Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.53/5

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

O'Reilly Auto Parts Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about O'Reilly Auto Parts?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about O'Reilly Auto Parts?

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

I needed a replacement battery for my 2011 Hyundai Santa Fe, removed the old 5 year battery and took it to my nearby O'Reilly Auto Parts store. The clerk said they didn't carry 5 year batteries and in fact, they were no longer manufactured. They carried only 2 and 3 year batteries but only had a two year one that would fit the Santa Fe and it did not come with a handle. The price was $162 and change. I decided to go to the Hyundai dealer and quickly got a five year battery with a handle for $134. I will never go back to O'Reilly, not even for windshield wipers.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

I ordered some brakes for my truck, domestic and very basic. They did not offer the option to ship to store only to my home and that's great. A week later and I still don't have my brakes, I called to check on the order and they just canceled it and did not email text or anything. Order elsewhere, they really don't care.

Get buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

I went to the O’Reilly store located in North Little Rock behind the Walmart store. I have never been here before and I won’t come back anytime soon. The parking lot is very dark because the outside lights that are on the building are not working. There wasn’t any lighting around the side of the building either and the lights that are on the nearby streets aren’t very bright. After I made my purchase of a 2 ton hydraulic jack, which isn’t what it weighs but it’s how much it can lift, Was still very heavy. I also had a walking boot on my left foot from a recent injury. No one offered to help me take it to my car.???

Original review: Oct. 5, 2020

My vehicle would not start and the issue appeared to be a dead battery. I went to an O'Reilly Auto Parts store and purchased a Super Start battery. They assured me that the batteries are fully charged from the factory. After installing the new Super Start, my car engine would still not crank. I had to have my car towed, spent two hours of diagnostic charge, purchased and installed two new starter relays in hopes that that was my issue.... all to no avail. I then checked the charge on the new Super Start battery and it was 60%.... Not enough to turn over my engine. After fully charging the battery, my car started with no issue.

I went three weeks without a vehicle and spent several hundred dollars all because I was sold a non-charged battery. The O'Reilly store will not do anything for me... Told me to bring in the towing receipt and they would send it up the line but no promises. I called the warranty number on your battery and they said "Thanks, we'll make a note of it" and would do nothing more. I contacted O'Reilly through there website and received the following:

Thanks for your reply. We were able to find the sales purchase dated 6/19/20. We have forwarded this information to our district management so it can be investigated.

Sincerely,
      Fred V.
      O'Reilly Customer Satisfaction
      888-327-7153

----

Since then, nothing for two months. I've sent numerous followup emails with no response. Terrible service and a bad product.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

Went to buy a car seat cover. The box had been opened but no big deal. When I go to install there's no headrest covers so I return it. About a wk later I see it back on the shelf awaiting the next unsuspecting customer.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

Went to get a bulb for my car. $51.00 and had to buy a pair. Was told this was the only one. Came home...wrong bulb. Went back...still claim is the only bulb. Watched YouTube video, tore assembly off...wrong bulb. Went on website for O'Reilly, there is the correct bulb and comes as singles for $21. Imagine that. Guess they think I am some dumb female. Guess they are going to find they have light where they didn't before when I return it.

Original review: July 18, 2020

I had been driving all morning pulling my hair out trying to fix my rearview mirror and no one wanted to help me out until I went to the O'Reilly's on 7th Street in St. Paul. Chu who works there graciously helped me out so much. I am so grateful. I will be going back there.

Original review: July 4, 2020

I will never ever go to O'Reilly again. I bought a pair of rotor hubs from them and the guy tells me that I could bring it back if I didn't use it. So two weeks later I go to take the part back with the receipt and they start telling me it couldn't be one of ours that its impossible from the date of the receipt...saying it looks old and that it has cobwebs...I don't give a flying ** if it was covered in webs and **. It's your part...never again I will be going to any Orreilly's....I should have listened to the old timers... They are nothing but a corrupt company and not willing to stand by the junk they sell.....** you guys!...THIEVES!

Original review: May 3, 2020

Buy a master cylinder clutch and a slaver cylinder clutch for an 89 Toyota pickup. Worked well for 4 months so they failed. I went to the store and got it replaced. I put it on and they worked for 4 months well but they failed them. Again I replaced them another once I work for 4 months well but they failed again and I don't know what to do. Anyone help me please.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

Very quick battery change and very knowledgeable about other issues I had. The young men at the Morristown TN East end are very nice and will do their best to find the answers and the products needed.

O'Reilly Auto Parts Company Information