Portfolio Protection Vehicles & Services

Author picture
Written by
Edited by

About Portfolio Protection Vehicles & Services

Portfolio Protection offers vehicle service contracts, also called extended warranties, that pay for the cost of repairs for covered components. These service contracts are available for automobiles, RVs, motorcycles and powersport vehicles. Portfolio Protection also provides asset protection plans, theft deterrent products and maintenance programs.

Our Buyers Guide Top Picks:

Protect My Car

Protect My Car

View Pricing
Endurance Auto Warranty

Endurance Warranty

View Pricing

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Portfolio Protection Vehicle Protection Products?

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

Just bought a brand new car and Dealer emotionally manipulated me to get this service. He never told me this was a 3 rd party and lied to me saying I could use any dealer I want Which it clearly says I have to be 30 minutes away. Dealer Star Hyundai says I can cancel in 5 months. I need to cancel immediately and they are not helping me.

Portfolio Protection Vehicles & Services response

Hi Michael, your complaint appears to be with the dealership that sold you the contract. Most contracts are cancellable and the cancellation refund comes from your selling dealership and is sent to the vehicle owner. We recommend contacting the Business Office of your selling dealership to initiate cancellation. You may also send your cancellation request to dallascancels@portfolioco.com. Thank you.

Original review: March 5, 2021

My daughter got into a accident. No fault of hers and they have came up with every excuse not to pay the Gap insurance. A Service I have paid for over 2 years. Now my daughter is out of a job due to no car, out of a car, and still is in debt for over $2700. Do not pay for Gap insurance from this company mostly if you deliver any type of product whether food or anything else. They will use that as an excuse not to pay.

Portfolio Protection Vehicles & Services response
Hi Troy,

We understand that a total loss is a great hardship and going through a claims process can be difficult when it does not get settled to your satisfaction. You are correct, GAP should not be purchased if any of these exclusions apply: Commercial Purposes means carrying goods, business related materials, or passengers for compensation. This includes, but is not limited to, using a vehicle as a taxi, or for delivery or delivery services where compensation is provided for those services.

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 18, 2020

I was under the impression I could take my vehicle to any Jeep dealer for service. Well lo and behold I have been at one for almost three hours today for this. Protection company inform me my stuff is covered but needs to be brought back to where I bought the vehicle. Seriously? This is 100% inconvenient for the customer that paid you just under me $3,000.00 for this dumb **. Ask if the dealer can go with another company for your protection and not this one.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

Absolutely a wonderful a professional company! I got a flat tire on a Saturday night, I went Sunday as I need brand new tire, Monday Morning I went to the dealership to find out how to get reimbursed. They told me just to call the number on my paperwork. I did that Tuesday Morning, got the paperwork faxed then faxed it back, I was told 7-10 business days I would receive my check for $170. Well it was on the 4th day I received a check $170! Thank ya'll for the fast & easy work. So worth the money I pay for the extended warranty! Ya'll are doing a great job!!

Original review: June 5, 2019

Part 1. This company is living up to its 2 star rating. I wish I had been aware of their reviews on this page. Dealing with them is like is like walking through sand wearing 10 lb shoes made of molasses. Making personal contact is difficult, their reply to the dealership runs at the speed of the pony express. They want to use shoddy OEM parts. How shoddy? The first that was sent by Meridian (Portfolio’s version of Harbor Freight) didn’t work, not a bit of compression out of this compressor. I hope the next one, if and when it arrives, makes it beyond a few months.

They purposely take so long to do things that you are wary of actually trusting them to pay for your rental, which will only be for five days (when Portfolio knows good and well they will draw out this process for at least two weeks. It took days just to get permission to look into my ac problem. Then they drag their feet on parts (which ended up defective). Now rather than letting Nissan use their compressor, we are stuck waiting on Portfolio and Meridian to make the next grueling, begrudging move. My Nissan Pathfinder has now been in for just shy of two weeks. Hope I get her back before the conclusion of summer break. I really miss her banging sound system. Stay tuned for Part 2 of How the World of Portfolio Turns.

Original review: May 2, 2017

While on Spring Break in San Antonio, Texas, I had a flat tire on a Sunday. I don't know why the garage was open, but they said my tire was ruined and they'd have to replace it. They found a replacement for this rare tire on a crossover SUV, and I was on my way within 2 hours. But they said they saw my Portfolio card in my car and gave me the 800 number to call. I submitted my receipt for around $250 online, got expert friendly help from the Portfolio lady, and my check in less than 2 weeks to reimburse me 100%. Not many warranty places actually help you get your reimbursement check. Best warranty service I've ever experienced.

Quick and easy. Get matched with an Auto Warranty partner.