Protect My Car

4.1/5 (520 ratings)
Call Center Open
Protect My Car

About Protect My Car

Protect My Car is a premier vehicle service provider that states its goal is to “change the game” with advisors who place the customer first and help minimize uncertainty from unexpected costly repairs. The company states that it aims to provide a hassle-free claims process and ongoing customer service.

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect My Car?

Original review: July 23, 2019

The rep of ProtectMyCar did a good job of selling and it was a good idea so I bought it. I may have to cancel it because I bought a new car. But if I get to keep the car, I'm gonna keep the protection plan also. I bought a new Nissan Kicks, and it started out with my Avenger as part of the deal, and now, I don’t want the Avenger to be part of the deal because I may start using it to drive for Uber. So, I don’t wanna use my new car for that, which I don’t wanna put miles on it and it just make sense to get the Avenger back and use it. And so, I've already used their services and I think I made a pretty good decision because they have been very good to me. I've already recommended them to a few people. I've got a bumper-to-bumper, three-year warranty on my car right now. And when that ends, I will come back to ProtectMyCar. And I'd be happy to do that when the time comes.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments. We do run into situations like your frequently so please do not hesitate to give us a call when you get the chance. We can go over options for you to consider to make it easier to decide what would be best in your situation. That is all part of doing the right thing for each customer, so take advantage.

Original review: July 22, 2019

When they were explaining and telling me about Protect My Car, it was something that I needed and it felt like it will provide the protection I needed. The rep was very polite and was engaging in the conversation. And when I had a question, he answered my question. He was overall a good person. I've used their service once when I got my oil change. The place that I took the car was familiar with my protection plan. They just needed my number and said things that I needed to show them. They called and verified with no problem. It was taken care of. It has been good with Protect My Car so far and I have already recommended them to two other people.

Thank you for those great comments. We appreciate them very much.
We do work hard to make sure your experience with Protect My Car is a positive one and that the whole process, from choosing the right coverage, to making sure it is comfortable on your budget, to fast and efficient claims service, towing and rental car benefits, gives you great peace of mind. Thank you too for referring folks our way. We will treat them with as much respect as all our customers.
Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is any way we can help.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: July 20, 2019

I have a very good experience with Protect My Car. They did very good for me and I have no complaints with them. The quality of service was 100%. They were right on the money. Everything that I needed, they helped me with. I had an incident where my air conditioning went out and they walked me through everything. They told me exactly what I had to do. They told me to take it to where I wanted to bring it to and give them a call, and they took care of the rest. The rep let me know what I had to actually put in. He told me all the results of what was covered and what was not covered. He did very well on everything.

Protect My Car response
Thank you very much for your kind comments. We make it our mission in life to provide great service and needed help to all policy holders. We are very glad the policy, our staff and our services have been of help to you. With the summer we have been having, A?C is almost more important than the engine! Glad we could help get that resolved so quickly. Your peace of mind is always our most important goal.

Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out.

Original review: July 18, 2019

Protect My Car was so much cheaper. I got them for $55 a month, and I'm happy. Everybody else was reporting around $135 a month and more money to do what they do. Also, Protect My Car offers other services, and I can get the fifth year with them for free. They sent me a hard copy of everything because I’m very technically challenged and I don't use a computer. I did the free oil change. I went to a local merchant’s shop, and they called in and got the okay. I waited for not long at all, and I picked my car right up.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for those comments. That is exactly that we like to hear. In fact, giving our customers great peace of mind is our number one goal around here. Thank you very much for letting us know we are meeting that goal and thank you for choosing Protect My Car.

Original review: July 14, 2019

I have a few cars and it’s expensive fixing stuff. Protect My Car offers a good deal including a rental car service, while most companies don’t. I’ve only used the service to change my oil so far and it went pretty good. The reps were very helpful.

Protect My Car response
Those are terrific comments, and we appreciate you providing them. You are absolutely right. It is very hard for the average person to save for car repairs and hope you are able to save enough to get an expensive repair done. It just makes sense to protect your budget with this kind of protection.

We very much appreciate your choosing Protect My Car and for sharing your thoughts.

Original review: July 10, 2019

The people at Protect My Car were all professional, courteous and nice. I'm satisfied with what they gave me. It's excellent value to have. It was a great overall experience.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. It is very important to everyone here at Protect My Car that we provide the most professional service possible. We want to end each day knowing we have helped a lot of people with vehicle problems that could have ruined not just their day but their budget for months to come. It means a lot to get comments from our policyholders that let us know we are doing just that.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: July 9, 2019

Protect My Car had good reviews. Their rep was very knowledgeable. She did a good job because I asked a lot of questions and she answered all of them. So far, I've gotten oil changes done. I just took my car into the shop, told the people there what I needed, and gave them Protect My Car's number for them to call. It was easy.

Protect My Car response
Thank you very much for providing your comments on your experience with Protect My Car. Providing our policyholders with good peace of mind is our most important goal. We are glad we were able to give the help you needed and we stand ready to do so again when the need arises.
As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Thank you again for your very encouraging comments.

Original review: July 8, 2019

We’ve been maintaining our car pretty well so far but it was getting old, so we wanted to make sure that we had sort of an insurance for it. We did all the due diligence that we could. We considered an insurance so that in case something would go wrong, we would be covered and be able to take care of those issues. I am a business owner and I receive thousands of emails. On the particular day I received an email from Protect My Car, I saw something. I looked through it and it sounded good. They gave me an overview of what they were about and what the cost of everything was from that perspective. For me, it was a no-brainer to go with them. There are companies that say what they wanna do and not necessarily do it, so I wanted to at least try and see what Protect My Car was about. So far, so good in how they ended the bargain.

Their rep was very knowledgeable. She gave me a lot of understanding as to what we were purchasing and also let me know about a bevy of different things. She have me all the details to ensure I know about the different offers that Protect My Car had that I could take advantage of. That in itself helped me out to where I could move forward, know what package I wanted to get, and what I would then be expecting to have at a later date. One of the things that I had from her was about adding on different cars. That was big for me because I do all the business. I can, not only add one but add another car like a truck on to it. That was important to me.

I am satisfied with the package I got but I thought it could be a little bit cheaper. It was probably more or less expensive than a lot of packages that are out there, so I’m not mad at it at all. I think that because the industry is kind of saturated now when you’re trying to get to one’s dollars and cents, that it could be a little bit smaller. But it’s quality over quantity. It’s not overbearing for most people to handle, whether you are a business owner or you’re just a reckless citizen who may not have a lot of money. It fits right in that price point to where they can also have that insurance to make sure that they are covered in case something goes wrong.

It was a great and positive experience with Protect My Car. It was informative. They followed up. They did everything that they were supposed to do like being informative. They let you know what their offers are and not just hiding certain things from you. It was an experience that allowed me to not worry about any issues going on with my car or truck. I was also able to have something that was affordable so if something goes wrong, I’m ensured that at least 50% of that would be covered and I wouldn’t have to entail all of the cost. That's very important to me.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for taking time to provide comments on your experience with Protect My Car. We appreciate them very much. We do work hard to make sure your experience with Protect My Car is a positive one and that the whole process, from choosing the right coverage, to making sure it is comfortable on your budget, to fast and efficient claims service, towing and rental car benefits, gives you great peace of mind.

Thank you once again for your comments. Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is anything else we can do for you.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I wanted to have a little extra warranty for my car and my mom told me about Protect My Car. Their rep was very nice, helpful and knowledgeable about the product he was trying to sell. He helped me pick the right one for my budget that will have more protection for my car. One time, I took my car to the shop and the shop sent over all the information that was wrong with my car. Protect My Car then sent the paperwork back for allowing the mechanic to fix it. They paid half and I paid them the other half. It was all handled in that one interaction. I had a good experience and I know that if anything happens to my car, I’m able to call and get help from them.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for those comments. We appreciate your being part of the Protect My Car family. We are very glad the coverage has helped you with your repairs and has saved you so much money. THat is what the coverage is all about.

Thanks again for taking time to provide your comments.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

As a service they are good, the customer service is good except for the fact they don't like it when I tried to cancel my policy. I told them I did not have a job and they still tried to get me to stay. They don't care if you have the money and it is very frustrating to deal with that. And they made me feel bad about it.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We regret that you felt it was difficult to cancel the coverage. We know from the thousands of customers who have the same issue you did that giving up coverage when you have financial issues an make them worse when your vehicle breaks down. That's why we offer so much help to folks who are in that situation.

We do thank you for choosing Protect My Car. We look forward to helping you again when things get better for you.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Rude, terrible sales people. When they called and I politely informed the slow talking gabbing salesman that I needed to leave for work in a few minutes and I rather do this online, he hung up on me. When I filled out the form for info, I really did not want a phone call in the first place.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments. We regret that we inconvenienced you with the phone call you requested. Once you let the agent know that you had no interest in pursuing your request, he ended the call. We apologize if you felt he did so abruptly.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

The price of ProtectMyCar was reasonable and I like the deductible. I had to pay 275 or 250 and that was a decent price. Their customer service people were helpful as well. They all bear with me when I was struggling. If you got problems or if you cannot pay, they give you a break. They’re a very reputable company.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I was in need of an oil change and one of the services ProtectMyCar offered was an oil change. I started out and then I ended up needing them for real for but then they tried to bill me twice. I can never get a hold of them to get someone who will cancel. Somebody actually laughed at my face and said, "I'm not gonna cancel your policy," and hung up on me. I have a witness to this. I've been trying to cancel with them for a long time, but they haven't withdrawn any money from my account so I haven't been worried about it at this point.

You can't get a hold of somebody on a line, or they have to say they can't do that and they have to get their supervisors to do that, and then you wait forever for their supervisor. If you do get to the department that you need to get to to cancel, they take it personally and now, they're making it so shady that I don't want to deal with them. They got to let somebody cancel, and they certainly can't laugh in my face when I say I'm gonna cancel. I started the process probably in November, and I finally got a hold of somebody in January, but to no avail. They have not confirmed cancelling my account. They are legitimate and they will pay for things, like your car and it might or might not work out. You would never know.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We regret that you feel the service we provide did not benefit you. Based on the claims filed and paid, it looks like you saved almost $2,000, while the premiums you paid in were less than $150. Not a bad trade off.
We did listen to all the calls and could not find any agent who gave you less than the utmost respect, That is very important to us.

Again, thank you for your comments.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I went to ConsumerAffairs and checked out ProtectMyCar. I'm in California and they're in New York so I was really skeptical. I looked and researched and then I called them and questioned the representative, and I was satisfied with their answers. The person that helped me get the warranty was very informative and told me what was covered and what wasn’t covered. When I had to use the warranty, they answered the phone, and they talked to the representative at the shop that I went to. They took care of all the business, and I was really satisfied with them.

All I needed to do was provide my number to the dealership and they took care of the rest. They got a hold of my insurance person from ProtectMyCar. The bill was supposed to be about $2,600, but it was brought down to around $600. It was really significant. ProtectMyCar covered a lot and they did a pretty good job. I feel like I'm covered all the way around and there's nothing left out. They were very professional, knowledgeable, and very timely in answering my phone calls. I have recommended them to a few friends that have a high-end cars, like Porsche and Mercedes.

Protect My Car response
Thank you, too, for referring folks to us. We will treat them with just as much respect as we do you. Remember, if you referred someone to us who now has a policy we say thank you with a Visa gift card. Please let us know who you have referred so we can thank you this way.

Thank you once again for your comments. Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is any thing else we can do for you.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

The protection plan that I had from the previous company only covers 50% of the car whereas my protection plan now with Protect My Car has bumper-to-bumper service. They were very professional and friendly. When I had a problem with the car, I took it to the Audi dealership, they got with them on the phone. They figured it all out between the dealership and the warranty company. I didn’t have to get too much involved. Everything was really smooth and very easy. I would recommend it to people.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. Our primary goal is to give every policy holder good peace of mind. Great rates, towing, rental car benefits, fast claims processing and the personal touch are just some of the ways we help provide good peace of mind.

Thanks once again for those great comments. Remember the best part, too. We are still here to help again when the need arises.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I Purchased my policy July 5 2018. The representative really sold me stating everything would be covered from the radio to the motor (and everything in between) and I also liked the fact that there were perks with using PMC. When I received the policy Everything was not covered. My vehicle needed an intake manifold so I called to see if it was covered and of course it was not. I decided to cancel the policy. I have tried multiple times to speak with a live person. The recording reminds you of what number caller you are. I called during the day while at work pressing the option to get a call back (well that never happened before leaving work).

I called back the same day at exactly 5:00 pm. The recording said I was caller number 16. I did not want a call back so I put my phone on speaker and held on until 6:23 pm. Honest to God I held on until 6:23 then got disconnected. Before getting disconnected the recording said I was caller number 7. Can anyone please help me understand how this happened. I am furious. I was misled from the very beginning. The service in the cancellation department is terrible. "Protect My Car" you have to do better! I will never recommend you to anyone I know. I will try again tomorrow and I will also inform everyone I know about my experience.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. Although the manifold was not a covered component under your coverage, we did offer to do a good will repair claim to assist you. The shop you chose, however, did not want to file a claim on your behalf. You chose to stay with tht shop and discontinue your coverage.
We do apologise for the hold times during busy periods. However, our agents did try to reach you on five separate occasions without success. Although we left messages, we never did hear back from you.

Thanks again for your comments. We hope you find the help you need on the terms you find acceptable to you.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I joined PMC. 08/11/2018 My sales person was Anthony **. The same day I used PMC service using the towing service, omg, it was very bad - 30 min lead to 6 hrs but when I called to make a complaint I was saved by Chaz ** who totally impressed me how he went about it. He totally change my mind because I called to cancel. Chaz, all I want to say is that you are very professional and I was unprofessional. You listen to what I had to say and took matters into your hand, made a bad situation into a good one. Thank you, Chaz ** and Anthony **. I give you both 5 and beyond. Thank you. 0/24/2018.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. It is very important to everyone here at Protect My Car that we provide the most professional service possible. We want to end each day knowing we have helped a lot of people with vehicles problems that could have ruined not just their day but their budget for months to come. It means a lot to get comments from our policyholders that let us know we are doing just that.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: June 22, 2018

Signed up yesterday. Was suppose to get an email. Never did. I called today to see what I needed to do to use one of my oil changes tomorrow. I was on hold for over 10min. I had to hang up, called back little later and was on hold for another 10 min. This isn't going to work if I cannot speak to someone on the phone. I also should never have to wait over 20 min to get a rep on the phone. If I was brokedown roadside I would be beyond mad. Next call will be to cancel my service.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We do regret the ten minute hold time you experienced on that one occasion. We strive to provide quick and efficient claims service and apologize that on this one occasion we fell short of that goal. We do appreciate your deciding to continue with this valuable coverage and appreciate your continuing trust in Protect My Car.

Original review: April 24, 2018

My in laws have been telling us how much they like Protect My Car for about a year now. I finally decided to call them last month and I can totally understand why my in laws speak so highly of them. The agent I spoke with was so knowledgeable and patient. She did not rush me off the phone. She answered all my questions and helped me find a warranty that worked best for my needs and budget. I am so happy I finally decided to sign up. I wish I had signed up sooner.

Protect My Car response
Thank you very much for your kind comments. We make it our mission in life to provide great service and needed help to all policy holders. We are very glad the policy, our staff and our services have been of help to you. Your peace of mind is always our most important goal.

Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is any thing we can do to help out.

Original review: April 24, 2018

I did a lot of research on extended warranty companies recently and I decided to go with Protect My Car. They had the best benefits for the cheapest price. One of the benefits happens to be free oil changes, which I took my car in for the other day. It is so nice having one less expense to worry about for my car. They also have wonderful customer service. Every time I have called Protect My Car every representative has been so sweet and helpful.

Original review: April 21, 2018

I have been a loyal customer with Protect My Car for two years now. They have the best customer service around. They have always been so helpful and efficient. I recommend them to all my friends and family.

Protect My Car response
Thank you so very much for your comments.
Thanks once again for your comments. Remember the best part, too. We are still here to help again when the need arises.

Thank you for choosing Protect My Car.

Original review: April 21, 2018

I have had a lot of car warranty companies call me lately but Protect My Car was the only one that I did not want to hang up on when I spoke to them. The representative was courteous, respectful and very knowledgeable about their benefits. She answered all my questions and signed me up for a plan that meets all my needs. I look forward to the benefits I have with Protect My Car.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. It really means a lot to us all to know our efforts are really helping give our policy holders good peace of mind.

Original review: April 13, 2018

My husband and I were the first ones in our family to sign up with Protect My Car. We loved them so much that we recommended them to the rest of our family. Now our two daughters and both our son in laws have Protect My Car as well. All of us have absolutely loved the services we have received. The benefits have been amazing!

Original review: April 7, 2018

On our vacation to Florida to visit Disney World, our transmission went out on our Toyota Sienna. We made a call to Protect My Car and the customer service rep was able to walk us through the procedure of getting our van fixed. Protect My Car was able to get us a rental van while ours was being fixed. They really made the experience very easy and stress-free.

Protect My Car response
Thanks for those comments. We appreciate your taking your time to provide them. You are right, too. When that first big expensive repair happens, especially on a holiday or vacation, and Protect My Car takes care of it for you, that is when you know you made a wise choice to protect yourself and your budget.

Thank you again for those very encouraging comments.

Original review: April 7, 2018

I have had a couple friends recommend Protect My Car to me so I had to call them today. I just got off the phone with Olivia a representative from Protect My Car. She went through all the benefits of having an extended warranty and all the different plans I could choose from. She was very sweet, patient and knowledgeable. She was so great I decided to sign up today.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. It really means a lot to us all to know our efforts are really helping give our policyholders good peace of mind. Welcome to the Protect My Car family!

Original review: April 5, 2018

I had a warranty years ago with a car I had and having a ProtectMyCar warranty sounded like a good idea when the salesman gave it to me. But I hope my situation with ProtectMyCar was a bad representation of it because it was a week or more before my issue finally got taken care of. The mechanic said he hadn’t seen anybody take this long with all the one that he had to with this type of services. I also called about it and I finally got somebody who said that it was not how they do things. So, he took care of it that day and got everything done that day. So, I don’t know why he suddenly fumbled around like that and I thought it was pretty poor. I’m dissatisfied with that situation, but it’s a good deal if it works right.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We regret that the repair authorization took longer than normal for this repair. That was entirely our fault. We are glad the agent that assisted you was able to determine the cause and correct it right away and that you were able to save so much on that repair.

Thank you for being a loyal customer.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I am so happy. I had Protect My Car because I really needed it last month. I was on my way to cousin's wedding and I know it is silly but I ran out of gas on the highway. Protect My Car was amazing. I called them and explained how I was in a rush to get to the wedding. Roadside assistance came out very quickly with gas and helped me get on my way to the wedding. They were so understanding and helpful.

Protect My Car response

Original review: March 23, 2018

The ProtectMyCar reps have been helpful and have been doing good. But when I called, I waited for about four hours until somebody got to me and I had to wait a while to get a service. Then when my truck needed a fix, I needed them to pick my truck up and I wanted to take it to the shop at Deshler, but they told me they were going to charge me $40 for a hook-up. So, I asked them to cancel the tow a truck and picked my truck up by myself. But with all this stuff right, ProtectMyCar’s services are all fine.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments and the rating. Just so you'll know, we offer some programs without roadside assistance, since some folks have that available through insurance or another program. Your program did not include roadside assistance but we were able to get a discounted rate for you from $150 to just $49.
After that, we were able to move you to a program that does include roadside assistance so you won't have to worry about that happening again.
That's all part of doing the right thing for each customer.

Thanks again for your comments and for choosing Protect My Car.

Original review: March 20, 2018

Last week I received a phone call from Sarah a representative from Protect My Car. She knew my car warranty was about to expire. I had been doing a lot of research on extended warranties. Protect My Car was one of the two I was choosing between but Sarah really helped me make my final decision. She was patient, knowledgeable and honest. She explained the benefits to me thoroughly. I am extremely happy with my decision with Protect my Car.

Protect My Car response
We cannot thank you enough for the great comments. It really means a lot to us all to know our efforts are really helping give our policy holders good peace of mind.

By the way, if you know friends or family who might benefit from a policy, please tell them about us. We will treat them with just as much respect as we do you. Remember, if you referred someone to us who gets a policy we say thank you by sending you Visa gift card.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I'm dissatisfied with Protect My Car because I haven't got the results that I need. I picked the car up when the mechanic said it was ready and when I drove it from their place, it drove so smooth. I went to pick up one of my best friends from work and she went with me to get a couple of errands done. She said it felt like it used to when I first got the car. It was so smooth that she said it was almost scary. I dropped her back off and when I backed up, it didn't want to pull up. I had to creep all the way home going 40. It would not go any faster.

When I got to the light, the car did not want to pull off when the light turned green. There were no cars behind me but cars were coming up. I got my flashers to come on and the light changed back to red. I noticed the blinkers stopped flashing and that gave me an indication that the car had stopped. I tried to start the car up, but it made no sound.

I tried to get a cop's attention across the street and he said that I had to put my blinkers on because somebody was going to hit me. When I explained the situation to him, he said it sounded like I have a transmission problem and that I would have to drive it in gear two to get it to move because it was not taking other gears. People were also yelling out of their cars and I was outside, holding on to the car 'cause I'm on a cane as well, trying to motion people, "Please go around. Don't hit me." It was scaring me. I had to step away from the car because I thought they were going to actually hit me.

When I took it to Honda, they said it's the transmission. This is one of their product cars and when they checked it, they deemed that the issue was the transmission. I told them it was fixed in November of 2017 and they told me to take it back to whoever that person was 'cause they did not do it right. I've had to take it back four times but I'm still dealing with the transmission. My car is not fixed and I don't feel like I have anybody on ProtectMyCar's side helping me make the mechanic do his job right. I pay Protect My Car my part and they pay him the whole thing. Why can't they reinforce him to make him do what he's supposed to do? And instead of fixing the problem, the mechanic is finding other parts on my car are wrong. But when I get it back, it runs right back to the transmission.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments and for being a valued customer. We sympathize with the issue you wrote about. The shop you chose to use rebuilt your transmission and warranted their work. Tha coverage covered that repair. Since you had additional problems with the transmission after the repair was completed, that additional work was handled by the shop under the warranty on the parts and labor they installed.
It does sound like the problem was with the shop that did the work, and not Protect My Car that paid for the repair.
We have no authority to force a shop to do anything. We did assist in making sure that the second repair was completed and under warranty, but that is the most we can do.

Thanks again for the comments.

Original review: March 18, 2018

We bought our Dodge 2004 used and we never had a warranty on it. We bought our Impala a year old and it still had a year warranty or so many miles, and it ran out. I thought if something goes wrong, I'm going to need some help. So, when I saw Protect My Car, I called and I bought an extended warranty. It was easy to sign up with them. It only cost me $9 to sign up for the first month and it went into effect within 15 days, and I thought that was special. Not long after I purchased ProtectMyCar, I had something I had to do with the Impala so my husband took the truck to work. Halfway to work, the transmission went out on it just right in the middle of the freeway.

He pulled over and he had it towed here to my house and then, I had it towed up to my mechanic. I told my mechanic I have ProtectMyCar and he said, “No problem.” And so, the first experience started out good. It's a Dodge Ram 5 speed manual and they sent an automatic transmission, which took almost three weeks. So, I had no car then, no transportation at all and rented a car that Protect My Car paid for part of three days. The second transmission was sent and it was the right one but it was full of mud. He said that he had to wash it all off before he could even install it because it had mud cake all over the outside of it. Furthermore, ProtectMyCar is way back east and I'm in California so when I go get my oil changed at 4:00 o’clock in the afternoon it can't be approved because they were closed.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your providing them. Although we make every effort to make sure that the shops are providing the best possible replacement parts, sometimes it doesn't happen, as you indicated. We are glad we could make that right for you.
We are open until 9pm Eastern (6pm your time). If it would help with your next oil change, call us first and we will be able to schedule ahead to a time that is most convenient for you.

Original review: March 17, 2018

I have been researching extended warranties for a while because I knew my warranty was over last month and I decided to go with Protect My Car. They have by far the most benefits for the best price. They also have outstanding reviews on multiple websites I checked. I now understand why because I signed up two weeks ago and the representative Justin was amazing. He was patient and guided me through the process of selecting the right plan for me. I also had a million questions and he was extremely knowledgeable and helpful.

Protect My Car response

Thank you very much for those comments. We really appreciate them. We do work hard to make sure that with one phone call you can get towed in, activate rental car benefits and get fast, efficient claims service, all with low monthly premiums tailored to fit your budget. That’s what we call good peace of mind. We are very happy that our company, staff and coverage has given you that. Best of all, we will be here to assist you when you next need help with your vehicle. Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: March 17, 2018

The specialists at Protect My Car were very helpful and knowledgeable. They helped us decide which type of plan we would need by telling us what the plan consisted of and what our best options were based on our income. It's affordable and when we request services, the customer service would get back to us in a timely manner. We needed a service to my engine and we got an invoice from the service provider. We texted the information and Protect My Car let us know what we needed to do, what we needed to pay, and what they would pay. I got the quality of service that I needed.

Protect My Car response
Thank you very much for providing your comments on your experience with Protect My Car. Providing our policyholders with good peace of mind is our most important goal. We are glad we were able to give the help you needed with your repairs and we stand ready to do so again when the need arises.

As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to let us know. Thank you again for your very encouraging comments.

Original review: March 16, 2018

Two days ago on the highway I hit a pothole and damaged my front axle. I pulled over and called customer service with Protect My Car. They had a tow truck to me very quickly. The customer service agent was very friendly and helpful. Honda is currently working on my vehicle and everything has been very easy and smooth. I am very pleased with my service from Protect My Car!

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: March 15, 2018

When Protect My Car got in touch with me, their customer service had little tips so it was worth it at that time. One of the lifters in my motor was out and I was letting them know that it was going on both sides. But they wanted to wait and before it was even done, my mobile went out. I gave Protect My Car's number to the company that I had the car and they ended up speaking. They told me what it was and what they had to do. Also, I talked to a lady over the phone, I gave her my social security number and then from there, she told me about my plan. What I needed done was what was already covered. The only thing was that I never got the rental I was supposed to get. But I like the quality of their service. As long as people get the person with customer service who's really going to work with, they won't be disappointed.

Protect My Car response

Original review: March 9, 2018

A few days ago a received a phone call from Jennifer, a Representative from Protect my Car. Normally I am not interested in sales calls but she was not pushy at all. In fact she was very sweet, honest and extremely knowledgeable. She helped me get set up with a plan that works for my budget. It also has so many benefits compared to the other companies in the market. I have been extremely impressed with the staff so far at Protect My Car.

Protect My Car response

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

I thought Protect My Car was a good buyout for me. But as I learned out, there were some things about the extended auto warranty that wasn’t explained to me. It was Nationwide that presented this to me. The issue I had was not so much with the service but it was more so a misunderstanding. I didn’t know that it would only pay us a certain amount so even with that it’s still was okay but I should have been told in advance.

I had some work done. And particularly, at that time, my transmission went on a brink. I didn’t know that I would have to come out of pocket as for that as well because they only paid a certain amount then I have to pay the remaining. I thought I wouldn’t have to pay anything. Had that been explained to me from the beginning then I would’ve been expecting that. The reps were good. They were professional. I would tell a friend about Protect My Car. But I will also tell my friend to be careful because of something like that would happen with the transmission or maybe an engine. They need to ask questions as far as about that.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. That is good advice and we highly recommend that each person who gets a policy read the policy and be sure and ask us questions. While we go to great lengths to fully describe the policy before someone purchases it, that is no substitute for reading the policy during the first 30 day free look period. We are here to help you get the most from your coverage.

Thanks again for your comments and let us know if you have any questions.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

My experience with ProtectMyCar was okay. Their quality of service and the mechanic are both alright, although it takes them long. I'm trying to get them to hurry up and finish my car so I could get my back on the road.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We are happy to respond. We do not just pay the bill once the work is done. We make sure that the right repair is being done and that the the repair is done right the fist time. That helps make sure you do not have to go back to the shop to have work done over that should have been done right the first time.
We also do not have control over when a shop schedules the work or how long it takes them to complete the work. If you are experiencing any problems of that sort, though, please call us. We will be happy to assist in any way we can.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I would highly recommend Protect My Car. I have been with them for a year now and they have been great with everything. I love the free oil changes I get with my policy, it is such a bonus. Their staff has been so knowledgeable, informative and courteous.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We are very pleased to know how much our efforts are helping our policyholders when they need that help.
Our goal is to give every policyholder good peace of mind. Great rates, towing, rental car benefits, fast claims processing and the personal touch are just some of the ways we help provide that.
Thanks once again for those great comments. Remember, we are still here to help again when the need arises.

Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I am so happy I chose PMC over all the other companies I researched. The main reason I decided to go with them is their 24/7 Roadside assistance and I have used it multiple times since signing up. They are so quick and reliable.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for taking time to provide your comments. We appreciate that very much. We are very pleased to have helped you with the recent roadside assistance and we look forward to helping you in the future when you need help.
Remember, we work for you, not the shop. Anytime you have any problem, please call us directly and let us know.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

Wow I am so impressed with the customer service from Protect My Car. They helped me come up with a plan that fit my budget. I am on a fixed income but I have a friend that saved thousands by having their warranty. The representative was friendly and knowable but not aggressive like other companies.

Protect My Car response

Thanks so much for those comments. We know how difficult it is to pay for repairs while on a tight budget. That is one reason we encourage our agents to do everything they can to make the premiums affordable. We are very glad our staff was able to assist you in getting the coverage you need at a price you can afford. Thank you for choosing Protect My Car.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

I had a good experience with Protect My Car. My radiator went out on me and I called about it. The place where I took my car mentioned having a warranty. They offered to get me a rental but I didn’t need it. They handled everything through the warranty company and all I had to do was to go in there and pay my deductible and I went about my way. Overall, it's a great service and my experience has been easygoing.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for providing those comments, and for the stars. We appreciate it very much. We are very happy to have helped you with the recent repair and look forward to helping again when you need us.

Thank you for being a loyal customer of Protect My Car.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I liked that the people at ProtectMyCar seemed to be amenable to my situation. My car was a turbocharger and they adjusted my policy to include that. I’ve also used ProtectMyCar’s road service.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments and the great rating. We do try hard to meet individual needs and we are very glad we were ael to do that for you.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: July 22, 2017

I bought a newer car but it was used. I paid $8,000 for it and I was worried about not having any protection if something was to go wrong. Thankfully I bought an extended auto warranty from Protect My Car. The motor ended up having a crack four months after I bought the car. The cost of the labor was $2500 and Protect My Car paid for it. I didn’t even have to pay a deductible. The warranty cost me $100 down and it costs me $50 a month, which is reasonable. I was stressed about it because at first, it seemed like they were going to try to back out on it, but they came through and I was thankful for that.

However, the dealer was surprised because normally Protect My Car lets them order the motor. Protect My Car ordered the motor and dealer said it didn’t look like a remanufactured motor when it came in. It looked like something that came from a wrecking yard. It runs a little rough at times, but I haven’t had any issues. Overall Protect My Car is a good company. I would do another car with them if I buy another one.

We warrant all parts we supply for 12 months or 12 thousand miles
If you are having any problems with your vehicle, please call us so we can assist you. That is what the policy is for. We will, as we have on many occasions in the past, give you straight up answers to assist you.

Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: July 11, 2017

I needed a protection for my car so I decided to get ProtectMyCar. However, I had a bad experience with them. I had two oil change that I paid out of my pocket and they said they’re going to reimburse me for it. I spoke to several persons over there and sent them an email of the receipts. They're supposed to get it and put it to their reimbursement department so I can get paid but until now I have not been paid yet. Nobody has ever gotten the emails that I sent when in fact I kept sending emails since last September. So right now, I’m thinking of disconnecting it. I would never do it again and I would not recommend anybody to join that service because when they’re ready to reimburse, they'd take too long to pay.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We regret that you found your experience with Protect My Car not to be satisfactory with respect to the oil change benefit. At the time you got the policy we provided three free oil changes as a promotional incentive. We understand that you choose to do more oil changes during the year. However, the policy promotion only covered three of those oil changes for you.
We hope that upon reflection you will see how valuable this coverage is when your vehicle breaks down and will be glad you had the foresight to continue your coverge.

Thanks again for your comments and for continuing to be a valued policyholder.

Original review: July 9, 2017

I had some issues with ProtectMyCar recently. Something went wrong with my engine. I found out that there were parts on my engine that they don't cover, and I didn't like that. But that's the only issue I've really had with my car. I got them because when I was reading on their website it said that this covers everything except for wear and tear. When I brought my car to Chapman Nissan, I told them the issue with my car and they never fixed the issue. So, it was actually on them but they placed the blame on ProtectMyCar. Chapman Nissan asked the agents so they can replace the engine to which they said, "No." So, I'm trying to pursue a lawsuit against Chapman Nissan right now. As with ProtectMyCar, they'll fix the front arm control and the lower arm control which is very helpful. They're cool.

Protect My Car response
Thanks very much for your comments. We appreciate them very much. The problem with your engine was diagnosed by the shop you took it to as worn seals, causing engine oil to leak. Seals and gaskets are wear and tear items and would not be covered. The policy helps with mechanical breakdowns on the components listed in the policy.
We do hope you are successful in your claim against the shop.

Thanks gain for your comments.

Original review: July 6, 2017

ProtectMyCar has a good price and I have peace of mind when something major happens to the car. The dealer told me about a protection plan for $3,000 and it was not worth it. I got this option to pay $50 a month and it is more reasonable. The price flexibility is one of the reasons I chose ProtectMyCar and if I don’t want to have any strings attached and I have to keep it no matter what, it's a good option. The rep explained the deal in less than 30 minutes on the phone. I'm very busy traveling all the time so it was convenient for me to close the deal at that time. Overall, ProtectMyCar did well in the sense of their knowledge, in what they do and how they do the vehicle and I would recommend it.

Original review: June 30, 2017

All the other companies seemed bogus to me and I've seen Protect My Car a lot online, so I looked more into it and saw that they were legit. Their representatives were very informative about my options and were very truthful. They gave me a list of the services that needed to be done and the place that I took my car to was overpricing me. And Protect My Car warned me of it, and I was able to get the right price. It was really nice and it's one big plus that I really love. I’ve already been recommending them and I tell people all the time to give these people a call if they don’t have an extended warranty. Overall, Protect My Car's service is great and I had a great experience with them.

Thank you for those great comments. We appreciate them very much.
You are so right. It is unfortunately true that some shops hold your vehicle hostage to whatever price they choose to charge. As you have seen we can help siginificantly reduce the cost of repairs.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: June 5, 2017

I get the problem diagnosed and then Protect My Car gets called. They ask some questions about the car and they get back with an answer. It usually doesn't take too long and I've been pretty happy with the length of time that they get back to you on. I'm not sure how they carry out some of their policies as far as checking for the car history but they seem to get it done fairly quickly. Also, I was not aware that they only replace the car with after market parts so, I don't get a dealer part. Like I have a Chevy and they don't give me a GM part. But they're not giving me bad parts. They replace with good parts by an ACDelco.

Protect My Car response
We do use after market parts when there is no other realistic choice, but still warrant those parts for 12 months or twelve thousand miles.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: April 16, 2017

I talked to Robert, a representative from ProtectMyCar, and I felt confident about the way he explained everything to me. I had my first experience with them when my transmission went out on my truck, and I was told what to do. They were there for me and when I called them, and they got on it real fast. They said they were doing this and that, what they were on and that they'll let me know what the next step was. They followed up with me real well too. They sent me a booklet and I followed all the instructions to a T. I also got advice from ProtectMyCar. They went ahead and took care of the problem and I only paid $100 for the deductible. The whole transmission changed up which was the way to go. There were no hassles and I was happy.

I live a little bit further down south and ProtectMyCar only covered a certain amount of miles. When I needed roadside assistance, they were there and we took the car to the nearest place. However, there was the matter of the rental car. It takes at least three business days for the transmission work and Saturday and Sunday don't count. That was the only hang-up because I was out of a car and we needed the service adviser from ProtectMyCar to approve of the work. We also didn't know when our car was going to go out.

Our car went out on a Thursday and from Thursday to Sunday, there was nothing going on. It took about two weeks. But overall, they gave me a break on the car rental. At the same time, ProtectMyCar paid the first seven days of the car rental, which was good, although it should have been the first seven business days. Other than that, I'm satisfied and have no complaints with my experience and with having my warranty.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your wonderful comments. We have shared those comments with all our departments to let them know how much their efforts are helping our policyholders when they need that help.
Our goal is to give every policy holder good peace of mind. Great rates, towing, rental car benefits, fast claims processing and the personal touch are just some of the ways we help provide that.

Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Original review: April 15, 2017

I'm happy with the service I get from ProtectMyCar. They’re very helpful mostly when you have an older car. You will feel more comfortable about the service and you don't need to worry. They’ve done work on my car and I spent $200 while the company covered maybe $700. I highly recommended ProtectMyCar.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for taking time to provide comments on your experience with Protect My Car.Com. Those were very kind words and we appreciate them very much. We do work hard to make sure your experience with Protect my Car is a positive one and that the whole process, from choosing the right coverage, to making sure it is comfortable on your budget, to fast and efficient claims service, towing and rental car benefits, gives you great peace of mind.

Original review: April 6, 2017

Signing up with ProtectMyCar was pretty easy. We agreed to the price I was comfortable with. But there were some things that are not covered that I wasn’t told about or weren’t explained. So when I tried to get a pollution pump serviced, the dealership called up and told me that it wasn’t covered. But, while my vehicle was being serviced, they took care of the rental car for me.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We are happy to help you better understand your coverage.
Your policy covers the components listed in your policy. It is an extensive list but keep in mind no policy, no matter what company issues it, will cover 100% of your vehicle.
As your vehicle ages and more miles are added it will be more and more likely that future repairs will be required. As comprehensive as the policy is, it is far more likely that future repairs will be to covered components. When that occurs and we help you with those repair costs, you will be very glad you had the foresight to protect yourself with this coverage.

Again, thank you for your comments.

Original review: March 26, 2017

I have problems when I go into an establishment to have any work done because they don’t know anything about my auto warranty from ProtectMyCar and they’re skeptical. The first time, there were several phone calls back and forth with the auto shop, myself and ProtectMyCar until the auto shop got it together and believed that such a thing existed.

Then the second time, it was with a one-person shop that I had been doing business with for quite a while. The service was for bigger tires and I was having a lot of work done. The shop said I needed an oil change and I was buying tires so I said, “As long as you’re doing it and you can do the oil change but I have this warranty that pays for my oil change". They said, “I have never heard of such a thing” and I said, “This is the company’s name. You research it and you call me back”. They never called me back but they did the oil change and I never paid for it. Other than that, everything that ProtectMyCar said they would cover has been covered. I was happy I found it and I'm happy that I'm using it. It’s a load off my mind that I have it if I have any need. I would definitely recommend it.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate them very much. We are glad we were able to resolve the issues you had with the repair shop and help you with your repairs. As always, of course, please do not hesitate to call us if you need any help understanding the coverage specified in your policy. We are here to help and make sure your experience with Protect My Car.com is a positive one.

Thanks again for your comments. We look forward to hearing from you any time you have any questions.

Original review: March 21, 2017

ProtectMyCar has been great. I went with them because it was only $39 a month. Each time I would have to get my oil changed, I would call them and tell them I was going and they would send the place an invoice and that was that. It was really easy. Also, their reps are very nice, friendly and helpful.

Protect My Car response
Thank you very much for those great comments. We really appreciate them. \We do work hard to make sure that with one phone call you can get towed in, activate rental car benefits and get fast, efficient claims service. That’s what we call good peace of mind. We are very happy that our company, staff and coverage has given you that. Best of all, we will be here to assist you when you next need help with your vehicle.

Thanks again for you terrific comments.

Original review: March 11, 2017

I called ProtectMyCar the day I used my service. However, there was a miscommunication between them and the shop that I used. Each put blame on the other, so it took a little bit longer for me to get my car on the service. But overall, it's been a good experience.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for taking time to provide your comments. We appreciate that very much. We are very pleased to have helped you with the recent repair and we look forward to helping you in the future when you need help. We were happy to go the extra mle and make sure the miscommunication was resolved and the repair completed without delay.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

I got a call from ProtectMyCar and went with them for their very good rate. I've been using their services for close to a year now and it's been a very good experience overall.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

I've been using ProtectMyCar for about eight months and they seem to have a really good service. They're doing a little engine work on my car and everything's good. I will recommend them to a friend.

Protect My Car response

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

I was looking for an extended warranty for my car. I did a normal research on the internet and found ProtectMyCar. There were good and bad reviews on them but I tried not to focus on negative stuff because every case is different. I always want to look at the positive and perspectives of the good things. But one of the things that grabbed my attention was the fact that the mileage on my vehicle was very high and I couldn't find any other provider. There was another company there but they were a little bit more expensive than ProtectMyCar.

ProtectMyCar's customer service and the representative that I spoke with were very good. They've been taught well. They've also been very attentive every time I called and questions have been answered. I've already taken my car in for service and everything was taken care of. Even the service dealership that I took my car to were amazed with the response and how everything was treated. So overall, they've done a great job.

Protect My Car response
Thank you so very much for your comments.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

So far, it's been real good with ProtectMyCar. They've been real great in everything. I had to get the transmission in my truck replaced and it went pretty good. When I got the money, I was able to get the transmission fixed pretty quick. I need to call and talk to them because I'm heading out of town towards the end of the month and I need to know if I've still got a free oil change. They said I had three free oil changes for a year, but I don't know if it's a calendar year, and if it already expired at the beginning of this year, or if I had up to a year from when I got this policy.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for those comments. We appreciate them very much.
We do work hard to make sure your experience with Protect my Car is a positive one, from choosing the right coverage, to making sure it is comfortable on your budget, to fast and efficient claims service, towing and rental car benefits, gives you great peace of mind.
By the way, the oil changes are based on policy year, not calendar year.
Please let us know if there is any way we can help.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

I decided to try ProtectMyCar.com out and it’s been going all right so far. Their customer service reps were helpful and friendly. Everything was good.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Jan. 3, 2017

ProtectMyCar.com is not a good company. A couple situations have occurred since I have gotten the service. They told me if I'm buying the most full bumper-to-bumper warranty, I can get this and that. However, the five different times that I've had to call them, only one was covered. The other five were all denied. And I wasn't qualified for a rental either because based on the auto reports, it should be done in six hours. But they don’t have the part in stock when we take a car to the shop so it’s going to take longer than six hours. It could take six days to get the part in, have the diagnosis, etc. So far, it's been a headache. I regret getting it. But maybe one day, it'll come through.

Right now, I was about to call them because my car is not passing smog due to the oxygen sensors and catalytic converters but I'm the only owner of the vehicle. I went back and forth with the Chrysler Corporation and it's in the warranty who would cover it. Right now, I'm dealing with the Chrysler Corporation and they give me two different answers. The dealerships in the local area are giving me one answer, and the corporation in Detroit, Michigan is giving me another answer. But I cannot deal with them and so I took my vehicle into a dealership and had the service manager call Detroit, Michigan direct. And they said they'll talk to them and tell them about the situation. This is like a shot in the dark. It's a waste of time taking my car, and then they don’t approve it.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

I got my extended auto warranty from ProtectMyCar because of what they offer and I’m pleased with the benefits. I was very pleased with the service provided with me.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

The air conditioner bracket went out on my car and ProtectMyCar took care of it. I changed the oil at one time and they serviced it. Everything’s been fine.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

ProtectMyCar is cheap and they give good options compared to other providers. Last month, my car got broken. My dealer directly called ProtectMyCar and explained what the issue was. They worked with my dealer and I got a call for the approval and my signature on some paper. My car was fixed very quickly. Having the warranty is really helpful.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Dec. 19, 2016

I've been with ProtectMyCar for a long time now and I don't think their customer service was worth a darn. They didn't protect my car. There were several things happened to my car and one of them was the sensor. It was two sensors but they trimmed it to one and another one was the heat went out on it. There were three different things that happened. It cost me way over $1000 and they paid me $500 and something. They only gave me just a part of the money that they owe me. I wasn't happy with it but I took it and ran with it.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2016

I actually started with ProtectMyCar when they were still known as Precision, then they changed to Solace, and now they are known as ProtectMyCar. It has been a pretty smooth experience from them for the most part. The only issue that I seem to run into is they insist on sending their own parts to the dealer, which is a delay for the customer.

When I took my car to the Nissan dealership, they did not provide a rental car. ProtectMyCar covered it and it ate up my warranty pretty fast that way. I think I had a $10,000 limit. I burned through that between the actual work done and the rental car time at $30 a day. Because then I had to wait like three more days or whatever for the part to get there. They sent the part, but it was damaged when it got there. Then they went to backorder, so it took quite a while. That part is kind of inconvenient for the customer.

Well, I worked it out with them anyway and I've reached out for the new policy. Their customer service seems to be pretty decent. The dealership didn't have a lot of issues with the communication with them. But their price could always be better. It's not super, super cheap. You don't have it like your loan that you can normally borrow like you would when you bought your car.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We make it our mission in life to provide great service to all policy holders.
We are very glad the policy, our staff and our services have been of help to you. We do apologize for the delay in getting your last repair completed. We are glad, however, that the repair was completed correctly and we got you back on the road in great shape.
Please call us if there is any thing we can do to help out.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2016

I’ve tried to cancel ProtectMyCar a few times but they don’t let me. I had called and their rep told me why it's good keeping it. It doesn’t really pay for my son’s car but it has paid for mine. But most of the experiences with them have been not really great because I’ve had to fight with them for every oil change or whatever they say I’m supposed to get. They don’t really want to cover anything. However, I did recommend them to a friend and he did get their services.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. It really means a lot to us to give our policy holders good peace of mind. If you ever have any questions about your coverage or how it really helps you save money, please call us. We really are here to help in any way we can.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2016

Protect My Car called me up. They told me what they offer and how much it cost, and I told them what I can pay. They signed me up and the process was easy. The service is good. I've been to the mechanic several times and I don't have a problem. I pay my deductible and Protect My Car pays the rest.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2016

I had a Buick Enclave that had a transmission issue. I took it to the Buick dealership, they reviewed what was wrong and I gave them my warranty protection information. They reached out to Precision and they had my car fixed in a reasonable amount of time.

Protect My Car response
We can not thank you enough for the great comments. It really means a lot to us all to know our efforts are really helping give our policy holders good peace of mind. We do work very hard to make sure the policy is affordable, and that policyholders get the kind of help they need when they need help.

Thank you again for your very encouraging comments. Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is anything we can do for you.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Sept. 9, 2016

I heard about ProtectMyCar.com from the dealer I got my truck from. I started off with Tricor, who wasn't doing what they’re supposed to, and the truck dealer said he had another warranty for me. However, ProtectMyCar went outside their word. They explained that once the mechanic did diagnosis, they will fix my truck. It didn’t happen like that. My truck slept almost a whole month. I was without a vehicle and they did not care. When I got the diagnosis from one of their guys, I told them, "What am I supposed to do, just walk to work and there’s snow on the ground?" Since the service department knew that I was getting frustrated, they said they know I have to get to work, and they have an old pick-up truck that I can drive. But there wasn't any rental they're supposed to have. Instead, I took my truck to a truck rental place that fixed it and let me use one of their vehicles.

I also called them about for an issue with oil leak. They told me to take it back over the different shop where work was done and maybe it was leaking from there. But what that other shop fixed is not the problem why there’s an oil leak. Basically, ProtectMyCar doesn’t want to fix anything. They just want to collect my money every month.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Sept. 1, 2016

I paid ProtectMyCar for two years, and then my shock got broken. When I took my car to the dealer, they said my shocks is not good and that ProtectMyCar should cover it because it says "everything" in the book. So, I paid for the shocks, and now ProtectMyCar is saying that it's not covered and they won't pay me. So, I tried to cancel, and the lady advised me to stay because I would need it later and that she'd give me a one-year oil change free, so I said okay.

Later, when my air-condition was not good, they paid me for it, so was very happy. But when there was another issue wherein they're supposed to pay me, they didn't. And then, one day, I called them for tow service because it is free, and they sent a guy with a broken truck. My car was down, so I needed a tow with a bed to put my car up, but these guys didn't bring a bed. They just pulled it up and scratched my car. I called ProtectMyCar but they never responded to me. The guy with the truck told me that I have to pay $100 for the tow otherwise, they'll take my car back. My car is a Mercedes and it’s still scratched now and ProtectMyCar did nothing. My husband said to cancel it but I needed something because the Mercedes is very expensive and that’s why I have the ProtectMyCar. However, they have a lot of problems, and I don't like it.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2016

I decided to go with ProtectMyCar because I liked what the person I talked to was telling me. He was very friendly, he was telling me about the auto protection plan and when I told him I couldn't afford it, he said he was going to see if he can reduce it down some and he did. So far I've had good experience with them. The only problem that I've had was with the car rental. My transmission went out and they kept my car for almost a month. They only pay for a certain amount of days for the car rental, so I still had to pay $500 after that. I felt that it was no use for me trying to call them because they were not going to change their minds. Other than that, everything was good.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for those comments. We appreciate them very much.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2016

I've only used ProtectMyCar once but so far, it's been good. My dealership was able to see to it that it was in effect on my vehicle when I took it in and they were able to do the service at the same time that I had something else done. It was a pretty seamless and very convenient experience.

Protect My Car response

Original review: July 15, 2016

My air conditioner broke down on my car. I talked to the lady from Precision on the phone and she said, "I'll take care of it". She didn't hesitate at nothing. I gave her the shop's number and she called them. The technician fixed my car in a little over a day. It was good service at that time. She was professional all the way, nice, and courteous. She did all the right things to get my car fixed. However, she told me she was gonna send me a packet but I never got that.

Protect My Car response

You should have received the information by now. If not, please let us know and we will forward it to you again.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: June 30, 2016

I had my van in the garage for about a month and the process was difficult because ProtectMyCar didn’t want to pay for it. To where I had my vehicle, they dealt with the mechanics but they had a hard time getting to agree with everything they wanted. But we got it settled, although I could have better service and dealt with the mechanics better.

Original review: June 16, 2016

ProtectMyCar has prompt service. They’re a very good company and I would recommend them to anyone. So far, it’s all good and we haven’t had any complaints.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: June 10, 2016

I had 22 people that I signed up with ProtectMyCar, who includes all my family members and some people I know. We all canceled because of the service they have. They have an insurance company they use but the protection the insurance gives seems a lot but basically are just common things. The things that wear and tear that we really need were not covered. The service people answering the phone at ProtectMyCar are great but they can only deal with the people with the insurance company on what to do, what’s covered or not. I'm very dissatisfied.

Original review: June 4, 2016

A rep from ProtectMyCar called me and got me sold on the deal. At the time my Ford Excursion, which is under their warranty, was at the shop. I was getting the transmission looked at, and it just so happened that their rep called me and told me about what they offer. And I thought, “Well, why not?” I know this vehicle’s already needing some attention. It was a no-brainer to go ahead and see how it worked, and I’m happy so far.

However, just several months back I had some front end work done on the vehicle. And between ProtectMyCar and my service shop, we had a lot of missing dots and it was hard to connect them. I don’t know why, but communication wasn’t what I would’ve wanted to see but we finally got it done. My vehicle got fixed and I’ve saved some money. I like how ProtectMyCar has vendors and a network type thing that helps everybody get the right product for the right price.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate them very much.
We are glad we were able to give you so much help with the repair. It was an extensive repair and it did take extra time and effort. We were happy to provide that but we do regret that it meant the total repair took longer than expected. The final result though did save a considerable amount of money.
Best of all, we will be here to help again when you need help.

Thanks again for telling us about your experience with Protect My Car.com.

Original review: May 20, 2016

ProtectMyCar takes good care of my vehicle. Something broke in my car one time and they took care of the issues. They also put a new starter and all I paid was $100, and they paid the rest quickly. I had a good experience with them.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: April 4, 2016

I actually called to cancel my warranty the first month as I was going to a local dealer. Chaz actually changed my mind & was very professional. He didn't send a promised email so when I called back, Melodi was a sweetheart. Pleased so far!!!

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: March 2, 2016

I have the whole Protect My Car package and I'm very satisfied for what I got. The service is good. I haven't needed the warranty but I would like to keep it because I don't know when something can happen. I also want them to have somebody call me to let me know how much time I have before I need to renew it.

Protect My Car response
Thank you very much for your comments. We appreciate that very much. As soon as we got them we called to answer your questions and thank you personally for having been a policyholder for the last three years.
Please do not ever hesitate too let us know if you have any questions or if thee is anything we can do to help out.

Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2016

I have peace of mind having ProtectMyCar auto warranty. I looked around, got some prices and theirs seemed to be reasonable. My warranty period is almost up so I have to renew.

Protect My Car response

Original review: Feb. 22, 2016

I took my car to my dealership to where I've always had my work done since I got the car. Apparently, they had difficulty getting authorization for parts or services that were needed on my car earlier this year and my car ended up being with them for a month due to delays in authorization with ProtectMyCar. The service manager that has dealt with all of my services said it was like pulling teeth in order to get that done. So, I had to rent a car for the month that I was getting my services done that cost me $600. Therefore, I wouldn't say it's the best extended warranty out there. Had I known this earlier, I should have asked my dealership who they usually work with that aren't so problematic when it comes to the necessity of some sort of work to the car.

When my car first failed on me, they did send me a tow truck but it took four hours for them to get to where I was. And, since the car was in the garage, they didn’t have the specific tow truck to go into the garage to get my car. Then somebody said, “Forget it,” and then they just left. So, I had to wait the next day because I had to go to work that day. I had to leave the car overnight in the garage. They ended up sending somebody that the dealership recommended.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate them very much. We do apologize for the time it took to get the repairs completed. After approving the first repairs, we were advised of additional repairs the shop wanted to perform that were not discovered with the first estimate Once those were identified we approved those repairs as well.
It does sometimes take longer to complete repairs, but the process of getting the claims approved is straightforward and should not bother any reputable repair shop. After all, the coverage is there for your benefit, not theirs. Most shops are happy to cooperate.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2016

ProtectMyCar's service was fascinating. It was really good and I liked it.

Protect My Car response

Original review: Jan. 22, 2016

I wanted something to protect me against the dealer so I took a chance with ProtectMyCar and got the platinum package. ProtectMyCar came through during a stressful moment and I was satisfied. As a matter of fact, I think they busted the car dealership. I had a brand new Honda Accord so there shouldn't be that many issues with it. But one day I had some bushing that was going bad. Before we signed up an extended warranty, the staff from the car dealership came up with $800 bill. However, after getting in contact with ProtectMyCar, they came back with a $300-some bill. I liked that. All I have to do is pay my deductible and they'd take it from there. I didn't know exactly how much is coming out of my pocket, but I just knew, with them, I was reassured. I already recommended somebody to ProtectMyCar and they signed up as well.

Protect My Car response
By the way, thank you for referring your friends and family for this protection. We will treat them with just as much respect as we do you. Remember, if you referred someone to us who gets a policy we say thank you by sending you Visa gift card. Please let us know who you referred and we will say thank you in this way.
We do work hard to make sure this protection is affordable for everyone’s budget. It’s all part of not just doing the right thing, but doing things right for each customer.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2016

I went with Protect My Car because it was more reasonable and they gave me a little bit of a discount. I talked to them once and they gave me an explanation about something I needed to know.

Protect My Car response

Original review: Jan. 17, 2016

ProtectMyCar is cheaper than the auto warranty that I had. I signed up with them and the two guys I spoke with were nice. They have good customer service and they were willing to work with me to get me a better price.

Protect My Car response

Original review: Jan. 14, 2016

I called the 800 number from ProtectMyCar because I wanted to take my car in and have something checked. I was trying to get an understanding of the best method to do and if it is covered by the company. Because when I purchased the policy, I expected that all electrical is to be covered because that's what we had talked about. But it's misleading since not all of the electrical is covered. I was told to go online and take my car, make a call and see if they were a dealership that was covered. I haven't had the opportunity to do that. However, I thought the guy could have been a little bit more helpful.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We are sorry that you feel the policy should have helped with the radio and nav sytem electronics. The policy does cover mechanical breakdowns on all of the components listed in your policy. While extensive, the covered components are geared to the operation of the car, not devices such as the radio and navigation system. To do so would make the cost of the policy too expensive for most people to handle comfortably.

As your vehicle ages and more miles are added it will be more and more likely that future repairs will be required. As comprehensive as the policy is, it is far more likely that future repairs will be to covered components. When that occurs and we are able to help you with those repairs, you will be very glad you had the foresight to protect yourself with this coverage. Again, thank you for your comments.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Dec. 1, 2015

I want to cancel my warranty with ProtectMyCar. When they sold it to me, they explained that I would be able to do a free oil change and free alignment with my car. I needed an alignment so I took my car to the shop. Service rep said something has to be wrong with my car, it has to have a certain amount of damage for me to get an alignment. When I bought the warranty, sales rep didn't explain it like that. I don't know what else he might've said that might not have been true. I have to wait to find out if he told me the wrong things.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for taking time to provide your comments. It is unfortunate that you feel the policy was of limited benefit to you. A review of the policy shows that you took out the Ambassador Premium policy in March 2015 and that we processed your claim for an oil change for over $100. We are sorry that you feel the benefits were not as much as you expected. The policy does include three free oil changes and two tire rotations per year, but does not include front end alignment, nor does it cover repairs from damage to your vehicle that would otherwise be covered by your automobile insurance. We regret that you did not fully understand the benefits described in the policy you received in March. We will be in touch with you directly to assist you.

Thank you again for providing your comments.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2015

I bought Protect My Car through the finance guy when I purchased the new car. It's good service because it's what I wanted, an extended warranty on the car. When I purchase a car, I like to go ahead and purchase the extended warranty that comes with it because I feel like it's a better price than me trying to find, not getting it and then shopping around to look for an extended warranty. The staff from Protect My Car explained to me what it covers and it covers everything in the car. I like it. I feel safe, happy, and satisfied with Protect My Car.

Protect My Car response
Thank you very much for your wonderful comments. We make it our mission in life to provide great service and needed help to all policy holders. We are very glad the policy, our staff and our services give you a good sense of protection. That means a lot to us. Your peace of mind is always our most important goal.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2015

I'd recommend ProtectMyCar. I've been having good experiences and got good service from them.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2015

I've used ProtectMyCar for oil change services and it's been an easy process but I'm not satisfied with them because at one procedure, they were supposed to pay 50% and only paid 20% for some of the work that I was getting done for my car. They did not meet my expectations.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for taking time to provide your comments, Mr. Ogwin. We are very glad to have helped you so much on the repairs to your vehicle and regret that you feel the policy benefits should have been more help.
A review of the policy shows that in just the first three months of policy coverage we paid out over $300 in costs for your oil change and repairs. Not a bad return on the small monthly premiums and we are very glad to have been able to help with these costs. We do not cover the costs of bulbs or speakers or microphones that you were also having trouble with. On the repair to your mechanical components, we did meet our guarantee of saving you 25% of the repair cost by paying that portion directly to the repair shop.
Our Ambassador series of policies was created specifically for vehicle owners whose vehicles do not qualify for standard extended breakdown coverage, either because of excessive age or miles, or because of pre-existing conditions. The Ambassador family of policies is far less expensive than a standard extended warranty and therefore appeal to those on a limited budget.
Ambassador policies provide a wide variety of important benefits including free oil changes, free tire rotations and a significant reduction in repair costs, from a minimum guaranteed 25% up to 45% of the original estimate of repair costs. They also come with towing, 24/7 roadside assistance and rental car benefits.
As your vehicle ages and more miles are added it will be more and more likely that future repairs will be required. When that occurs and we help you with those repairs, you will be very glad you had the foresight to protect yourself with this coverage.

We hope this helps you understand the coverage and how it will continue to help you. If you have any questions, please call. We are here to help. Again, thank you for your comments.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2015

ProtectMyCar.com has been good for me all the way around. I’ve used their services once so far. I had an oil change done and had a bit of a difficulty about it because the car guys didn’t understand that ProtectMyCar changed name. They didn’t want to honor it because they were not sure and were not on their list. I had to make a call and do a bunch of stuff. It went okay once the company that I went to got the gist of it.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for taking time to provide comments on your experience with Protect My Car.Com. Those were very kind words and we appreciate them very much. We take pride in exercising good judgment by doing the right thing, not just doing things right. Please let us know the next time your mechanic has a question and we will contact them directly.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2015

I've only used ProtectMyCar once and so far I have no complaints. I used them when I needed roadside assistance and everything was pretty easy. Customer service was good.

Protect My Car response

Original review: Oct. 14, 2015

I got a Solace warranty. I found them on the internet. They told me that they can give me a good deal on the rate and then the monthly plan would be cheap. So I went for it. And they told me that they'd give me three free oil changes a year because I have a high-mileage truck. I had one hose that they purchased for me and I had it put on, which was no problem. I just got one of the oil changes the other day. But it was a hassle because their customer service has given the technician a hard time. The guy said the customer service was being very rude to him on the phone about getting the work done or how they were going to get it paid.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for taking time to provide your comments. We appreciate your letting us know what your experience has been. We are glad to have assisted you with both the oil change and the repair to your radiator. We do apologize if the oil change did not go as smoothly as it could have. We do require a final invoice to issue a payment and some shops are reluctant to provide that for some reason. It is for your protection and ours, though, that we require it. Once we have paid for the services, we do not want the shop to bill our customers for any other charges. The final bill should be final.
Our Ambassador series of policies was created specifically for vehicle owners whose vehicles do not qualify for standard extended breakdown coverage, either because of excessive age or miles, or because of pre-existing conditions. The Ambassador family of policies is less expensive than a standard extended warranty and therefore appeal to those on a limited budget. We were also happy to have provided you with over $200 in discounts on the cost of the policy.
Ambassador policies provide a wide variety of important benefits including free oil changes, free tire rotations and a significant reduction in repair costs, anywhere up to 45% of the original estimate of repair costs. We guarantee a minimum savings of 25% on repairs. They also come with towing, 24/7 roadside assistance and rental car benefits.

Once again, thank you, Mr. Frias, for continuing to be a preferred policy holder. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2015

I recently used ProtectMyCar.com's service when my car's battery went low and so I was able to have them come out to restart my battery. Their reps have been very helpful and everything was smooth. However, I won't recommend them at this point because I haven't had to use it yet. I’m not sure if how good a product would be that they say they cover.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. It is very important to us to know how well our policies work to help our customers. Comments such as yours help us know where we can improve. First of all, though, thank you for being a preferred policy holder since July 2013. That really means a lot to us.
The repair you filed a claim for in March of this year was to an O2 Sensor, which is not covered under the policy. However, we recognized that you had been a policy holder for two years and that you could use the help financially. We approved payment of the claim of over $400. That was after helping you with the cost of the policy by over $1,400 in discounts.
We were very pleased to have assisted you with the repair to your vehicle and lowering your cost of the coverage. These programs are not for those with lots of money. They are for folks who are on a budget who would have a hard time coming up with the cost to tow a vehicle in for repair, let alone a costly repair.
All of the components covered by the policy are clearly listed so there will be no confusion when you have a breakdown. Some components are not covered and for a very good reason. If we covered every single component of your vehicle, the cost of the policy could easily be three or four times what you are paying for it. Most people would be unable to afford such coverage. We cover the components that are most likely to break down and for the most part are the most costly to repair. As your vehicle ages and more miles are added it will be more and more likely that future repairs will be required. As comprehensive as the policy is, it is far more likely that future repairs will be to covered components. When that occurs and we are able to help you with those repairs, you will be very glad you had the foresight to protect yourself with this coverage.

Again, thank you for your comments. We hope you will not hesitate to let us know if you have any questions.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2015

It was a good experience with ProtectMyCar. There was a slight misunderstanding in one of the situations. I thought that my suspension was covered but they said that after 100,000 miles they don't. Other than that, everything's fine.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments on the coverage. We appreciate that very much. Regretfully, this policy did not cover the air bag suspension repair but we were glad we could pay out $800 toward the engine repair.
As your vehicle ages and more miles are added it will be more likely that future repairs will be required. As comprehensive as the policy is, it is far more likely that future repairs will be to covered components. When that occurs and we are able to help you with those repairs, you will be very glad you had the foresight to protect yourself with this coverage.