4.3/5 (668 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About Protect My Car

Protect My Car is a premier vehicle service provider that states its goal is to “change the game” with advisors who place the customer first and help minimize uncertainty from unexpected costly repairs. The company states that it aims to provide a hassle-free claims process and ongoing customer service.

Pros

• All services provided by Protect My Car employees
  • Payments starting at $60 a month
  • In-house claims process for smoother experience
  • Free oil changes and tire rotations with all policies

Cons

• Does not cover preexisting conditions
  • Not available in AK, CA, HI, MO, OK or WA

Bottom Line

Protect My Car warranties cover vehicles up to 20 years old with up to 299,999 miles and include flexible payment plans and a 30-day money-back guarantee. You can transfer the policy if you choose to sell your car.

Protect My Car Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect My Car?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect My Car?

Original review: Oct. 15, 2015

I’ve been pleased with Solace. Solace has a very good rate and it is what I have under my budget. Submitting a claim was easy and if there’s any problems about the dealer or maintenance place that I take it to, they always call me. They don’t just drop the bomb. I just recently learned about their maintenance perks so I recently did an oil change and tire rotation.

Protect My Car response
Thank you very much for your kind comments. We make it our mission in life to provide great service and needed help to all policy holders. We are very glad the policy, our staff and our services have been of help to you. Your peace of mind is always our most important goal.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2015

It’s been a while when someone contacted me by phone and explained everything to me about ProtectMyCar, or Solace at that time. I thought it would be a good idea for me to have extended warranty on my vehicle, so I went forth with it. So far, everything has been fine. I haven’t had any real issues or problems with the car. ProtectMyCar made the payments affordable. The rate is decent. I’m blessed enough to be able to pay it each month.

Submitting a claim was pretty smooth. I took the car in that particular morning. They came back with the diagnosis that I needed an alternator. They got it done right then and there. I left there while they took care of business with ProtectMyCar. I came back later on that evening, and took care of it from there. It was quick and pleasant. I haven’t needed the rental car. They didn’t keep the car very long. When I took the car in to get it done, I don’t think it was more than an hour job, so I just sat there and waited on it.

However I spent a little bit more money than I had anticipated. My deductible is probably only $100, but the people that fixed the car at Belle Tire managed to get me $440. They told me I needed a particular part that wasn’t covered under my policy. I thought that was just their way of trying to get some money out of me, but that doesn’t reflect on ProtectMyCar. So far, ProtectMyCar lived up to the agreement. So I’m satisfied.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for taking time to provide your comments. We appreciate that very much. We are very pleased to have helped you with the repair to your alternator. According to our records, the shop charged a total of $439.89, we paid 339.89 and you paid the deductible of $100. We are unaware of any other charges that they charged you for. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is any thing we can do to help out.

Again, thank you for your comments. We very much appreciate it.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2015

ProtectMyCar cold-called me and they got me at a good time. I wasn't looking a warranty provider, but it struck me, "Hey, you know what? I should do that. That would be cool." When I submitted a claim to them, it was incredible. It was better than expected although I had to call them and light them up. What happened was the Ford dealer called me and said, "Yeah, we don't cover that part." So I called ProtectMyCar. I told them I've been paying for a year and a half, and I have never had a claim with them in two years. It was an internal part that needed to be fixed or it will cause more problems down the line.

The guy I talked to said I made a good point, called his supervisor and called me back saying, "Look, man, we don't cover the part, but we'll cover the labor and all that." In the end, the $1,200 job only cost me $400. I thought that was fair 'cause I kind of lit him up. I had to let a muscle a little bit for that thing to be set up, but I didn't give them much of a fight.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for taking time to provide your comments. We appreciate that very much. We are very pleased to have helped you with the recent repair and we look forward to helping you in the future when you need help.
You are right, too, that you deserved that special consideration. Thanks for lighting us up that way. It made us remember our goal is not always just doing the right thing, but doing things right.

Thanks again for your comments

Original review: Oct. 14, 2015

I've used their roadside assistance and it was an easy process to go through. The claims process, however, was difficult as I can’t get in contact with nobody. Their reps were friendly and knowledgeable; however, they keep transferring me to different people that didn't know my account. The dealer place contacted them too and also couldn’t get in contact with nobody.

It took Protect My Car a long time to process the claim. In addition to that, they’re getting the price mixed up as well. When I had signed up, they told me it was going to be $29 for each car and then now they’re saying that it’s $54 for one of them but $29 for the rest.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for taking time to provide your comments. We sincerely apologize for the problem you experienced with the repair. During peak periods we handle hundreds of claims and sometimes this may result in someone stepping in to help out other than the person you were used to speaking to.
A review of the claim shows that the claim was filed on August 14, that the first estimate provided by the shop came in on the same day. We were able to reduce the cost of the repair by $177, almost 30% reduction in the cost of the repair. The additional time required to complete the claim was due in large part to the shop changing their estimate for labor on the repair after they had completed the repair on August 31. Even so, we still met our guarantee of saving 25% of the repair cost for you. Most of the time, claims go through with no hassle or wasted time. Some events are unforeseeable but we work through them on your behalf to give you the best result possible. We hope the savings on the repair make up for any delay on our part or any one else’s.
Finally, rest assured that the monthly payment quoted to you on the third automobile you have covered with us will be honored. The retail cost of the policy that you saw on the policy does not apply to you but gives you an idea how much a great discount you received.
Thank you to for the nice comments on the Road Care services. We appreciate your comments very much.

Again, than k you for letting us know that we have helped you. Thank you also for letting us know those areas where service can be approved. We take those comments to heart to make our customer’s experience easier and give all policy holders better peace of mind.

No response received
Original review: Oct. 14, 2015

My experience submitting a claim to ProtectMyCar wasn’t good. Though the process wasn’t difficult, when I called in for roadside assistance claims, they never showed up twice.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for the comments you wrote concerning your policy. Comments such as yours help us know the areas we can improve upon. First and foremost, we apologize for the delay in getting the road side assistance to you in a timely manner. We depend on third party companies to provide that service as do most every company that offers that service. I know from my review of the file that our representative called at least fifteen different companies in an effort to get you help. We let you know we were trying to get you help but were unable to do so before you fixed the problem with the tire yourself.
We deal with literally hundreds of incidents weekly and only very rarely do we have a problem with the third party companies. When that happens we take responsibility for making it right. As we told you on the phone recently, we think it is only right to waive your December payment.

Please remember that the policy will pay for three oil changes per year, two tire rotations and a great deal of help in reducing repair costs, among other benefits described in your policy. We hope this will help you and look forward to hearing from you if you have any questions, or if we can be of any help. Thank you, Ms. Brown

Original review: Oct. 14, 2015

At first I thought ProtectMyCar.com was a hoax because of my first experience with them. I have a $5,000 front-end job that I wanted to fix. I had just gotten the car and they told me it was pre-existing condition. It’s a used car so of course it’s gonna be a pre-existing condition. It was my first service with them and I just transferred the policy over from my old car to my new car, and they wouldn’t honor it because they said it was too soon. I still have an issue with that because now they’re saying that they won’t cover it because of that. And so I’ve got to find a way to fork up $5,000 to get that fixed. That was a little irritating and left me with a sour taste. I almost dropped the policy there but I was advised by my service adviser at the dealership not to because there could be issues.

But it all changed with my most recent claim. I had some really major issues with the car (the water pump and the front bearing) and it went through like nothing - no problems at all. I’ve been very pleased with it. I’ve had them since they were called "Precision" and this is my third car with them. I've also had their road assistance and I've had a free oil change, too.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for taking time to provide comments on your experience with Protect My Car.Com. Those were very kind words and we appreciate them very much. We take pride in exercising good judgment by doing the right thing, not just doing things right.

It is unfortunate that the pre-existing condition could not be covered. We were glad your service advisor gave you good advice and that we were able to help you so much on later repairs. You will get that same great help on future repairs. Thank you once again for your comments. Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is any thing else we can do for you.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2015

I would definitely recommend Solace to my friends. Their deals they offered to me were most in my budget and submitting a claim to them was easy and quick. I use the maintenance perks they offer but I haven’t used anything else on their service.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for taking time to provide comments on your experience with Protect My Car.Com. We take pride in exercising good judgment by doing the right thing, not just doing things right.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2015

My car was messed up and Protect My Car sent a tow truck to get it. The process of submitting a claim was easy. They told me that I need the dealer write a ticket to call them and they went from there.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2015

ProtectMyCar was taken right out of the savings. Having it is kind of a catch-22. I'm happy on one end because I'm saving money, but I feel there are certain things that have to come out of my own pocket. It should have been fairer. I'm not going to scratch too hard with the ones there, but I am just taking it back a little bit. Other than that, my overall experience with them has been good. I'd definitely recommend them. In fact, I got my son to sign up with them.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments on your experience with Protect My Car.Com. We appreciate your doing so.
We are very glad to have helped you with the repairs to your vehicle, although we regret that not all repairs were to covered components. To help you with that non-covered repair we discounted the cost of coverage $200 and provided two free oil changes on your vehicle. We do try to help all policy holders even with repairs the policy can not cover.
Thank you, too, for referring your son to the program. We say thank you with a Visa gift card for the referral on a new policy. Please give us a call so we can say thank you in this way

Thank you gain for your comments Please let us know if you have nay questions or if we can help in any other way.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2015

I got a Solace warranty. I found them on the internet. They told me that they can give me a good deal on the rate and then the monthly plan would be cheap. So I went for it. And they told me that they'd give me three free oil changes a year because I have a high-mileage truck. I had one hose that they purchased for me and I had it put on, which was no problem. I just got one of the oil changes the other day. But it was a hassle because their customer service has given the technician a hard time. The guy said the customer service was being very rude to him on the phone about getting the work done or how they were going to get it paid.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for taking time to provide your comments. We appreciate your letting us know what your experience has been. We are glad to have assisted you with both the oil change and the repair to your radiator. We do apologize if the oil change did not go as smoothly as it could have. We do require a final invoice to issue a payment and some shops are reluctant to provide that for some reason. It is for your protection and ours, though, that we require it. Once we have paid for the services, we do not want the shop to bill our customers for any other charges. The final bill should be final.
Our Ambassador series of policies was created specifically for vehicle owners whose vehicles do not qualify for standard extended breakdown coverage, either because of excessive age or miles, or because of pre-existing conditions. The Ambassador family of policies is less expensive than a standard extended warranty and therefore appeal to those on a limited budget. We were also happy to have provided you with over $200 in discounts on the cost of the policy.
Ambassador policies provide a wide variety of important benefits including free oil changes, free tire rotations and a significant reduction in repair costs, anywhere up to 45% of the original estimate of repair costs. We guarantee a minimum savings of 25% on repairs. They also come with towing, 24/7 roadside assistance and rental car benefits.

Once again, thank you, Mr. Frias, for continuing to be a preferred policy holder. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2015

I’m happy about Solace. It’s so quick when dealing with them. When I made a claim, I called them and they requested me that I have to send the invoice. Now I received already have it reimbursed. I haven’t used the road perks and the roadside yet since I’m still new with the company.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2015

I recently used ProtectMyCar.com's service when my car's battery went low and so I was able to have them come out to restart my battery. Their reps have been very helpful and everything was smooth. However, I won't recommend them at this point because I haven't had to use it yet. I’m not sure if how good a product would be that they say they cover.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. It is very important to us to know how well our policies work to help our customers. Comments such as yours help us know where we can improve. First of all, though, thank you for being a preferred policy holder since July 2013. That really means a lot to us.
The repair you filed a claim for in March of this year was to an O2 Sensor, which is not covered under the policy. However, we recognized that you had been a policy holder for two years and that you could use the help financially. We approved payment of the claim of over $400. That was after helping you with the cost of the policy by over $1,400 in discounts.
We were very pleased to have assisted you with the repair to your vehicle and lowering your cost of the coverage. These programs are not for those with lots of money. They are for folks who are on a budget who would have a hard time coming up with the cost to tow a vehicle in for repair, let alone a costly repair.
All of the components covered by the policy are clearly listed so there will be no confusion when you have a breakdown. Some components are not covered and for a very good reason. If we covered every single component of your vehicle, the cost of the policy could easily be three or four times what you are paying for it. Most people would be unable to afford such coverage. We cover the components that are most likely to break down and for the most part are the most costly to repair. As your vehicle ages and more miles are added it will be more and more likely that future repairs will be required. As comprehensive as the policy is, it is far more likely that future repairs will be to covered components. When that occurs and we are able to help you with those repairs, you will be very glad you had the foresight to protect yourself with this coverage.

Again, thank you for your comments. We hope you will not hesitate to let us know if you have any questions.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2015

I liked the plans that Solace offered so I went with them. When I submitted claims to them, it's been very quick, efficient and to my liking. I've also used their roadside assistance. I'd recommend them to friends.

Protect My Car response
We can not thank you enough for the great comments. It really means a lot to us all to know our efforts are really helping give our policy holders good peace of mind.
By the way, if you know friends or family who might benefit from a policy, please tell them about us. We will treat them with just as much respect as we do you. Remember, if you referred someone to us who gets a policy we say thank you by sending you Visa gift card.
We do work hard to make sure this protection is affordable for everyone’s budget. Its all part of not just doing the right thing, but doing things right for each customer.

Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is any way we can help.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2015

Submitting a claim to ProtectMyCar was pretty easy - I made a call and fixed everything. The representative was very nice and gentleman. I'd definitely recommend them.

No response received
Original review: Oct. 13, 2015

My experience is not good with Solace Insurance. My car had a problem and it broke down and I had to pay myself to fix it. They said they were going to pay for transmission and many other things, but for a simple thing like this, they still didn’t. The belt part on my Mercedes Benz, when disabled, will make my car useless -- you can’t steer it, you can’t move it anywhere. I had the Mercedes Benz people to tow in they came and took the vehicle to the shop, paying them to get it done. It was an emergency and not an accident or something that went disabled on the car and they won’t cover it? I don’t want to pay them anymore. They give me a list with some stuff that they’re going to pay for and some they wouldn’t pay for. Well see what will happen this time.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments about the policy. We hope this response will help you with those concerns.
First and foremost, thank you for being a policy holder since September of last year. We appreciate that fact very much. We strive very hard to make sure our policy holders get great service and great peace of mind. We are sorry that you feel the policy has not helped you as much as you would have liked. We have carefully reviewed the history of your policy over the last thirteen months. Over that period of time you filed claims for two repairs on your vehicle. These were repairs to components that are not covered by the policy.
Even so, and because you are a preferred customer we decided to help you with the cost of the repairs with a $500 discount on the cost of the policy as well as one year of free oil changes. That’s your next three oil changes. Just show the shop or dealer the policy ID card and they will call us so we can issue payment for the oil change right on the spot.
You have no doubt reviewed the policy and have seen that the policy lists each and every covered component. We make it very clear what components are covered and which are not. The reason for this is simple. We want you to know right up front and in writing exactly what is covered with no hidden or confusing terms. Some components are not covered and for a very good reason. If we covered every single component of your vehicle, the cost of the policy could easily be three or four times what you are paying for it. Most people would be unable to afford such coverage. We cover the components that are most likely to break down and for the most part are the most costly to repair.
The purpose of the policy is to pay the cost of covered repairs less the deductible. No policy, no matter who issues it, will cover 100% of a vehicle. As your vehicle ages and more miles are added it will be more and more likely that future repairs will be required. As comprehensive as the policy is, it is far more likely that future repairs will be to covered components. When that occurs and we are able to help you with those repairs, you will be very glad you had the foresight to protect yourself with this coverage. Again, thank you for your comments.

Please call us if you have any questions or if we can help in any way. Thank you, Mr. Hescott

Original review: Oct. 13, 2015

Protect My Car came across in my email. The email led me to a YouTube video which made the process seem really simple. At first, I pushed it off. I was skeptical and thought it was a scam. Protect My Car was very persistent in calling me and they explained things on every phone call that I got. Finally, on the last one, I thought they were giving me a good deal for the premium package so I went with them. When it came to my very first oil change, we had issues. I thought Protect My Car was new because the oil change places didn't recognize their program. They had me wait for 5 hours for them to get authorization. They didn't notify me about the authorization, and I had to leave the oil change place.

The second oil change was like the first one. Protect my car gave a credit card number but the oil change place didn't get the expiration date correctly so it didn't go through. They gave another credit card number but the first time around, they shut down their whole system in case it somebody was trying to rob them, so none of the credit card numbers went through. They sent me a check, like they said, and that went through. I paid for it out of my pocket which was not a problem. It cost me a dollar more for the fax, but that wasn't an issue. I got the main bulk of the money back. I was really happy because with this internet change, no one knows what happens so at first, I thought of the oil change place contacting me to let me know the check was bad.

A week ago, I locked my keys out. They handled it and I was impressed. I used their roadside assistant. They came through and it was awesome. It's hard to get mad at their representatives because they talk really good. They understand and they explain themselves very well about why things wouldn't have happened and gone through, and it all makes sense. The fact that it did all go through makes it A-Okay with me and makes me want to keep them. I already recommended them to friends.

Protect My Car response
Thank you, too, for referring folks to us. We will treat them with just as much respect as we do you. Remember, if you referred someone to us who now has a policy we say thank you with a Visa gift card. Please let us know who you have referred so we can thank you this way

Original review: Oct. 13, 2015

Submitting a claim over the phone was easy and their representatives were real nice. I had to have my car towed in and ProtectMyCar did a good job.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2015

The last time I submitted a claim with ProtectMyCar.com was satisfactory. The one before that was not. They took a while in responding back than they should, and it was only like a hundred dollars that they covered. This last payment was good. I told them that I wasn’t happy with the prior claim and after that they started doing quite better. They finally went through.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We are glad that the policy has been a help to you and we do stand ready to assist you n the future when you need our help.

Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2015

I got a car that has a D12 engine which not many warranty companies accept. ProtectMyCar was willing to accept it though so I went with them. It was great at first but once I had the work done, they told me they're denying my claim. So I contacted Florida's Department of Financial Services to step in. Once they did, it went very well and I got paid. Unfortunately, it wasn't as smooth as I thought it should've been. My advice is to make sure to communicate with the warranty specialist so there won't be any misunderstanding.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments. We agree it was unfortunate tat the situation did not go as smoothly as it could have. Nevertheless, we are glad we were able to work it out with you. Please let us know if you have any questions, or we can be of any help.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2015

ProtectMyCar.com is fabulous! The dealer, Honda, submitted a claim to them within the last couple of weeks and they approved everything and did great. I had to have my car in twice in the last two weeks and they have been very accommodating in approving the payments.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2015

ProtectMyCar came at the right time when I was thinking about getting extra protection for my vehicle. Payments are easy since it simply goes out from my checking account every month. I had a tough time with their claims department though. When I took my car for repairs, there was an issue on the vehicle because they were saying that it was a salvaged vehicle even though it wasn't. I had to straighten it out and send them proof; they told me it would be another few days before they would send someone to take pictures of the vehicle. Therefore my vehicle was sitting in the repair center for about a month. I kept calling but they wouldn't return my calls. When they finally did, I was already getting upset about it.

When ProtectMyCar finally authorized the repair, it turned out that the air breathing crankcase hoses needed repair and those were supposedly not covered by the policy. Only some were taken care of within the policy like the air conditioning and some brushings from where the front wheels moved. I was fine with paying some of it out of pocket so I ended up taking out the vehicle to another repair place for them to take care of the breather hoses. The gentleman there told me they needed to be addressed as soon as possible since they can be felt hitting the lights while the car is in idle. My car is still in the shop.

It would've been a perfect experience were it not for that issue and the fact that I had to keep calling them. It would be nice if they could be a little bit more on top of things with the customer and call them back to make sure everything is okay. I do plan to stay with ProtectMyCar, so hopefully in the future, this won't happen again.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for the comments you wrote concerning your policy. Comments such as yours help us know the areas we can improve upon. First and foremost, thank you for being such a loyal customer. It really means a lot to us. We are glad to have helped you with the repairs to your vehicle, paying out almost $3,700.
Some things disqualify a vehicle for coverage. That is why we asked about those issues before you get a policy, and why they are so clearly defined in the policy. In this case the Texas Department of Motor V4ehicles listed your vehicle as having a branded/rebuilt title. Rather than simply disqualify the vehicle we looked into the issue and that is why we had to ask those questions of you. We are glad for your sake that we did. It resulted in our being able to give you substantial help on the repairs. It did take more time to get that issue straight, and for that we apologize. What we did, though, saved you over $3000 in repair costs.
Now that this issue is settled, it will be a much easier process when you next need help with a repair.

As your vehicle ages and more miles are added it will more likely that future repairs will be required. When that occurs and we are able to help you with those repairs, you will be very glad you had the foresight to protect yourself with this coverage. Again, thank you for your comments.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2015

I took the car for a repair and the mechanic submitted and handled our claim with ProtectMyCar. The turnaround time was excellent and everything was very satisfactory.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2015

ProtectMyCar called me and it sounded good until something happened. I filed a claim with them one time when my car wouldn't start. I called to have it towed to the dealer. The dealer then checked the car out, contacted ProtectMyCar, then called me to say that I had to pay a certain amount of dollars for the repair. I had the premium package and I'm thinking my car was covered so I didn't like that I had to pay for stuff. The towing was fine but they only covered three days for the rental car. Hence, if one needs a transmission repair, they pay the remaining balance for the rental. I'm unsatisfied with everything about this company aside from their staff. I wouldn't recommend them to anybody.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for taking time to provide your comments. It is unfortunate that you feel the policy was of no benefit to you. A review of the policy shows that you took out the Ambassador Premium policy in March 2015 and that we processed two claims, one for the cost of an oil change and one that included towing the vehicle, rental car reimbursement and savings on the cost of repair to the vehicle. To date the policy has paid over $400 on your behalf, or almost three times the total premiums paid on the policy. We are proud to have been able to help you with those repairs. We are sorry that you feel the benefits were not as much as you expected.
Our Ambassador series of policies was created specifically for vehicle owners whose vehicles do not qualify for standard extended breakdown coverage, either because of excessive age or miles, or because of pre-existing conditions. The Ambassador family of policies is far less expensive than a standard extended warranty and therefore appeal to those on a limited budget. In most cases this is the only option vehicle owners have to protect themselves against the cost of repairs to high mileage vehicles.
Ambassador policies provide a wide variety of important benefits including free oil changes, free tire rotations and a significant reduction in repair costs, anywhere up to 45% of the original estimate of repair costs, with a guaranteed minimum savings of 25% of the estimated repair cost. They also come with towing, 24/7 roadside assistance and rental car reimbursement benefits. The policy is not intended to pay the entire repair cost, and does not provide unlimited rental car use. The monthly premium on a policy that would provide those benefits would be far too much for most families to comfortably pay. Some help, after all, is better than none at all.
Having said that, we do want you to have great peace of mind that we are here to help you. We have waived your November payment on the policy and lowered future payments to just $20.00. We want your experience with the policy to be a positive one.

Thank you again for your comments. We hope you will not hesitate to let us know if you have any questions.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Oct. 12, 2015

My car broke down and it was late and I called Solace for a tow. I was in a real emergency and I needed 24-hour service, that wouldn’t have worked because I waited for about two hours, and I didn’t get any call or any information on what was going on. It took several calls for me just to get somebody to communicate what’s happening. The second I did end up talking to a representative but for some reason he said he could not find a tow truck to pick my car up at that time and there is basically nothing he can do, which is weird. They offer 24-hour service, which I didn’t receive. At the end of the night, I did not have a tow truck, so I ended up going home. I tried to get them the next day and I had the same problem.

Even they offered 24-hour service, I would give them the benefit of a doubt. I called them 10:00 there in Florida so I’m like, “Okay, maybe it’s late.” Third day, finally somebody returned my call in the morning and they said that they had a tow truck ready for me, which was definitely a lot better than the response I was given last time. At least I was talking to somebody from Solace. The people I was talking before was dispatched, which was Solace, so they had no idea of my warranty. So it was difficult to get hold of them. Once they did call me in the morning, they were professional and prompt, and the tow truck was there and explained as they had a schedule for me. The tow truck guy did the job and I ended up having to take it to another place. I decided to use AAA this time because I know AAA will be there a lot quicker.

AAA showed up in 20 minutes, took my car to a dealership. I gave the representative my claim information and they said that they’ll contact Solace and work out to see if they can pay for the transmission setting etc. What ended up happening was that the transmission problem was a recall and I had a $100,000 warranty from the factory dealership, so I was lucky for that because I wasn’t sure about Solace that they were going to come through.

Then they discovered that I had some brake problems, which was just due to maintenance, so I had to pay for that and I understand that. Then they did find a leak underneath and Solace did end up paying for that but they didn’t cover two other leaks for some reason. They covered a third of it. I got my car yesterday from the car dealer. I wanted to get the 24-hour service, I didn’t have to get AAA, but it looks like I have to get AAA because their 24-hour service isn’t as good as I expected.

But their reps sound professional and knew what they’re doing. It’s just hard to get a hold of them, so if they can fix that and fix the 24-hour emergency service and that they actually show up on time, I wouldn’t mind doing business with them and I still have to find out why didn’t they didn't cover the other leak. I’m not sure if I’d still do business with them in the future.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments on your experience. We do depend on third parties for tow and 24hr service. We apologize for the delays you experienced and we are always interested in knowing how the contractors we use meet, or fail to meet, the high standards we require.
We will be in touch with you to make this right and answer any questions that you have.
We are very happy to have helped you with the repairs to your vehicle. The transmission problem was covered by the recall, of course, and we paid the policy benefits out for the motor mounts.

Again, thank you for your comments

Original review: Oct. 12, 2015

I've had some pretty good experience with ProtectMyCar with the exception of one wherein we were trying to get a hold of them but they wouldn't contact us back and I had to miss work. I submit my claim to them via phone and the person who I go to for my vehicle's repair deals with them directly and then calls me. I don't usually have problems with their payment process except this month where I was late with the payment since I got laid off.

Protect My Car response
Thank you very much for your comments. We appreciate what you had to say very much. We were especially happy to help you with the cost of the coverage because of your situation. Our willingness to help customers in this way does set us apart. It's what we mean when we say we do not just do things right, we do the right thing.

Thanks again for your comments. Please let us know if we can help or if you have any questions.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2015

It was a good experience with ProtectMyCar. There was a slight misunderstanding in one of the situations. I thought that my suspension was covered but they said that after 100,000 miles they don't. Other than that, everything's fine.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments on the coverage. We appreciate that very much. Regretfully, this policy did not cover the air bag suspension repair but we were glad we could pay out $800 toward the engine repair.
As your vehicle ages and more miles are added it will be more likely that future repairs will be required. As comprehensive as the policy is, it is far more likely that future repairs will be to covered components. When that occurs and we are able to help you with those repairs, you will be very glad you had the foresight to protect yourself with this coverage.

Again, thank you for your comments.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2015

It was easy to purchase ProtectMyCar warranty - I just gave them my credit card and they did the rest of the process. The whole company is very easy to deal with and they don't make a big hassle. I already used my ProtectMyCar warranty once when my power steering went out. I submitted the claim via phone and it was easy. I took the car to the dealership and I gave them my number. The dealership dealt with everything then they got back to me to tell me how much I had to pay and how much the warranty paid. ProtectMyCar paid for half of the bill which was cool, but it made no sense for all the things they promised. They paid for the car's fixing but not for the needed fluid. But still, paying half is better than not paying anything at all. I also used their tow truck once when my truck broke down. I didn't pay a lot but I still paid for some of it. I wish they had a couple more miles on it though since I feel that the mileage they paid for is barely anything.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2015

I just signed up with Solace last July and my experience has been good so far. I've had an oil change done and my dealer was very happy with them when he called in on the claim. This is all new to the dealership's service manager, but he said they were good people and great to work with. Although, I'm still waiting for the check that they sent on the 30th of September for the claim, and I still ain't got it.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for taking time to provide your comments. We appreciate that very much. We are very pleased to have helped you with the recent repairs We look forward to helping you in the future when you need help.
We noticed that the reimbursement check we sent you some time ago was never cashed. We since sent a new check to you which you have no doubt received by now.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2015

My warranty with one company got expired in June. I looked up online for another one for my car and parts and came across Solace. I did some checking and was glad I was able to talk to a couple representatives, they turned out to be just what I needed. I submitted one claim and they looked right into things. They went in, checked and see whatever they have to do. I haven’t received anything yet but I don't have disappointments as of now. They're a great company and I have recommended them. My son will be looking into them pretty soon.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2015

I had submitted a claim once. My Volvo had a leak so I called it down to the shop. The mechanic would fix all the leak but he found out that I needed a water pump. He called Solace and asked if they would cover it. He won't go ahead and fix it without him telling them. There's also a lot of things the mechanic said they would not fix. I called Solace about it and they said I had to make a hundred dollar deposit first. I had a hundred dollar down and Solace ended up paying for the water pump. They are good and I have told some people about them. I've also used the towing service once to tow my car to the shop, and they came and were nice people.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. They are very much appreciated. A good thing to remember is that you should always call us first, rather than take a mechanics word for what is covered under the policy. There are many times when even if a component is not covered that we can help in other ways. In your case, this repair was covered. As is the case with almost all policies, there is a $100 deductible that has to be paid after the work is completed. The deductible does not have to be paid up front.

Thank you again for your comments. If you have any questions., please let us know.

Protect My Car Company Information