4.5/5 (305 ratings)

About olive

olive is a consumer-informed mechanical breakdown coverage provider that seeks to offer a high-quality product at the right time in a transparent manner. Plan holders can cancel at any time or transfer the plan to a new buyer without a transfer fee. olive’s customers are in the driver’s seat when it comes to purchasing options and plan choices, and all rates are locked in for three years. Once you choose your deductible and coverage level, coverage begins the next day with no waiting period. olive is the official auto mechanical breakdown coverage partner of the NHL.

Pros

• Quote and buy online 24/7
  • No robocalls ever
  • No waiting period or inspection

Cons

• Preexisting conditions not covered
  • Vehicle must be 10 years or newer
  • Doesn’t cover some performance cars

Bottom Line

olive provides multiple solutions to cover your vehicle. olive has three plan levels with three deductibles available to purchase 100% online or over the phone. Your vehicle must meet age and mileage restrictions.

olive Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about olive?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about olive?

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

Applying with Olive was fairly easy. I did it while I was in line at a store. When I talked to the lady that signed me up, she wasn't pushy. She wasn't trying to for their warranty on me as if there was no other company available to me. She was really calm explaining Olive and what they offer. When I called back a few days after the lady called me, whoever answered the phone transferred the call to the lady I spoke with when he pulled my information up instead of taking the sale. I'm big on integrity and I like that he did that.

olive response

Hi Curtasha, Thank you for the compliments, we set out to provide transparency, whether you speak with a coverage advocate or prefer to get a quote and sign up online. We are here for you. Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

I like the fact that they could give me a monthly payment, and then I can cancel it anytime that I want. The coverage seemed to be accepted, and the price was right. I was very comfortable when I was purchasing the policy. It wasn't high-pressured. They did a good job explaining everything that was offered in the policy. They've sent me all the information.

olive response

Thank you for the great feedback Arthur! We strive to provide clear and accurate information to customers and perspective customers.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

The representative was very informative. She answered all my questions and took her time. She was very patient.

olive response

Thank you for your comments Tina. Buying an extended warranty for car, is an important purchase, so we take out time to be thorough and make sure our customers understand what they are purchasing!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

They looked the best during the computer research. The reps was very kind and informative. They explained the differences, and it was informative the way they showed the differences. Their website was informative and beneficial when I was purchasing the plan. I'm very satisfied with the coverage.

olive response

Hi David, Thank you for the 4 stars. We appreciate you going through each part of the process to get a quote and felt everything was a positive experience for you. Cheers! olive

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

I like the quick response, the customer service, and the price too. I also like the different coverages that Olive offers. Purchasing the coverage was fairly quickly. Ernie really explained to me the differences and clarified any concerns or questions I had.

olive response
Reyna, Thank you so much for the 5 stars and the kind words about your service experience and the Coverage Advocate who helped you.

Ernie is awesome! Welcome to the olive family.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

I've always had coverage and when I purchased one from Olive, the process was easy. The warranty is good to have on a used car or a car that doesn't have a factory warranty, so that's why I got it. My enrollment experience was perfect and the rep I spoke to was professional. He made it easy and it was effortless.

olive response

Hi Jeff. Thanks for explaining your experience with getting an olive quote. We love hearing how easy it was for you. We hope you continue to enjoy and have peace of mind with your olive policy!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2021

Olive Auto Warranty was the cheapest and they had very good reviews. When I googled, they kept coming up at the top 10 and I liked how they are really flexible. Plus, you can cancel any time with them and the customer service was amazing. The rep I talked to was so sweet. I also brought in my brother-in-law and I’m getting ready to bring in my daughter as well as my sister. Olive gave me a $50 gift card, too.

olive response

Wow, fantastic review and thank you for the referrals too! Word of mouth and referrals truly the best compliment we could receive.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

The cost of the auto warranty that I was going to get was too high and I couldn't afford it. Olive was cheaper and that made me decide to get their policy. The purchasing process was really cool and I had an interaction on the phone with their rep, Scott. He explained everything to me and the process worked out better for me than going online. The deductible and charges also worked for me.

olive response

Hello Shelia. Thank you for the FIVE Stars. We really appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience with Scott. olive tries to be as affordable as possible for their customers. That is why there are essentially 9 plans to choose from. We are so glad you joined the olive family.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2021

While I was googling for auto warranties, I ended up right at ConsumerAffairs and they recommended this Olive thing. I never heard of it, but it looked like it had good reviews. Their monthly price was also pretty good over three years. For the deductible, I wanted a high deductible plan that was cheap month-to-month. All I care about is the total cost but they only do month-to-month and in over three years, it was $600 for the Plus with the $500 deductible. And it was by far the cheapest plan with the most coverage I was able to put together. I hope I never have to use the policy but I mostly want to be protected in a new engine, like some new powertrain. Some $500 fix doesn't bother me, but $8,000 does. The signup process was easy and I'm happy with at least the description of the plan and the price that I got from Olive.

olive response

Thanks for the great review Alex. We could not have said it any better, we will be hear if you need us.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2020

I have a Mercedes and my extended warranty was expiring. I went through ConsumerAffairs and found Olive, I wish I would have found Olive when I bought my car because their warranty covers more than Mercedes extended warranty, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Olive to everyone.

olive response

Wow thank you for the great review Phillip, we sure do appreciate it!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2020

I was very satisfied with the sign up experience with Olive. I chose their plan that was most fitted for me and I made the payment on the spot.

olive response

Thank you for the Five Star review Oscar. We are glad you found our online quoting and purchasing technology convenient. We will be here when you need us!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

An auto warranty is the best way to get the best quality assurance service and maintenance for your car. I signed up with Olive and the process was great. I did it on the phone with a representative. I have also filed a claim and it was easy. I had one problem though. They said it was pre-existing. But I didn't really even worry about it because they said my warranty was new. I had just signed up for it. They covered the majority of it and I paid the rest out of pocket. If you want a good warranty company to cover your car, sign up with Olive. I referred three people and they already signed up with them.

olive response

Thank you for the Five Star review Clinton. Welcome to the olive family. Glad we could help you get the coverage you need and save money on your auto repairs.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

Olive has the most upfront pricing metrics as well as the ability to be instantly covered and I decided to go with them. The initial setup was straight to the point, so that was good. I didn't have to waste a lot of time being confused. There was a slight hiccup but a quick phone call was able to rectify that. The contract was in the email and you’ll be able to read and understand it. The good thing is you can cancel at any time, so I'm not locked into it. The rep was pleasant, professional, quick, to-the-point and answered any questions I had. She made sure everything was understood. Warranties are like acquired taste. You're gonna have to see for yourself but it's been pleasant.

olive response

Thank you for the Five Star rating Shawn. Welcome to the olive family. Glad we could provide peace of mind from expensive auto repairs.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2020

I found out that I didn't have a warranty on my car. It's only a 2014 but when I bought it, it was pre owned and it only had a one year warranty. So, the dealer lied to me about that. They told me that I had an extended warranty. It wasn't in my contract, which was my fault, and I didn't follow through with that. I was pressured to get a car right away and I didn't look at all the details. I got a letter from the dealer that my warranty was not in effect. I had to get something so I started looking and I came across Olive online. It seemed more frugal so I signed up with it.

I checked a bunch of others and they were quite a bit more money. I'm on a fixed income, a senior citizen and semi-retired although I work part-time. It’s not like I have a lot of money to spend. The rep was nice, very informative and kind. He said he was a licensed agent but that this was an insurance program. He was very clear. I spoke with him on three separate occasions and I asked different questions at different times. His customer service was super and the purchasing process with Olive was good.

olive response

Thank you for the Five Stars, Elizabeth. Welcome to olive and peace of mind against expensive auto repairs.

We agree that our easy monthly payments, no waiting period and a cancel anytime policy we think we are the best extended car warranty solution* for many people.

*What are often called "extended car warranties" is technically Mechanical breakdown Insurance in California (MBI) and a Vehicle Service Contract (VSC) in the rest of the US.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2020

Olive's payment plan option was the best one at that time that I got an extended warranty so I went with them. The process was all done through email and it was great. The coverage did show what it didn't cover which wasn't a lot at all so I feel secure with it. Olive has probably the clearest explanation as to what you get for what you pay for. You get the best deal.

olive response

Thank you for the Five Stars Adam. We strive to make it easy for everyone to get the peace of mind you need.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2020

I wanted to get an extended warranty for my car. I looked at some reviews and Olive has some good ones. It looked like a good option and I signed up with them. The process was very straightforward. It was a good experience overall.

olive response

Thank you for the Four Stars Omar. let us know what we can do to get you to a Five Star rating for you. We are one of the only solutions in California and nationwide that provides you with easy monthly payments, no waiting period and a cancel anytime policy we think we are the best extended car warranty solution* for many people.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

Someone was calling me a week prior but that was the time that I didn't have time and I didn't feel like talking. I figured that I was gonna call when I had the chance but I didn't record the number they had called me. I was telling my neighbor and that was when they gave me Olive's information. I purchased the warranty and everything is fine. It was pretty easy and the representative was very helpful. However, I haven't received anything in the mail and I'd looked through my email too.

olive response

Thank you for the Five Stars, Ronda. We are so glad your neighbor gave us a thumbs up! If you ever need anything or you do not receive something from us that we tried to send you please check your spam and feel free to call us anytime at 646-216-9538. We are one of the only solutions in California and nationwide that provides you with easy monthly payments, no waiting period and a cancel anytime policy we think we are the best extended car warranty solution* for many people.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

The factory warranty of my wife’s Explorer had run out. If I did it again through the dealership, I’d have to go out of pocket 3,500 bucks. With Olive, I'd make monthly payments of 126 bucks for a $250 deductible, which works out better. I emailed one of the reps and he responded to all of it. He was good and didn't try to oversell me, and I decided to go with them. 11 days after I got the policy, my wife was helping her mom move from Parkers Prairie, Minnesota down into the cities and I smelled coolant. I brought it to the dealership and it's still getting repaired. Everybody to this point has been great. They’ve gone above and beyond. I am signing my daughter up on it too because it’s very cost-effective for what you get.

olive response

Thank you for the kind words and the Five Star review Marc. We are so glad we could be there for your family when you were in need. We strive to make this process as simple, transparent and straightforward as possible so you can get the coverage you need for peace of mind against expensive auto repairs.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

I had bought a new car about two months ago, and they had an extended warranty on the car. They were telling me, which I regret, that if I were to cancel it, my car loan would go down like 40 bucks a month. The guy was also saying, “Oh, you don't really need it because you got a brand new car.” So, I listened to him, being naive, and I cancelled it. As soon as my mom found out, she said, “No, you don't do that. Anything can happen at any time with a brand new car.” I didn't realize that because I had a brand new Chevy about five years back. I had it a week and the whole engine went out. I regretted it as soon as I did it because my car loan didn't even go down. They just gave $2,000 to the finance company. So, I need to put something on because I don't know what's gonna happen. As soon as I got olive, not even like seven days, my alternator went out. It was crazy but my factory warranty is paying for it. So, I have a rental right now.

I did the setup online, but I had to call olive because I didn't get an email. I had to confirm everything was correct, and the gentleman that I did speak to was very helpful. He sent me an email right away. I also spoke to somebody when my battery died and I was trying to figure out what was going on with my car. I did speak to a gentleman and he was the reason why my car is being fixed right now. He said, “Well, we would love to help you and fix your vehicle but, you're under a factory warranty for five years. I don't know why they didn't tell you that because you have a brand new car, you have a factory warranty.” He was the reason why I went over to the Hyundai dealership and got it fixed. He was very helpful.

olive response

Thank you for the 5 Stars, Meeka. Welcome to the olive family. We are very happy we can help you have peace of mind from expensive auto repairs.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2020

My vehicle is a little bit pricey so that's why I choose to go with the third-party extended warranty. I went with Olive for their price. I paid it online and it was simple and easy for me to purchase. I highly recommend them.

olive response

Thank you for the Five Star rating Junghwa. It's our goal to be affordable and convenient, while providing stellar customer service. Welcome to the olive family.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2020

It's a little clunky trying to use Olive's interface. It doesn't let you remove old cars and it doesn't let you get quotes super easily to see how much warranty will be on a bunch of different car options. But the experience of purchasing the protection plan was pretty good. Overall, I'd recommend it.

olive response

Thank you for the 4 Stars Jakin-let us know what we can do to get a Five Star rating. We are glad you joined olive and that we can provide you with the peace of mind you want against expensive auto repairs.

Our easy monthly payments, no waiting period and a cancel anytime policy we think we are the best extended car warranty solution* for many people.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2020

Having an auto warranty is very important to me. My original warranty expired and I was hearing about Olive on the radio. They're advertising it a lot. I signed up with them. I used their service not too long ago and it was pretty easy. I called them and their rep asked what the problem was. He knew what he was doing. When I told him the issue was my windshield and not the wipers, he said that was my water motor or washer motor. He said to find a place and they would take care of it. I had no issues and I didn’t have the struggle to get my car fixed. Even the guy at the shop said I had a good warranty because Olive took care of the claim right away. A lot of places would question it.

olive response

That is what we are here for Gerardo-to give you peace of mind against expensive auto repairs. Thank you so much for the 5 Star rating and for sharing your experience with everyone. Hopefully you noticed that while we called you, we did not hassle you or "robocall" you. Our no pressure customer advocates are available for you to speak to any time, and of course you can get a quote, customize coverage, checkout and service your plan 100% online if you prefer. Thank you again for joining the olive family.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2020

Olive Auto Warranty is more like a policy instead of a contract. We were trying to stay away from those contracts and we've been hearing some bad things about other contractors. We tried to purchase Olive online, and then we had some other questions. The gentleman called us and said he'd send us a quote in email. Everything was a smooth process compared to others. Also, the phone call I had with that representative was pretty much down to the point and no going around the bush. It was a fast and easy transaction. Olive a dependable and trustworthy company.

olive response

Thank you for your 5 Star review and what a great point you made, Jesus. We agree it's the easiest way to get your vehicle covered with mechanical breakdown insurance in California (often referred to as an "extended car warranty"). You didn't have to pay down payment-just your normal monthly payment guaranteed not to go up for 3 years, you can cancel any time-and we will never robocall you! We hope we continue to earn your business every month with continued peace of mind against expensive auto repairs. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us anytime you need to file a claim or have questions. Welcome to olive!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

A guy had told me that I could benefit from Olive ‘cause of the year of my car and what the warranty offers. I was looking for a warranty for oil changes and brake services. He said, “That's not what they do. They do mostly the electronic parts.” I being a single woman, I thought that it would be feasible for me to get it. The rep was very good. He said, “Take a day and think about it. There's no pressure here. Review it and see if it's something you wanna do. If it's not, you don't even have to call back until I call back.” I asked him if I could use it on a windshield wipers. He said, “No. The motor.” It's all to do with the use of the car and mine's been sitting for four years. If it falls apart, Olive is like a security hand for me. It's a peace of mind especially if you're a senior or a single woman. That's the best gift Olive could offer to us. I've already told all of my clients about them.

olive response

Thank you for the 5 Star rating and the kind words Evelyn. We are so glad we can provide you with peace of mind against those complicated and expensive auto repairs. Glad your car falls into our 10 years old or less and under 140,000 category so we could help! We got you covered for up to 185,000 miles on your vehicle over the next 3 years. Please continue to reach out to us with any questions or any of your needs.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2020

I’m gonna cancel my Olive policy. It looks like they are not covering so-called pre-existing issues. When I took my car into Audi, they scanned the computer and it looks like it had a couple issues that Olive did not cover. If they're not gonna cover my issues, I'm not gonna pay them.

olive response

You are correct, Vincent, we do not cover pre-existing conditions-no extended warranty solution does. However, you are also not stuck paying for our coverage if you ever become dissatisfied because you can cancel anytime. If you had bought a plan and paid thousands up front you would have been out a pretty penny only to find out your vehicle's issue was not covered. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions about your coverage. We can usually help you get a discount on services that are not covered. Rest assured that if you continue with olive we will still cover anything that is not pre-existing. Our customer advocates are very clear and provide documentation on everything that is covered, and since you have a 30 day free cancellation even for the first month's payment you are at no risk-we give you time to comb through the details so you can feel confident about your purchase.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

The warranty is up on the car and it's better for me to look for something that can cover me. I looked at CarShield and I saw that they do not cover vehicles in California which was a surprise to me. I searched companies that did cover in California and Olive was one of them. I spoke to someone to first verify that they indeed cover California cars. The rep was quite pleasant, knowledgeable, knew what was going on, and was able to respond to my inquiries with pertinent information. After talking with them, I felt a little more at ease so I went ahead and bit the bullet. From that point forward, I used the online experience to take care of the things that I needed.

olive response

Thank you for the 5 stars Clifton. You are absolutely correct, we do provide Mechanical Breakdown Insurance (MBI) in California, and what are called Vehicle Service Contracts (VSC) in the rest of the US (Washington and Florida coming soon). People often refer to these as extended vehicle warranties, but technically they are called MBIs and VSCs. Thank You for joining the olive family. While you can do everything online, we also have our own team of US based customer advocates you can speak with on the phone. Please do not hesitate to reach out online or over the phone anytime you need to file a claim or need questions answered.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

I didn't have an extended warranty on my car and it's still in its mile range. I figured what better time than to get an extended warranty on it in case something happens in the future. I had a good experience talking to Jerry and prior to getting the extended warranty, he went over things with me. As far as customer service, he wasn't telling me I needed to buy this and that versus all these other companies who like to push you into it. He was upfront with me and that's what caught my attention to want to get it. It was a very good price so I thought why not? We all need extended warranties on our vehicles especially with this pandemic going on. I highly recommend Olive. The coverage did meet my needs. It's understandable for the maintenance that I have to come out my pocket but as far as anything else, I am happy.

olive response

Thank you for the 5 Star rating, Loretta, and welcome to olive! We are so glad we can help you have peace of mind from expensive repairs. As you know, while you can quote, choose, pay and service your coverage 100% online, we have an excellent team of Customer Advocates based right here in the US that can help you with any questions you have. With our easy monthly payments, no waiting period coverage and cancel anytime policy we make it easy for you.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2020

I bought a car and chose not to get the warranty there. I heard good things and read Olive's reviews, and it seemed like a good idea. Signing up was an easy process.

olive response

Thank you for the 5 Stars Brian and welcome to olive. We have all been there - feeling like you have to make a decision at the dealership without having an opportunity to research your options is not great. Glad you held off and got the better solution for your needs. Unlike most of those programs, with olive you can cancel anytime, and our 100% online service backed by our no pressure customer advocates is how we try to provide a no pressure "extended car warranty" solution for your peace of mind. (Technically called Mechanical Breakdown Insurance in California (MBI) or Vehicle Service Contracts (VSC) in the rest of the US)

Original review: Nov. 8, 2020

The coverage on my Infinity 260 was getting close. Plus we were paying a boatload of money for it. When I talked to the lady in regards to what the coverage was and cost, it made it affordable for me to do that. She was by far one of the best customer service representatives that I've ever talked to. Since I'm in the customer service type business, it was important that she treated me with the utmost respect and was very knowledgeable of what the coverage was.

I talked to a few people over at Olive when I couldn't get hold of my salesperson, and they were extremely helpful and more than willing to help out. I'm in the sales side of the business and I know that most companies will grade you on the amount of services they sell. The guys that answered the phone prior to that had a lot of respect for the other person that sold us the business and they didn't try to poach the business for themselves.

olive response

Thank you for the 5 Stars Richard. Adding on olive's Mechanical Breakdown Coverage (in California or a Vehicle Service Contract (IN the rest of the US) as your factory vehicle warranty expires is the perfect way to make sure your vehicle is covered against unexpected, expensive repairs. Our easy monthly payments, no waiting period and 9 different program options that you can cancel or upgrade anytime is how we set olive apart from the other options out there. On top of that we are usually the best value for the dollar.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2020

I have another 18 months to pay on the car. It's out of warranty and it's over 100,000 miles. It's cheaper for me to pay the monthly fee than it is to come up with $5,000 to get my car fixed if I ever need it. I just signed up with Olive and it was easier than I thought. I do a lot of business online and I appreciated the fact that it was very user-friendly, interactive, led me through the process and gave me several payment options. It was very smooth and I didn't waste a lot of time.

It took a minute for them to send me my receipt and my information to create my login. As soon as you sign up, they say go log back in but you can't log back in 'cause you don't have your login credentials created. There was a little bit of confusion but I'm good. I called them asking when I was gonna get my login credentials. I also did call them about my package and everything I needed to have to file a claim. I talked with a woman and she was very courteous and patient with me. She seemed to be quite knowledgeable. Everything was resolved when I was on the phone with her.

I'm happy that I found Olive. I did read the policy through and it met my expectations. I have a greater sense of security. I appreciate the fact that I was able to get a warranty on a car with my mileage on it. That was my struggle. A lot of warranty companies won't touch you after 100,000 miles. I was gonna recommend Olive to my cousin. She has an older car as well and her warranty is gone.

olive response

Thank you for the 5 Stars Teri and welcome to olive. Appreciate your excellent feedback-while we strive to service our customers brilliantly online, we do provide friendly, no pressure customer advocates you can call with any questions or to help you get signed up. We are upgrading our systems regularly and, again, sincerely appreciate the valuable feedback we get from our customers like you. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us anytime you need assistance or have questions. We agree that our MBI and VSC solutions are an excellent way to extend your extended car warranty-especially when you still have car payments to make!

olive Company Information