Find a Car Dealerships partner

Conshohocken, PA

1.5/5 (41 ratings)
Find a Car Dealerships partner
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Drivehere.com

Information About DriveHere.com, Drive Here, and DriveHere for Consumer Affairs Reviewers.

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Drivehere.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Drivehere.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about DriveHere.com, Drive Here, DriveHere?

Original review: March 3, 2018

The issue is I just purchased the vehicle 2 weeks ago from them and this vehicle was sold to me at $850 and I've made 2 payments of $109.90 and I've only been able to drive the car 3 times without the tire going flat since I purchased it. Of course you would expect the report you're getting about the payments yet I'm not a annoyed person about the payments because I'm very aware of how these so called “For the consumer” buy here pay here places work but this company is solely aiming to rip the consumers off and the way they got me is by getting me to wait 6 days after I purchased the vehicle (mind you I purchased the vehicle 02/17/18) to be serviced when I called the very next day (02/18/18) telling them the issue because it didn't start until I left off the lot.

I came in Monday (02/20/18) to get it serviced. They did nothing to fix my issue and made me wait 3hrs to be “serviced” where after I was done I left and the very next day I was on the expressway with my fiancée and 9month old daughter when the car went flat again so I called them (02/21/18) and they made me wait until today (03/03/18) to come back in where they attempted to charge me $200 for a new rim on the vehicle that I've been trying to tell them was messed up since the 18th of February.

After about 30minutes of arguing and me threatening to call Better Business Bureau they decided to not charge me and send me home on a spare and tell me when they change it again I should “Look into getting fix-a-flat In case it happens again” and I asked them "Why can't you guys just put me into a new vehicle instead of getting me to leave with a safety risk car saying you'll have my new tire and rim by Tuesday (03/06/18)" and their answer was "For us to give you a new vehicle you need to pay us $2500 to end this contract on this vehicle and start a new one" and this is a insane rip off. They're charging me in total for the lease $10000 for a vehicle and I have paid 2 notes already for a car I haven't been able to drive.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

So from beginning this company was full of crap. They would so called fix something just for me to bring it back the next few days or weeks and would say it’s not the same problem just so I would have to pay. So my repair fees accumulated to about $2,000. They called me almost every day at one point to tell me that I NEED to pay $30 more every 2 weeks to start covering those repairs. I agreed and mind you this was about a year/a year and a half ago. Today I went to pay my bill and the lady said “ok 160 was taking off your card” oh sn: I started paying with prepaid cards every week so they could stay out of my account because they were going in whenever they wanted and was taking payments I didn’t owe, payment that wasn’t due yet, going into my family account to pay my bill because they saved their cards onto my account when they would come through and pay my bill for me, even after telling them to take it off.

So I said “what you mean 160. It’s suppose to be 190. Isn’t that what you guys were harassing me for?” She said well they been only taking out 160... so for over a year I been thinking they were taking 190 when they were only taking 160 so I spoke to a supervisor and he’s telling me there’s nothing he can do. Oh and by the way I, of course, no longer save these prepaid cards. I just pay my bill and throw them away. So I just lost over $1,000. I hate this company and all I can tell you guys is run and keep on running cause this company sure are scammers.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I have been a customer of Drive Here for 5+ yrs. I'm on my second car only because the previous was in such bad condition, it was unfix-able. I had to have a trade-in but only to have to re-start the lease for another 3 yrs. Unfortunately I had no choice. The first year with the 2004 Mustang there were no major issues. The issues that came about were fixed at no charge.

Here I am 2 yrs in. My lease is up October 2018. I brought the car in for inspection to the Norristown service station for Conshohocken Drive Here, again no issues when I brought it in. That was in the beginning of November. One week goes by, Nobody had called me to update me, nobody calls me back when I call/leave a message at Drive Here Conshohocken or the Norristown service station. All this time I'm relying on others to take me back and forth to work and so on. Finally I get a callback and I'm told "there is only one person that does inspections and they are on vacation". SERIOUSLY! Ok so, they have my Mustang for another couple days. I'm told, "It's ready. Come pick it up."

I have my husband drive me over. Pick up my car (remember I haven't had my car for two weeks). I drive home with husband in too and I can't get the car to have enough power out of second gear (the car is a stick shift) and it's making LOUD noises all the way home with blue smoke pouring out the tail pipe. So I call. They come tow the car and take it back to the Norristown service station. Days go by and I get a hold of somebody. The Mgr. Mechanic tells me they couldn't get it started. Come to find out it's because the person working on it didn't know how to start a stick shift. How much ** are these people going to tell me??? (It's been a little over three weeks if you're trying to keep up!)

Finally I can pick it up and there are still loud noises. The service station mgr. said they just don't have qualified people to fix the problem. After about five days and messages left at Drive Here Conshohocken, I get a call back from the General Mgr. I have the car towed to Essington Philly station by his recommendation. Apparently their mechanics are more qualified? Ok, So now they have the car for a week. I can Pick it up. I leave work two hours early because we were told they close at 4:00 on Sat. (I get there and they really close at 5:00.) I bite the bullet and pay the $140.00 Which I really shouldn't have. I get into my car and Bam! The car doesn't start!!!! When I'm waiting for them to come outside, I smell a cat pee smell on the floor mats and look in the back seat and see paw prints and brown smudges on the back passenger seat. I'm now in tears and infuriated.

After talking to their Customer Service mgr...and the head mechanic they all PROMISE they will have my car detailed and fixed at no charge. Tell me something I don't know right? That was this past Sat. 12/30/2017. They should be contacting me today 1/2/2018... I should get my $140.00 returned as well but haven't gotten that far yet... I paid for repairs and the car still doesn't start and I don't know if the car even runs well at this point. I need somebody to contact me ASAP. Representative? Corporate? Owner? Somebody!!!

P.S. I've been making ALL my payments on time ever since the beginning But I haven't had my car in over five weeks! (About $600.00 in payments PLUS, insurance of course and still no car.) P.S.S. I was told If I try to break my lease, it would be on my credit report as a "voluntary repo". Are you people serious?! In need of HELP from somebody who actually knows their job well. --- EXTREMELY unsatisfied customer.

Original review: July 21, 2017

I went there and the people was so nice before I got the car. I put 500 down on a car and I had to pay them 225 every two week which I think was too much but anyway I had the car for about 5 weeks and the car turned off on me and it had a strong smell of gas. So I called them and they told me that they can't do anything about it so more or less when I looked under the car it was a gas leak and I called them back and laid them out. I had to 10 different people before I got help so it took them almost 3 weeks smh. I hate this place. Pls don't go here.

Original review: July 20, 2017

I am in love with both Julian ** and Scarlet **. They both explained everything to worry. I can understand what I'm doing and signing. They are the best manager in training here at DriveHere. They did such a great job. I'm thinking about applying to work here. What more can I say about them only is they are awesome.

Original review: July 17, 2017

When I bought my car in February 2016 the car was OK but with minor issues... after successfully paying for my car on time for 14 months straight the engine blew. I called the service department to have them service the car. They tell me oh we don't have the time to work on the car neither can we guarantee a loaner... that was issue #1. Then the second issue when it comes to the payment. First off when you call them to make a payment on your account the rep asks is this a one time payment method, use yes or no. Of course I'm not letting you keep any card info on file. So to make a long story short drive here placed debit card info on file without any authorization to do so. Illegally took a payment out of this account without any authorization from me or the card owner. Then sent an email clearly saying one time payment only... but yet when you speak to them they say they keep the card info on file.

When the cardholder called them with me online they cussed them out. Lied and said that they got permission to take the payment. Was told by not one but 2 different reps that they would get their money back. Lied about that... Then to add to the mess info you make a payment using any method other than cash they will go through all those accounts trying to take any amount out and where they messed up at is that they send generic email receipts showing their attempts. Only reason I found out as much as I did is because my bank and the other person's bank alerted us... Stay clear away. Run... FYI when you're leasing a vehicle it's usually on brand new cars not cars with over 90k miles on them. That's what a true lease is because at the end of your lease with drive here they will try to smack you with a huge payment.

Original review: July 1, 2017

I came to Drivehere.com because mine was overheating. Drivehere.com got me a good deal for my trade in and got me into a new car! I'm so excited with the results that Dennis was able to get me, plus stay within my budget.

Original review: May 21, 2017

I went to DriveHere, seen a truck that I liked and started the process of obtaining it. I met the lobby consultant who informed me how they working and he asked me for all my basic info. My meeting with him concluded to me saying I was comfortable paying my weekly payment of $91 a week for an 2002 Ford F-250. He said based off his end "everything looked good to go, and based off what I put down I should be leaving with the vehicle of my choice". Afterwards, I was introduced to their finance consultant.

During the series of questions asked from her, she asked me about my previous vehicle. I told her I don't drive it and it's home until salvaged/sold. She also asked me what would I feel comfortable paying as a down deposit. I told her $1000, she said fine (excitingly!!). The payment consultant told me based off my working history, "everything looks fine and I shouldn't have any problems getting the vehicle". She then says she'll turn in whatever information she just obtained from me will now be turned over to her manager.

Now... After finally being able to speak to the manager after many back and forth message passing between the lobby consultant and I, in which in 1 message was that Drive Here might want to have my other vehicle. I asked "what does 1 have to do with the other?" & "am I obligated to give up my crappy vehicle which lead me to their lobby in the 1st place?" After frustration levels started rising, I finally ask to speak to the manager. He tells me... "Drive Here doesn't like when people have 2 cars because normally the 2nd car is often repo'd." I ask "after being told that it's clear that I can pay for the vehicle I chose, what does my old vehicle (which brought me here) have to do with this?" He answers "it's up to "the owner" at this point, and I might want to look at thinking about putting down 2500 or more for the truck".

My mind is all over the place now. I asked "who is the Owner?", because he made it pretty clear from the beginning that he had the final word. I asked him "why is it that both consultants gave me the green light until the fact of me having another car (running or not) came into the picture?" He didn't have a answer. I continue to stump him with more questions. I ask him "why do I have to put more money down when they advertise $1 down, I have outstanding working history?" No answer. I ask "what is the base value for the vehicle?" LISTEN UP, he says "there isn't a base value for their inventory for those numbers change". So basically for 3 years I would've paid $91 a week for 36 months ($13,104), before I have the option to buy it off for an additional amount between $1700-2700. Basically they can charge you whatever they want as a down deposit be use it doesn't go towards the value of the vehicle... If I didn't know any better I think he skim some from the top.

I believe Drive Here takes advantage of those who are truly in need. I'm glad I went there (although the I was over qualified if you ask me) because I can now share my experience. They prey on those who have bad credit. After seeing that I had a good job and money in my pocket to make a down deposit, he try to see how much can he get out of me. Remember he said there is no principal value on those vehicles, so you're paying whatever number they come up with for 3 years and none of that money is going towards anything. When I told him the same thing I just wrote in these previous sentences he looked at me and shrugged a shoulder as if whatever I said wasn't going to get me anywhere. I wasn't budging nor was he so I left. Save yourself the time and spend that money else where. I almost paid 13k in 3 years for a 2002 truck that in 2020 would probably be on its last leg. I say that to say this, they prey on the ignorant.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

Oh my God, I am regretting the minutes and seconds ever going into this dealership to purchase a defective car. They have the sign that states "Drive today we with one dollar". I purchased the first car, 2003 Subaru and it was a disaster. After numerous failures to repair the car, I was switched into a different car, 2003 Mazda of which has transmission problem. The car also have other problems, and they kept the car for over three weeks without repairing the car. The very day it was returned, it broke down again.

I don't what kind of a owner that keeps lying to the public. I am very frustrated and disappointed about the many lies from this company. Yes, they have aggressive tone of voice when you complained about their defective cars. I can't handle the misrepresentations from these people anymore. My car has transmission problems and others. This company needs to be closed permanently. They are robbing the public big time. I am calling on the PA Attorney General to strongly intervene so as to bring justice to the customers. The prices are way too high, and frustrating. Would you share my story?

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

My husband has had his car for just over a year; he took it in for inspection which it did not pass. It needed extensive work for a car that he only had for a year. They did the work and tried to hit him with a $1200 service bill, which included 4 new tires. Why would a car he only had for 12 months need 4 new tires? What that says to me is that they were no good when you leased the car. We fought the bill and they dropped it down to $800. Once the car was returned to my husband, he had it for only one week and the check engine light came on, he took it back; there was something else wrong with it, which should have been fixed from the first appointment.

This time they tried to hit him with the bill again, which he fought, because the problem from the first visit was never fixed. My husband has been back and forth with this car for going on two months. Every time it's something new, they say it's fixed and it's not. Now it's the fuel injection, the car is spilling fuel and the fumes are intense. Monday after receiving the car back on Saturday, which they came and towed it on Friday - it still has the same issue, this morning it would not start and the fumes were so intense that you could smell them as soon as you walked outside.

I know there are other people that have similar experiences, we need to band together and file a lawsuit or class action suit. My husband is dependent on this car to get back and forth to work. He is currently paying over $400 a month for an undependable and unreliable piece of junk that is draining our pockets. He puts gas in the car and it spills out. He has to be to work at 6:00 in the morning which now I have to get up and take him there and drive back home, which is another expense because that is gas for my car and the wear and tear. We need help, we need to know how we can get this company to be accountable and produce what they have promised and not just take peoples money.

My husband has asked for them to swap out the car, but they refuse, they keep saying they are going to fix it. How many times does the same issue have to be fixed. I know that once they have you locked into a contact it's hard to get out, however he is not trying to get out of the contact, he is just trying to get what is reasonable, a car that he can depend on to get him back and forth to work, so that he can pay his payments. If he can't get to work then he can't pay his bills, which includes this car, which if he can't pay the payment then they are going to be really to repo the car. Anyone reading this review please do yourself a favor and walk away. Do not lease a car from this company you will regret it!!!

Drivehere.com Company Information