support and they assured me that it was, and it went just fine.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments and for choosing Protect My Car. We are glad you are with us, and we will continue to work hard to make sure we meet and exceed your expectations. Please feel free to give our Customer Loyalty Department a call to provide additional feedback on how we could have earned that 4th or 5th star. Thank you for being a Protect My Car valued customer.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2022

The representative told me about what I was looking for and getting what I was looking for so that made me feel comfortable. I got a better deal with Protect My Car.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 5-stars and for choosing Protect My Car. We are glad you are with us and will continue to work hard to make sure we meet and exceed your expectations. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2022

Protect My Car was advertised and when I heard about the benefits then went on the website, I talked to my husband about it. I thought it was a good thing, especially for the near future. I had tons of questions and the representative answered those. I called Protect My Car as my car wasn’t starting due to the battery. But I ended up calling them back and telling them not to come anymore. I also got an oil change and it was straightforward. Some places aren't familiar with this warranty. But once I give them my card and they call Protect My Car, it works out smoothly. They don’t ask me any questions afterward. I just wish to have more oil changes. It appears that I need more of that than the normal driver.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2022

I liked the price of this warranty. I've used my card one time for something and it saved me quite a few hundred dollars. It was very easy to do and no problem.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 5-stars and for choosing Protect My Car. We are glad you are with us and are very pleased to have helped you with your past repairs and your budget. We will continue to work hard to make sure we meet and exceed your expectations. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2022

We had an auto warranty before and it wasn't very good. We had a $100 deductible and we couldn't afford that. We have a family member that had Protect My Car and he recommended it. So far, it's been good. We had oil changes. Then last year, the jeep was having a mechanical problem, and they recommended to put it in the shop, so my husband took it back to the dealer shop. Now, the dealer shop was the problem. My husband waited two hours just to get into the place and once he got there, the supervisor had an attitude, so the lady on the phone said that if he wasn't satisfied there, she recommended another place to go.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 5-stars and for choosing Protect My Car. We are glad you are with us and will continue to work hard to make sure we meet and exceed your expectations. We are delighted that our agents have provided you with outstanding customer experiences. Having a knowledgeable and professional agent who truly cares about your situation and gives you the help you need provides customers with good peace of mind, which is one of our most important goals. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2022

I did an oil change over at the dealer. Protect My Car covers only the oil, which is about $100-plus, but given that it's a Mercedes Benz, it goes by code and the code comes in multiple functions. They didn't cover the rest of it so I had to take a loan that was enough for me to pay for the rest of it for the job and ended up spending 600.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 4-Star Review and for choosing Protect My Car. We understand your frustrations with not having more maintenance covered. However, Protect My Car pays for your oil changes and tire rotation, while most vehicle breakdown policies do not cover the cost of maintenance or wear and tear items at all. We are glad you are with us, and we will continue to work hard to make sure we meet and exceed your expectations. Please feel free to give our Customer Loyalty Department a call to provide additional feedback on how we could have earned that 5th star. Thank you for being a Protect My Car valued customer.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2022

Protect My Car is $32 higher than the other company I went with for my truck. It was only $100 deductible with that company. But Protect My Car wouldn't cover my truck. So, I'm getting ripped off. But I did get my oil changed and they paid for it. If I have a break down or have a flat tire, they'll fix it. So, that's kind of comforting.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments and for choosing Protect My Car. Our apologies for any concerns regarding the cost of your coverage. We are delighted that you spoke with Melodi to review options that can help your budget. We are glad you are with us and will continue to work hard to meet and exceed your expectations. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2022

The reps were helpful. But there were a couple of times that Protect My Car didn't honor what I was doing because I didn't call them and let them know what I was doing. That's wrong because I needed my vehicle to go back and forth to work.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Protect My Car. We are delighted that our agents have provided you with outstanding customer experiences and apologize if there was any inconvenience with getting assistance for repairs. In addition, a specialist reached out recently to ensure your concerns are properly addressed but could only leave a voicemail requesting that you call her back. Thank you for choosing Protect My Car. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2022

Protect My Car offered me a good deal. The reps were helpful and answered all my questions. Also, they came through with the free oil changes and tire rotations. They've covered it all. I was satisfied until I read a few of the stipulations. I got to follow the manufacturer’s book on changing the oils and everything. If it says change the transmission fluid or have the radiator flush, just at 100,000 miles, I have to do that. But I have to do that at a dealer.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for sharing your experience with Protect My Car. Our policies are intended to help customers with mechanical breakdowns, which are almost always unexpected and very costly. And, while we understand your frustrations and dissatisfaction, we do keep with industry-standard coverage requirements that every customer maintains and services their vehicles in accordance with the manufacturer's guidelines. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you for choosing Protect My Car and for your comments.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2022

My system went out and I need to use Protect My Car. I used them for an oil change and that went all right. It's just hard to get them on the phone from time to time. My air conditioner went out early when I first got the warranty and I took it to a company. Protect My Car paid part of the cost and I paid the rest. On the whole, I like the warranty being there when I need it.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 5-stars and for choosing Protect My Car. We are aware that our call volume can sometimes exceed expectations and are confident that recently implemented changes will decrease the average hold time for better service. We are glad you are with us and will continue to work hard to make sure we meet and exceed your expectations. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

It's been good so far with Protect My Car.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 4-Star Review! Please feel free to give our Customer Loyalty Department a call to discuss any issues that you may have encountered and/or how we could have earned that 5th star.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

The only thing I was disappointed about was that they said they have a rewards program. It took me forever to find it and when I found it, I was under the impression that I could buy things straight with the rewards I had. But it's not. I have to use so many reward points and get so many dollars off at something. Also, there were some things that were weird that they wouldn't pay for. They paid for the cheapest part instead of putting an unlimited warranty. If the thing broke again, they would have to pay for it all over again. Other than that, we had a good experience with them.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 4-Star Review and for choosing Protect My Car. We are glad you are with us, and we will work hard to make sure we meet and exceed your expectations. We apologize for any inconvenience concerning your PMC Rewards. It's actually a great savings tool to help those of us on a budget. We regret that we were unable to keep your valued business, but please don't hesitate to contact Customer Loyalty if you have any questions or concerns.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

It's a really good warranty program. I've used it for my oil changes and the process was pretty easy. Although the people that do the oil change don't know how to put it in their system, because sometimes, they find me in their system and other times, either I or they have to call.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your wonderful comments and 5-stars! Providing our policyholders with good peace of mind is one of our most important goals. We are thrilled to have assisted with your oil change. We know you are going to save a ton of money with this coverage, and if you have any questions about coverage, please don't hesitate to reach out to Customer Loyalty. Thank you for being a Protect My Car valued customer.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2022

I took the car to the shop to get the oil changed. They said that it needed some tires and some other parts. Protect My Car said they don't do that and it was gonna come out of my pocket. But when I changed the oil at Gene Messer Chevrolet America, I didn't have a problem with them.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments and the 5-stars. We apologize for any delays that you may have experienced while getting that first oil change, but we know you are going to save a ton of money with this coverage. If you have any questions about coverage, please don't hesitate to reach out to Customer Loyalty. Thank you for being a Protect My Car valued customer.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2022

The reps were great and explained everything. Somebody asked me about Protect My Car before, and I told them that they’re a good company to go through. People should go ahead and accept it.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments and the 5-Stars. It means a lot to us to know our hard work pays off. Thank you for choosing Protect My Car.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

I called Protect My Car and the guy there had to call me back because the connection wasn't real good. He did that in less than 10 minutes. He did a good job of explaining things to me. I told him that I preferred him sending something out so I could read it. He sent a book out about the policy. My son and I read that but we both missed something. When I bought the policy, I was to have it for a month and put 1,000 miles on the odometer from the purchase mileage then they'll start covering.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 4-Star Review and for choosing Protect My Car. We are delighted that our agents have provided you with outstanding customer experiences. Having a knowledgeable and professional agent who truly cares about your situation and gives you the help you need provides customers with good peace of mind, which is one of our most important goals. If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact Customer Loyalty. Thank you for being a valued Protect My Car customer.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2022

The sign up process was very easy. I called and the reps were very nice and did an amazing job.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 5-stars and for choosing Protect My Car. We are glad you are with us, and we will continue to work hard to make sure we meet and exceed your expectations. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

Dealing with the reps was very pleasant. They were very informative, accurate and all the questions I wanted to know, they were very on point and answered everything specifically. I didn't know I'd get oil changes too with the policy, and the rep told me how many I received. I took my car a couple weeks ago and gave the dealership the number, and the rep was right. They covered the oil change.