4.5/5 (287 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About olive

olive is a consumer-informed mechanical breakdown coverage provider that seeks to offer a high-quality product at the right time in a transparent manner. Plan holders can cancel at any time or transfer the plan to a new buyer without a transfer fee. olive’s customers are in the driver’s seat when it comes to purchasing options and plan choices, and all rates are locked in for three years. Once you choose your deductible and coverage level, coverage begins the next day with no waiting period. olive is the official auto mechanical breakdown coverage partner of the NHL.

Pros

• Quote and buy online 24/7
  • No robocalls ever
  • No waiting period or inspection

Cons

• Preexisting conditions not covered
  • Vehicle must be 10 years or newer
  • Doesn’t cover some performance cars

Bottom Line

olive provides multiple solutions to cover your vehicle. olive has three plan levels with three deductibles available to purchase 100% online or over the phone. Your vehicle must meet age and mileage restrictions.

olive Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about olive?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about olive?

Original review: June 15, 2021

The process to purchase the warranty was easy. They gave me a quote. The rep answered a lot of questions that I had about the warranty. She was really helpful. The one I purchased covers everything except basic wear and tear on the car. And it was affordable.

Original review: June 14, 2021

Purchasing the plan was super easy. I spoke with a rep named Scott and he walked me through the process. He was really friendly and cordial. We picked a good plan that worked for me. I would definitely continue my service with them. They're just great all around.

olive response

Hi Aaron. Thanks for your 5 stars! Happy to hear that Scott made the purchasing process easy. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: June 13, 2021

The guy I dealt with was great. He was easy-peasy to work with. The application was simple and made sure my VIN number was going to come up the right way. ‘Cause I have a specialty vehicle, and we confirmed that it was gonna be good to go. And I got 185,000 miles up to, $55, $56 a month. I'm happy with everything.

olive response

Hi Ian. Thanks for your five stars. We are glad to hear that special consideration was taken with your situation. We strive for peace of mind with our customers. Let us know if we can be of any further help.

Original review: June 12, 2021

The rep I worked with was helpful. I liked the price and coverage they provided.

olive response

Hi Jessica. Thanks for the five stars! We are glad to hear you are happy with the price, coverage and the representative you spoke with was helpful. We are glad you chose olive for your coverage.

Original review: June 12, 2021

The lady that I spoke with at Olive was professional. She gave me a rundown on three different plans. She was saying that oil changes and wear and tear are something that they cover. I had just got an oil change myself two weeks ago and I was wondering was the oil change covered by us or them.

olive response

Anthony, basic maintenance is the owner's responsibility. If you have any more questions, we would be happy to talk with you. Reach out, at your convenience, to our chat representatives or our toll-free number at our website.

Original review: June 3, 2021

The sign-up process with Olive was not too hard at all. If I had questions, I was able to reach out to someone and have my questions answered.

olive response

Hi Chris. Thanks for letting us know that the quote process was not hard at all for you. We strive for peace of mind for all of our customers. We appreciate the five stars. Contacting olive should always be very easy, by sending a email, sending a message on the website or calling us.

Original review: June 3, 2021

Anything can happen with a car and dealer warranties are totally different from extended warranties. So if there's something my dealership is not going to cover, I'm hoping that olive will cover and it'll be less stressful on my pocket. When I signed up with them, their reps explained everything very well and were straight to the point.

olive response

Hi Janel. Thanks for your five stars! olive has nothing to hide. We have you covered. It is that simple. Glad to hear you had a good experience with getting your policy.

Original review: June 2, 2021

Olive's customer service was pretty good. They got us on it really fast and they're really nice. Even when I said I was gonna go look at something else, they were still understanding.

olive response

Hello Jessy. We are grateful for your five stars! We understand people like to compare us to others. Even happier when you find out that you would be in the best hands with olive!

Original review: June 2, 2021

Getting the contract with Olive was fine and easy. Also, the cost was good.

olive response

Hi Melissa. We are glad to hear it was easy to get your policy. We strive for peace of mind with our customers. Let us know if you need anything.

Original review: June 1, 2021

They asked questions like what kind of coverage I needed so I would be able to get the right coverage and a price that's reasonable. That is always convenient. Also, I liked that they're month-to-month.

olive response

Saneice, with 9 coverage options, we have what most people need. Thank you for giving olive the chance to give you peace of mind with your mechanical breakdown coverage.

Here if you need us,

Original review: June 1, 2021

The enrollment was very quick. There weren't a whole lot of ins and outs that I had to go through. I picked what I wanted and I like what the plan has to offer.

olive response

Glad to have ya with us, Donald! Let us know how we can improve and possibly raise this 3-star review to a five.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Have a great day,

Original review: May 31, 2021

I signed up online and it was pretty simple. Also, they seem to have everything we need.

olive response

Right on, Stephen! Welcome to the olive difference!

Original review: May 31, 2021

The website explained the coverage fine. Then, there was some sort of a follow-up call afterward from a real person so there was an opportunity to ask questions.

olive response

Glad we met your needs, George. Thank you for olive these stars!

Original review: May 30, 2021

My vehicle has been in the shop for a week or so now and they still can't get a hold of anyone at Olive. My mechanic hasn't heard anything and he called them and they're not propelling their business or something. I would tell others not to get Olive.

Original review: May 30, 2021

The customer service that I spoke with was extremely knowledgeable and helpful with Olive's product. The price and their term also seemed to be more favorable than anybody else. I compared total of four companies and Olive's coverage, price, and terms were the best. That was really nice because with the vehicle I drive, it would be expensive to fix.

There was a hiccup during my purchase. Olive's online platform is very good. It's just, somehow, we ended up with a hitch in the giddy-up with somebody else's weird marketing and I kept getting redirected to some site of somebody with a similar domain name. With that issue, I called Olive directly and they said I just had to go online and they would take care of it right then. Bing bang boom, they got it taken care of.

olive response
KC, thank you for sharing your experience and 5 stars with us!

We strive to be there for you when you need us, glad we could get the "hitch" taken care of and have you rollin' onto the next adventure.

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: May 29, 2021

Olive has the best price and service combined.

olive response

Emilee, thank you for your kind words and olive these stars!

Original review: May 29, 2021

Olive was the company that responded the best and the fastest to me. The customer service was very pleasant. Things weren't written and the person I spoke with actually acted like she was living and was really professional versus, "What else? Any other questions? Uh-huh. Yeah. Sure." I asked a lot of questions and she never seemed to be annoyed. Aside from being knowledgeable, she was also professional and friendly. We have CarShield on another vehicle and they sent us a very nice book detailing everything. I wish I could have received something like that from Olive.

olive response

Deborah, we would be happy to navigate you to your olive grove, where you can see the "book" or terms and conditions of your coverage. However, as a green company, we do not send out hard copies of anything. The links and chat options are on the website. Reach out if you would like assistance finding anything there.

Thank you for this very informative and shiny review!

Cheers,

Original review: May 28, 2021

Olive seemed like they were reasonable and they had a lot of good reviews. They also had great prices for the different premiums and the lady that signed me up was really nice. She was helpful and seemed like she knew what she was talking about.

olive response

Quanisha, thank you for this AWE-some review! We are happy all of your questions were answered and you chose to be part of the olive family.

Original review: May 28, 2021

I purchased a car warranty with a company that was pretty much a scam and I needed to get a different carrier. I did a little research and Olive is licensed through the California insurance commissioner's office. That was one of the primary reasons why I decided to go with them. They also had pretty good reviews. I spoke with a representative, who was very knowledgeable. He shared a lot of information with me and that helped in my decision. I asked some questions and within the following three days after conducting my due diligence, I decided to go with Olive.

The one thing that could use a little attention was when I obtained my quote online and even after I purchased the service, I continued to get solicitation advertising emails from Olive saying, "Don't forget that your quote is waiting." But I already purchased from them. That became a pain in the butt and made me feel sorry that I ever got the quote online. I ended up having to unsubscribe from Olive because they would send two emails a day and it was probably all done by robot. Unfortunately, the human interface is being phased out.

olive response

Digging deep into your coverage options is key to transparent and peace of mind coverage, Raed. Congratulations on a job well done! Thanks for olive these stars and welcome aboard!

Original review: May 27, 2021

I was looking at ratings and of the top five, olive was rated slightly higher than all the others. They were common names to me and olive wasn’t. I also did a lot of reviews and in the end, I chose to go with olive. Their signup process seemed to be straightforward and it didn't take long. We bought the plan that covers almost everything and we still haven't received a lot of the paperwork. So, if they’ve sent us anything, unfortunately, it may have gone through Memphis and Memphis has been bad about getting mail. It might take us a month to get anything from them. But we know we have the coverage and we can go online to it. We also called them the other day about the payment and the man was very nice. We wanted to know that the direct draft was set up for making the payment and he explained how it was.

olive response

Steve, we are so pleased your sign up process went smoothly and that you took the time to dig deep into your coverage options. Over here at olive, we are a green company. That means all of our communications are electronic and we save those trees every chance we can! You likely did not receive a ton of paperwork but rather, all correspondence through email.

Thank you for being part of the olive family and for a 5-star review!

Original review: May 27, 2021

I chose the top one warranty that would fit my car in terms of mileage. Olive was the best one of the five choices I had and I did all things online. I called one time to verify the fact that I could cancel anytime as I've got 101,000 on the car and I'll probably sell it before 150. Customer service said it was not a problem and when I spoke with them, they were very friendly. I really like the warranty I have.

olive response

Way to dig into your choices, Daniel! olive is shaking up the breakdown coverage industry and we are pleased you are on board. Reach out if we can help in any way.

Welcome to the family!

Original review: May 26, 2021

Olive had the highest rating and when I signed up with them, it was very easy. The hardest part was getting the little app up and going, myOlive. That was a little bit challenging but they walked me through the app after I got it. Other than that, everything was really smooth.

olive response
Wonderful 5-star review, Randy! We are so happy it was an easy process to bring you the olive difference.

Welcome to the family!

Original review: May 26, 2021

At first, the experience when signing up was a little bit edgy. But eventually, I received a call from Barbara who was supervisor. She was able to get me through the system and through the whole situation with no problem. Hopefully, it's a good outfit because if I ever do need it, I hope they're there for me. Having this type of extended warranty is similar to having a spare tire. It's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

olive response

You are absolutely right, Danilo! Being prepared for those pesky breakdowns is key. Thank you for this wonderful review.

Original review: May 25, 2021

My car is still under warranty from the manufacturer, so I'm still good, but I took Olive as a precaution for the longer run. I'm let down though. The rep told me that they have some dealers, but I don't see any Audi dealers in the list. Why would he tell me they have two dealers, which I already gave the information I have an Audi? He should have just told me that they do not have an Audi dealer. I checked both in Texas and in New York, and all I see are just the local auto dealers. Apart from that, the rep explained the coverage good and I already told few people about them.

olive response

Denil, you may use our network or any ASE Certified mechanic you choose, for your Audi repairs. This would include a dealership. Please reach out if we may assist further on this or any concern you may have.

Thank you for choosing olive and for this 4-star review. We strive to bring you peace of mind with your coverage and are here at your convenience.

Have a wonderful day,

Original review: May 25, 2021

Olive sounded like it was good company. It was different in that it had a shorter term so the price was lower and that was somewhat appealing to me. The person I talked to, Rachel, was very cordial and real helpful. I’ve talked to a couple people but she was the main one that helped me. It was a good experience and I'm hoping that when I call for a claim at some point that I can get the same treatment. The companies I dealt with in the past with either auto or home warranties, the moment you have a claim, that's when you find out what's going on. It's so difficult sometimes to get answers or get somebody to respond to you or call you back. That's when the disclosures come out and they tell you, "We don't cover that." I'm hoping that that's not the case with Olive. That's why I was doing the research to find out but so far, so good.

olive response

Mark, we encourage you to dig deep into your coverages, good job! Welcome to the olive family, we will be here in the event that you should ever need us for repairs. Rachel is pretty awesome and we are happy she was able to answer olive your questions.

Original review: May 24, 2021

Having coverage is valuable, ‘cause anything could happen. I wanted something that would cover the big majority stuff on my vehicle. When I purchased an Olive policy, I started online, and then I got a call. The rep was good. Things were explained to me too, but since I've never done anything like it, it was confusing. Other than that, so far, so good.

Hello Marcie!

We are happy to bring you peace of mind coverage, that will keep you rollin' on olive your adventures!

Reach out anytime, for questions.

Original review: May 24, 2021

I thought Olive was the better company and the guy that I spoke to on the phone was pretty knowledgeable and seemed really nice. The sales experience was great.

olive response

Happy to hear it was an easy process, Eduardo! Thank you for these stars and for choosing olive as your mechanical breakdown coverage company.

Original review: May 23, 2021

The protection specialist answered any questions that I had at the time and left the door open for me to call back and ask him anything else if I needed to. I've purchased extended warranties before and this experience is better. I felt like I was getting more for my money this time around. But during the process, the site was a little glitchy when I was trying to get a quote. Then, when I started the process, the agent called me back and he said I didn't put in the mileage, but it was the site at the time that wasn't allowing me to. But that's the only thing. Other than that, I recommend the app.

olive response
Kevoughn, we apologize for the technical glitch. Sometimes, we may have a temporary issue, but am thankful it was easily remedied.

Thank you for the 4-star review, we are glad to welcome you to the olive family.

Original review: May 23, 2021

I did have a negative experience with Olive. It sounded good when I first signed up. They advertise that when you buy their extended warranty, you're covered the next day. I bought my extended warranty on the day I purchased my vehicle. It's a BMW. When stuff started going wrong with the car, they said, "Your coverage is too new. We're not going to cover that." Right after I gave all of $400, I ended up spending about $1,500 at the BMW dealership getting a few things on the car. One of them was a battery which wasn't covered by Olive. I don't even know if I want to call them in the future because I don't know if they're going to think that it's something pre-existing. I kind of feel screwed over a little bit, but it happens when it comes to this type of stuff.

olive response
Oh no, Chad! Sorry to hear of your experience. We urge you to look over your terms and conditions, located on our website, as we strive for transparency. Our mechanical breakdown coverage does not cover pre-existing conditions or basic maintenance (like batteries or head lamps) unless it is part of a mechanical malfunction.

We would be happy to answer any questions to clarify this coverage, if you reach out at your earliest convenience.

Have a great day,

Original review: May 23, 2021

Olive has good coverage for a decent price. It was an easy purchase basing off talking with a representative too and not just going through the online process.

olive response
Wow Kelly! Thank you for olive these stars!

We strive to make it an easy process, all around. Glad we delivered.

Have a wonderful day,