Protect My Car

4.2/5 (619 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free
Protect My Car

About Protect My Car

Protect My Car is a premier vehicle service provider that states its goal is to “change the game” with advisors who place the customer first and help minimize uncertainty from unexpected costly repairs. The company states that it aims to provide a hassle-free claims process and ongoing customer service.

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect My Car?

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

I've been a Service Advisor for over a decade. I graduated to Service Specialist over a year ago. Let me tell you... When I say this is the best warranty contractor in the market, I mean it. They cover what they say they will. Easy to file a claim. Easy to process payment. Zero opposition while asking for coverage or rental. The staff & their customer service performances are 2nd to none. Elbert ** is the most considerate & professional agent I've worked with when helping a customer get back in their vehicle. I would not search for another warranty provider beyond their products & services!

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2022

My wife’s car had some problems and it's a one-owner, so she's the only one having it and it’s well-kept. We used Protect My Car and the only issue that we had was getting somebody on the phone to pursue the claim because the dealership didn't like to sit on the phone and do that. But I used to be a service provider once so, I know how it is to be sitting on the phone and waiting. You have to wait and some people you get are impatient. Sometimes, we’d be working out there and then, we’d have to take time out to relieve ourselves from our job and call. But after we got over the issues about contacting Protect My Car, everything went okay and everything is well with the vehicle right now. Things happen in life and that’s the way it is. I’ve been there and I understand.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2022

For almost two months now, the rep handling the claim, Michael was not responsive. When I emailed him, the system is telling me the email is undeliverable. I have the document he requested from me but I can't send it back to him because his email is not working. Every time I call them, I'm on hold for the longest. I'm unhappy with them. Don't do this warranty. My car is in the shop and I gotta go through all these hoops just to get what I've been paying for.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2022

I took my car in for an air conditioner issue and I called Protect My Car. I got everything over to them and they had to pay us whatever was left of the bill.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

Protect My Car is a great company. They’re fast and accurate. Without them, I wouldn't be able to afford to keep the maintenance on this car. I’m glad I made the switch. It was a good move for me. I recommend them to anybody that needs a warranty. Anybody that’s got a vehicle on the road should go with Protect My Car. I will stay with them for the life of my car.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

I called and signed up with Protect My Car. Mine is a 2005 one and that's why I kept my warranty there because I can't afford a new car. I'm happy with Protect My Car. I only wish they do shocks and brakes. Other than that, I would recommend the warranty. I have a place that I go to that takes care of things and they've done a good job.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

I have two vehicles and both are covered with Protect My Car. I’ve been with them for over 10 years now. I had an experience with one of their representatives not too long ago, and it was horrible. I even had to escalate it to a supervisor. My car was in the shop and there was a miscommunication between what I should have known as the customer and the expectation that should have been set by the representative. It took almost three weeks. The representative never called me. But since then, I've had to get repairs done and Protect My Car has made it right. The most recent claim that I just did only took a day. Normally, it takes a day. Your car goes to the shop, they order the part, and Protect My Car submits the payment immediately.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

Protect My Car called me out of nowhere and they were the only place that ever called me that was there to help with paying for fixing up cars. My experience has been good so far. They helped me with my car at one point when I needed it. Customer service is nice too and it's not hard to get ahold of them. I've recommended Protect My car to other people.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

I ran into a problem with Protect My Car because I needed to do a car repair. The problem was my whole transmission broke. At first, Protect My Car didn't want to pay for the services because I didn't have any documentation. I told them when it came to oil changes, I would do those myself. We talked things through and resolved the issue. They were good and I recommend them to other people.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

I’m liking Protect My Car. I would recommend them. When I've needed them, I haven't had a problem getting help with them providing their part.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

I went with this company because of their vision, values, & mission statement. But when I really needed my coverage I realized it was all a lie. They found any reason to deny my claim so they wouldn’t have to pay. I provided all of my receipts to show I keep up with maintenance on my truck. When they couldn’t use that as a reason they tried to say I’m being denied because I failed to protect my vehicle because I took my vehicle to the shop as soon as the check engine light came on. My check engine light was not even on for a good 10 min before I arrived at the shop. The agent said I should’ve pulled over and called a tow truck. I was not in a safe area to pull over and in order to get to a place where I could pull over I would’ve had to drive further than where the shop was. They said I caused further damage because I didn’t pull over and call a tow truck. Mind you from the time the light came on and by the time I got to the shop I didn’t even drive 3 miles.

My adjuster Zachary was very rude and showed no compassion. Nor did he even try to listen to understand what he was saying made no sense, because if I went by his logic I would’ve had to drive the vehicle further which would’ve caused more damage if we’re going by his logic. This company just want to take your money, and when you need them they leave you high and dry. I wish I would’ve did more searching and read reviews before I signed up with them, because now I feel like they are crooks.

I will not let this issue rest and I will do everything in my power to let the world know to stay away from Protect My Car, because they will not protect you. They’re just going to take your money and deny your claim when you need them. Mind you if they really looked into the issue I was having they would see that the lifters on a Dodge Ram are a problem. Now I can’t get in touch with my agent, and I just get the run around when I call customer service. After I sit on hold for an hour just to speak to someone. I would give 0 stars if I could.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

I took the car in for the engine light and I ended up having 1,000 things wrong with it. I called and started the claim and then, the repair shop contacted Protect My Car. It was very difficult because most of the stuff that was wrong with the vehicle wasn't covered. They should have more coverage for used vehicles as well as rental car reimbursement. I had to get into a rental and I submitted all my paperwork, and they told me they only cover for three days. The rental was $58 a day and I still I haven't gotten anything back from Protect My Car.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

Protect My Car is good. I got off with a bumpy start, but it's understandable. It was my first time filing a claim. It was for the CV axle. They needed me to send in proof that I maintain my car. It was so stressful because the place that I took it to, which is supposed to be a big place, Big O Tires, didn’t put mileage on the paper so my car wasn’t being fixed. I’m a full-time student, and I was without a car for a while. I had to go back to the place to tell them they didn’t put the mileage. They had to write out something with their letterhead showing that one of their employees messed it up and didn't put the mileage on there, that I brought my car there to get fixed. I felt they were not trusting my word.

When I filed a claim the second time, I didn't have any issues. I didn’t have to go through anything. The people there messed up, but they didn't stress me out. The shop called in the claim, spoke with someone and got an authorization but found something else and fixed it, too then called back. They took three weeks going back and forth but Protect My Car went on and paid for it.

I got my payment set up for auto pay before the date that I wanted it. I wanted them to take it out on the 1st, but my due date is due at the end of the month. They won't change it. I don't like that I have to keep calling instead of them being able to change it to the 1st. That wasn't explained to me when I got it. If it would have been explained to me, I would have waited till the 1st to call back because I knew that that's the day I wanted it.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

If you break down, Protect My Car is always there to fix your car if anything goes wrong with it. I don't believe in getting shady mechanics so I like to bring my car to a shop, and Protect My Car has been protecting me. Everybody treats you nice. They’re fair and get you up and rolling. They don't hesitate on doing their job, which is why I like Protect My Car. People should get it and go with it. The service saves money.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

I'm satisfied except with how we have to call and try to get somebody on line to make a claim. For the last claim I made, the mechanic and I were on the line for two hours. Also, if I could get a list of mechanics that accepts their services, that would also work. A lot of companies haven't heard of it and they don't know what it is. They don't have time to call Protect My Car and be on hold for extended periods of time just so I get the discount.

Other than that, the quality of service is fine. I got my oil changed already and I'm looking forward to get my second one when I need it. I tell a lot of people about Protect My Car, and a lot of people don't know what it is. I explain it to them, and they would be intrigued about it.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2022

Protect My Car is a good service and they’re convenient as far as helping me with my repairs. They helped me with a good amount the last time. I went and got my car repaired last month. So, I have no complaints. I've been with them for some years. I had a control arm and there was some other piece they had repaired too. They've also covered one of my oil changes. It’s always good when speaking to someone. They called right before the repair to make sure and informed me how much they were covering and how much I would have to cover. They made it smooth with the dealership. So, that was awesome. I would recommend Protect My Car. They're very reliable even if you have a newer car. They have been good with my grandmother too.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2022

I'm satisfied with the service and it's a good experience with Protect My Car. The warranty is decent and fair. I don't have any problems with the warranty itself. But I wish there were a lot more people that would take this type of warranty because most places in Cleveland where I live don't take it for some reason. There's only one person that takes it.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2022

The reps were fine but it was confusing as to how the process works when you make a claim. Then when we did, we got some pushback. Protect My Car reviewed what was said to me and then honored our claim after that. So, it took a little bit of time to get our claim sorted out.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2022

I’ve always been skeptical about Protect My Car but it is what they said it was. I’ve called in two claims and I was just waiting for them to tell me that it’s not covered, because that was the experience I had three years ago. But they covered everything they said that they would. There were no hassles and the dealership had no problems.

When I had the issues, Protect My Car’s customer service was very gracious in helping me as far as getting into a location by way of a tow and then dealing with the dealership. I had no callbacks or anything that said they wouldn't cover it. Once I gave them who I was going with, which has always been the dealership, they outright paid for what they were obligated to pay outside of my deductible. All I did was give them the number. They were supposed to call and they took care of everything else. They did some follow-throughs to make sure that what the dealership was charging me for the half that I had to pay was what they were quoted. So, they were looking out for my interest as well. It’s been a great experience.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

The service with Protect My Car has been great since I’ve been with them. They take care of it whenever I have an issue so I haven’t had any problems. If something’s going to go out on your car, you don't have to worry about it, because they take care of it. You don't pay anything out of pocket. The only problem I have with them is that it's a long hold time. But it was never like that before. Now, I'm finding that you have to hold an extremely long time. It might be they don't have enough people to answer the phone.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

Protect My Car is 100% excellent. It’s the best warranty that I’ve had. All the people are very friendly and nice. I go in, my mechanic calls them up, tells them what the problem is and 9 out of 10 times, Protect My Car authorizes it to be fixed. The only bad thing is you have to wait on the phone a long time sometimes. But other than that, once you get through, you're happy, because you know your problem's gonna get solved. As long as they keep my car, I'm gonna be using them.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

Paid on claim as advertised on 2004 Tahoe. Was very skeptical when I couldn't get towing to a shop around 5 miles. So I called to cancel plan but so glad Mr. ** answered my call because he took car of everything. Good plan worth having.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

Always takes care of the parts and labor that are covered by the contract minus my deductible. I have a 2008 car so they have helped me replace a broken window, find a tow service when I was stuck on side of road,

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

My front end of the car fell down and I'm still going through the claim. Protect My Car is telling me to provide information about the car and it’s been going on two months now. There is no communication but they’re asking me for payment. It has been a hassle and after going through what I'm going through, I probably wouldn't recommend Protect My Car.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

Protect My Car is good but they need a different system to fill out calls because I didn't have my car for almost for a week when I should have had it maybe in three days. I would call and then, I would be on hold for two hours. I would take a call back, be on hold for 15 minutes and finally, somebody would come through. It was difficult to get ahold of somebody.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

This company has good customer service. They have good patience with me. I love how they call me back to make sure I am okay, while I was sitting in Pepboys. Two days later customer service called to make sure, I am okay and how the car is running.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for taking time to provide comments on your experience with Protect My Car. Those were very kind words, and we appreciate them very much. We take pride in exercising good judgment by doing the right thing, not just doing things right. Thank you once again for your comments. Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is anything else we can do for you.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

So far my PMC experience has been wonderful! Recently, I referred a friend and am looking forward to receiving an appreciation gift card. But simply was glad to help out a friend and I certainly appreciate the free oil changes from your reputable fleet partners.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your review and for choosing Protect My Car to help you protect your car and your budget. We appreciate that very much and we know you'll save a ton of money with this coverage. Thank you, too, for referring folks to us. We will treat them with just as much respect as we do you. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. Thanks again for the great comments!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

Got to repair shop for one thing, the shop found another issue upon diagnosis. Made the call to PMC. Not a very quick call but it was handled in a timely manner. Had the initial repair done and made the appointment for the next.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments. We are very pleased to know how much our efforts are helping our policyholders when they need that help. Our goal is to give every policy holder good peace of mind. Great rates, towing, rental car benefits, fast claims processing and the personal touch are just some of the ways we help provide that. Thanks once again for those great comments. Remember, we are still here to help again when the need arises. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

I want to cancel Protect My Car. I got ripped off and didn’t get the help that I needed. The information when I got the policy was not complete as well as the information I got by phone. The first time, they paid for some coverage but I ended up paying a lot of money just for a battery. They said that the alternator broke but the battery was not included. I understand if the use of the battery is on my own, that they will die in certain time. But mine was brand new and it died because the alternator was not working. So, that made no sense. They refused to cover it. So, I ended up paying $800 plus the rental.

I had a problem with the engine and it had to be opened. To replace the piece inside the engine, the gaskets would have to be changed but Protect My Car didn’t cover the gaskets. So, they couldn’t help me out. I ended up paying $3,000 on my own. I’m paying for insurance that doesn’t cover for what I need and the information that I got when I got it was 100% of the engine will be repaired. Then, they came out with something. So, I tried to cancel it. They explained again and at the end, I got paperwork which came with all the things that were covered and not covered. So, I put the car on sale and I need to cancel my policy immediately. I was on the phone for almost an hour before I did my policy and Protect My Car explained from top to bottom. But when I ended up needing the help, there wasn’t. I’m still waiting for my refund for my toll, which has been three months.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

Every time I have a problem, if I’m covered, Protect My Car covers it. Their service is great. They did my oil change, a wheel bearing and a master cylinder. And I got a transmission. But the communication with them has changed. The first year I got Protect My Car, they were on point. I call and the reps pick up. Now it's an hour wait or they have to call back. I have to keep calling until I get someone. Getting somebody on the phone is like pulling a tooth. The customer service is not answering my call like they’re supposed to.