Palmetto Ford

Charleston, SC

Compare Auto Dealers

Research top Auto Dealers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I bought a 2015 Mustang GT premium from this dealership. I drove 2 and a half hours to get it because I thought I was getting a really good vibe from the place. This was going to be the 2nd 2015 Mustang GT premium I had owned, I traded the first one in because I wanted the performance package. I know what a well put together Mustang is, and the first one I put 2800 miles on was a great example. I bought the car at night, as the dealer was closing because I had to go after work.

Anyway, drove the car home and parked it in my garage. I drive it every week on Friday. I have owned it since late March. I started noticing little issues, then more and more and more on the vehicle. More body panel alignment issues than I can describe in one post, the dashboard bubbling up where the leather rests, the loose seat covers that already have creases in them. Tons of problems that should have been found by the inspector upon delivery. The stitching on the dash was coming loose and frayed, same on the seats.

I contacted Ford corporate and the local dealership. I have given the car to the body shop to attempt repair. They are unable to fix the issues. I have been told my whole dashboard needs replaced. My passenger seat cover needs replaced. The front bumper, the doors, the rear trunk lid, and many other things are completely out of whack. I made the mistake of assuming the 2nd Mustang would be as well made as my first.

I called the General Manager. Spoke to him about the issues (first noticed all these issues at 700 miles, two road trips). He said there is nothing he will do except take it on trade and put me in a new Mustang. I was offered around 33000 for my Mustang I paid 40000 for. I don't understand why the dealership can't make this right. Corporate and four other Ford dealerships have advised me to speak to the GM for a replacement, that he could fix it. He offered to provide the buyer's order, which I already have. Basically, told me I should have noticed the problems at delivery. My car has spent over 2 weeks in the shop already, and now I have a brand new car that needs torn apart to get half fixed. I may as well have bought a used car that'd been in a wreck.

I don't want free stuff, free money. I simply want the dealership to stand up to their promise to make the customer happy, which they have failed to do. I don't want to do the BBB Auto Line, which is why I've called Corporate so many times, called so many dealerships, and tried so many avenues to get this corrected. I want the same exact car, minus the problems.

I'm really sad about this car. I really love Ford, always have, but this experience has completely soured my taste for them. I am now seriously looking at going Honda. Sad, I know, but I don't want these issues again. I am hoping I get contacted by Palmetto Ford to explore even maybe a VERY aggressive trade towards a vehicle at their lot, but that was shut down too. I wish they would make this right, but I guess their word is just that, words on a computer screen. I would recommend staying away.

I went to the establishment of Palmetto Ford to get a car checked for repairs. The repair shop was closed. I was invited to look at the cars with one of the salespeople and I looked around and drove two cars on two separate visits. I was encouraged to make a purchase. I told the salesperson that I did not want a car payment and had no money to put down.

I was asked to see what my credit score looked like. I was informed from a credit class that if any facility would pull your credit, they are entitled to give you a copy of your credit report. I explained to the salesperson that my scores have went down due to inquires, and that I wanted a copy of my credit report once it is pulled. My credit was pulled and I was told that I had no score.

I know that if I continue to have my score pulled, it will go down to the basement. I am entitled to my report ant I NEED my report to be able to go any further. Please allow me to have my credit report from Palmetto Ford. I believe that I was misinformed and that Palmetto Ford DOES NOT want to give me my report with the consideration of me going somewhere else to use it. It is my report and I am entitled to it.

We are first time owners of a 2001 Ford Focus and the followings things are wrong with our car: 3 un-operating windows fuel pump had to be replaced a/c does not work handles above window in the backseat have broken lighter does not work radio volume control on the fritz broken steering colum, have to keep replenishing steering fluid

1. They sold me the NEW Saleen without a Monroney Sticker on the car. The sticker they had on the car mislead me to the real msrp amount. 2. They sold me a car with a voided Saleen Warranty, due to their negligence. 3. I have found overspray on the wheel wells and chasis.

I feel they mislead me on the whole deal and want my money back. 1&2 I have in writting. 3. I can have professional write up their opinion.

2003 Ford Expedition I was driving at 45 mph on two lane hwy. 2006 saturn turned in front of me. I hit saturn in the passenger front and rear door panels. All air bags deployed on saturn. No airbag deployment on Expedition. Front airbag sensor is pushed into radiator. No brakes applied in crash, no time.

No physical damage to me other than a few sore spots on my legs and chest from seat belts.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Palmetto Ford?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

ford is knowingly putting defective tires on vehicles, bought brand new truck towards the end of december within two weeks the sidewall of one of the tires blew out, when went to the dealership service person said that it was a constant problem they were having but there was nothing that they could do, so bought a tire and about a month later the same thing happened, tire blew out, witout me hitting anything,and slung me into curb almost flipping the truck. did some damage to the truck(rims,bumper,and door)they know that the tires are weak and should not be on there but they are a cheaper tire so that is why this keeps happening, and ford says that i should replace all the tires... why did they not do that before i bought the truck or at least tell me about the situation when i was dealing with them

Palmetto Ford Company Profile