4.4/5 (202 ratings)
Call Center Open

About olive

olive is a consumer-informed mechanical breakdown coverage provider that seeks to offer a high-quality product at the right time in a transparent manner. Plan holders can cancel at any time or transfer the plan to a new buyer without a transfer fee. olive’s customers are in the driver’s seat when it comes to purchasing options and plan choices, and all rates are locked in for three years. Once you choose your deductible and coverage level, coverage begins the next day with no waiting period. olive is the official auto mechanical breakdown coverage partner of the NHL.

Pros

• Quote and buy online 24/7
  • No robocalls ever
  • No waiting period or inspection

Cons

• Preexisting conditions not covered
  • Vehicle must be 10 years or newer
  • Doesn’t cover some performance cars

Bottom Line

olive provides multiple solutions to cover your vehicle. olive has three plan levels with three deductibles available to purchase 100% online or over the phone. Your vehicle must meet age and mileage restrictions.

olive Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about olive?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about olive?

Original review: Nov. 9, 2020

I bought a car and chose not to get the warranty there. I heard good things and read Olive's reviews, and it seemed like a good idea. Signing up was an easy process.

olive response

Thank you for the 5 Stars Brian and welcome to olive. We have all been there - feeling like you have to make a decision at the dealership without having an opportunity to research your options is not great. Glad you held off and got the better solution for your needs. Unlike most of those programs, with olive you can cancel anytime, and our 100% online service backed by our no pressure customer advocates is how we try to provide a no pressure "extended car warranty" solution for your peace of mind. (Technically called Mechanical Breakdown Insurance in California (MBI) or Vehicle Service Contracts (VSC) in the rest of the US)

Original review: Nov. 8, 2020

The coverage on my Infinity 260 was getting close. Plus we were paying a boatload of money for it. When I talked to the lady in regards to what the coverage was and cost, it made it affordable for me to do that. She was by far one of the best customer service representatives that I've ever talked to. Since I'm in the customer service type business, it was important that she treated me with the utmost respect and was very knowledgeable of what the coverage was.

I talked to a few people over at Olive when I couldn't get hold of my salesperson, and they were extremely helpful and more than willing to help out. I'm in the sales side of the business and I know that most companies will grade you on the amount of services they sell. The guys that answered the phone prior to that had a lot of respect for the other person that sold us the business and they didn't try to poach the business for themselves.

olive response

Thank you for the 5 Stars Richard. Adding on olive's Mechanical Breakdown Coverage (in California or a Vehicle Service Contract (IN the rest of the US) as your factory vehicle warranty expires is the perfect way to make sure your vehicle is covered against unexpected, expensive repairs. Our easy monthly payments, no waiting period and 9 different program options that you can cancel or upgrade anytime is how we set olive apart from the other options out there. On top of that we are usually the best value for the dollar.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2020

I have another 18 months to pay on the car. It's out of warranty and it's over 100,000 miles. It's cheaper for me to pay the monthly fee than it is to come up with $5,000 to get my car fixed if I ever need it. I just signed up with Olive and it was easier than I thought. I do a lot of business online and I appreciated the fact that it was very user-friendly, interactive, led me through the process and gave me several payment options. It was very smooth and I didn't waste a lot of time.

It took a minute for them to send me my receipt and my information to create my login. As soon as you sign up, they say go log back in but you can't log back in 'cause you don't have your login credentials created. There was a little bit of confusion but I'm good. I called them asking when I was gonna get my login credentials. I also did call them about my package and everything I needed to have to file a claim. I talked with a woman and she was very courteous and patient with me. She seemed to be quite knowledgeable. Everything was resolved when I was on the phone with her.

I'm happy that I found Olive. I did read the policy through and it met my expectations. I have a greater sense of security. I appreciate the fact that I was able to get a warranty on a car with my mileage on it. That was my struggle. A lot of warranty companies won't touch you after 100,000 miles. I was gonna recommend Olive to my cousin. She has an older car as well and her warranty is gone.

olive response

Thank you for the 5 Stars Teri and welcome to olive. Appreciate your excellent feedback-while we strive to service our customers brilliantly online, we do provide friendly, no pressure customer advocates you can call with any questions or to help you get signed up. We are upgrading our systems regularly and, again, sincerely appreciate the valuable feedback we get from our customers like you. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us anytime you need assistance or have questions. We agree that our MBI and VSC solutions are an excellent way to extend your extended car warranty-especially when you still have car payments to make!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2020

My car is not that old so it's probably worth salvageable if anything happens to it. I wouldn't just throw the car away or get rid of it or sell it. I'm actually intending on keeping it. So having an auto warranty was a good idea. It wasn't hard to get one from Olive. Signing up went pretty cool. I inquired online and then somebody called me back and then we completed the process on the phone. I got a smog testing the other day. Then they said that there was a recall and that I gotta take it to Nissan. Other than that, they said that it was a good car. So I was really happy to hear that. Their reps were very nice. They helped me out, they told me all the stuff and that they were there if I needed anything.

olive response

Thank you for the Five Stars Kathryn. We are so glad we could help make it easier for you to keep your Nissan and still have peace of mind against expensive auto repairs.

Our easy monthly payments, no waiting period and a cancel anytime policy we think we are the best extended car warranty solution* for many people.

*What are often called "extended car warranties" is technically Mechanical breakdown Insurance in California (MBI) and a Vehicle Service Contract (VSC) in the rest of the US.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2020

Olive gave me a quote real quick. I didn't have to fill out a bunch of information. It was easy to sign up versus the other people who were kind of in-depth and they wanted to kind of be reaching out to you. Olive gave me the information automatically which is why I signed up. It was a pretty decent experience and it's cheap for what I got that’s why I got it. So far, so good.

olive response

Thank you for the 5 Stars and the kind words Mason. We agree, when you are looking for an extended car warranty solution you should not have to put up with instant robocalls and pushy salespeople! With olive you can get a customizable quote with 9 options and sign up for our easy monthly payments all online, and if you want to call someone you have the support of our no pressure customer advocates. You get a quote good for 30 days so you don't have make a decision right away either. olive is there for you when you need! So happy we can provide you with peace of mind from expensive auto repairs.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2020

I did extensive research and it was like you needed insurance for your insurance almost with the other companies. But Olive was stellar. I started reading it to my girlfriend and she felt it was what she needed. Everybody spoke good about Olive. However, we recently had a problem with them. A month before last, my girlfriend noticed that they haven't pulled the payment out of her account yet. She had an email from Olive that there was a problem. It turned out that it was some type of a glitch with their system. The payment was then made. But for the next payment, she noticed that there was nothing coming out.

We were at Home Depot making a purchase and then she got this email that said that her policy has been cancelled. She panicked. She's kind of OCD about her car breaking down. She could have a brand new car and she would be afraid that it's gonna break down. So we got this policy to eliminate that. But this just brought everything back.

She called and talked to them. During this time, she had fraud detected on her account. So she had a new debit card and gave it to them. They pulled the last payment off of that debit card. So it was in the system without a doubt. But somehow they've been trying to pull the payment off of the old debit card, and it wasn’t going to happen. Her payment was $36 a month but then they wanted a payment of $56. She asked about this and they said it was what it's going to be now because she basically reapplied. But this wasn't her fault. She went to great lengths to make sure something like this didn't happen. She has that account just for payments.

We were going back and forth with this guy. We authorized him to make $56 payment but I asked we could get it disputed. But 10 minutes after we got off the phone with the guy, he hit her account for $104. So we called and got ahold of somebody. He said he was sorry but he was almost like laughing about it. He said he refunded the money. But then they tried to pull another 56 bucks out. It was not there because the money takes a while to get back on the account. Then they said she was not covered. But she had done nothing. I don't know what went wrong in this guy's head.

One thing that they said was that their screen would not allow them to go back to her old policy. The rep said the problem was that he charged for both policies, the old one and the new one. But with the previous rep, he said that he couldn't do this. The whole time, we wanted to talk to a manager but we never did. Someone was supposed to call. This whole thing went on for four hours until we threw our hands up.

At one point, someone offered a reduced deductible for $10 a month more than what my girlfriend was paying. But it's a 250 deductible instead of a 500. We said we would take it but it went out the window. We thought we were talking to supervisor. But we realized later that we weren't. It took two days before they finally resolved it and now she pays $46. Everybody I talked to was really nice. But end of the day, they caused us a lot of problems.

olive response

Matthew and Sara, we sincerely apologize for how this was handled. Our executive team met yesterday and agreed to fix this so that you got the original lower price offer you were quoted. All of our quotes are good for 30 days, and once you sign up we will not raise your price during the term of your agreement. Again, we sincerely apologize for the error on our part. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us when you have any questions, adjustments to your account or you need to file a claim.

Thank you for the second chance to earn your business.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

There weren't a lot of options. There were three levels and I sought the best program. However, it was a lot more than I thought it was gonna be. I didn't have to get the full coverage but I'm kind of a full coverage kind of gal. I don't want to have to sweat the small things and manage in spite. Even my health insurance, I have a good plan so I don't have to spend hours on the phone trying to decode what's covered and what's not. I don't like doing that ‘cause it's very time consuming.

Olive didn't quite explain to me how the claims work if I ever were to have one. I was waiting to get that whole booklet for me to go through it but they didn't send me the whole program of what it covers. We talked about it over the phone and the rep described some of the features it covers but it's a lot different when someone's telling you in your ear. I don't remember all the details.

olive response

Thank you for the 4 Stars, Korina. Remember that those 3 options for coverage also allow 3 different deductible options. If you feel like the monthly payment is a bit higher than you are comfortable with, raising your deductible can be a great way to get the coverage you want while keeping your monthly payment low. Since you are a "full coverage kind of gal" the low deductible comprehensive coverage sounds like it may have been the right choice for you. With our cancel anytime monthly payment program we want to work hard every month to earn your business, so please do not hesitate to reach out to our customer advocates over the phone if you have any questions or did not receive your coverage details (sometimes those things go to spam) and we will make sure you get everything you need in writing.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

My car is still in good shape. But the warranty on it ran out. Olive Auto Warranty was pretty good and there weren't that many companies in California that covered Californians so I went with them. I purchased their protection plan over the internet but I lost the information. So I called and the guy helped me over the phone. He was knowledgeable. It was good customer service.

olive response

Thank you for the 5 Stars Dino, and welcome to the olive family! Glad you were able to get your coverage 100% online, and that we could be there for you when you need assistance. We are one of the only solutions in California and nationwide that provides you with easy monthly payments, no waiting period and a cancel anytime policy we think we are the best extended car warranty solution* for many people.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2020

I wanted to get more auto warranty coverage. I called Olive and talked to somebody. They were great.

olive response

Thank you for the Five Stars and the kind words Kelly. Very glad we could help you get peace of mind from expensive auto repairs with our extended car warranty solution (Mechanical Breakdown Insurance). Our no pressure customer advocates are here for you anytime you need a question answered, or you can quote, purchase and service your plan 100% online.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2020

Olive Auto Warranty had good rates and a few good reviews. Their representative told me everything about their coverage and they did it pretty well. It was easy to sign up with them. There were about 1,000 miles before I'd get covered. They should have immediate coverage. Other than that, I was satisfied with the experience. It is very valuable to have warranty protection for your car.

olive response

Thank you for the 3 stars and your kind words. I think there could be a misunderstanding in your favor, because while most of our competitors have a 30 day/1,000 mile waiting period, we have no waiting period. When you sign up with us you are covered the very next morning at 12am. Combined with easy monthly payments and a cancel anytime policy we think we are the best extended car warranty solution* for many people. Please reach out to us right away if you have an issue with your car-no need to wait 30 days.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2020

When something was wrong with my car, I had put it in a shop. A lady called me and told me my warranty expired which I thought I had five years. She told me that the miles on it exceeded and I had to get something else. Olive looked like the cheapest car warranty that I was going through for the quote. That really made me go ahead and proceed. A rep reached out to me and went over all the details. He explained everything and which coverage was gonna be best for me.

olive response

Thank you for the 4 Stars Miracle. You are correct, you have to watch that mileage when it comes to car warranty solutions. If you have less than 140,000 miles with us, you can start with olive and get covered up to 185,000 miles- over 3 years-that's 15,000/year and you could even drive 44,999 miles in the first year and still be covered! And if you started with only 80,000 miles, you would be to go over 100,000 miles over 3 years before your coverage ran out. Even we think that is pretty impressive and have not heard of anyone else offering that level of service. Combined with easy monthly payments, no waiting period and a cancel anytime policy we think we are the best extended car warranty solution* for many people.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2020

I already had a warranty but I had issues with it so I was looking for another one. Olive was recommended to me by someone else so I looked into it. The price seemed really good but they changed the price on me once I paid for it. It was a 50% increase in the premium. The excuse I was given was that the true mileage of the car was different to what I had put in when I initially requested the quote and that difference was 3,000 miles. That was ridiculous. I do think it was a bait and switch and I'm not real happy about that. But I'm still keeping the policy because it seems like they've got pretty good ratings with the Better Business Bureau. Also, they've got an A-plus insurance company behind them so it seems like a fairly safe bet for me. The warranty I had turned out to be a scam and I hope Olive proves to be more than that.

olive response
Thank you for the feedback Keith. You are correct, Keith, since we base our prices off of make, model, age and mileage of the car getting that mileage correct can be very important. If your mileage change moved you into another bracket the price would go up. That said, your monthly premium is now fixed and will not increase for 3 years from the policy start date.

Glad we could still provide a good value for you with no up front deposit, easy monthly payments you can cancel anytime. We want to continue to earn your business every month so please do not hesitate to reach out to us anytime you need assistance or have any questions.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2020

I purchased a new vehicle and needed a warranty on it. I called Olive because I had several questions. Their rep was very knowledgeable and he was able to answer the questions that I needed answered very clearly. With the extended warranty, I have a whole lot of security driving. If I need to call, I can call. Olive is a good coverage. From what I see so far, it's very affordable. The team that I talked to was very informative and they do a great job.

olive response

Thank you for the 5 Star review, Delbert. We aim to please and are so glad you chose olive's easy monthly payment program (which you can cancel anytime) to give you peace of mind against expensive auto repairs. Often referred to as an "extended car warranty", our mechanical breakdown insurance covers California drivers, and our vehicle service contracts for the rest of the US. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us whenever you have questions, need assistance filing claim, or need some tips on how to save money on your regular maintenance. We have you covered across the US and Canada, so enjoy your road trips!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2020

I have always had warranties of one sort or another. I look for value received and found Olive on the internet. The cost factor was about half that of their competitors and they gave me a good reason to believe that they were well in compliance with California law. The signup was seamless. I was contacted and we completed the transaction on the telephone and online. There was a little bit of confusion at the onset of my research. I wasn't able to connect for certain numbers that were disconnected. But when I was contacted by the young lady that completed the application, I was satisfied with all the explanations.

olive response

Thank you for the 5 Stars Don, and welcome to olive. Glad we could help you with peace of mind from expensive auto repairs, and while we offer a 100% online solution from quote, plan customization to purchase and service, we do have no pressure customer advocates you can call anytime. Glad you were able to find the olive solution with easy monthly payments, no waiting period and a cancel anytime "extended auto warranty"* solution.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2020

My vehicle doesn't have an extended warranty policy and it's a newer vehicle. With electronics and everything else, I didn't wanna get stuck with paying for something. I looked into extended warranties. About a month ago when I first started looking for a truck, I filled out a quote. Olive called me shortly thereafter to try to get me to purchase an extended warranty through them. I wasn’t ready because I didn't purchase the truck yet. They were very nice and just told me to give them a call. When I got my new truck, I went back to their website and did everything through there. They immediately sent me all the information that I needed as far as the warranty contract and everything else. It was really easy and straightforward.

Their rep was great and was easy to talk to. It didn't seem like it was a call center from another country. That sometimes kinda gets irritating because you cannot understand and they may not understand your questions. The rep I spoke with was very knowledgeable and answered all my questions. He gave me a number to call if I needed some help. Olive has good and affordable coverage that is painless to set up. I generally do my research and it says that Olive is credited through the Better Business Bureau so I trust that. I hope that everything is the way it comes up to be. It seems like Olive is a trustworthy company.

olive response

Thank you for your 5 Star review and detailed assessment Joshua-and welcome to the olive family. We couldn't have put it any better ourselves. We are glad we can be here for you when you need us, and in giving you peace of mind from expensive auto repairs. You are correct our customer advocates are no pressure direct employees of olive living in the US. We are also one of the few BBB A+ rated companies in our industry. We will work hard to earn your business every month! Thank you again for the kind words.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2020

I found Olive on the internet and talked with somebody for about 30 minutes. Signing up was good.

olive response

Thank you for the Five Stars Donna. We do our best to give you 9 different options for customizing your plan, with 100% online purchase option or our no pressure customer advocates available on the phone we will be here for you if and when you need to.

*What are often called "extended auto warranties" is technically Mechanical breakdown Insurance in California (MBI) and a Vehicle Service Contract (VSC) in the rest of the US.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2020

I recently crossed over 100,000 miles on my car and it's running really good. I really like it. I wasn't in the mindset to get a new car so I wanted to get some warranty coverage on it just in case. I heard a radio advertisement for CarShield so I went to their website. When you use their website, it will direct you to your best fit warranty program. It directed me to Olive. They sent me the quotes and I signed up with them not even a week ago. I got one call from Olive after they had emailed me the quote to tell me they emailed me and to look it over. If I had any questions, I was to call them. But I didn't really have any questions. They gave me everything I wanted in the email. I basically did it all online. The process seemed to be pretty smooth.

olive response

Thank you for the 5 Star rating Gary. You are correct-we are one of the few companies that provide what are often called "extended car warranties"* in California. Glad we are here to give you peace of mind against expensive auto repairs. We are glad to be here if and when you need us!

*Technically called Mechanical breakdown Insurance in California (MBI) and a Vehicle Service Contract (VSC) in the rest of the US.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2020

I looked into a couple other companies but it seemed like Olive at least offered to go with the higher miles and that was the deciding factor. They seemed like they knew what they were talking about. I asked is there any limit that they won't repair up to a point. They said they won't pay more than the car is worth which is kind of the generic answer I’ve experienced from many insurance companies.

They are friendly and kind on the phone but the only thing is when I went on to purchase it, I got a confirmation that I purchased it but no emails came. There wasn't a way to log on to the website. I didn't really know I had it. I didn't know my policy number. I looked at my bank account and it hadn’t charged it yet. I tried to refresh all of the pages but it would just take me back into doing a quote. I had a check mark over my car so I assumed that means I got it. After 4 or 5 days, I got an automated call from someone saying everything was okay then I got a welcome email shortly after that.

olive response

Thank you for your feedback, Keegan. We are so glad you joined the olive family and that we could provide peace of mind against expensive auto repairs. We apologize for the delay on the confirmation e-mail, typically they are sent within 24 hours or sooner. Occasionally these e-mails will be directed to a spam folder or potentially other folders depending on your e-mail provider. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us directly via phone or online any time you have any questions about your coverage.

olive Company Information