One Day Paint and Body

Compare Auto Service and Repair

Research top Auto Service and Repair recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

1 Day Paint & Body painted my van. Discovered the paint was wrinkling, other places chipping, found shades of the paint color covering restricted places. Came in later they told me the business had shut down. 5 years warranty down the drain.

I called today about a paint job I had done on my car two years ago. The paint is fading and I had a 5 year guarantee. The person answering the phone told me that 1 Day Paint went out of business about a year and a half ago. I guess that 5 year guarantee wasn't worth the money.

The quality and customer service is very poor. The first paint job was in June 2008. After just over 3 yrs, the paint job started to crack and peel. I was told it was because too much paint was on the car. They agreed to redo the paint job but kept the car about 3 months. The car was to be sanded down to the metal they said. Now a little over a year later, the paint is cracking and peeling worse than the first time. After speaking to the Covina and main office Mgrs, they declined to make the paint job right. They claimed the warranty period had expired. The repainted car was painted the incorrect color from the original. This has caused serious appearance problems with my car.

I have a 1986 Monte Carlo. I took my car for a paint job. I have taken it back four different times. They paint my key holes muffler. I have orange peel, fish eyes, bubbles, running paint just all around a worthless job. I contacted corporate and they had the nerve to tell me that they do basic paint work and if I wanted it right I should have paid $12,000 to get a full restoration. I recommend no one go to the Zuni and San Pedro location in Albuquerque, NM. I will try the 1st Street one and see how they do...

I have a 1974 Nova that I had painted by One Day Paint and Body. The emblems on the car were painted and the key holes on the car were painted. The body work that was done was horrible and, not even a year later, there is paint chipping all over the car. I took it back to the shop and asked if he could remove the paint from the car emblems and the key holes but I was refused and told to do it myself. I paid 800 dollars for the paint job and 250 dollars for the paint.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about One Day Paint and Body?

On 8-23-2012, I took my company van over to One Day Paint and Body in Victorville, CA to have it repainted (mind you, the paint was just old). Before I took it over to them, I removed the grill, lights, mirrors, and taillights, and I turned the signal lights off of the van so they wouldn't have to. When I dropped it off, I told them to sand the body good and make sure the paint was laid right; they told me that they would. When they called me two weeks later to say my van was done, it was very cloudy and dark, so I couldn't really see all of the bad work in the paint. The next day was a good and clear day and showed everything in the paint; my hood had bad streaks in it, and the paint was excessively orange peeled. The paint was a blur along with dry spots in the paint, and they sanded part of my business name off of the back windows where they weren't supposed to touch, and they used a black marker to hide their overspray on the black parts of my van, and I got overspray on my chrome wheels and air dam.

When I took the van back and complained, they said, “Bring it back in two weeks and we will repaint it.” So, I did. The second time I got it back, it was just as bad; nothing changed in the paint, but this time, they dented my roof and didn't say anything to me about it. I called their corporate office, and they had a rep come over and look at it. I showed him all of the problems and showed him that they didn't sand it, because the paint was peeling off already. I also showed him the partially sanded name on the back windows and the dents on the roof that they didn't say anything about and how they acted when I called them on it - they just stood there and looked at me like a bunch of idiots and I didn't know what I was talking about. His reply was “What do you want us to do about it? We can repaint it and put Bondo in your roof to fix it.” I told him it didn't have dents in the roof and I don't want a load of Bondo in it. I told him they had two chances to do it right, just refund me my money, and reimburse me for the dents and name on the van.

I also told the rep that they charged me for a color change, the van was painted the same factory color that it was, and that they changed my warranty from three years to one year on the paint job; no reply from him on this matter and then he left. The rep called me a week later and told me to go have my van repainted somewhere else and then he will refund my money. I told him, “Fine, are you going to reimburse me for having my company name redone and the extra I will have to spend to have the dents in the roof fixed right?” He told me no, and “to prove we dented your roof and sanded your name off of the van,” and I should be happy with the paint job because it looks better than it did. He got belligerent with me on the phone when I told him, “Then, I will just sue you people.” There's much more, but the list is too long.

This is my first review on yelp due to the completely faulty and incompetent work I received on my automobile. I would like to preface this story with the fact that this was a brand new BMW X5. It was brand new that was depreciated in value ($10,000) due to sheer negligence and disregard for another individual's property. The painters did not follow painting protocol and did not wrap up our brand new rims (valued $5-6k) or wheels. Neither did they wrap up our interior. As a result, there was white paint inside the chrome rims and on the black leather interior. There were puncture marks (4 in total) on the back seat of the vehicle and white fingerprints on the leather interior and windows. And that's not even mentioning the paint job! They did not spend any time prepping the vehicle (taping off the plastic from the paint). And they painted over everything, including plastic rubber areas that were supposed to remain black! To top it off, they used sharpie to color shade in portions of the vehicle that they got oversprayed on.

What kind of incapable, obtuse, and asinine workers do they hire? I could have hired better and harder working individuals at the local Home Depot! Anyway, I could go on with this pointless rant, as the issues I mentioned have not even scratched the surface of what happened to my vehicle. The point is that you should never do your business with them. We are ensuing in a lawsuit against them. It will certainly be a long one after our contact with their corporate office. Once again, can I say that they are incompetent? Please do not do business with them as it will be a waste of your money and time.

On April 1, 2010, I took my 1994 Honda Civic ex coupe in for a paint job and some body work. I paid for one of the better paint jobs they offer, the plus 3. I also had some body work done to certain parts of the car. I was to have some holes filled in my trunk hatch from a wing I had removed. The hood was to be aligned and the right door and quarter panel were to be rid of dents. When I got my car back, there is still a rather big dent on the top of my door that they missed, there was over spray all over the car including my door jams, inside my trunk, under my hood, all over my exhaust tip and muffler, and over my keyholes.

They also painted the weather stripping on my door, the drip railing on my roof and the plastic door panel along my window. I have pictures if you'd like a little bit more clarity. Anyway, all that stuff can't possibly be fixed. It's all rubber and plastic. None of it was supposed to be painted. I told the sales guy who helped me, David, and he made me leave the car another day to "get all the paint off" but when I got back the next day he had just painted over all the green metallic color that my car was painted with a black color to make it look like it was supposed to. They didn't even do a good job of that as there is still green showing through. The paint is already spreading from the heat of the rubber and plastic. There is also dripping on the left side of the front bumper and a piece of paint on the trunk hatch has already chipped.

I asked him why they had done such a poor job on the masking of all my weather stripping and body parts and why he painted parts of my car that were never supposed to be painted and he said that they are "not a body shop" and that they are a "production shop." He started giving me attitude like it was my fault that they had done such a shoddy job after I had paid them 900 dollars for it to be how he told me. I told him I was going to report him and his shop and he just threatened me, saying I was going to have to pay full price to get them to repaint it. I then left.

All my weather stripping is ruined by being painted. I'd have to get new panels for my doors that are now painted a gloss black color when they were just supposed to be plastic. I have to somehow get all the overs pray off the side moldings on my door. iId have to repaint over all the over spray in my trunk, under my hood, and in both of my door jams. I pretty much would have to repaint my car from the drip marks, the chip in the paint on my trunk, and other imperfections in the other panels.

I went over there to get my car repainted because the paint was falling off in certain areas as well i was gonna have the front bumper fixed and the side fender and would eventually pay for those two things except the paint cause i had warranty. I took my car there around march 2003 or the begining of April to get it done it stay there for quite a while because i had order the fender and it was suppose to get there anytime soon but it never did and we waited maybe a month after i got tired of the shop i order the parts from and told them to go ahead and paint the car and try to fix the broken fender since it was fiber glass.

After the car was done i think i waited around a week or two till i was able to go up to tucson and see how it came out i liked it alot and ask the price and told him i would pick it up in two days when i would have all the money, But when i went i notice the windows where down with my DVD player out so i told the employee taking care of me to please put the windows up because of the dvd. I think 3 days pass or 2 and i called telling him i was gonna go for my car the next day and told me that they had a problem that my DVD player had been stolen from my car and i asked if the alarm was on and he said yes and then i asked if they had put the windows up and said no that thats where they made the mistake. I called my father to his cell phone and told him what had happen my dad was currently in tucson and stoped by the shop and talk to the owner the owner said he was responsoble so he would pay for it but that he would try to get the insurance to cover it.Time pass and he started being even less helpful and starting backing up.

Finally i called better business bureau and explain my case but it did not help cause still to these day i havent gotten my DVD player back.

The excuse he made was that i didnt have full coverage insurance wich i couldnt have even if i wanted to because my car was salvage plus he had told us if the insurance wouldnt pay it he would take responsibility and he did not he just let time pass.Now if the windows would have been closed like i told them to do the people trying to still the DVD player would have not been able to have easy access to it because they would have had to break the window and the alarm would have gone off but they didnt have a hard time because they just got inside the car through the window and took the DVD player not only that but the owner had put my car outside the lot to display with the windows down and thats when they stold the DVD. He himself told my father about that. As a owner he should have been responsible and had the windows up at all times no matter what specially if he seen there was a very expensive DVD inside the car. Other cars had the windows down why did he leave mines down even after i had told them.I just htink its only fair and responsible of an owner to keep his word.

I am not asking for money for the trips i had to take over to tucson from Nogales several times plus the long distance phone calls to him to see what was going on. I simply want the money for my DVD or the DVD and i can take proof of the cost of it i had already talk to the store employee when it happen and i also have witnesses. Oh yeah and when my DVD was stolen the day i called it wasnt stolen it had actually been stolen a day before wich they did not call me the day it happen.

One Day Paint and Body Company Profile